Genomes and Genes
Summary: Diminished or impaired mental and/or intellectual function.
Publications115 found, 100 shown here
- Bankstahl U, Görtelmeyer R. Measuring subjective complaints of attention and performance failures--development and psychometric validation in tinnitus of the self-assessment scale APSA. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2013;11:86 pubmed publisher..The subscales AP-F1 and AP-F2 may be helpful for detecting specific cognitive failures and may be sensitive to different interventional effects. ..
- Makizako H, Shimada H, Doi T, Park H, Yoshida D, Uemura K, et al. Poor balance and lower gray matter volume predict falls in older adults with mild cognitive impairment. BMC Neurol. 2013;13:102 pubmed publisherThe risk of falling is associated with cognitive dysfunction. Older adults with mild cognitive impairment (MCI) exhibit an accelerated reduction of brain volume, and face an increased risk of falling...
- Zhou Q, Goryawala M, Cabrerizo M, Wang J, Barker W, Loewenstein D, et al. An optimal decisional space for the classification of Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairment. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2014;61:2245-53 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, hippocampal atrophy is seen to be the most significant for aMCI, while Accumbens area and ventricle are most significant for naMCI. ..
- Li F, Tran L, Thung K, Ji S, Shen D, Li J. A Robust Deep Model for Improved Classification of AD/MCI Patients. IEEE J Biomed Health Inform. 2015;19:1610-6 pubmed publisher..Experimental results showed that the dropout technique is very effective in AD diagnosis, improving the classification accuracies by 5.9% on average as compared to the classical deep learning methods. ..
- Ben Assayag E, Eldor R, Korczyn A, Kliper E, Shenhar Tsarfaty S, Tene O, et al. Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Impaired Renal Function Are Associated With Brain Alterations and Poststroke Cognitive Decline. Stroke. 2017;48:2368-2374 pubmed publisher..T2DM and lower eCCl have an independent and additive effect on brain atrophy and the risk of cognitive decline. URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT01926691. ..
- Hoffman P, Sajjadi S, Patterson K, Nestor P. Data-driven classification of patients with primary progressive aphasia. Brain Lang. 2017;174:86-93 pubmed publisher..The observed patterns were scarcely affected by inclusion/exclusion of non-linguistic cognitive scores. ..
- McCarthy E, Kiely M, Hannon G, Ahearne C, Kenny L, Hourihane J, et al. Microcytosis is associated with low cognitive outcomes in healthy 2-year-olds in a high-resource setting. Br J Nutr. 2017;118:360-367 pubmed publisher..This exploratory study emphasises the need for re-evaluation of the diagnostic criteria for Fe deficiency in young children, with further research in adequately powered studies warranted. ..
- Farina N, Llewellyn D, Isaac M, Tabet N. Vitamin E for Alzheimer's dementia and mild cognitive impairment. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017;4:CD002854 pubmed publisher..These conclusions have changed since the previous update, however they are still based on small numbers of trials and participants and further research is quite likely to affect the results. ..
- Yavuz B, Varan H, O Caoimh R, Kızılarslanoğlu M, Kilic M, Molloy D, et al. Validation of the Turkish Version of the Quick Mild Cognitive Impairment Screen. Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen. 2017;32:145-156 pubmed publisher..A similar pattern was shown for distinguishing MCI from dementia. Test reliability for the Q mci-TR was strong. The Q mci-TR is a reliable and useful screening tool for discriminating MCI from SMC and dementia in a Turkish population. ..
- Yeung L, Olsen R, Bild Enkin H, D Angelo M, Kacollja A, McQuiggan D, et al. Anterolateral Entorhinal Cortex Volume Predicted by Altered Intra-Item Configural Processing. J Neurosci. 2017;37:5527-5538 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to demonstrate a cognitive role related to alERC volume in humans. This task can be adapted to serve as an early detection method for Alzheimer's disease pathology. ..
- Marshall G, Donovan N, Lorius N, Gidicsin C, Maye J, Pepin L, et al. Apathy is associated with increased amyloid burden in mild cognitive impairment. J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2013;25:302-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that increased apathy is associated with greater amyloid burden but not regional hypometabolism in MCI. ..
