Genomes and Genes
Summary: Measurement of the various properties of light.
- Lin C, Liu C. Metal-insulator-semiconductor photodetectors. Sensors (Basel). 2010;10:8797-826 pubmed publisher..For mid- and long-wavelength infrared detection, metal-insulator-semiconductor SiGe/Si quantum dot infrared photodetectors have been developed, and the detection spectrum covers atmospheric transmission windows. ..
- Connolly E, Beatty S, Loughman J, Howard A, Louw M, Nolan J. Supplementation with all three macular carotenoids: response, stability, and safety. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:9207-17 pubmed publisher..The spatial profile of MP optical density (MPOD) was measured with customized heterochromatic flicker photometry (cHFP), and serum concentrations of L and Z were quantified by using high performance liquid chromatography (..
- Delori F, Goger D, Hammond B, Snodderly D, Burns S. Macular pigment density measured by autofluorescence spectrometry: comparison with reflectometry and heterochromatic flicker photometry. J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis. 2001;18:1212-30 pubmed..23 +/- 0.07 D.U.) and psychophysical (mean: 0.37 +/- 0.26 D.U.; obtained by heterochromatic flicker photometry) estimates of macular pigment in the same subjects, despite the fact that systematic differences in the ..
- Connolly E, Beatty S, Thurnham D, Loughman J, Howard A, Stack J, et al. Augmentation of macular pigment following supplementation with all three macular carotenoids: an exploratory study. Curr Eye Res. 2010;35:335-51 pubmed publisher..25 degrees , 0.5 degrees , 1 degrees , and 1.75 degrees ) was measured using customized heterochromatic flicker photometry, and a blood sample was collected at each study visit in order to analyze serum concentrations of MZ, L, and Z...
- Stringham J, Hammond B, Nolan J, Wooten B, Mammen A, Smollon W, et al. The utility of using customized heterochromatic flicker photometry (cHFP) to measure macular pigment in patients with age-related macular degeneration. Exp Eye Res. 2008;87:445-53 pubmed publisherThe purpose of this study was to assess the utility and validity of using customized heterochromatic flicker photometry (cHFP) to measure macular pigment optical density (MPOD) in patients with intermediate stages of age-related macular ..
- Davis J, Dacanay L, Holland G, Berrocal A, Giese M, Feuer W. Laser flare photometry and complications of chronic uveitis in children. Am J Ophthalmol. 2003;135:763-71 pubmedTo investigate possible relationships between laser flare photometry values, complications of uveitis, and outcomes in children with chronic uveitis. Retrospective chart review...
- Carroll J, Neitz J, Neitz M. Estimates of L:M cone ratio from ERG flicker photometry and genetics. J Vis. 2002;2:531-42 pubmed..The method remedies major weaknesses inherent in earlier applications of flicker photometry to estimate cone ratio; however, it continues to depend on the assumption that the average L cone produces a ..
- Watanabe Y. Characterization of the refolding and reassembly of an integral membrane protein OmpF porin by low-angle laser light scattering photometry coupled with high-performance gel chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 2002;961:137-46 pubmed..OG) have been studied by means of circular dichroism (CD) spectroscopy and low-angle laser light scattering photometry coupled with high-performance gel chromatography...
- Snodderly D, Mares J, Wooten B, Oxton L, Gruber M, Ficek T. Macular pigment measurement by heterochromatic flicker photometry in older subjects: the carotenoids and age-related eye disease study. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:531-8 pubmed..measuring macular pigment optical density (MPOD) of experimentally naïve subjects by heterochromatic flicker photometry (HFP). MPOD in eyes of 54 women, age 50 and 79 years (mean, 66), was studied...
- Kirby M, Beatty S, Loane E, Akkali M, Connolly E, Stack J, et al. A central dip in the macular pigment spatial profile is associated with age and smoking. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:6722-8 pubmed publisher..To investigate the relationship between specific macular pigment (MP) spatial profiles and risk factors for age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- Dilling J, Kaiser K. Estimation of the hydrophobic fraction of dissolved organic matter in water samples using UV photometry. Water Res. 2002;36:5037-44 pubmed..However, its use is restricted to water samples of low nitrate (< 25 mg L(-1)) and Fe (< 5 mg L(-1)) concentrations and, probably, with the hydrophobic fraction dominated by aromatic compounds deriving from degradation of lignin. ..
- Piccoli B, Soci G, Zambelli P, Pisaniello D. Photometry in the workplace: the rationale for a new method. Ann Occup Hyg. 2004;48:29-38 pubmed..A detailed measurement of luminance within the occupational visual field is consistent with ocular anatomy and physiology, and can be used as part of a risk assessment for visual disturbances and to rationalize lighting at workstations. ..
