Summary: Radioimmunoassay of proteins using antibody coupled to an immunosorbent.
- Bolhaar S, Zuidmeer L, Ma Y, Ferreira F, Bruijnzeel Koomen C, Hoffmann Sommergruber K, et al. A mutant of the major apple allergen, Mal d 1, demonstrating hypo-allergenicity in the target organ by double-blind placebo-controlled food challenge. Clin Exp Allergy. 2005;35:1638-44 pubmed..This is the first study that confirms by DBPCFC that a mutated recombinant major food allergen is clinically hypo-allergenic. This paves the way towards safer immunotherapy for the treatment of food-allergic patients. ..
- Sadok Y. [Diagnosis of type I hypersensitivity by laboratory test]. Tunis Med. 2005;83:441-4 pubmed..Type I hypersensitivity can also be investigated with assays which quantitate several mediators released after cellular activation induced by allergens. ..
- Hagel I, Lynch N, Puccio F, Rodriguez O, Luzondo R, Rodriguez P, et al. Defective regulation of the protective IgE response against intestinal helminth Ascaris lumbricoides in malnourished children. J Trop Pediatr. 2003;49:136-42 pubmed publisher..The high levels of total IgE observed may be related to a non-specific stimulation of the proliferation of activated B cells, probably caused by helminthic parasites and other infectious agents that are frequent in malnourished children...
- Cuchkov S, Moskalets O, Cherepakhina N, Burdakova I, Suntsova I, Shumskiĭ V, et al. [Modern methods immunological and genetical diagnostics in clinical practice]. Ter Arkh. 2004;76:78-83 pubmed
- Dekker F, Mulder Dzn J, Kramps J, Kaptein A, Vandenbroucke J, Dijkman J. The Phadiatop in vitro test for allergy in general practice: is it useful?. Fam Pract. 1990;7:144-8 pubmed..The general practitioner's diagnosis based on the results of the Phadiatop was the closest of all the tests to the specialist diagnosis. It is concluded that Phadiatop is of great use in diagnosing bronchial allergy in general practice. ..
- Mileder P. [Significance of food allergens for the development of hyperreactive airway diseases]. Wien Med Wochenschr. 1990;140:428-31 pubmed..Food allergies seem not to have influence on the origin of bronchial hyperreactivity or Asthma. Furthermore the question of genetic influence on the origin of children's allergies and possible preventive measures are discussed. ..
- Baumgartner J, Falkler W. Detection of immunoglobulins from explant cultures of periapical lesions. J Endod. 1991;17:105-10 pubmed..IgG was the predominant immunoglobulin followed by IgA. A radioimmunosorbent test was used to detect and quantitate IgE in samples of 24-h supernatant fluids from 90 explant cultures...
- Hubscher T. A new in vitro allergy diagnostic system: the Acti Tip Allerg E and Allerg Ens test system for the determination and quantitation of Total serum IgE and allergen specific IgE in human serum. Allerg Immunol (Paris). 1990;22:360-6 pubmed..The Dexall Acti Tip system offers a number of significant advantages over the currently available in vitro techniques for the detection and quantitation of Total IgE and allergen specific IgE. ..
- Nguyen T, Higashi T, Kambayashi Y, Anyenda E, Michigami Y, Hara J, et al. A Longitudinal Study of Association between Heavy Metals and Itchy Eyes, Coughing in Chronic Cough Patients: Related with Non-Immunoglobulin E Mediated Mechanism. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016;13: pubmed publisher..Subjects whose total IgE measured by radioimmunosorbent test were asked to record their daily symptoms...
- Marcucci F, Sensi L. A new method for IgE detection in nasal mucosa. Clin Exp Allergy. 1989;19:157-62 pubmed..Because of its reliability and easy execution the new method could be widely used in diagnosis of allergic disease. Further, it seems to offer a good opportunity to study the IgE-mediated reaction in the target organ more extensively. ..
- Terrier N, Bonardet A, Descomps B, Cristol J, Dupuy A. Determination of beta2-microglobulin in biological samples using an immunoenzymometric assay (chemiluminescence detection) or an immunoturbidimetric assay: comparison with a radioimmunoassay. Clin Lab. 2004;50:675-83 pubmed..54). In conclusion, the immunoenzymometric assay with chemiluminescence detection or the immunoturbidimetric assay could be used in the routine laboratory in order to determine beta2M in plasma, urine and dialysate. ..
