Genomes and Genes
cellulose acetate electrophoresis
Summary: Electrophoresis in which cellulose acetate is the diffusion medium.
- Chapman H, Hughes J, Jennings C, Kay B, Ritchie S. Population structure and dispersal of the saltmarsh mosquito Aedes vigilax in Queensland, Australia. Med Vet Entomol. 1999;13:423-30 pubmed..vigilax breeding sites are unlikely to be effective against the vagile adult population. Therefore, the contiguous shires programme of broad acre control is endorsed to prevent the spread of arboviruses carried by Ae. vigilax ..
- Domanig R, Jöbstl W, Gruber S, Freudemann T. One-dimensional cellulose acetate plate electrophoresis--a feasible method for analysis of dermatan sulfate and other glycosaminoglycan impurities in pharmaceutical heparin. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2009;49:151-5 pubmed publisher..Results of a validation study of this analytical method are shown, demonstrating its feasibility for routine use in analytical quality control labs under GMP conditions. ..
- Wajcman H. [Diagnosis and screening of sickle cell disease]. Rev Prat. 2004;54:1543-7 pubmed..This diagnosis is usually done by isoelectric focusing, or cellulose acetate electrophoresis at alkaline pH, but more and more frequently by cation exchange HPLC...
- Dzikouk G, Ngoa L, Thonnon J, Dongmo A, Rakotonirina V, Rakotonirina A, et al. [Comparative titration of three antivenin serums used against sub-Saharan African snakes]. Bull Soc Pathol Exot. 2002;95:144-7 pubmed..l-1), whereas both the SII and SAIMR antivenoms showed four fractions whose protein concentrations was respectively 64 g.l-1 and 145 g.l-1. ..
- Barnabe C, Tibayrenc M. Trypanosoma cruzi: long-term sub-cultures in two different culture media do not confirm the existence of highly versatile multilocus genotypes. Int J Parasitol. 2004;34:779-84 pubmed..The discrepancy is probably explained by the cloning method: clones obtained from the previous method (dilution and plating) could come from several parasite cells while only one cell generates a clone when micro-manipulation is used. ..
- Goulas A, Hatzichristou D, Karakiulakis G, Mirtsou Fidani V, Kalinderis A, Papakonstantinou E. Benign hyperplasia of the human prostate is associated with tissue enrichment in chondroitin sulphate of wide size distribution. Prostate. 2000;44:104-10 pubmed..Identification of the responsible enzymes involved in the homeostasis of CS and DS may provide alternative targets for pharmacological intervention. ..
- Machii R, Sakatume M, Kubota R, Kobayashi S, Gejyo F, Shiba K. Examination of the molecular diversity of alpha1 antitrypsin in urine: deficit of an alpha1 globulin fraction on cellulose acetate membrane electrophoresis. J Clin Lab Anal. 2005;19:16-21 pubmed..Detecting changes in alpha1G fractions in CAE may support the differential diagnosis of IgAN from other types of GN. ..
- Hazell S, Andrews R, Mitchell H, Daskalopoulous G. Genetic relationship among isolates of Helicobacter pylori: evidence for the existence of a Helicobacter pylori species-complex. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1997;150:27-32 pubmed..Based on the genetic diversity of H. pylori isolates, we propose that isolates should be classified as belonging not to a single species but to a 'Helicobacter pylori species-complex'. ..
- Subba Rao M, Muralikrishna G. Hemicelluloses of ragi (finger millet, Eleusine coracana, Indaf-15): isolation and purification of an alkali-extractable arabinoxylan from native and malted hemicellulose B. J Agric Food Chem. 2006;54:2342-9 pubmed..A significant decrease in the molecular mass of arabinoxylan from 1200 to 1120 kDa upon malting for 96 h is an indication of cell wall degradation by the inducible cell wall degrading enzymes...
- Harano T, Harano K, Shibata S, Ueda S, Imai K, Seki M. HB Handa [alpha 90 (FG 2) Lys replaced by Met]: structure and biosynthesis of a new slightly higher oxygen affinity variant. Hemoglobin. 1982;6:379-89 pubmed..Globin chain biosynthesis in reticulocytes indicated that the production rate of the abnormal alpha chain was suppressed to 38% of the normal level. ..
