Genomes and Genes
Summary: Sensitive assay using radiolabeled ANTIGENS to detect specific ANTIBODIES in SERUM. The antigens are allowed to react with the serum and then precipitated using a special reagent such as PROTEIN A sepharose beads. The bound radiolabeled immunoprecipitate is then commonly analyzed by gel electrophoresis.
- Duignan P, Duffy N, Rima B, Geraci J. Comparative antibody response in harbour and grey seals naturally infected by a morbillivirus. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 1997;55:341-9 pubmed..We speculate that this difference between the species may be an important determinant of morbillivirus susceptibility. ..
- Morozov V, Saal F, Gessain A, Terrinha A, Peries J. Antibodies to gag gene coded polypeptides of type D retroviruses in healthy people from Guinea-Bissau. Intervirology. 1991;32:253-7 pubmed..In eight (25%) sera antibodies at least against p36 were detected. Among squirrel monkey retrovirus positive sera, three were also positive with p27 M-PMV. The other five were found to be M-PMV negative...
- St Louis M, Abed Y, Archambault D. The bovine immunodeficiency virus: cloning of a tat/rev cDNA encoding a novel Tat protein with enhanced transactivation activity. Arch Virol. 2005;150:1529-47 pubmed..This is the first report of a hybrid Tat protein from BIV or any lentiviruses that shows higher transactivation than the original transactivator Tat proteins...
- Cabral Romero C, Padilla Noriega L. Association of rotavirus viroplasms with microtubules through NSP2 and NSP5. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2006;101:603-11 pubmed..These results indicate that a functional microtubule network is needed for viroplasm growth presumably due to the association of viroplasms with microtubules via NSP2 and NSP5. ..
- Nindl I, Zumbach K, Pawlita M, Teller K, Schneider A, Durst M. Absence of antibody against human papillomavirus type 16 E6 and E7 in patients with cervical cancer is independent of sequence variations. J Infect Dis. 2000;181:1764-7 pubmed..and the humoral immune response of 34 HPV-16-positive cervical cancer patients was analyzed by radioimmunoprecipitation assay (RIPA)...
- Satchidanandam V, Uchil P, Kumar P. Organization of flaviviral replicase proteins in virus-induced membranes: a role for NS1' in Japanese encephalitis virus RNA synthesis. Novartis Found Symp. 2006;277:136-45; discussion 145-8, 251-3 pubmed..Exogenous addition of recombinant NS1' to TX100 treated JEV-induced membranes restored the defect in the release step of RNA synthesis. Our results suggest for the first time a direct role for JEV NS1' in viral RNA synthesis in vitro. ..
- Séllos Moura M, Barzegar S, Pan L, Shi P, Oommen S, Durant J, et al. Development of a panel of highly sensitive, equivalent assays for detection of antibody responses to velaglucerase alfa or imiglucerase enzyme replacement therapy in patients with Gaucher disease. J Immunol Methods. 2011;373:45-53 pubmed publisher..A quantitative radioimmunoprecipitation assay for IgG antibodies was developed to eliminate false-positives from the highly sensitive screening ..
- Hanson M, Hansen E. Molecular cloning, partial purification, and characterization of a haemin-binding lipoprotein from Haemophilus influenzae type b. Mol Microbiol. 1991;5:267-78 pubmed..The use of the antibiotic globomycin in a minicell expression system and radioimmunoprecipitation analysis of Hib proteins intrinsically radiolabelled with [3H]-palmitate indicated that the 51K haemin-binding protein is a lipoprotein...
- Long E, Rainwater S, Lavreys L, Mandaliya K, Overbaugh J. HIV type 1 variants transmitted to women in Kenya require the CCR5 coreceptor for entry, regardless of the genetic complexity of the infecting virus. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2002;18:567-76 pubmed
- Plager D, Kahl J, Asmann Y, Nilson A, Pallanch J, Friedman O, et al. Gene transcription changes in asthmatic chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps and comparison to those in atopic dermatitis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11450 pubmed publisher..The identified gene expression changes provide additional diagnostic and therapeutic targets for aCRSwNP and other eosinophilic epithelial diseases. ..
