Genomes and Genes
fluorescent antibody technique
Summary: Test for tissue antigen using either a direct method, by conjugation of antibody with fluorescent dye (FLUORESCENT ANTIBODY TECHNIQUE, DIRECT) or an indirect method, by formation of antigen-antibody complex which is then labeled with fluorescein-conjugated anti-immunoglobulin antibody (FLUORESCENT ANTIBODY TECHNIQUE, INDIRECT). The tissue is then examined by fluorescence microscopy.
- Zumbrun S, Melton Celsa A, Smith M, Gilbreath J, Merrell D, O Brien A. Dietary choice affects Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) O157:H7 colonization and disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E2126-33 pubmed publisher..coli O157:H7 may depend, at least in part, on individual diet and/or the capacity of the commensal flora to produce butyrate. ..
- Choudhury S, Almendro V, Merino V, Wu Z, Maruyama R, Su Y, et al. Molecular profiling of human mammary gland links breast cancer risk to a p27(+) cell population with progenitor characteristics. Cell Stem Cell. 2013;13:117-30 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that pathways controlling p27(+) mammary epithelial cells and the numbers of these cells relate to breast cancer risk and can be explored for cancer risk assessment and prevention. ..
- Céspedes N, Arevalo Herrera M, Felger I, Reed S, Kajava A, Corradin G, et al. Antigenicity and immunogenicity of a novel chimeric peptide antigen based on the P. vivax circumsporozoite protein. Vaccine. 2013;31:4923-30 pubmed publisher..g. in Aotus monkeys in order to assess the humoral and cellular immune responses as well as protective efficacy against parasite challenge of the vaccine candidate must be conducted. ..
- O Callaghan K, Palagano E, Butini S, Campiani G, Williams D, Zisterer D, et al. Induction of apoptosis in oral squamous carcinoma cells by pyrrolo-1,5-benzoxazepines. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:3748-54 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that PBOXs may prove useful, either alone or in combination with other agents, in the treatment of chemotherapeutic resistant OSCC. ..
- Wen Y, Ji Y, Zhang Y, Jiang B, Tang C, Wang Q, et al. Knockdown of Yes-Associated Protein Induces the Apoptosis While Inhibits the Proliferation of Human Periodontal Ligament Stem Cells through Crosstalk between Erk and Bcl-2 Signaling Pathways. Int J Med Sci. 2017;14:1231-1240 pubmed publisher..b>Conclusion: Knockdown of YAP inhibits the proliferation activity and induces apoptosis of h-PDLSCs with the involvement of Hippo pathway and has a crosstalk between Erk and Bcl-2 signaling pathways...
- Rivkin M, Simerzin A, Zorde Khvalevsky E, Chai C, Yuval J, Rosenberg N, et al. Inflammation-Induced Expression and Secretion of MicroRNA 122 Leads to Reduced Blood Levels of Kidney-Derived Erythropoietin and Anemia. Gastroenterology. 2016;151:999-1010.e3 pubmed publisher..Strategies to block MIR122 in patients with inflammation could reduce the development or progression of anemia. ..
- Gandhi P, Khare R, Garg N. Evaluating the potential of circulating hTERT levels in glioma: can plasma levels serve as an independent prognostic marker?. J Neurooncol. 2017;135:255-261 pubmed publisher..05). This is the first experimental evidence for association of higher plasma levels of hTERT with overall survival in both low and high grade glioma. ..
- Wouters M, Komdeur F, Workel H, Klip H, Plat A, Kooi N, et al. Treatment Regimen, Surgical Outcome, and T-cell Differentiation Influence Prognostic Benefit of Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes in High-Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:714-24 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that treatment regimen, surgical result, and the differentiation of TIL should all be taken into account when studying immune factors in HGSC or, by extension, selecting patients for immunotherapy trials. ..
- Xu M, Zuo D, Liu X, Fan H, Chen Q, Deng S, et al. MiR-155 contributes to Th17 cells differentiation in dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced colitis mice via Jarid2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;488:6-14 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that miR-155 plays a host-damaging role during DSS-induced colitis mice and induces Th17 differentiation by targeting Jarid2. ..
- Ma Z, Lu L, Yang J, Wang X, Su G, Wang Z, et al. Lariciresinol induces apoptosis in HepG2 cells via mitochondrial-mediated apoptosis pathway. Eur J Pharmacol. 2017;821:1-10 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our studies found that LA exhibits significant cytotoxic effects by inhibiting cell proliferation, inducing apoptosis, possibly via activation of the mitochondrial-mediated apoptosis pathway. ..
