Genomes and Genes
Summary: An analytical technique for resolution of a chemical mixture into its component compounds. Compounds are separated on an adsorbent paper (stationary phase) by their varied degree of solubility/mobility in the eluting solvent (mobile phase).
- Phillips J, Simmons J, Bowman J. Terminal synthesis of xanthommatin in Drosophila melanogaster. I. Roles of phenol oxidase and substrate availability. Biochem Genet. 1970;4:481-7 pubmed
- Holmgren A. Thioredoxin. 6. The amino acid sequence of the protein from escherichia coli B. Eur J Biochem. 1968;6:475-84 pubmed
- Hao Z, Stowe E, Ahluwalia G, Baker D, Hebbler A, Chisena C, et al. Characterization of 2',3'-dideoxycytidine diphosphocholine and 2',3'-dideoxycytidine diphosphoethanolamine. Prominent phosphodiester metabolites of the anti-HIV nucleoside 2',3'-dideoxycytidine. Drug Metab Dispos. 1993;21:738-44 pubmed..The possible role of these phosphodiesters in contributing to the unusual toxicity of ddCyd is discussed. ..
- Albers E, Gustafsson L, Niklasson C, Liden G. Distribution of 14C-labelled carbon from glucose and glutamate during anaerobic growth of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Microbiology. 1998;144 ( Pt 6):1683-90 pubmed..Separation of the amino acids from biomass by paper chromatography revealed that the glutamate family of amino acids (glutamic acid, glutamine, proline, arginine and lysine) ..
- Beintema J, Gruber M. Rat pancreatic ribonuclease. II. Amino acid sequence. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1973;310:161-73 pubmed
- Santome J, Dellacha J, Paladini A, Pena C, Biscoglio M, Daurat S, et al. Primary structure of bovine growth hormone. Eur J Biochem. 1973;37:164-70 pubmed
- Greene R, Hunter J, Coch E. Properties of metK mutants of Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1973;115:57-67 pubmed..The metK strains are able to synthesize cyclopropane fatty acids, but the rate of their formation is slowed. Modification and restriction of phage 21 appears to be normal, suggesting that these strains are able to methylate DNA. ..
- Boese B, Breaker R. In vitro selection and characterization of cellulose-binding DNA aptamers. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:6378-88 pubmed..CELAPT 14 aptamer variants exhibit robust binding both to cellulose powder and paper. Also, an allosteric aptamer construct was engineered that exhibits ATP-mediated cellulose binding during paper chromatography.
- Iznaga Escobar N. Direct radiolabeling of monoclonal antibodies with rhenium-188 for radioimmunotherapy of solid tumors--a review of radiolabeling characteristics, quality control and in vitro stability studies. Appl Radiat Isot. 2001;54:399-406 pubmed..Moreover, excellent methods have been developed to test the radionuclide, radiochemical purity and stability of 188Re-radioimmunoconjugates using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and paper chromatography.
- Collinder E, Berge G, Grønvold B, Lindholm A, Midtved T, Norin E. Influence of bacitracin on microbial functions in the gastrointestinal tract of horses. Equine Vet J. 2000;32:345-50 pubmed..Utilising gas chromatography, spectrophotometry, gel electrophoresis and paper chromatography, samples were analysed on biochemical markers reflecting the action of parts of the intestinal flora...
- Watanabe F, Katsura H, Takenaka S, Fujita T, Abe K, Tamura Y, et al. Pseudovitamin B(12) is the predominant cobamide of an algal health food, spirulina tablets. J Agric Food Chem. 1999;47:4736-41 pubmed..leichmannii as a test organism and the binding of vitamin B(12) to the intrinsic factor. ..
- Banerjee S, Das T, Samuel G, Sarma H, Venkatesh M, Pillai M. A novel [186/188Re]-labelled porphyrin for targeted radiotherapy. Nucl Med Commun. 2001;22:1101-7 pubmed..The complexation yield was >98% as estimated by paper chromatography in acetone and in saline...
