Genomes and Genes
Summary: Multiprotein complexes that mediate the activation of CASPASE-1. Dysregulation of inflammasomes has also been linked to a number of autoinflammatory and autoimmune disorders.
- Hu G, Song P, Chen W, Qi S, Yu S, Du C, et al. Cirtical role for Salmonella effector SopB in regulating inflammasome activation. Mol Immunol. 2017;90:280-286 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, inhibition of Akt signaling induced enhanced inflammasome activation. These results revealed a novel role in inhibition of NLRC4 inflammasome for Salmonella effector SopB. ..
- Mills E, Kelly B, O Neill L. Mitochondria are the powerhouses of immunity. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:488-498 pubmed publisher..These discoveries are revealing mitochondrial targets that could potentially be exploited for therapeutic gain in inflammation and cancer. ..
- Choe J, Jung H, Park K, Kim S. Enhanced p62 expression through impaired proteasomal degradation is involved in caspase-1 activation in monosodium urate crystal-induced interleukin-1b expression. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2014;53:1043-53 pubmed..N-terminal kinase (JNK), but not p38, of the MAPK pathway and is also involved in activation of caspase-1 in inflammasomes. Impaired autophagosome formation by Atg16L1 siRNA significantly amplified p62 levels, thereby producing ..
- Jeon J, Kim Y, Shin H, Ha U. T3SS effector ExoY reduces inflammasome-related responses by suppressing bacterial motility and delaying activation of NF-ÎºB and caspase-1. FEBS J. 2017;284:3392-3403 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa ExoY can reduce inflammasome-related responses by influencing both the host and the bacterium itself by delaying the activation of inflammatory pathways and suppressing bacterial motility. ..
- Karasawa T, Takahashi M. Role of NLRP3 Inflammasomes in Atherosclerosis. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2017;24:443-451 pubmed publisher..Although the mechanisms had been unclear, emerging evidence unveiled that NLRP3 inflammasomes, which regulate caspase-1 activation and subsequent processing of pro-IL-1?, trigger vascular wall ..
- Hancz D, Westerlund E, Bastiat Sempe B, Sharma O, Valfridsson C, Meyer L, et al. Inhibition of Inflammasome-Dependent Interleukin 1Î² Production by Streptococcal NAD+-Glycohydrolase: Evidence for Extracellular Activity. MBio. 2017;8: pubmed publisher..This immune regulatory property of extracellular NADase adds another possible explanation to how increased secretion of NADase correlates with bacterial virulence. ..
- Neudecker V, Haneklaus M, Jensen O, Khailova L, Masterson J, Tye H, et al. Myeloid-derived miR-223 regulates intestinal inflammation via repression of the NLRP3 inflammasome. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1737-1752 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data reveal a previously unappreciated role for miR-223 in regulating the innate immune response during intestinal inflammation. ..
- Wang Y, Han Z, Fan Y, Zhang J, Chen K, Gao L, et al. MicroRNA-9 Inhibits NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation in Human Atherosclerosis Inflammation Cell Models through the JAK1/STAT Signaling Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:1555-1571 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-9 may serve as a potential therapeutic target for atherosclerosis. ..
- Wang Q, Lin P, Li P, Feng L, Ren Q, Xie X, et al. Ghrelin protects the heart against ischemia/reperfusion injury via inhibition of TLR4/NLRP3 inflammasome pathway. Life Sci. 2017;186:50-58 pubmed publisher..Ghrelin protected the heart against I/R injury by inhibiting oxidative stress and inflammation via TLR4/NLRP3 signaling pathway. Our results might provide new strategy and target for treatment of myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury. ..
- Duan N, Liu X, Wu J. Palmitic acid elicits hepatic stellate cell activation through inflammasomes and hedgehog signaling. Life Sci. 2017;176:42-53 pubmed publisher..Saturated fatty acids, such as PA, stimulate HSC activation through inflammasomes and hedgehog signaling...