- Chen C, Weng J, Wang Z, Wang Z, Mei J, Yu Q, et al. [Effect of three-dimensional acellular fibrotic lung matrices on fibroblast-to-myofibroblast differentiation]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2015;95:3753-7 pubmed..29 Â± 0.85 vs 4.85 Â± 0.56, 4.86 Â± 0.37, both P<0.05). 3D acellular fibrotic lung scaffold can promote fibroblast-to-myofibroblast differentiation. ..
- Ferrer Acosta Y, Gonzalez Vega M, Rivera Aponte D, Martinez Jimenez S, Martins A. Monitoring Astrocyte Reactivity and Proliferation in Vitro Under Ischemic-Like Conditions. J Vis Exp. 2017;: pubmed publisher..In summary, this primary cell culture model can be efficiently used to understand the role of isolated astrocytes upon injury. ..
- Cicchi R, Rossi F, Alfieri D, Bacci S, Tatini F, De Siena G, et al. Observation of an improved healing process in superficial skin wounds after irradiation with a blue-LED haemostatic device. J Biophotonics. 2016;9:645-55 pubmed publisher..A faster healing process and a better-recovered skin morphology are observed: the treated wounds show a reduced inflammatory response and a higher collagen content. Blue LED induced photothermal effect on superficial abrasions. ..
- Yen T, Trovoada Dos Santos M, Tseng L, Chang S, Cheng C, Carvalho A, et al. Seroprevalence of antibodies against dengue virus among pregnant women in the Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principe. Acta Trop. 2016;155:58-62 pubmed publisher..These results agreed with the previous researches in neighboring countries and suggested DENV exposure. The study contributes to raising public awareness of dengue and supporting future control strategies. ..
- Lee S, Song J, Choi G, Kim H, Jang Y. Rhinovirus infection in murine chronic allergic rhinosinusitis model. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2016;6:1131-1138 pubmed publisher..Although there was histologically-proven increased RV infection in the CARS model, the infection did not intensify sinonasal inflammation. ..
- Xiao X, Zhou T, Guo S, Guo C, Zhang Q, Dong N, et al. LncRNA MALAT1 sponges miR-204 to promote osteoblast differentiation of human aortic valve interstitial cells through up-regulating Smad4. Int J Cardiol. 2017;243:404-412 pubmed publisher..Our study provides novel mechanistic insights into a critical role for lncRNA MALAT1 as a miRNA sponge in CAVD and sheds new light on lncRNA-directed diagnostics and therapeutics in CAVD. ..
- Ragunath C, Difranco K, Shanmugam M, Gopal P, Vyas V, Fine D, et al. Surface display of Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans autotransporter Aae and dispersin B hybrid act as antibiofilm agents. Mol Oral Microbiol. 2016;31:329-39 pubmed publisher..We concluded that the Aae Î²-domain is sufficient to translocate foreign enzymes in the native folded form and that the method of Aae-mediated translocation of surface displayed enzymes might be useful for control of biofilms. ..
- Steiner R, Fischer Colbrie R, Bletsa A, Laimer J, Troger J. Secretoneurin and PE-11 immunoreactivity in the human dental pulp. Arch Oral Biol. 2018;86:13-17 pubmed publisher..Secretoneurin might be involved in local effector functions as well, particularly in neurogenic inflammation, given that this is the case despite of unaltered levels in inflamed tissue. ..
- Feng J, Liang P, Chen Y, Zhang X, Songyang Z, Zheng H, et al. Testis-specific Lypd9 is dispensable for spermatogenesis in mouse. Mol Reprod Dev. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Taken together, LYPD9 is a mouse testis-specific protein, that is dispensable for spermatogenesis. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- Chung S, Gillies M, Yam M, Wang Y, Shen W. Differential expression of microRNAs in retinal vasculopathy caused by selective Müller cell disruption. Sci Rep. 2016;6:28993 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that miR-200b may play a role in the development of intraretinal neovascularisation. ..
- Ferraro S, Astort F, Yakisich J, Tasat D. Particulate matter cytotoxicity in cultured SH-SY5Y cells is modulated by simvastatin: Toxicological assessment for oxidative damage. Neurotoxicology. 2016;53:108-114 pubmed publisher..We conclude that simvastatin may provide neuroprotection against air particulate matter-induced neurotoxicity independently of its ability to inhibit cholesterol synthesis. ..
