Summary: Measure of the number of the PARASITES present in a host organism.
- Wu X, Dayanand K, Thylur R, Norbury C, Gowda D. Small molecule-based inhibition of MEK1/2 proteins dampens inflammatory responses to malaria, reduces parasite load, and mitigates pathogenic outcomes. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13615-13634 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have identified several previously unrecognized immune regulatory processes through which a MEK1/2 inhibitor approach controls malaria parasitemia and mitigates pathogenic effects on host organs. ..
- Yamamoto L, Targa L, Sumita L, Shimokawa P, Rodrigues J, Kanunfre K, et al. Association of Parasite Load Levels in Amniotic Fluid With Clinical Outcome in Congenital Toxoplasmosis. Obstet Gynecol. 2017;130:335-345 pubmed publisherTo correlate neonatal and infant clinical outcome with parasite load in amniotic fluid (AF). We conducted a retrospective cohort study of 122 children whose mothers had toxoplasmosis during pregnancy...
- Pineda C, Aguilera Tejero E, Morales M, Belinchon Lorenzo S, Gomez Nieto L, Garcia P, et al. Treatment of canine leishmaniasis with marbofloxacin in dogs with renal disease. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185981 pubmed publisher..0±18.1 to 54.1±18.0 g/L; p = 0.005). The results demonstrate that, in addition to being effective for treatment of CanL, marbofloxacin is a very safe drug in dogs with CKD and leishmaniasis...
- Nzoumbou Boko R, De Muylder G, Semballa S, Lecordier L, Dauchy F, Gobert A, et al. Trypanosoma musculi Infection in Mice Critically Relies on Mannose Receptor-Mediated Arginase Induction by a TbKHC1 Kinesin H Chain Homolog. J Immunol. 2017;199:1762-1771 pubmed publisher..growth involved C-type lectin receptors, because mannose injection decreased arginase activity induction and parasite load in vitro and in vivo. Accordingly, the parasite load was reduced in mice lacking mannose receptor C-type 1...
- Badirzadeh A, Taheri T, Taslimi Y, Abdossamadi Z, Heidari Kharaji M, Gholami E, et al. Arginase activity in pathogenic and non-pathogenic species of Leishmania parasites. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005774 pubmed publisher..However, in L. major infected BALB/c mice, the induction of ARG and parasite load increased simultaneously according to the time course of infection, whereas in C57BL/6 mice, the enzyme is ..
- Wanji S, Eyong E, Tendongfor N, Ngwa C, Esuka E, Kengne Ouafo A, et al. Ivermectin treatment of Loa loa hyper-microfilaraemic baboons (Papio anubis): Assessment of microfilarial load reduction, haematological and biochemical parameters and histopathological changes following treatment. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005576 pubmed publisher..The utilization of this experimental model can contribute to the improved management of the adverse responses in humans. ..
- Kalinda C, Chimbari M, Mukaratirwa S. Effect of temperature on the Bulinus globosus - Schistosoma haematobium system. Infect Dis Poverty. 2017;6:57 pubmed publisher..This has implications on transmission of schistosomiasis in the context of global warming. ..
- Oliveira V, Boechat V, Mendes Júnior A, Madeira M, Ferreira L, Figueiredo F, et al. Occurrence of Leishmania infantum in the central nervous system of naturally infected dogs: Parasite load, viability, co-infections and histological alterations. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175588 pubmed publisher..Additionally, L. infantum can cause inflammation in the CNS that can lead to neurological signs with progression of the disease. ..
- Barash N, Maloney J, Singer S, Dawson S. Giardia Alters Commensal Microbial Diversity throughout the Murine Gut. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..Shifts in the commensal microbiota may explain observed variations in giardiasis between hosts with respect to host pathology, degree of parasite colonization, infection initiation, and eventual clearance. ..
- Melo T, Sena I, Araujo N, Fonseca C. Antibodies are involved in the protective immunity induced in mice by Schistosoma mansoni schistosomula tegument (Smteg) immunization. Parasite Immunol. 2014;36:107-11 pubmed..These results demonstrate that antibodies specific to surface tegumental antigens are involved in parasite elimination in mice immunized with Smteg. ..
- Kouam M, Tchatchueng Mbougua J, Demanou M, Boussinesq M, Pion S, Kamgno J. Impact of repeated ivermectin treatments against onchocerciasis on the transmission of loiasis: an entomologic evaluation in central Cameroon. Parasit Vectors. 2013;6:283 pubmed publisher..loa is still active. This is an indication that the risk of occurrence of severe adverse events such as fatal encephalopathies is still present, especially for heavily microfilaria-loaded people taken ivermectin for the first time. ..