Genomes and Genes
tandem mass spectrometry
Summary: A mass spectrometry technique using two (MS/MS) or more mass analyzers. With two in tandem, the precursor ions are mass-selected by a first mass analyzer, and focused into a collision region where they are then fragmented into product ions which are then characterized by a second mass analyzer. A variety of techniques are used to separate the compounds, ionize them, and introduce them to the first mass analyzer. For example, for in GC-MS/MS, GAS CHROMATOGRAPHY-MASS SPECTROMETRY is involved in separating relatively small compounds by GAS CHROMATOGRAPHY prior to injecting them into an ionization chamber for the mass selection.
- Rambla Alegre M, Reverté L, del Río V, de la Iglesia P, Palacios O, Flores C, et al. Evaluation of tetrodotoxins in puffer fish caught along the Mediterranean coast of Spain. Toxin profile of Lagocephalus sceleratus. Environ Res. 2017;158:1-6 pubmed publisher..sceleratus a recent invasive species in the Mediterranean, surveillance, risk assessment and risk management measures are necessary. The strategy used within this research work could be a valuable tool for future food safety monitoring. ..
- Nazeam J, Gad H, El Hefnawy H, Singab A. Chromatographic separation and detection methods of Aloe arborescens Miller constituents: A systematic review. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1058:57-67 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the review is targeted to provide evidence reported in the relevant literature on qualitative and quantitative research to assist scientists in isolation and characterization of bioactive compounds in A. arborescens. ..
- Higashi K, Shibasaki M, Kuni K, Uemura T, Waragai M, Uemura K, et al. Determination of 3-hydroxypropylmercapturic acid in urine by three column-switching high-performance liquid chromatography with electrochemical detection using a diamond electrode. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1517:79-85 pubmed publisher..5171x-1.007) exhibited good linearity within a defined range (r2=0.907). These results indicate that the combination of column-switching HPLC and ECD is a powerful tool for the specific, reliable detection of 3-HPMA in urine. ..
- Yang X, Wu X, Brown K, Le T, Stice S, Bartlett M. Determination of chlorpyrifos and its metabolites in cells and culture media by liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1063:112-117 pubmed publisher..This method has been successfully applied to study the neurotoxicity and metabolism of chlorpyrifos in a human neuronal model. ..
- Vodstrcil L, Rupasinghe T, Kong F, Tull D, Worthington K, Chen M, et al. Measurement of tissue azithromycin levels in self-collected vaginal swabs post treatment using liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177615 pubmed publisher..We developed an assay using liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) to measure azithromycin concentration in high-vaginal swabs and monitor how concentration ..
- Challa P, K R, K M V N. Structural identification of degradants of moexipril by LC-MS/MS. Biomed Chromatogr. 2017;31: pubmed publisher..and characterization of degradants of moexipril using liquid chromatography electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry (LC/ESI-MS/MS)...
- Jung M, Kang J, Jung H, Ma S. Inorganic arsenic contents in ready-to-eat rice products and various Korean rice determined by a highly sensitive gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Food Chem. 2018;240:1179-1183 pubmed publisher..rice products (n=30) and different types of Korean rice (n=102) were determined by a gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (GC-MS/MS). The method showed low limit of detection (0...
- Zhang L, Tu Z, Xie X, Wang H, Wang H, Wang Z, et al. Jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus Lam.) peel: A better source of antioxidants and a-glucosidase inhibitors than pulp, flake and seed, and phytochemical profile by HPLC-QTOF-MS/MS. Food Chem. 2017;234:303-313 pubmed publisher..Above results reveal promising potential of jackfruit peel as a new source of natural antioxidants and hypoglycemic agents. ..
- Rahman M, Abd El Aty A, Na T, Park J, Kabir M, Chung H, et al. Simultaneous quantification of methiocarb and its metabolites, methiocarb sulfoxide and methiocarb sulfone, in five food products of animal origin using tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1060:387-394 pubmed publisher..in five livestock products (chicken, pork, beef, table egg, and milk) using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Due to the rapid degradation of methiocarb and its metabolites, a quick sample preparation method was ..