- Hu H, Ma M. Hb F-Xinjiang or A gamma T25(B7)Gly----Arg: a new slow-moving unstable fetal hemoglobin variant. Hemoglobin. 1987;11:465-72 pubmed..Its electrophoretic mobility at pH 8.6 was slower than that of Hb D. Structural analyses identified the variant as A gamma T25(B7)Gly----Arg. Heat stability test showed that the variant was unstable. ..
- Arous N, Braconnier F, Thillet J, Blouquit Y, Galacteros F, Chevrier M, et al. Hemoglobin Saint Mandé beta 102 (G4) asn replaced by tyr: a new low oxygen affinity variant. FEBS Lett. 1981;126:114-6 pubmed
- Mania V, Kallivokas A, Malavaki C, Asimakopoulou A, Kanakis J, Theocharis A, et al. A comparative biochemical analysis of glycosaminoglycans and proteoglycans in human orthotopic and heterotopic bone. IUBMB Life. 2009;61:447-52 pubmed publisher..These results may elucidate the phenomenon of ectopic bone formation and assist in early detection. ..
- Larina O. [Blood plasma proteins following long-duration space flight]. Aviakosm Ekolog Med. 2006;40:16-9 pubmed..These results may point to development of an acute reaction in the early period of readaptation to the return from long-duration space flight. ..
- Smith A, Greenman J, Embery G. Detection and possible biological role of chondroitinase and heparitinase enzymes produced by Porphyromonas gingivalis W50. J Periodontal Res. 1997;32:1-8 pubmed..Furthermore these enzymes, particularly the heparitinase, may be involved in the initial permeation of the gingival epithelium, permitting the ingress of further microbial virulence factors. ..
- Mavilio F, Marinucci M, Tentori L, Fontanarosa P, Rossi U, Biagiotti S. Hemoglobin Legnano (alpha2 141 (HC3) Arg replaced by Leu beta2): a new abnormal human hemoglobin with high oxygen affinity. Hemoglobin. 1978;2:249-59 pubmed..Family studies are reported: three other heterozygous carriers were observed among the relatives of the propositus, all showing a mild polycythemia which, however, does not seem to produce appreciable clinical consequences. ..
- Lee C, Kim E, Won Y, Choi Y, Nam K, Kim H, et al. A new variant of the mouse Akp1 locus. Biochem Genet. 2005;43:597-602 pubmedA new electrophoretic migration type of alkaline phosphatase 1 (Akp1) was found on the cellulose acetate electrophoresis for kidney and liver homogenates of KWHM mouse, a newly established inbred strain derived from the Korean wild mouse ..
- Daar S, Gravell D, Hussein H, Pathare A, Wali Y, Krishnamoorthy R. Haematological and clinical features of beta-thalassaemia associated with Hb Dhofar. Eur J Haematol. 2008;80:67-70 pubmed publisher..Clinical and haematological data suggest that this mutation behaves like a moderately severe beta(+) thalassaemia allele resulting in a thalassaemia intermedia phenotype. ..
- Won Y, Hallam S, O Mullan G, Vrijenhoek R. Cytonuclear disequilibrium in a hybrid zone involving deep-sea hydrothermal vent mussels of the genus Bathymodiolus. Mol Ecol. 2003;12:3185-90 pubmed..These results support the hypothesis that the Broken Spur mussel population comprises a nonequilibrium mixture of parental immigrants and hybrid individuals. ..
- Schultz J. Comparison of radial immunodiffusion and alkaline cellulose acetate electrophoresis for quantitating elevated levels of fetal hemoglobin (HbF): application to evaluating patients with sickle cell disease treated with hydroxyurea. J Clin Lab Anal. 1999;13:82-9 pubmedRadial immunodiffusion (RID), alkaline cellulose acetate electrophoresis, and high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) were compared for quantitating the elevated (> 10%) level of fetal hemoglobin (HbF) found in the red blood ..
