Genomes and Genes
Summary: An in vitro allergen radioimmunoassay in which allergens are coupled to an immunosorbent. The coupled allergens bind the IgE in the sera of patients which in turn binds radioisotope-labeled anti-IMMUNOGLOBULIN E antibodies.
- Weidenhiller M, Tränkner A, Schwab D, Winterkamp S, Hahn E, Raithel M. Different kinetics of mediator release can be detected during allergic reactions after oral provocation (double blind placebo-controlled food challenge). Inflamm Res. 2002;51 Suppl 1:S29-30 pubmed
- Nettis E, Colanardi M, Ferrannini A, Tursi A. Reported latex allergy in dental patients. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2002;93:144-8 pubmed..If an allergy exists, equipment used should be made of alternative materials. ..
- Romano A, Di Fonso M, Giuffreda F, Papa G, Artesani M, Viola M, et al. Food-dependent exercise-induced anaphylaxis: clinical and laboratory findings in 54 subjects. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2001;125:264-72 pubmed..Avoidance of foods associated with skin test and/or RAST positivity for at least 4 h before exercise has prevented further episodes in all our patients with specific FDEIAn. ..
- Barbato A, Panizzolo C, Landi L, Semenzato R, Rugge M. Asthma-like syndrome in a teenager. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2003;14:412-3 pubmed
- Rufin P. [Allergic rhinitis in childhood]. Arch Pediatr. 2005;12:333-6 pubmed..The management of allergic rhinitis must include allergen avoidance, pharmacological treatment and immunotherapy. Sublingual swallow immunotherapy is a safe and effective method of treatment. ..
- Baxi S, Gupta S, Swigonski N, Fitzgerald J. Clinical presentation of patients with eosinophilic inflammation of the esophagus. Gastrointest Endosc. 2006;64:473-8 pubmed..Patients with moderate esophageal eosinophilia (group 2) exhibited a variable response to medical therapy. ..
- Caiaffa M, Cataldo V, Tursi A, Macchia L. Fig and mulberry cross-allergy. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2003;91:493-5 pubmed..We reason that Ficus and Morus are closely related genera of the Moraceae family and speculate that hypersensitivity to figs and mulberries might be associated as the result of allergen cross-reactivity rather than mere coincidence. ..
- Wan K, Yang W, Wu W. A survey of serum specific-lgE to common allergens in primary school children of Taipei City. Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol. 2010;28:1-6 pubmed..Food allergens should also be considered as a trigger of respiratory allergy. Except for dust mites, American cockroach and crab, allergens commonly reported to induce sensitization in other Asian counties are not common in Taiwan. ..
- Lin R, Williams K. Hypersensitivity to molds in New York City in adults who have asthma. Allergy Asthma Proc. 2003;24:13-8 pubmed..Thus it is conceivable that mold hypersensitivity plays a contributing and independent role in initiating or perpetuating the allergic response in patients with asthma in the New York area. ..
- Mendoza G, Field J. Evaluation and testing for asthma. J Asthma. 2003;40 Suppl:11-7 pubmed
- Eriksson T, Johansson E, Whitley P, Schmidt M, Elsayed S, van Hage Hamsten M. Cloning and characterisation of a group II allergen from the dust mite Tyrophagus putrescentiae. Eur J Biochem. 1998;251:443-7 pubmed..To show that the cloned cDNA sequence was coding for an allergen, Tyr p 2 was expressed in Escherichia coli and shown to react with a T. putrescentiae-positive serum pool. ..
- Chardin H, Mayer C, Senechal H, Tepfer M, Desvaux F, Peltre G. Characterization of high-molecular-mass allergens in oilseed rape pollen. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2001;125:128-34 pubmed..These results show that certain high-molecular-mass proteins from oilseed rape pollen are allergens. ..
- Sabbah A, Drouet M, Lauret M. [Determination of total IgE (tIgE) and specific IgE (sIgE) using the IMX and MATRIX techniques]. Allerg Immunol (Paris). 1993;25:253-60 pubmed..9% and 95%). The results were obtained with four allergens (D. pteronyssinus, Timothy grass, cat and dog). Separate assays confirmed the reliability of the technique. ..
- Ikematsu K, Tachimoto H, Sugisaki C, Syukuya A, Ebisawa M. [Feature of food allergy developed during infancy (1)--relationship between infantile atopic dermatitis and food allergy]. Arerugi. 2006;55:140-50 pubmed..When infantile AD cases were not improved by environmental control, skin care and application of steroid ointment, it would be important for doctors to think of the possibility of FA. ..
