Summary: Determination of the quantity of a material present in a mixture by measurement of its effect on the electrical conductivity of the mixture. (Webster, 3d ed)
- Valera E, Muriano A, Pividori I, Sanchez Baeza F, Marco M. Development of a Coulombimetric immunosensor based on specific antibodies labeled with CdS nanoparticles for sulfonamide antibiotic residues analysis and its application to honey samples. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013;43:211-7 pubmed publisher..Due to the use of magnetic racks, multiple samples can be run simultaneously. The whole analysis process can be performed in around 22min...
- Bonanni A, Chua C, Zhao G, Sofer Z, Pumera M. Inherently electroactive graphene oxide nanoplatelets as labels for single nucleotide polymorphism detection. ACS Nano. 2012;6:8546-51 pubmed publisher..We believe that our findings are very important to open a new route in the use of graphene oxide in electrochemistry. ..
- Nakayama A, Abe S, Watanabe N, Okabe Y. Magnetic field measurement near a superconducting film using a 2-dimensional field-dependence of Josephson current through a Nb tunnel junctions sensor. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2012;12:5016-20 pubmed..We consider the shift of the measured Ic-H dependence in the Hz minus direction occurred because of the flux quanta were trapped in the sample superconducting niobium film after the Hz value had been added greater than 3000 A/m. ..
- Lata S, Pundir C. Fabrication of an amperometric D-amino acid biosensor based on nickel hexacyanoferrate polypyrrole hybrid film deposited on glassy carbon electrode. Bioprocess Biosyst Eng. 2013;36:81-9 pubmed publisher..Interference by ascorbic acid and uric acid, the main interfering species in the biological samples, was negligible. ..
- González Posada F, Songmuang R, den Hertog M, Monroy E. Room-temperature photodetection dynamics of single GaN nanowires. Nano Lett. 2012;12:172-6 pubmed publisher..The photocurrent is independent of the measuring atmosphere, either in the air or in vacuum. Results are interpreted taking into account the effect of surface states and the total depletion of the NW intrinsic region. ..
- Zhang W, Yang T, Jiao K. Ultrasensitive indicator-free and enhanced self-signal nanohybrid DNA sensing platform based on electrochemically grown poly-xanthurenic acid/Fe2O3 membranes. Biosens Bioelectron. 2012;31:182-9 pubmed publisher..The excellent analytical properties of the proposed biosensor developed here holds great promise for ultrasensitive detection of other biorecognition events and diagnosis of diseases in practice. ..
- Zhang Q, Wu S, Zhang L, Lu J, Verproot F, Liu Y, et al. Fabrication of polymeric ionic liquid/graphene nanocomposite for glucose oxidase immobilization and direct electrochemistry. Biosens Bioelectron. 2011;26:2632-7 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, these unique properties of such novel nanocomposite generate a promising platform for the construction of mediator-free enzymatic biosensors. ..
- I Fang Cheng -, Chang H, Chen T, Hu C, Yang F. Rapid (<5 min) identification of pathogen in human blood by electrokinetic concentration and surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy. Sci Rep. 2013;3:2365 pubmed publisher..coli, and P. aeruginosa that are found in most of the isolated infections in bacteremia were successfully identified in less than one minute on-chip without the use of any antibody/chemical immobilization and reaction processes. ..
- Zamolo V, Valenti G, Venturelli E, Chaloin O, Marcaccio M, Boscolo S, et al. Highly sensitive electrochemiluminescent nanobiosensor for the detection of palytoxin. ACS Nano. 2012;6:7989-97 pubmed..2 ?g/kg of mussel meat) more than 2 orders of magnitude more sensitive than that of the commonly used detection techniques, such as LC-MS/MS. ..
- Sadeghi R, Ebrahimi N. Ionic association and solvation of the ionic liquid 1-hexyl-3-methylimidazolium chloride in molecular solvents revealed by vapor pressure osmometry, conductometry, volumetry, and acoustic measurements. J Phys Chem B. 2011;115:13227-40 pubmed publisher..The ionic liquid is solvated to a different extent by the molecular solvents, and ionic association is affected significantly by ionic solvation. ..
- Cruz Silva E, Lopez Urias F, Munoz Sandoval E, Sumpter B, Terrones H, Charlier J, et al. Phosphorus and phosphorus-nitrogen doped carbon nanotubes for ultrasensitive and selective molecular detection. Nanoscale. 2011;3:1008-13 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the high oxidation potential of the P-doped nanotubes makes them good candidates for electrode materials in hydrogen fuel cells. ..