- Miraghaei S, Mohammadi B, Babaei A, Keshavarz S, Bahrami G. Development and validation of a new HPLC-DAD method for quantification of sofosbuvir in human serum and its comparison with LC-MS/MS technique: Application to a bioequivalence study. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1063:118-122 pubmed publisherAlthough for many analyses tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) systems have significant advantage over the high-performance liquid chromatography with diode array detection (HPLC-DAD) however, the HPLC methods are easier, cheaper and more ..
- Xu W, Zhang Y, Zhou C, Tai Y, Zhang X, Liu J, et al. Simultaneous quantification six active compounds in rat plasma by UPLC-MS/MS and its application to a pharmacokinetic study of Pien-Tze-Huang. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1061-1062:314-321 pubmed publisher..24%, and the accuracy was within -10.05 to 9.87% for each analyte. The extraction recovery for each analyte ranged from 80.02 to 96.12%. This UPLC-MS/MS method was successfully applied to the pharmacokinetic study for PZH in rats. ..
- Wang Z, Wang H, Hu P, Jiang J, Zhao Q. A UPLC-MS/MS method for quantification of 5?-androst-3?,5,6?-triol in human plasma: development, validation and its application in clinical pharmacokinetic study. Bioanalysis. 2017;9:873-885 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to develop and validate a simple ultraperformance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry method for 5?-androst-3?,5,6?-triol in human plasma and its application in clinical pharmacokinetic study...
- Ishihara K, Watanabe R, Uchida H, Suzuki T, Yamashita M, Takenaka H, et al. Novel glycosylated mycosporine-like amino acid, 13-O-(?-galactosyl)-porphyra-334, from the edible cyanobacterium Nostoc sphaericum-protective activity on human keratinocytes from UV light. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;172:102-108 pubmed publisher..sphaericum as a major MAA. We also consider that the newly identified MAA, ?-Gal-P334 has a potential for use as an ingredient of cosmetics and toiletries. ..
- Khetarpal S, Zeng X, Millar J, Vitali C, Somasundara A, Zanoni P, et al. A human APOC3 missense variant and monoclonal antibody accelerate apoC-III clearance and lower triglyceride-rich lipoprotein levels. Nat Med. 2017;23:1086-1094 pubmed publisher..This protective mechanism has the potential to be exploited as a new therapeutic approach to reduce apoC-III levels and circulating TRL burden. ..
- Logue C, Dowey L, Strain J, Verhagen H, McClean S, Gallagher A. Application of Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry To Determine Urinary Concentrations of Five Commonly Used Low-Calorie Sweeteners: A Novel Biomarker Approach for Assessing Recent Intakes?. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:4516-4525 pubmed publisher..1% ADI) and high doses (10% ADI) only (p < 0.001). In summary, this biomarker approach may be useful for assessing intakes of five commonly consumed LCSs. ..
- Chen Y, Xie B, Yang J, Chen J, Sun Z. Identification of microbial carotenoids and isoprenoid quinones from Rhodococcus sp. B7740 and its stability in the presence of iron in model gastric conditions. Food Chem. 2018;240:204-211 pubmed publisher..Unlike ?-carotene and lutein, isorenieratene exhibited rather stable in the presence of free iron or heme iron. Its high retention rate in gastrointestinal tract after ingestion indicates the benefits for health. ..
- Ohlson S, Kaur J, Raida M, Niss U, Bengala T, Drum C, et al. Direct analysis - no sample preparation - of bioavailable cortisol in human plasma by weak affinity chromatography (WAC). J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1061-1062:438-444 pubmed publisher..Preliminary data with other steroid hormones indicate that WAC-MS can be applied to various biomolecules using a plasma transport protein such as albumin. ..
- Ji H, Wang J, Ju S, Cong H, Wang X, Su J, et al. Quantification of cystatin-C in human serum by stable isotope dilution liquid chromatography electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1059:49-55 pubmed publisher..In this paper, an isotope dilution liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (ID-LC-MS/MS) method was established for quantification of CysC in human serum...