- Goldberg E, Asher J, Molony R, Shaw A, Zeiss C, Wang C, et al. Î²-Hydroxybutyrate Deactivates Neutrophil NLRP3 Inflammasome to Relieve Gout Flares. Cell Rep. 2017;18:2077-2087 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our studies show that BHB, a known alternate metabolic fuel, is also an anti-inflammatory molecule that may serve as a treatment for gout. ..
- Zhou W, Liu X, Cheng K, Zhang X, Lu J, Hu R. X-11-5-27, a daidzein derivative, inhibits NLRP3 inflammasome activity via promoting autophagy. Exp Cell Res. 2017;360:320-327 pubmed publisher..And these results may help guide decisions regarding the use of X-11-5-27 in relieving the inflammasome-driven hyper-inflammation. ..
- Kanbe A, Ito H, Omori Y, Hara A, Seishima M. The inhibition of NLRP3 signaling attenuates liver injury in an ?-galactosylceramide-induced hepatitis model. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:364-370 pubmed publisherb>Inflammasomes are involved in innate immune responses. Several NOD-Like receptors (NLRs) participate in the formation of inflammasomes...
- Webster S, Brode S, Ellis L, Fitzmaurice T, Elder M, Gekara N, et al. Detection of a microbial metabolite by STING regulates inflammasome activation in response to Chlamydia trachomatis infection. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006383 pubmed publisher..attenuated Chlamydia trachomatis we report that the live organism activates both canonical and non-canonical inflammasomes, but only canonical inflammasomes controlled IL-1? processing which preceded pyroptosis...
- Lima Júnior D, Mineo T, Calich V, Zamboni D. Dectin-1 Activation during Leishmania amazonensis Phagocytosis Prompts Syk-Dependent Reactive Oxygen Species Production To Trigger Inflammasome Assembly and Restriction of Parasite Replication. J Immunol. 2017;199:2055-2068 pubmed publisher..amazonensis phagocytosis is important for macrophage restriction of the parasite replication and effectively accounts for host resistance to Leishmania infection. ..
- Wang K, Zhu X, Zhang K, Yao Y, Zhuang M, Tan C, et al. Puerarin inhibits amyloid ?-induced NLRP3 inflammasome activation in retinal pigment epithelial cells via suppressing ROS-dependent oxidative and endoplasmic reticulum stresses. Exp Cell Res. 2017;357:335-340 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the significance of the current study is to reveal the novel mechanism of puerarin in the prevention of AMD. ..
- Wang R, Wang Y, Mu N, Lou X, Li W, Chen Y, et al. Activation of NLRP3 inflammasomes contributes to hyperhomocysteinemia-aggravated inflammation and atherosclerosis in apoE-deficient mice. Lab Invest. 2017;97:922-934 pubmed publisher..In this study, we hypothesized that the activation of NLRP3 inflammasomes contributes to HHcy-induced inflammation and atherosclerosis...
- Liu J, Berthier C, Kahlenberg J. Enhanced Inflammasome Activity in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Is Mediated via Type I Interferon-Induced Up-Regulation of Interferon Regulatory Factor 1. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1840-1849 pubmed publisher..IRF-1 inhibition may serve as a novel target for treatment of SLE-associated inflammation and organ damage. ..
- Pal P, Sonowal H, Shukla K, Srivastava S, Ramana K. Aldose Reductase Mediates NLRP3 Inflammasome-Initiated Innate Immune Response in Hyperglycemia-Induced Thp1 Monocytes and Male Mice. Endocrinology. 2017;158:3661-3675 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that AR regulates hyperglycemia-induced NLRP3 inflammasome-mediated innate immune response by altering the ROS/Lyn/Syk/PI3K/Ca2+/K+ signals...
- Xie S, Guo C, Chi Z, Huang B, Wu Y, Wang D, et al. A rapid administration of GW4064 inhibits the NLRP3 inflammasome activation independent of farnesoid X receptor agonism. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:2836-2847 pubmed publisher..These results not only necessitate cautious interpretation of the biological function of GW4064 as an FXR agonist, but also provide a potential therapeutic approach using GW4064 in the treatment of NLRP3-related diseases. ..