- Nolan J, Loughman J, Akkali M, Stack J, Scanlon G, Davison P, et al. The impact of macular pigment augmentation on visual performance in normal subjects: COMPASS. Vision Res. 2011;51:459-69 pubmed publisher..MP optical density (MPOD) was assessed by customized heterochromatic flicker photometry. VP was assessed as best corrected visual acuity (BCVA), mesopic and photopic contrast sensitivity (CS), glare ..
- Canovas R, Lima V, Garcia P, Morini C, Prata T, Rosen R. Comparison between macular pigment optical density measurements using two-wavelength autofluorescence and heterochromatic flicker photometry techniques. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:3152-6 pubmed publisher..of this study was to compare the MPOD values at specific loci around the fovea using the heterochromatic flicker photometry (HFP) and the two-wavelength autofluorescence (AF) methods in a young, healthy population...
- Ivanov A, Nazimov I, Baratova L. Qualitative and quantitative determination of biologically active low-molecular-mass thiols in human blood by reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography with photometry and fluorescence detection. J Chromatogr A. 2000;870:433-42 pubmedThe reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatographic method employing photometry and fluorescence detection is described for the precise reproducible simultaneous measurement of total homocysteine (tHcy), cysteine (Cys), and ..
- Hannig C, Willenbücher S, Becker K, Mahony C, Attin T. Recovery of peroxides in saliva during home bleaching--influence of smoking. J Oral Rehabil. 2006;33:533-41 pubmed..Significantly lower amounts of peroxides were detected in saliva during application of the paint-on product Crest Nights Effects compared with the other bleaching systems. ..
- Bhat R, Panoiu N, Brueck S, Osgood R. Enhancing the signal-to-noise ratio of an infrared photodetector with a circular metal grating. Opt Express. 2008;16:4588-96 pubmed..7. In the case of the circular grating, this result is achieved with more than 400 times as much light absorbed in the hole as with a metal film but no grating. ..
- Hannig C, Becker K, Häusler N, Hoth Hannig W, Attin T, Hannig M. Protective effect of the in situ pellicle on dentin erosion - an ex vivo pilot study. Arch Oral Biol. 2007;52:444-9 pubmed..The aim of the present ex vivo study was to evaluate the erosive effects on pellicle coated dentin...
- Li L, Auer E, Liao M, Fang X, Zhai T, Gautam U, et al. Deep-ultraviolet solar-blind photoconductivity of individual gallium oxide nanobelts. Nanoscale. 2011;3:1120-6 pubmed publisher..Present Ga2O3 nanobelts can be exploited for future applications in photo sensing, light-emitting diodes, and optical switches...
- Loane E, Stack J, Beatty S, Nolan J. Measurement of macular pigment optical density using two different heterochromatic flicker photometers. Curr Eye Res. 2007;32:555-64 pubmed..We measured macular pigment optical density in 121 healthy subjects using heterochromatic flicker photometry. The mean (+/-SD) macular pigment optical density measured using the Maculometer was 0.394 (+/-0...
- Hannig C, Zech R, Henze E, Dorr Tolui R, Attin T. Determination of peroxides in saliva--kinetics of peroxide release into saliva during home-bleaching with Whitestrips and Vivastyle. Arch Oral Biol. 2003;48:559-66 pubmed..Furthermore distinctly more peroxides are released into the oral cavity from Whitestrips than from trays charged with Vivastyle . ..
- Patterson W, McDowell A, Hughes A, Bilotta J. Opponent and nonopponent contributions to the zebrafish electroretinogram using heterochromatic flicker photometry. J Comp Physiol A Neuroethol Sens Neural Behav Physiol. 2002;188:283-93 pubmed..study, spectral sensitivity functions were obtained from electroretinogram responses to heterochromatic flicker photometry stimuli at several flicker rates, including a low flicker rate (2 Hz), in an attempt to predominantly stimulate ..
- Robson A, Moreland J, Pauleikhoff D, Morrissey T, Holder G, Fitzke F, et al. Macular pigment density and distribution: comparison of fundus autofluorescence with minimum motion photometry. Vision Res. 2003;43:1765-75 pubmed..MP) distribution profiles were measured for 18 subjects using a Moreland anomaloscope modified for motion photometry. The total amount of MP within the central 7 degrees was estimated from the distribution profile by numerical ..