- Emel ianova E, Reshetilov A. [Activity of Pseudomonas rathonis T cells as the receptor component of membrane biocensors for detecting surfactants]. Mikrobiologiia. 2002;71:277-80 pubmed
- Blackwell R, Boon W, Liu C, Weng M. Hemoglobin J Singapore: alpha 78 Asn--Asp; alpha 79 Ala--Gly. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1972;278:482-90 pubmed
- Lorkin P, Charlesworth D, Lehmann H, Rahbar S, Tuchinda S, Eng L. Two haemoglobins Q, alpha-74 (EF3) and alpha-75 (EF4) aspartic acid to histidine. Br J Haematol. 1970;19:117-25 pubmed
- Bame K, Lidholt K, Lindahl U, Esko J. Biosynthesis of heparan sulfate. Coordination of polymer-modification reactions in a Chinese hamster ovary cell mutant defective in N-sulfotransferase. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:10287-93 pubmed..The present study shows that this concept also applies to heparan sulfate biosynthesis in the intact cell. ..
- Lugtenberg E, De Haas Menger L, Ruyters W. Murein synthesis and identification of cell wall precursors of temperature-sensitive lysis mutants of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1972;109:326-35 pubmed..It was impossible to accumulate UDP-MurNAc-pentapeptide in E. coli by the antibiotics penicillin and vancomycin. The hypothesis is put forward that the amount of this murein precursor is regulated by feedback inhibition. ..
- Wannmacher C, Wajner M, Buchalter M, Dutra Filho C, Pellini V, Pedroso D, et al. Detection of inborn errors of metabolism in unselected patients from pediatric intensive care units in Porto Alegre, Brazil: evaluation of screening techniques. Braz J Med Biol Res. 1987;20:11-23 pubmed..5. A comparison between paper chromatography and high voltage paper electrophoresis in terms of effective analysis of amino acid patterns demonstrated ..
- Oliver L, Hartree A. Amino acid sequences around the cystine residues in horse growth hormone. Biochem J. 1968;109:19-24 pubmed..Four unique half-cystine residues occur in two peptides, one containing 11 and the other, at the C-terminus of the protein, 15 amino acids. These sequences are compared with published data on growth hormones from other species. ..
- Freedberg W, Kistler W, Lin E. Lethal synthesis of methylglyoxal by Escherichia coli during unregulated glycerol metabolism. J Bacteriol. 1971;108:137-44 pubmed..Methylglyoxal-resistant mutants derived from the glycerol-sensitive parental strain also became immune to glycerol. ..
- Chakraborty S, Unni P, Banerjee S, Samuel G, Das T, Sarma H, et al. Potential (166)Ho radiopharmaceuticals for intravascular radiation therapy (IVRT)-I: [(166)Ho] holmium labeled ethylene dicysteine. Nucl Med Biol. 2001;28:309-17 pubmed..These studies reveal that (166)Ho-EC could be a viable substitute for (188)Re compounds in radioactive liquid-filled balloon IVRT. ..
- Lin K, Deutsch H. Human carbonic anhydrases. XI. The complete primary structure of carbonic anhydrase B. J Biol Chem. 1973;248:1885-93 pubmed
- Salnikow J, Murphy D. Bovine pancreatic deoxyribonucleases A and C. A proline for histidine substitution in deoxyribonuclease C. J Biol Chem. 1973;248:1499-501 pubmed
- Mukerjea R, Robyt J. Starch biosynthesis: sucrose as a substrate for the synthesis of a highly branched component found in 12 varieties of starches. Carbohydr Res. 2003;338:1811-22 pubmed
- Kupferberg A, Tomassoni M, Mersel M. Separation and purification of dolichol and dolichyl phosphate by anion-exchange paper chromatography: application to cultured cells. Anal Biochem. 1992;206:236-40 pubmed..and dolichol C55 (dolichol 11:dihydroundecaprenol) were separated by anion-exchange paper chromatography. Squalene, sterols, phospholipids, anionic glycolipids, and glycerol did not migrate as dolichyl phosphate, ..