- Wever A, Wever Hess J, van Schayck C, van Weel C. Evaluation of the Phadiatop test in an epidemiological study. Allergy. 1990;45:92-7 pubmed
- Matricardi P, Fattorossi A, Nisini R, Le Moli S, Castagliuolo P, D Amelio R. A new test for specific IgE to inhalant allergens (Phadiatop) in the screening of immediate respiratory hypersensitivity states. Ann Allergy. 1989;63:532-5 pubmed..8% sensitivity). The correlation between RAST and Phadiatop was excellent. Phadiatop is much more sensitive than PRIST; furthermore, Phadiatop is easier, less expensive, and as reliable as RAST for use in mass screening programs. ..
- Ausili E, Tabacco F, Focarelli B, Nucera E, Patriarca G, Rendeli C. Prevalence of latex allergy in spina bifida: genetic and environmental risk factors. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2007;11:149-53 pubmed..Prophylactic measures to avoid the exposure, not only in the sanitary environment, through the institution of latex-safe routes and every day, prevent potentially serious allergic reactions. ..
- Adams S, Barnett D, Walsh B, Pearce R, Hill D, Howden M. Human IgE-binding synthetic peptides of bovine beta-lactoglobulin and alpha-lactalbumin. In vitro cross-reactivity of the allergens. Immunol Cell Biol. 1991;69 ( Pt 3):191-7 pubmed..The peptides were adsorbed to nitrocellulose discs and used in further RAST studies with sera from the allergic children. Both peptides bound specific IgE in the RAST assay. ..
- Morris D, Klapper P, Cleator G. Detection of false seroconversions in cytomegalovirus seronegative platelet donors by serial complement fixation or IgG-specific radioimmunosorbent tests. J Virol Methods. 1992;39:319-23 pubmed..In the light of our observations recommendations for CMV antibody testing of blood donors are proposed. ..
- Askmark H, Wistrand P. Leakage of carbonic anhydrase III from normal and denervated rat skeletal muscle following contractile activity. Muscle Nerve. 1992;15:643-7 pubmed..The microdialysis technique should also be useful in humans to study the efflux of various proteins from different kinds of diseased or fatigued muscles. ..
- Loidolt D. [Immediate reaction in native tests with red chironomid larvae]. Laryngol Rhinol Otol (Stuttg). 1988;67:297-9 pubmed..Even running an aquarium can be risky for atopic humans, if the fishes are fed chironomid larvae. This is illustrated by a case of inhalation allergy in a patient who showed severe reactions to skin testing with native chironomidae. ..
- Yoshida M, Kiyofuji H, Koyanagi S, Matsuo A, Fujioka T, To H, et al. Glucocorticoid is involved in food-entrainable rhythm of mu-opioid receptor expression in mouse brainstem and analgesic effect of morphine. J Pharmacol Sci. 2006;101:77-84 pubmed
- Cavallo G, Elia M, Giordano D, Baldi C, Cammarota R. Decrease of specific and total IgE levels in allergic patients after BCG vaccination: preliminary report. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2002;128:1058-60 pubmed..Total IgE levels were determined using the paper radioimmunosorbent test, and allergen-specific IgE levels were determined using the radioallergosorbent test...
- Carlsen K, Halvorsen R, Pettersen M, Carlsen K. Inflammation markers and symptom activity in children with bronchial asthma. Influence of atopy and eczema. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 1997;8:112-20 pubmed..S-ECP may be used in assessing symptom activity in asthmatic children, but with the realisation that active eczema and the presence of atopy may also influence levels. ..
- Pena J, Botey J, Gutierrez V, Trape J, Aulesa C, Eseverri J, et al. Reagent strip for semiquantitative total and specific IgE measurement: a comparison to radioisotopic methods. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 1992;2:68-72 pubmed..By optimizing the top of the scale for total IgE and reducing the volume and/or time in specific IgE, it may prove to be an important screening method. ..
- Hamel C, De Luca H, Billotte C, Offret H, Bloch Michel E. Nonspecific immunoglobulin E in aqueous humor: evaluation in uveitis. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 1989;227:489-93 pubmed..Uveitis patients' levels ranged from less than 0.06 to 460 IU/ml according to the paper radioimmunosorbent test (PRIST; limit of sensitivity, 0.06 IU/ml)...
- James J, Cooke S, Barnett A, Sampson H. Anaphylactic reactions to a psyllium-containing cereal. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1991;88:402-8 pubmed..It was concluded that individuals sensitized by occupational exposure to psyllium dust are at high risk for allergic reactions to ingested psyllium-containing products. ..
