Genomes and Genes
Summary: A subtype of dynamin found ubiquitously expressed in a variety of tissues.
- Schafer D, Weed S, Binns D, Karginov A, Parsons J, Cooper J. Dynamin2 and cortactin regulate actin assembly and filament organization. Curr Biol. 2002;12:1852-7 pubmed..GTP hydrolysis altered the organization of the filaments and the lipid vesicles. We conclude that dynamin2, through an interaction with cortactin, regulates actin assembly and actin filament organization at membranes. ..
- Pizzato M, Helander A, Popova E, Calistri A, Zamborlini A, Palu G, et al. Dynamin 2 is required for the enhancement of HIV-1 infectivity by Nef. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:6812-7 pubmed..Together, these findings imply that the infectivity enhancement activity of Nef depends on Dyn2- and clathrin-mediated membrane invagination events. ..
- Kang Decker N, Cao S, Chatterjee S, Yao J, Egan L, Semela D, et al. Nitric oxide promotes endothelial cell survival signaling through S-nitrosylation and activation of dynamin-2. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:492-501 pubmed
- Park R, Shen H, Liu L, Liu X, Ferguson S, De Camilli P. Dynamin triple knockout cells reveal off target effects of commonly used dynamin inhibitors. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:5305-12 pubmed publisher..Dynamin TKO cells will be useful tools for the further exploration of dynamin-dependent processes and the development of more specific dynamin inhibitors. ..
- Perry J, Wobus C. Endocytosis of murine norovirus 1 into murine macrophages is dependent on dynamin II and cholesterol. J Virol. 2010;84:6163-76 pubmed publisher..drugs nystatin and methyl-beta-cyclodextrin, the dynamin-specific inhibitor dynasore, and the dominant-negative dynamin II mutant K44A...
- Zuchner S, Noureddine M, Kennerson M, Verhoeven K, Claeys K, De Jonghe P, et al. Mutations in the pleckstrin homology domain of dynamin 2 cause dominant intermediate Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease. Nat Genet. 2005;37:289-94 pubmed..Additionally, in the Australian and Belgian pedigrees, which carry two different mutations affecting the same amino acid, Lys558, CMT cosegregated with neutropenia, which has not previously been associated with CMT neuropathies...
- Cao H, Weller S, Orth J, Chen J, Huang B, Chen J, et al. Actin and Arf1-dependent recruitment of a cortactin-dynamin complex to the Golgi regulates post-Golgi transport. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:483-92 pubmed..These findings support the idea of an Arf1-activated recruitment of an actin, cortactin and Dyn2 complex that is essential for Golgi function. ..
- Liewluck T, Lovell T, Bite A, Engel A. Sporadic centronuclear myopathy with muscle pseudohypertrophy, neutropenia, and necklace fibers due to a DNM2 mutation. Neuromuscul Disord. 2010;20:801-4 pubmed publisher..1269C>T (p.Arg369Trp) mutation. Necklace fibers were considered as a pathological hallmark of late onset X-linked CNM due to mutations in MTM1 but have not been observed in DNM2-CNM. The findings broaden the features of DNM2-myopathy. ..
- Ahn H, Park Y, Kim S, Park H, Seo S, Yeo S, et al. The expression profile and function of Satb2 in zebrafish embryonic development. Mol Cells. 2010;30:377-82 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, satb2 knockdown cells also exhibited down-regulation of dynamin II and VAMP4, which are involved in exocytosis and endocytosis, respectively...
- Ferguson S, Ferguson S, Raimondi A, Paradise S, Shen H, Mesaki K, et al. Coordinated actions of actin and BAR proteins upstream of dynamin at endocytic clathrin-coated pits. Dev Cell. 2009;17:811-22 pubmed publisher..Our data also demonstrate that the relationship between dynamin and actin is intimately connected to dynamin's endocytic role and that dynamin terminates a powerful actin- and BAR protein-dependent tubulating activity...
- Terada N, Ohno N, Saitoh S, Saitoh Y, Fujii Y, Kondo T, et al. Involvement of dynamin-2 in formation of discoid vesicles in urinary bladder umbrella cells. Cell Tissue Res. 2009;337:91-102 pubmed publisher..Pretreatment of bladders with dynasore inhibits E. coli invasion of UCs. Dyn2 thus contributes to the structural integrity of DVs and to the endocytic activity of UCs. ..
