Genomes and Genes
Summary: Techniques for removal by adsorption and subsequent elution of a specific antibody or antigen using an immunosorbent containing the homologous antigen or antibody.
- Oda S, Hirasawa H, Shiga H, Nakanishi K, Matsuda K, Nakamura M, et al. Cytokine adsorptive property of various adsorbents in immunoadsorption columns and a newly developed adsorbent: an in vitro study. Blood Purif. 2004;22:530-6 pubmed..Selective cytokine adsorption columns could be developed with improvement of currently available adsorbents. Such a new selective cytokine adsorption column could be clinically applied for the treatment of SIRS/sepsis. ..
- Mauch E, Zwanzger J, Hettich R, Fassbender C, Klingel R, Heigl F. [Immunoadsorption for steroid-unresponsive multiple sclerosis-relapses: clinical data of 14 patients]. Nervenarzt. 2011;82:1590-5 pubmed publisher..The response rate was comparable to published results with PE. With IA, in contrast to unselective PE, administration of human plasma products is not necessary, avoiding associated risks. ..
- Staudt A, Staudt Y, Dorr M, Böhm M, Knebel F, Hummel A, et al. Potential role of humoral immunity in cardiac dysfunction of patients suffering from dilated cardiomyopathy. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004;44:829-36 pubmed..Evidence of cardiodepressant antibodies predicts hemodynamic benefits during IA. ..
- Staudt A, Schaper F, Stangl V, Plagemann A, Bohm M, Merkel K, et al. Immunohistological changes in dilated cardiomyopathy induced by immunoadsorption therapy and subsequent immunoglobulin substitution. Circulation. 2001;103:2681-6 pubmed..The number of immunopositive cells and the expression of HLA class II in controls remained stable. In both groups, the degree of fibrosis remained unchanged. IA and subsequent IgG substitution mitigate myocardial inflammation in DCM. ..
- Pieper R, Su Q, Gatlin C, Huang S, Anderson N, Steiner S. Multi-component immunoaffinity subtraction chromatography: an innovative step towards a comprehensive survey of the human plasma proteome. Proteomics. 2003;3:422-32 pubmed..This facilitates automated chromatographic processing of plasma samples in high throughput, which is desirable in proteomic disease marker discovery projects. ..
- Stegmayr B, Almroth G, Berlin G, Fehrman I, Kurkus J, Norda R, et al. Plasma exchange or immunoadsorption in patients with rapidly progressive crescentic glomerulonephritis. A Swedish multi-center study. Int J Artif Organs. 1999;22:81-7 pubmed
- Felix S, Staudt A, Dörffel W, Stangl V, Merkel K, Pohl M, et al. Hemodynamic effects of immunoadsorption and subsequent immunoglobulin substitution in dilated cardiomyopathy: three-month results from a randomized study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000;35:1590-8 pubmed..In contrast, hemodynamics did not change throughout the three months in the control group. Immunoadsorption and subsequent IgG substitution improves cardiovascular function in DCM. ..
- Staudt A, Böhm M, Knebel F, Grosse Y, Bischoff C, Hummel A, et al. Potential role of autoantibodies belonging to the immunoglobulin G-3 subclass in cardiac dysfunction among patients with dilated cardiomyopathy. Circulation. 2002;106:2448-53 pubmed..05 versus protein A). Autoantibodies belonging to IgG-3 may play an important role in cardiac dysfunction of DCM. The removal of antibodies of the IgG-3 subclass may represent an essential mechanism of immunoadsorption in DCM. ..
- Nakaji S, Hayashi N. Adsorption column for myasthenia gravis treatment: Medisorba MG-50. Ther Apher Dial. 2003;7:78-84 pubmed..Clinically, MG-50 is used in plasma-perfusion therapy, and it is recognized that MG-50 specifically reduces blocking antibody titer and improves MG symptoms. MG-50 is approved in Japan. ..
- Petricoin E, Belluco C, Araujo R, Liotta L. The blood peptidome: a higher dimension of information content for cancer biomarker discovery. Nat Rev Cancer. 2006;6:961-7 pubmed..Measuring panels of peptidome markers might be more sensitive and specific than conventional biomarker approaches. We discuss the advantages and disadvantages of various methods for studying the peptidome. ..
- Just S, Marcussen N, Sprogøe U, Koefoed Nielsen P, Bistrup C. Acute antibody-mediated rejection after ABO-incompatible kidney transplantation treated successfully with antigen-specific immunoadsorption. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2010;25:310-3 pubmed publisher..We suggest that ABO-incompatible kidney transplantation complicated by acute antibody-mediated rejection, caused by ABO antibodies, may successfully be treated with this regime. ..
