stem cell research
Summary: Experimentation on STEM CELLS and on the use of stem cells.
- Allum N, Allansdottir A, Gaskell G, Hampel J, Jackson J, Moldovan A, et al. Religion and the public ethics of stem-cell research: Attitudes in Europe, Canada and the United States. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176274 pubmed publisher..We conclude that if anything public opinion or 'public ethics' are likely to play an increasingly important role in framing policy and regulatory regimes for sensitive technologies in the future. ..
- Yagi M, Yamanaka S, Yamada Y. Epigenetic foundations of pluripotent stem cells that recapitulate in vivo pluripotency. Lab Invest. 2017;97:1133-1141 pubmed publisher..In this review, we describe the developmental potential and epigenetic regulation of pluripotent stem cells in rodents and humans in vitro and discuss unsolved issues in developing strategies to capture in vivo pluripotency in vitro. ..
- Twigger A, Scheel C. Advances in stem cells and regenerative medicine: single-cell dynamics, new models and translational perspectives. Development. 2017;144:3007-3011 pubmed publisher..This Meeting Review highlights the novel insights into stem cell regulation, new technologies aiding in discovery and exciting breakthroughs in the field of regenerative medicine that emerged from the meeting. ..
- Meskus M, de Miguel Beriain I. Embryo-like features of induced pluripotent stem cells defy legal and ethical boundaries. Croat Med J. 2013;54:589-91 pubmed
- Chen A, Ting S, Seow J, Reuveny S, Oh S. Considerations in designing systems for large scale production of human cardiomyocytes from pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2014;5:12 pubmed publisher..This review discuss key issues such as platform selection, bioprocess parameters, medium development, downstream processing and parameters that meet current good manufacturing practice standards. ..
- Higuchi A, Ku N, Tseng Y, Pan C, Li H, Kumar S, et al. Stem cell therapies for myocardial infarction in clinical trials: bioengineering and biomaterial aspects. Lab Invest. 2017;97:1167-1179 pubmed publisher..We explain why the number of clinical trials using hPSCs is so limited compared with clinical trials using human adult and fetal stem cells such as bone marrow-derived stem cells. ..
- Jurgielewicz P, Harmsen S, Wei E, Bachmann M, Ting R, Aras O. New imaging probes to track cell fate: reporter genes in stem cell research. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2017;74:4455-4469 pubmed publisher..Strengths and limitations of the use of reporter genes in each modality are discussed. ..
- den Hertog J, de Laat S. Hubrecht Institute Centennial - From embryos to stem cells. Dev Biol. 2017;428:261-263 pubmed publisher..The past 100 years have been eventful for the Hubrecht Institute with many glorious moments, but also threats to be shut down on several occasions. Here, we will briefly review the rich history of the Hubrecht Institute. ..