amplified fragment length polymorphism analysis
Summary: The detection of RESTRICTION FRAGMENT LENGTH POLYMORPHISMS by selective PCR amplification of restriction fragments derived from genomic DNA followed by electrophoretic analysis of the amplified restriction fragments.
- Li J, Wang D, Xu X, Bai L, Peng B, Pu Y, et al. Utilization of UPLC/Q-TOF-MS-Based Metabolomics and AFLP-Based Marker-Assisted Selection to Facilitate/Assist Conventional Breeding of Polygala tenuifolia. Chem Biodivers. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..The proposed method of metabolomics coupled with MAS could facilitate/assist the breeding of P. tenuifolia. ..
- Vašek J, Hlásná Čepková P, Viehmannová I, Ocelák M, Cachique Huansi D, Vejl P. Dealing with AFLP genotyping errors to reveal genetic structure in Plukenetia volubilis (Euphorbiaceae) in the Peruvian Amazon. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184259 pubmed publisher..The study illustrates the successful application of AFLP to infer genetic structure in non-model plants. ..
- Aiba T, Saito T, Hayashi A, Sato S, Yunokawa H, Maruyama T, et al. Methylated site display (MSD)-AFLP, a sensitive and affordable method for analysis of CpG methylation profiles. BMC Mol Biol. 2017;18:7 pubmed publisher..Regarding the remarkable precision, sensitivity, and throughput of MSD-AFLP analysis studies, this method will be advantageous in a variety of epigenetics-based research. ..
- Zeng Y, Ye S, Yu W, Wu S, Hou W, Wu R, et al. Genetic linkage map construction and QTL identification of juvenile growth traits in Torreya grandis. BMC Genet. 2014;15 Suppl 1:S2 pubmed publisher..It was observed that the genetic effects of QTLs on growth traits vary with age, suggesting the dynamic behavior of growth QTLs. Part of the QTLs was found to display a pleiotropic effect on basal diameter growth and height growth. ..
- Cai D, Xiao Y, Yang W, Ye W, Wang B, Younas M, et al. Association mapping of six yield?related traits in rapeseed (Brassica napus L.). Theor Appl Genet. 2014;127:85-96 pubmed..The combination of favorable alleles of multiple associated markers significantly enhances trait performance, illustrating a great potential of utilization of the associations in rapeseed breeding programs. ..
- Ney G, Schul J. Population structure within the one-dimensional range of a coastal plain katydid. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179361 pubmed publisher..We also observed a change in body size across the range. Body size, as measured by male hind femur length, correlated closely with latitude, a possible indication of differential selection across the species range. ..
- Bodhini D, Radha V, Ghosh S, Majumder P, Mohan V. Lack of association of PTPN1 gene polymorphisms with type 2 diabetes in south Indians. J Genet. 2011;90:323-6 pubmed
- Wulff T, Argüello R, Molina Jordàn M, Roura Frigolé H, Hauquier G, Filonava L, et al. Detection of a Subset of Posttranscriptional Transfer RNA Modifications in Vivo with a Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism-Based Method. Biochemistry. 2017;56:4029-4038 pubmed publisher..For the examples studied, we show that this approach can reliably estimate the modification status of the sample, a feature that can be useful in the study of the regulatory role of tRNA modifications in gene expression. ..
- Zhang B, Shang P, Tao Z, Qiangba Y, Wang Z, Zhang H. Effect of a single nucleotide polymorphism in the growth hormone secretagogue receptor (GHSR) gene on growth rate in pigs. Gene. 2017;634:68-73 pubmed publisher..05). The results indicated that GHSR had a positive influence on the growth rate of pigs and suggested that the C-1595A SNP could be of value as a molecular marker for improving the production performance of pig breeds. ..
- Guo P, Qi Y, Yang L, Ye X, Jiang H, Huang J, et al. cDNA-AFLP analysis reveals the adaptive responses of citrus to long-term boron-toxicity. BMC Plant Biol. 2014;14:284 pubmed publisher..grandis ones, thus improving the B-tolerance of C. sinensis plants. Our findings reveal some novel mechanisms on the tolerance of plants to B-toxicity at the gene expression level. ..