- Antozzi C, Frassoni C, Vincent A, Regondi M, Andreetta F, Bernasconi P, et al. Sequential antibodies to potassium channels and glutamic acid decarboxylase in neuromyotonia. Neurology. 2005;64:1290-3 pubmed..The range of antibodies produced in thymoma-associated neuromyotonia is richer, and the timing of antibody appearance more complex, than previously suspected...
- Bartel G, Schwaiger E, Böhmig G. Prevention and treatment of alloantibody-mediated kidney transplant rejection. Transpl Int. 2011;24:1142-55 pubmed publisher..Major improvements can be expected from studies evaluating innovative therapeutic concepts, such as proteasome inhibition or complement blocking agents. ..
- Zamurs L, Pouliot N, Kusuma N, Nice E, Burgess A. Chain-specific antibodies for laminin-511. Growth Factors. 2013;31:209-19 pubmed publisher..One of the antibodies (3G10) is a potent inhibitor of the activity of LM-511 in cell adhesion, spreading and proliferation assays. ..
- Gebel H, Moussa O, Eckels D, Bray R. Donor-reactive HLA antibodies in renal allograft recipients: considerations, complications, and conundrums. Hum Immunol. 2009;70:610-7 pubmed publisher..This article addresses the challenges and conundrums associated with human leukocyte antigen antibody identification. ..
- Pfütze M, Eming R, Kneisel A, Kuhlmann U, Hoyer J, Hertl M. Clinical and immunological follow-up of pemphigus patients on adjuvant treatment with immunoadsorption or rituximab. Dermatology. 2009;218:237-45 pubmed publisher..The relative therapeutic (long-term) efficacy of IA and Rtx in cutaneous versus mucosal PV needs to be evaluated in a prospective study. ..
- Patnaik S, Stanley P. Mouse large can modify complex N- and mucin O-glycans on alpha-dystroglycan to induce laminin binding. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:20851-9 pubmed..In addition, the data suggest that human LARGE may restore functional alpha-DG to muscle cells from patients with defective synthesis of O-mannose glycans via the modification of N-glycans and/or mucin O-glycans on alpha-DG. ..
- Hershko A, Scheiman Elazari A, Aamar S, Naparstek Y. Extracorporeal immunoadsorption of antibodies against the VRT-101 laminin epitope in systemic lupus erythematosus: a feasibility evaluation study. Immunol Res. 2013;56:376-81 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Lupusorb is a safe and effective modality for eliminating anti-VRT-101 antibodies. Additional studies are warranted to confirm its therapeutic potential. ..
- Gupta A, Sinnott P. Clinical relevance of pretransplant human leukocyte antigen donor-specific antibodies in renal patients waiting for a transplant: a risk factor. Hum Immunol. 2009;70:618-22 pubmed publisher..These factors must be integrated into the decision algorithms for immunosuppressive treatment in patients at immunologic risk. ..
- Murakami T, Matsuo M, Shimizu A, Shimomura Y. Dissociation of branched-chain alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase kinase (BDK) from branched-chain alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase complex (BCKDC) by BDK inhibitors. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2005;51:48-50 pubmed..These results suggest that the dissociation of the BDK from the BCKDC is one of the mechanisms responsible for the action of some inhibitors to BDK. ..
- Larsson C, Bramfeldt H, Wingren C, Borrebaeck C, Hook F. Gravimetric antigen detection utilizing antibody-modified lipid bilayers. Anal Biochem. 2005;345:72-80 pubmed..The increased coupling strength provided via the bivalent anchoring significantly reduced scFv displacement in complex solutions containing large amounts of histidine-containing proteins, verified via cholera toxin detection in serum. ..
- Te J, Jia L, Rogers J, Miller A, Hartson S. Novel subunits of the mammalian Hsp90 signal transduction chaperone. J Proteome Res. 2007;6:1963-73 pubmed..Additionally, other new Hsp90 subunits imply that a great deal of Hsp90 function may be directed to the assembly, regulation, or exploitation of the tubulin-based cytoskeleton network, particularly the mitotic spindle. ..
- Hardouin J, Duchateau M, Canelle L, Vlieghe C, Joubert Caron R, Caron M. Thiophilic adsorption revisited. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2007;845:226-31 pubmed..We conclude that T-gel selectivity is less than absolute and may reflect for a large part the experimental conditions of the adsorption. ..
- Mlynek A, Meurer M. Immunoadsorption in the treatment of pemphigus. Atheroscler Suppl. 2009;10:107-9 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, immunoadsorption and monoclonal anti-CD 20 antibody rituximab have been established as further therapeutic options. ..
- Sauter M, Bender A, Heller F, Sitter T. A case report of the efficient reduction of calcium channel antibodies by tryptophan ligand immunoadsorption in a patient with Lambert-Eaton syndrome. Ther Apher Dial. 2010;14:364-7 pubmed publisher..Repeated treatments resulted in a considerable decrease in antibody levels and a marked subjective and objective amelioration of LEMS as well as of the cerebellar symptoms. ..
