Genomes and Genes
deae cellulose chromatography
Summary: A type of ion exchange chromatography using diethylaminoethyl cellulose (DEAE-CELLULOSE) as a positively charged resin. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)
- Held W, Smith O. Regulation of the Escherichia coli tryptophan operon by early reactions in the aromatic pathway. J Bacteriol. 1970;101:202-8 pubmed..Owing to this competitive nature of tryptophan feedback inhibition of anthranilate synthetase by chorismic acid, the early pathway apparently serves to exert a regulatory influence on tryptophan biosynthesis. ..
- Resing K, Thulin C, Whiting K, Al Alawi N, Mostad S. Characterization of profilaggrin endoproteinase 1. A regulated cytoplasmic endoproteinase of epidermis. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:28193-8 pubmed..In contrast to the specific cleavage of mouse profilaggrin, PEP1 cleaved all linker regions of rat profilaggrin. Studies with phosphorylated P1 suggest that PEP1 specificity may be partly regulated by profilaggrin phosphorylation. ..
- De Caro A, Bonicel J, Rouimi P, De Caro J, Sarles H, Rovery M. Complete amino acid sequence of an immunoreactive form of human pancreatic stone protein isolated from pancreatic juice. Eur J Biochem. 1987;168:201-7 pubmed..The amino acid sequences of the peptides were determined with a sequencer. From the sequence data it was deduced that the PSP S1 polypeptide chain contains 133 amino acid residues and has a Mr of 15,000...
- Hua S, To W, Nguyen T, Wong M, Wang C. Purification and characterization of proteasomes from Trypanosoma brucei. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 1996;78:33-46 pubmed..brucei. ..
- Shearer T, Ma H, Shih M, Hata I, Fukiage C, Nakamura Y, et al. Lp82 calpain during rat lens maturation and cataract formation. Curr Eye Res. 1998;17:1037-43 pubmed..Lp82 may function early in lens maturation along with m-calpain, which then is predominant in the latter stages of maturation. Proteolysis in selenite cataract is partially caused by over-activation of Lp82. ..
- Johnston A, MacGregor A, Borovec S, Hattarki M, Stuckly K, Anderson D, et al. Inactivation and clearance of viruses during the manufacture of high purity factor IX. Biologicals. 2000;28:129-36 pubmed..Overall, these studies indicate that MonoFIX-VF is a product with an extremely high level of viral safety. ..
- Shin Buehring Y, Stuempfig L, Pouget E, Rahm P, Schaub J. Characterization of galactose-1-phosphate uridyl-transferase and galactokinase in human organs from the fetus and adult. Clin Chim Acta. 1981;112:257-65 pubmed..4) Transferase and galactokinase activity in human liver is resolved into two major components on DEAE-cellulose columns. It seems that transferase and galactokinase exist in human tissues as more than two isoenzyme constituents...
- Tan E, Kunkel H. Characteristics of a soluble nuclear antigen precipitating with sera of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. J. Immunol. 1966. 96: 464-471. J Immunol. 2006;176:1297-304 pubmed
- Bhatti H, Najma A, Asgher M, Hanif M, Zia M. Purification and thermal characterization of a novel peroxidase from a local chick pea cultivar. Protein Pept Lett. 2006;13:799-804 pubmed..The high specific activity and thermal stability make chick pea peroxidase an alternative to horseradish peroxidase (HRP) in various applications. ..
- Stribling D, Perham R. Purification and characterization of two fructose diphosphate aldolases from Escherichia coli (Crookes' strain). Biochem J. 1973;131:833-41 pubmed..Only aldolase of class II was found in E. coli that had been grown on glucose. The significance of these results for the evolution of fructose diphosphate aldolases is briefly discussed. ..
- Valente F, Saraiva L, LeGall J, Xavier A, Teixeira M, Pereira I. A membrane-bound cytochrome c3: a type II cytochrome c3 from Desulfovibrio vulgaris Hildenborough. Chembiochem. 2001;2:895-905 pubmed..With the periplasmic [Fe] hydrogenase TpII-c3 is reduced much slower than TpI-c3, and no catalytic effect of TpI-c3 is observed. ..
- Ciborowski P, Hryniewicz W, Jeljaszewicz J. Purification and partial characterization of two proteinases from Clostridium butyricum M 55. Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A. 1988;268:180-92 pubmed..M55 proteinases were purified by application of a multistep procedure involving ethanol precipitation, DEAE cellulose chromatography and molecular sieving. The purified enzymes obtained were called proteinase I and proteinase II...
- Afifi A, Fawzi E, Foaad M. Purification and general properties of pectin methyl esterase from Curvularia inaequalis NRRL 13884 in solid state culture using orange peels as an inducer. Acta Microbiol Pol. 2002;51:237-45 pubmed..The enzyme was activated by Co++, Mg++, Na+, whereas it was slightly activated in the presence of Cu++, K+, Mn++, Zn++. On the other hand Ag++, Ca++ and Hg++ inhibited the activity of the enzyme. The Km was calculated to be 0.52 mM. ..