- Teta R, Marteinsson V, Longeon A, Klonowski A, Groben R, Bourguet Kondracki M, et al. Thermoactinoamide A, an Antibiotic Lipophilic Cyclopeptide from the Icelandic Thermophilic Bacterium Thermoactinomyces vulgaris. J Nat Prod. 2017;80:2530-2535 pubmed publisher..The structure of 1 was determined by one- and two-dimensional NMR spectroscopy, high-resolution tandem mass spectrometry, and advanced Marfey's analysis of 1 and of the products of its partial hydrolysis...
- Rossi G, Valentim Neto P, Blank M, Faria J, Arisi A. Comparison of Grain Proteome Profiles of Four Brazilian Common Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) Cultivars. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:7588-7597 pubmed publisher..of these common bean cultivars were compared based on two-dimensional gel electrophoresis (2-DE) and tandem mass spectrometry (MS/MS)...
- Jiao Y, He J, Li F, Tao G, Zhang S, Zhang S, et al. N?-(carboxymethyl)lysine and N?-(carboxyethyl)lysine in tea and the factors affecting their formation. Food Chem. 2017;232:683-688 pubmed publisher..regions, including 44 green, 7 oolong, 41 black, and 7 dark teas were determined by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS). The CML and CEL contents varied from 11.0 to 1701?g/g tea and 4...
- Oszmianski J, Kucharska A. Effect of pre-treatment of blue honeysuckle berries on bioactive iridoid content. Food Chem. 2018;240:1087-1091 pubmed publisher..Freeze-dried pomace from blue honeysuckle can be an excellent source of bioactive iridoids. ..
- Chervin J, Stierhof M, Tong M, Peace D, Hansen K, Urgast D, et al. Targeted Dereplication of Microbial Natural Products by High-Resolution MS and Predicted LC Retention Time. J Nat Prod. 2017;80:1370-1377 pubmed publisher..The developed methodology suggests a pipeline approach to the dereplication of extracts and discovery of novel natural products. ..
- Kim Y, Moon J, Kim K, Kim H, Kim J, Jeong J, et al. ?-cell serotonin production is associated with female sex, old age, and diabetes-free condition. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:1197-1203 pubmed publisher..in ?TC and MIN6 cell lines, as well as in islets from mice using ultra-performance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. The average serotonin concentration was 5-10 ng/mg protein in the islets of male and non-pregnant ..
- Lim D, Mo C, Long N, Lim J, Kwon S. A rapid and reliable method for discriminating rice products from different regions using MCX-based solid-phase extraction and DI-MS/MS-based metabolomics approach. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1061-1062:185-192 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study provides a rapid and reliable platform for geographical discrimination of white rice and will contribute to the authenticity control of rice products. ..
- Zanoni C, Aiello G, Arnoldi A, Lammi C. Hempseed Peptides Exert Hypocholesterolemic Effects with a Statin-Like Mechanism. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:8829-8838 pubmed publisher..5, and 1.0 mg/mL concentrations. Finally, also a raise of the protein level of proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexintype 9 was observed. All of these data suggest that the mechanism of action has some similarity with that of statins. ..
- Grignon C, Dupuis A, Albouy Llaty M, Condylis M, Barrier L, Carato P, et al. Validation of a probe for assessing deconjugation of glucuronide and sulfate phase II metabolites assayed through LC-MS/MS in biological matrices. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1061-1062:72-78 pubmed publisher..The probe developed in this study allows to ensure that enzymatic preparation is working properly in the frame of a quality system. ..
- Michi M, Breda M, Belardi J, Dworetzky S, Solazzo L. Development and validation of a highly sensitive gradient chiral separation of pramipexole in human plasma by LC-MS/MS. Bioanalysis. 2017;9:683-692 pubmed publisher..An improved analytical method was developed and validated with a final LLQ for (S)-PPX of 0.1 ng/ml in the presence of 2000 ng/ml of (R)-PPX. ..