- Jia G, Lv C, Zhu W, Qiu J, Wang X, Zhou Z. Applicability of cloud point extraction coupled with microwave-assisted back-extraction to the determination of organophosphorous pesticides in human urine by gas chromatography with flame photometry detection. J Hazard Mater. 2008;159:300-5 pubmed publisher..surfactant (Triton X-114) coupled with microwave-assisted back-extraction prior to gas chromatography with flame photometry detection (GC-FPD) analysis...
- Tugal Tutkun I, Cingu K, Kir N, Yeniad B, Urgancioglu M, Gul A. Use of laser flare-cell photometry to quantify intraocular inflammation in patients with Behçet uveitis. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2008;246:1169-77 pubmed publisherTo assess the usefulness of laser flare-cell photometry to quantify intraocular inflammation in patients with Behçet disease...
- Ladas J, Wheeler N, Morhun P, Rimmer S, Holland G. Laser flare-cell photometry: methodology and clinical applications. Surv Ophthalmol. 2005;50:27-47 pubmed..These factors are difficult to quantify precisely on clinical examination alone. Laser flare-cell photometry provides an automated technique to quantify these factors objectively, and it has been used in a variety of ..
- Stringham J, Garcia P, Smith P, McLin L, Foutch B. Macular pigment and visual performance in glare: benefits for photostress recovery, disability glare, and visual discomfort. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:7406-15 pubmed publisher..Spatial profiles of MP optical density were assessed with heterochromatic flicker photometry. Glare was delivered via high-bright-white LEDs...
- Bone R, Landrum J, Gibert J. Macular pigment and the edge hypothesis of flicker photometry. Vision Res. 2004;44:3045-51 pubmedHeterochromatic flicker photometry is commonly used to measure macular pigment optical density (MPOD) in the human retina...
- Shinohara N, Kajiwara T, Ohnishi M, Kodama K, Yanagisawa Y. Passive emission colorimetric sensor (PECS) for measuring emission rates of formaldehyde based on an enzymatic reaction and reflectance photometry. Environ Sci Technol. 2008;42:4472-7 pubmed..A coin-sized passive emission colorimetric sensor (PECS) based on an enzymatic reaction and a portable reflectance photometry device were developed to determine the emission rates of formaldehyde from building materials and other ..
- Tugal Tutkun I, Herbort C. Laser flare photometry: a noninvasive, objective, and quantitative method to measure intraocular inflammation. Int Ophthalmol. 2010;30:453-64 pubmed publisher..Laser flare cell photometry is an objective quantitative method that enables accurate measurement of these parameters with very high ..
- Wooten B, Hammond B. Spectral absorbance and spatial distribution of macular pigment using heterochromatic flicker photometry. Optom Vis Sci. 2005;82:378-86 pubmed..Stimulus size did not influence the derived spectral curves. Based on data from this study and others, the HFP method appears to be a valid method for measuring MP density in subjects without retinal disease. ..
- Hannig C, Zech R, Henze E, Dreier S, Attin T. Peroxide release into saliva from five different home bleaching systems in vivo. Am J Dent. 2005;18:13-8 pubmed..4%). In terms of amount/kg body weight the bleaching systems led to a single exposure of 0.013-0.056 mg/kg which is distinctly less than the maximum safe daily dose of 0.26 mg/kg/day if calculated for a small person (58 kg/128 lbs). ..
- Bone R, Landrum J. Heterochromatic flicker photometry. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2004;430:137-42 pubmedMeasurement of the macular pigment optical density (MPOD) by heterochromatic flicker photometry (HFP) is accomplished by viewing a small circular stimulus that alternates between a test wavelength that is absorbed by the MP (typically--..
- Onaran E, Onbasli M, Yesilyurt A, Yu H, Nayfeh A, Okyay A. Silicon-Germanium multi-quantum well photodetectors in the near infrared. Opt Express. 2012;20:7608-15 pubmed publisher..1 A/W. Moreover, the spectral responsivity of fabricated detectors can be tuned by applied voltage. ..
- Goyal A, Spencer M, Shatrovoy O, Lee B, Diehl L, Pfluegl C, et al. Dispersion-compensated wavelength beam combining of quantum-cascade-laser arrays. Opt Express. 2011;19:26725-32 pubmed publisher..A transceiver based on the dual-grating-WBC QCL was used to measure the transmittance of a polymer sheet placed between itself and a retroreflector over a round-trip distance of 70 meters. ..
- Luu M, Tran C, Arhatari B, Balaur E, Kirby N, Mudie S, et al. Multi-wavelength elemental contrast absorption imaging. Opt Express. 2011;19:25969-80 pubmed publisher..The technique allows for an accurate determination of the elemental distribution in a compound sample even at a low level of percentage composition. It is also robust to the choice of energy intervals. ..
