2 dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine 1
Summary: Synthetic phospholipid used in liposomes and lipid bilayers to study biological membranes. It is also a major constituent of PULMONARY SURFACTANTS.
- Belem Gonçalves S, Matar G, Tsan P, Lafont D, Boullanger P, Salim V, et al. Hyaluronidase binds differently DPPC, DPPS or GlcNAc-bearing glycolipid biomimetic monolayers. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2010;75:466-71 pubmed publisher..These results and the absence of significant binding of btHyal to pure DPPC monolayer suggest that the protein interacts with the lipid monolayer by mimicking the enzyme-substrate interactions or by electrostatic interactions. ..
- Zherelova O, Kataev A, Grishchenko V, Knyazeva E, Permyakov S, Permyakov E. Interaction of antitumor alpha-lactalbumin-oleic acid complexes with artificial and natural membranes. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2009;41:229-37 pubmed publisher..Thus, the modification of alpha-LA by OA results in an increase in the protein association with the model lipid bilayer and in drastic irreversible changes in permeability of several types of the plasmalemmal ionic channels. ..
- Lozano N, Pinazo A, Perez L, Pons R. Dynamic properties of cationic diacyl-glycerol-arginine-based surfactant/phospholipid mixtures at the air/water interface. Langmuir. 2010;26:2559-66 pubmed publisher..The monolayer viscoelasticity shows a nonideal mixing behavior with predominance of the surfactant properties. This nonideal behavior has been attributed to the prevalence of electrostatic interactions. ..
- Durdagi S, Papadopoulos M, Zoumpoulakis P, Koukoulitsa C, Mavromoustakos T. A computational study on cannabinoid receptors and potent bioactive cannabinoid ligands: homology modeling, docking, de novo drug design and molecular dynamics analysis. Mol Divers. 2010;14:257-76 pubmed publisher..The re-obtained models confirmed the ligand-binding pockets that were derived based on rhodopsin. ..
- Ikeda Y, Inagaki M, Yamada K, Miyamoto T, Higuchi R, Shibata O. Langmur monolayers of cerebroside with different head groups originated from sea cucumber: binary systems with dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine (DPPC). Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2009;72:272-83 pubmed publisher..The miscibility in the monolayer state was also confirmed by the morphological observation with Brewster angle microscopy (BAM), fluorescence microscopy (FM), and atomic force microscopy (AFM)...
- Waheed Q, Edholm O. Undulation contributions to the area compressibility in lipid bilayer simulations. Biophys J. 2009;97:2754-60 pubmed publisher..As a byproduct, the bending modulus can be calculated from the slope of the compressibility modulus versus system-size. The values obtained in this way for the bending modulus are then in good agreement with experiment. ..
- Casillas Ituarte N, Chen X, Castada H, Allen H. Na(+) and Ca(2+) effect on the hydration and orientation of the phosphate group of DPPC at air-water and air-hydrated silica interfaces. J Phys Chem B. 2010;114:9485-95 pubmed publisher..These findings show that extrapolation of results obtained from model membranes from liquid surfaces to solid supports may not be warranted since there are differences in headgroup organization on the two subphases. ..
- Ionov M, Tukfatullina I, Salakhutdinov B, Baram N, Bryszewska M, Aripov T. The interaction of PVP complexes of gossypol and its derivatives with an artificial membrane lipid matrix. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2010;15:98-117 pubmed publisher..The latter revealed the change in polarization of the incident radiation caused by the action of the polyphenol on the artificial membrane lipid matrix. ..
- Sakuma Y, Taniguchi T, Imai M. Pore formation in a binary giant vesicle induced by cone-shaped lipids. Biophys J. 2010;99:472-9 pubmed publisher..Using this model, we have reproduced numerically the observed shape deformations at the rim of pore. ..
- Pérez López S, Nieto Suárez M, Mestres C, Alsina M, Haro I, Vila Romeu N. Behaviour of a peptide sequence from the GB virus C/hepatitis G virus E2 protein in Langmuir monolayers: its interaction with phospholipid membrane models. Biophys Chem. 2009;141:153-61 pubmed publisher..The results obtained allow us to argue in favour of considering E2(347-363) a success candidate for developing further experiments in order to determine its potential role in the GBV C/HGV virus/cell membrane fusion process. ..