- Davis C, Elhammer A, Russell D, Schneider W, Kornfeld S, Brown M, et al. Deletion of clustered O-linked carbohydrates does not impair function of low density lipoprotein receptor in transfected fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 1986;261:2828-38 pubmed
- Jha R, de Sousa S. Microplate assay for inhibitors of the transpeptidase activity of PBP1b of Escherichia coli. J Biomol Screen. 2006;11:1005-14 pubmed..Moenomycin, a TG inhibitor, also inhibited TP activity. Because this is a true enzyme assay, it has the potential to detect novel, non-beta-lactam TP inhibitors and could lead to the discovery of new antibacterial agents. ..
- Shukla S, Atzei G, Sedda A, Rossi G, Cipriani C. Paper chromatographic and paper elettrophoretic study of the solution chemistry of Tc-99m-methylendiphosphonate and of Tc-99m-dimercaptosuccinate for improving the tumour-affinity of Tc-99m during scintigraphic imaging of cancer. Ann Chim. 2004;94:761-6 pubmed..free from the radionuclide uptake, the solution chemistry of these radiopharmaceuticals was studied by paper chromatography and paper electrophoresis in distilled water, in physiological saline, in NAHCO3, and ascorbic acid ..
- Rick P, Wolski S, Barr K, Ward S, Ramsay Sharer L. Accumulation of a lipid-linked intermediate involved in enterobacterial common antigen synthesis in Salmonella typhimurium mutants lacking dTDP-glucose pyrophosphorylase. J Bacteriol. 1988;170:4008-14 pubmed..The data support the conclusion that accumulation of lipid II is responsible in some way for the hypersensitivity of delta rfbA mutants to SDS. ..
- Romero Herrera A, Lehmann H. The myoglobin of primates. II. Pan Troglodytes (chimpanzee). Biochim Biophys Acta. 1972;278:62-7 pubmed
- Kean E. Topographical orientation in microsomal vesicles of the N-acetylglucosaminyltransferases which catalyze the biosynthesis of N-acetylglucosaminylpyrophosphoryldolichol and N-acetylglucosaminyl-N-acetylglucosaminylpyrophosphoryldolichol. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:942-6 pubmed..This study strongly suggests a nonluminal, cytoplasmic orientation of the N-acetylglucosaminyltransferases concerned with the biosynthesis of the first two intermediates of the dolichol pathway. ..
- Hausler A, Ballou L, Ballou C, Robbins P. Yeast glycoprotein biosynthesis: MNT1 encodes an alpha-1,2-mannosyltransferase involved in O-glycosylation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:6846-50 pubmed..cerevisiae, which suggests a role for O-mannosylated proteins in the resistance mechanism. In addition, MNT1 is part of a multigene family whose members are presumed to be yeast Golgi mannosyltransferases. ..
- Bruschi M, Le Gall J. C-type cytochromes of Desulfovibrio vulgaris. The primary structure of cytochrome c 553. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1972;271:48-60 pubmed
- Shotton D, Hartley B. Amino-acid sequence of porcine pancreatic elastase and its homologies with other serine proteinases. Nature. 1970;225:802-6 pubmed
- Fukuda M. Beta-elimination for release of O-GalNAc-linked oligosaccharides from glycoproteins and glycopeptides. Curr Protoc Mol Biol. 2001;Chapter 17:Unit17.15B pubmed publisher..Another alternative protocol uses sodium sulfite. ..
- DeLange R, Smith E. Histone 3. I. Isolation and sequences of the tryptic peptides from the maleylated calf thymus protein. J Biol Chem. 1973;248:3248-54 pubmed
- Przybyło M, Litynska A. Characterization of the oligosaccharide component of arylsulfatase B from rat liver. Acta Biochim Pol. 1997;44:181-90 pubmed..5%. ..
- Leibowitz M, Soffer R. Enzymatic modification of proteins. VII. Substrate specificity of leucyl,phenylalanyl-transfer ribonucleic acid-protein transferase. J Biol Chem. 1971;246:5207-12 pubmed
- Wright C, Hanly E. Pteridines in the fat body of a mutant of Drosophila melanogaster. Science. 1966;152:533-5 pubmed..Variations in other pteridines were also observed. The mutant accumulates and later loses drosopterins in the abdominal fat body of adults. ..
