Genomes and Genes
Summary: Any mixture of secondary, tertiary, or quaternary protein molecules which appear as clumps in or outside the cell.
- Chandra B, Bhowmik D, Maity B, Mote K, Dhara D, Venkatramani R, et al. Major Reaction Coordinates Linking Transient Amyloid-? Oligomers to Fibrils Measured at Atomic Level. Biophys J. 2017;113:805-816 pubmed publisher..Overall, we propose interstrand separation and salt-bridge formation as key reaction coordinates describing the structural transition of the small A?40 oligomers to fibrils. ..
- Srinivasan E, Rajasekaran R. Exploring the cause of aggregation and reduced Zn binding affinity by G85R mutation in SOD1 rendering amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Proteins. 2017;85:1276-1286 pubmed publisher..Hence, this work revealed the theoretical mechanism to unravel the mutational effects of cofactor dependent protein. Proteins 2017; 85:1276-1286. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Ottolini D, Cali T, Szabo I, Brini M. Alpha-synuclein at the intracellular and the extracellular side: functional and dysfunctional implications. Biol Chem. 2017;398:77-100 pubmed publisher..In this review we discuss the multi-faced aspect of ?-syn biology and address the main hypothesis at the basis of its involvement in neuronal degeneration...
- Cockburn I, Boshoff A, Pesce E, Blatch G. Selective modulation of plasmodial Hsp70s by small molecules with antimalarial activity. Biol Chem. 2014;395:1353-62 pubmed publisher..This is the first report to show that PfHsp70-x has chaperone activity, is stimulated by Hsp40 and can be specifically modulated by small molecule compounds. ..
- Kaimal J, Kandasamy G, Gasser F, Andréasson C. Coordinated Hsp110 and Hsp104 Activities Power Protein Disaggregation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Following heat shock, complexes of Hsp110 and Hsp70 are recruited to protein aggregates and function together with Hsp104 in the disaggregation process...
- Islam M, Moore D. Mechanisms of LRRK2-dependent neurodegeneration: role of enzymatic activity and protein aggregation. Biochem Soc Trans. 2017;45:163-172 pubmed publisher..We aim to provide a clear and unbiased review of some of the key mechanisms that are important for LRRK2-dependent neurodegeneration in PD. ..
- Saad S, Cereghetti G, Feng Y, Picotti P, Peter M, Dechant R. Reversible protein aggregation is a protective mechanism to ensure cell cycle restart after stress. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:1202-1213 pubmed publisher..Several other enzymes necessary for G1 progression also contain LCRs and aggregate reversibly during stress, implying that reversible aggregation represents a conserved mechanism regulating cell growth and survival. ..
- Batlle C, FernÃ¡ndez M, Iglesias V, Ventura S. Perfecting prediction of mutational impact on the aggregation propensity of the ALS-associated hnRNPA2 prion-like protein. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:1966-1971 pubmed publisher..This opens an avenue for the prediction of disease causing mutations in other human prion-like proteins. ..
- Meric G, Robinson A, Roberts C. Driving Forces for Nonnative Protein Aggregation and Approaches to Predict Aggregation-Prone Regions. Annu Rev Chem Biomol Eng. 2017;8:139-159 pubmed publisher..thought to be important for determining which amino acid sequences most greatly stabilize nonnative protein aggregates, as well as a survey of many of the existing algorithms that are publicly available to attempt to predict ..
- Grasso G, Bellia F, Arena G, Satriano C, Vecchio G, Rizzarelli E. Multitarget trehalose-carnosine conjugates inhibit A? aggregation, tune copper(II) activity and decrease acrolein toxicity. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;135:447-457 pubmed publisher..The copper(II) coordination properties of a new trehalose-carnosine conjugate and the relative antioxidant effects have also been investigated. ..
- Lan J, Zhang T, Liu Y, Yang J, Xie S, Liu J, et al. Design, synthesis and biological activity of novel donepezil derivatives bearing N-benzyl pyridinium moiety as potent and dual binding site acetylcholinesterase inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;133:184-196 pubmed publisher..Moreover, in vivo experiments showed that compound 5b was nontoxic and tolerated at doses up to 2000 mg/kg. These results suggested that compound 5b might be an excellent multifunctional agent for AD treatment. ..