- Yilmaz O, Lee K. The inflammasome and danger molecule signaling: at the crossroads of inflammation and pathogen persistence in the oral cavity. Periodontol 2000. 2015;69:83-95 pubmed publisherb>Inflammasomes are an oligomeric assembly of multiprotein complexes that activate the caspase-1-dependent maturation and the subsequent secretion of inflammatory interleukin-1beta and interleukin-18 cytokines in response to a 'danger ..
- Mbalaviele G, Novack D, Schett G, Teitelbaum S. Inflammatory osteolysis: a conspiracy against bone. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2030-2039 pubmed publisher..Thus, insights into events such as those impacted by inflammasomes, which signal through cytokine-dependent and -independent mechanisms, are needed to optimize treatment of ..
- Cross S, Potter J, Aldo P, Kwon J, Pitruzzello M, Tong M, et al. Viral Infection Sensitizes Human Fetal Membranes to Bacterial Lipopolysaccharide by MERTK Inhibition and Inflammasome Activation. J Immunol. 2017;199:2885-2895 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a novel mechanism by which viruses alter normal FM immune responses to bacteria, potentially giving rise to adverse pregnancy outcomes. ..
- Yan J, Li Y, Yang H, Zhang L, Yang B, Wang M, et al. Interleukin-17A participates in podocyte injury by inducing IL-1Î² secretion through ROS-NLRP3 inflammasome-caspase-1 pathway. Scand J Immunol. 2018;87:e12645 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results suggest that IL-17A induces podocyte injury by activating the NLRP3 inflammasome and IL-1Î² secretion and contributes to disruption of the kidney's filtration system. ..
- Fusco R, Gugliandolo E, Biundo F, Campolo M, Di Paola R, Cuzzocrea S. Inhibition of inflammasome activation improves lung acute injury induced by carrageenan in a mouse model of pleurisy. FASEB J. 2017;31:3497-3511 pubmed publisher..Fusco, R. Gugliandolo, E., Biundo, F., Campolo, M., Di Paola, R., Cuzzocrea, S. Inhibition of inflammasome activation improves lung acute injury induced by carrageenan in a mouse model of pleurisy. ..
- Mascarenhas D, Cerqueira D, Pereira M, Castanheira F, Fernandes T, Manin G, et al. Inhibition of caspase-1 or gasdermin-D enable caspase-8 activation in the Naip5/NLRC4/ASC inflammasome. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006502 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that caspase-8 activation in the Naip5/NLRC4/ASC inflammasome enable induction of cell death when caspase-1 or gasdermin-D is suppressed. ..
- Dai X, Okon I, Liu Z, Bedarida T, Wang Q, Ramprasath T, et al. Ablation of Neuropilin 1 in Myeloid Cells Exacerbates High-Fat Diet-Induced Insulin Resistance Through Nlrp3 Inflammasome In Vivo. Diabetes. 2017;66:2424-2435 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the HFD-instigated Nrp1 reduction in macrophages exacerbates insulin resistance by promoting Nlrp3 inflammasome priming and activation. ..
- Brydges S, Broderick L, McGeough M, Pena C, Mueller J, Hoffman H. Divergence of IL-1, IL-18, and cell death in NLRP3 inflammasomopathies. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:4695-705 pubmed..Our results have important implications for patients with CAPS and residual disease, emphasizing the need to explore other NLRP3-mediated pathways and the potential for inflammasome-targeted therapy. ..
- Freeman L, Guo H, David C, Brickey W, JHA S, Ting J. NLR members NLRC4 and NLRP3 mediate sterile inflammasome activation in microglia and astrocytes. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1351-1370 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that NLRC4 and NLRP3, which normally form distinct inflammasomes, activate an LPC-induced inflammasome and are important in astrogliosis and microgliosis.