- Gauthier N, Monzo P, Kaddai V, Doye A, Ricci V, Boquet P. Helicobacter pylori VacA cytotoxin: a probe for a clathrin-independent and Cdc42-dependent pinocytic pathway routed to late endosomes. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4852-66 pubmed..From these results we propose that VacA might be a valuable probe to study raft-associated molecules, pinocytosed by a clathrin-independent mechanism, and routed to the degradative compartment. ..
- Chappie J, Acharya S, Liu Y, Leonard M, Pucadyil T, Schmid S. An intramolecular signaling element that modulates dynamin function in vitro and in vivo. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:3561-71 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the components of the GTPase-GED interface act as an intramolecular signaling module, which we term the bundle signaling element, that can modulate dynamin function in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Cao H, Chen J, Awoniyi M, Henley J, McNiven M. Dynamin 2 mediates fluid-phase micropinocytosis in epithelial cells. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:4167-77 pubmed
- Otsuka A, Abe T, Watanabe M, Yagisawa H, Takei K, Yamada H. Dynamin 2 is required for actin assembly in phagocytosis in Sertoli cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;378:478-82 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that dynamin 2 is involved in actin dynamics and the formation of dynamin 2-positive ruffles during phagocytosis. ..
- Nichols B. Caveosomes and endocytosis of lipid rafts. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:4707-14 pubmed..It is likely that there are mechanisms that allow recruitment and targeting of specific molecules to caveosomes...
- Lie P, Xia W, Wang C, Mruk D, Yan H, Wong C, et al. Dynamin II interacts with the cadherin- and occludin-based protein complexes at the blood-testis barrier in adult rat testes. J Endocrinol. 2006;191:571-86 pubmed..g. endocytosis) to facilitate its transient 'opening'. Dynamin II, a large GTPase known to be involved in endocytosis, was shown to be a product of Sertoli and germ cells in the ..
- Shajahan A, Timblin B, Sandoval R, Tiruppathi C, Malik A, Minshall R. Role of Src-induced dynamin-2 phosphorylation in caveolae-mediated endocytosis in endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20392-400 pubmed..Thus, Src-mediated phosphorylation of dynamin-2 is an essential requirement for scission of caveolae and the resultant transendothelial transport of albumin. ..
- Solomaha E, Palfrey H. Conformational changes in dynamin on GTP binding and oligomerization reported by intrinsic and extrinsic fluorescence. Biochem J. 2005;391:601-11 pubmed..In addition, energy transfer was observed when oligomerization was promoted in mixtures of IAEDANS.dynamin-2 and 4-(4-dimethylaminophenylazo)benzoic acid-coupled dynamin-2, an effect that was counteracted by GTP but not GDP. ..
- Calabia Linares C, Robles Valero J, de la Fuente H, Perez Martinez M, Martín Cofreces N, Alfonso Pérez M, et al. Endosomal clathrin drives actin accumulation at the immunological synapse. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:820-30 pubmed publisher..These data underscore the role of clathrin as a platform for the recruitment of proteins that promote actin polymerization at the interface of T cells and APCs. ..
- Kirchhausen T, Macia E, Pelish H. Use of dynasore, the small molecule inhibitor of dynamin, in the regulation of endocytosis. Methods Enzymol. 2008;438:77-93 pubmed publisher..Here we present a detailed synthesis protocol for dynasore, and describe a series of experiments used to analyze the inhibitory effects of dynasore on dynamin in vitro and to study the effects of dynasore on endocytosis in cells. ..
- Kessels M, Dong J, Leibig W, Westermann P, Qualmann B. Complexes of syndapin II with dynamin II promote vesicle formation at the trans-Golgi network. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:1504-16 pubmed..However, molecular details of the function(s) of dynamin II at the Golgi are largely unclear...
- Damm E, Pelkmans L, Kartenbeck J, Mezzacasa A, Kurzchalia T, Helenius A. Clathrin- and caveolin-1-independent endocytosis: entry of simian virus 40 into cells devoid of caveolae. J Cell Biol. 2005;168:477-88 pubmed..was rapid (t1/2 = 20 min) and cholesterol and tyrosine kinase dependent but independent of clathrin, dynamin II, and ARF6...
- Faelber K, Posor Y, Gao S, Held M, Roske Y, Schulze D, et al. Crystal structure of nucleotide-free dynamin. Nature. 2011;477:556-60 pubmed publisher..This intricate domain interaction rationalizes a number of disease-related mutations in dynamin 2 and suggests a structural model for the mechanochemical coupling that reconciles previous models of dynamin function. ..
