electron microscope tomography
Summary: A tomographic technique for obtaining 3-dimensional images with transmission electron microscopy.
- Biazik J, Vihinen H, Jokitalo E, Eskelinen E. Ultrastructural Characterization of Phagophores Using Electron Tomography on Cryoimmobilized and Freeze Substituted Samples. Methods Enzymol. 2017;587:331-349 pubmed publisher..In this report, we describe our protocol for cryoimmobilization using high-pressure freezing and freeze substitution, and report our first findings on phagophore morphology using this approach. ..
- Hu G, Liu J, Roux K, Taylor K. Structure of Simian Immunodeficiency Virus Envelope Spikes Bound with CD4 and Monoclonal Antibody 36D5. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Our results show that the CD4-induced conformational dynamics of the spike enhances binding of the antibody. ..
- Oikonomou C, Jensen G. Cellular Electron Cryotomography: Toward Structural Biology In Situ. Annu Rev Biochem. 2017;86:873-896 pubmed publisher..We also discuss the integration of ECT with other techniques, including lower-resolution fluorescence imaging and higher-resolution atomic structure determination, to cover the full scale of cellular processes. ..
- Nechipurenko I, Berciu C, Sengupta P, Nicastro D. Centriolar remodeling underlies basal body maturation during ciliogenesis in Caenorhabditis elegans. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Our work provides a framework for future investigations into the mechanisms underlying BB remodeling. ..
- Serwas D, Su T, Roessler M, Wang S, Dammermann A. Centrioles initiate cilia assembly but are dispensable for maturation and maintenance in C. elegans. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1659-1671 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that while centrioles are essential to initiate cilia formation, they are dispensable for cilia maturation and maintenance. ..
- Wu S, Liu J, Reedy M, Tregear R, Winkler H, Franzini Armstrong C, et al. Electron tomography of cryofixed, isometrically contracting insect flight muscle reveals novel actin-myosin interactions. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisher..The results support previous conclusions that the weak attachments preceding force generation are very different from strong binding attachments. ..