Genomes and Genes
whole body irradiation
Summary: Irradiation of the whole body with ionizing or non-ionizing radiation. It is applicable to humans or animals but not to microorganisms.
Publications261 found, 100 shown here
- Bone marrow and splenic granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and transforming growth factor-beta mRNA levels in irradiated miceC M Chang
Department of Experimental Hematology, Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute, Bethesda, MD 20889 5603, USA
Blood 86:2130-6. 1995..These data suggest that radiation injury to hemopoietic tissues results in differential effects on GM-CSF and TGF-beta mRNA levels and that, in the case of GM-CSF, increased mRNA levels are not matched by increased protein production...
- Thrombopoietin promotes hematopoietic recovery and survival after high-dose whole body irradiationM A Mouthon
Institut de Protection et de Surete Nucleaire, IPSN, Fontenay aux Roses, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 43:867-75. 1999..The therapeutic potential of thrombopoietin (TPO), the major regulator of platelet production, was evaluated for hematopoietic recovery and survival in mice following lethal and supralethal total body irradiation (TBI)...
- Final height of patients who underwent bone marrow transplantation for hematological disorders during childhood: a study by the Working Party for Late Effects-EBMTA Cohen
University Department of Pediatrics, Gaslini Institute, Children s Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Blood 93:4109-15. 1999..Irradiation, male gender and young age at BMT were found to be major factors for long-term height loss. Nevertheless, the majority of patients (140/181) have reached adult height within the normal range of the general population...
- Impact of whole body irradiation and vascular endothelial growth factor-A on increased beta cell mass after bone marrow transplantation in a mouse model of diabetes induced by streptozotocinS Nakayama
Department of Medicine, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Diabetologia 52:115-24. 2009..However, the essential factors for the improvement of hyperglycaemia by bone marrow transplantation have not been fully elucidated. The aim of this study was to search for such factors...
- Endothelial progenitor cell infusion induces hematopoietic stem cell reconstitution in vivoAlice B Salter
Division of Cellular Therapy, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Blood 113:2104-7. 2009..These data demonstrate that allogeneic EPC infusions can augment hematopoiesis and suggest a relationship between BM microvascular recovery and hematopoietic reconstitution in vivo...
- Radiation-induced p53 and p21WAF-1/CIP1 expression in the murine intestinal epithelium: apoptosis and cell cycle arrestJ W Wilson
CRC Epithelial Biology Laboratory, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 153:899-909. 1998..The differential expression of p21WAF-1/CIP1, observed between the large and small bowel and within the small intestinal crypts, is discussed...
- Myeloerythroid-restricted progenitors are sufficient to confer radioprotection and provide the majority of day 8 CFU-SThanyaphong Na Nakorn
Department of Pathology and Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Clin Invest 109:1579-85. 2002....
- Endocrine late effects after bone marrow transplantBernadette M D Brennan
Christie Hospital, NHS Trust, Withington, Manchester, UK
Br J Haematol 118:58-66. 2002
- Acute induction of inflammatory cytokine expression after gamma-irradiation in the rat: effect of an NF-kappaB inhibitorChristine Linard
Institute for Radioprotection and Nuclear Safety IRSN, BP no 17, F 92262 Fontenay aux Roses Cedex, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 58:427-34. 2004..We were specifically interested in evaluating the efficacy of an inhibitor of nuclear transcription factor kappa B (NF-kappaB) activation that is involved in regulating cytokine expression...
- Final adult height of patients who received hematopoietic cell transplantation in childhoodJean E Sanders
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, D5 280, 1100 Fairview Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Blood 105:1348-54. 2005..02) also showed more rapid growth than their counterparts. These data demonstrate that GH therapy improves the final height of young children after fractionated TBI...
- Primary murine MSC show highly efficient homing to the bone marrow but lose homing ability following cultureW J C Rombouts
Department of Haematology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Leukemia 17:160-70. 2003..These data suggest that in vitro propagation of BM-derived MSC dramatically decreases their homing to BM and spleen...
- Distribution of marrow repopulating cells between bone marrow and spleen early after transplantationP Artur Plett
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, 1044 W Walnut Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5254, USA
Blood 102:2285-91. 2003....
- Hematopoietic progenitor stem cell homing in mice lethally irradiated with ionizing radiation at differing dose ratesSpencer J Collis
Department of Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Radiat Res 162:48-55. 2004..Further experiments will be needed to determine whether these homed cells are as capable of giving rise to long-term engraftment/repopulation of the marrow of secondary recipients as they are in irradiated recipients...
- Human in vivo radiation-induced biomarkers: gene expression changes in radiotherapy patientsSally A Amundson
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 64:6368-71. 2004..Additional studies may reveal correlations between responses and either diagnosis or prognosis, and such in vivo validation marks an important step in the development of potentially informative radiation exposure biomarkers...
- Heterogeneity of engrafted bone-lining cells after systemic and local transplantationLiping Wang
Department of Genetics and Developmental Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, 06030, USA
Blood 106:3650-7. 2005..These reagents and imaging protocols will be useful in evaluating other cells having a better progenitor potential than calvarial-derived stromal cells...
- Differential susceptibility of C57BL/6NCr and B6.Cg-Ptprca mice to commensal bacteria after whole body irradiation in translational bone marrow transplant studiesRaimon Duran-Struuck
Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Transl Med 6:10. 2008..The mouse is an important and widely utilized animal model for bone marrow transplant (BMT) translational studies. Here, we document the course of an unexpected increase in mortality of congenic mice that underwent BMT...
- In vivo trafficking, cell cycle activity, and engraftment potential of phenotypically defined primitive hematopoietic cells after transplantation into irradiated or nonirradiated recipientsP Artur Plett
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5254, USA
Blood 100:3545-52. 2002..These results may have important clinical implications in the design of BM transplantation protocols...
- Bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells do not contribute significantly to new vessels during incisional wound healingJoanne E Bluff
UK Centre for Tissue Engineering, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Exp Hematol 35:500-6. 2007..To assess the contribution of bone marrow (BM)-derived endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) to the neovascularisation of cutaneous incisional wounds...