- Jain R, Rawat A, Verma B, Markiewski M, Weidanz J. Antitumor activity of a monoclonal antibody targeting major histocompatibility complex class I-Her2 peptide complexes. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2013;105:202-18 pubmed publisher..Mechanisms of RL1B cytotoxicity were associated with antibody internalization and intracellular signaling. The TCRm RL1B could be a new approach to immunotherapy of Her2-expressing malignancies. ..
- Hollenbaugh D, Aruffo A, Jones B, Linsley P. Use of monoclonal antibodies for expression cloning. Curr Protoc Mol Biol. 2003;Chapter 6:Unit 6.11 pubmed publisher..Both protocols are designed for use with the expression vector CDM8, which contains a polylinker for subcloning double-stranded cDNA. ..
- Markiewicz Kijewska M, Kalicinski P, Teisseyre J, Ismail H, Ostoja Chyzynska A, Prokurat S, et al. Liver transplantation with ABO incompatible graft under immunoadsorption protocol--case report. Ann Transplant. 2010;15:68-71 pubmed..Both patients are alive and well with very good liver function 20 and 26 months after transplantation. Immunoadsorption therapy can be safely and effectively introduced in recipients of ABO incompatible donor liver. ..
- Harscher S, Rummler S, Oelzner P, Mentzel H, Brodhun M, Witte O, et al. [Selective immunoadsorption in neurologic complications of systemic lupus erythematosus]. Nervenarzt. 2007;78:441-4 pubmed..In our case a combination of high-dose methylprednisolone, immunoadsorption with elimination of Ro antibodies, and cyclophosphamide led to the patient's recovery. ..
- Lagoumintzis G, Zisimopoulou P, Trakas N, Grapsa E, Poulas K, Tzartos S. Scale up and safety parameters of antigen specific immunoadsorption of human anti-acetylcholine receptor antibodies. J Neuroimmunol. 2014;267:1-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, antigen-specific apheresis of anti-AChR autoantibodies seems a safe and effective treatment for myasthenia gravis that can be scaled up for clinical testing. ..
- Afanas eva O, Altynova E, Boldyrev A, Sokolov A, Adamova I, Pokrovskii S. Comparative analysis of efficiency and specificity of various sorbents for apheresis of low-density lipoproteins. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2006;142:587-90 pubmed
- Hequet O, Lienhart A, Jaeger S, Meunier S, Sobas F, Rigal D, et al. Adaptability of protein A-immunoadsorption allows temporary reduction of anti-VIII antibodies and realisation of high-risk haemorrhagic surgery. Transfus Apher Sci. 2007;36:255-8 pubmed..IA procedure is enough adaptable to be modified to prevent complications. Collaboration between clinical, biological, apheresis and surgical teams implied has permitted surgery and prevented life-threatening bleeding complications. ..
- Semov A, Moreno M, Onichtchenko A, Abulrob A, Ball M, Ekiel I, et al. Metastasis-associated protein S100A4 induces angiogenesis through interaction with Annexin II and accelerated plasmin formation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:20833-41 pubmed..Local plasmin formation induced by circulating S100A4 could contribute to tumor-induced angiogenesis and metastasis formation that makes this protein an attractive target for new anti-cancer and anti-angiogenic therapies. ..
- Morath C, Becker L, Leo A, Beimler J, Klein K, Seckinger J, et al. ABO-incompatible kidney transplantation enabled by non-antigen-specific immunoadsorption. Transplantation. 2012;93:827-34 pubmed publisher..1, with no differences between treatments. A reusable non-antigen-specific IA device allows high number of treatments at reasonable cost, and at the same time might deplete human leukocyte antigen-alloantibodies. ..
- El Awar N, Lee J, Tarsitani C, Terasaki P. HLA class I epitopes: recognition of binding sites by mAbs or eluted alloantibody confirmed with single recombinant antigens. Hum Immunol. 2007;68:170-80 pubmed
- Kawashiri S, Nishino A, Sueyoshi E, Okada A, Koga T, Yamasaki S, et al. A patient with systemic lupus erythematosus who developed massive small intestinal hemorrhaging during treatment for chronic lupus peritonitis. Mod Rheumatol. 2012;22:312-5 pubmed publisher..Abdominal angiography detected multiple bleeding sites from the jejunal and ileal arteries. After transarterial embolization treatment, the melena disappeared. The pathology of this case appeared to be lupus mesenteric vasculitis. ..
- Johns T, Mellman I, Cartwright G, Ritter G, Old L, Burgess A, et al. The antitumor monoclonal antibody 806 recognizes a high-mannose form of the EGF receptor that reaches the cell surface when cells over-express the receptor. FASEB J. 2005;19:780-2 pubmed..As our observations are likely to apply to other receptors overexpressed in cancer, they suggest a strategy for developing antitumor antibodies even when the target receptor is expressed in normal tissue. ..