- Camardella L, di Prisco G, Garofano F, Guerrini A. Purification and properties of NADP-dependent glutamate dehydrogenase from yeast nuclear fractions. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1976;429:324-30 pubmed..The final purification achieved was over 100-fold over the initial extract. 2. Cellulose acetate electrophoresis shows that the preparation is close to homogeneity and that the enzyme is slightly more anionic than ..
- Yorke D, Mitchell J, Clow C, Nuguid E, Cadogan R, Sinclair D, et al. Newborn screening for sickle cell and other hemoglobinopathies: a Canadian pilot study. Clin Invest Med. 1992;15:376-83 pubmed..7%) and analyzed for Hemoglobin S and other hemoglobin variants by cellulose acetate electrophoresis. There were 95 (3...
- Lastras M, Marco I, Montane J, Vinas L, Lavin S. Electrophoretic patterns and immunoglobulin G levels in mouflon (Ovis orientalis musimon) and roe deer (Capreolus capreolus). J Zoo Wildl Med. 2001;32:426-9 pubmed..Both populations had the same relative migration distances of the various protein fractions of the electrophoresis. ..
- Saglio G, Ricco G, Mazza U, Camaschella C, Pich P, Gianni A, et al. Human T gamma globin chain is a variant of A gamma chain (A gamma Sardinia). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1979;76:3420-4 pubmedIsoelectric focusing, cellulose acetate electrophoresis, and carboxymethylcellulose chromatography in the presence of Nonidet P-40 allow the separation of pure gamma chains into two fractions...
- Villarreal D, Barnabe C, Sereno D, Tibayrenc M. Lack of correlation between in vitro susceptibility to Benznidazole and phylogenetic diversity of Trypanosoma cruzi, the agent of Chagas disease. Exp Parasitol. 2004;108:24-31 pubmed..These results are discussed in relation with the proposed hypothesis establishing a link between genetic diversity and biological behaviour in T. cruzi. ..
- Saenz G, Alvarado M, Arroyo G, Alfaro E, Montero G, Jimenez J, et al. Hemoglobin Suresnes in a Costa Rican woman of Spanish-Indian ancestry. Hemoglobin. 1978;2:383-7 pubmed
- Lun Z, Allingham R, Brun R, Lanham S. The isoenzyme characteristics of Trypanosoma evansi and Trypanosoma equiperdum isolated from domestic stocks in China. Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 1992;86:333-40 pubmed..Two other stocks of T. evansi and again the T. equiperdum, all from equines, showed a new pattern ALAT-14. Otherwise the Chinese stocks had the same enzyme profile as T. evansi from elsewhere. ..
- Gibson J, Chambers G, Wilks A, Oakeshott J. An electrophoretically cryptic alcohol dehydrogenase variant in Drosophila melanogaster. I. Activity ratios, thermostability, genetic localization and comparison with two other thermostable variants. Aust J Biol Sci. 1980;33:479-89 pubmed..The geographically widespread distribution of a thermostable ADH variant within the ADH-F electrophoretic class indicates that it should be considered in attempts to explain the Adh polymorphism in natural populations. ..
- Nakano T, Sim J. Glycosaminoglycans from the rooster comb and wattle. Poult Sci. 1989;68:1303-6 pubmed..GAG) were isolated from the rooster comb and wattle by digestion with papain and analyzed by cellulose acetate electrophoresis and enzymatic digestion...
- Mosca A, Paleari R, Made A, Ferrero C, Locatelli M, Ceriotti F. Commutability of control materials in glycohemoglobin determinations. Clin Chem. 1998;44:632-8 pubmed..Total hemoglobin (Hb) content, Hb derivatives, and cellulose acetate electrophoresis demonstrated that only a minority of controls could be considered similar to patients' blood samples...
- Michalski C, Bal F, Burnouf T, Goudemand M. Large-scale production and properties of a solvent-detergent-treated factor IX concentrate from human plasma. Vox Sang. 1988;55:202-10 pubmed..SD treatment could thus be used to inactivate viruses in factor IX concentrate and improve the safety of replacement therapy in hemophilia B. ..
