Genomes and Genes
wiskott aldrich syndrome protein family
Summary: A family of microfilament proteins whose name derives from the fact that mutations in members of this protein family have been associated with WISKOTT-ALDRICH SYNDROME. They are involved in ACTIN polymerization and contain a polyproline-rich region that binds to PROFILIN, and a verprolin homology domain that binds G-ACTIN.
- Derivery E, Lombard B, Loew D, Gautreau A. The Wave complex is intrinsically inactive. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2009;66:777-90 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the approach we describe here for multiprotein complex purification is likely applicable to a wide range of human multiprotein complexes. ..
- Harmon B, Campbell N, Ratner L. Role of Abl kinase and the Wave2 signaling complex in HIV-1 entry at a post-hemifusion step. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1000956 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a potential utility of Abl kinase inhibitors to treat HIV-1 infected patients...
- Derivery E, Gautreau A. Generation of branched actin networks: assembly and regulation of the N-WASP and WAVE molecular machines. Bioessays. 2010;32:119-31 pubmed publisher..Moreover, this review attempts to put together diverse observations concerning the WAVE complex in the conceptual frame of an in vivo assembly pathway that has gained support from the recent identification of a precursor. ..
- Sossey Alaoui K, Bialkowska K, Plow E. The miR200 family of microRNAs regulates WAVE3-dependent cancer cell invasion. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:33019-29 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, a novel mechanism for the regulation of WAVE3 expression in cancer cells has been identified, which controls the invasive properties and morphology of cancer cells associated with their metastatic potential. ..
- Sanz Moreno V, Marshall C. Rho-GTPase signaling drives melanoma cell plasticity. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:1484-7 pubmed..We identified two important signaling pathways regulating amoeboid and mesenchymal types of motility in melanoma. Here, we discuss our findings in the context of how specificity of Rho signaling is achieved by GEFs and GAPs. ..
- Chen Z, Borek D, Padrick S, Gomez T, Metlagel Z, Ismail A, et al. Structure and control of the actin regulatory WAVE complex. Nature. 2010;468:533-8 pubmed publisher..The spatial proximity of the Rac binding site and the large basic surface of the WRC suggests how the GTPase and phospholipids could cooperatively recruit the complex to membranes. ..
- Kelly A, Kranitz H, Dötsch V, Mullins R. Actin binding to the central domain of WASP/Scar proteins plays a critical role in the activation of the Arp2/3 complex. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:10589-97 pubmed
- Yang J, Li J, Wang J, Zhang C. Molecular modeling of BAD complex resided in a mitochondrion integrating glycolysis and apoptosis. J Theor Biol. 2010;266:231-41 pubmed publisher..This is helpful for our development and research of the molecular mechanism of BAD integrating glycolysis and apoptosis. ..
- Fumoto S, Nishi J, Ishii H, Wang X, Miyamoto H, Yoshikawa N, et al. Rac-mediated macropinocytosis is a critical route for naked plasmid DNA transfer in mice. Mol Pharm. 2009;6:1170-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, it was demonstrated that the Rac signaling pathway regulated the macropinocytosis of naked pDNA. The information in this study would be helpful to clarify in vivo cell functions and to improve in vivo transfection efficiency. ..
- Brooks S, Coccia M, Tang H, Kanuga N, Machesky L, Bailly M, et al. The Nance-Horan syndrome protein encodes a functional WAVE homology domain (WHD) and is important for co-ordinating actin remodelling and maintaining cell morphology. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:2421-32 pubmed publisher..Our data identify NHS as a new regulator of actin remodelling. We suggest that NHS orchestrates actin regulatory protein function in response to signalling events during development. ..
- Pan Y, Viklund I, Tsai H, Pettersson S, Maruyama I. The ulcerative colitis marker protein WAFL interacts with accessory proteins in endocytosis. Int J Biol Sci. 2010;6:163-71 pubmed..Therefore, these results suggest that WAFL may play an important role in endocytosis and subsequent membrane trafficking by interacting with AP2 through KIAA0196 and KIAA1033. ..
- Morimura S, Suzuki K, Takahashi K. BetaPIX and GIT1 regulate HGF-induced lamellipodia formation and WAVE2 transport. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;382:614-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we suggest that betaPIX releases cells from the GIT1-mediated suppression of HGF-independent responses and recruits GIT1 to WAVE2, thereby facilitating HGF-induced WAVE2 transport and lamellipodia formation. ..