- Cullen B, Smith D, Deary I, Evans J, Pell J. The 'cognitive footprint' of psychiatric and neurological conditions: cross-sectional study in the UK Biobank cohort. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2017;135:593-605 pubmed publisher..Although the relative prevalence of cognitive impairment was lowest in major depression, the population attributable prevalence was highest overall for this group. ..
- Sharma A, Piplani P. Design and synthesis of some acridine-piperazine hybrids for the improvement of cognitive dysfunction. Chem Biol Drug Des. 2017;90:926-935 pubmed publisher..5a-5m) was designed, synthesized and evaluated as multifunctional cholinesterase (ChE) inhibitors against cognitive dysfunction. Heterocyclic moieties acridine and piperazine were conjugated with suitable linkers in a single scaffold, ..
- Gschwind Y, Bridenbaugh S, Reinhard S, Granacher U, Monsch A, Kressig R. Ginkgo biloba special extract LI 1370 improves dual-task walking in patients with MCI: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled exploratory study. Aging Clin Exp Res. 2017;29:609-619 pubmed publisher..The observed gait improvements add to the understanding of the self-reported unspecified improvements among MCI patients when treated with standardised GBE. ..
- van der Plas E, Schachar R, Hitzler J, Crosbie J, Guger S, Spiegler B, et al. Brain structure, working memory and response inhibition in childhood leukemia survivors. Brain Behav. 2017;7:e00621 pubmed publisher..We performed MRI measurements of white and gray matter volume to explore how variation in brain structure may be related to cognitive abilities in ALL survivors and healthy controls...
- Gott C, Gates T, Dermody N, Brew B, Cysique L. Cognitive change trajectories in virally suppressed HIV-infected individuals indicate high prevalence of disease activity. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0171887 pubmed publisher..Moreover, 57% of our cohort is undergoing slow evolution of their disease, challenging the notion of prevalent neurocognitive stability in virally suppressed HIV infection. ..
- Huang M, Kwon S, He W, Meltzer H. Neurochemical arguments for the use of dopamine D4 receptor stimulation to improve cognitive impairment associated with schizophrenia. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2017;157:16-23 pubmed publisher..A D4 agonist may be useful for treating CIAS, especially as augmentation of those atypical APDs which are not potent D4 antagonists. ..
- Han J, Son K, Byun H, Ko J, Kim K, Hong J, et al. Efficacy of the Ubiquitous Spaced Retrieval-based Memory Advancement and Rehabilitation Training (USMART) program among patients with mild cognitive impairment: a randomized controlled crossover trial. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2017;9:39 pubmed publisher..The 4-week USMART modestly improved information retrieval in older people with MCI, and was well accepted with minimal technical support. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT01688128 . Registered 12 September 2012. ..
- Oscanoa T, Cieza E, Parodi J, Paredes N. [Evaluation of peruvian money test in screening of cognitive impairment among older adults]. Rev Peru Med Exp Salud Publica. 2016;33:67-73 pubmed..5% and specificity of 83.3% with cut-off value of 24. Conclusions The Peruvian adapted version of the Eurotest, called prueba de la moneda peruana could be useful in screening for cognitive impairment among older adults. ..
- Richter N, Michel A, Onur O, Kracht L, Dietlein M, Tittgemeyer M, et al. White matter lesions and the cholinergic deficit in aging and mild cognitive impairment. Neurobiol Aging. 2017;53:27-35 pubmed publisher..Pharmacologic studies are warranted to explore whether this influences the response to cholinergic treatment. ..
- Cardoso B, Hare D, Bush A, Li Q, Fowler C, Masters C, et al. Selenium Levels in Serum, Red Blood Cells, and Cerebrospinal Fluid of Alzheimer's Disease Patients: A Report from the Australian Imaging, Biomarker & Lifestyle Flagship Study of Ageing (AIBL). J Alzheimers Dis. 2017;57:183-193 pubmed publisher..The lack of change in the Se level is at odds with our previous observations in a Brazilian population deficient in Se, and we attribute this to the Australian cohort being Se-replete. ..