- Zhou K, Shi L, Wang Z, Zhou J, Manaenko A, Reis C, et al. RIP1-RIP3-DRP1 pathway regulates NLRP3 inflammasome activation following subarachnoid hemorrhage. Exp Neurol. 2017;295:116-124 pubmed publisher..The activation of the NLRP3 inflammasome in EBI after SAH was mediated by RIP1-RIP3-DRP1 pathway. Nec-1 and Mdivi-1 can inhibit inflammation and improve neurological function after SAH. ..
- Zhuang Y, Zhao F, Liang J, Deng X, Zhang Y, Ding G, et al. Activation of COX-2/mPGES-1/PGE2 Cascade via NLRP3 Inflammasome Contributes to Albumin-Induced Proximal Tubule Cell Injury. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:797-807 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that COX-2/mPGES-1/PGE2 axis could be activated by albumin in the proximal tubular cells via a NLRP3 inflammasome-mediated mechanism and could thus contribute to proteinuria-related renal tubular cell injury. ..
- Bergmann H, Roth S, Pechloff K, Kiss E, Kuhn S, Heikenwalder M, et al. Card9-dependent IL-1? regulates IL-22 production from group 3 innate lymphoid cells and promotes colitis-associated cancer. Eur J Immunol. 2017;47:1342-1353 pubmed publisher..inflammatory responses downstream of various pattern recognition receptors and which cooperates with the inflammasomes for IL-1? production...
- Zhang S, Jiang L, Che F, Lu Y, Xie Z, Wang H. Arctigenin attenuates ischemic stroke via SIRT1-dependent inhibition of NLRP3 inflammasome. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:821-826 pubmed publisher..Taken together our results demonstrated that ARC may confer protection against ischemic stroke by inhibiting NLRP3 inflammasome activation. The activation of SIRT1 signaling pathway may contribute to the neuroprotection of ARC in MCAO. ..
- Kaufmann F, Costa A, Ghisleni G, Diaz A, Rodrigues A, Peluffo H, et al. NLRP3 inflammasome-driven pathways in depression: Clinical and preclinical findings. Brain Behav Immun. 2017;64:367-383 pubmed publisher..Importantly, we also focus on the therapeutic potential of targeting the NLRP3 inflammasome complex to improve stress resilience and depressive symptoms. ..
- Zhu Q, Kanneganti T. Cutting Edge: Distinct Regulatory Mechanisms Control Proinflammatory Cytokines IL-18 and IL-1?. J Immunol. 2017;198:4210-4215 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings reveal a fundamental difference in IL-18 and IL-1? regulation and uncover novel mechanisms that are relevant to the inflammatory settings where these proinflammatory cytokines play a critical role. ..
- Rahim I, Djerdjouri B, Sayed R, FernÃ¡ndez Ortiz M, FernÃ¡ndez Gil B, Hidalgo GutiÃ©rrez A, et al. Melatonin administration to wild-type mice and nontreated NLRP3 mutant mice share similar inhibition of the inflammatory response during sepsis. J Pineal Res. 2017;63: pubmed publisher..The efficacy of melatonin in counteracting the NLRP3 inflammasome activation further confirms the indoleamine as a useful therapeutic drug against this serious condition. ..
- Garcia Irigoyen O, Moschetta A. A Novel Protective Role for FXR against Inflammasome Activation and Endotoxemia. Cell Metab. 2017;25:763-764 pubmed publisher..In this issue, Hao et al. (2017) show that the BA receptor FXR binds NLRP3 inflammasome in macrophages and inhibits activation of inflammasome components, thus reducing endotoxemia in cholestasis. ..
- Kato R, Uetrecht J. Supernatant from Hepatocyte Cultures with Drugs That Cause Idiosyncratic Liver Injury Activates Macrophage Inflammasomes. Chem Res Toxicol. 2017;30:1327-1332 pubmed publisher..b>Inflammasomes can be activated by DAMPs, and this may be a common mechanism by which DAMPs initiate an immune response...
- Wang Y, Xu C, Liu Y, Mao Y, Lv Z, Li S, et al. Salidroside Attenuates Ventilation Induced Lung Injury via SIRT1-Dependent Inhibition of NLRP3 Inflammasome. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:34-43 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings indicate that SDS may confer protection against ventilation induced lung injury via SIRT1-de-pendent inhibition of NLRP3 inflammasome activation. ..