- Hoang A, Ncokazi K, de Villiers K, Wright D, Egan T. Crystallization of synthetic haemozoin (beta-haematin) nucleated at the surface of lipid particles. Dalton Trans. 2010;39:1235-44 pubmed publisher..The hydrophobic nature of the mature crystal favours an interior transport resulting in crystals aligned parallel to the lipid-water interface and each other, strikingly similar to that seen in malaria parasites. ..
- Ulmschneider M, Doux J, Killian J, Smith J, Ulmschneider J. Mechanism and kinetics of peptide partitioning into membranes from all-atom simulations of thermostable peptides. J Am Chem Soc. 2010;132:3452-60 pubmed publisher..5 mus to 163 ms. High-temperature simulations of experimentally validated thermostable systems suggest a new avenue for systematic exploration of peptide partitioning properties. ..
- Hasanovic A, Hollick C, Fischinger K, Valenta C. Improvement in physicochemical parameters of DPPC liposomes and increase in skin permeation of aciclovir and minoxidil by the addition of cationic polymers. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2010;75:148-53 pubmed publisher..This could be explained as an effect of positively charged liposomes to interact stronger with skin negatively charged surface and their possible interactions with structures below the stratum corneum. ..
- Mitchell S. Indole adsorption to a lipid monolayer studied by optical second harmonic generation. J Phys Chem B. 2009;113:10693-707 pubmed publisher..The analysis also suggests that the plane of indole lies more nearly parallel than perpendicular to the plane of the interface. ..
- Gudmand M, Rocha S, Hatzakis N, Peneva K, Mullen K, Stamou D, et al. Influence of lipid heterogeneity and phase behavior on phospholipase A2 action at the single molecule level. Biophys J. 2010;98:1873-82 pubmed publisher..At the gel domains it was below the experimental time resolution, i.e., enzymes were simply reflected from the gel domains back into solution. ..
- Owen D, Oddos S, Kumar S, Davis D, Neil M, French P, et al. High plasma membrane lipid order imaged at the immunological synapse periphery in live T cells. Mol Membr Biol. 2010;27:178-89 pubmed publisher..The observed spatial patterning of membrane order in the immunological synapse depends on active receptor signalling. ..
- Park J. Sulfatide incorporation effect on mechanical properties of vesicles. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2010;80:59-62 pubmed publisher..The decrease appears to be attributed to the disruption of DPPC headgroup packing, which is caused by the larger hydration shell around the sulfatide headgroup. ..
- Livanec P, Huckabay H, Dunn R. Exploring the effects of sterols in model lipid membranes using single-molecule orientations. J Phys Chem B. 2009;113:10240-8 pubmed publisher..Using the average tilt angle calculated from the single-molecule histograms, the order parameter S is calculated as a function of cholesterol and compared with previous studies.(8-10). ..
- Chono S, Fukuchi R, Seki T, Morimoto K. Aerosolized liposomes with dipalmitoyl phosphatidylcholine enhance pulmonary insulin delivery. J Control Release. 2009;137:104-9 pubmed publisher..Liposomes with DPPC could be useful as a pulmonary delivery system for peptide and protein drugs. ..
- Allen W, Lemkul J, Bevan D. GridMAT-MD: a grid-based membrane analysis tool for use with molecular dynamics. J Comput Chem. 2009;30:1952-8 pubmed publisher..GridMAT-MD can also account for proteins or small molecules within the headgroups of the lipids, closely approximating their occupied lateral area. The program requires no installation, is fast, and is freely available. ..
- Tomasini M, Rinaldi C, Tomassone M. Molecular dynamics simulations of rupture in lipid bilayers. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2010;235:181-8 pubmed publisher..Our estimates indicate that magnetically blocked nanoparticles with diameters larger than 50 nm may result in rupture due to shear. ..
- Nobre T, Pavinatto F, Cominetti M, Selistre de Araujo H, Zaniquelli M, Beltramini L. The specificity of frutalin lectin using biomembrane models. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1798:1547-55 pubmed publisher..This is the first experimental evidence of such lectin effect, and it may be useful to understand the mechanism of action of lectins at the molecular level. ..
