Summary: Coating with a metal or alloy by electrolysis.
- Pierre F, Diebold F, Baruthio F. Biomonitoring of two types of chromium exposure in an electroplating shop. Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 2008;81:321-9 pubmedThis study is concerned with two specific chromium (Cr) exposure situations at a hard-process electroplating company. Its aims are to define variations in urinary Cr concentration and to clarify their exposure relationships...
- Ganguli A, Tripathi A. Bioremediation of toxic chromium from electroplating effluent by chromate-reducing Pseudomonas aeruginosa A2Chr in two bioreactors. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2002;58:416-20 pubmed..In electroplating effluent containing 100 mg Cr(VI)/l, however, the amount of Cr(VI) reduced by the cells immobilized in agarose-..
- Ajmal M, Rao R, Ahmad R, Ahmad J. Adsorption studies on Citrus reticulata (fruit peel of orange): removal and recovery of Ni(II) from electroplating wastewater. J Hazard Mater. 2000;79:117-31 pubmed..83% in column and 76% in batch process, respectively. The spent adsorbent was regenerated and recycled thrice. The removal and recovery was also done in wastewater and was found to be 89% and 93.33%, respectively. ..
- Hang X, Wang H, Zhou J, Du C, Chen X. Characteristics and accumulation of heavy metals in sediments originated from an electroplating plant. J Hazard Mater. 2009;163:922-30 pubmed publisherHeavy metals in river water and sediments originated from an electroplating plant in Jiangsu Province of China were studied and analyzed for their environmental impact...
- Greven B, Luepke M, von Dorsche S. Telescoping implant prostheses with intraoral luted galvano mesostructures to improve passive fit. J Prosthet Dent. 2007;98:239-44 pubmed..This article describes a technique for the fabrication of telescopic, metal-acrylic resin, implant-supported complete dentures. Precise fit is achieved by intraoral luting of telescopic galvano mesostructures to the framework. ..
- Bishnoi N, Bajaj M, Sanatomba K. Biosorption of zinc (II) using Spirogyra species from electroplating effluent. J Environ Biol. 2005;26:661-4 pubmed..3% to 63.6% with increase in the temperature from 25 degrees C to 35 degrees C but further increase resulted in the decrease in adsorption. Freundlich isotherm was applied and it holds good for the adsorption data. ..
- Juang R, Kao H, Liu F. Ion exchange recovery of Ni(II) from simulated electroplating waste solutions containing anionic ligands. J Hazard Mater. 2006;128:53-9 pubmed..The Na-form of strong-acid Purolite NRW-100 resin was used to recover Ni(II) from a simulated electroplating waste solution containing NiSO4, NH4Cl, NaH2PO4, and citrate...
- Adhoum N, Monser L, Bellakhal N, Belgaied J. Treatment of electroplating wastewater containing Cu2+, Zn2+ and Cr(VI) by electrocoagulation. J Hazard Mater. 2004;112:207-13 pubmed..The process was successfully applied to the treatment of an electroplating wastewater where an effective reduction of (Cu2+, Zn2+ and Cr(VI)) concentrations under legal limits was ..
- Alvarez Ayuso E, Garcia Sanchez A, Querol X. Purification of metal electroplating waste waters using zeolites. Water Res. 2003;37:4855-62 pubmed..041 mmol/g), appearing, therefore, as most suitable to perform metal waste water purification processes. This mineral showed the same high sorption capacity values when used in the purification of metal electroplating waste waters.
- Kuo H, Wu M. Effects of chromic acid exposure on immunological parameters among electroplating workers. Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 2002;75:186-90 pubmedTo investigate the immunological parameters of chromic acid exposure among electroplating workers. Forty-six subjects were selected from five electroplating plants in central Taiwan...
- Agana B, Reeve D, Orbell J. The influence of an applied electric field during ceramic ultrafiltration of post-electrodeposition rinse wastewater. Water Res. 2012;46:3574-84 pubmed publisher..In contrast, at higher TMPs of 200 and 300 kPa, no improvement in filtration efficiency was obtained at all magnitudes of applied voltages. ..
- Zhang J, Zhou J, Liu Q, Qian G, Xu Z. Efficient removal of sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) through reacting with recycled electroplating sludge. Environ Sci Technol. 2013;47:6493-9 pubmed publisherThis paper reports that recycled electroplating sludge is able to efficiently remove greenhouse gas sulfur hexafluoride (SF6). The removal process involves various reactions of SF6 with the recycled sludge...
- Lin J, Tian F, Shang Y, Wang F, Ding B, Yu J, et al. Co-axial electrospun polystyrene/polyurethane fibres for oil collection from water surface. Nanoscale. 2013;5:2745-55 pubmed publisher..We believe that the composite PS-PU fibrous mats have a great potential application in wastewater treatment, oil accident remediation and environmental protection. ..