- Araki S, Yamada S, Abe S, Waki H, Kon K, Itonori S, et al. Characterization of a novel triphosphonooctaosylceramide from the eggs of the sea hare, Aplysia kurodai. J Biochem. 2001;129:93-100 pubmed..The major aliphatic components of the ceramide are palmitic acid, stearic acid, and anteisononadeca-4-sphingenine. ..
- Zigon P, Lakota K, Cucnik S, Svec T, Ambrozic A, Sodin Semrl S, et al. Comparison and evaluation of different methodologies and tests for detection of anti-dsDNA antibodies on 889 Slovenian patients' and blood donors' sera. Croat Med J. 2011;52:694-702 pubmed..The use of CLIFT 2 reduced the number of sera that needed to be tested by FARR-RIA, the time needed to report the results, and environmental toxicity, cancerogenicity, and radioactivity. ..
- Gross J, Moller R, Bischoff S, Canaan Kühl S, Fromme M, Henke W. Detection and characterization of antibodies against recombinant human erythropoietin by RIPA, ELISA and neutralization assay in patients with renal anemia. J Immunol Methods. 2008;336:152-8 pubmed publisher..were determined by the enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA, double antigen-bridging) and by radioimmunoprecipitation assay (RIPA)...
- Evans R, Gottlieb P, Bose H. Identification of a rel-related protein in the nucleus during the S phase of the cell cycle. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:6147-56 pubmed..We suggest that this protein represents a new member of the Rel family of transcription factors and is located in the nucleus of avian fibroblasts during S phase of the cell cycle. ..
- Waters P, Jarius S, Littleton E, Leite M, Jacob S, Gray B, et al. Aquaporin-4 antibodies in neuromyelitis optica and longitudinally extensive transverse myelitis. Arch Neurol. 2008;65:913-9 pubmed publisher..There is increasing recognition of antibody-mediated immunotherapy-responsive neurologic diseases and a need for appropriate immunoassays...
- Inagaki M, Yamamoto M, Cairangzhuoma -, Xijier -, Yabe T, Uchida K, et al. Multiple-dose therapy with bovine colostrum confers significant protection against diarrhea in a mouse model of human rotavirus-induced gastrointestinal disease. J Dairy Sci. 2013;96:806-14 pubmed publisher..Multiple doses of SCBLC during the early stages of infection or lower dosage of SCBLC given as a single dose both resulted in relief of diarrheal symptoms. ..
- Donczo B, Szigeti M, Ostoros G, Gacs A, Tovari J, Guttman A. N-Glycosylation analysis of formalin fixed paraffin embedded samples by capillary electrophoresis. Electrophoresis. 2016;37:2292-6 pubmed publisher..FFPE samples were first deparaffinized, followed by solubilization in radioimmunoprecipitation assay buffer and treated with PNGase F for N-glycan release...
- Cluss R, Silverman D, Stafford T. Extracellular secretion of the Borrelia burgdorferi Oms28 porin and Bgp, a glycosaminoglycan binding protein. Infect Immun. 2004;72:6279-86 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of B. burgdorferi protein secretion into the extracellular environment. The possible roles of Oms28 and Bgp in the host-pathogen interaction are considered...
- Hull S, Lim J, Hamil A, Nitta T, Fan H. Analysis of jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus (JSRV) envelope protein domains in transformation. Virus Genes. 2012;45:508-17 pubmed publisher..These experiments provide new insight into the regions and residues of JSRV Env protein necessary for oncogenic transformation. ..
- Polakova K, Karpatova M, Russ G. Dissociation of beta 2-microglobulin is responsible for selective reduction of HLA class I antigenicity following acid treatment of cells. Mol Immunol. 1993;30:1223-30 pubmed..Dissociation of beta 2m from CD1 complex following acid treatment was also accompanied with the changes in antigenicity of cell surface CD1 molecules. ..