- Carr E, Obholzer R, Caulfield H. A prospective study to determine the incidence of atopy in children undergoing adenotonsillectomy for obstructive sleep apnea. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2007;71:19-22 pubmed..It is possible that there is a localized allergic reaction in the upper respiratory tract mucosa which is not apparent on an assay of systemic IgE. ..
- Gunawan H, Takai T, Ikeda S, Okumura K, Ogawa H. Protease activity of allergenic pollen of cedar, cypress, juniper, birch and ragweed. Allergol Int. 2008;57:83-91 pubmed publisher..Information on the spectrum of the endopeptidase activities from these allergenic pollen grains will be useful for investigating their contribution to the pathogenesis of allergies. ..
- Parapanissiou E, Papastavrou T, Deligiannidis A, Adam K, Kanakoudi F, Daniilidis M, et al. HLA antigens in Greek children with allergic bronchial asthma. Tissue Antigens. 2005;65:481-4 pubmed..The study of the HLA haplotypes failed to demonstrate any significant association between any extended or natural selection haplotype and mite allergic bronchial asthma in Greek children. ..
- Suzuki A, Ishii S. [Immunologic tests: Immunoglobulin E]. Nihon Rinsho. 2005;63 Suppl 7:28-30 pubmed
- Mimura T, Yamagami S, Amano S, Funatsu H, Arimoto A, Usui T, et al. Allergens in Japanese patients with allergic conjunctivitis in autumn. Eye (Lond). 2005;19:995-9 pubmed..In spring, cypress pollen is the largest cause of allergic conjunctivitis, while indoor allergens such as house dust, animal epithelia, D. pteronyssinus, and acarus are not causative allergens in Japan. ..
- Goon A, Leow Y, Chan Y, Ng S, Goh C. Atopy patch testing with aeroallergens in patients with atopic dermatitis and controls in Singapore. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2005;30:627-31 pubmed..APT for house dust mite correlated with the RAST test, while APT for cat fur correlated with the SPT. The APT may be useful to evaluate aeroallergens in atopic dermatitis, but further work is needed to make it more reliable. ..
- Hijazi Z, Ezeamuzie C, Khan M, Dowaisan A. Characteristics of asthmatic children in Kuwait. J Asthma. 2002;39:603-9 pubmed..Asthmatic children are disadvantaged by delay in diagnosis, undertreatment, exposure to indoor cigarette smoke, and local traditions. ..
- García González J, Bartolomé Zavala B, Fernández Meléndez S, Barceló Muñoz J, Miranda Páez A, Carmona Bueno M, et al. Occupational rhinoconjunctivitis and food allergy because of aniseed sensitization. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2002;88:518-22 pubmed..We demonstrate the presence of aniseed allergens in a case of occupational rhinoconjunctivitis and food allergy, with molecular weights for this spice that differed from those previously reported. ..
- Ponvert C, Ardelean Jaby D, Colin Gorski A, Soufflet B, Hamberger C, De Blic J, et al. Anaphylaxis to the 23-valent pneumococcal vaccine in child: a case-control study based on immediate responses in skin tests and specific IgE determination. Vaccine. 2001;19:4588-91 pubmed..These results suggest that immediate responses in skin tests and specific IgE determination have a good diagnostic value in children reporting severe reactions suggestive of IgE-dependent hypersensitivity to pneumococcal vaccine. ..
- Steinman H, Donson H, Kawalski M, Toerien A, Potter P. Bronchial hyper-responsiveness and atopy in urban, peri-urban and rural South African children. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2003;14:383-93 pubmed..Our results challenge the 'hygiene' hypothesis as a complete explanation for the recent dramatic worldwide increases in allergic diseases. ..
- Leung T, Tang N, Sung Y, Li A, Wong G, Chan I, et al. The C-159T polymorphism in the CD14 promoter is associated with serum total IgE concentration in atopic Chinese children. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2003;14:255-60 pubmed..039). This polymorphic marker was not associated with asthma or aeroallergen sensitization in our cohort. Our results suggest that the C-159T of CD14 was associated with serum total IgE concentration in atopic Chinese children. ..
- Niggemann B, Binder C, Klettke U, Wahn U. In vivo and in vitro studies on the residual allergenicity of partially hydrolysed infant formulae. Acta Paediatr. 1999;88:394-8 pubmed..Skin prick test and RAST inhibition test are suitable methods for determining the residual allergenicity of hydrolysed infant formulae, while determination of protein content using the applied modified Lowry method is not helpful. ..