- Late effects of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation for children with acute myeloblastic leukemia in first complete remission: the impact of conditioning regimen without total-body irradiation--a report from the SociÃ©tÃ© FranÃ§aise de Greffe de MoelleG Michel
, Marseille, France
J Clin Oncol 15:2238-46. 1997....
- Immunogenicity of Ly5 (CD45)-antigens hampers long-term engraftment following minimal conditioning in a murine bone marrow transplantation modelR van Os
Department of Radiation Oncology, Brigham and Women's Hospital and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Stem Cells 19:80-7. 2001..Therefore, small immunological differences must be considered when using the Ly5 marker for engraftment...
- Refinement of an orthotopic lung cancer model in the nude ratT H March
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Lung Cancer Program, Albuquerque, NM 87185, USA
Vet Pathol 38:483-90. 2001..The refinements made through our studies have led to the development of an orthotopic lung cancer model that should facilitate the evaluation of novel therapies designed to treat or impede lung cancer development...
- Anti-pressor effects of whole body exposure to static magnetic field on pharmacologically induced hypertension in conscious rabbitsHideyuki Okano
Department of Environmental Health, National Institute of Public Health, Tokyo, Japan
Bioelectromagnetics 24:139-47. 2003....
- Patterns of growth and body proportions after total-body irradiation and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation during childhoodBoudewijn Bakker
Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Pediatr Res 59:259-64. 2006....
- Endocrine complications of hematopoietic stem cell transplantationWassim Chemaitilly
Department of Pediatrics, Schneider Children s Hospital, 269 01 76th Avenue, New Hyde Park, NY 11040, USA
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 36:983-98; ix. 2007..This article focuses on the late endocrine abnormalities that are most commonly observed following successful HSCT, with a special emphasis on pediatric HSCT recipients, for whom long-term follow-up data are increasingly available...
- Mpl ligand prevents lethal myelosuppression by inhibiting p53-dependent apoptosisT I Pestina
Division of Experimental Hematology and the Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
Blood 98:2084-90. 2001....
- Lethal pulmonary complications significantly correlate with individually assessed mean lung dose in patients with hematologic malignancies treated with total body irradiationAldo Della Volpe
Centro Trapianti di Midollo, Ospedale Maggiore di Milano IRCCS, Milano, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 52:483-8. 2002....
- Genistein stimulates hematopoiesis and increases survival in irradiated miceYong Zhou
Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, School of Preventive Medicine, The Third Military Medical University, China
J Radiat Res 46:425-33. 2005..These effects of genistein may have some therapeutic implications for radiation-induced injuries...
- Pretransplant pulmonary function tests predict risk of mortality following fractionated total body irradiation and allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantAnurag K Singh
Radiation Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 66:520-7. 2006..To determine the value of pulmonary function tests (PFTs) done before peripheral blood stem cell transplant (PBSCT) in predicting mortality after total body irradiation (TBI) performed with or without dose reduction to the lung...
- Gamma-ray irradiation stimulates the expression of caveolin-1 and GFAP in rat spinal cord: a study of immunoblot and immunohistochemistryMeejung Ahn
Department of Veterinary Medicine, College of Applied Life Sciences, Cheju National University, Jeju 690 756, Korea
J Vet Sci 7:309-14. 2006..The precise role of caveolin-1 in the spinal cords should be studied further...
- Efficacy of CD34+ stem cell dose in patients undergoing allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation after total body irradiationAnurag K Singh
Radiation Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:339-44. 2007..A method for assessing risk of mortality by CD34(+) dose as a continuous variable is presented. Risk of mortality decreased with CD34(+) doses between 4-8 x 10(6) cells/kg and then began to increase...
- Unrelated-donor bone marrow transplantation with a conditioning regimen including fludarabine, busulfan, and 4 Gy total body irradiationYasushi Onishi
Division of Hematology and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Hematol 85:256-63. 2007..These results suggest that this regimen reduces the risk of graft failure, but further studies are needed to ameliorate transplantation-related toxicities, primarily GVHD and/or pulmonary complications...
- Long-term outcome of unrelated donor transplantation for AML using myeloablative conditioning incorporating pretransplant AlemtuzumabEmma P Das-Gupta
Centre for Clinical Haematology, Nottingham University Hospitals City Campus, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:724-33. 2007..The addition of Alemtuzumab is highly effective in preventing both rejection and severe acute and extensive chronic GVHD without an increased relapse risk...
- Pulmonary function following total body irradiation (with or without lung shielding) and allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantB P Soule
Radiation Biology Branch, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:573-8. 2007..TBI with or without lung dose reduction has a small but statistically significant effect on pulmonary function measured at 1 year but not 2 years post irradiation...
- Ethyl pyruvate, a potentially effective mitigator of damage after total-body irradiationMichael Epperly
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Radiat Res 168:552-9. 2007..EP may be an effective radioprotector and mitigator of the hematopoietic syndrome induced by TBI...
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation after reduced intensity conditioning in acute myelogenous leukemia patients older than 40 yearsCynthia Huisman
Department of Hematology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:181-6. 2008..In conclusion, fludarabine plus low-dose TBI-based RIC HSCT is effective in AML patients over the age of 40 years without active disease at the time of transplant and is associated with low TRM...
- Whole-body X-irradiation induces acute and transient expression of heme oxygenase-1 in rat liverKeiko Suzuki
Redox Regulation Research Group, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Anagawa 4 9 1, Inage Ku, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
J Radiat Res 43:205-10. 2002..Thus, X-rays were confirmed to be stressors that induce acute HO-1 expression transiently in the liver...
- Thyroid dysfunction after bone marrow transplantation for primary immunodeficiency without the use of total body irradiation in conditioningM A Slatter
Department of Paediatric Immunology Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Trust, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:949-53. 2004..Abnormalities of thyroid function including severe primary hypothyroidism may occur post-BMT in children receiving chemotherapy conditioning without TBI. Thyroid function should be assessed regularly in this group of patients...