- Meijer K, Eijlers A, Douw L, Uitdehaag B, Barkhof F, Geurts J, et al. Increased connectivity of hub networks and cognitive impairment in multiple sclerosis. Neurology. 2017;88:2107-2114 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that cognitive impairment in MS features disturbed communication of hub-rich networks, but only with the more peripheral (i.e., nonhub) regions of the brain. ..
- Maclagan L, Maxwell C, Gandhi S, Guan J, Bell C, Hogan D, et al. Frailty and Potentially Inappropriate Medication Use at Nursing Home Transition. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2017;65:2205-2212 pubmed publisher..PIMs are more likely to be started in frail individuals following admission. Interventions to support deprescribing of PIMs should be implemented targeting frail individuals during the transition to nursing home. ..
- Akl A, Taati B, Mihailidis A. Autonomous unobtrusive detection of mild cognitive impairment in older adults. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2015;62:1383-1394 pubmed publisher..97 and an area under the precision-recall curve of 0.93 using a time window of 24 weeks. This study is of great significance since it can potentially assist in the early detection of cognitive impairment in older adults. ..
- Huang M, Jiang X, Liang Y, Liu Q, Chen S, Guo Y. Berberine improves cognitive impairment by promoting autophagic clearance and inhibiting production of ?-amyloid in APP/tau/PS1 mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Exp Gerontol. 2017;91:25-33 pubmed publisher..In summary, berberine shows neuroprotective effects on 3×Tg-AD mice and may be a promising multitarget drug in the preventionand protection against AD. ..
- Jacus J. Awareness, apathy, and depression in Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairment. Brain Behav. 2017;7:e00661 pubmed publisher..012). These results evidence comparable awareness between AD and MCI patients. The correlates were more affective and behavioral than cognitive, independently from assessment method. ..
- Baxter M, Newman R, Longpré S, Polo K. Occupational Therapy's Role in Cancer Survivorship as a Chronic Condition. Am J Occup Ther. 2017;71:7103090010P1-7103090010P7 pubmed publisher..Research, advocacy, and education efforts are needed to focus on the specific rehabilitation and habilitation needs of cancer survivors to increase access to occupational therapy's distinct value. ..
- Wang S, Yuan J, Guo X, Teng L, Jiang H, Gu H, et al. Correlation between prefrontal-striatal pathway impairment and cognitive impairment in patients with leukoaraiosis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6703 pubmed publisher..DTI may be of great help for an early pathology of white matter microstructure underlying in patients with LA. ..
- Ge S, Wu B, Bailey D, Dong X. Social Support, Social Strain, and Cognitive Function Among Community-Dwelling U.S. Chinese Older Adults. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2017;72:S16-S21 pubmed publisher..59, SE = 1.17, p < .01). Social support and strain were associated with cognitive outcomes. Future longitudinal studies should be conducted. ..
- Mijalkov M, Kakaei E, Pereira J, Westman E, Volpe G. BRAPH: A graph theory software for the analysis of brain connectivity. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178798 pubmed publisher..In the second study, using resting-state fMRI data, we compared healthy controls and Parkinson's patients with mild cognitive impairment. ..
- Thompson L, Bobonis Babilonia M. Distinguishing Depressive Symptoms From Similar Cancer-Related Somatic Symptoms: Implications for Assessment and Management of Major Depression after Breast Cancer. South Med J. 2017;110:667-672 pubmed publisher..Evidence-based nonpharmacological interventions such as cognitive behavioral therapy and antidepressant medications are recommended treatment options...
- Jie B, Shen D, Zhang D. Brain connectivity hyper-network for MCI classification. Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv. 2014;17:724-32 pubmed..The experimental results demonstrate the efficacy of our proposed method for MCI classification with comparison to the conventional connectivity network based methods. ..
- Abdullah L, Evans J, Emmerich T, Crynen G, Shackleton B, Keegan A, et al. APOE ?4 specific imbalance of arachidonic acid and docosahexaenoic acid in serum phospholipids identifies individuals with preclinical Mild Cognitive Impairment/Alzheimer's Disease. Aging (Albany NY). 2017;9:964-985 pubmed publisher..Despite the small sample size and a short follow-up, these results suggest that blood PL could potentially serve as biomarkers of preclinical MCI/AD...