- Matoba Y, Kihara S, Muraki Y, Bando N, Yoshitsu H, Kuroda T, et al. Activation Mechanism of the Streptomyces Tyrosinase Assisted by the Caddie Protein. Biochemistry. 2017;56:5593-5603 pubmed publisher..Aggregation of the caddie protein, which is triggered by the conversion of the Tyr98 residue to dopaquinone, may ensure the generation of fully activated tyrosinase...
- Fujita I, Nobunaga M, Seki T, Kurauchi Y, Hisatsune A, Katsuki H. Cystamine-mediated inhibition of protein disulfide isomerase triggers aggregation of misfolded orexin-A in the Golgi apparatus and prevents extracellular secretion of orexin-A. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;489:164-170 pubmed publisher..These effects may represent an initial step in the pathogenesis of narcolepsy. ..
- Taguchi R, Hatayama K, Takahashi T, Hayashi T, Sato Y, Sato D, et al. Structure-activity relations of rosmarinic acid derivatives for the amyloid ? aggregation inhibition and antioxidant properties. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;138:1066-1075 pubmed publisher..The importance of these structural properties was also supported by docking simulations. ..
- Young L, Ashcroft A, Radford S. Small molecule probes of protein aggregation. Curr Opin Chem Biol. 2017;39:90-99 pubmed publisher..Such probes form a powerful platform with which to better define the mechanisms of structural conversion into amyloid fibrils and may provide the much-needed stepping stone for future development of successful therapeutic agents. ..
- Simoni E, Bartolini M, Abu I, Blockley A, Gotti C, Bottegoni G, et al. Multitarget drug design strategy in Alzheimer's disease: focus on cholinergic transmission and amyloid-? aggregation. Future Med Chem. 2017;9:953-963 pubmed publisher..The compounds emerged as a suitable starting point for a further optimization process. ..
- Sakamaki J, Wilkinson S, Hahn M, Tasdemir N, O Prey J, Clark W, et al. Bromodomain Protein BRD4 Is a Transcriptional Repressor of Autophagy and Lysosomal Function. Mol Cell. 2017;66:517-532.e9 pubmed publisher..These findings therefore identify a distinct and selective mechanism of autophagy regulation. ..
- Wang H, Shu Q, Frieden C, Gross M. Deamidation Slows Curli Amyloid-Protein Aggregation. Biochemistry. 2017;56:2865-2872 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results show that deamidation of CsgA slows its fibrillization and disrupts its function, suggesting an opportunity to modulate CsgA fibrillization and affect curli and biofilm formation...
- Roldán Peña J, Alejandre Ramos D, Lopez O, Maya I, Lagunes I, Padron J, et al. New tacrine dimers with antioxidant linkers as dual drugs: Anti-Alzheimer's and antiproliferative agents. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;138:761-773 pubmed publisher..The breast cancer cell lines turned out to be the most sensitive one of the panel tested. ..
- Yamashita A, Hiraki Y, Yamazaki T. Identification of CLN6 as a molecular entity of endoplasmic reticulum-driven anti-aggregate activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:917-922 pubmed publisher..to ?-crystallinopathy, a hereditary myopathy histologically characterized by intracellular accumulation of protein aggregates. The disease-causing R120G ?BC mutant, harboring an arginine-to-glycine replacement at position 120, is an ..
- Sengupta I, Udgaonkar J. Expression and purification of single cysteine-containing mutant variants of the mouse prion protein by oxidative refolding. Protein Expr Purif. 2017;140:1-7 pubmed publisher..The current strategy facilitates sample preparation for a number of high resolution spectroscopic measurements for the prion protein, which specifically require thiol labelling. ..
- De Conti L, Borroni B, Baralle M. New routes in frontotemporal dementia drug discovery. Expert Opin Drug Discov. 2017;12:659-671 pubmed publisher..pathways uncovered by mutations as well as targets involving the modulation, formation and degradation of protein aggregates. Areas covered: Herein, the authors outline the principal molecular causes underlying FTD to date and the ..
- Ruan L, Zhou C, Jin E, Kucharavy A, Zhang Y, Wen Z, et al. Cytosolic proteostasis through importing of misfolded proteins into mitochondria. Nature. 2017;543:443-446 pubmed publisherLoss of proteostasis underlies ageing and neurodegeneration characterized by the accumulation of protein aggregates and mitochondrial dysfunction...
