Summary: A highly miniaturized version of ELECTROPHORESIS performed in a microfluidic device.
- Alonso A, Albarran C, Martin P, Garcia P, Capilla J, Garcia O, et al. Usefulness of microchip electrophoresis for the analysis of mitochondrial DNA in forensic and ancient DNA studies. Electrophoresis. 2006;27:5101-9 pubmed..Future possibilities of MCE in forensic DNA typing, including nuclear STRs and SNP profiling are suggested. ..
- Maeda E, Kataoka M, Hino M, Kajimoto K, Kaji N, Tokeshi M, et al. Determination of human blood glucose levels using microchip electrophoresis. Electrophoresis. 2007;28:2927-33 pubmedA high-performance monitoring system for human blood glucose levels was developed using microchip electrophoresis with a plastic chip...
- Sinville R, Soper S. High resolution DNA separations using microchip electrophoresis. J Sep Sci. 2007;30:1714-28 pubmed
- Nandi P, Desai D, Lunte S. Development of a PDMS-based microchip electrophoresis device for continuous online in vivo monitoring of microdialysis samples. Electrophoresis. 2010;31:1414-22 pubmed publisherA PDMS-based microfluidic system for online coupling of microdialysis sampling to microchip electrophoresis with fluorescence detection for in vivo analysis of amino acid neurotransmitters using naphthalene-2,3-dicarboxaldehyde and ..
- Zhao S, Huang Y, Shi M, Liu R, Liu Y. Chemiluminescence resonance energy transfer-based detection for microchip electrophoresis. Anal Chem. 2010;82:2036-41 pubmed publisher..in micro- and nanofluidic devices are extremely small, a sensitive detection is required following microchip electrophoresis (MCE)...
- Law W, Tay E, Feng H, Yu L, Zhao J, Li S. Rapid identification of purified enteropathogenic Escherichia coli by microchip electrophoresis. J Sep Sci. 2007;30:1446-52 pubmedIn this work, the potential of PDMS-based microchip electrophoresis in the identifications and characterizations of microorganism was evaluated. Enteropathogenic E. coli (EPEC) was selected as the model microorganism...
- Llopis S, Stryjewski W, Soper S. Near-infrared time-resolved fluorescence lifetime determinations in poly(methylmethacrylate) microchip electrophoresis devices. Electrophoresis. 2004;25:3810-9 pubmed..The relative standard deviations secured for individual bands in the electropherogram were similar to those obtained using capillary gel electrophoresis, in spite of the lower load volume. ..
- Qin J, Leung F, Fung Y, Zhu D, Lin B. Rapid authentication of ginseng species using microchip electrophoresis with laser-induced fluorescence detection. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2005;381:812-9 pubmed..In this study, a microchip electrophoresis method coupled with the polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-short tandem repeats (STR) technique was ..
- Ito T, Inoue A, Sato K, Hosokawa K, Maeda M. Autonomous polymer loading and sample injection for microchip electrophoresis. Anal Chem. 2005;77:4759-64 pubmedWe have developed an extremely simple method for microchip electrophoresis. Loading of a sieving polymer solution and injection of a sample solution are autonomously executed by a microchip fabricated in poly(dimethylsiloxane) (PDMS)...
- Endo Y, Zhang L, Katashima R, Itakura M, Doherty E, Barron A, et al. Effect of polymer matrix and glycerol on rapid single-strand conformation polymorphism analysis by capillary and microchip electrophoresis for detection of mutations in K-ras gene. Electrophoresis. 2005;26:3380-6 pubmedWe present the rapid single-strand conformation polymorphism (SSCP) analysis by capillary and microchip electrophoresis to detect the mutations in K-ras gene...
- Nishikawa F, Arakawa H, Nishikawa S. Application of microchip electrophoresis in the analysis of RNA aptamer-protein interactions. Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids. 2006;25:369-82 pubmedDNA and RNA can be separated by microchip electrophoresis (ME) and detected using an intercalating fluorescent dye...
- Funes Huacca M, Regitano L, Mueller O, Carrilho E. Semiquantitative determination of Alicyclobacillus acidoterrestris in orange juice by reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction and capillary electrophoresis--laser induced fluorescence using microchip technology. Electrophoresis. 2004;25:3860-4 pubmed..Semiquantitative RT-PCR using the Agilent 2100 bioanalyzer is a potentially useful approach for rapid in vitro determination of A. acidoterrestris and monitoring of inhibitor susceptibility for the orange juice-producing industry. ..