- Late thyroid toxicity in 153 long-term survivors of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation for acute lymphoblastic leukaemiaC Berger
Service de Pediatrie, CHRU Hôpital Nord, Saint Etienne Cedex, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:991-5. 2005..We concluded that children who undergo BMT for ALL are at a high risk of subsequent thyroid dysfunction...
- Diffuse alveolar hemorrhage and infection-associated alveolar hemorrhage following hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: related and high-risk clinical syndromesNavneet S Majhail
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:1038-46. 2006..28). The pathogenesis of alveolar hemorrhage after HSCT is multifactorial, and we propose that IAH and DAH in HSCT recipients are related clinical syndromes with similar clinical presentation, risks, and associated high mortality...
- Final height in pediatric patients after hyperfractionated total body irradiation and stem cell transplantationW Chemaitilly
Department of Pediatrics, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:29-35. 2007..Final height after hyperfractionated TBI was similar to that reported after fractionated TBI...
- Long-term outcome after bone marrow transplantation for aplastic anemia using cyclophosphamide and total lymphoid irradiation as conditioning regimenYoshihiro Inamoto
Department of Hematology, Japanese Red Cross Nagoya First Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:43-9. 2008..No other secondary malignancies developed after long-term follow-up. Our findings suggest that TLI conditioning is feasible and effective for patients with AA...
- Multiple blood-proteins approach for early-response exposure assessment using an in vivo murine radiation modelNatalia I Ossetrova
Uniformed Services University, Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute, Scientific Research Department, Bethesda, Maryland 20889 5603, USA
Int J Radiat Biol 85:837-50. 2009..The aim was to evaluate the utility of multiple blood-protein biomarkers for early-response assessment of radiation exposure using a murine radiation model system...
- Differential roles of IL-1 and TNF-alpha on graft-versus-host disease and graft versus leukemiaG R Hill
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 104:459-67. 1999..These data highlight the importance of conditioning in GVHD pathophysiology, and demonstrate that TNF-alpha is critical to GVL mediated by donor T cells, whereas IL-1 is not...
- Gastrointestinal cells of IL-7 receptor null mice exhibit increased sensitivity to irradiationL A Welniak
Laboratory of Leukocyte Biology, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Immunol 166:2924-8. 2001..This study describes a novel role of IL-7 in nonhematopoietic tissues...
- CD4 T cell-mediated alloresistance to fully MHC-mismatched allogeneic bone marrow engraftment is dependent on CD40-CD40 ligand interactions, and lasting T cell tolerance is induced by bone marrow transplantation with initial blockade of this pathwayH Ito
Bone Marrow Transplantation Section, Transplantation Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02129, USA
J Immunol 166:2970-81. 2001..Exposure to donor bone marrow allows rapid tolerization of alloreactive CD4 cells when the CD40 pathway is blocked, leading to permanent marrow engraftment and intrathymic tolerization of T cells that develop subsequently...
- Acute graft-vs-host disease: pathobiology and managementH Goker
Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplantation Program, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Exp Hematol 29:259-77. 2001....
- Comparison of total body irradiation vs busulfan in combination with cyclophosphamide as conditioning for unrelated stem cell transplantation in CML patientsN Kroger
Bone Marrow Transplantation, University Hospital Hamburg, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 27:349-54. 2001..Longer follow-up is necessary to determine the late relapse rate and late toxicity...
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation from partially mismatched related donors as therapy for primary induction failure acute myeloid leukemiaK Y Chiang
Division of Transplantation Medicine, South Carolina Cancer Center, Palmetto Richland Memorial Hospital, Columbia, SC 29203, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 27:507-10. 2001..54 and 0.19, respectively. We concluded that a PMRD graft is a viable option, comparable to the use of matched related or unrelated donors, in patients with PIF AML in whom time is of the essence...
- Allogeneic bone marrow cells that facilitate complete chimerism and eliminate tumor cells express both CD8 and T-cell antigen receptor-alphabetaF Lan
Department of Medicine, Division of Immunology and Rheumatology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Blood 97:3458-65. 2001..Thus, the resident allogeneic bone marrow CD8(+) TCRalphabeta+ T cells had the unique capacity to eliminate the host lymphohematopoietic cells without nonlymphohematopoietic tissue injury. (Blood. 2001;97:3458-3465)..
- Stem cell engraftment strategiesP J Quesenberry
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 938:54-61; discussion 61-2. 2001..Homing is probably also plastic. Marked fluctuations in engraftment capacity are also seen at different points in marrow circadian rhythm...
- Donor and recipient pretransplant conditioning with nonlethal radiation and antilymphocyte serum improves the graft survival in a rat small bowel transplant modelA Bakonyi
Department of Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, FL33136, USA
Transplantation 72:983-8. 2001....
- Effects of extending the duration of postgrafting immunosuppression and substituting granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor-mobilized peripheral blood mononuclear cells for marrow in allogeneic engraftment in a nonmyeloablative canine transplantation modelJ M Zaucha
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Washington, Seattle 98109-1024, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 7:513-6. 2001..11). However, increasing the duration of posttransplantation immunosuppression with CSP from 35 to 100 days favorably influenced stable donor engraftment (P = .06)...
- Donor cell-derived acute myeloid leukemia developing 14 months after matched unrelated bone marrow transplantation for chronic myeloid leukemiaL Hambach
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Hannover Medical School, Carl-Neuberg-Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 28:705-7. 2001..Nine months after the second transplant the patient is at home and in CR. T cell chimerism was studied by sex chromosome analysis and revealed complete female donor chimerism...
- Durable engraftment of major histocompatibility complex-incompatible cells after nonmyeloablative conditioning with fludarabine, low-dose total body irradiation, and posttransplantation cyclophosphamideL Luznik
Division of Hematopoiesis, Hematologic Malignancies, and Pediatric Oncology, Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Blood 98:3456-64. 2001..These results indicate that stable engraftment of MHC-incompatible cells can be induced after fludarabine-based, nonmyeloablative conditioning and that it serves as a platform for adoptive immunotherapy with donor lymphocyte infusions...