- Kamgar Parsi K, Hong L, Naito A, Brooks C, Ramamoorthy A. Growth-incompetent monomers of human calcitonin lead to a noncanonical direct relationship between peptide concentration and aggregation lag time. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:14963-14976 pubmed publisher..Our finding that initial monomer concentration is positively correlated with lag time in hCT aggregation could help inform future efforts for improving therapeutic applications of CT. ..
- Aleksis R, Oleskovs F, Jaudzems K, Pahnke J, Biverstål H. Structural studies of amyloid-? peptides: Unlocking the mechanism of aggregation and the associated toxicity. Biochimie. 2017;140:176-192 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we discuss implications from these structural studies on the mechanisms of aggregation and neurotoxicity. ..
- Shi J, Pei J, Liu E, Zhang L. Bis(sulfosuccinimidyl) suberate (BS3) crosslinking analysis of the behavior of amyloid-? peptide in solution and in phospholipid membranes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0173871 pubmed publisher..As such, our findings provide an efficient method for analyzing A? proteins or other proteins that are easily aggregated in solution and in phospholipid membranes. ..
- Brahmachari S, Paul A, Segal D, Gazit E. Inhibition of amyloid oligomerization into different supramolecular architectures by small molecules: mechanistic insights and design rules. Future Med Chem. 2017;9:797-810 pubmed publisher..The establishment of structure-function relationship for amyloid-modifying therapies by the various functional entities should serve as an important step toward the development of efficient therapeutics. ..
- Sakono M, Kidani T. ATP-independent inhibition of amyloid beta fibrillation by the endoplasmic reticulum resident molecular chaperone GRP78. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:500-503 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, the fibrillation inhibition by GRP78 was confirmed in the absence of ATP, suggesting GRP78 exhibited ATP-independent interaction with A? fragments. ..
- BÃ¶ckler S, Chelius X, Hock N, Klecker T, Wolter M, Weiss M, et al. Fusion, fission, and transport control asymmetric inheritance of mitochondria and protein aggregates. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2481-2498 pubmed publisher..Myo2-dependent mitochondrial distribution also is critical for the capture of heat stress-induced cytosolic protein aggregates and their retention in the mother cell...
- Lu K, den Brave F, Jentsch S. Receptor oligomerization guides pathway choice between proteasomal and autophagic degradation. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:732-739 pubmed publisher..Our work thus suggests that proteasomal degradation and selective autophagy are two branches of an adaptive protein quality control pathway, which uses substrate ubiquitylation as a shared degradation signal. ..
- Jacobson T, Priya S, Sharma S, Andersson S, Jakobsson S, Tanghe R, et al. Cadmium Causes Misfolding and Aggregation of Cytosolic Proteins in Yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Cells that cannot efficiently protect the proteome from cadmium-induced aggregation or clear the cytosol of protein aggregates are sensitized to cadmium. Thus, protein aggregation may contribute to cadmium toxicity...
- Fujihara K, Koike S, Ogasawara Y, Takahashi K, Koyama K, Kinoshita K. Inhibition of amyloid ? aggregation and protective effect on SH-SY5Y cells by triterpenoid saponins from the cactus Polaskia chichipe. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:3377-3383 pubmed publisher..As the results, compounds 3 and 4 showed inhibitory effect of A? aggregation and compounds 5-8 exerted the protective effects on SH-SY5Y cells against A?-associated toxicity. ..
- Jain G, Pendola M, Huang Y, Juan Colas J, Gebauer D, Johnson S, et al. Functional Prioritization and Hydrogel Regulation Phenomena Created by a Combinatorial Pearl-Associated Two-Protein Biomineralization Model System. Biochemistry. 2017;56:3607-3618 pubmed publisher..Thus, the pearl-associated PFMG1 and PFMG2 proteins interact and exhibit mineralization functionalities in specific ways, which may be relevant for pearl formation. ..
- Isas J, Langen A, Isas M, Pandey N, Siemer A. Formation and Structure of Wild Type Huntingtin Exon-1 Fibrils. Biochemistry. 2017;56:3579-3586 pubmed publisher..However, wild type HTTex1 monomers have a much higher equilibrium solubility compared to mutant HTTex1, and only a small fraction incorporates into fibrils. ..