- Kashima Y, Okabayashi Y. Development of a rapid and detailed structural identification system with an on-line immobilized enzyme reactor integrated into LC-NMR. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2010;58:423-5 pubmed..The chemical structures of the enzymatic reaction products could be elucidated by IMER-LC-NMR without the need for authentic samples or isolation processes. ..
- Loomis K, Smith B, Feng Y, Garg H, Yavlovich A, Campbell Massa R, et al. Specific targeting to B cells by lipid-based nanoparticles conjugated with a novel CD22-ScFv. Exp Mol Pathol. 2010;88:238-49 pubmed publisher..Taken together these data suggest that these 2nd-generation liposomes may serve as promising carriers for targeted drug delivery to treat patients suffering from B-cell lymphoma. ..
- Broniatowski M, Flasiński M, Dynarowicz Łatka P, Majewski J. Grazing incidence diffraction and X-ray reflectivity studies of the interactions of inorganic mercury salts with membrane lipids in Langmuir monolayers at the air/water interface. J Phys Chem B. 2010;114:9474-84 pubmed publisher..SM is one of the most abundant lipids in neurons shells and therefore can be considered as a target lipid complexing mercury ions...
- Murakami R, Minami A, Mizutani T. Molecular recognition in anisotropic media. Binding of alkylpyridines to amphiphilic zinc porphyrins incorporated in liposomal bilayer membranes. Org Biomol Chem. 2009;7:1437-44 pubmed publisher..Lipid bilayer membranes provide a unique medium for molecular recognition, in which the anisotropy and entropy of the lipid molecules add new features to binding. ..
- Nishimoto M, Hata T, Goto M, Tamai N, Kaneshina S, Matsuki H, et al. Interaction modes of long-chain fatty acids in dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine bilayer membrane: contrast to mode of inhalation anesthetics. Chem Phys Lipids. 2009;158:71-80 pubmed publisher..The present study clearly implies that DPPC bilayer membranes have high ability to recognize kinds of ligand molecules and can discriminate among them with specific interaction by the membrane states. ..
- Man D, Olchawa R, Kubica K. Membrane fluidity and the surface properties of the lipid bilayer: ESR experiment and computer simulation. J Liposome Res. 2010;20:211-8 pubmed publisher..The limited mobility of lipid polar heads (k < 0.2) prevents the appearance of such areas facilitating the penetration of the lipid membrane by alien particles in the gel phase. ..
- Ho Y, Wu M, Cheng B, Chen Y, Shih M. Lipid-mediated preferential localization of hypericin in lipid membranes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1788:1287-95 pubmed publisher..A hypothetical model depicting the intracellular and intravascular co-transport of hypericin and cholesterol because of their high affinity is presented. ..
- Harishchandra R, Saleem M, Galla H. Nanoparticle interaction with model lung surfactant monolayers. J R Soc Interface. 2010;7 Suppl 1:S15-26 pubmed publisher..We also show that the domain structure in lipid layers containing surfactant protein C, which is potentially responsible for the proper functioning of surfactant material, is considerably affected by NPs. ..
- Park Y, Franses E. Effect of a PEGylated lipid on the dispersion stability and dynamic surface tension of aqueous DPPC and on the interactions with albumin. Langmuir. 2010;26:6932-42 pubmed publisher..The results have implications on the use of DPPC or DPPC-based lipids in treating alveolar respiratory diseases without albumin inhibition of their surface tension lowering ability. ..
- Griesbauer J, Wixforth A, Schneider M. Wave propagation in lipid monolayers. Biophys J. 2009;97:2710-6 pubmed publisher..These results therefore strongly support the idea of propagating adiabatic sound waves along nerves as first thoroughly described by Kaufmann in 1989 and recently by Heimburg and Jackson, but already claimed by Wilke in 1912. ..
- Shimanouchi T, Tasaki M, Vu H, Ishii H, Yoshimoto N, Umakoshi H, et al. Abeta/Cu-catalyzed oxidation of cholesterol in 1,2-dipalmitoyl phosphatidylcholine liposome membrane. J Biosci Bioeng. 2010;109:145-8 pubmed publisher..The bound water was pooled by the formation of cholesterol-rich domain within liposomes. The resulting reactivity was enhanced by the proton transfer mediated by the bound water. ..