- Fonseca J, Honda R, Delatorre P, Fadel V, Bonilla Rodriguez G, de Azevedo W. Crystallization, preliminary X-ray analysis and molecular-replacement solution of haemoglobin-II from the fish matrinxã (Brycon cephalus). Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2003;59:752-4 pubmed..Crystals were determined to belong to space group P2(1) and preliminary structural analysis revealed the presence of two tetramers in the asymmetric unit. The structure was determined using the standard molecular-replacement technique. ..
- Paulsson M, Deutzmann R, Dziadek M, Nowack H, Timpl R, Weber S, et al. Purification and structural characterization of intact and fragmented nidogen obtained from a tumor basement membrane. Eur J Biochem. 1986;156:467-78 pubmed..The data suggest a multidomain structure for nidogen containing sites highly susceptible to proteolytic cleavage. ..
- Mori S, Tanaka K, Kanaki H, Nakao M, Anan T, Yokote K, et al. Identification of an ubiquitin-ligation system for the epidermal-growth-factor receptor--herbimycin A induces in vitro ubiquitination in rabbit-reticulocyte lysate. Eur J Biochem. 1997;247:1190-6 pubmed
- Frenkel G, Richardson C. The deoxyribonuclease induced after infection of Escherichia coli by bacteriophage T5. II. Role of the enzyme in replication of the pahge deoxyribonucleic acid. J Biol Chem. 1971;246:4848-52 pubmed
- Rosenbaum N, Gefter M. Delta 2 -isopentenylpyrophosphate: transfer ribonucleic acid 2 -isopentenyltransferase from Escherichia coli. Purification and properties of the enzyme. J Biol Chem. 1972;247:5675-80 pubmed
- Hatakeyama T, Kimura M. Complete amino acid sequences of the ribosomal proteins L25, L29 and L31 from the archaebacterium Halobacterium marismortui. Eur J Biochem. 1988;172:703-11 pubmed..8%), and tobacco chloroplasts (16.3%) as well as to protein L25 from yeast (38.0%). Proteins L29 and L31 do not appear to be homologous to any other ribosomal proteins whose structures are so far known. ..
- Li D, Zhang S, Liu K, Lu J. Purification and partial characterization of a chitinase from the mycoparasitic fungus Trichothecium roseum. J Gen Appl Microbiol. 2004;50:35-9 pubmed
- Wiley S, Kraus R, Zuo F, Murray E, Loritz K, Mertz J. SV40 early-to-late switch involves titration of cellular transcriptional repressors. Genes Dev. 1993;7:2206-19 pubmed..These findings suggest simple molecular mechanisms by which hormones may modulate expression of viral late genes. We speculate that activation of expression of the late genes of other viruses may occur by similar mechanisms. ..
- Ben Mahrez K, Thierry D, Sorokine I, Danna Muller A, Kohiyama M. Detection of circulating antibodies against c-myc protein in cancer patient sera. Br J Cancer. 1988;57:529-34 pubmed
- Vigue C, Johnson F. Isozyme variability in species of the genus Drosophila. VI. Frequency-property-environment relationships of allelic alcohol dehydrogenases in D. melanogaster. Biochem Genet. 1973;9:213-27 pubmed
- Kumar S, Ray P, Singh H, Ganguly N. Immunogenicity and protective role of an IgA reactive 31-kDa antigen of Vibrio cholerae O139. J Med Microbiol. 2001;50:489-98 pubmed..These results demonstrate the ability of the 31-kDa antigen of V. cholerae O139 to induce humoral and cellular immune responses in mice, and its immunoprotective nature. ..
- Ueda O, Kitamura S, Ohashi K, Sugihara K, Ohta S. Xanthine oxidase-catalyzed metabolism of 2-nitrofluorene, a carcinogenic air pollutant, in rat skin. Drug Metab Dispos. 2003;31:367-72 pubmed..These results indicated that reduction of 2-nitrofluorene in the skin was mainly catalyzed by xanthine oxidase. ..
- Mehrländer K, Dietrich H, Sembries S, Dongowski G, Will F. Structural characterization of oligosaccharides and polysaccharides from apple juices produced by enzymatic pomace liquefaction. J Agric Food Chem. 2002;50:1230-6 pubmed..Linkage studies were performed on neutral fractions from anion-exchange chromatography and size exclusion chromatography. They revealed highly branched arabinans, xyloglucans, and mainly type I arabinogalactans. ..
- Mohamed S, Mohamed T, Fahmy A, El Badry M, Abdel Gany S. Fasciola gigantica: enzymes of the ornithine-proline-glutamate pathway--characterization of delta1-pyrroline-5-carboxylate dehydrogenase. Exp Parasitol. 2008;118:47-53 pubmed..While 3mM AMP caused 31% activation of enzyme, 3mM ADP and ATP inhibited activity by 18% and 23%, respectively. Apart from Cu2+, the divalent cations that were studied caused partial inhibitory effects on the enzyme. ..