- Zhu S, Ding S, Wang P, Wei Z, Pan W, Palm N, et al. Nlrp9b inflammasome restricts rotavirus infection in intestinal epithelial cells. Nature. 2017;546:667-670 pubmed publisher..mechanism by which enteric viruses are sensed and restricted in vivo, especially by NOD-like receptor (NLR) inflammasomes, is largely unknown...
- Liu W, Liu X, Li Y, Zhao J, Liu Z, Hu Z, et al. LRRK2 promotes the activation of NLRC4 inflammasome during Salmonella Typhimurium infection. J Exp Med. 2017;214:3051-3066 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the kinase activity of LRRK2 is required for optimal NLRC4 inflammasome activation. Collectively, our study reveals an important role for LRRK2 in the host defense by promoting NLRC4 inflammasome activation. ..
- Neiman Zenevich J, Stuart S, Abdel Nour M, Girardin S, Mogridge J. Listeria monocytogenes and Shigella flexneri Activate the NLRP1B Inflammasome. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..Infections of either Listeria or Shigella activated NLRP1B in the RAW264.7 murine macrophage line, which expresses endogenous NLRP1B. We conclude that NLRP1B senses cellular infection by distinct invasive pathogens. ..
- Oosting M, Buffen K, Malireddi S, Sturm P, Verschueren I, Koenders M, et al. Murine Borrelia arthritis is highly dependent on ASC and caspase-1, but independent of NLRP3. Arthritis Res Ther. 2012;14:R247 pubmed publisher..Based on present results indicating that IL-1 is one of the major mediators in Lyme arthritis, there is a rationale to propose that neutralizing IL-1 activity may also have beneficial effects in chronic Lyme arthritis. ..
- Kuemmerle Deschner J, Verma D, Endres T, Broderick L, de Jesus A, Hofer F, et al. Clinical and Molecular Phenotypes of Low-Penetrance Variants of NLRP3: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Challenges. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:2233-2240 pubmed publisher..Patients with low-penetrance NLRP3 variants display a distinct clinical phenotype and an intermediate biologic phenotype, including IL-1Î² and non-IL-1Î²-mediated inflammatory pathway activation. ..
- Cocco M, Pellegrini C, Martinez Banaclocha H, Giorgis M, Marini E, Costale A, et al. Development of an Acrylate Derivative Targeting the NLRP3 Inflammasome for the Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. J Med Chem. 2017;60:3656-3671 pubmed publisher..In vivo studies confirmed the ability of the selected lead to alleviate the effects of colitis induced by 2,4-dinitrobenzenesulfonic acid in rats after oral administration. ..
- Hughes F, Sexton S, Jin H, Govada V, Purves J. Bladder fibrosis during outlet obstruction is triggered through the NLRP3 inflammasome and the production of IL-1?. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;313:F603-F610 pubmed publisher..In summary, NLRP3-derived-IL-1? triggers fibrosis during BOO, most likely through an autocrine loop in which IL-1? acts on urothelia to drive collagen production. ..
- van der Heijden T, Kritikou E, Venema W, van Duijn J, Van Santbrink P, Slütter B, et al. NLRP3 Inflammasome Inhibition by MCC950 Reduces Atherosclerotic Lesion Development in Apolipoprotein E-Deficient Mice-Brief Report. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1457-1461 pubmed publisherb>Inflammasomes are multiprotein complexes, and their activation has been associated with cardiovascular disease. Inflammasome activation leads to secretion of caspase-1 by innate immune cells, resulting in the activation of interleukin-1?...
- Nabar N, Kehrl J. The Transcription Factor EB Links Cellular Stress to the Immune Response??. Yale J Biol Med. 2017;90:301-315 pubmed..Finally, we discuss recent advances linking TFEB to the immune response that positions lysosomal signaling as a potential target for immune modulation. ..