- Gemmell N, McCarthy A, Liu B, Tanner M, Dorenbos S, Zwiller V, et al. Singlet oxygen luminescence detection with a fiber-coupled superconducting nanowire single-photon detector. Opt Express. 2013;21:5005-13 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrate the detection of ¹O? luminescence through a single optical fiber, a marked advance for dose monitoring in clinical treatments such as photodynamic therapy...
- Hyun C, Kaur H, Rollings R, Xiao M, Li J. Threading immobilized DNA molecules through a solid-state nanopore at >100 ?s per base rate. ACS Nano. 2013;7:5892-900 pubmed publisher..We show results of this apparatus for measuring ? DNA's capture and release distances and for current blockage signals of ? DNA molecules biotinylated with one end and with both ends tethered to a tip. ..
- Clarys P, Clijsen R, Taeymans J, Barel A. Hydration measurements of the stratum corneum: comparison between the capacitance method (digital version of the Corneometer CM 825®) and the impedance method (Skicon-200EX®). Skin Res Technol. 2012;18:316-23 pubmed publisher..Measurement of stratum corneum (SC) hydration often involves the use of commercial instruments. The aim of this study was to compare and validate two recent instruments: the Corneometer 825® (digital probe) and the Skicon-200 EX®...
- Xu F, Hua M, Luo L, Du H, Yang Y. Electrochemical aptamer sensor for thrombin detection based on Au nanoneedle and enzymatic ascorbic acid oxidization. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013;13:558-63 pubmed..24 nM to 150 nM with a detection limit of 0.1 nM at 3 sigma. This assay is rapid, simple, sensitive and highly specific. It could be applied to detect thrombin in complex real sample. ..
- Liu X, Feng H, Zhao R, Wang Y, Liu X. A novel approach to construct a horseradish peroxidase|hydrophilic ionic liquids|Au nanoparticles dotted titanate nanotubes biosensor for amperometric sensing of hydrogen peroxide. Biosens Bioelectron. 2012;31:101-4 pubmed publisher..The biosensor responded to H(2)O(2) in the linear range from 5×10(-6) to 1×10(-3) mol L(-1) with a detection limit of 2.1×10(-6) mol L(-1) (based on the S/N=3). ..
- Kim C, Ahn J, Kim J, Choi J, Lim K, Park T, et al. CRP detection from serum for chip-based point-of-care testing system. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013;41:322-7 pubmed publisher..Control experiments to determine selectivity and to discern false-positive/false-negative rates were also performed. This report is the first description of the detection of CRP in human serum using a silicon-based biosensor. ..
- Scurachio R, Skibsted L, Metzker G, Cardoso D. Photodegradation of folate sensitized by riboflavin. Photochem Photobiol. 2011;87:840-5 pubmed publisher..Main products of folate photooxidation sensitized by riboflavin were pterin-6-carboxylic acid and p-aminobenzoyl-L-glutamic acid as shown by liquid chromatographic ion-trap mass spectrometry (LC-IT-MS). ..
- Groen J, Deamer D, Kros A, Ehrenfreund P. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons as plausible prebiotic membrane components. Orig Life Evol Biosph. 2012;42:295-306 pubmed publisher..These data represent the first indication of a cholesterol-like stabilizing effect of oxidized PAH derivatives in a simulated prebiotic membrane. ..
- Niedzwiecki D, Iyer R, Borer P, Movileanu L. Sampling a biomarker of the human immunodeficiency virus across a synthetic nanopore. ACS Nano. 2013;7:3341-50 pubmed publisher..Moreover, using small solid-state nanopores, we demonstrate the ability to detect drug candidates that inhibit the binding interactions between NCp7 and SL3 RNA by using a test case of N-ethylmaleimide. ..
- Wesche M, Hüske M, Yakushenko A, Brüggemann D, Mayer D, Offenhäusser A, et al. A nanoporous alumina microelectrode array for functional cell-chip coupling. Nanotechnology. 2012;23:495303 pubmed publisher..The nanoporous microelectrode array device may be used as a platform for combining extracellular recording of cell activity with stimulating topographical cues. ..
- Yin H, Zhou Y, Meng X, Shang K, Ai S. One-step "green" preparation of graphene nanosheets and carbon nanospheres mixture by electrolyzing graphite rob and its application for glucose biosensing. Biosens Bioelectron. 2011;30:112-7 pubmed publisher..83% to 105.52%. Therefore, GOD/GNS-CNS/GCE could be promisingly applied to determine blood sugar concentration in the practical clinical analysis. ..
- Soldatkin O, Kucherenko I, Pyeshkova V, Kukla A, Jaffrezic Renault N, El skaya A, et al. Novel conductometric biosensor based on three-enzyme system for selective determination of heavy metal ions. Bioelectrochemistry. 2012;83:25-30 pubmed publisher..A principal possibility of the biosensor reactivation either by EDTA solution after inhibition with silver ions or by cysteine solution after inhibition with mercury ions was shown. ..