- Marinucci M, Mavilio F, Tentori L, D Erasmo F, Colapietro A, De Stasio G, et al. A new human hemoglobin variant: Hb BARI (alpha 2 45 (CD3) His leads to Gln beta 2). Biochim Biophys Acta. 1980;622:315-9 pubmed..The level of Hb Bari was about 20% in the observed carrier. No relative was available for further investigations. ..
- Zimmerman S, O Branski E, Rosse W, Ware R. Hemoglobin S/O(Arab): thirteen new cases and review of the literature. Am J Hematol. 1999;60:279-84 pubmed..We conclude that Hb S/O(Arab) disease is a severe sickling hemoglobinopathy with laboratory and clinical manifestations similar to those of homozygous sickle cell anemia. ..
- Kragh Hansen U. [Human serum albumin: isoforms and analbuminemia]. Ugeskr Laeger. 2008;170:1638-43 pubmed..The latter albumins may have modified binding and/or immunological properties. Analbuminemia is a rare but relative benign, homozygote condition in which especially the lipid metabolism is affected. ..
- Al Hasani K, Vadolas J, Voullaire L, Williamson R, Ioannou P. Complementation of alpha-thalassaemia in alpha-globin knockout mice with a 191 kb transgene containing the human alpha-globin locus. Transgenic Res. 2004;13:235-43 pubmed..Analysis of haemoglobins from the peripheral blood by cellulose acetate electrophoresis and high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) demonstrated synthesis of human alpha-globin to ..
- Kragh Hansen U, Campagnoli M, Dodig S, Nielsen H, Benko B, Raos M, et al. Structural analysis and fatty acid-binding properties of two Croatian variants of human serum albumin. Clin Chim Acta. 2004;349:105-12 pubmed..It is commonly assumed that bisalbuminaemia has no direct clinical relevance. However, the present study suggests that naturally occurring mutations can affect the ligand-binding properties of human serum albumin. ..
- Jagdale G, Saeb A, Somasekhar N, Grewal P. Genetic variation and relationships between isolates and species of the entomopathogenic nematode genus Heterorhabditis deciphered through isozyme profiles. J Parasitol. 2006;92:509-16 pubmed..bacteriophora is relatively independent of geographic distance. Overall, these results demonstrate strong subspecies structuring in H. bacteriophora...
- Parise E, Parisi F, Leite Mór M, Nogueira M. [Prognostic value of plasmatic fibronectin and Child-Pugh classification in alcoholic cirrhotic patients. A comparative study]. Rev Assoc Med Bras (1992). 2004;50:37-40 pubmed..Although having less accuracy in predicting the risk of death of these patients, plasmatic FN > 165 mg/L was better predictor of survival than Child-Pugh score or any one of its biochemical parameters. ..
- Pfeiler E, Markow T. Loss of expression of alcohol dehydrogenase in adult males of Drosophila pachea. Biochem Genet. 2001;39:139-44 pubmed
- Lin A, Wittmann Liebold B, McNally J, Wool I. The primary structure of the acidic phosphoprotein P2 from rat liver 60 S ribosomal subunits. Comparison with ribosomal 'A' proteins from other species. J Biol Chem. 1982;257:9189-97 pubmed
- Sa Miranda M, Aerts J, Pinto R, Magalhaes J, Barranger J, Tager J, et al. Heterogeneity in human acid beta-glucosidase revealed by cellulose-acetate electrophoresis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1988;965:163-8 pubmed
- Moo Penn W, Jue D, Baine R. Hemoglobin J Rovigo (alpha53 Ala replaced by Asp) in association with beta-thalassemia. Hemoglobin. 1978;2:443-5 pubmed
- Baudin Creuza V, Vasseur Godbillon C, Kister J, Domingues E, Poyart C, Marden M, et al. Importance of helices A and H in oxygen binding differences between bovine and human hemoglobins. Hemoglobin. 2002;26:373-84 pubmed..These mutations did not allow us to obtain a low oxygen affinity recombinant Hb (rHb). This indicates that other factors also influence oxygen binding and the effects are only partially coupled. ..