- Borth N, Walther A, Reijnst P, Jorde S, Schaub Y, Wendland J. Candida albicans Vrp1 is required for polarized morphogenesis and interacts with Wal1 and Myo5. Microbiology. 2010;156:2962-9 pubmed publisher..This suggests that a Wal1-Vrp1-Myo5 complex plays an important role in endocytosis and the polarized localization of the cortical actin cytoskeleton to promote polarized hyphal growth in C. albicans...
- Fernando H, Sanders A, Kynaston H, Jiang W. WAVE3 is associated with invasiveness in prostate cancer cells. Urol Oncol. 2010;28:320-7 pubmed publisher..This study shows that WAVE3 is pivotal in controlling the invasiveness of prostate cancer cells. Further work is needed to assess WAVE3 as a potential marker for predicting tumor aggressiveness. ..
- Kang R, Tang D, Yu Y, Wang Z, Hu T, Wang H, et al. WAVE1 regulates Bcl-2 localization and phosphorylation in leukemia cells. Leukemia. 2010;24:177-86 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest WAVE1 as a novel regulator of apoptosis, and potential drug target for therapeutic intervention of leukemia. ..
- Bulgin R, Arbeloa A, Goulding D, Dougan G, Crepin V, Raymond B, et al. The T3SS effector EspT defines a new category of invasive enteropathogenic E. coli (EPEC) which form intracellular actin pedestals. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000683 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data breaks the dogma of EPEC as an extracellular pathogen and defines a new category of invasive EPEC. ..
- Ceglia I, Kim Y, Nairn A, Greengard P. Signaling pathways controlling the phosphorylation state of WAVE1, a regulator of actin polymerization. J Neurochem. 2010;114:182-90 pubmed publisher..These phosphatases act on different sites to mediate receptor-induced signaling pathways, which would lead to activation of WAVE1. ..
- Namekata K, Harada C, Taya C, Guo X, Kimura H, Parada L, et al. Dock3 induces axonal outgrowth by stimulating membrane recruitment of the WAVE complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:7586-91 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight a unique mechanism through which Dock-GEFs achieve spatial and temporal restriction of WAVE signaling, and identify Dock-GEF activity as a potential therapeutic target for axonal regeneration. ..
- Eiseler T, Hausser A, De Kimpe L, Van Lint J, Pfizenmaier K. Protein kinase D controls actin polymerization and cell motility through phosphorylation of cortactin. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:18672-83 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, cortactin-S298A significantly enhanced lamellipodia extension and directed cell migration. Our data thus unravel a previously unrecognized mechanism by which PKD controls cancer cell motility. ..
- Husson C, Cantrelle F, Roblin P, Didry D, Le K, Perez J, et al. Multifunctionality of the beta-thymosin/WH2 module: G-actin sequestration, actin filament growth, nucleation, and severing. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2010;1194:44-52 pubmed publisher..Novel regulation pathways in actin assembly emerge from these additional activities. ..
- Boettner D, D Agostino J, Torres O, Daugherty Clarke K, Uygur A, Reider A, et al. The F-BAR protein Syp1 negatively regulates WASp-Arp2/3 complex activity during endocytic patch formation. Curr Biol. 2009;19:1979-87 pubmed publisher..Together, these data identify Syp1 as a novel negative regulator of WASp-Arp2/3 complex that helps choreograph the precise timing of actin assembly during endocytosis. ..
- Cai X, Xiao T, James S, Da J, Lin D, Liu Y, et al. Metastatic potential of lung squamous cell carcinoma associated with HSPC300 through its interaction with WAVE2. Lung Cancer. 2009;65:299-305 pubmed publisher..7% of primary tumours with lymph node metastases. We hypothesize that HSPC300 is associated with metastatic potential of lung squamous cell carcinoma through its interaction with WAVE2. ..
- Tahirovic S, Hellal F, Neukirchen D, Hindges R, Garvalov B, FLYNN K, et al. Rac1 regulates neuronal polarization through the WAVE complex. J Neurosci. 2010;30:6930-43 pubmed publisher..In addition, pharmacological inhibition of the WAVE complex effector Arp2/3 also reduced axon growth. We propose that Rac1 recruits the WAVE complex to the plasma membrane to enable actin remodeling necessary for axon growth. ..
- Teng Y, Ren M, Cheney R, Sharma S, Cowell J. Inactivation of the WASF3 gene in prostate cancer cells leads to suppression of tumorigenicity and metastases. Br J Cancer. 2010;103:1066-75 pubmed publisher..Overall, these observations demonstrate a critical role for WASF3 in the progression of prostate cancer and identify a potential target to control tumorigenicity and metastasis. ..