- Fischer D, Herasse M, Bitoun M, Barragan Campos H, Chiras J, Laforet P, et al. Characterization of the muscle involvement in dynamin 2-related centronuclear myopathy. Brain. 2006;129:1463-9 pubmed..The recognition of this specific imaging pattern of muscle involvement--distinct to the reported patterns in other congenital myopathies--may enable a better selection for direct genetic testing. ..
- Reid A, Lord T, Stanger S, Roman S, McCluskey A, Robinson P, et al. Dynamin regulates specific membrane fusion events necessary for acrosomal exocytosis in mouse spermatozoa. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:37659-72 pubmed publisher..On the basis of our collective data, we propose that dynamin could regulate specific membrane fusion events necessary for acrosomal exocytosis in mouse spermatozoa. ..
- Schlunck G, Damke H, Kiosses W, Rusk N, Symons M, Waterman Storer C, et al. Modulation of Rac localization and function by dynamin. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:256-67 pubmed..These data suggest an indispensable role of dynamin in Rac trafficking to allow for lamellipodia formation and cell spreading. ..
- Quan A, McGeachie A, Keating D, van Dam E, Rusak J, Chau N, et al. Myristyl trimethyl ammonium bromide and octadecyl trimethyl ammonium bromide are surface-active small molecule dynamin inhibitors that block endocytosis mediated by dynamin I or dynamin II. Mol Pharmacol. 2007;72:1425-39 pubmed..The unique mechanism of action of MiTMAB provides an important tool to better understand dynamin-mediated membrane trafficking events in a variety of cells. ..
- Yamada H, Abe T, Li S, Masuoka Y, Isoda M, Watanabe M, et al. Dynasore, a dynamin inhibitor, suppresses lamellipodia formation and cancer cell invasion by destabilizing actin filaments. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;390:1142-8 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that dynasore potently destabilizes F-actin, and the effect implies dynamin. Dynasore or its derivative would be suitable candidates as potent anti-cancer drugs. ..
- Melberg A, Kretz C, Kalimo H, Wallgren Pettersson C, Toussaint A, Böhm J, et al. Adult course in dynamin 2 dominant centronuclear myopathy with neonatal onset. Neuromuscul Disord. 2010;20:53-6 pubmed publisher..We advise respiratory follow-up in these patients. ..
- Romero N. Centronuclear myopathies: a widening concept. Neuromuscul Disord. 2010;20:223-8 pubmed publisher..one or more nuclei anywhere inside the sarcoplasm) for CNM categorisation, and demonstrates how additional structural alterations within muscle fibres are a useful criterion for suggesting or discarding DNM2-, BIN1- or MTM1-related CNM. ..
- Jeong S, Kim S, Yoo J, Han M, Park J, Kim H, et al. Increased association of dynamin II with myosin II in ras transformed NIH3T3 cells. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2006;38:556-62 pubmed..Therefore, reciprocal immunoprecipitation was carried out to identify the potential relationship between dynamin II and myosin II...
- Soulet F, Schmid S, Damke H. Domain requirements for an endocytosis-independent, isoform-specific function of dynamin-2. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:3539-45 pubmed..Thus, this dynamin-2-specific function is mechanistically distinct from and independent of its role in endocytosis. These findings have important implications for interpreting dynamin-2 dependent phenotypes in overexpression studies. ..
- Pietiäinen V, Marjomaki V, Upla P, Pelkmans L, Helenius A, Hyypia T. Echovirus 1 endocytosis into caveosomes requires lipid rafts, dynamin II, and signaling events. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4911-25 pubmed..The initiation of EV1 infection was dependent on dynamin II, cholesterol, and protein phosphorylation events...
- Bitoun M, Bevilacqua J, Prudhon B, Maugenre S, Taratuto A, Monges S, et al. Dynamin 2 mutations cause sporadic centronuclear myopathy with neonatal onset. Ann Neurol. 2007;62:666-70 pubmed..Our results expand the phenotypic spectrum of dynamin 2-related centronuclear myopathy from the classic mild form to the more severe neonatal phenotype. ..
- Tsai W, Hsu C, Pang J, Lin M, Chen Y, Liang F. Low-level laser irradiation stimulates tenocyte migration with up-regulation of dynamin II expression. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38235 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, low-level laser irradiation stimulates tenocyte migration in a process that is mediated by up-regulation of dynamin 2, which can be suppressed by dynasore. ..