- The gut mucosa barrier is preserved during allogeneic, haemopoietic stem cell transplantation with reduced intensity conditioningJ E Johansson
Department of Haematology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, , , Sweden
Bone Marrow Transplant 28:737-42. 2001..05). The finding of preserved intestinal-barrier function during allogeneic HSCT with RIC is discussed, with reference to the hypothesis that GI tract damage may be an important initiating event of GVHD...
- Remission of severe, intractable autoimmune haemolytic anaemia following matched unrelated donor transplantationG Pratt
Yorkshire Regional Centre for Paediatric Oncology and Haematology, St James's University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Bone Marrow Transplant 28:791-3. 2001..This case report highlights the fact that it is possible for haemolysis to resolve post transplant even after years of immunosuppressive therapy...
- Standard versus alternative myeloablative conditioning regimens in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for high-risk acute leukemiaAndrea Mengarelli
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, Universita La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Haematologica 87:52-8. 2002..To analyze the results of standard versus alternative myeloablative conditioning regimens in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for high-risk acute leukemia...
- Non-endocrine late complications of bone marrow transplantation in childhood: part IAlison D Leiper
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, UK
Br J Haematol 118:3-22. 2002
- Hormone replacement therapy and chronic graft-versus-host disease activity in women treated with bone marrow transplantation for hematologic malignanciesEnrico Balleari
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Genova and San Martino Hospital, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 966:187-92. 2002..According to present data, HRT did not appear to influence the activity of cGVHD in young women who underwent ABMT for hematological malignancies. Therefore, we can safely propose this therapy for women with gonadal failure after ABMT...
- Combined effects of calcineurin inhibitors or sirolimus with anti-CD40L mAb on alloengraftment under nonmyeloablative conditionsPatricia A Taylor
University of Minnesota Cancer Center, Division of Bone Marrow Transplantation, 420 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 100:3400-7. 2002..These data have clinical relevance and indicate that immunosuppressive pharmacologic agents enhance anti-CD40L mAb-facilitated alloengraftment and tolerance induction under nonmyeloablative conditioning...
- Donor chimerism and stem cell function in a murine congenic transplantation model after low-dose radiation conditioning: effects of a retroviral-mediated gene transfer protocol and implications for gene therapyW Scott Goebel
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research and Department of Pediatrics, Hematology Oncology, James Whitcomb Riley Hospital for Children, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Exp Hematol 30:1324-32. 2002..We investigated low-dose radiation conditioning for the transplantation of retrovirus-transduced cells in a C57Bl6/J murine model...
- Optimal protocol for total body irradiation for allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in miceY Z Cui
First Department of Pathology, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:843-9. 2002..In all the combinations, the highest survival rate was achieved in the recipients irradiated with (6+6) or (6.5+6.5) Gy with a 4 h interval. In the surviving mice, the hematolymphoid tissues had been fully reconstituted with donor cells...
- Factors affecting antibody levels after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantationJan Storek
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Blood 101:3319-24. 2003....
- Donor T-lymphocyte infusion for unrelated allogeneic bone marrow transplantation with CD3+ T-cell-depleted graftC K Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, The University of Iowa, IA, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:121-8. 2003..Although the incidence of relapse was low, the study suggests that the current scheme of DLI in unrelated TCD-BMT would not improve survival unless TRM decreases significantly...
- Prognostic value of cyclic GMP in patients undergoing allogeneic bone marrow transplantation after conditioning with total body irradiationH Takatsuka
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Hyogo College of Medicine, Hyogo, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:905-8. 2003..These results suggest that monitoring cGMP from early after BMT may be useful for predicting outcome and that it may be a useful prognostic marker...
- Low-dose total body irradiation, fludarabine, and antithymocyte globulin conditioning for nonmyeloablative allogeneic transplantationCelia Grosskreutz
Bone Marrow Transplantation Service, Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York 10029, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 9:453-9. 2003..As in other series of truly nonmyeloablative transplantation, a high rate of relapse was observed. Donor engraftment may be facilitated by the addition of ATG to low-dose TBI and fludarabine conditioning...
- Randomized trial of busulfan vs total body irradiation containing conditioning regimens for children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium studyN Bunin
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:543-8. 2003..3). However, for URD, EFS was 20% for Bu and 57% for TBI (P=0.04). Relapses were similar in both arms. This randomized prospective study suggests that Bu is inferior to TBI for pediatric patients with ALL undergoing allogeneic SCT...
- Male predominance among Japanese adult patients with late-onset hemorrhagic cystitis after hematopoietic stem cell transplantationY Asano
Department of Cell Therapy and Transplantation Medicine, University of Tokyo Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:1175-9. 2003..Male predominance was detected in LHC after HSCT, as has been previously shown in children with AdV-induced acute HC. The detection of AdV DNA in serum did not predict a poor outcome...
- Etiology and outcome of graft failure in pediatric hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipientsPaul Woodard
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 25:955-9. 2003..To determine the incidence, etiology and outcome of graft failure in pediatric allogeneic bone marrow transplant (BMT) recipients...
- Successful allogeneic leg transplantation in rats in conjunction with intra-bone marrow injection of donor bone marrow cellsTakashi Esumi
First Department of Pathology, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi City, Osaka, Japan
Transplantation 76:1543-8. 2003..Furthermore, the prior injection of fludarabine can reduce the irradiation dose to the sublethal level (4.5 Gy x 2). Therefore, we hypothesize that IBM-BMT plus fludarabine is applicable to allogeneic leg transplantation in rats...
- Feasibility of reduced intensity hematopoietic stem cell transplantation from an HLA-matched unrelated donorE Kusumi
Department of Hematology, Toranomon Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:697-702. 2004..0737). This study supports the feasibility of RIST from MUD; however, procedure-related toxicities remain significant in its application to patients...