- Heigl F, Hettich R, Lotz N, Reeg H, Eder B, Steckholzer Kroth K, et al. Indication and implementation of lipidapheresis, rheopheresis, or immunoadsorption (lessons learnt from Germany's largest apheresis center). Atheroscler Suppl. 2009;10:137-41 pubmed publisher..As a consequence, we include approximately 10 times more patients with appropriate diagnoses in our apheresis program as compared to the national average. ..
- Fujioka Y. [Methods for quantitative analysis of serum remnant-like particle cholesterol]. Nihon Rinsho. 2007;65 Suppl 7:173-7 pubmed
- Grimm S, Yu F, Nygren P. Ribosome display selection of a murine IgG? Fab binding affibody molecule allowing species selective recovery of monoclonal antibodies. Mol Biotechnol. 2011;48:263-76 pubmed publisher..This selective binding profile towards murine IgG? was successfully exploited in species selective recovery of two different mouse mAbs from complex samples containing FBS, resembling a hybridoma culture supernatant. ..
- Wellhausen S, Slone S, Miller J. Clone-specific anti-CD45 blocking factor in patient plasma. Cytometry B Clin Cytom. 2007;72:423-6 pubmed..Biochemical identification of blocking factor was not accomplished. ..
- Fuchs S, Feferman T, Meidler R, Margalit R, Sicsic C, Wang N, et al. A disease-specific fraction isolated from IVIG is essential for the immunosuppressive effect of IVIG in experimental autoimmune myasthenia gravis. J Neuroimmunol. 2008;194:89-96 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that a minor disease-specific immunoglobulin fraction present in IVIG is essential for its suppressive activity. ..
- Keir L, Marks S, Kim J. Shigatoxin-associated hemolytic uremic syndrome: current molecular mechanisms and future therapies. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2012;6:195-208 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discuss future avenues of treatment, including shigatoxin-binding agents and complement inhibitors, such as eculizumab. ..
- Yasuda H, Ohto H, Sakuma S, Ishikawa Y. Secondary anti-D immunization by Del red blood cells. Transfusion. 2005;45:1581-4 pubmed..Adverse episodes or evidence of hemolysis was not observed after the transfusion of RHD(K409K) RBCs. Further clinical evidence is needed to reveal whether the D(el) phenotype has a clinically relevant potential for anti-D immunization. ..
- Felix S, Staudt A. Immunoadsorption as treatment option in dilated cardiomyopathy. Autoimmunity. 2008;41:484-9 pubmed publisher..These antibodies belong to immunoglobulin G subclass 3. Recent data indicate that newly detected sarcolemmal Fc(gamma) receptors IIa are involved in the functional effects of cardiac autoantibodies. ..
- Chemli J, Harbi A. [Treatment of steroid-resistant idiopathic nephrotic syndrome]. Arch Pediatr. 2009;16:260-8 pubmed publisher..In these genetic forms, renal transplantation is the only therapeutic alternative. The aim of this article is to review treatment of SRINS and to propose a management strategy. ..
- Yuan C, Kosewick J, He X, Kozak M, Wang S. Sensitive measurement of serum 1?,25-dihydroxyvitamin D by liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry after removing interference with immunoaffinity extraction. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2011;25:1241-9 pubmed publisher..32?pg/mL, an r value of 0.9797, and a mean percentage difference of -2.9%. In conclusion, usage of immunoaffinity extraction enabled a sensitive LC/MS/MS method for quantification of 1?,25-dihydroxyvitamin D in serum. ..
- Jin Y, Wang M. [Preparation of immunoaffinity chromatographic column specific to diniconazole and its applications to the pretreatment of samples]. Se Pu. 2012;30:67-70 pubmed..55%-94.02% with RSDs of 3.38%-6.78%. The IAC cleanup procedure provided an effective pretreatment method for the determination of diniconazole in sample media such as river water and fruits. ..
- Staudt A, Staudt Y, Hummel A, Empen K, Dorr M, Trimpert C, et al. Effects of immunoadsorption on the nt-BNP and nt-ANP plasma levels of patients suffering from dilated cardiomyopathy. Ther Apher Dial. 2006;10:42-8 pubmed..05. The improvement of left ventricular function during IA is accompanied by a reduction of nt-BNP and nt-ANP plasma levels in patients with DCM. ..
- Eming R, Rech J, Barth S, Kalden J, Schuler G, Harrer T, et al. Prolonged clinical remission of patients with severe pemphigus upon rapid removal of desmoglein-reactive autoantibodies by immunoadsorption. Dermatology. 2006;212:177-87 pubmed..Using the Globaffin adsorber system, IA represents an effective and safe treatment opportunity in severe and therapy-resistant pemphigus. ..