- Durieux A, Vassilopoulos S, Laine J, Fraysse B, Brinas L, Prudhon B, et al. A centronuclear myopathy--dynamin 2 mutation impairs autophagy in mice. Traffic. 2012;13:869-79 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the role of Dnm2 in the cross talk between endosomal and autophagic pathways and evidence a new role of Dnm2-dependent membrane trafficking in autophagy which may be relevant in DNM2-related human diseases. ..
- Jeub M, Bitoun M, Guicheney P, Kappes Horn K, Strach K, Druschky K, et al. Dynamin 2-related centronuclear myopathy: clinical, histological and genetic aspects of further patients and review of the literature. Clin Neuropathol. 2008;27:430-8 pubmed..Schwann cells of unmyelinated nerve fibers showed abnormal plasma membrane and basal lamina protrusions, indicating peripheral nerve involvement. ..
- Echaniz Laguna A, Nicot A, Carré S, Franques J, Tranchant C, Dondaine N, et al. Subtle central and peripheral nervous system abnormalities in a family with centronuclear myopathy and a novel dynamin 2 gene mutation. Neuromuscul Disord. 2007;17:955-9 pubmed..This report extends the clinical knowledge of DNM2-centronuclear myopathy and shows that the role of DNM2 mutations in the central nervous system should be further studied. ..
- Nicot A, Toussaint A, Tosch V, Kretz C, Wallgren Pettersson C, Iwarsson E, et al. Mutations in amphiphysin 2 (BIN1) disrupt interaction with dynamin 2 and cause autosomal recessive centronuclear myopathy. Nat Genet. 2007;39:1134-9 pubmed
- Susman R, Quijano Roy S, Yang N, Webster R, Clarke N, Dowling J, et al. Expanding the clinical, pathological and MRI phenotype of DNM2-related centronuclear myopathy. Neuromuscul Disord. 2010;20:229-37 pubmed publisher..Missense mutations in the C-terminal region of the PH domain appear to be associated with a more severe clinical phenotype evident from infancy. ..
- Ferguson S, Brasnjo G, Hayashi M, Wölfel M, Collesi C, Giovedi S, et al. A selective activity-dependent requirement for dynamin 1 in synaptic vesicle endocytosis. Science. 2007;316:570-4 pubmed..Thus, dynamin 1-independent mechanisms can support limited synaptic vesicle endocytosis, but dynamin 1 is needed during high levels of neuronal activity. ..
- Waters C, Connell M, Pyne S, Pyne N. c-Src is involved in regulating signal transmission from PDGFbeta receptor-GPCR(s) complexes in mammalian cells. Cell Signal. 2005;17:263-77 pubmed..This leads to a G protein/c-Src-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of Gab1 and accumulation of dynamin II at the plasma membrane, a step required for endocytosis of the PDGFbeta receptor-GPCR complex...
- Hanisch F, Muller T, Dietz A, Bitoun M, Kress W, Weis J, et al. Phenotype variability and histopathological findings in centronuclear myopathy due to DNM2 mutations. J Neurol. 2011;258:1085-90 pubmed publisher..Other genes than currently known seem to cause the clinical and histopathological phenotype of CNM. ..
- Durieux A, Prudhon B, Guicheney P, Bitoun M. Dynamin 2 and human diseases. J Mol Med (Berl). 2010;88:339-50 pubmed publisher..We summarize here the molecular, biochemical, and functional data on DNM2 and discuss the possible pathophysiological mechanisms via which DNM2 mutations can lead to two distinct neuromuscular disorders. ..
- Jungbluth H, Cullup T, Lillis S, Zhou H, Abbs S, Sewry C, et al. Centronuclear myopathy with cataracts due to a novel dynamin 2 (DNM2) mutation. Neuromuscul Disord. 2010;20:49-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings expand the phenotypical spectrum associated with DNM2 mutations and provide a new clinical indicator for involvement of this gene in patients with centronuclear myopathy. ..
- Rappoport J, Simon S. Real-time analysis of clathrin-mediated endocytosis during cell migration. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:847-55 pubmed..These observations suggest a re-evaluation of the functional differences between dynamin1 and dynamin2, and of the role of clathrin-mediated endocytosis in cell migration. ..
- Aguet F, Antonescu C, Mettlen M, Schmid S, Danuser G. Advances in analysis of low signal-to-noise images link dynamin and AP2 to the functions of an endocytic checkpoint. Dev Cell. 2013;26:279-91 pubmed publisher..We identify dynamin and the EAP-binding ?-adaptin appendage domain of the AP2 adaptor as switches in a regulated, multistep maturation process and provide direct evidence for a molecular checkpoint in CME. ..