- Rawal R, Chawla S, Pundir C. An electrochemical sulfite biosensor based on gold coated magnetic nanoparticles modified gold electrode. Biosens Bioelectron. 2012;31:144-50 pubmed publisher..Biosensor has advantages over earlier biosensors that it has excellent electrocatalysis towards sulfite, lower detection limit, higher storage stability and no interference by ascorbate, cysteine, fructose and ethanol. ..
- Wang Y, Xiao Y, Ma X, Li N, Yang X. Label-free and sensitive thrombin sensing on a molecularly grafted aptamer on graphene. Chem Commun (Camb). 2012;48:738-40 pubmed publisher..45 fM and high sensitivity, with a linear response up to 100 fM. ..
- de la Escosura Muñiz A, Merkoçi A. Nanochannels preparation and application in biosensing. ACS Nano. 2012;6:7556-83 pubmed
- Afonso A, Pérez López B, Faria R, Mattoso L, Hernández Herrero M, Roig Sagués A, et al. Electrochemical detection of Salmonella using gold nanoparticles. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013;40:121-6 pubmed publisher..This AuNPs detection technology combined with magnetic field application reports a limit of detection lower than the conventional commercial method carried out for comparison purposes in skimmed milk samples. ..
- Soni G, Dekker C. Detection of nucleosomal substructures using solid-state nanopores. Nano Lett. 2012;12:3180-6 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate the ability to distinguish nucleosomes and dinucleosomes as a first step toward using the nanopore platform to study chromatin arrays. ..
- Wang J, Zhao W, Zhou H, Xu J, Chen H. Amplified electrochemiluminescence detection of DNA-binding protein based on the synergy effect of electron and energy transfer between CdS nanocrystals and gold nanoparticles. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013;41:615-20 pubmed publisher..However, the enhanced ECL could be greatly suppressed by the binding of target protein. The prepared biosensor possesses excellent analytical performance with the linear range of target protein from 0.015 to 150 nM. ..
- Li F, Feng Y, Yang L, Li L, Tang C, Tang B. A selective novel non-enzyme glucose amperometric biosensor based on lectin-sugar binding on thionine modified electrode. Biosens Bioelectron. 2011;26:2489-94 pubmed publisher..0×10(-6) to 1.0×10(-4) M with a low detection limit of 7.5×10(-7) M towards D-glucose. ..
- Pohanka M, Adam V, Kizek R. An acetylcholinesterase-based chronoamperometric biosensor for fast and reliable assay of nerve agents. Sensors (Basel). 2013;13:11498-506 pubmed publisher..The assay was reliable, with minor interferences caused by the organic solvents ethanol, methanol, isopropanol and acetonitrile. Isopropanol was chosen as suitable medium for processing lipophilic samples. ..
- Wan Y, Deng W, Su Y, Zhu X, Peng C, Hu H, et al. Carbon nanotube-based ultrasensitive multiplexing electrochemical immunosensor for cancer biomarkers. Biosens Bioelectron. 2011;30:93-9 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrated simultaneous detection of two protein biomarkers with this platform. With these attracted features, our immunoassay system shows promising applications for in-field and point-of-care test in clinical diagnostics. ..
- Kim Y, Gu M. Advances in aptamer screening and small molecule aptasensors. Adv Biochem Eng Biotechnol. 2014;140:29-67 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on not only recent advances in aptamer screening methods but also its analytical application for small molecules. ..
- Yuan Y, Gou X, Yuan R, Chai Y, Zhuo Y, Ye X, et al. Graphene-promoted 3,4,9,10-perylenetetracarboxylic acid nanocomposite as redox probe in label-free electrochemical aptasensor. Biosens Bioelectron. 2011;30:123-7 pubmed publisher..001 nM to 40 nM with a detection limit of 200 fM) to that of analogous aptasensors produced from other redox probes. ..
- Jayakumar K, Rajesh R, Dharuman V, Venkatasan R, Hahn J, Pandian S. Gold nano particle decorated graphene core first generation PAMAM dendrimer for label free electrochemical DNA hybridization sensing. Biosens Bioelectron. 2012;31:406-12 pubmed publisher..The sensor showed linear range 1×10(-6) to 1×10(-12) M with lowest detection limit 1 pM which is 1000 times lower than G1PAMAM without graphene core. ..
- Kurra N, Bhadram V, Narayana C, Kulkarni G. Few layer graphene to graphitic films: infrared photoconductive versus bolometric response. Nanoscale. 2013;5:381-9 pubmed publisher..The IR photoresponse from these graphitic films is correlated with the Raman peak intensities which are very sensitive to the nature of the FLG. ..