- Broz P. Inflammasomes in Host Defense and Autoimmunity. Chimia (Aarau). 2016;70:853-855 pubmed publisherb>Inflammasomes are large multi-protein complexes that control host defense and inflammation during infections with pathogens...
- He A, Shao J, Zhang Y, Lu H, Wu Z, Xu Y. CD200Fc reduces LPS-induced IL-1? activation in human cervical cancer cells by modulating TLR4-NF-?B and NLRP3 inflammasome pathway. Oncotarget. 2017;8:33214-33224 pubmed publisher..It provided novel mechanistic insights into the potential therapeutic uses of CD200Fc for cervical cancer. ..
- Nazir S, Gadi I, Al Dabet M, ElWakiel A, Kohli S, Ghosh S, et al. Cytoprotective activated protein C averts Nlrp3 inflammasome-induced ischemia-reperfusion injury via mTORC1 inhibition. Blood. 2017;130:2664-2677 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal that aPC protects from IRI by restricting mTORC1-dependent inflammasome activation and that mimicking biased aPC PAR-1 signaling using parmodulins may be a feasible therapeutic approach to combat IRI. ..
- Mamik M, Power C. Inflammasomes in neurological diseases: emerging pathogenic and therapeutic concepts. Brain. 2017;140:2273-2285 pubmed publisherInflammasome activation in the central nervous system occurs in both health and disease. Inflammasomes are cytosolic protein complexes that sense specific infectious or host stimuli and initiate inflammatory responses through caspase ..
- Wada T, Ishikawa A, Watanabe E, Nakamura Y, Aruga Y, Hasegawa H, et al. Eplerenone prevented obesity-induced inflammasome activation and glucose intolerance. J Endocrinol. 2017;235:179-191 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we consider MR to be a crucial target to prevent metabolic disorders by suppressing inflammasome-mediated chronic inflammation in the adipose tissue and liver under obese conditions. ..
- Bezbradica J, Schroder K. Zebrafish earns its stripes for in vivo ASC speck dynamics. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2615-2618 pubmed publisher..1083/jcb.201703103) use live microscopy to track fluorescently tagged endogenous ASC in the zebrafish, describing the molecular domains driving ASC speck assembly and identifying a key role for macrophages in ASC speck removal in vivo. ..
- Lu G, Pan Y, Kayoumu A, Zhang L, Yin T, Tong Z, et al. Indomethacin inhabits the NLRP3 inflammasome pathway and protects severe acute pancreatitis in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:827-832 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data showed that Indo could protect pancreatic acinar cell from injury by inhabiting NLRP3 pathway and decreased the severity of SAP accordingly. ..
- Yang F, Chen M, Hu Y, Wang C. [Study on the role of NALP3 inflammasome in Porphyromonas gingivalis lipopolysaccharide induced RAW264.7]. Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;52:289-293 pubmed publisher..01?p<0.01????ac-yvad-cmk????il-1????????????????p=0.002?p=0.027??nalp3???????????????p<0.01?p<0.01?? ??? pg??????raw264.7???nalp3????????????????????????. ..
- Kader M, Alaoui El Azher M, Vorhauer J, Kode B, Wells J, Stolz D, et al. MyD88-dependent inflammasome activation and autophagy inhibition contributes to Ehrlichia-induced liver injury and toxic shock. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006644 pubmed publisher..This study reveals that Ehrlichia-induced liver injury and toxic shock are mediated by MyD88-dependent inflammasome activation and autophagy inhibition. ..
- Kuri P, Schieber N, Thumberger T, Wittbrodt J, Schwab Y, Leptin M. Dynamics of in vivo ASC speck formation. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2891-2909 pubmed publisher..The effector caspase is recruited through PYD, whose overexpression induced pyroptosis but only after substantial delay. Therefore, formation of a single, compact speck and rapid cell-death induction in vivo requires a full-length ASC. ..
- Domingo Fernández R, Coll R, Kearney J, Breit S, O Neill L. The intracellular chloride channel proteins CLIC1 and CLIC4 induce IL-1? transcription and activate the NLRP3 inflammasome. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12077-12087 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate that CLIC1 and CLIC4 participate both in the priming signal for IL-1? and in NLRP3 activation. ..