- Duc J, Peitrequin R, Pecoud A. Clinical evaluation of a new enzymo-assay for allergen-specific IgE. Ann Allergy. 1989;62:503-6 pubmed
- Prokudina E, Semenova N, Chumakov V, Rudneva I, Iamnikova S. [The formation of the influenza virus aggregates, enriched with hemagglutinin]. Vopr Virusol. 2002;47:17-21 pubmed..Possible nature of low-molecular HA-containing structures involved in the aggregates and nature of relations stabilizing aggregates are discussed. ..
- Agin A, Jeandidier N, Gasser F, Grucker D, Sapin R. Use of insulin immunoassays in clinical studies involving rapid-acting insulin analogues: Bi-insulin IRMA preliminary assessment. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2006;44:1379-82 pubmed..001). In serum, RI and RAA cross-reactivities are slightly lower than in buffer. For RAA assessment, hemolysed samples should be discarded and anti-insulin antibodies should be removed from samples before immunoreactivity measurements. ..
- Koshibu T, Kishida M, Suzuki I, Nagayama T, Kabayama H, Saito Y, et al. [The new criteria for skin prick test of atopic early infants--diagnosis for hypersensitivity of egg white]. Arerugi. 1997;46:1227-34 pubmed..05, p < 0.01). In conclusion, SPT in atopic early infants were seemed several reactions at the first visit, but all reactions were useful for diagnose for hypersensitivity to egg white. ..
- Kato S. [The standard level of IgE RIST and eosinophil counts in 0-year old allergic children according to multiple factor analysis type II]. Arerugi. 1990;39:1398-415 pubmed..IgE RAST scores to egg white and soybean. However, the study scarcely recognize any difference between the three groups. ..
- Sprem N, Klapan I, Racic G, Cvoriscec D. [Immunologic studies of secretory otitis]. HNO. 1989;37:248-9 pubmed..The values for RIST were significantly lower than those where an allergic cause was present. The values for immunoglobulins in transudate were also significantly lower than normal. ..
- Evans S, Skea D, Dolovich J. Fatal reaction to peanut antigen in almond icing. CMAJ. 1988;139:231-2 pubmed
- Falcão M, Leone C, D Andrea R, Berardi R, Ono N, Vaz F. Urinary tract infection in full-term newborn infants: risk factor analysis. Rev Hosp Clin Fac Med Sao Paulo. 2000;55:9-16 pubmed
- von Brunn A, Reichhuber C. Characterization of metabolically labelled antigen following immunoprecipitation with antibody bound on ELISA plates. J Immunol Methods. 1994;169:135-6 pubmed..The last step relies on secondary agents which bind to the antibody. ..
- Sabbah A, Drouet M, Lauret M. [Determination of total IgE (tIgE) and specific IgE (sIgE) using the IMX and MATRIX techniques]. Allerg Immunol (Paris). 1993;25:253-60 pubmed..9% and 95%). The results were obtained with four allergens (D. pteronyssinus, Timothy grass, cat and dog). Separate assays confirmed the reliability of the technique. ..
- Moneret Vautrin D, Gueant J, Abdel Ghani A, Maria Y, Nicolas J. Comparative evaluation between two immunoenzymatic techniques (FAST and Phadezym) and the Phadebas RAST in food allergy. Allergy. 1990;45:104-8 pubmed..This could be explained either by an enzyme-substrate reaction or by a non-specific inhibition of the enzyme linked to the anti-IgE IgG. ..
- Morris D, Fox A, Klapper P. Diagnosis of cytomegalovirus infection in cyclosporin-treated renal allograft recipients. J Med Virol. 1990;32:124-7 pubmed..CMV-specific antibody was assayed by IgG-specific radioimmunosorbent test (RIST) and by complement fixation test (CFT)...
- Eriksson N. Allergy screening with Phadiatop and CAP Phadiatop in combination with a questionnaire in adults with asthma and rhinitis. Allergy. 1990;45:285-92 pubmed..00 was achieved. It is concluded that Phadiatop and CAP Phadiatop have a higher diagnostic precision than other hitherto used methods for screening of atopic allergy. The place of Phadiatop in a diagnostic flow chart is suggested. ..
- Aalders Deenstra V, Kok P, Bruynzeel P. Measurement of total IgE antibody levels in lacrimal fluid of patients suffering from atopic and non-atopic eye disorders. Evidence for local IgE production in atopic eye disorders?. Br J Ophthalmol. 1985;69:380-4 pubmed
- Puyana J, Diez Gomez M, Cuevas M, Quirce S, Fernandez Rivas M, Hinojosa M. Stinging insect allergy: sensitization to vespids in Madrid and surroundings. Cross-reactivity study. Allergy. 1990;45:126-9 pubmed..Direct RAST and RAST inhibition studies indicate that in our geographic region sensitization to Vespula venom is more common than to Polistes venom and Polistes might have cross-reactivity in our patients. ..
