skin test end point titration
Summary: A quantitative form of intradermal testing for the relative allergenicity of a substance. It is used to determine the amount of an allergen that will be tolerated in ALLERGEN IMMUNOTHERAPY.
- Schiff M, Boris M, Weindorf S. Low doses of animal antigen attenuates the late asthmatic reaction. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1992;107:91-4 pubmed..05). In this model of antigen-induced asthma, injection of low doses of allergen immediately preceding bronchoprovocation blunted the immediate and delayed asthmatic reaction. ..
- Santucci B, Valenzano C, De Rocco M, Cristaudo A. Platinum in the environment: frequency of reactions to platinum-group elements in patients with dermatitis and urticaria. Contact Dermatitis. 2000;43:333-8 pubmed..However, if the average level of environmental platinum exposure approaches those existing in industrial settings in the future, we are going to observe more frequent health effects. ..
- Dey S, Mohan C, Ramadass P, Nachimuthu K. Diagnosis of leptospirosis by recombinant antigen based single serum dilution ELISA. Indian J Med Res. 2008;128:172-7 pubmed
- Krouse J, Mabry R. Skin testing for inhalant allergy 2003: current strategies. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2003;129:S33-49 pubmed
- Krouse J, Krouse H. Efficacy of immunotherapy based on skin end-point titration. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2000;123:183-7 pubmed..SET-based immunotherapy reduces self-rated disability over time. In addition, SET-based immunotherapy allows decrease in nasal reactivity and normalizes the endoscopic appearance of the nose. ..
- Färm G. Repeated open application tests (ROAT) in patients allergic to colophony--evaluated visually and with bioengineering techniques. Acta Derm Venereol. 1998;78:130-5 pubmed..There was great variation in the reactivity in the ROATs. Objective measures for evaluating the ROAT reactions gave no further information than visual assessment. ..
- Corey J, Mamikoglu B, Akbar I, Houser S, Gungor A. ImmunoCAP and HY*TEC enzyme immunoassays in the detection of allergen-specific IgE compared with serial skin end-point titration by receiver operating characteristic analysis. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2000;122:64-70 pubmed..The HY*TEC assay did not give acceptable results for A fumigatus. The overall assay characteristics were good to excellent for each system tested. ..
- Fadal R. Experience with RAST-based immunotherapy. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 1992;25:43-60 pubmed..The use of RAST as a method of allergen standardization only reinforces its value in patient management. ..
- Gordon B. Allergy skin tests and immunotherapy: comparison of methods in common use. Ear Nose Throat J. 1990;69:47-54, 57-62 pubmed..Concepts of low-dose, symptom-relieving dose, and maximally-tolerated dose immunotherapy are described, and common factors in all allergy techniques are stressed. ..
- Franzese C, Burkhalter N. The patient with allergies. Med Clin North Am. 2010;94:891-902 pubmed publisher..Key history and physical examination findings help to distinguish allergic rhinitis from other forms of chronic rhinosinusitis. Diagnostic testing may not be necessary unless immunotherapy is contemplated. ..
- Kemp A, Chiang W, Gerez I, Goh A, Liew W, Shek L, et al. Childhood food allergy: a Singaporean perspective. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2010;39:404-11 pubmed..This review is aimed at providing the clinician with a Singaporean perspective on the clinical approach and management of these disorders. ..
- Bernstein D, Bernstein I, Gaines W, Stauder T, Wilson E. Characterization of skin prick testing responses for detecting sensitization to detergent enzymes at extreme dilutions: inability of the RAST to detect lightly sensitized individuals. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1994;94:498-507 pubmed..The excellent correlations of both wheal diameter and area with antigen concentrations were attributed to the very small changes observed between test concentrations. ..
- Anon J. Introduction to in vivo allergy testing. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1993;109:593-600 pubmed..It is concluded that each method of in vivo skin testing is associated with both advantages and disadvantages and that the most important factors are sensitivity and reproducibility. ..
- Gutman M, Torres A, Keen K, Houser S. Prevalence of allergy in patients with chronic rhinosinusitis. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2004;130:545-52 pubmed..Perennial allergy has a statistically significant association with chronic and recurrent acute rhinosinusitis. The diagnosis and management of perennial allergies may be beneficial when treating chronic sinus disease. ..
- Stroud R, Calhoun K, Wright S, Kennedy K. Prevalence of hypersensitivity to specific fungal allergens as determined by intradermal dilutional testing. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2001;125:491-4 pubmed..Fungal allergens were as likely as nonfungal to elicit reactivity. These findings suggest a role for fungal hypersensitivity in chronic rhinitis and chronic rhinosinusitis. ..
- Karrow N, Leffel E, Guo T, Zhang L, McCay J, Germolec D, et al. Dermal exposure to cinnamaldehyde alters lymphocyte subpopulations, number of interferon-gamma-producing cells, and expression of B7 costimulatory molecules and cytokine messenger RNAs in auricular lymph nodes of B6C3F1 mice. Am J Contact Dermat. 2001;12:6-17 pubmed..However, they may help identify compounds inappropriately classified as sensitizers or nonsensitizers by the LLNA and MEST. ..
- Seshul M, Pillsbury H, Eby T. Use of intradermal dilutional testing and skin prick testing: clinical relevance and cost efficiency. Laryngoscope. 2006;116:1530-8 pubmed..Blended allergy testing techniques that include IDT in their protocol are comparable in cost with commonly used allergy testing protocols. ..
- Tandy J, Mabry R, Mabry C. Correlation of modified radioallergosorbent test scores and skin test results. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1996;115:42-5 pubmed..The relationship between radioallergosorbent test and skin test results will be critically analyzed. ..
- Laidlaw T, Booth R, Large R. Reduction in skin reactions to histamine after a hypnotic procedure. Psychosom Med. 1996;58:242-8 pubmed..This study has shown highly significant results in reducing skin sensitivity to histamine using a cognitive-hypnotic technique, which indicates some promise for extending this work into the clinical area. ..
- Derebery M, Valenzuela S. Ménière's syndrome and allergy. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 1992;25:213-24 pubmed..By proper recognition and treatment of the underlying allergic factors affecting Ménière's disease, significant clinical improvement may be obtained even in longstanding or refractory cases. ..