Genomes and Genes
Summary: Skin tests in which the sensitizer is injected.
- Lindström I, Suojalehto H, Lindholm H, Pallasaho P, Luukkonen R, Karjalainen J, et al. Positive exercise test and obstructive spirometry in young male conscripts associated with persistent asthma 20 years later. J Asthma. 2012;49:1051-9 pubmed publisher..Positive exercise tests and obstructive spirometry results were related to the persistence of asthma and may be useful long-term prognostic factors for asthma severity. ..
- Zicari A, Indinnimeo L, De Castro G, Zappala D, Tancredi G, Bonci E, et al. Food allergy and the development of asthma symptoms. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2012;25:731-40 pubmed
- Ginel P, Garrido C, Lucena R. Effects of otic betamethasone on intradermal testing in normal dogs. Vet Dermatol. 2007;18:205-10 pubmed..It is concluded that, although otic betamethasone did not suppress adrenal glands, it mildly suppressed intradermal reactions to 1 : 100,000 w/v histamine, D. farinae and C. dactylon. ..
- Deane P. Conifer pollen sensitivity in western New York: cedar pollens. Allergy Asthma Proc. 2005;26:352-5 pubmed..0001) to be sensitive to deciduous tree, grass, or ragweed pollen. Sensitivity on skin testing to indigenous cedar pollens is common in our area of western New York and therefore could be clinically significant...
- Arshad S, Kurukulaaratchy R, Fenn M, Matthews S. Early life risk factors for current wheeze, asthma, and bronchial hyperresponsiveness at 10 years of age. Chest. 2005;127:502-8 pubmed..BHR at 10 years of age has a narrower risk profile, suggesting that factors influencing wheezing symptom expression may differ from those predisposing the patient to BHR. ..
- Shah S, Emanuel I. Cost analysis of employing multi-test allergy screening to guide serial endpoint titration (SET) testing versus SET alone. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2003;129:1-4 pubmed..These results could then be further investigated by using serial endpoint titration or RAST to quantify the patient's sensitivity and establish a starting dose for immunotherapy. ..
- Biggs A. TB breakdowns in closed herds. Vet Rec. 2003;153:790-1 pubmed
- Pun M, Prasai T, Dhakal M, Jha V, Shrestha K, Jha V, et al. Single intradermal tuberculin tests of milking buffaloes and cows in Nepal. Vet Rec. 2004;154:124 pubmed
- Thaller T, Mutz I, Girardi L. [Could whey be responsible for the development of cow's milk allergy in newborns and infants?]. Klin Padiatr. 2004;216:87-90 pubmed..In our opinion the whey baths could be responsible for the sensitisation via skin and the allergic skin reactions. The risks and benefits of whey baths for newborns and infants should therefore be carefully considered. ..
- Mueller R, Chapman P. Cross reactivity of airborne allergens based on 1000 intradermal test results. Aust Vet J. 2004;82:351-4 pubmed..study was to evaluate concurrent positive reactions of related versus nonrelated allergens based on 1000 intradermal tests of dogs with atopic dermatitis...
- Hafez S, Sallam M, Ibraheem S. Local expression of IL-4 and IL-5 in perennial allergic rhinitis and their modulation by topical corticosteroid therapy. Egypt J Immunol. 2004;11:111-21 pubmed..05). It is concluded that IL-4 & IL-5 have an important role in the pathogenesis of PAR and corticosteroid nasal spray is effective in exerting an immunomodulatory activity by reducing IL-4 & IL-5 expression. ..
- Flor A, Estivills D, Perez R, Ordeig J, Ramos F, Soler Bel J, et al. [Acute pulmonary histoplasmosis in a Spanish traveller to Nicaragua: an imported disease case]. Rev Iberoam Micol. 2003;20:24-8 pubmed..We report a case of acute pulmonary histoplasmosis in a Spanish traveller and emphasize the importance of the anamnesis and the value of the microbiologist's experience to obtain the diagnosis. ..