- Nakamura A, Miyazawa M. Evaluation of volatiles from Ampelopsis brevipedunculata var. heterophylla using GC-olfactometry, GC-MS and GC-pulsed flame photometric detector. J Oleo Sci. 2013;62:645-55 pubmed..The most odorous compounds of leaves and branches of A. brevipedunculata var. heterophylla were (E, Z)-2,6-nonadienal (melon, green odor), (E)-2-nonenal (grassy odor), phenylacetaldehyde (honey-like) and (E)-linalool oxide (woody odor). ..
- Kildemo M, Maria J, Ellingsen P, Aas L. Parametric model of the Mueller matrix of a Spectralon white reflectance standard deduced by polar decomposition techniques. Opt Express. 2013;21:18509-24 pubmed publisher..New models are proposed for the off diagonal elements of the measured Mueller matrix. ..
- Janz S, Xu D, Vachon M, Sabourin N, Cheben P, McIntosh H, et al. Photonic wire biosensor microarray chip and instrumentation with application to serotyping of Escherichia coli isolates. Opt Express. 2013;21:4623-37 pubmed publisher..This microarray system is used to demonstrate a multiplexed assay for serotyping E. coli bacteria using serospecific polyclonal antibody probe molecules. ..
- Cho J, Treweek J, Robinson J, Xiao C, Bremner L, Greenbaum A, et al. Dorsal Raphe Dopamine Neurons Modulate Arousal and Promote Wakefulness by Salient Stimuli. Neuron. 2017;94:1205-1219.e8 pubmed publisher..Using simultaneous fiber photometry and polysomnography, we observed time-delineated dorsal raphe nucleus dopaminergic (DRNDA) activity ..
- Menon H, Shirodkar S, Kedia S, S R, Babu S, Moorthy K. Temporal variation of aerosol optical depth and associated shortwave radiative forcing over a coastal site along the west coast of India. Sci Total Environ. 2014;468-469:83-92 pubmed publisher..These two conditions neutralized, resulting in a negative forcing at the TOA that remains nearly constant throughout the year. ..
- Stringham J, Snodderly D. Enhancing performance while avoiding damage: a contribution of macular pigment. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:6298-306 pubmed publisher..MP was measured psychophysically using heterochromatic flicker photometry (HFP)...
- Căruntu C, Boda D. Evaluation through in vivo reflectance confocal microscopy of the cutaneous neurogenic inflammatory reaction induced by capsaicin in human subjects. J Biomed Opt. 2012;17:085003 pubmed publisher..In vivo RCM allows the investigation of cutaneous vascular reactions induced by capsaicin. As such, this method may constitute an useful technique both for research and clinical practice. ..
- Wang J, Qi M. Design of a compact mode and polarization converter in three-dimensional photonic crystals. Opt Express. 2012;20:20356-67 pubmed publisher..The polarization extinction ratio of the conversion is in principle infinitely high because both W1 waveguides operate in the single-mode regimes in this wavelength range. ..
- Kurihara Y, Takama M, Masubuchi M, Ooya T, Takeuchi T. Microfluidic reflectometric interference spectroscopy-based sensing for exploration of protein-protein interaction conditions. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013;40:247-51 pubmed publisher..4). The proposed system was revealed to provide rapid tracking response against the change in temperature and pH. Consequently, the proposed RIfS system has a potential for the effective tool towards PPI analyses. ..
- Emami H, Sarkhosh N, Ashourian M. Reconfigurable photonic radar warning receiver based on cascaded grating. Opt Express. 2013;21:7734-9 pubmed publisher..The system was thus able to become reconfigured to operate at both broadband, low resolution and narrow band, high resolution modes. ..
- Nussenblatt R, Calogero D, Buchen S, Leder H, Goodkin M, Eydelman M. Rabbit intraocular reactivity to endotoxin measured by slit-lamp biomicroscopy and laser flare photometry. Ophthalmology. 2012;119:e19-23 pubmed publisher..device (OVD) containing various levels of bacterial endotoxin using slit-lamp biomicroscopy and laser flare photometry. Experimental, randomized, masked animal study. Thirty Dutch-Belted rabbits...
- Invernizzi A, Marchi S, Aldigeri R, Mastrofilippo V, Viscogliosi F, Soldani A, et al. Objective Quantification of Anterior Chamber Inflammation: Measuring Cells and Flare by Anterior Segment Optical Coherence Tomography. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1670-1677 pubmed publisher..Participants underwent an AC inflammation evaluation including: clinical cell and flare grading and laser flare photometry (LFP). Uveitis patients were divided into active or inactive uveitis status according to clinical grading...