Genomes and Genes
isolated heart preparation
Summary: Method of isolation and maintenance of a working heart for various cardiac measurements. The model allows for the separation of cardiac and systemic variables in the denervated heart.
- Cho J, Zhang R, Kilfoil P, Gallet R, de Couto G, Bresee C, et al. Delayed Repolarization Underlies Ventricular Arrhythmias in Rats With Heart Failure and Preserved Ejection Fraction. Circulation. 2017;136:2037-2050 pubmed publisher..Our findings are consistent with the hypothesis that potassium current downregulation leads to abnormal repolarization in HFpEF, which in turn predisposes to VA and sudden cardiac death. ..
- Nederlof R, Denis S, Lauzier B, Rosiers C, Laakso M, Hagen J, et al. Acute detachment of hexokinase II from mitochondria modestly increases oxygen consumption of the intact mouse heart. Metabolism. 2017;72:66-74 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that acute albeit not chronic changes in mitochondrial HKII modestly affect cardiac oxygen consumption and energy substrate metabolism. ..
- Renguet E, Ginion A, Gélinas R, Bultot L, Auquier J, Robillard Frayne I, et al. Metabolism and acetylation contribute to leucine-mediated inhibition of cardiac glucose uptake. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;313:H432-H445 pubmed publisher..Listen to this article's corresponding podcast at http://ajpheart.podbean.com/e/leucine-metabolism-inhibits-cardiac-glucose-uptake/. ..
- Youssef N, Campbell S, Barr A, Gandhi M, Hunter B, Dolinsky V, et al. Hearts lacking plasma membrane KATP channels display changes in basal aerobic metabolic substrate preference and AMPK activity. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;313:H469-H478 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ATP-sensitive K+ channels may play a novel role in regulating metabolism in addition to their well-documented effects on ionic homeostasis during periods of stress. ..
- Boardman N, Hafstad A, Lund J, Rossvoll L, Aasum E. Exercise of obese mice induces cardioprotection and oxygen sparing in hearts exposed to high-fat load. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;313:H1054-H1062 pubmed publisher..Myocardial oxygen sparing is associated with this effect, despite the general notion that high fat can decrease cardiac efficiency. This highlights the role of myocardial energetics during ischemic stress. ..
- Kawai S, Yamada T, Matsuura T, Funao T, Nishikawa K. Neuropathic pain attenuates ischemia reperfusion injury through ?2-adrenergic pathway. Life Sci. 2017;187:9-16 pubmed publisher..The underlying mechanisms were possibly regulated by ?2-adrenergic activation and pro-survival kinase expression in cardiomyocytes. ..