- Castro A, Berndtson W, Cardoso F. Plasma and testicular testosterone levels, volume density and number of Leydig cells and spermatogenic efficiency of rabbits. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2002;35:493-8 pubmed
- Nishio M, Tsurudome M, Bando H, Komada H, Ito Y. Antiviral effect of 6-diazo-5-oxo-L-norleucine, antagonist of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, on replication of human parainfluenza virus type 2. J Gen Virol. 1990;71 ( Pt 1):61-7 pubmed..Furthermore, Northern blot hybridization showed that secondary transcription of virus RNA was also inhibited...
- Sköldberg F, Rorsman F, Perheentupa J, Landin Olsson M, Husebye E, Gustafsson J, et al. Analysis of antibody reactivity against cysteine sulfinic acid decarboxylase, a pyridoxal phosphate-dependent enzyme, in endocrine autoimmune disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:1636-40 pubmed..6%) with autoimmune polyendocrine syndrome type 1 (APS1) were anti-CSAD positive in a radioimmunoprecipitation assay. Anti-CSAD antibodies cross-reacted with GAD-65, and the anti-CSAD-positive sera were also reactive ..
- von Brunn A, Reichhuber C. Characterization of metabolically labelled antigen following immunoprecipitation with antibody bound on ELISA plates. J Immunol Methods. 1994;169:135-6 pubmed..The last step relies on secondary agents which bind to the antibody. ..
- Sanders R, Levin A, Anian G, Webber I, Lee H, Swanson P, et al. HTLV-I antibody studies in villagers in East Sepik Province, Papua New Guinea. Arch Virol. 1990;114:27-35 pubmed..and subjected to analysis by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), radioimmuno assay (RIA), radioimmunoprecipitation assay (RIPA), and Western blot (WB)...
- Thorpe R, Swanson S. Assays for detecting and diagnosing antibody-mediated pure red cell aplasia (PRCA): an assessment of available procedures. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2005;20 Suppl 4:iv16-22 pubmed..These comparisons provide a basis for determining the optimal assay(s) for screening and/or analysis of patients' serum for anti-EPO Abs during treatment or after onset of Ab-mediated PRCA. ..
- Maruyama T, Rodriguez L, Jahrling P, Sanchez A, Khan A, Nichol S, et al. Ebola virus can be effectively neutralized by antibody produced in natural human infection. J Virol. 1999;73:6024-30 pubmed..The neutralizing antibody may be useful in vaccine design and as a prophylactic agent against Ebola virus infection...
- Okochi H, Kato M, Nashiro K, Yoshie O, Miyazono K, Furue M. Expression of tetra-spans transmembrane family (CD9, CD37, CD53, CD63, CD81 and CD82) in normal and neoplastic human keratinocytes: an association of CD9 with alpha 3 beta 1 integrin. Br J Dermatol. 1997;137:856-63 pubmed
- Park I, Myrick K, Sodroski J. Effects of vif mutations on cell-free infectivity and replication of simian immunodeficiency virus. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 1994;7:1228-36 pubmed..The effects of two different point mutations in vif were examined. One point mutant in vif reverted to the genetic sequence of the wild-type virus within 2 weeks.2 + ..
- Xu W, Lu Y, Denlinger D. Cross-talk between the fat body and brain regulates insect developmental arrest. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:14687-92 pubmed publisher..The results underscore the importance of cross-talk between the brain and fat body as a regulator of diapause and suggest that the TCA cycle may be a checkpoint for regulating different forms of animal dormancy. ..
- Pinter A, Honnen W. Biochemical characterization of cell-associated and extracellular products of the Friend spleen focus-forming virus env gene. Virology. 1989;173:136-43 pubmed..These data suggest the involvement of proteolysis at a C-terminal site in the release of gp65 from the plasma membrane. ..
- Fazio R, Malosio M, Lampasona V, de Feo D, Privitera D, Marnetto F, et al. Antiacquaporin 4 antibodies detection by different techniques in neuromyelitis optica patients. Mult Scler. 2009;15:1153-63 pubmed publisher..to detect anti-AQP4 antibodies: immunofluorescence and flow cytometry on AQP4-expressing cells, and a radioimmunoprecipitation assay. We assessed sensitivity and specificity of these assays by interrogating sera of 33 NMO patients, 13 ..