- Wang Z, Zhang J, Yin Z, Wu S, Mandler D, Zhang H. Fabrication of nanoelectrode ensembles by electrodepositon of Au nanoparticles on single-layer graphene oxide sheets. Nanoscale. 2012;4:2728-33 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the target DNA can be detected as low as 100 fM, i.e. 0.5 amol DNA in 5 ?L solution. ..
- Suksabye P, Thiravetyan P. Cr(VI) adsorption from electroplating plating wastewater by chemically modified coir pith. J Environ Manage. 2012;102:1-8 pubmed publisherCoir pith samples were chemically modified by grafting with acrylic acid for the removal of Cr(VI) from electroplating wastewater...
- Sainger P, Dhankhar R, Sainger M, Kaushik A, Singh R. Assessment of heavy metal tolerance in native plant species from soils contaminated with electroplating effluent. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2011;74:2284-91 pubmed publisherHeavy metals concentrations of (Cr, Zn, Fe, Cu and Ni) were determined in plants and soils contaminated with electroplating industrial effluent...
- Serrano Ramón L, Córdoba R, Rodríguez L, Magen C, Snoeck E, Gatel C, et al. Ultrasmall functional ferromagnetic nanostructures grown by focused electron-beam-induced deposition. ACS Nano. 2011;5:7781-7 pubmed publisher..Apart from growing ultranarrow nanowires, very small Hall sensors have been created and their large response has been unveiled. ..
- Atta N, El Kady M, Galal A. Simultaneous determination of catecholamines, uric acid and ascorbic acid at physiological levels using poly(N-methylpyrrole)/Pd-nanoclusters sensor. Anal Biochem. 2010;400:78-88 pubmed publisher..The reliability and stability of the modified electrode gave a good possibility for applying the technique to routine analysis of AA, DA, and UA in clinical tests. ..
- Ropp C, Cummins Z, Probst R, Qin S, Fourkas J, Shapiro B, et al. Positioning and immobilization of individual quantum dots with nanoscale precision. Nano Lett. 2010;10:4673-9 pubmed publisher..By combining this material with electroosmotic feedback control, we demonstrate the ability to position selected, individual quantum dots at specific locations and to immobilize them with 130 nm precision via localized UV exposure. ..
- Gutman Grinbank S, Soba A, Gonzalez G, Diaz Constanzo G, Bogo H, Marshall G. Simulations of transport regime in electrodeposition in different viscosity scenarios. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2010;2010:3241-4 pubmed publisher..The time scaling of this phenomenon is studied and compared to previously reported low viscosity solution studies. ..
- Lu Q, Chu P. A novel method for effective sodium ion implantation into silicon. Rev Sci Instrum. 2012;83:075116 pubmed publisher..The Na 1s XPS spectra disclose Na(2)O-SiO(2) bonds and the implantation effects are confirmed by tapping mode atomic force microscopy. Our setup provides a feasible way to conduct sodium ion implantation effectively. ..
- Singhal C, Malhotra N, Chauhan N, Narang S, Pundir C, Narang J. Hierarchical electrodeposition of methylene blue on ZnO nanocrystals thin films layered on SnO2/F electrode for in vitro sensing of anti-thalassemic drug. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2016;62:596-604 pubmed publisher..Attempts have been made to utilize this electrode for estimation of deferiprone in urine samples. The developed sensor exhibited high reproducibility and good storage stability. ..
- Hirt L, Ihle S, Pan Z, Dorwling Carter L, Reiser A, Wheeler J, et al. Template-Free 3D Microprinting of Metals Using a Force-Controlled Nanopipette for Layer-by-Layer Electrodeposition. Adv Mater. 2016;28:2311-5 pubmed publisher..AFM) cantilevers are used to locally supply metal ions in an electrochemical cell, enabling a localized electroplating reaction...
- Pishbin F, Mourino V, Gilchrist J, McComb D, Kreppel S, Salih V, et al. Single-step electrochemical deposition of antimicrobial orthopaedic coatings based on a bioactive glass/chitosan/nano-silver composite system. Acta Biomater. 2013;9:7469-79 pubmed publisher..This was attributed to the relatively high concentration of Ag-np incorporated in the coatings. ..
- Lata S, Pundir C. L-amino acid biosensor based on L-amino acid oxidase immobilized onto NiHCNFe/c-MWCNT/PPy/GC electrode. Int J Biol Macromol. 2013;54:250-7 pubmed publisher..The biosensor showed excellent analytical characteristics along with short response time, good shelf life, and negligible interference of commonly present interferents. The film could be used for improvement of other biosensors also. ..