- Jabasini M, Ewis A, Xu F, Mohamadi M, Ping G, Shinka T, et al. Multiplex PCR with multichannel microchip electrophoresis: an ultrafast analysis for genetic diseases. J Chromatogr Sci. 2005;43:221-5 pubmed..polymorphic markers screening strategy using a multiplex polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and DNA microchip electrophoresis technology has recently been developed...
- Qin J, Liu Z, Wu D, Zhu N, Zhou X, Fung Y, et al. Genotyping the -6A/G functional polymorphism in the core promoter region of angiotensinogen gene by microchip electrophoresis. Electrophoresis. 2005;26:219-24 pubmed..A microchip electrophoresis method coupled with polymorphism chain reaction (PCR)-restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) ..
- Ping G, Zhu B, Jabasini M, Xu F, Oka H, Sugihara H, et al. Analysis of lipoproteins by microchip electrophoresis with high speed and high reproducibility. Anal Chem. 2005;77:7282-7 pubmedA method for the fast analysis of lipoproteins by microchip electrophoresis with light-emitting diode confocal fluorescence detection has been developed...
- Schulze P, Ludwig M, Kohler F, Belder D. Deep UV laser-induced fluorescence detection of unlabeled drugs and proteins in microchip electrophoresis. Anal Chem. 2005;77:1325-9 pubmed..UV fluorescence detection at 266-nm excitation wavelength has been realized for sensitive detection in microchip electrophoresis. For this purpose, an epifluorescence setup was developed enabling the coupling of a deep UV laser into ..
- Hataoka Y, Zhang L, Yukimasa T, Baba Y. Rapid microvolume PCR of DNA confirmed by microchip electrophoresis. Anal Sci. 2005;21:53-6 pubmed..chambers of LightCycler, and the following analysis of PCR products could be completed within 120 s with microchip electrophoresis as the detector...
- Han A, Hosokawa K, Maeda M. Phosphate-affinity electrophoresis on a microchip for determination of protein kinase activity. Electrophoresis. 2009;30:3507-13 pubmed publisher..The microPAE was also successful in the presence of inhibitors for c-Src. The measured 50% inhibitory concentration values for staurosporine, PP2, and SU6656 were in good agreement with the literature values. ..
- Bowen A, Martin R. Integration of serpentine channels for microchip electrophoresis with a palladium decoupler and electrochemical detection. Electrophoresis. 2009;30:3347-54 pubmed publisherAlthough it has been shown that microchip electrophoresis (MCE) with electrochemical detection can be used to separate and detect electroactive species, there is a need to increase the separation performance of these devices so that ..
- Liu C, Li J, Liu J, Wang L, Hao Z, Chen H. Fracture mechanism of metal electrode integrated on a chip and fabrication of a poly(ethylene terephthalate) electrophoresis microchip. Talanta. 2009;79:1341-7 pubmed publisher..Satisfactory reproducibility was achieved, and the RSD values of peak height and migration time of the PET CE chips were 0.51% and 2.17%, respectively. ..
- Zhang Y, Ping G, Zhu B, Kaji N, Tokeshi M, Baba Y. Enhanced electrophoretic resolution of monosulfate glycosaminoglycan disaccharide isomers on poly(methyl methacrylate) chips. Electrophoresis. 2007;28:414-21 pubmedTo improve the separation of monosulfate glycosaminoglycan disaccharide isomers by microchip electrophoresis, we found that addition of 1,4-dioxane (DO) dramatically improved analyte resolution, probably due to solvation effects...
- Du E, Manoochehri S. Electrohydrodynamic-mediated dielectrophoretic separation and transport based on asymmetric electrode pairs. Electrophoresis. 2008;29:5017-25 pubmed publisher..The combination of dielectrophoretic separation and AC ET pumping function provides a promising approach to further miniaturize and integrate these mechanisms into lab-on-chip devices. ..
- Desai S, Vahey M, Voldman J. Electrically addressable vesicles: tools for dielectrophoresis metrology. Langmuir. 2009;25:3867-75 pubmed publisher..This combined with the ability to encode information about the properties of the vesicle in its fluorescence signature forms the first steps toward the development of EAV populations as metrology tools for any DEP-based microsystem. ..