- Host conditioning is a primary determinant in modulating the effect of IL-7 on murine graft-versus-host diseaseMaria Gendelman
Bone Marrow Transplant Program, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Immunol 172:3328-36. 2004..We conclude that host conditioning modulates the ability of exogenous IL-7 to exacerbate GVHD and that this occurs through induction of endogenous IL-7 production...
- Predictors of oral mucositis in patients receiving hematopoietic cell transplants for chronic myelogenous leukemiaKim Robien
Cancer Prevention Research Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:1268-75. 2004..The objective of this study was to evaluate factors predicting oral mucositis severity among 133 patients undergoing allogeneic HCT for chronic myelogenous leukemia...
- Thiotepa/cyclophosphamide/TBI as a conditioning regimen for allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in patients with myelodysplastic syndromeK Fujimaki
First Department of Internal Medicine, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:789-92. 2004..One patient died of leukemia and six of treatment-related causes. This conditioning regimen requires further study in patients with MDS...
- Outcomes of adults with acute myelogenous leukemia in remission given 550 cGy of single-exposure total body irradiation, cyclophosphamide, and unrelated donor bone marrow transplantsC Hallemeier
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 10:310-9. 2004..This low-dose (550 cGy), single-exposure TBI-based regimen resulted in good survival and a low risk of fatal regimen-related organ toxicity in adult patients with AML who underwent unrelated donor bone marrow transplantation in CR...
- Effects of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation on pulmonary function in 80 children in a single paediatric centreB Bruno
Department of Paediatric Haematology, Debrousse Hospital, Lyon, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 34:143-7. 2004..The relevance of this finding to selection of conditioning regimens for BMT should be examined in the light of the overall pattern of side effects. Chronic GVHD was associated with airway obstruction...
- Thiotepa and fractionated TBI conditioning prior to allogeneic stem cell transplantation for advanced hematologic malignancies: a phase II single institution trialM P Devetten
University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 34:577-80. 2004..The 3-year event-free survival was 13% and overall survival 14%. We conclude that this regimen requires modification to reduce toxicity...
- Reduced-intensity conditioning using TBI (8 Gy), fludarabine, cyclophosphamide and ATG in elderly CML patients provides excellent results especially when performed in the early course of the diseaseM Weisser
Clinical Cooperative Group for Haematopoietic Cell Transplantation, Department of Medicine III, University of Munich, Klinikum Grosshadern, Marchioninistr 5, 81377 Munich, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 34:1083-8. 2004..049), emphasizing the benefit of early transplantation. Stepwise reduction of conditioning intensity resulted in stable engraftment, low relapse rates and encouraging overall survival in this high-risk patient group...
- [Experimental research on effects of different T cell ratios of graft to receptor on severity of GVHD after allo-stem cell transplantation]Xiao Dong He
Department of Radiation Oncology and Hyperthermia Center, Shanghai Municipal Pneumology Hospital, Shanghai 200 433, P R China
Ai Zheng 24:58-61. 2005..This study was to set up rat allo-stem cell transplantation model, and explore effects of different T cell ratios of graft to receptor on severity of GVHD...
- Comparison of ARF after myeloablative and nonmyeloablative hematopoietic cell transplantationChirag R Parikh
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 45:502-9. 2005..The present study compares the incidence of ARF between patients undergoing concurrent myeloablative and nonmyeloablative HCT in the same period at the same institution...
- Hematopoietic cell transplantation from HLA-identical sibling donors after low-dose radiation-based conditioning for treatment of CMLF R Kerbauy
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Leukemia 19:990-7. 2005..The 2-year survival estimates for patients in CP1 (n=14) and beyond CP1 (n=10) were 70 and 56%, respectively. This study shows encouraging remission rates for patients with CML not eligible for conventional allografting...
- What role is there for antithymocyte globulin in allogeneic nonmyeloablative canine hematopoietic cell transplantation?Razvan Diaconescu
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:335-44. 2005..82 (P = .09). We concluded that administering ATG before an otherwise suboptimal conditioning dose of 1 Gy of TBI failed to secure uniform stable hematopoietic engraftment...
- Unrelated bone marrow transplantation for high-risk anaplastic large cell lymphoma in pediatric patients: a single center case seriesS Cesaro
Clinic of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 3, 35128 Padua, Italy
Eur J Haematol 75:22-6. 2005..tumor effect...
- Myeloablative allografting for chronic lymphocytic leukemia: evidence for a potent graft-versus-leukemia effect associated with graft-versus-host diseaseC L Toze
Division of Hematology, Leukemia BMT Program of British Columbia, Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Centre, BC Cancer Agency and University of BC, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:825-30. 2005..There is evidence for a strong graft-versus-leukemia effect associated with acute and chronic GVHD, resulting in near complete protection from relapse...
- Allogeneic haematopoietic cell transplantation for chronic myelogenous leukaemia in the era of imatinib: a retrospective multicentre studyMartin Bornhauser
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Universitatsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany
Eur J Haematol 76:9-17. 2006....
- [Transplant of hemopoietic progenitors]J J Rifón
Servivio de Hematología y Area de Terapia Celular, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
An Sist Sanit Navar 29:137-51. 2006....
- Impact of conditioning regimen intensity on outcome of allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for advanced acute myelogenous leukemia and myelodysplastic syndromeEdwin P Alyea
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:1047-55. 2006..These results suggest that NST is a reasonable alternative for patients with advanced AML and MDS at high risk for complications after myeloablative transplantation...
- Comparable outcomes of matched-related and alternative donor stem cell transplantation for pediatric severe aplastic anemiaAlana A Kennedy-Nasser
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, The Methodist Hospital and Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:1277-84. 2006..We conclude that, for children with SAA, AD transplantation is as effective as MSD transplantation. Further, compared with ATG, preparatory regimens containing Campath may be associated with a lower incidence of extensive, chronic GHVD...
