Summary: The utilization of an electrical current to measure, analyze, or alter chemicals or chemical reactions in solution, cells, or tissues.
- Hui B, Raoov M, Zain N, Mohamad S, Osman H. Combination of Cyclodextrin and Ionic Liquid in Analytical Chemistry: Current and Future Perspectives. Crit Rev Anal Chem. 2017;47:454-467 pubmed publisher..This review will highlight the nature of interactions and synergic effects between CDs, ILs, and analytes. It is hoped that this review will stimulate further research in analytical chemistry. ..
- Cao J, Zhou J, Zhang Y, Zou Y, Liu X. MoS2 nanosheets direct supported on reduced graphene oxide: An advanced electrocatalyst for hydrogen evolution reaction. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177258 pubmed publisher..Moreover, according to the classic theory, the mechanism governing of the catalytic HER on the MoS2 NSs/rGO nanohybrid has been clarified. ..
- Ma X, Bian L, Ding J, Wu Y, Xia H, Li J. Electrochemical oxidation of quinoline aqueous solution on ?-PbO2 anode and the evolution of phytotoxicity on duckweed. Water Sci Technol. 2017;75:1820-1829 pubmed publisher..The duckweed test presents a simple method for assessing the comprehensive toxicity of intermediates. ..
- Huang Z, Jiang Z, Zhao C, Han W, Lin L, Liu A, et al. Simple and effective label-free electrochemical immunoassay for carbohydrate antigen 19-9 based on polythionine-Au composites as enhanced sensing signals for detecting different clinical samples. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3049-3058 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the fabricated immunosensor based on AuNPs@PThi can effectively detect and distinguish clinical serum samples of pancreatic cancer and normal control with accuracy and convenience. ..
- Sathishkumar K, Sathiyaraj S, Parthipan P, Akhil A, Murugan K, Rajasekar A. Electrochemical decolorization of methyl red by RuO2-IrO2-TiO2 electrode and biodegradation with Pseudomonas stutzeri MN1 and Acinetobacter baumannii MN3: An integrated approach. Chemosphere. 2017;183:204-211 pubmed publisher..Hence, this integrated approach can be used as an effective degradation method to treat dyes in the textile industry. ..
- Rajabi H, Noroozifar M. New synthesis of poly ortho-methoxyaniline nanostructures and its application to construct modified multi-wall carbon nanotube/graphite paste electrode for simultaneous determination of uric acid and folic acid. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:791-797 pubmed publisher..113?M for UA and FA were, respectively. Finally, the proposed method was also examined as a sensitive, simple and inexpensive electrochemical sensor for the simultaneous determination of UA and FA in real samples such as urine and serum. ..
- Heidemann M, Streit J, Tscherter A. Investigating Functional Regeneration in Organotypic Spinal Cord Co-cultures Grown on Multi-electrode Arrays. J Vis Exp. 2015;: pubmed publisher..These features allow the investigation of functional regeneration of intraspinal connections in isolation in vitro in a sophisticated and efficient way. ..
- Zhou A, Baruch M, Ajo Franklin C, Maharbiz M. A portable bioelectronic sensing system (BESSY) for environmental deployment incorporating differential microbial sensing in miniaturized reactors. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184994 pubmed publisher..This work paves the way for in situ microbial sensing outside of a controlled laboratory environment. ..
- Zarei K, Khodadadi A. Very sensitive electrochemical determination of diuron on glassy carbon electrode modified with reduced graphene oxide-gold nanoparticle-Nafion composite film. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;144:171-177 pubmed publisher..The reliability of the proposed sensor was confirmed after comparing the results with those obtained using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) as a comparative method. ..
- Al Daghri N, Yakout S, Bukhari I, Khattak M, Al Saleh Y, Aljohani N, et al. Parathyroid hormone in relation to various vitamin D metabolites in adult females. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8071 pubmed publisher..Various metabolites of 25(OH)D are not correlated with serum PTH in Saudi adult females. Bioavailable, albumin-bound and free 25(OH)D cannot be surrogate measures for vitamin D status, at least in this population. ..
- Morimoto M, Urakawa M, Komai K. Electrochemical Synthesis of Dihydrobenzofurans and Evaluation of Their Insect Antifeedant Activities. J Oleo Sci. 2017;66:857-862 pubmed publisher..The biological activities in insect species differed with the structural features of the compounds. ..