- Chen X, Flynn G. A high throughput dimer screening assay for monoclonal antibodies using chemical cross-linking and microchip electrophoresis. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2009;877:3012-8 pubmed publisher..This method utilizes high speed microchip electrophoresis separation following chemical cross-linking...
- Lin C, Hsu B, Chen S. Integrated isotachophoretic stacking and gel electrophoresis on a plastic substrate and variations in detection dynamic range. Electrophoresis. 2008;29:1228-36 pubmed publisher..Such advantage is demonstrated to be useful for the detection of two products amplified from a multiplex PCR in which one product is poorly amplified compared to the other. ..
- Fu L, Lee C, Liao M, Lin C. Fabrication and testing of high-performance detection sensor for capillary electrophoresis microchips. Biomed Microdevices. 2008;10:73-80 pubmed..The proposed high-performance detection sensors have microscale dimensions and provide a critical step towards the realization of the lab-on-a-chip concept. ..
- Chen C, Yen S, Makamba H, Li C, Tsai M, Chen S. Semihydrodynamic injection for high salt stacking and sweeping on microchip electrophoresis and its application for the analysis of estrogen and estrogen binding. Anal Chem. 2007;79:195-201 pubmed..hydrodynamic injection used for high salt sample stacking on a microchip, also for further combining micellar electrochromatography and affinity separation for the analysis of hydrophobic ligand binding using microchip electrophoresis.
- Park K, Akin D, Bashir R. Electrical capture and lysis of vaccinia virus particles using silicon nano-scale probe array. Biomed Microdevices. 2007;9:877-83 pubmed..In addition, elongated strands of DNA were clearly observed on the chip surface after the application of the high electric field, demonstrating the possibility of electrical lysis of virus particles. ..
- Wang Y, Ouyang J, Baeyens W, Delanghe J. Use of nanomaterials in capillary and microchip electrophoresis. Expert Rev Proteomics. 2007;4:287-98 pubmed..and their use in capillary electrophoresis (CE) and capillary electrochromatography, as well as in microchip electrophoresis, including metal and metal oxide nanoparticles, carbon nanotubes, fullerene and polymer nanoparticles, ..
- Werling J, Kocsis B, Dean D, Kustos I. Characterisation of protein composition and detection of IgA in cervicovaginal fluid by microchip technology. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2008;869:54-8 pubmed publisherIn this paper the application of microchip electrophoresis to examine the protein profile of cervicovaginal fluid and the detection of IgA heavy and light chains is presented...
- Kilár A, Peterfi Z, Csorba E, Kilar F, Kocsis B. Capillary electrophoresis chips for screening of endotoxin chemotypes from whole-cell lysates. J Chromatogr A. 2008;1206:21-5 pubmed publisherA fast microchip electrophoresis method was developed to analyze and differentiate bacterial endotoxins directly from whole-cell lysates after removal of the proteinaceous components with proteinase K digestion and a precipitation of the ..
- De la Rosa C, Tilley P, Fox J, Kaler K. Microfluidic device for dielectrophoresis manipulation and electrodisruption of respiratory pathogen Bordetella pertussis. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2008;55:2426-32 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that a simple miniaturized microfluidic device can achieve important steps in sample preparation on-chip involving respiratory bacterial pathogens. ..
- Phillips T, Kalish H, Wellner E. Receptor affinity CE for measuring bioactive inflammatory cytokines in human skin biopsies. Electrophoresis. 2009;30:3947-54 pubmed publisher..This system, like previous chip-based systems designed in our laboratory, holds the potential for being modified to be a portable unit that could be used in clinics and other biomedical screening studies. ..
- Yasukawa T, Suzuki M, Sekiya T, Shiku H, Matsue T. Flow sandwich-type immunoassay in microfluidic devices based on negative dielectrophoresis. Biosens Bioelectron. 2007;22:2730-6 pubmed..The described system enables mouse IgG to be assayed in 40 min. Thus, the automatic separation of free fractions from desired analytes and labeled antibodies can be achieved using a microfluidic device based on n-DEP. ..
- Tsukagoshi K, Tsuge K, Nakajima R. Development of an immune microanalysis system by use of peroxyoxalate chemiluminescence detection. Anal Sci. 2007;23:739-41 pubmed..At this point, CL detection was performed. The system described here was capable of determining human serum albumin or immunosuppressive acidic protein as a cancer marker in human serum. ..