- Narva S, Chitti S, Amaroju S, Bhattacharjee D, Rao B, Jain N, et al. Design and synthesis of 4-morpholino-6-(1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridin-4-yl)-N-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)-1,3,5-triazin-2-amine analogues as tubulin polymerization inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3794-3801 pubmed publisher..Molecular docking studies were also carried out to understand the binding pattern. The studies suggested that 8jhas a good binding affinity of -7.949 towards nocodazole binding site of tubulin while nocodazole has -7.462. ..
- Restall I, Parolin D, Daneshmand M, Hanson J, Simard M, Fitzpatrick M, et al. PKCÎ¹ depletion initiates mitotic slippage-induced senescence in glioblastoma. Cell Cycle. 2015;14:2938-48 pubmed publisher..We suggest that markers of mitotic slippage be assessed in future studies of senescence to determine the extent of mitotic slippage in the induction of cellular senescence. ..
- Li Y, Zhang L, Chen M, Liu Y, Xing Y, Wang X, et al. Elk-1-mediated 15-lipoxygenase expression is required for hypoxia-induced pulmonary vascular adventitial fibroblast dynamics. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2016;218:276-289 pubmed publisher..The modulation of p27kipl expression by 15-LO enhances PAF proliferation and cell cycle alterations. Furthermore, the JNK-dependent increase in Elk-1 signalling is required for hypoxia-induced 15-LO expression in PAFs. ..
- Sagiv A, Burton D, Moshayev Z, Vadai E, Wensveen F, Ben Dor S, et al. NKG2D ligands mediate immunosurveillance of senescent cells. Aging (Albany NY). 2016;8:328-44 pubmed..Overall, our results provide new insights into the mechanisms regulating the expression of immune ligands in senescent cells and reveal the importance of NKG2D receptor-ligand interaction in protecting against liver fibrosis. ..
- Oliveira Costa J, de Carvalho A, da Silveira d, Amaya P, Wu Y, Park K, et al. Gene expression patterns through oral squamous cell carcinoma development: PD-L1 expression in primary tumor and circulating tumor cells. Oncotarget. 2015;6:20902-20 pubmed..We demonstrated an important role for PD-L1 in primary tumors according to tumor size, and in disease specific survival. Therefore, we could further determine individuals with PD-L1+ CTCs, and possibly follow treatment using CTCs. ..
- Missiroli S, Morganti C, Giorgi C, Pinton P. Methods to Study PTEN in Mitochondria and Endoplasmic Reticulum. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1388:187-212 pubmed publisher..The employment of these methodological approaches could facilitate the identification of different PTEN localizations in several physiopathological contexts. ..
- Kuppusamy M, Gomez Sanchez E, Beloate L, Plonczynski M, NARAY FEJES TOTH A, Fejes Toth G, et al. Interaction of the Mineralocorticoid Receptor With RACK1 and Its Role in Aldosterone Signaling. Endocrinology. 2017;158:2367-2375 pubmed publisher..The scaffolding protein RACK1 is associated with MR under basal and agonist-stimulated conditions and facilitates agonist-stimulated MR actions through PKC-?. These findings indicate that RACK1 is a newly described coactivator of MR. ..
- Ryan C, Brown J, Bourke E, Prendergast Ã, Kavanagh C, Liu Z, et al. ROCK activity and the GÎ²Î³ complex mediate chemotactic migration of mouse bone marrow-derived stromal cells. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2015;6:136 pubmed publisher..This work has identified additional potential therapeutic targets that could be manipulated to improve BMSC delivery and homing. ..
- Kondo H, Takahashi N, Gotoh K, Fukui A, Saito S, Aoki K, et al. Splenectomy exacerbates atrial inflammatory fibrosis and vulnerability to atrial fibrillation induced by pressure overload in rats: Possible role of spleen-derived interleukin-10. Heart Rhythm. 2016;13:241-50 pubmed publisher..The study results suggest that SPX exacerbates AAC-induced inflammatory atrial fibrosis and increases vulnerability to AF after 4 weeks, likely because of depletion of spleen-derived IL-10. ..
- Han C, Chen E, Shen G, Peng Z, Xu Y, Zhang H, et al. Vitellogenin receptor selectively endocytoses female-specific and highly-expressed hemolymph proteins in the silkworm, Bombyx mori. Biochem Cell Biol. 2017;95:510-516 pubmed publisher..In summary, BmVgR could facilitate uptake of BmVg by developing oocytes, but did not modulate in the transport of BmSP1. ..