- Shahidi L, Taei M, Banitaba S, Tavakkoli N. A new 2-amino-3-pynanopyrane-3- carbonitrile derivative for electrocatalytic oxidation and determination of hydrazine. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:1154-1160 pubmed publisher..Finally, the fabricated sensor was agreeably utilized for the determination of hydrazine in real samples. ..
- Kondrat S, Miedziak P, Douthwaite M, Brett G, Davies T, Morgan D, et al. Base-free oxidation of glycerol using titania-supported trimetallic Au–Pd–Pt nanoparticles. ChemSusChem. 2014;7:1326-34 pubmed..The turnover frequency increased from 210?h(?1) with the Pd–Pt/TiO2 catalyst to378?h(?1) for the trimetallic Au–Pd–Pt/TiO2 catalyst with retention of selectivity towards C3 products. ..
- del Río A, Garcia C, Molina J, Fernandez J, Bonastre J, Cases F. On the behavior of reduced graphene oxide based electrodes coated with dispersed platinum by alternate current methods in the electrochemical degradation of reactive dyes. Chemosphere. 2017;183:242-251 pubmed publisher..Scanning Electronic Microscopy was used to observe the morphological surface differences. ..
- Li M, Wang X, Zhang L, Wei X. A high sensitive epitope imprinted electrochemical sensor for bovine serum albumin based on enzyme amplifying. Anal Biochem. 2017;530:68-74 pubmed publisher..02 ng/mL. The sensor has high sensitivity, good selectivity, and reproducibility. It has been applied to the determination of residual bovine serum albumin in human rabies vaccine with the recovery rate of 98.3%-102.5%. ..
- Blel N, Fourati N, Souiri M, Zerrouki C, Omezzine A, Bouslama A, et al. Ultrasensitive Electrochemical Sensors for PSA Detection: Related Surface Functionalization Strategies. Curr Top Med Chem. 2017;17:2913-2925 pubmed publisher..The limit of detection (LOD) of both immunosensors was found of order of 10 fg/ml. When estimated in human serum this value increases up to 50 pg/ml. ..
- Lima A, Hofmann A, Reynolds D, Ptacek C, Van Cappellen P, Ottosen L, et al. Environmental Electrokinetics for a sustainable subsurface. Chemosphere. 2017;181:122-133 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we highlight new EK applications that may come to play a role in the sustainable treatment of the contaminated subsurface. ..
- Dai Y, Molazemhosseini A, Liu C. A Single-Use, In Vitro Biosensor for the Detection of T-Tau Protein, A Biomarker of Neuro-Degenerative Disorders, in PBS and Human Serum Using Differential Pulse Voltammetry (DPV). Biosensors (Basel). 2017;7: pubmed publisher..This tool could also be extended to detect other biomarkers for neuro-degenerative disorders, such as P-Tau protein and ?-amyloid 42. ..
- Silva J, Santos D, Santos U, Eguiluz K, Salazar Banda G, Schneider J, et al. Electrochemical and/or microbiological treatment of pyrolysis wastewater. Chemosphere. 2017;185:145-151 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results indicate that the combination of both processes used in this study is relevant for the treatment of pyrolysis wastewater. ..
- Li Y, Xiong Y, Fang L, Jiang L, Huang H, Deng J, et al. An Electrochemical Strategy using Multifunctional Nanoconjugates for Efficient Simultaneous Detection of Escherichia coli O157: H7 and Vibrio cholerae O1. Theranostics. 2017;7:935-944 pubmed publisher..Because of their high sensitivity, electrochemical biosensors may represent a new avenue for early diagnosis of diseases. ..
- Ahour F, Shamsi A. Electrochemical label-free and sensitive nanobiosensing of DNA hybridization by graphene oxide modified pencil graphite electrode. Anal Biochem. 2017;532:64-71 pubmed publisher..5 ?M with a detection limit of 4.3 × 10-11 M. The simple fabricated electrochemical biosensor has high sensitivity, good selectivity, and could be applied as a new platform for a range of target molecules in future. ..