- Mascheri A, Farioli L, Pravettoni V, Piantanida M, Stafylaraki C, Scibilia J, et al. Hypersensitivity to Tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum) in Peach-Allergic Patients: rPrup 3 and rPrup 1 Are Predictive of Symptom Severity. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2015;25:183-9 pubmed..IgE positivity for rPru p3 seems to be a surrogate biochemical marker for severe tomato allergy, whereas the presence of anti-rPru p 1 IgE may be an indicator of mild tomato allergy. ..
- Seitzer U, Bussler H, Kullmann B, Petersen A, Becker W, Ahmed J. Quantitative assessment of immediate cutaneous hypersensitivity in a mouse model exhibiting an IgE response to Timothy grass allergens. Med Sci Monit. 2003;9:BR407-12 pubmed..This model and the mode of skin reactivity analysis may serve as a tool to evaluate new hyposensitization and therapeutic strategies for pollen allergy. ..
- Sonesson A, Bartosik J, Christiansen J, Roscher I, Nilsson F, Schmidtchen A, et al. Sensitization to skin-associated microorganisms in adult patients with atopic dermatitis is of importance for disease severity. Acta Derm Venereol. 2013;93:340-5 pubmed publisher..Skin-associated microorganisms are exogenous factors triggering IgE-response and severity of AD. These findings are clinically important, and sensitization to these organisms should be assessed and considered in treatment strategies. ..
- Rawther S, Saseendranath M, Nair G, Tresamol P, Pillai U, Abraham J, et al. Diagnosis of paratuberculosis in goats by cell mediated immune response, conventional and molecular diagnostic techniques. Trop Anim Health Prod. 2012;44:911-4 pubmed publisher..Single intradermal Johnin test and Ziehl-Neelsen acid fast staining did not show any significant difference. ..
- Chartier C, Mercier P, Pellet M, Vialard J. Effect of an inactivated paratuberculosis vaccine on the intradermal testing of goats for tuberculosis. Vet J. 2012;191:360-3 pubmed publisher..The study findings demonstrate that the use of an inactivated paratuberculosis vaccine in goats <1 month-old in a TB-free herd does not result in false positives to a CID test for TB when performed in animals ?20 months-old...
- Castro M, Diamanti A, Mancini S, Bella S, Papadatou B, De Iacobis I. Diagnostic value of food specific IgE antibodies in children with immediate digestive symptoms to cow's milk. J Pediatr. 2004;145:715-6; author reply 716 pubmed
- Prieto Lastra L, Iglesias Cadarso A, Reaño Martos M, Perez Pimiento A, Rodríguez Cabreros M, García Cubero A. Pharmacological stimuli in asthma/urticaria. Allergol Immunopathol (Madr). 2006;34:224-7 pubmed..The patch test is useful in occupational contact dermatitis. ..
- Kimata H. Emotion with tears decreases allergic responses to latex in atopic eczema patients with latex allergy. J Psychosom Res. 2006;61:67-9 pubmed..Emotion with tears reduced allergic responses, and it may be useful in the treatment of allergic diseases. ..
- Ozaki T. [Diagnosis of VZV infection]. Nihon Rinsho. 2006;64 Suppl 3:230-3 pubmed
- Galindo Pacheco L, O Farrill Romanillos P, Amaya Mejía A, Almeraya García P, López Rocha E. [Anaphylaxis secondary to prick-to-prick tests to foods and its risk factors]. Rev Alerg Mex. 2014;61:24-31 pubmed
- Campos J, Gude F, Quinteiro C, Vidal C, Gonzalez Quintela A. Gene by environment interaction: the -159C/T polymorphism in the promoter region of the CD14 gene modifies the effect of alcohol consumption on serum IgE levels. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2006;30:7-14 pubmed..Neither alcohol consumption nor the CD14/-159 genotype was associated with skin prick test positivity. The CD14/-159C/T polymorphism modifies the effect of alcohol consumption on serum IgE levels. ..