- Krop E, Matsui E, Sharrow S, Stone M, Gerber P, van der Zee J, et al. Recombinant major urinary proteins of the mouse in specific IgE and IgG testing. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2007;144:296-304 pubmed..However, mouse urine extract showed better detection of both mouse-specific IgE and IgG4 levels. Other components in the mouse urine, like mouse albumin and other yet unidentified components, also induce IgE and IgG4 antibodies. ..
- Suzuki S, Goto E, Dogru M, Asano Kato N, Matsumoto Y, Hara Y, et al. Tear film lipid layer alterations in allergic conjunctivitis. Cornea. 2006;25:277-80 pubmed..Evaluation of the tear film lipid layer thickness might be useful in the assessment of the extent of dry eye disease and the treatment outcomes in patients with allergy. ..
- Komiyama K, Masumoto A, Nishihara F, Kobayashi T, Soma T, Hagiwara K, et al. [Rapid specific IgE assay (ImmunoCAP® RAPID) and skin prick test in the diagnosis of allergic disease]. Arerugi. 2013;62:1631-41 pubmed..645, urticaria: r=0.657). Although identification rate in the screening ImmunoCAP® Rapid slightly inferior to SPT, this test system was useful for diagnosis of Japan cedar and mite. ..
- Cistero Bahima A, Enrique E, San Miguel Moncin M, Alonso R, Bartra J, Fernández Parra B, et al. Meat allergy and cross-reactivity with hamster epithelium. Allergy. 2003;58:161-2 pubmed
- Crippa M, Gelmi M, Sala E, Zefferino R, Baccolo T, Alessio L. [Latex allergy in health care workers: frequency, exposure quantification, efficacy of criteria used for job fitness assessment]. Med Lav. 2004;95:62-71 pubmed..Moreover, it should be noted that latex antigenic proteins were also demonstrated in nitrile gloves, this is a relevant information since nitrile gloves are often used as an alternative in latex allergic workers. ..
- Dreyfus D, Fraser B, Randolph C. Anaphylaxis to latex in patients without identified risk factors for latex allergy. Conn Med. 2004;68:217-22 pubmed..Clinicians should consider the diagnosis of latex allergy in all cases of anaphylaxis without identified causes, even in patients without identified risk factors for latex allergy. ..
- Wickman M, Ahlstedt S, Lilja G, van Hage Hamsten M. Quantification of IgE antibodies simplifies the classification of allergic diseases in 4-year-old children. A report from the prospective birth cohort study--BAMSE. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2003;14:441-7 pubmed..The study demonstrates that quantification of IgE antibodies in blood may be beneficial, not only to diagnose allergic diseases in young children, but especially to serve as a marker of severity of asthma. ..
- Hölscher B, Frye C, Wichmann H, Heinrich J. Exposure to pets and allergies in children. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2002;13:334-41 pubmed..In conclusion, this study supports the hypothesis of a potential protective mechanism related to dog exposure in early life, especially for children of atopic parents. However, this association was found only for dogs and not for cats. ..
- Yamakawa Y, Ohsuna H, Aihara M, Tsubaki K, Ikezawa Z. Contact urticaria from rice. Contact Dermatitis. 2001;44:91-3 pubmed..These results suggest that the allergen responsible for contact urticaria in this patient might be water-soluble, heat-unstable, and not contained in allergen-reduced rice. ..
- Coulson C, Drake Lee A, Plant T, Drayson M. Total serum IgE and IgE antibodies specific to house dust mite found in two aged-matched cohorts of children with and without otitis media with effusion. Clin Otolaryngol. 2006;31:130-3 pubmed..Bloods samples were taken under anaesthesia. Total IgE and IgE radioallergosorbent test (RAST) to house dust mite was measured by the Pharmacia Unicap 100 system...
- Peng Y, Shyur S, Chang C, Lai C, Chu S, Wu W, et al. Fish allergy in atopic children. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2001;34:301-4 pubmed..Skin tests and in vitro specific IgE assays were not correlated with clinical symptoms of fish allergy, and the results of these 2 tests did not correlate with each other in this study. ..
- Chen C, Gehring U, Wickman M, Hoek G, Giovannangelo M, Nordling E, et al. Domestic cat allergen and allergic sensitisation in young children. Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2008;211:337-44 pubmed..The mixed results may be explained by differences in age and avoidance patterns. ..
- Panizzolo C, Tura M, Barbato A. Anaphylaxis to sesame paste. Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005;37:34-5 pubmed..Because the sesame, as seeds, oil or paste is mostly used in bakery and in different foods, by non diagnosing this allergy in children with atopic dermatites could be life-threatening. ..