- Neergaard J, Dragsbæk K, Christiansen C, Nielsen H, Brix S, Karsdal M, et al. Metabolic Syndrome, Insulin Resistance, and Cognitive Dysfunction: Does Your Metabolic Profile Affect Your Brain?. Diabetes. 2017;66:1957-1963 pubmed publisher..aim of this study was to assess the potential association among these precursors of type 2 diabetes and cognitive dysfunction. Using data from the Prospective Epidemiological Risk Factor (PERF) Study (n = 2,103), a ..
- Contreras F, Albacete A, Tebe C, Benejam B, Caño A, Menchon J. Patients with schizophrenia activate behavioural intentions facilitated by counterfactual reasoning. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178860 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, the patients showed more difficulty than the controls with the task, adding support to the concept of CFT as a potential new target for consideration in future therapeutic approaches for this illness. ..
- Ball G, Aljabar P, Nongena P, Kennea N, Gonzalez Cinca N, Falconer S, et al. Multimodal image analysis of clinical influences on preterm brain development. Ann Neurol. 2017;82:233-246 pubmed publisher..This data-driven approach defined novel and clinically relevant imaging markers of cerebral maldevelopment, which offer new insights into the nature of preterm brain injury. Ann Neurol 2017;82:233-246. ..
- Zhu D, Yang N, Liu Y, Zheng J, Ji C, Zuo P. M2 Macrophage Transplantation Ameliorates Cognitive Dysfunction in Amyloid-?-Treated Rats Through Regulation of Microglial Polarization. J Alzheimers Dis. 2016;52:483-95 pubmed publisher..This drove microglial polarization to the M2 phenotype, promoted termination of neuroinflammation, and resulted in improved cognitive abilities. ..
- Sanchis J, Ruiz V, Bonanad C, Valero E, Ruescas Nicolau M, Ezzatvar Y, et al. Prognostic Value of Geriatric Conditions Beyond Age After Acute Coronary Syndrome. Mayo Clin Proc. 2017;92:934-939 pubmed publisher..40; 95% CI, 0.16-0.65; and integrated discrimination improvement, 0.04; 95% CI, 0.01-0.10). In conclusion, frailty and comorbidity are mortality predictors that significantly reclassify risk beyond age after acute coronary syndrome. ..
- Johansson P, Almqvist E, Wallin A, Johansson J, Andreasson U, Blennow K, et al. Reduced cerebrospinal fluid concentration of interleukin-12/23 subunit p40 in patients with cognitive impairment. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176760 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to evaluate the role of CSF IL-12/23 p40 in other dementias and SMCI. ..
- Lu Y, Bakas T, Yang Z, Weaver M, Austrom M, Haase J. Feasibility and Effect Sizes of the Revised Daily Engagement of Meaningful Activities Intervention for Individuals With Mild Cognitive Impairment and Their Caregivers. J Gerontol Nurs. 2016;42:45-58 pubmed publisher..Although DEMA showed high feasibility and benefits on some health-related outcomes, further testing of DEMA in a larger randomized controlled clinical trial is needed. ..
- Miki T, Shimada H, Kim J, Yamamoto Y, Sugino M, Kowa H, et al. Brain uptake and safety of Flutemetamol F 18 injection in Japanese subjects with probable Alzheimer's disease, subjects with amnestic mild cognitive impairment and healthy volunteers. Ann Nucl Med. 2017;31:260-272 pubmed publisher..Visual delineation of abnormal and normal scans was corroborated by quantitative assessment, with low test-retest variability. Clinicaltrials.gov registration number NCT02813070. ..
- Bettio L, Rajendran L, Gil Mohapel J. The effects of aging in the hippocampus and cognitive decline. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2017;79:66-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, such approaches may have therapeutic value in counteracting the deleterious effects of aging and protecting the brain against age-associated neurodegenerative processes. ..
- Staplin L, Lococo K, Mastromatto T, Sifrit K, Trazzera K. CE: Can Your Older Patients Drive Safely?. Am J Nurs. 2017;117:34-43 pubmed publisher..They also discuss the importance of connecting older adults to community resources that may help them continue driving safely for a longer period or find alternative transportation options. ..