- Groveman B, Raymond G, Campbell K, Race B, Raymond L, Hughson A, et al. Role of the central lysine cluster and scrapie templating in the transmissibility of synthetic prion protein aggregates. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006623 pubmed publisher..We confirm that some rPrP aggregates can initiate further aggregation without typical pathogenesis in vivo. We also provide evidence that there is little, if any, biohazard associated with routine RT-QuIC assays. ..
- Korshavn K, Satriano C, Lin Y, Zhang R, Dulchavsky M, Bhunia A, et al. Reduced Lipid Bilayer Thickness Regulates the Aggregation and Cytotoxicity of Amyloid-Î². J Biol Chem. 2017;292:4638-4650 pubmed publisher..These results provide mechanistic insights into the roles that pathologically thin bilayers may play in AÎ² aggregation on neuronal bilayers, and pathological lipid oxidation may contribute to AÎ² misfolding. ..
- Nakaoka H, Wakamoto Y. Aging, mortality, and the fast growth trade-off of Schizosaccharomyces pombe. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2001109 pubmed publisher..We also observed the formation and inheritance of Hsp104-associated protein aggregates, which are a potential aging factor in old-pole cell lineages, and found that these aggregates exhibited a ..
- Jouanne M, Rault S, Voisin Chiret A. Tau protein aggregation in Alzheimer's disease: An attractive target for the development of novel therapeutic agents. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;139:153-167 pubmed publisher..After a brief description of the aggregation mechanisms, we will provide an overview of new therapeutic agents targeting the different dysfunctions and toxic species found during aggregation. ..
- Prusty A, Meduri R, Prusty B, Vanselow J, Schlosser A, Fischer U. Impaired spliceosomal UsnRNP assembly leads to Sm mRNA down-regulation and Sm protein degradation. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2391-2407 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify an elaborate safeguarding system that prevents individual Sm proteins from aggregating, contributing to cellular UsnRNP homeostasis. ..
- Smith T, Windsor I, Forest K, Raines R. Stilbene Boronic Acids Form a Covalent Bond with Human Transthyretin and Inhibit Its Aggregation. J Med Chem. 2017;60:7820-7834 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a new modality for covalent inhibition of fibril formation and illuminate a path for future optimization. ..
- Fu G, Zhang W, Du D, Ng Y, Ip F, Tong R, et al. Diarylheptanoids from Rhizomes of Alpinia officinarum Inhibit Aggregation of ?-Synuclein. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:6608-6614 pubmed publisher..We evaluated the inhibitory activity of all isolated diarylheptanoids against ?-synuclein aggregation at 10 ?M. Alpinins A and B significantly inhibited ?-synuclein aggregation by 66 and 67%, respectively. ..
- Kaminskaya A, Nikitina E, Medvedeva A, Gerasimenko M, Chernikova D, Savateeva Popova E. [Influence of limk1 Gene Polymorphism on Learning Acquisition and Memory Formation with pCREB Distribution and Aggregate Formation in Neuromuscular Junctions in Drosophila melanogaster]. Genetika. 2015;51:685-93 pubmed..Moreover, only agn(ts3) demonstrates amyloid-like aggregate formation in NMJ. This suggests that this impedes pCREb transport and thereby impairs the formation of short- and long-term memory. ..
- Sun L, Xu C, Zhang S, Lin P, Schwehr K, Quigg A, et al. Light-induced aggregation of microbial exopolymeric substances. Chemosphere. 2017;181:675-681 pubmed publisher..Light-induced aggregation provides new insights into polymer assembly, marine snow formation, and the fate/transport of organic carbon and nitrogen in the ocean. ..
- Mukherjee A, Morales Scheihing D, Salvadores N, Moreno Gonzalez I, Gonzalez C, Taylor Presse K, et al. Induction of IAPP amyloid deposition and associated diabetic abnormalities by a prion-like mechanism. J Exp Med. 2017;214:2591-2610 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that some of the pathologic and clinical alterations of T2D might be transmissible through a similar mechanism by which prions propagate in prion diseases. ..
- Ma F, Du H. Novel deoxyvasicinone derivatives as potent multitarget-directed ligands for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease: Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;140:118-127 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, compound 12q also demonstrated the highest potential inhibitory activity for A?1-42 self-aggregation (63.9 ± 4.9%, 10 ?M), and it was also an excellent metal chelator. ..