- Taylor M, Longbottom J. Partial characterization of a rapidly released antigenic/allergenic component (Ag 5) of Aspergillus fumigatus. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1988;81:548-57 pubmed..This rapidly released antigenic/allergenic component may play an important role in the initiation of immunologic responses in patients with allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. ..
- de los Santos E, Mazzaferri E. Sensitive thyroid-stimulating hormone assays: clinical applications and limitations. Compr Ther. 1988;14:26-33 pubmed..Nonetheless, at present this test can be used in the initial diagnosis of thyroid dysfunction as outlined in Figure 2.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Grinshteĭn I, Shabalin V. [Preclinical diagnosis of renal damage in essential hypertension]. Ter Arkh. 2004;76:40-3 pubmed..We suggest that, apart from MAU, RFR abnormalities and excessive B2-MGU should be used as markers of preclinical renal impairment in EH. ..
- González F, Almirall M, Herrero A, de la Torre F, París M. Hymenoptera venom allergy: characteristics, tolerance and efficacy of immunotherapy in the paediatric population. Allergol Immunopathol (Madr). 2009;37:111-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, venom immunotherapy is a safe and effective treatment in paediatric patients with hymenoptera venom allergy, being necessary to increase the experience on this specific segment of the allergic population. ..
- Rance F, Dutau G. [Allergologic explorations in children]. Rev Mal Respir. 1999;16:1105-12 pubmed..But, in practical experience, skin prick test are the first and the best test for allergy diagnosis. Positive skin prick test refer to sensitization in accordance with clinical history. ..
- Ohta M, Obayashi H, Takahashi K, Kitagawa Y, Nakano K, Matsuo S, et al. Radioimmunoprecipitation assay for glutamic acid decarboxylase antibodies evaluated clinically with sera from patients with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Clin Chem. 1996;42:1975-8 pubmed..This new commercial assay is easy to use and provides a specific and sensitive method for evaluating GAD antibodies in IDDM. ..
- Adachi K, Aoki T. IgE antibody to sweat in atopic dermatitis. Acta Derm Venereol Suppl (Stockh). 1989;144:83-7 pubmed..This IgE antibody to sweat did not cross-react with the mite extract (Dermatophagoides farinae) or Staphylococcus aureus. These results indicate that atopic patients have specific IgE antibody to sweat. ..
- Walsh G, Richards K, Douglas S, Blumenthal M. Immunoglobulin E anti-Staphylococcus aureus antibodies in atopic patients. J Clin Microbiol. 1981;13:1046-8 pubmed..The assay measured specific binding of IgE to bacterial antigens. ..
- Klink M, Cline M, Halonen M, Burrows B. Problems in defining normal limits for serum IgE. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1990;85:440-4 pubmed..The spread of IgE values is extremely wide in subjects with and without known allergic diseases. ..
- Corey J, Liudahl J, Young S, Rodman S. Diagnostic efficacy of in vitro methods vs. skin testing in patients with inhalant allergies. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1991;104:299-302 pubmed..The time, expense, convenience, and diagnostic efficacy of the two procedures are discussed. Special attention is given to the practicality of each method for the practicing physician. ..
- Sabbah A, Heulin M, Couteleau M. [Adaptation of the PRIST technic to the determination of IgE in tears]. Allerg Immunol (Paris). 1986;18:13-4, 16 pubmed..This technic is interesting in Allergic conjunctivitis Diagnosis. The IgE level find is more important in Atopic population than in reference population. ..
- Rasp G. [Visagnost--a strip test for in vitro allergy diagnosis in comparison with Magic Lite and Cap-FEIA: I. Total IgE determination]. Laryngorhinootologie. 1992;71:158-60 pubmed..Patient's sera were shock-frozen in liquid nitrogen and stored at -80 degrees C until examination. Visagnost gave results in four ranges of minor 20 U/ml, 21-50 U/ml, 51-100 U/ml and more than 100 U/ml.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Klapper P, Cleator G, Prinja Wilks D, Morris D, Morrell G. Immunoradiometric assay for cytomegalovirus-specific IgG antibodies: assay development and evaluation in blood transfusion practice. J Virol Methods. 1990;27:327-39 pubmed
- Burrows B, Martinez F, Cline M, Lebowitz M. The relationship between parental and children's serum IgE and asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1995;152:1497-500 pubmed..We speculate that the inflammation in the airways of asthmatic patients itself tends to increase the serum IgE level, possibly secondary to mediators that it generates. ..