Summary: Synthetic organic reactions that use reactions between unsaturated molecules to form cyclical products.
- Sherratt A, Rouleau Y, Luebbert C, Strmiskova M, Veres T, Bidawid S, et al. Rapid Screening and Identification of Living Pathogenic Organisms via Optimized Bioorthogonal Non-canonical Amino Acid Tagging. Cell Chem Biol. 2017;24:1048-1055.e3 pubmed publisher..The methods reported allow for the very rapid screening and identification of living pathogenic organisms. ..
- Longin O, van de Langemheen H, Liskamp R. An orthogonally protected CycloTriVeratrylene (CTV) as a highly pre-organized molecular scaffold for subsequent ligation of different cyclic peptides towards protein mimics. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:5008-5015 pubmed publisher..This approach may find wide applications for development of protein-protein interaction disruptors as well as synthetic vaccines. ..
- Song M, Cao C, He Q, Dong Q, Li D, Tang J, et al. Constructing novel dihydrofuran and dihydroisoxazole analogues of isocombretastatin-4 as tubulin polymerization inhibitors through [3+2] reactions. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:5290-5302 pubmed publisher..In addition, molecular docking studies showed that two chiral isomers of 6g can bind efficiently and similarly at colchicine binding site of tubulin. ..
- Yakushiji F, Muguruma K, Hayashi Y, Shirasaka T, Kawamata R, Tanaka H, et al. Click strategy using disodium salts of amino acids improves the water solubility of plinabulin and KPU-300. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:3623-3630 pubmed publisher..With this flexibility, we are approaching to the in vivo study using water-soluble derivative. ..
- Zhong W, Bobbink F, Fei Z, Dyson P. Polyimidazolium Salts: Robust Catalysts for the Cycloaddition of Carbon Dioxide into Carbonates in Solvent-Free Conditions. ChemSusChem. 2017;10:2728-2735 pubmed publisher..The polymer catalysts exhibit long-term stability and may be recycled and reused at least 10?times. ..
- Ghannay S, Bakari S, Ghabi A, Kadri A, Msaddek M, Aouadi K. Stereoselective synthesis of enantiopure N-substituted pyrrolidin-2,5-dione derivatives by 1,3-dipolar cycloaddition and assessment of their in vitro antioxidant and antibacterial activities. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:2302-2307 pubmed publisher..Finally, the preliminary results obtained from this investigation attempted to clarify if the structurally different side chains of active compounds interfere with their biological properties. ..
- Singh A, Viljoen A, Kremer L, Kumar V. Azide-alkyne cycloaddition en route to 4-aminoquinoline-ferrocenylchalcone conjugates: synthesis and anti-TB evaluation. Future Med Chem. 2017;9:1701-1708 pubmed publisher..of a series of 4-aminoquinoline-ferrocenylchalcone conjugates via Cu-promoted Huisgen's azide-alkyne cycloaddition reaction and evaluation of their antitubercular activities against mc26230 strain of Mycobacterium ..
- Mali P, Shirsat P, Khomane N, Nayak L, Nanubolu J, Meshram H. 1,3-Dipolar Cycloaddition Reactions for the Synthesis of Novel Oxindole Derivatives and Their Cytotoxic Properties. ACS Comb Sci. 2017;19:633-639 pubmed publisher..Most of the compounds showed moderate to potent cytotoxic activity against the tested cell lines. ..
- Yamamura H. Chemical Modification of Cyclodextrin and Amylose by Click Reaction and Its Application to the Synthesis of Poly-alkylamine-Modified Antibacterial Sugars. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2017;65:312-317 pubmed publisher..This review will describe the results of our microwave-assisted click reaction for the poly-modification of CD and amylose molecules, and its application to the study of synthetic membrane active antibacterial derivatives. ..
- Bjerknes M, Cheng H, McNitt C, Popik V. Facile Quenching and Spatial Patterning of Cylooctynes via Strain-Promoted Alkyne-Azide Cycloaddition of Inorganic Azides. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:1560-1565 pubmed publisher..The facile quenching of cyclooctynes demonstrated here should be useful in other bioorthogonal ligation techniques in which cyclooctynes are employed, including SPANC, Diels-Alder, and thiol-yne...
- Xu Z, Song X, Hu Y, Qiang M, Lv Z. Azide-alkyne cycloaddition towards 1H-1,2,3-triazole-tethered gatifloxacin and isatin conjugates: Design, synthesis and in vitro anti-mycobacterial evaluation. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;138:66-71 pubmed publisher..0->128 ?g/mL) against MDR-TB. Unfortunately, both of the two hybrids (CC50: 7.8 ?g/mL) were much more cytotoxic than the other derivatives, need to be further optimized. ..
- Swiderska K, Szlachcic A, Czyrek A, Zakrzewska M, Otlewski J. Site-specific conjugation of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) based on incorporation of alkyne-reactive unnatural amino acid. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:3685-3693 pubmed publisher..The detergent-based optimization approach may help overcome problems with the CuAAC reaction yield for protein modification with hydrophobic compounds, such as MMAE. ..
- Liu X, Qin Y. Enabling syntheses of diterpenoid alkaloids and related diterpenes by an oxidative dearomatization/Diels-Alder cycloaddition strategy. Nat Prod Rep. 2017;34:1044-1050 pubmed publisher..This powerful strategy has recently been utilized in the syntheses of diverse diterpenoid alkaloids and their biogenetically relevant diterpenes, which is the subject of this Highlight. ..
- Dovgan I, Ursuegui S, Erb S, Michel C, Kolodych S, Cianférani S, et al. Acyl Fluorides: Fast, Efficient, and Versatile Lysine-Based Protein Conjugation via Plug-and-Play Strategy. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:1452-1457 pubmed publisher..This translates into better control of the DoC and enables the efficient and fast functionalization of delicate biomolecules at low temperature...
- Farzan V, Ulashchik E, Martynenko Makaev Y, Kvach M, Aparin I, Brylev V, et al. Automated Solid-Phase Click Synthesis of Oligonucleotide Conjugates: From Small Molecules to Diverse N-Acetylgalactosamine Clusters. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:2599-2607 pubmed publisher..The approach is suitable for high-throughput synthesis of oligonucleotide conjugates ranging from fluorescent DNA probes to various multi-GalNAc derivatives of 2'-modified siRNA...
- Chen S, Li Q, Liu X, Wu J, Zhang S, Wang H. Polycyclization Enabled by Relay Catalysis: One-Pot Manganese-Catalyzed C-H Allylation and Silver-Catalyzed Povarov Reaction. ChemSusChem. 2017;10:2360-2364 pubmed publisher..process is described for the one-pot synthesis of polycyclic products by a formal [3+2] and [4+2] cycloaddition reaction cascade...
- Thapa B, Munk B, Burrows C, Schlegel H. Computational Study of Oxidation of Guanine by Singlet Oxygen (1 Î”g ) and Formation of Guanine:Lysine Cross-Links. Chemistry. 2017;23:5804-5813 pubmed publisher..These results are in good agreement with the experimental results for the formation of guanine-lysine cross-links by oxidation by typeâ€…II photosensitizers. ..