- Haring B, Omidpanah A, Suchy Dicey A, Best L, Verney S, Shibata D, et al. Left Ventricular Mass, Brain Magnetic Resonance Imaging, and Cognitive Performance: Results From the Strong Heart Study. Hypertension. 2017;70:964-971 pubmed publisher..Our findings emphasize the role of cardiovascular health in midlife as a target for the prevention of deleterious cognitive and functional outcomes in later life. ..
- Wang D, Liu X, Liu Y, Shen G, Zhu X, Li S. Treatment effects of Cardiotrophin-1 (CT-1) on streptozotocin-induced memory deficits in mice. Exp Gerontol. 2017;92:42-45 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggested that CT-1 improves pathological changes and cognitive impairments via AMPK activation in ICV-STZ mice. ..
- Chirles T, Reiter K, Weiss L, Alfini A, Nielson K, Smith J. Exercise Training and Functional Connectivity Changes in Mild Cognitive Impairment and Healthy Elders. J Alzheimers Dis. 2017;57:845-856 pubmed publisher..Whether these effects of exercise training may delay further cognitive decline in patients diagnosed with MCI remains to be demonstrated. ..
- Park J, Han S, Cho H, Byun M, Yi D, Choe Y, et al. Chemically treated plasma A? is a potential blood-based biomarker for screening cerebral amyloid deposition. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2017;9:20 pubmed publisher..MPP-A? might be one of the potential blood biomarkers for the prediction of PiB-PET positivity in the brain. ..
- da Costa M, Bernardi J, Costa L, Fiuza T, Brandão R, Ribeiro M, et al. N-acetylcysteine treatment attenuates the cognitive impairment and synaptic plasticity loss induced by streptozotocin. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;272:37-46 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that NAC is a promising therapeutic strategy for the treatment of AD. ..
- Muñoz Moreno J, Prats A, Molto J, Garolera M, Perez Alvarez N, Diez Quevedo C, et al. Transdermal rivastigmine for HIV-associated cognitive impairment: A randomized pilot study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182547 pubmed publisher..Relevant tolerability issues were not observed. ..
- Borrie S, Brems H, Legius E, Bagni C. Cognitive Dysfunctions in Intellectual Disabilities: The Contributions of the Ras-MAPK and PI3K-AKT-mTOR Pathways. Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet. 2017;18:115-142 pubmed publisher..disorders arising from mutations in these pathways exhibit related neurological phenotypes, including cognitive dysfunction, autism, and intellectual disability...
- Mu L, Peng L, Zhang Z, Jie J, Jia S, Yuan H. Memory and Executive Screening for the Detection of Cognitive Impairment in Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Am J Med Sci. 2017;354:399-407 pubmed publisherObstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is commonly associated with cognitive dysfunction, which is more apparent in severe OSA and impairs quality of life. However, the clinical screening methods for these impairments in OSA are still limited...
- Papma J, Smits M, de Groot M, Mattace Raso F, van der Lugt A, Vrooman H, et al. The effect of hippocampal function, volume and connectivity on posterior cingulate cortex functioning during episodic memory fMRI in mild cognitive impairment. Eur Radiol. 2017;27:3716-3724 pubmed publisher..PCC functioning during episodic memory does not relate to hippocampal structure in MCI. â€¢ Functional network changes are an important predictor of PCC functioning in MCI. ..
- Clark K, Clark C, Rahman A. A critical analysis of the tools to evaluate neuropsychiatric lupus. Lupus. 2017;26:504-509 pubmed publisher..However, formal cognitive testing is seldom carried out in the acute setting. ..
- Buckley R, Schultz A, Hedden T, Papp K, Hanseeuw B, Marshall G, et al. Functional network integrity presages cognitive decline in preclinical Alzheimer disease. Neurology. 2017;89:29-37 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that rs-fcMRI may be a useful predictor of early, AD-related cognitive decline in clinical research settings. ..