- Blake R, Russell E. Hyperprolinemia and prolinuria in a new inbred strain of mice, PRO-Re. Science. 1972;176:809-11 pubmed..In addition, mice of this PRO/Re strain exhibited a marked prolinuria, whereas the other 14 inbred strains had no proline detectable in their urine. ..
- Ramakrishnan M, Wengenack T, Kandimalla K, Curran G, Gilles E, Ramirez Alvarado M, et al. Selective contrast enhancement of individual Alzheimer's disease amyloid plaques using a polyamine and Gd-DOTA conjugated antibody fragment against fibrillar Abeta42 for magnetic resonance molecular imaging. Pharm Res. 2008;25:1861-72 pubmed publisher
- Gurgel L, Júnior O, Gil R, Gil L. Adsorption of Cu(II), Cd(II), and Pb(II) from aqueous single metal solutions by cellulose and mercerized cellulose chemically modified with succinic anhydride. Bioresour Technol. 2008;99:3077-83 pubmed..Adsorption isotherms were developed using Langmuir model. Cell 6 in relation to cell 5 exhibited an increase in Qmax for Cu2+ (30.4 mg/g), Cd2+ (86.0 mg/g) and Pb2+ (205.9 mg/g)...
- Ovodova R, Bushneva O, Shashkov A, Chizhov A, Ovodov Y. Structural studies on pectin from marsh cinquefoil Comarum palustre L. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2005;70:867-77 pubmed
- Pacchiarotti A, Bartalena L, Falcone M, Buratti L, Grasso L, Martino E, et al. Free thyroxine and free triiodothyronine measurement in dried blood spots on filter paper by column adsorption chromatography followed by radioimmunoassay. Horm Metab Res. 1988;20:293-7 pubmed
- Metlitskaia L, Cabralda J, Suleman D, Kerry C, Brinkman J, Bartfeld D, et al. Recombinant antimicrobial peptides efficiently produced using novel cloning and purification processes. Biotechnol Appl Biochem. 2004;39:339-45 pubmed..Challenges of industrial-scale manufacturing of therapeutics were considered in the development of this process. ..
- Elzainy T, Ali T. Nature and mode of action of NAD and ATP dephosphorylating enzyme from Aspergillus terreus DSM 826. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2003;84:255-60 pubmed..Chromatographic detection of the intermediates and the products formed during the progression of NAD and ATP dephosphorylation by the most purified fraction of this enzyme was found to be consistent with the following mode of its action: ..
- Kobata A, Ginsburg V. Uridine diphosphate-N-acetyl-D-galactosamine: D-galactose alpha-3-N-acetyl-D-galactosaminyltransferase, a product of the gene that determines blood type A in man. J Biol Chem. 1970;245:1484-90 pubmed
- Saritha K, Nanda Kumar N. Qualitative detection of selenium in fortified soil and water samples by a paper chromatographic-carboxyl esterase enzyme inhibition technique. J Chromatogr A. 2001;919:223-8 pubmed..Soil and water samples were fortified with sodium selenite and selenium dioxide. A procedure for preparing test solutions and conditions for paper chromatography was established.
- Schmid K, Kaufmann H, Isemura S, Bauer F, Emura J, Motoyama T, et al. Structure of 1 -acid glycoprotein. The complete amino acid sequence, multiple amino acid substitutions, and homology with the immunoglobulins. Biochemistry. 1973;12:2711-24 pubmed
- Kang A, Bornstein P, Piez K. The amino acid sequence of peptides from the cross-linking region of rat skin collagen. Biochemistry. 1967;6:788-95 pubmed
- Arruda A, Aucelio R. Room-temperature phosphorimetry for the selective determination of yohimbine in the presence of reserpine-like indolic alkaloids. Anal Sci. 2002;18:831-4 pubmed
- Furth A, Milman J, Priddle J, Offord R. Studies on the subunit structure and amino acid sequence of trisoe phosphate isomerase from chicken breast muscle. Biochem J. 1974;139:11-22 pubmed..LS23 7BQ, U.K., from whom copies may be obtained on the terms given in Biochem. J. (1973) 131, 5. ..
- Holwerda D. A glycopeptide from the posterior lobe of pig pituitaries. 2. Primary structure. Eur J Biochem. 1972;28:340-6 pubmed