- García Gea C, Martínez Colomer J, Antonijoan R, Valiente R, Barbanoj M. Comparison of peripheral and central effects of single and repeated oral dose administrations of bilastine, a new H1 antihistamine: a dose-range study in healthy volunteers with hydroxyzine and placebo as control treatments. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2008;28:675-85 pubmed publisher..The 40-mg dose of BIL produced subjective report of sedation, whereas unwanted objective CNS side effects were observed only with the 80-mg dose. ..
- Ventura M, Di Corato R, Di Leo E, Foti C, Buquicchio R, Sborgia C, et al. Eyedrop-induced allergy: clinical evaluation and diagnostic protocol. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2003;25:529-38 pubmed..With intradermal tests we obtained three positiveness in patients who reported adverse reactions to atropine...
- Bemanian M, Alizadeh Korkinejad N, Shirkhoda S, Nabavi M, Pourpak Z. Assessment of sensitization to insect aeroallergens among patients with allergic rhinitis in Yazd City, Iran. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2012;11:253-8 pubmed publisher..Our study could highlight the importance of insect aeroallergens for clinicians for better diagnosis and management of patients with allergic rhinitis. ..
- Rosetti F, Tsuboi N, Chen K, Nishi H, Ernandez T, Sethi S, et al. Human lupus serum induces neutrophil-mediated organ damage in mice that is enabled by Mac-1 deficiency. J Immunol. 2012;189:3714-23 pubmed
- Kim S, Oh M. Persistence of cell-mediated immunity to vaccinia virus. J Infect Dis. 2007;196:805-6 pubmed
- Trummer M, Komericki P, Kranke B, Aberer W. Anaphylaxis after a Mongolian gerbil bite. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2004;18:634-5 pubmed
- Simjanovska L, Marsenic M, Simjanovski S. DPT (dose provocative test) test for proving allergic reactions to local anaesthetics. Prilozi. 2009;30:239-48 pubmed
- Gerez I, Shek L, Chng H, Lee B. Diagnostic tests for food allergy. Singapore Med J. 2010;51:4-9 pubmed..These tests, therefore, should not be advocated in the evaluation of patients with suspected food allergy because the results do not correlate with clinical allergy and may lead to misleading advice and treatment. ..
- Kvedariene V, Martins P, Rouanet L, Demoly P. Diagnosis of iodinated contrast media hypersensitivity: results of a 6-year period. Clin Exp Allergy. 2006;36:1072-7 pubmed..Respiratory allergy was more frequent in the positive group (6/10 vs. 7/34, P<0.05). Skin tests with ICM are positive in a subgroup of patients with ICM hypersensitivity and may play an important role in the diagnosis of ICM allergy. ..
- ..Using recombinant allergens will show a better quality in diagnostic as well as in therapeutic specific immunotherapy. ..
- Joseph C, Peterson E, Johnson C, Ownby D. Racial differences in allergen sensitivity. Chest. 2004;126:1004-5; author reply 1005 pubmed
- Lammintausta K, Kortekangas Savolainen O. The usefulness of skin tests to prove drug hypersensitivity. Br J Dermatol. 2005;152:968-74 pubmed..In cases of fixed drug eruption, PTs performed at the earlier reaction site were useful. When skin tests are negative or dubious, oral challenge should be carried out to confirm the association. ..
- Nagar R, Pande S, Khopkar U. Intradermal tests in dermatology-I: tests for infectious diseases. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2006;72:461-5 pubmed
- Kim S, Bang J, Park K, Park W, Kim H, Kim N, et al. Prediction of residual immunity to smallpox, by means of an intradermal skin test with inactivated vaccinia virus. J Infect Dis. 2006;194:377-84 pubmed..The intradermal skin test appears to be a simple and reliable method for prediction of residual immunity to smallpox. ..