- Tekaya N, Saiapina O, Ben Ouada H, Lagarde F, Ben Ouada H, Jaffrezic Renault N. Ultra-sensitive conductometric detection of heavy metals based on inhibition of alkaline phosphatase activity from Arthrospira platensis. Bioelectrochemistry. 2013;90:24-9 pubmed publisher..Lifetime of the Spirulina-based biosensor was estimated to be more than 25 days. ..
- Poulos J, Portonovo S, Bang H, Schmidt J. Automatable lipid bilayer formation and ion channel measurement using sessile droplets. J Phys Condens Matter. 2010;22:454105 pubmed publisher..Full automation of bilayer production and measurement with the positive displacement pipette was demonstrated by integrating it with a motion control platform. ..
- Li H, He J, Li S, Turner A. Electrochemical immunosensor with N-doped graphene-modified electrode for label-free detection of the breast cancer biomarker CA 15-3. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013;43:25-9 pubmed publisher..The strategy developed for this immunosensor provides a promising approach for clinical research and diagnostic applications. ..
- Oztekin Y, Ramanaviciene A, Yazicigil Z, Solak A, Ramanavicius A. Direct electron transfer from glucose oxidase immobilized on polyphenanthroline-modified glassy carbon electrode. Biosens Bioelectron. 2011;26:2541-6 pubmed publisher..According to our best knowledge, this study is the first scientific report on electrochemical-polymerization of PMH on the GC-electrode in non-aqueous media followed by its application in the design of glucose-biosensor. ..
- Jager T, Tschirdewahn S, Vom Dorp F, Piechotta G, Rubben H, Szarvas T. [Siliconchiptechnology-based MMP-7 analysis in urine: an option for preoperative identification of lymph node metastasis in bladder cancer]. Urologe A. 2013;52:853-8 pubmed publisher..These results confirm MMP 7 as a promising metastasis marker in bladder cancer. The new electrical biochip technology provides a rapid and reliable quantitative method for measurement of protein markers in urine. ..
- Zhai D, Liu B, Shi Y, Pan L, Wang Y, Li W, et al. Highly sensitive glucose sensor based on pt nanoparticle/polyaniline hydrogel heterostructures. ACS Nano. 2013;7:3540-6 pubmed publisher..The glucose enzyme sensor based on this heterostructure exhibited unprecedented sensitivity, as high as 96.1 ?A·mM(-1)·cm(-2), with a response time as fast as 3 s, a linear range of 0.01 to 8 mM, and a low detection limit of 0.7 ?M. ..
- Yilmazoglu O, Popp A, Pavlidis D, Schneider J, Garth D, Schüttler F, et al. Vertically aligned multiwalled carbon nanotubes for pressure, tactile and vibration sensing. Nanotechnology. 2012;23:085501 pubmed publisher..They also confirm the feasibility of accessing and utilizing nanoscopic CNT bundles via lithographic processing. The method involves room-temperature processing steps and standard microfabrication techniques. ..
- Chakraborty M, Hsiao F, Naskar B, Chang C, Panda A. Surfactant-assisted synthesis and characterization of stable silver bromide nanoparticles in aqueous media. Langmuir. 2012;28:7282-90 pubmed publisher..Finally, enthalpy of formation of surfactant-stabilized AgBr, determined calorimetrically, was found to be dependent on the concentration of the precursors. ..
- Xu Y, Lee H, Hu Y, Huang J, Kim S, Yun M. Detection and identification of breast cancer volatile organic compounds biomarkers using highly-sensitive single nanowire array on a chip. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2013;9:1164-72 pubmed
- Srivastava S, Jain K, Singh V, Singh S, Vijayan N, Dilawar N, et al. Faster response of NO? sensing in graphene-WO? nanocomposites. Nanotechnology. 2012;23:205501 pubmed publisher..The best response of the graphene-WO(3) nanocomposite was obtained at 250?°C. ..
- Zhao H, Feng H. A novel angular acceleration sensor based on the electromagnetic induction principle and investigation of its calibration tests. Sensors (Basel). 2013;13:10370-85 pubmed publisher..Finally, the errors existing in the practical applications of the sensor are discussed and the corresponding improvement measures are proposed to provide effective technical support for the practical promotion of the novel sensor. ..
- Mayorga Martinez C, Cadevall M, Guix M, Ros J, Merkoçi A. Bismuth nanoparticles for phenolic compounds biosensing application. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013;40:57-62 pubmed publisher..The obtained results may open the way to many other BiNPs applications in the biosensing field...