- Total body irradiation and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-combined high-dose cytarabine as a conditioning regimen in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for advanced myelodysplastic syndrome: a single-institute experienceT Mori
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 39:217-21. 2007..These results suggest that G-CSF-combined high-dose cytarabine could be a promising component of the conditioning regimen of allogeneic HSCT for advanced MDS, providing a low incidence of both relapse and treatment-related mortality...
- Fludarabine vs cladribine plus busulfan and low-dose TBI as reduced intensity conditioning for allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: a prospective randomized trialM Markova
Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 39:193-9. 2007..6 (95% CI 0.2-1.3) P=0.16) and with URD RR 0.4 (0.2-1.0) P=0.04). Older patients with advanced hematologic malignancies achieve satisfactory outcomes using either of these reduced intensity conditioning regimens...
- Long-term renal function following bone marrow transplantationM H Grönroos
Department of Pediatrics, Turku University Central Hospital, Turku, Finland
Bone Marrow Transplant 39:717-23. 2007..We suggest that tests of renal function should be included in long-term followup after BMT...
- Long-term outcomes after reduced-intensity conditioning allogeneic stem cell transplantation for low-grade lymphoma: a survey by the French Society of Bone Marrow Graft Transplantation and Cellular Therapy (SFGM-TC)Stephane Vigouroux
Service d Hematologie Clinique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Pontchaillou, Rennes, France
Haematologica 92:627-34. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine the outcome of patients with LGL treated with RIC allogeneic SCT...
- HLA-identical haematopoietic stem cell transplantation for acute leukaemia in children: less relapse with higher biologically effective dose of TBIA J Willemze
Division of Immunology, Hematology, Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation and Autoimmune Diseases, Department of Paediatrics, Leiden University Medical Centre, Albinusdreef 2, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:319-27. 2007..034) and increased overall survival. AML patients with acute GVHD got no relapse (P=0.02); this was not the case in ALL patients. Fractionated TBI regimens with higher BED should be evaluated in prospective studies...
- Long-term follow-up of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation for patients with chronic phase chronic myeloid leukemia prepared with a regimen consisting of cyclophosphamide, cytarabine and single-dose total body irradiation conditioningY Zaretsky
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, University of Toronto Allogeneic Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:423-30. 2007..In an era when imatinib is first line therapy, this regimen offers a potentially low-toxicity, highly successful alternative in the event of poor imatinib response...
- Infectious complications in chronic graft-versus-host disease: a retrospective study of 145 recipients of allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation with reduced- and conventional-intensity conditioning regimensS Yamasaki
Division of Hematology Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Transpl Infect Dis 10:252-9. 2008..The present results suggest that infections associated with cGVHD, especially after high-dose prednisolone, are predictive of poor outcome regardless of whether the patient received RIC or CIC...
- Amifostine prior to lethal irradiation prevents allogeneic bone marrow engraftment in miceJ S Thompson
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Lexington, KY, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:927-34. 2008..Taken together, these data caution the use of amifostine in allogeneic transplantation...
- Excellent outcome of allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation using a conditioning regimen with medium-dose VP-16, cyclophosphamide and total-body irradiation for adult patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaAkio Shigematsu
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:568-75. 2008..Medium-dose VP/CY/TBI for adult ALL patients was associated with lower relapse rate and no increase in toxicity, resulting in better survival...
- HLA-haploidentical bone marrow transplantation for hematologic malignancies using nonmyeloablative conditioning and high-dose, posttransplantation cyclophosphamideLeo Luznik
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:641-50. 2008..02). Nonmyeloablative HLA-haploidentical BMT with posttransplantation Cy is associated with acceptable rates of fatal graft failure and severe aGVHD or cGVHD...
- Long-term follow-up of allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for de novo acute myelogenous leukemia with a conditioning regimen of total body irradiation and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-combined high-dose cytarabineTakehiko Mori
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:651-7. 2008..These results suggest that G-CSF-combined high-dose cytarabine could be a promising component of the conditioning regimen for allogeneic HSCT for AML, providing a high DFS and low TRM...
- Progress toward production of immunologic tolerance with no or minimal toxic immunosuppression for prevention of immunodeficiency and autoimmune diseasesR A Good
Department of Pediatrics, University of South Florida All Children s Hospital, St Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
World J Surg 24:797-810. 2000..this gentle manipulation include two forms of diabetes: insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM) type I in NOD mice and non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) type II in KK/Ay mice, atherosclerosis of apolipoprotein-E + kno..
- [Therapeutic efficacy of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in patients with chronic myelogenous leukemia]Qi Fa Liu
Department of Hematology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 24:1227-9, 1241. 2004..To evaluate the clineffects of autologous and allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) for chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML)...
- Lauren Endres; Fiscal Year: 2014..Overall, these findings will form the basis of future studies into Abh8 regulation during the DDR. ..
- Controlling Radiation Injury by TLR5 AgonistsAndrei V Gudkov; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed experiments will provide essential mechanistic insight into the previously observed radio-protective and -mitigative effects of CBLB502. ..
- Oliver W Press; Fiscal Year: 2014..We therefore anticipate rapid translation of the optimized promising pretargeted RIT into our clinical RIT HCT program for AML and MDS. ..
- Novel Hematopoietic Conditioning Agents for Treatment of Hematological DiseasesOlga B Chernova; Fiscal Year: 2010..The development of hematopoietic-specific conditioning agents should provide a less toxic alternative to current regimens and, thus, has major implications for patients receiving HSCT for the treatment of hematological diseases. ..
- Organismal Radioprotection Through Pharmacological QuiescenceJOHN S CHANT; Fiscal Year: 2010..G-Zero Therapeutics is developing drugs which can be stockpiled and easily administered following such an attack to protect the bone marrow from the damaging effects of radiation. ..
- Transplantation tolerance and immune function following mTOR inhibition.Jonathan D Powell; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is hoped that the results of this study will allow safer application of this curative therapy to a greater number of patients and aid in improving tolerogenic therapy for autoimmunity and solid organ transplantation as well. ..
- Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation and Iron OverloadH Joachim Deeg; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Development of Human, Autologous, Pluripotent Very Small Embryonic Like (VSELs) sDENIS OVEREND RODGERSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..as the murine VSELs and are able to reverse the loss of the hemato/lymphopoietic system resulting from whole body irradiation. Importantly, unlike the development of medicinal products which must undergo extensive preclinical ..
- John H Sampson; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells To Mitigate and Treat Cutaneous Injury Following RadiationWilliam H McBride; Fiscal Year: 2010..To cover wide areas of radiation-induced burns, we will add MSCs on FMBs to natural collagen sheets as a form of biological dressing. ..
- Ciprofloxacin enhances DNA repair capacity after radiation combined injuryJULIANN GONG KIANG; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Donald F Hunt; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Dipanjan Chowdhury; Fiscal Year: 2016..Overall the goal is to build on our preliminary studies and establish miRNA signatures that predict radiation injury to allow for timely and appropriate treatment of radiation victims. ..
- Anti-melanoma Activity of Combined Lymphopenia and ImmunotherapyShari Pilon-Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2012..These finding could have significant translation to human clinical immunotherapeutic trials. ..
- MEETHA M MEDHORA; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have organized an efficient as well as responsive research plan, team of experts and well trained personnel to meet our goals. ..
- Oliver W Press; Fiscal Year: 2015..We anticipate that the investigations described in this application will allow us to maximize the therapeutic efficacy and minimize the toxicity of myeloablative RIT for hematologic malignancies. ..
- Post-Irradiation Intervention to Mitigate and Treat Non Hematological RadiationJOHN MOULDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..The Projects will be supported by an Irradiation Core and a SOD/Catalase Mimetic Core;and the Center will also contain a Pilot Grant Program and a Teaching and Education Program). ..
- TAS::75 0849::TASWenlin Deng; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- A gene therapy for bacterial translocation in mice with whole body irradiationFujio Suzuki; Fiscal Year: 2010..The objective of this project is to develop a new gene therapy to mitigate sepsis stemming from bacterial translocation in mice irradiated with whole body gamma- rays. ..
- Fatih M Uckun; Fiscal Year: 2015..The successful completion of this research project may provide the foundation for therapeutic innovation against childhood leukemia. ..
- Prediction Model: Breast Cancer in Women Irradiated for a Pediatric MalignancyChaya Moskowitz; Fiscal Year: 2013..This risk prediction model has the potential to facilitate conversations between physicians and patients and to help refine current screening recommendations for female survivors of a pediatric cancer. ..
- Treatment with KZ-41 and OTP promotes wound healing in a radiation combined injurMOSTAFA GABER; Fiscal Year: 2009..OTP will work to increase survival and that KZ-41 will arrest the wound/radiation-induced inflammation allowing the wound to progress through the normal healing process. ..
- Beclomethasone post exposure therapy for gastrointestinal acute radiation syndromOreola Donini; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this project, we are proposing evaluation of orally administered BDP in beagle dogs with a focus on intervention at least 24 hours after lethal total body irradiation (TBI). ..
- John P Chute; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Treatment with KZ-41 and OTP promotes wound healing in a radiation combined injurDuane D Miller; Fiscal Year: 2012..4. We will optimize chemical parameters of our novel agents to ensure ease of use (such oral delivery). ..
- Radiation Dose-Dependent InterventionsGeorge Earl Georges; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Mitigation of Radiation-Induced Lung Injury in the Dog ModelRichard A Nash; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Role of p38 MAPK in HSC Self-Renewal and Radiation-Induced Bone Marrow InjuryDaohong Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Susanta K Hui; Fiscal Year: 2015..Adaptive TBMI has the potential for better disease control, reduced disease recurrence and increased patient survival, consistent with the well-established NIH scientific mission. ..
- James A Lederer; Fiscal Year: 2016..Collectively, the results of these studies will provide pre-clinical data for translating CpG ODNs as effective medical countermeasures for treating to the variety of injuries that could occur following a nuclear event. ..
- ERIC JESSEN CHOW; Fiscal Year: 2015..Completion of these aims will provide the candidate with the necessary skills, experience, and preliminary data to launch an independent research program. ..
- Elucidating the role of T-regs in engraftment, GVHD, and DLI immunotherapyChristene A Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long-term goal of these studies is to translate promising nontoxic HCT protocols using parental donors to replace diseased blood cells and cure genetic blood disorders in children. ..
- Nelson J Chao; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Studies on the role of IL-23p19/IL-17 cascade in the pathogenesis of acute GVHDJOHN SECORD THOMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed studies are to investigate a new approach to minimize GVHD ..
- Development of safe and efficient gene therapy strategies for hemoglobinopathiesHans Peter Kiem; Fiscal Year: 2013..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: We propose to develop safer and more clinically applicable gene therapy treatment plans for genetic diseases in blood-forming stem cells, especially for defects in red blood cells which carry oxygen. ..
- Fujio Suzuki; Fiscal Year: 2016..For IND application, the publication and presentation of experimental data, as well as the preparation of protocol for clinical testing will be completed in the final year. GLP safety and toxicology testing, will be completed at CPDF. ..
- LISA MADALEN NISWANDER; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Image guided X-ray irradiator for biomedical researchCharles A Pelizzari; Fiscal Year: 2010..J. Halpern);(2) investigation of mechanisms of radiation-induced lung injury (Joe G.N. Garcia);(3) investigation of the role of NFkB in therapy of gliomas (B. Yamini). ..
- Development of Cysteamine as a Medical Radiation CountermeasureJohn L Zenk; Fiscal Year: 2010..Humanetics is working to develop the small stable molecule BIO 600 as a radioprotective countermeasure to protect people from death due to the lethal effects of ARS. ..
- COURTNEY JO FLEENOR; Fiscal Year: 2014..The proposed research will help the National Cancer Institute fulfill their mission to support cancer research and training in the fundamental sciences. ..
- Albert J Fornace; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Centers for Medical Countermeasures Against RadiationALAN D ANDREA; Fiscal Year: 2009..The program is designed to accelerate the development of new medical applications in the field of countermeasures against radiation. ..