- Heedt S, Morgan C, Weis K, Bürgler D, Calarco R, Hardtdegen H, et al. Electrical spin injection into InN semiconductor nanowires. Nano Lett. 2012;12:4437-43 pubmed publisher..Lateral nanowire spin valves were prepared. The spin relaxation length is demonstrated to be about 200 nm, which provides an incentive to pursue the route toward nanowire spin logic devices...
- Miorin E, Montagner F, Battiston S, Fiameni S, Fabrizio M. ZnO:Al thin films deposited by RF-magnetron sputtering with tunable and uniform properties. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2011;11:2191-5 pubmed..The thin films were characterized by FE-SEM, XRD, UV-VIS spectroscopy, four probe and van der Paw techniques. ..
- Nabi S, Shahadat M, Bushra R, Shalla A, Azam A. Synthesis and characterization of nano-composite ion-exchanger; its adsorption behavior. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2011;87:122-8 pubmed publisher..The practical utility of polyanilineZr(IV)sulphosalicylate cation exchanger has been established for the analysis and recovery of heavy metal ions in environmental samples. ..
- Dragin F, Pénicaud A, Iurlo M, Marcaccio M, Paolucci F, Anglaret E, et al. Raman doping profiles of polyelectrolyte SWNTs in solution. ACS Nano. 2011;5:9892-7 pubmed publisher..While these experiments can be used to estimate the energy levels of individual nanotubes, strong dynamical screening appears to dominate in individual SWNT polyelectrolytes so that only screened energy levels are being probed. ..
- Taufany F, Pan C, Rick J, Chou H, Tsai M, Hwang B, et al. Kinetically controlled autocatalytic chemical process for bulk production of bimetallic core-shell structured nanoparticles. ACS Nano. 2011;5:9370-81 pubmed publisher..It was found that the bimetallic Pd@Pt NPs exhibited a significantly enhanced electrocatalytic activity, with respect to this reaction, in comparison with their monometallic counterparts. ..
- Koyano K, Machino A, Takeda M, Matsui T, Fujimichi R, Ohashi Y, et al. In vivo visualization of single-unit recording sites using MRI-detectable elgiloy deposit marking. J Neurophysiol. 2011;105:1380-92 pubmed publisher..This new in vivo method is feasible for chronic experiments with nonhuman primates, enabling analysis of the functional architecture of the cerebral cortex underlying cognitive processes. ..
- Lin T, Lin C, Liu H, Sheu J, Hung W. Potential-controlled electrodeposition of gold dendrites in the presence of cysteine. Chem Commun (Camb). 2011;47:2044-6 pubmed publisher..The Au dendrites possessed a hierarchical architecture with three-fold symmetry; they comprised trunks, branches, and nanorod leaves, which all grew along the <111> direction. ..
- Naik U, Das M, Sauran S, Thakur I. Assessment of in vitro cyto/genotoxicity of sequentially treated electroplating effluent on the human hepatocarcinoma HuH-7 cell line. Mutat Res Genet Toxicol Environ Mutagen. 2014;762:9-16 pubmed publisherThe present study compares in vitro toxicity of electroplating effluent after the batch treatment process with that obtained after the sequential treatment process...
- Serrà A, Gomez E, Calderó G, Esquena J, Solans C, Vallés E. Conductive microemulsions for template CoNi electrodeposition. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013;15:14653-9 pubmed publisher..The magnetic properties of the CoNi deposits vary with their structure. ..
- Stange A, Hedrich R, Roelfsema M. Ca(2+)-dependent activation of guard cell anion channels, triggered by hyperpolarization, is promoted by prolonged depolarization. Plant J. 2010;62:265-76 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, prolonged depolarization to 0 mV alters the activity of Ca(2+) transport proteins, resulting in an overshoot of the cytosolic Ca(2+) level after returning the membrane potential to -100 mV. ..
- Santiago D, Rodríguez Calero G, Palkar A, Barraza Jiménez D, Galvan D, Casillas G, et al. Platinum electrodeposition on unsupported carbon nano-onions. Langmuir. 2012;28:17202-10 pubmed publisher..The combination of CNO with RoDSE presents a new highly dispersed catalyst nanomaterial. ..
- Bazin D, Chevalier S, Saadaoui H, Santarelli X, Larpent C, Feracci H, et al. Electrodeposition of polymer nanodots with controlled density and their reversible functionalization by polyhistidine-tag proteins. Langmuir. 2012;28:13968-75 pubmed publisher..AFM observations confirmed the immobilization of 6-His GFP onto cyclam-nps and its subsequent removal by treatment with ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA)...
- Savage R, Orgiu E, Mativetsky J, Pisula W, Schnitzler T, Eversloh C, et al. Charge transport in fibre-based perylene-diimide transistors: effect of the alkyl substitution and processing technique. Nanoscale. 2012;4:2387-93 pubmed publisher..The study of the electrical characteristics of the obtained low dimensional nano-assemblies has been accomplished by fabricating and characterizing organic field-effect transistors. ..