- Yamasaki A, Higaki H, Nakashima K, Yamamoto O, Hein K, Takahashi H, et al. Identification of a major yolk protein as an allergen in sea urchin roe. Acta Derm Venereol. 2010;90:235-8 pubmed publisher..Peptide mass fingerprint analysis revealed that the protein was the major yolk protein (152 kDa, pI 6.9) of sea urchins. The results show that a major allergen of sea urchin roe is the major yolk protein. ..
- Farber M, Angelo T, Castells M, Tsen L. Anesthetic management of a patient with an allergy to propylene glycol and parabens. Anesth Analg. 2010;110:839-42 pubmed publisher..We report the successful anesthetic management of a patient with idiosyncratic reactions to prescribed and over-the-counter medications containing propylene glycol and parabens. ..
- Syrigou E, Makrilia N, Vassias A, Nikolaidis I, Xyla V, Manolopoulos L, et al. Administration of cisplatin in three patients with carboplatin hypersensitivity: is skin testing useful?. Anticancer Drugs. 2010;21:333-8 pubmed publisher..Prick tests and intradermal tests with a series of dilutions of carboplatin and cisplatin were performed on three patients who had exhibited ..
- Duce K, Gouldstone A. A practical guide to carrying out skin-prick allergy testing. Nurs Times. 2006;102:28-9 pubmed..This article discusses the indications, contraindications, advantages and disadvantages of skin-prick testing and details how to carry out the procedure. ..
- Li J, Huang Y, Lin X, Zhao D, Tan G, Wu J, et al. Influence of degree of specific allergic sensitivity on severity of rhinitis and asthma in Chinese allergic patients. Respir Res. 2011;12:95 pubmed publisher..pteronyssinus and D. farinae sensitizations are associated with increasing severity of asthma in China. Increase in number of allergens the patients are sensitized to may also increase the severity of rhinitis and asthma. ..
- Turkoglu Z, Zindanci I, Turkoglu O, Can B, Kavala M, Tamer G, et al. Skin autoreactivity in Hashimoto's thyroiditis patients without urticaria: autologous serum skin test positivity correlation with thyroid antibodies, sonographical volume and grading. Eur J Dermatol. 2012;22:345-50 pubmed publisher..Positivity of ASST in HT has shown that there is a skin mast cell autoreactivity in HT patients independent of autoreactive chronic urticaria (ACU). ..
- Liang X, Shi H, Qin X, Deng J. Increase in concentration of soluble CD86 after segmental allergen challenge in patients with allergic asthma. Chest. 2006;130:1048-54 pubmed
- Viana G, Nascimento M, Diniz Neto J, Rabelo E, Binda Júnior J, Santos Júnior O, et al. Anti-Leishmania titers and positive skin tests in patients cured of kala-azar. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2011;44:62-5 pubmed..This would explain the persistence of significant Leishmania sp antibody titers in some subjects after treatment. ..
- Kurihara K, Suzuki T, Unno A, Hatano M. [Case of 5 year-old boy with anaphylaxis due to erythritol with negative prick test and positive intradermal test]. Arerugi. 2013;62:1534-40 pubmed..We now have to recognize erythritol as a candidate for food allergen, and to be careful about negative result of prick test. ..
- Miedinger D, Chhajed P, Stolz D, Gysin C, Wanzenried A, Schindler C, et al. Respiratory symptoms, atopy and bronchial hyperreactivity in professional firefighters. Eur Respir J. 2007;30:538-44 pubmed..It remains unclear whether these findings were present at recruitment or developed after joining the workforce. ..
- Sicherer S. Food protein-induced enterocolitis syndrome: case presentations and management lessons. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005;115:149-56 pubmed..The purpose of this report is to delineate the characteristic clinical features and review the possible pathophysiologic basis to frame a rational strategy toward management. ..
- Yoon W, Chung S, Lee H, Park Y. Analgesic pretreatment for antibiotic skin test: vapocoolant spray vs ice cube. Am J Emerg Med. 2008;26:59-61 pubmed..Hence, the ice cube pretreatment is suggested for easy and fast pain reduction for the antibiotic skin test in the emergency department. ..