- Seo J, Lim S, Kim J, Lee K, Kim J. Alantolactone and Isoalantolactone Prevent Amyloid ?25-35 -induced Toxicity in Mouse Cortical Neurons and Scopolamine-induced Cognitive Impairment in Mice. Phytother Res. 2017;31:801-811 pubmed publisher..Therefore, AL and IAL deserve further study as potential therapeutic agents for reactive oxygen species-related neurodegenerative diseases. Copyright © 2017 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Rooijackers H, Wiegers E, van der Graaf M, Thijssen D, Kessels R, Tack C, et al. A Single Bout of High-Intensity Interval Training Reduces Awareness of Subsequent Hypoglycemia in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes. Diabetes. 2017;66:1990-1998 pubmed publisher..that, in the short term, HIIT reduces awareness of hypoglycemia and attenuates hypoglycemia-induced cognitive dysfunction. In a randomized crossover trial, patients with type 1 diabetes and normal awareness of hypoglycemia (NAH),..
- Jozwiak N, Postuma R, Montplaisir J, Latreille V, Panisset M, Chouinard S, et al. REM Sleep Behavior Disorder and Cognitive Impairment in Parkinson's Disease. Sleep. 2017;40: pubmed publisher..This patient subgroup and their caregivers should receive targeted medical attention to better detect and monitor impairment and to enable the development of management interventions for cognitive decline and its consequences. ..
- Yi D, Seo E, Han J, Sohn B, Byun M, Lee J, et al. Development of the Korean Adult Reading Test (KART) to estimate premorbid intelligence in dementia patients. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181523 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the results support the validity of KART-predicted IQ as an index of premorbid IQ in individuals with AD. ..
- Cabral C, Silveira M. Classification of Alzheimer's disease from FDG-PET images using favourite class ensembles. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2013;2013:2477-80 pubmed publisher..The ensembles systematically outperformed the corresponding single classifier with the best result (66.78%) being obtained by the SVM ensemble. ..
- Oikonomidis L, Santangelo A, Shiba Y, Clarke F, Robbins T, Roberts A. A dimensional approach to modeling symptoms of neuropsychiatric disorders in the marmoset monkey. Dev Neurobiol. 2017;77:328-353 pubmed publisher..circuits and identifying the selective neurochemical modulation (serotonin vs dopamine) that underlie cognitive dysfunction have revealed counterparts in the clinical domain...
- Li W, Tian Y, Deng Y, Feng X, Wang Y, Feng H, et al. [Correlation between serum adiponectin level and cognitive function in patients with Alzheimer's disease]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2016;37:542-545 pubmed..05). Serum adiponectin level was positively correlated with the MMSE score in the AD patients (r=0.683, P<0.001). Serum adiponectin levels are reduced in AD patients and associated with the degree of cognitive impairment. ..
- Comes M, Rosa A, Reinares M, Torrent C, Vieta E. Functional Impairment in Older Adults With Bipolar Disorder. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2017;205:443-447 pubmed publisher..217, p = 0.002). Older patients with bipolar disorder had a greater functional impairment than the healthy control group. Implementation of novel rehabilitation models is critical to help patients manage their illness. ..
- Pauletti A, Terrone G, Shekh Ahmad T, Salamone A, Ravizza T, Rizzi M, et al. Targeting oxidative stress improves disease outcomes in a rat model of acquired epilepsy. Brain. 2017;140:1885-1899 pubmed publisher..This intervention may be considered for patients exposed to potential epileptogenic insults. ..
- Zhang M, Qu C, Sun J, Wang C, Li H, Zhang Y, et al. [Different subtypes of estrogen receptor ? and related signal molecules in the hippocampus are associated with spatial cognitive impairment of diabetic mice]. Sheng Li Xue Bao. 2017;69:252-260 pubmed..05) compared with those of the control mice. The results suggest that abnormal expression of ER-?36 and related signal molecules may be important factors for diabetes-induced spatial cognitive impairment. ..
- Wagner L, Gilling K, Schormann E, Kloetzel P, Heppner F, KrÃ¼ger E, et al. Immunoproteasome deficiency alters microglial cytokine response and improves cognitive deficits in Alzheimer's disease-like APPPS1 mice. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2017;5:52 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a role for iP in the regulation of the innate immune response towards extracellular AÎ²-pathology and indicate that inhibition of iP function can modulate the cognitive phenotype upon overexpression of AÎ². ..