- Sivanesam K, Andersen N. Inhibition of Human Amylin Amyloidogenesis by Human Amylin-Fragment Peptides: Exploring the Effects of Serine Residues and Oligomerization upon Inhibitory Potency. Biochemistry. 2017;56:5373-5379 pubmed publisher..The partially aggregated sample and the fragments studied display spectroscopic diagnostics, suggesting that they slow down the conversion of full-length hAM monomers to cytotoxic oligomers...
- Mbeh D, Javanbakht T, Tabet L, Merhi Y, Maghni K, Sacher E, et al. Protein Corona Formation on Magnetite Nanoparticles: Effects of Culture Medium Composition, and Its Consequences on Superparamagnetic Nanoparticle Cytotoxicity. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2015;11:828-40 pubmed..We have shown that the application of complementary methods has provided novel insights into SPION/protein interactions. ..
- Baker J, Shelton L, Zheng D, Favretto F, Nordhues B, Darling A, et al. Human cyclophilin 40 unravels neurotoxic amyloids. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2001336 pubmed publisher..This study identifies a novel human protein disaggregase and, for the first time, demonstrates its capacity to dissolve intracellular amyloids. ..
- Singh S, DUTTA A, Modi G. ?-Synuclein aggregation modulation: an emerging approach for the treatment of Parkinson's disease. Future Med Chem. 2017;9:1039-1053 pubmed publisher..Second, there are number of molecular events that may be targeted to combat the disease. ..
- Yan J, Hu J, Liu A, He L, Li X, Wei H. Design, synthesis, and evaluation of multitarget-directed ligands against Alzheimer's disease based on the fusion of donepezil and curcumin. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:2946-2955 pubmed publisher..The excellent blood-brain barrier permeability of 11b also indicated the potential for the compound to penetrate the central nervous system. ..
- Wiechmann K, Müller H, König S, Wielsch N, Svatos A, Jauch J, et al. Mitochondrial Chaperonin HSP60 Is the Apoptosis-Related Target for Myrtucommulone. Cell Chem Biol. 2017;24:614-623.e6 pubmed publisher..Together, our results reveal HSP60 as a direct target of MC, proposing MC as a valuable tool for studying HSP60 biology and for evaluating its value as a target in related diseases, such as cancer. ..
- Malabirade A, Jiang K, Kubiak K, Diaz Mendoza A, Liu F, van Kan J, et al. Compaction and condensation of DNA mediated by the C-terminal domain of Hfq. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:7299-7308 pubmed publisher..The propensity for bridging and compaction of DNA by the C-terminal domain might be related to aggregation of bound protein and may have implications for protein binding related gene regulation. ..
- Chen Z, Chen J, Keshamouni V, Kanapathipillai M. Polyarginine and its analogues inhibit p53 mutant aggregation and cancer cell proliferation in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;489:130-134 pubmed publisher..When mutated, p53 protein aggregates, loses its function leading to unwanted cell growth and ultimately results in tumor...
- Torres I, Nieto G, Nylander T, Simonsen A, Tolkach A, Ipsen R. Effect of homogenisation in formation of thermally induced aggregates in a non- and low- fat milk model system with microparticulated whey proteins. J Dairy Res. 2017;84:229-238 pubmed publisher..Surface characteristics of the protein aggregates were expressed as the number of available thiol groups and the surface net charge...
- Dasmeh P, Kepp K. Superoxide dismutase 1 is positively selected to minimize protein aggregation in great apes. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2017;74:3023-3037 pubmed publisher..Our study thus marks an example of direct selection for a particular chemical phenotype (high net charge and stability) in a single human protein with possible implications for the evolution of aging. ..
- Burman J, Pickles S, Wang C, Sekine S, Vargas J, Zhang Z, et al. Mitochondrial fission facilitates the selective mitophagy of protein aggregates. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:3231-3247 pubmed publisher..We explore how autophagy eliminates protein aggregates from within mitochondria and the role of mitochondrial fission in mitophagy...
- Yang H, Cai P, Liu Q, Yang X, Li F, Wang J, et al. Design, synthesis and evaluation of coumarin-pargyline hybrids as novel dual inhibitors of monoamine oxidases and amyloid-? aggregation for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;138:715-728 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings demonstrate that compound 4x was an effective and promising candidate for AD therapy. ..