- Iskander S, Feeney M, Yee K, Rosenblum N. Protein Kinase 2Î² Is Expressed in Neural Crest-Derived Urinary Pacemaker Cells and Required for Pyeloureteric Contraction. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2018;29:1198-1209 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate that utPMCs are derived from NCCs, identify new markers of utPMCs, and demonstrate a functional contribution of PTK2Î² to utPMC function. ..
- Xie J, Zhu R, Peng Y, Gao W, Du J, Zhao L, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha regulates photoreceptor cell autophagy after retinal detachment. Sci Rep. 2017;7:17108 pubmed publisher..The moderate augmentation and extension of autophagy through TNF-? inhibition resulted in the reduction of apoptosis and the enhancement of photoreceptor cell survival. ..
- Song L, Zhu J, Zhang X, Cui Z, Fu Q, Huang J, et al. BDNF-hypersecreting human umbilical cord blood mesenchymal stem cells promote erectile function in a rat model of cavernous nerve electrocautery injury. Int Urol Nephrol. 2016;48:37-45 pubmed publisher..Intracavernous injection of BDNF-hypersecreting hUCB-MSCs can enhance the recovery of erectile function, promote the CNs regeneration and inhibit corpus cavernosum fibrosis after CNEI in a rat model. ..
- Chang J, Yao X, Zou H, Wang L, Lu Y, Zhang Q, et al. BDNF/PI3K/Akt and Nogo-A/RhoA/ROCK signaling pathways contribute to neurorestorative effect of Houshiheisan against cerebral ischemia injury in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;194:1032-1042 pubmed publisher..The findings demonstrate that HSHS had significant therapeutic effects on ischemic stroke and it perhaps worked through the activation of BDNF/PI3K/Akt and down-regulation of Nogo-A/RhoA/ROCK signaling pathways. ..
- Li J, Zrazhevskiy P, Gao X. Eliminating Size-Associated Diffusion Constraints for Rapid On-Surface Bioassays with Nanoparticle Probes. Small. 2016;12:1035-1043 pubmed publisher..The findings are expected to enable realization of novel assay formats and stimulate development of rapid on-surface bioassays with nanoparticle probes. ..
- Qiu W, Remotti H, Tang S, WANG E, Dobberteen L, Lee Youssof A, et al. Pancreatic DCLK1+ cells originate distinctly from PDX1+ progenitors and contribute to the initiation of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm in mice. Cancer Lett. 2018;423:71-79 pubmed publisher..In summary, DCLK1 labels a unique pancreatic cellular lineage in the IPMN GEMM. The clustering of DCLK1+ cells is an early event in Kras-induced pancreatic tumorigenesis and may contribute to IPMN initiation. ..
- ÅžuÅŸman S, Rus CiucÄƒ D, SoriÅ£Äƒu O, Ciortea R, GÃ®rlovanu M, Mihu D, et al. Human placenta - stem cell source for obtaining pancreatic progenitors. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2015;56:505-10 pubmed..They were positively for dithizone staining and expressed insulin as shown by immunocytochemistry. The isolated cells from the placenta can be differentiated towards pancreatic progenitors by using specific protocols. ..
- Ma J, Wang F, Yang J, Dong Y, Su G, Zhang K, et al. Xiaochaihutang attenuates depressive/anxiety-like behaviors of social isolation-reared mice by regulating monoaminergic system, neurogenesis and BDNF expression. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;208:94-104 pubmed publisher..The findings indicate that XCHT may have a therapeutic application for early-life stress model of depression and in turn provide further evidence supporting XCHT a novel potential antidepressant from a distinct perspective. ..
- Barati M, Powell D, Kechavarzi B, Isaacs S, Zheng S, Epstein P, et al. Differential expression of endoplasmic reticulum stress-response proteins in different renal tubule subtypes of OVE26 diabetic mice. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2016;21:155-66 pubmed..These findings demonstrate differential ER stress-response signaling in tubule subtypes of diabetic mice and implicate a role for PERK and CHOP in tubule cell matrix protein production. ..
- Zou J, Li H, Huang Q, Liu X, Qi X, Wang Y, et al. Dopamine-induced SULT1A3/4 promotes EMT and cancer stemness in hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317719272 pubmed publisher..In addition, SULT1A3/4 re-expression could serve as a biomarker for hepatocellular carcinoma prognosis...
- Chang M, Li Y, Liu D, Zhang L, Zhang H, Tang H, et al. Melatonin prevents secondary intra-abdominal hypertension in rats possibly through inhibition of the p38 MAPK pathway. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016;97:192-203 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that melatonin exerts a protective effect in intestine in secondary IAH primarily by attenuating the inflammatory responses which are in part attributable to p38 MAPK inhibition. ..