- Wu R, Yang C, Lian C, Cheing C, Tseng F. Dual-asymmetry electrokinetic flow focusing for pre-concentration and analysis of catecholamines in CE electrochemical nanochannels. Electrophoresis. 2009;30:2523-31 pubmed publisher..25 and 3.3 nM of dopamine and catechol, respectively. A detection limit at the zeptomole level for dopamine can be obtained in this device, which is close to the level released by a single neuron cell in vitro. ..
- Pumera M, Merkoçi A, Alegret S. Carbon nanotube detectors for microchip CE: comparative study of single-wall and multiwall carbon nanotube, and graphite powder films on glassy carbon, gold, and platinum electrode surfaces. Electrophoresis. 2007;28:1274-80 pubmedThe performance of microchip electrophoresis/electrochemistry system with carbon nanotube (CNT) film electrodes was studied...
- Grunert T, Marchetti Deschmann M, Miller I, Muller M, Allmaier G. Comparing the applicability of CGE-on-the-chip and SDS-PAGE for fast pre-screening of mouse serum samples prior to proteomics analysis. Electrophoresis. 2008;29:4332-40 pubmed publisher..Three samples showed limited homogeneity with both methods. Five and six samples, respectively, were indicated as noticeable with one of the used methods. ..
- Shiu J, Whang W, Chen P. Behavior of single DNA molecules in the well-ordered nanopores. J Chromatogr A. 2008;1206:72-6 pubmed publisher..It was found that the length of DNA molecules oscillated in the nanoporous structures. The measured length for lambda-phage DNA was larger in the 330 nm cavity than those measured in the 570 nm cavity. ..
- Gao Y, Luo Y, Qin J, Lin B. A multichannel electrophoresis microchip platform for rapid chiral selector screening. Electrophoresis. 2008;29:1918-23 pubmed publisher..This platform needs only five electrodes to drive microchip electrophoresis in four separate channels for screening four chiral selectors at a time...
- Kaigala G, Hoang V, Stickel A, Lauzon J, Manage D, Pilarski L, et al. An inexpensive and portable microchip-based platform for integrated RT-PCR and capillary electrophoresis. Analyst. 2008;133:331-8 pubmed publisher..We believe that this combination of portability, cost-effectiveness and performance will enable more accessible healthcare. ..
- Vrouwe E, Luttge R, Vermes I, van den Berg A. Microchip capillary electrophoresis for point-of-care analysis of lithium. Clin Chem. 2007;53:117-23 pubmed..The detection limit for lithium was 0.15 mmol/L. The new microchip CE system provides a convenient and rapid method for point-of-care testing of electrolytes in serum and whole blood. ..
- Easley C, Karlinsey J, Bienvenue J, Legendre L, Roper M, Feldman S, et al. A fully integrated microfluidic genetic analysis system with sample-in-answer-out capability. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:19272-7 pubmed
- Scott M, Knight A. Quantitative PCR analysis for fruit juice authentication using PCR and laboratory-on-a-chip capillary electrophoresis according to the Hardy-Weinberg law. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:4545-51 pubmed publisher..Although the LOC can provide good quantitative end-point analytical data from PCR methods, care must be taken in data interpretation because different data interpretation applies dependent on the attainment of the PCR plateau. ..
- Fan X, Li Q, Wang S, Xu Z, Du W, Fang Q, et al. High-throughput analysis of DNA fragments using a miniaturized CE system combined with a slotted-vial array sample introduction system. Electrophoresis. 2008;29:4733-8 pubmed publisher..The detection limitation for 603 bp fragment was 0.4 ng/microL with a precision of 2.2% RSD for the peak height. Automated sample changing and introduction were achieved with only 0.3 nL gross sample consumption for each cycle. ..
- Sun K, Suzuki N, Li Z, Araki R, Ueno K, Juodkazis S, et al. Electrophoretic chip for fractionation of selective DNA fragment. Electrophoresis. 2008;29:3959-63 pubmed publisher..Compared with the traditional method, our chips enable faster and high-fidelity fractionation, thus providing a new tool for bioanalysis and other applications. ..
- Sinville R, Coyne J, Meagher R, Cheng Y, Barany F, Barron A, et al. Ligase detection reaction for the analysis of point mutations using free-solution conjugate electrophoresis in a polymer microfluidic device. Electrophoresis. 2008;29:4751-60 pubmed publisher..With resolution comparable to traditional gel-based CAE, FSCE along with microchip electrophoresis decreased the separation time by more than a factor of 40.