- Vanle B, Florang V, Murry D, Aguirre A, Doorn J. Inactivation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase by the dopamine metabolite, 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetaldehyde. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;492:275-281 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that Cys are modified and oxidized by DOPAL. The mechanism by which DOPAL modifies GAPDH can serve as a mechanistic explanation to the pathological events in Parkinson's Disease. ..
- Al Ghobashy M, Mostafa M, Abed H, Fathalla F, Salem M. Correlation between Dynamic Light Scattering and Size Exclusion High Performance Liquid Chromatography for Monitoring the Effect of pH on Stability of Biopharmaceuticals. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1060:1-9 pubmed publisher..chromatography (SE-HPLC) has always been the gold standard technique for detection and determination of protein aggregates. However, large protein aggregates may be filtered off and build up on top of the column leading to ..
- Ishii T, Kawakami E, Endo K, Misawa H, Watabe K. Formation and spreading of TDP-43 aggregates in cultured neuronal and glial cells demonstrated by time-lapse imaging. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179375 pubmed publisher..The present study provides a novel tool for analyzing the detailed molecular mechanisms of TDP-43 proteinopathy in vitro. ..
- Ban J, Chung J, Lee M, Im W, Kim M. MicroRNA-27a reduces mutant hutingtin aggregation in an in vitro model of Huntington's disease. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;488:316-321 pubmed publisher..Conversely, knock-down of MDR-1 through MDR-1 siRNA increased mHtt aggregation in vitro. Our results indicate that miR-27a could reduce mHtt level of the HD cell by augmenting MDR-1 function. ..
- Madadkar P, Sadavarte R, Butler M, Durocher Y, Ghosh R. Preparative separation of monoclonal antibody aggregates by cation-exchange laterally-fed membrane chromatography. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1055-1056:158-164 pubmed publisher..Also, the LFMC based separation processes reported in this study were more than an order of magnitude faster than equivalent resin-based, cation exchange chromatography. ..
- Lan J, Ding Y, Liu Y, Kang P, Hou J, Zhang X, et al. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of novel coumarin-N-benzyl pyridinium hybrids as multi-target agents for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;139:48-59 pubmed publisher..Collectively, all these results suggested that compound 7f might be a promising multi-target lead candidate worthy of further pursuit. ..
- Marcinko T, Dong J, LeBlanc R, Daborowski K, Vachet R. Small molecule-mediated inhibition of ?-2-microglobulin-based amyloid fibril formation. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10630-10638 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the putative mechanism of their activity is different depending on how amyloid formation is initiated with ?2m, which underscores the complexity of how these structures assemble in vitro. ..
- Even C, Abramovici G, Delort F, Rigato A, Bailleux V, de Sousa Moreira A, et al. Mutation in the Core Structure of Desmin Intermediate Filaments Affects Myoblast Elasticity. Biophys J. 2017;113:627-636 pubmed publisher..D399Y stiffens mouse myoblasts. Based on these results, we suggest that p.D399Y-related myofibrillar myopathy is at least partly due to altered mechanical properties at the single-cell scale, which are propagated to the tissue scale. ..
- Zhang L, Wang L, Li S, Xue J, Luo D. Calsequestrin-1 Regulates Store-Operated Ca2+ Entry by Inhibiting STIM1 Aggregation. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:2183-93 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that CSQ1 monomers suppress SOCE by interacting with STIM1 and attenuating STIM1 aggregation via its C-terminal amino acid 362-396. ..
- Dalvit C, Santi S, Neier R. A Ligand-Based NMR Screening Approach for the Identification and Characterization of Inhibitors and Promoters of Amyloid Peptide Aggregation. ChemMedChem. 2017;12:1458-1463 pubmed publisher..Although the proposed method is not a high-throughput assay, it avoids problems associated with interference events that are sometimes observed in fluorescence-based assays. ..
- Victoria G, Zurzolo C. The spread of prion-like proteins by lysosomes and tunneling nanotubes: Implications for neurodegenerative diseases. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2633-2644 pubmed publisher..to be a non-cell-autonomous process that may be mediated by the productive spreading of prion-like protein aggregates from a "donor cell" that is the source of misfolded aggregates to an "acceptor cell" in which misfolding is ..