- Zimmermann B, Patzke H, Schieber A. Separation of alk(en)ylresorcinols from rye bran with saturated, monoenoic, dienoic, trienoic and hydroxylated monoenoic side chains using an octyl phase in ultra-high performance liquid chromatography and their differentiation by tandem mass spectro. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1506:65-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, isolation and quantification using non-mass-selective detectors is now possible for each AR. Since rye bran has the most complex AR composition, this method is expected to facilitate the analysis of ARs also in other samples. ..
- González Jartı N J, Alfonso A, Sainz M, Vieytes M, Botana L. UPLC-MS-IT-TOF Identification of Circumdatins Produced by Aspergillus ochraceus. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:4843-4852 pubmed publisher..With the fragmentation data obtained, an UPLC-MS/MS method was created and optimized to detect circumdatins in corn samples. ..
- Nongonierma A, Hennemann M, Paolella S, Fitzgerald R. Generation of wheat gluten hydrolysates with dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV) inhibitory properties. Food Funct. 2017;8:2249-2257 pubmed publisher..peptides such as Val-Pro-Leu, Trp-Leu and Trp-Pro which were identified by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)...
- Caliskan N, Wohlgemuth I, Korniy N, Pearson M, Peske F, Rodnina M. Conditional Switch between Frameshifting Regimes upon Translation of dnaX mRNA. Mol Cell. 2017;66:558-567.e4 pubmed publisher..Quantitative mass spectrometry shows that the -2-frame product is synthesized in vivo. We suggest that switching between frameshifting routes may enrich gene expression at conditions of aminoacyl-tRNA limitation. ..
- Kim J, Tran T, Hong S, Jeong J. A reference measurement procedure for amino acids in blood using isotope dilution ultra-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1055-1056:72-80 pubmed publisher..with 5-sulfosalicylic acid (SSA) and an isotope dilution-ultra performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS) method...
- Wang Z, Zhu W, Gao M, Wu C, Yang C, Yang J, et al. Simultaneous determination of cucurbitacin B and cucurbitacin E in rat plasma by UHPLC-MS/MS: A pharmacokinetics study after oral administration of cucurbitacin tablets. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1065-1066:63-69 pubmed publisher..An Ultra High Performance Liquid Chromatography-tandem Mass Spectrometry (UHPLC-MS/MS) method with high selectivity, simplicity and sensitivity has been used for quantitative ..
- Kawai M, Johnston J, Karam T, Wang L, Singh R, Pinto J. Myosin Rod Hypophosphorylation and CB Kinetics in Papillary Muscles from a TnC-A8V KI Mouse Model. Biophys J. 2017;112:1726-1736 pubmed publisher..Further investigation using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry revealed hypophosphorylation of the rod domain of myosin heavy chain in TnC-A8V mutant fibers compared to ..
- Kikuta K, Kubota D, Yoshida A, Qiao Z, Morioka H, Nakamura M, et al. Discoidin, CUB and LCCL domain-containing protein 2 (DCBLD2) is a novel biomarker of myxofibrosarcoma invasion identified by global protein expression profiling. Biochim Biophys Acta Proteins Proteom. 2017;1865:1160-1166 pubmed publisher..Further validation studies based on multi-institutional collaboration and comprehensive analysis of DCBLD2 biological functions in MFS are required to confirm its prognostic utility for clinical application. ..
- Yoshikawa S, Nagano C, Kanda M, Hayashi H, Matsushima Y, Nakajima T, et al. Simultaneous determination of multi-class veterinary drugs in chicken processed foods and muscle using solid-supported liquid extraction clean-up. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1057:15-23 pubmed publisher..2 to 1.0?g/kg. Applying this method to samples commercially available in Tokyo, residues were detected in 3 out of 26 deep-fried chickens, 5 out of 20 non-fried chicken cutlets, and 17 out of 39 chicken muscles. ..
- Weisskopf E, Panchaud A, Nguyen K, Grosjean D, Hascoet J, Csajka C, et al. Simultaneous determination of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and their main metabolites in human breast milk by liquid chromatography-electrospray mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1057:101-109 pubmed publisher..Finally, the method was successfully applied to patient samples collected in a clinical pharmacokinetic study of nursing mothers taking an antidepressant treatment. ..