- An J, Zhou Q. Degradation of some typical pharmaceuticals and personal care products with copper-plating iron doped Cu2O under visible light irradiation. J Environ Sci (China). 2012;24:827-33 pubmed..According to the experimental results, we propose the possible reaction mechanism of the reaction. ..
- Bayer S, Kraus D, Keilig L, Gölz L, Stark H, Enkling N. Changes in retention force with electroplated copings on conical crowns: a comparison of gold and zirconia primary crowns. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2012;27:577-85 pubmed..The development of retention force in both groups was not significantly different. However, the zirconia specimens showed reduced variability, which is preferable in clinical practice. ..
- Zingler S, Erber R, Lux C, Seeberger R, Bister D, Ludwig B. Biocompatibility of gold and stainless steel chains used for forced eruption of impacted teeth - an in vitro investigation. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2013;116:159-68 pubmed publisher..For patients not suffering from allergies against nickel there might be no rationale to favor gold plated chains, as there are no functional aspects to favor gold plated chains over stainless steel chains. ..
- Song C, Back S, Yu S, Lee H, Kim B, Yang N, et al. Direct-patterning of porphyrin dot arrays and lines using electrohydrodynamic jet printing. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2012;12:475-80 pubmed..We have also demonstrated the acid-vapor sensing capability of the porphyrins by exposing the porphyrin patterns on Si substrates to nitric acid vapor. ..
- Ramos A, Vieira M. An efficient strategy to detect latent fingermarks on metallic surfaces. Forensic Sci Int. 2012;217:196-203 pubmed publisher..These films present discontinuous surface and columnar cross-sections, while copper thin films have a featureless morphology. ..
- Machado M, Soares E, Soares H. Selective recovery of chromium, copper, nickel, and zinc from an acid solution using an environmentally friendly process. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2011;18:1279-85 pubmed publisherReal electroplating effluents contain multiple metals. An important point related with the feasibility of the bioremediation process is linked with the strategy to recover selectively metals...
- Chakravarty R, Sarkar S, Venkatesh M, Dash A. An electrochemical procedure to concentrate 99mTc availed from a zirconium [99Mo] molybdate gel generator. Appl Radiat Isot. 2012;70:375-9 pubmed publisher..The compatibility of the product in the preparation of (99m)Tc labeled formulations such as (99m)Tc-DMSA and (99m)Tc-EC was found to be satisfactory in terms of high labeling yields (>98%). ..
- Wu M, Brooks N, Schaltin S, Binnemans K, Fransaer J. Electrodeposition of germanium from the ionic liquid 1-butyl-1-methylpyrrolidinium dicyanamide. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013;15:4955-64 pubmed publisher..The polymerization reaction could be avoided by using an equimolar [BMP]Cl-[BMP][DCA] mixture as electrolyte. Smooth, porous germanium films were electrodeposited on both copper and silicon substrates. ..
- Zhou X, Peng F, Wang H, Yu H, Fang Y. Carbon nitride polymer sensitized TiO2 nanotube arrays with enhanced visible light photoelectrochemical and photocatalytic performance. Chem Commun (Camb). 2011;47:10323-5 pubmed publisher..Novel carbon nitride polymer sensitized TiO(2) nanotube arrays with high photocatalytic activity and photoelectrochemical response under visible light irradiation are prepared by electrodeposition. ..
- Yang J, Zhang W, Gunasekaran S. An amperometric non-enzymatic glucose sensor by electrodepositing copper nanocubes onto vertically well-aligned multi-walled carbon nanotube arrays. Biosens Bioelectron. 2010;26:279-84 pubmed publisher..5 mM) and low detection limit (1.0 ?M at signal/noise ratio (S/N)=3); it also exhibits high stability and specificity to Glc and performs very well in detecting of Glc concentration in human blood serum. ..
- Mao Y, Chen Y, Chu L, Zhang X. Electrodeposited apatite coating for solid-phase microextraction and sensitive indirect voltammetric determination of fluoride ions. Talanta. 2013;115:500-5 pubmed publisher..069 ?mol/L, respectively. The developed method was applied to the analysis of water samples (lake, spring and tap water) and the recovery values were found to be in the range of 90-106%. ..
- Patois T, Sanchez J, Berger F, Fievet P, Segut O, Moutarlier V, et al. Elaboration of ammonia gas sensors based on electrodeposited polypyrrole--cobalt phthalocyanine hybrid films. Talanta. 2013;117:45-54 pubmed publisher..The response to ammonia exposition of polypyrrole films was found to be strongly enhanced thanks to the incorporation of the phthalocyanine in the polypyrrole matrix...