- Rockey D, Wang J, Lei L, Zhong G. Chlamydia vaccine candidates and tools for chlamydial antigen discovery. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2009;8:1365-77 pubmed publisher..In this article, we will summarize progress in these areas with a focus on chlamydial vaccine antigen discovery, and discuss future directions towards the development of a safe and effective chlamydial vaccine. ..
- Baghian A, Chouljenko V, Dauvergne O, Newmant M, Baghian S, Kousoulas K. Protective immunity against lethal HSV-1 challenge in mice by nucleic acid-based immunisation with herpes simplex virus type-1 genes specifying glycoproteins gB and gD. J Med Microbiol. 2002;51:350-7 pubmed..p. route induced humoral responses in some mice and protected the animals against lethal HSV-1 challenge only when the formulations contained copolymers. The BALB/c mouse model was shown to be as good a model as the hairless mouse model. ..
- Mitchell D. Quantification of photoproducts in mammalian cell DNA using radioimmunoassay. Methods Mol Biol. 2006;314:239-49 pubmed..Here we describe the use of a very sensitive RIA for the specific quantitation of cyclobutane dimers and (6-4) photoproducts in DNA extracted from mammalian cells and tissues. ..
- Gabuzda D, Olshevsky U, Bertani P, Haseltine W, Sodroski J. Identification of membrane anchorage domains of the HIV-1 gp160 envelope glycoprotein precursor. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 1991;4:34-40 pubmed..The data also suggest that characteristics in addition to hydrophobicity are required for stop-transfer signals. ..
- Yu L, Wang J, O Dell J, Oates J, Arend W, Eisenbarth G. Anti-dsDNA antibody assay: high specificity and sensitivity with a filtration radioassay in comparison to low specificity with the standard ELISA. J Rheumatol. 2007;34:734-9 pubmed..We suggest that testing for anti-dsDNA antibodies can be improved using a fluid-phase filtration radioassay in comparison to commercial assays. ..
- Babaya N, Yu L, Miao D, Wang J, Rewers M, Nakayama M, et al. Comparison of insulin autoantibody: polyethylene glycol and micro-IAA 1-day and 7-day assays. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2009;25:665-70 pubmed publisher..01). The 7-day mIAA assay identifies a small but significant additional subset of individuals positive on the CIAA assay, while preserving specificity. ..
- Metzler A, Ossent P, Guscetti F, Rubel A, Lang E. Serological evidence of herpesvirus infection in captive Asian elephants (Elephas maximus). J Wildl Dis. 1990;26:41-9 pubmed..It was concluded that at least one herpesvirus, immunologically related to BHV2, may be widely distributed among captive Asian elephants, and that this virus apparently does not cause overt disease in the majority of animals...
- Torres J, Werner L, Malley A, Benjamin E. Neutralization epitope in the envelope glycoprotein of simian retrovirus-1 (SRV-1) and identification of the virus receptor. J Med Primatol. 1991;20:218-21 pubmed..The virus receptor was immunoprecipitated from Raji cells using gp70 as the ligand. Antibodies to peptide 142-167 inhibit the immunoprecipitation, indicating that the receptor recognizes residues 142-167 of the viral envelope protein. ..
- Damanhouri L, Dromey J, Christie M, Nasrat H, Ardawi M, Robins R, et al. Autoantibodies to GAD and IA-2 in Saudi Arabian diabetic patients. Diabet Med. 2005;22:448-52 pubmed..2% of GDM patients, but none of these patients possessed IA-2A. The prevalence and associations of autoantibodies in Saudi diabetic patients are very similar to those reported for diabetic patients in other ethnic groups. ..
- Cui Q, Zhang J, Zhang L, Li R, Liu H. Angelica injection improves functional recovery and motoneuron maintenance with increased expression of brain derived neurotrophic factor and nerve growth factor. Curr Neurovasc Res. 2009;6:117-23 pubmed..01). These findings suggested that angelica injection can improve the sciatic nerve crush injury, and the mechanism might be through the increase of BDNF and NGF protein expression. ..