- Xia N, Liu K, Zhou Y, Li Y, Yi X. Sensitive detection of microRNAs based on the conversion of colorimetric assay into electrochemical analysis with duplex-specific nuclease-assisted signal amplification. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:5013-5022 pubmed publisher..1 fM was achieved. Moreover, this work presents a new method for converting colorimetric assays into sensitive electrochemical analyses, and thus would be valuable for design of novel chemical/biosensors. ..
- Kwak S, Wong M, Lew T, Bisker G, Lee M, Kaplan A, et al. Nanosensor Technology Applied to Living Plant Systems. Annu Rev Anal Chem (Palo Alto Calif). 2017;10:113-140 pubmed publisher..Current trends and future needs are discussed with respect to the emerging trends of precision agriculture, urban farming, and plant nanobionics. ..
- Mouffouk F, Aouabdi S, Al Hetlani E, Serrai H, Alrefae T, Leo Chen L. New generation of electrochemical immunoassay based on polymeric nanoparticles for early detection of breast cancer. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3037-3047 pubmed publisher..This resulted in a significant increase in the intensity of the ferrocene signal detected by cyclic voltammetry...
- Baj Rossi C, De Micheli G, Carrara S. Electrochemical biochip for applications to wireless and batteryless monitoring of free-moving mice. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2014;2014:2020-3 pubmed publisher..108±0.001 k?/°c. ..
- Teravest M, Rosenbaum M, Kotloski N, Gralnick J, Angenent L. Oxygen allows Shewanella oneidensis MR-1 to overcome mediator washout in a continuously fed bioelectrochemical system. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2014;111:692-9 pubmed publisher..oneidensis to grow and produce flavins at a faster rate, and thus lowers flavin washout. Our conclusions were supported by experiments with a flavin-secretion deficient mutant of S. oneidensis. ..
- Hiwarkar A, Singh S, Srivastava V, Mall I. Mineralization of pyrrole, a recalcitrant heterocyclic compound, by electrochemical method: Multi-response optimization and degradation mechanism. J Environ Manage. 2017;198:144-152 pubmed publisher..The degradation pathway of pyrrole was proposed on the basis of the various analysis. ..
- Poletti Papi M, Caetano F, Bergamini M, Marcolino Junior L. Facile synthesis of a silver nanoparticles/polypyrrole nanocomposite for non-enzymatic glucose determination. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:88-94 pubmed publisher..6?molL-1. Recovery studies with human saliva samples varying from 99 to 105% revealed the accuracy and feasibility of a non-enzymatic electrochemical sensor for glucose determination by easy construction and low-cost. ..
- Amirighadi S, Raoof J, Chekin F, Ojani R. A sensitive voltammetric detection of pramipexole based on 1,1,3,3-tetramethyldisilazanecarbon nanotube modified electrode. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:784-790 pubmed publisher..The accuracy of detection results using the proposed method was evaluated as excellent comparing with those obtained by the reference method. ..
- Yilmaz N, Eksin E, Karacicek B, Erac Y, Erdem A. Electrochemical detection of interaction between capsaicin and nucleic acids in comparison to agarose gel electrophoresis. Anal Biochem. 2017;535:56-62 pubmed publisher..The interaction of CPS with double stranded DNA was also determined by agarose gel electrophoresis. ..
- Priyanka -, Shorie M, Bhalla V, Pathania P, Suri C. Nanobioprobe mediated DNA aptamers for explosive detection. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014;50:1080-2 pubmed..The selected binders having an affinity of ~10(-7) M were used in the newly developed electrochemical aptasensor, exhibiting a detection limit of around 1 ppb for trinitrotoluene. ..
- Seenivasan R, Kolodziej C, Karunakaran C, Burda C. Nanotechnology for Electroanalytical Biosensors of Reactive Oxygen and Nitrogen Species. Chem Rec. 2017;17:886-901 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the nanomaterials-based ROS and RNS biosensors utilizing electrochemical techniques with emphasis on their biomedical applications.
- Takshi A, Yaghoubi H, Wang J, Jun D, Beatty J. Electrochemical Field-Effect Transistor Utilization to Study the Coupling Success Rate of Photosynthetic Protein Complexes to Cytochrome c. Biosensors (Basel). 2017;7: pubmed publisher..Due to the high sensitivity of the transistor, the approach can be used to make photosensors for detecting low light intensities. ..