- Veenstra M, Williams D, Calderon T, Anastos K, Morgello S, Berman J. Frontline Science: CXCR7 mediates CD14+CD16+ monocyte transmigration across the blood brain barrier: a potential therapeutic target for NeuroAIDS. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:1173-1185 pubmed publisher..Our data also suggest that CCX771 may reduce CD14+CD16+ monocyte-mediated inflammation in other disorders. ..
- Wu K, Hsiao I, Chen C, Chen C, Hsieh C, Wai Y, et al. Increased brain amyloid deposition in patients with a lifetime history of major depression: evidenced on 18F-florbetapir (AV-45/Amyvid) positron emission tomography. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2014;41:714-22 pubmed..The aim of this study was to examine brain amyloid accumulation in patients with lifetime major depression using (18)F-florbetapir (AV-45/Amyvid) PET imaging in comparison with that in nondepressed subjects...
- GOMPERTS S, Marquié M, Locascio J, Bayer S, Johnson K, Growdon J. PET Radioligands Reveal the Basis of Dementia in Parkinson's Disease and Dementia with Lewy Bodies. Neurodegener Dis. 2016;16:118-24 pubmed publisher..Multimodal PET imaging has the potential to increase the diagnostic accuracy of DLB and PD in the clinic, improve cohort uniformity for clinical trials, and serve as biomarkers for targeted molecular therapies. ..
- Denfeld Q, Winters Stone K, Mudd J, Hiatt S, Chien C, Lee C. Frequency of and Significance of Physical Frailty in Patients With Heart Failure. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1243-1249 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, physical frailty is highly prevalent in patients with HF and is associated with low-output HF. ..
- Manchanda S, Kaur G. Withania somnifera leaf alleviates cognitive dysfunction by enhancing hippocampal plasticity in high fat diet induced obesity model. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:136 pubmed publisher..High caloric diet is associated with the high prevalence of cognitive dysfunction and neuropsychiatric disorders in addition to cardiovascular and metabolic abnormalities...
- Charidimou A, Boulouis G, Gurol M, Ayata C, Bacskai B, Frosch M, et al. Emerging concepts in sporadic cerebral amyloid angiopathy. Brain. 2017;140:1829-1850 pubmed publisher..This review provides an interdisciplinary critical outlook on various emerging and changing concepts in the field, illustrating mechanisms associated with amyloid cerebrovascular pathology and neurological dysfunction. ..
- Beratis I, Pavlou D, Papadimitriou E, Andronas N, Kontaxopoulou D, Fragkiadaki S, et al. Mild Cognitive Impairment and driving: Does in-vehicle distraction affect driving performance?. Accid Anal Prev. 2017;103:148-155 pubmed publisher..Overall, the current findings indicate, for the first time, that a common driving practice, such as the use of mobile phone, may have a detrimental impact on the driving performance of individuals with MCI. ..
- Espeland M, Luchsinger J, Baker L, Neiberg R, Kahn S, Arnold S, et al. Effect of a long-term intensive lifestyle intervention on prevalence of cognitive impairment. Neurology. 2017;88:2026-2035 pubmed publisher..This study provides Class II evidence that for overweight adults with type 2 diabetes, a lifestyle intervention designed to reduce weight and increase physical activity does not lower the risk of cognitive impairment. ..
- Kirkhus L, Saltyte Benth J, Rostoft S, Grønberg B, Hjermstad M, Selbæk G, et al. Geriatric assessment is superior to oncologists' clinical judgement in identifying frailty. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:470-477 pubmed publisher..Systematic assessments to identify frailty are seldom applied, and oncologists' ability to identify frailty is scarcely investigated...
- Yates J, Clare L, Woods R. Subjective memory complaints, mood and MCI: a follow-up study. Aging Ment Health. 2017;21:313-321 pubmed publisher..SMC may be a function of anxiety and depression rather than being related to objective cognitive function. This questions whether SMC should be included in definitions of MCI. ..