- Ohta A, Miyazato Y, Sasaki H, Yasuhara K, Asakawa T. Effect of functional groups on incorporation behavior of amino acid-type surfactant into phospholipid vesicle membrane. J Oleo Sci. 2009;58:607-15 pubmed..The molar ratio of bound surfactant to DPPC molecule in the saturated state was much greater than that for sodium dodecyl sulfate system. Further the ratio was not influenced by the structure of the amino acid side chain. ..
- Majewski J, Stec B. X-ray scattering studies of model lipid membrane interacting with purothionin provide support for a previously proposed mechanism of membrane lysis. Eur Biophys J. 2010;39:1155-65 pubmed publisher..Obtained electron density distributions perpendicular to the membrane interface do not show any significant contribution from the adsorbed proteins, further supporting the withdrawal hypothesis. ..
- Juhasz J, Davis J, Sharom F. Fluorescent probe partitioning in giant unilamellar vesicles of 'lipid raft' mixtures. Biochem J. 2010;430:415-23 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate the importance of testing a specific fluorescent probe in a given model membrane system, rather than assuming that it labels a particular lipid phase. ..
- Davis J, Patel S. Charge equilibration force fields for lipid environments: applications to fully hydrated DPPC bilayers and DMPC-embedded gramicidin A. J Phys Chem B. 2009;113:9183-96 pubmed publisher..22 for C27r (TIP3P), and values approaching unity in the membrane interior. Finally, we present results of simulations of gA embedded in a DMPC bilayer using the CHEQ model and discuss structural properties. ..
- Schultz Z, Pazos I, McNeil Watson F, Lewis E, Levin I. Magnesium-induced lipid bilayer microdomain reorganizations: implications for membrane fusion. J Phys Chem B. 2009;113:9932-41 pubmed publisher..The structural reorganizations of the lipid microdomains within the DPPS-DPPC bilayer are interpreted in the context of current concepts regarding lipid bilayer fusion. ..
- Stottrup B, Nguyen A, Tüzel E. Taking another look with fluorescence microscopy: image processing techniques in Langmuir monolayers for the twenty-first century. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1798:1289-300 pubmed publisher..Finally, we highlight the use of Model Convolution Microscopy as a new tool to provide insight on the experimental limits in these studies. ..
- Murray D. The characterization of phospholipid functional group probe species on respirable silicon-containing dusts by solid-state 13C and 31P nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Appl Spectrosc. 2010;64:328-36 pubmed publisher..Care must be taken to ensure that products formed and studied correspond to species formed in vivo under suitable concentration and hydration conditions...
- Kita Tokarczyk K, Itel F, Grzelakowski M, Egli S, Rossbach P, Meier W. Monolayer interactions between lipids and amphiphilic block copolymers. Langmuir. 2009;25:9847-56 pubmed publisher..The results are discussed in terms of the monolayer composition, lipid fluidity, and polymer size. ..
- Li H, Pfefferkorn D, Binder W, Kressler J. Phospholipid langmuir film as template for in situ silica nanoparticle formation at the air/water interface. Langmuir. 2009;25:13328-31 pubmed publisher..A mixture with a molar ratio of TEOS/DPPC of 5000:1 is also placed onto the water surface. DPPC forms a uniform film observed by AFM after film transfer. Silica rich domains can be observed with mesoporous morphology. ..
- Frederick T, Goff P, Mair C, Farver R, Long J, Fanucci G. Effects of the endosomal lipid bis(monoacylglycero)phosphate on the thermotropic properties of DPPC: A 2H NMR and spin label EPR study. Chem Phys Lipids. 2010;163:703-11 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the results demonstrate that BMP mixes with other phospholipids as a phospholipid and not as a detergent molecule as once speculated. ..
- Xing C, Faller R. Density imbalances and free energy of lipid transfer in supported lipid bilayers. J Chem Phys. 2009;131:175104 pubmed publisher..Calculations on unsupported bilayers are used to validate the approach and to determine the barrier to flip-flop in a free membrane. ..
- Apajalahti T, Niemelä P, Govindan P, Miettinen M, Salonen E, Marrink S, et al. Concerted diffusion of lipids in raft-like membranes. Faraday Discuss. 2010;144:411-30; discussion 445-81 pubmed..Finally, the concerted nature of lipid motions is also found in dissipative particle dynamics simulations of lipid membranes, clarifying the role of hydrodynamics (local momentum conservation) in membrane diffusion phenomena. ..