- Abu Elneel K, Robinson D, Drew M, Englund P, Shlomai J. Intramitochondrial localization of universal minicircle sequence-binding protein, a trypanosomatid protein that binds kinetoplast minicircle replication origins. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:725-34 pubmed..The intramitochondrial localization of UMSBP and other kDNA replication enzymes significantly clarifies our understanding of the process of kDNA replication. ..
- Li H, He Y, Di C, Yan J, Zhang H. Comparative analysis of the serum proteome for biomarker discovery to reveal hepatotoxicity induced by iron ion radiation in mice. Life Sci. 2016;167:57-66 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that these proteins may be potential biomarkers of hepatotoxicity in astronauts enduring long space missions. ..
- Barros A, Takeda A, Dreyer T, Velazquez Campoy A, Kobe B, Fontes M. Structural and Calorimetric Studies Demonstrate that Xeroderma Pigmentosum Type G (XPG) Can Be Imported to the Nucleus by a Classical Nuclear Import Pathway via a Monopartite NLS Sequence. J Mol Biol. 2016;428:2120-31 pubmed publisher..The results lead to insights about what distinguishes monopartite and bipartite NLSs, as well as the differential roles of XPG1 and XPG2 NLSs in the nuclear localization of XPG. ..
- Zhao Y, Wang T, Yao L, Liu B, Teng C, Ouyang H. Classical swine fever virus replicated poorly in cells from MxA transgenic pigs. BMC Vet Res. 2016;12:169 pubmed publisher..Transgene with human MxA on pigs is feasible. High levels of MxA expression do inhibit CSFV in vitro at early time points post-infection at 60-96dpi. ..
- Silva F, Felix A, Serpa J. Functional redundancy of the Notch pathway in ovarian cancer cell lines. Oncol Lett. 2016;12:2686-2691 pubmed..This upregulation of the Notch pathway may explain why vorinostat therapy fails in ovarian carcinoma treatment, as shown in certain clinical trials. ..
- Chang H, Wang Y, Yin X, Liu X, Xuan H. Ethanol extract of propolis and its constituent caffeic acid phenethyl ester inhibit breast cancer cells proliferation in inflammatory microenvironment by inhibiting TLR4 signal pathway and inducing apoptosis and autophagy. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:471 pubmed publisher..EECP and CAPE may hold promising prospects in treating inflammation-induced tumor. ..
- Jiang Y, Li L, Ma J, Zhang L, Niu F, Feng T, et al. Auricular vagus nerve stimulation promotes functional recovery and enhances the post-ischemic angiogenic response in an ischemia/reperfusion rat model. Neurochem Int. 2016;97:73-82 pubmed publisher..05). Our findings suggest that repeated aVNS promoted post-ischemic functional recovery and angiogenesis, possibly in conjunction with the up-regulated expression of BDNF, eNOS and VEGF in the rat brain. ..
- Stultz R, Cenker J, McDonald D. Imaging HIV-1 Genomic DNA from Entry through Productive Infection. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Collectively, this approach provides new insights into the nature of transcribing HIV-1 genomes and allows us to track the entire course of infection in macrophages, a key target of HIV-1 in infected individuals. ..
- Kwon E, Kim M. Agmatine modulates melanogenesis via MITF signaling pathway. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;49:124-130 pubmed publisher..It was also found that agmatine enhanced the expression level of MITF in nucleus. These results suggest that agmatine could induce melanin synthesis though the regulation of MITF transcription factor via BMP-6/p38 signaling pathway. ..
- Hatch S, Yapp C, Montenegro R, Savitsky P, Gamble V, Tumber A, et al. Assessing histone demethylase inhibitors in cells: lessons learned. Epigenetics Chromatin. 2017;10:9 pubmed publisher..In addition, the presented data may inform further studies to assess the cell-based activity of histone lysine methylation inhibitors. ..
- Feng X, Ramsden M, Negri J, Baker M, Payne S, Borish L, et al. Eosinophil production of prostaglandin D2 in patients with aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2016;138:1089-1097.e3 pubmed publisher..In addition to mast cells, eosinophils represent an important source of PGD2 in patients with AERD and identify a new target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Jiang T, Li Y, Layton A, Wang W, Sun Y, Li M, et al. Generation and phenotypic analysis of mice lacking all urea transporters. Kidney Int. 2017;91:338-351 pubmed publisher..Thus, functional deficiency of all UTs caused a urea-selective urine-concentrating defect with little physiological abnormality in extrarenal organs. ..