- Wu D, Liu B, Yin J, Xu T, Zhao S, Xu Q, et al. Detection of 8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) as a biomarker of oxidative damage in peripheral leukocyte DNA by UHPLC-MS/MS. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1064:1-6 pubmed publisher..In this study, a fast and accurate ultra-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (UHPLC-MS/MS) method was developed and validated to detect 8-OHdG in human peripheral leukocyte...
- Yang T, Shu T, Liu G, Mei H, Zhu X, Huang X, et al. Quantitative profiling of 19 bile acids in rat plasma, liver, bile and different intestinal section contents to investigate bile acid homeostasis and the application of temporal variation of endogenous bile acids. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;172:69-78 pubmed publisher..section contents (duodenum, jejunum, ileum, cecum and colon) using high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) to reveal the pattern of bile acid homeostasis in the enterohepatic circulation of bile acids ..
- Zhang Y, Sun Y, Mu X, Yuan L, Wang Q, Zhang L. Identification of metabolites of vindoline in rats using ultra-high performance liquid chromatography/quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1060:126-137 pubmed publisher..This study provides useful information for further study of the pharmacology and mechanism of VDL, meanwhile, the research method can be widely applied to speculate structural features of the metabolites of other vinca alkaloids. ..
- Nakamura H, Kawamata Y, Kuwahara T, Sakai R. The Nitrogen Moieties of Dietary Nonessential Amino Acids Are Distinctively Metabolized in the Gut and Distributed to the Circulation in Rats. J Nutr. 2017;147:1537-1545 pubmed publisher..enrichments in the gut and in portal and arterial plasma were measured by an amino acid analyzer and LC tandem mass spectrometry, respectively...
- Fan L, Tong Q, Dong W, Yang G, Hou X, Xiong W, et al. Tissue Distribution, Excretion, and Metabolic Profile of Dihydromyricetin, a Flavonoid from Vine Tea (Ampelopsis grossedentata) after Oral Administration in Rats. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:4597-4604 pubmed publisher..The present findings may provide the theoretical basis for evaluating the biological activities of DMY and will be helpful for its future development and application...
- Martinello M, Borin A, Stella R, Bovo D, Biancotto G, Gallina A, et al. Development and validation of a QuEChERS method coupled to liquid chromatography and high resolution mass spectrometry to determine pyrrolizidine and tropane alkaloids in honey. Food Chem. 2017;234:295-302 pubmed publisher..1 and 15.6%. These performances demonstrate the selectivity and sensitivity of the method for simultaneous trace detection and quantification of PAs and TAs in honey, verified through the analysis of forty commercial samples. ..
- Dorival García N, Bones J. Monitoring leachables from single-use bioreactor bags for mammalian cell culture by dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction followed by ultra high performance liquid chromatography quadrupole time of flight mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1512:51-60 pubmed publisher..This method can be used for early identification of non-satisfactory SUB films for cultivation of CHO cell lines for biopharmaceutical production. ..
- Nongonierma A, Lalmahomed M, Paolella S, FitzGerald R. Milk protein isolate (MPI) as a source of dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV) inhibitory peptides. Food Chem. 2017;231:202-211 pubmed publisher..peptides with DPP-IV inhibitory features or known activity were identified by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) within the hydrolysates...
- Luo Y, Cichocki J, McDonald T, Rusyn I. Simultaneous detection of the tetrachloroethylene metabolites S-(1,2,2-trichlorovinyl) glutathione, S-(1,2,2-trichlorovinyl)-L-cysteine, and N-acetyl-S-(1,2,2-trichlorovinyl)-L-cysteine in multiple mouse tissues via ultra-high performance liquid chro. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2017;80:513-524 pubmed publisher..Hence, an ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry-based method was developed for analysis of TCVG, TCVC, and NAcTCVC in liver, kidneys, serum, and urine...