- Gruber C, Illi S, Lau S, Nickel R, Forster J, Kamin W, et al. Transient suppression of atopy in early childhood is associated with high vaccination coverage. Pediatrics. 2003;111:e282-8 pubmed..5%, 29.1%, 23.8%, and 12.9%). Children with a higher vaccination coverage seemed to be transiently better protected against development of atopy in the first years of life. ..
- Kurtz K, Hamilton R, Schaefer J, Primeau M, Adkinson N. Repeated latex aeroallergen challenges employing a hooded exposure chamber: safety and reproducibility. Allergy. 2001;56:857-61 pubmed..Six latex-allergic (Hx and puncture skin test [PST]- and 5/6 radioallergosorbent test [RAST]-positive) subjects were challenged on three separate occasions at least 2 weeks apart...
- Castro M, Diamanti A, Mancini S, Bella S, Papadatou B, De Iacobis I. Diagnostic value of food specific IgE antibodies in children with immediate digestive symptoms to cow's milk. J Pediatr. 2004;145:715-6; author reply 716 pubmed
- Sten E, Skov P, Andersen S, Torp A, Olesen A, Bindslev Jensen U, et al. A comparative study of the allergenic potency of wild-type and glyphosate-tolerant gene-modified soybean cultivars. APMIS. 2004;112:21-8 pubmed..By using standard in vitro methods and SPT for determination of allergenicity we were not able to detect any significant difference in the allergenic potency between GM and WT soybeans. ..
- Daul C, Slattery M, Reese G, Lehrer S. Identification of the major brown shrimp (Penaeus aztecus) allergen as the muscle protein tropomyosin. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 1994;105:49-55 pubmed..Although the amino acid sequence of this shrimp muscle protein shares considerable homology with tropomyosins of other species including man, significant differences remain in allergenic activity. ..
- Kusunoki T, Miyanomae T, Inoue Y, Itoh M, Yoshioka T, Okafuji I, et al. [Changes in food allergen sensitization rates of Japanese allergic children during the last 15 years]. Arerugi. 2004;53:683-8 pubmed..For the management of food allergy, special attention should therefore be paid not only to an increase in the number of patients, but also to changes in the kinds of causative foods. ..
- van Ree R, van Leeuwen W, Bulder I, Bond J, Aalberse R. Purified natural and recombinant Fel d 1 and cat albumin in in vitro diagnostics for cat allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1999;104:1223-30 pubmed..Although CA is not essential for the vast majority of cat-sensitized patients, some subjects are selectively sensitized to this serum protein. ..
- Wood R, Phipatanakul W, Hamilton R, Eggleston P. A comparison of skin prick tests, intradermal skin tests, and RASTs in the diagnosis of cat allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1999;103:773-9 pubmed..Although both SPT and RAST values exhibited excellent efficiency in the diagnosis of cat allergy, IDST scores added little to the diagnostic evaluation. ..
- Dybendal T, Elsayed S. [Indoor climate and allergy. The prevalence of allergens in Norwegian primary schools]. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 1993;113:2076-80 pubmed..We emphasize the obvious advantages of linoleum floors over carpets in decreasing the pupils' level of exposure to indoor allergens and dust. ..
- Al Hussaini A, Al Idressi E, Al Zahrani M. The role of allergy evaluation in children with eosinophilic esophagitis. J Gastroenterol. 2013;48:1205-12 pubmed publisher..Although food sensitizations in Saudi children with eosinophilic esophagitis are common, the allergy tests had limited predictive value for the response to dietary elimination. ..
- Tandy J, Mabry R, Mabry C. Correlation of modified radioallergosorbent test scores and skin test results. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1996;115:42-5 pubmedIn addition to a significantly increased sensitivity as compared with the initial Phadebas radioallergosorbent test, a major advantage of the Fadal-Nalebuff modified RAST is its correlation with skin testing using skin end point titration...
- Fernandez Rivas M, Bolhaar S, Gonzalez Mancebo E, Asero R, Van Leeuwen A, Bohle B, et al. Apple allergy across Europe: how allergen sensitization profiles determine the clinical expression of allergies to plant foods. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006;118:481-8 pubmed..Information on the sensitization pathway is essential to develop preventive strategies in food allergy. The application of individual food allergens with a known intrinsic risk will improve the prognostic value of diagnostic tests. ..
- Callejo A, Sanchís M, Armentia A, Moneoa I, Fernandez A. A new pollen-fruit cross-reactivity. Allergy. 2002;57:1088-9 pubmed