- Masuda M, Sato H, Kamata H, Katsuo T, Takenaka A, Miura R, et al. Characterization of monoclonal antibodies directed against the canine distemper virus nucleocapsid protein. Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis. 2006;29:157-65 pubmed..These MAbs reacted with all eight strains of CDV used in this study, but showed different reactivities against measles virus and rinderpest virus...
- Zmysłowska A, Szadkowska A, Andrzejewski W, Wegner O, Wyka K, Młynarski W, et al. [Factors affecting C-peptide level during the first year of type 1 diabetes in children]. Endokrynol Diabetol Chor Przemiany Materii Wieku Rozw. 2004;10:103-11 pubmed..00002). Young age, presence of diabetes-related autoantibodies and hyperglycaemia with severe acidosis at the disease onset may be associated with a decreased residual insulin secretion in type 1 diabetes in children. ..
- Hirano S, Tadano M, Kobayashi Y, Udagawa O, Kato A. Solubility shift and SUMOylaltion of promyelocytic leukemia (PML) protein in response to arsenic(III) and fate of the SUMOylated PML. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2015;287:191-201 pubmed publisher..Western blot analyses indicated that PML became insoluble in cold RadioImmunoPrecipitation Assay (RIPA) lysis buffer and was SUMOylated by both SUMO2/3 and SUMO1 by As(3+)...
- Gallo D, Penning L, Diggs J, Hanson C. Sensitivities of radioimmunoprecipitation assay and PCR for detection of human T-lymphotropic type II infection. J Clin Microbiol. 1994;32:2464-7 pubmed..with human T-lymphotropic virus type II (HTLV-II) were used to evaluate the sensitivities of the radioimmunoprecipitation assay (RIPA) and PCR for detecting HTLV-II-infected people...
- Nishimura H, Sugawara K, Gao P, Muraki Y, Hongo S, Kitame F, et al. Identification of influenza C virus phosphoproteins. Microbiol Immunol. 1995;39:737-40 pubmed
- Lamp B, Riedel C, Roman Sosa G, Heimann M, Jacobi S, Becher P, et al. Biosynthesis of classical swine fever virus nonstructural proteins. J Virol. 2011;85:3607-20 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a delayed processing not only of NS3 but further of all NSP represents a hallmark of regulation in non-CP pestiviruses. ..
- Dutkiewicz J, Skórska C, Krysińska Traczyk E, Cholewa G, Sitkowska J, Milanowski J, et al. Precipitin response of potato processing workers to work-related microbial allergens. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2002;9:237-42 pubmed
- Yang L, Maxwell S, Leite M, Waters P, Clover L, Fan X, et al. Non-radioactive serological diagnosis of myasthenia gravis and clinical features of patients from Tianjin, China. J Neurol Sci. 2011;301:71-6 pubmed publisher..AChR and MuSK Abs in 51 Chinese MG patients' sera were tested in Oxford, UK, using the conventional radioimmunoprecipitation assay (RIPA), a recently described cell-based assay (CBA), and a new non-radioactive fluorescence ..
- Kasimiotis H, Fida S, Rowley M, Mackay I, Zimmet P, Gleason S, et al. Antibodies to SOX13 (ICA12) are associated with type 1 diabetes. Autoimmunity. 2001;33:95-101 pubmed..Reactivity to SOX13 represents a further autoantibody response in adults with Type 1 diabetes and may provide a useful disease marker in subjects in whom other autoantibody tests are negative. ..
- Raut A, Singh R, Malik M, Joseph M, Bakshi C, Suryanarayana V, et al. Development of a thermoresistant tissue culture rinderpest vaccine virus. Acta Virol. 2001;45:235-41 pubmed..b>Radioimmunoprecipitation assay (RIPA) of the TR-RPV and vaccine virus with a rabbit anti-RPV immune serum (RHIS) and bovine anti-RPV ..