Genomes and Genes
laser capture microdissection
Summary: Techniques using a laser to cut away and harvest a specific cell or cluster of cells from a tissue section while viewing it under the microscope.
- Fernández Nestosa M, Guimera N, Sanchez D, Cañete Portillo S, Velazquez E, Jenkins D, et al. Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Genotypes in Condylomas, Intraepithelial Neoplasia, and Invasive Carcinoma of the Penis Using Laser Capture Microdissection (LCM)-PCR: A Study of 191 Lesions in 43 Patients. Am J Surg Pathol. 2017;41:820-832 pubmed publisherb>Laser capture microdissection-polymerase chain reaction (LCM-PCR) supported by p16 was used for the first time to demonstrate human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA in histologically specific penile lesions, which were as follows: squamous ..
- Hara M, Kobayakawa K, Ohkawa Y, Kumamaru H, Yokota K, Saito T, et al. Interaction of reactive astrocytes with type I collagen induces astrocytic scar formation through the integrin-N-cadherin pathway after spinal cord injury. Nat Med. 2017;23:818-828 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal environmental cues regulating astrocytic fate decisions, thereby providing a potential therapeutic target for CNS injury. ..
- Boone D, Leek J, Falduto M, Torres K, Sell S, Parsley M, et al. Effects of AAV-mediated knockdown of nNOS and GPx-1 gene expression in rat hippocampus after traumatic brain injury. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185943 pubmed publisher..Since nNOS knockdown only modestly ameliorated TBI-induced working memory deficits, despite widespread genomic changes, manipulating expression levels of single genes may not be sufficient to alter functional outcome after TBI. ..
- Jan S, Vormer T, Jongejan A, Röling M, Silber S, de Rooij D, et al. Unraveling transcriptome dynamics in human spermatogenesis. Development. 2017;144:3659-3673 pubmed publisher..These established transcriptomes provide a reference catalog for further detailed studies on human spermatogenesis and spermatogenic failure. ..
- Ibrahim I, Serrano M, Ruest L, Svoboda K. Biglycan and Decorin Expression and Distribution in Palatal Adhesion. J Dent Res. 2017;96:1445-1450 pubmed publisher..b>Laser capture microdissection was used to collect selected palatal epithelial cells from embryonic mouse embryos at various palate ..
- Loveridge C, Mui E, Patel R, Tan E, Ahmad I, Welsh M, et al. Increased T-cell Infiltration Elicited by Erk5 Deletion in a Pten-Deficient Mouse Model of Prostate Carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3158-3168 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(12); 3158-68. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Aydin S, Ambroise J, Cosyns J, Gala J. TP53 mutations in p53-negative dysplastic urothelial cells from Belgian AAN patients: New evidence for aristolochic acid-induced molecular pathogenesis and carcinogenesis. Mutat Res. 2017;818:17-26 pubmed publisher..Consequenlty, current results bring additional and valuable evidence unravelling the molecular pathogenesis of AA-induced carcinogenesis and the origin of related high-grade UCs. ..