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES (BASIC)Vadim Krivokrysenko; Fiscal Year: 2009..The success of this program will enable further studies needed to accumulate the evidence necessary to advance CBL8502 10 inclusion in clinical trials of cancer therapy. ..
- Development of ACE Inhibitor as Countermeasure for Radiation-Induced Lung InjuryMEETHA M MEDHORA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our aims are designed to satisfy the goal of this RFA to accelerate research and development of promising medical products, for mitigation and treatment of radiation-induced pulmonary injury. ..
- Novel Cutaneous Radiation Injury CountermeasuresLouis D Falo; Fiscal Year: 2010..These in vitro living human skin studies are designed as a direct prelude to in vivo clinical testing and eventual clinical application of these novel strategies to prevent or mitigate radiation induced skin damage. ..
- Nonmyeloablative Allografting for Immunodeficiency & Other Nonmalignant DisordersLAURI M BURROUGHS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Information gained from these studies will be particularly important for patients with nonmalignant disorders. ..
- Strategies to Enhance Lymphoid Recovery After Radiation-Induced InjuryMarcel R m van den Brink; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will now test the application of these strategies as treatment for victims of radiation injury. ..
- A(1-7)-Mediated Mitigation of Radiation Induced ThrombocytopeniaKathleen E Rodgers; Fiscal Year: 2010..With the threat of accidental or deliberate exposure of large populations to ionizing radiation, mitigation of side effects of such exposure, such as thrombocytopenia, that cause high degrees of morbidity and mortality is of importance. ..
- Homeostatic proliferation and regulatory T cell depletion as cancer immunotherapyJustin P Kline; Fiscal Year: 2012..Enhancing on his early training in both clinical and basic scientific research, Dr. Kline expects to build the necessary expertise required for a career in translational cancer immunotherapy research. ..
- Negative Effects of Irradiated Hosts on Transplanted Hematopoietic Stem CellsTao Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2012..Results from our proposed studies will yield novel strategies for enhancing the engraftment efficiency of transplanted HSCs in irradiated recipients. ..
- Purchase and installation of X-Rad 320 Biological irradiator for USC Keck SchoolColin K Hill; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Human Ghrelin As An Effective Mitigator of Acute Radiation InjuryWeng Lang Yang; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our ultimate goal (SBIR Phase II and beyond) is to obtain commercial utilization of human ghrelin as a safe and effective mitigator for people with acute radiation injury. ..
- Joanne B Weidhaas; Fiscal Year: 2016..In brief, the UCLA-CMCR has made great progress and has developed many promising avenues for future exploration. ..
- Improving Gastrointestinal Recovery after RadiationGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gabor J Tigyi; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our unique resources and experience with the development of OTP provide us with qualifications to take the RP239 lead on a development path that will qualify this new radiomitigator for fast tracking by the FDA under the animal rule. ..
- James Palis; Fiscal Year: 2016..Taken together, our proposed collaborative, mechanistic studies will bring forward PGE2, a promising new agent with an established safety profile, for use in mitigating both acute and late effects of radiation exposure. ..
- Minimizing mass panic with saliva tests for radiation exposureAmanda G Paulovich; Fiscal Year: 2012..Because many individuals will not have been exposed, this will dramatically decrease the number of individuals requiring more intensive intervention from the health care system. ..
- Donor CD8+ cell facilitates mixed chimerism in NOD miceDefu Zeng; Fiscal Year: 2005..However, this procedure requires whole body irradiation (TBI) conditioning of the recipients...
- Stem Cell Transplantation for Treatment of Autoimmune DiseasesKeith Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Stem Cell Transplantation for Treatment of Autoimmune DiseasesKeith M Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Stem cell gene therapy for canine hemophiliaFriedrich Schuening; Fiscal Year: 2002..The outlined studies will address important problems of current gene transfer efforts and, if successful, will facilitate future gene therapy of hemophilia and other diseases in man. ..
- IGF::OT::IGF R&D- MEDICAL: BIOMEDICAL (BASIC RESEARCH)DEVELPOMENT OF RLIP76 FOR Charles Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, in Specific Aim #3, systemic absorption of mucosally-applied RLIP76-PL will be investigated to guide future studies in a tumor model to establish that RLIP76-PL is not tumor-protective. ..
- MECHANISMS OF RADIATION SUPPRESSED CORNEAL ANGIOGENESISMARK SCROGGS; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- Ciprofloxacin enhances DNA repair capacity after radiation combined injuryJULIANN KIANG; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Cytokines for Immune Protection from Acute IrradiationGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2005..The secondary endpoint is immune reconstitution. Upon study completion, we will have identified the optimal cytokine treatment and the highest dose of TBI that can be reliably survived without HSC support. ..
- Immunosupression-Resistant Gene Modified Donor T CellsGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results from these studies have the strong potential to be directly translated to future gene therapy clinical trials. ..
- STEM CELLS AND ACCESSORY CELLS IN PERIPHERAL BLOODBeverly Torok Storb; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our final goal is to use the G-PBMC product to establish a non-toxic conditioning regimen to achieve stable mixed chimerism in haploidentical donor/recipient pairs. ..
- Radioimmunotherapy of Acute LeukemiaEneida Nemecek; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Angiogenesis Following StrokePatrick Lyden; Fiscal Year: 2006..Influence the Growth of New Microvessls? We will block macrophage entry into the brain by depleting them (whole body irradiation) or inhibiting them (colchicine/chloroquine), and expect to see a marked reduction of both macrophages and ..
- Non Myeloablative Histoincompatible Stem Cell TransplantChangqing Xun; Fiscal Year: 2002..The long- term goals are to carry out translational studies that will lead to improvements in the treatment of cancer and other diseases with stem cell transplantation. ..
- Gene Modified Donor T Cell Infusion into Mixed ChimerasGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2003..If successful, this study could translate into improved control of the GVH reaction and improved survival after allogeneic HCT. ..