- Nakano T, Ikawa N, Ozimek L. Galactosaminoglycan composition in chicken eggshell. Poult Sci. 2002;81:709-14 pubmed..Results of chondroitinase-ABC digestion demonstrated 4-sulfated disaccharides to be the major repeating units in the chicken eggshell galactosaminoglycans. ..
- Fujita H, Maeda H, Sakura Y. [Application of HPLC method for the measurement of hyaluronan in pleural fluid--a new alternative of cellulose acetate membrane electrophoresis]. Rinsho Byori. 2002;50:74-8 pubmed..We concluded that the HPLC method was more appropriate than the electrophoretical method for the measurement of hyaluronan in pleural fluid. ..
- Stone G, Atkinson R, Rokas A, Csóka G, Nieves Aldrey J. Differential success in northwards range expansion between ecotypes of the marble gallwasp Andricus kollari: a tale of two lifecycles. Mol Ecol. 2001;10:761-78 pubmed..The biology of oak gallwasps predicts that any hybrid zone will be narrow, and limited to regions where Q. cerris and Q. suber meet. Our data suggest that eastern and western A. kollari are effectively separate species. ..
- Yasueda S, Yamakawa K, Nakanishi Y, Kinoshita M, Kakehi K. Decreased mucin concentrations in tear fluids of contact lens wearers. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2005;39:187-95 pubmed..In contrast, cellulose acetate membrane electrophoresis revealed that mucin band in tear samples from contact lens wearers showed significant decrease as examined by lectin staining. ..
- Miyaji K, Kaneko S, Ishikawa H, Aoyagi T, Hayakawa K, Hata M, et al. Creatine kinase isoforms in the seminal plasma and the purified human sperm. Arch Androl. 2001;46:127-34 pubmed..CK activity in human sperm and seminal plasma were 2.0 +/- 0.7 x 10(-6) IU/10(6) sperm and 661 +/- 360 IU/L, respectively. CK activity in the seminal plasma gave no correlation with the semen parameters. ..
- Chilton N, Beveridge I, Andrews R. An electrophoretic analysis of patterns of speciation in Cloacina clarkae, C. communis, C. petrogale and C. similis (Nematoda:Strongyloidea) from macropodid marsupials. Int J Parasitol. 1997;27:483-93 pubmed..similis and C. petrogale are analogous, the genetic uniformity of the former and diversity of the latter illustrate the incomplete understanding we have of the immediate causes of speciation in nematodes...
- Li H, Liu D, Liu Z, Li P, Li L, Chen J, et al. A new fast-moving hemoglobin variant, Hb J-Tashikuergan alpha 19(AB1) Ala----Glu. Hemoglobin. 1984;8:391-5 pubmed
- Samollow P, Vandeberg J, Ford A, Douglas T, David C. Electrophoretic analysis of liver neuraminidase-1 variation in mice and additional evidence concerning the location of NEU-1. J Immunogenet. 1986;13:29-39 pubmed..Recombination rates among six H-2-linked marker loci were unexpectedly low, but were sufficient to verify the position of Upg-1 as the telomeric flanking marker relative to Glo-1, H-2 (C4), Neu-1 (Apl), Ce-2 and Pgk-2. ..
- Nakano T, Scott P. Proteoglycans of the articular disc of the bovine temporomandibular joint. I. High molecular weight chondroitin sulphate proteoglycan. Matrix. 1989;9:277-83 pubmed..Other characteristics shared with previously-described cartilage proteoglycans include the presence of keratan sulphate and the ability to aggregate with hyaluronic acid. ..
- Winter V, Rosenvall A, Heikkilä S, von Essen R. Acquired bisalbuminemia in staphylococcal endocarditis treated with dicloxacillin. Scand J Infect Dis. 1992;24:811-4 pubmedAn albumin fraction with increased anodal mobility was observed on cellulose acetate electrophoresis, isoelectric focusing, and immunoelectrophoresis of serum obtained 1 month after a 68-year-old male patient had been treated with ..