- Liu W, Yamashita T, Kurata T, Kono S, Hishikawa N, Deguchi K, et al. Protective effect of telmisartan on neurovascular unit and inflammasome in stroke-resistant spontaneously hypertensive rats. Neurol Res. 2015;37:491-501 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that telmisartan comprehensively protected the NVU components by reducing inflammatory reactions relative to AD in hypertensive rats, which could also preclude the risk of AD under hypertension. ..
- Stutz A, Kolbe C, Stahl R, Horvath G, Franklin B, van Ray O, et al. NLRP3 inflammasome assembly is regulated by phosphorylation of the pyrin domain. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1725-1736 pubmed publisher..These results propose that the balance between kinases and phosphatases acting on the NLRP3 PYD is critical for NLRP3 activation. ..
- Tur J, Vico T, Lloberas J, Zorzano A, Celada A. Macrophages and Mitochondria: A Critical Interplay Between Metabolism, Signaling, and the Functional Activity. Adv Immunol. 2017;133:1-36 pubmed publisher..Here we discuss the intricate relationship between mitochondria, metabolism, intracellular signaling, and innate immune responses in macrophages. ..
- Fan L, Lin J, Yang J, Mao B, Lu H, Ge B, et al. Macrolides protect against Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection via inhibition of inflammasomes. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;313:L677-L686 pubmed publisher..Lung injury, bacterial clearance, and inflammasome-related proteins were measured. In vitro, the inflammasomes activation induced by flagellin or ATP were assessed in LPS-primed macrophages with or without macrolides ..
- Alcocer Gómez E, Castejón Vega B, Cordero M. Stress-Induced NLRP3 Inflammasome in Human Diseases. Adv Protein Chem Struct Biol. 2017;108:127-162 pubmed publisher..The implication of the same complex, NLRP3 inflammasome, in different diseases such as cardiovascular, neurodegenerative, psychiatric, and metabolic diseases opens a door to develop new therapeutic perspectives. ..
- Scholz H, Eder C. Lysophosphatidylcholine activates caspase-1 in microglia via a novel pathway involving two inflammasomes. J Neuroimmunol. 2017;310:107-110 pubmed publisherb>Inflammasomes regulate microglial caspase-1 activation and subsequent neuroinflammatory processes in brain pathology...
- Xing Y, Yao X, Li H, Xue G, Guo Q, Yang G, et al. Cutting Edge: TRAF6 Mediates TLR/IL-1R Signaling-Induced Nontranscriptional Priming of the NLRP3 Inflammasome. J Immunol. 2017;199:1561-1566 pubmed publisher..Our findings thus extended cognition on the mechanism of NLRP3 inflammasome activation, and provided a novel target for controlling NLRP3-related diseases. ..
- Luo Z, Ren J, Huang Z, Wang T, Xiang K, Cheng L, et al. The Role of Exogenous Hydrogen Sulfide in Free Fatty Acids Induced Inflammation in Macrophages. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:1635-1644 pubmed publisher..Thus H2S might possess potential in the treatment of diseases resulting from FFA overload like insulin resistance and type diabetes. ..
- Greenhill C, Jones G, Nowell M, Newton Z, Harvey A, Moideen A, et al. Interleukin-10 regulates the inflammasome-driven augmentation of inflammatory arthritis and joint destruction. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:419 pubmed publisher..These data provide a link between IL-10, synovial regulation of the NLRP3 inflammasome and the degree of bone erosions observed in inflammatory arthritis. ..
- Uchiyama R, Yonehara S, Taniguchi S, Ishido S, Ishii K, Tsutsui H. Inflammasome and Fas-Mediated IL-1? Contributes to Th17/Th1 Cell Induction in Pathogenic Bacterial Infection In Vivo. J Immunol. 2017;199:1122-1130 pubmed publisher..This study provides a deeper understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying Th17/Th1 induction during pathogenic microbial infections in vivo. ..