- Diallo D, Paulsen B, Liljebäck T, Michaelsen T. Polysaccharides from the roots of Entada africana Guill. et Perr., Mimosaceae, with complement fixing activity. J Ethnopharmacol. 2001;74:159-71 pubmed..These fractions also contain arabinogalactan type II structures, shown by the formation of precipitates with the Yariv reagent. ..
- Beccari T, Mancuso F, Costanzi E, Tassi C, Barone R, Fiumara A, et al. beta-hexosaminidase, alpha-D-mannosidase, and beta-mannosidase expression in serum from patients with carbohydrate-deficient glycoprotein syndrome type I. Clin Chim Acta. 2000;302:125-32 pubmed..alpha-D-Mannosidase isoenzyme was eluted in a slightly more basic position in CDG serum than in control serum, whereas beta-D-mannosidase isoenzyme was eluted in the same position. ..
- Buhler C, Borde V, Lichten M. Mapping meiotic single-strand DNA reveals a new landscape of DNA double-strand breaks in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e324 pubmed
- Soffer R. Post-translational modification of proteins catalyzed by aminoacyl-tRNA-protein transferases. Mol Cell Biochem. 1973;2:3-14 pubmed
- Brewer H, Lux S, Ronan R, John K. Amino acid sequence of human apoLp-Gln-II (apoA-II), an apolipoprotein isolated from the high-density lipoprotein complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1972;69:1304-8 pubmed..The minimum molecular weight of the intact apoprotein is 17,380. The amino-terminal residue of each chain is pyrrolidone carboxylic acid, and the carboxyl-terminal residue is glutamine. ..
- Aydemir T, Kavrayan D. Purification and characterization of glutathione-s-transferase from chicken erythrocyte. Artif Cells Blood Substit Immobil Biotechnol. 2009;37:92-100 pubmed publisher..71 mM. Optimum temperature of maximum GST activity was 28 degrees C for CDNB. The maximal activity of the enzyme was observed at pH 7.5. The activity of purified GST is inhibited by DDT, urea, CDNB, Triton X-100, DTNB. ..
- Das Bradoo S, Bielinsky A. Replication initiation point mapping: approach and implications. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;521:105-20 pubmed publisher..Here, we present a detailed step-by-step protocol for RIP mapping of replication origins in budding yeast. ..
- Feng J, Yu H, Li C, Xing R, Liu S, Wang L, et al. Isolation and characterization of lethal proteins in nematocyst venom of the jellyfish Cyanea nozakii Kishinouye. Toxicon. 2010;55:118-25 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the first evidence that C. nozakii produces lethal toxins. These characteristics highlight the need for the isolation and molecular characterization of new active toxins in C. nozakii...
- Costa Torres A, Dantas R, Toyama M, Diz Filho E, Zara F, Rodrigues de Queiroz M, et al. Antibacterial and antiparasitic effects of Bothrops marajoensis venom and its fractions: Phospholipase A2 and L-amino acid oxidase. Toxicon. 2010;55:795-804 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, whole venom as well as the l-amino acid oxidase from Bothrops marajoensis was able to inhibit the growth of several microorganisms, including S. aureus, Candida albicans, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Leishmania sp. ..
- Zeng R, Yu R, Li X, Wu Y, Qi H. [Technology optimization and properties study of factor IV complex concentrates]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2003;34:142-4 pubmed..This new concentrates retained all the useful components with higher purity and lower thrombogenicity. Conclusion Domestic ion exchanger could replace foreign ion exchanger in producing high quality factor IX complex concentrates. ..
- Perez L, Ribeiro H, Casal J, Pinto R, Sa Miranda M, Tutor J. Thermodynamic characterisation of the mutated isoenzyme A of beta-N-acetylhexosaminidase in GM2-gangliosidosis B1 variant. Clin Chim Acta. 1999;285:45-51 pubmed..1 kJ/mol). The determination of this thermodynamic variable of Hex in different biological specimens could allow for a straightforward biochemical characterisation of the GM2-gangliosidosis B1 variant...
- Jia Y, Kakuta Y, Sugawara M, Igarashi T, Oki N, Kisaki M, et al. Synthesis and degradation of 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid by Penicillium citrinum. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1999;63:542-9 pubmed..The enzyme had a Km for ACC of 4.8 mM and kcat of 3.52 s-1. The presence of 7 mM Cu2+ in alkaline buffer solution was effective for increasing the stability of the ACC deaminase in the process of purification. ..
- Sigdel T, Cilliers R, Gursahaney P, Crowder M. Fractionation of soluble proteins in Escherichia coli using DEAE-, SP-, and phenyl sepharose chromatographies. J Biomol Tech. 2004;15:199-207 pubmed..This work describes an easy, inexpensive way to fractionate the soluble proteins in E. coli and a way to better profile the E. coli proteome. ..
- Guo Y, Wang H, Ng T. Isolation of trichogin, an antifungal protein from fresh fruiting bodies of the edible mushroom Tricholoma giganteum. Peptides. 2005;26:575-80 pubmed..It exhibited antifungal activity against Fusarium oxysporum, Mycosphaerella arachidicola and Physalospora piricola. Trichogin inhibited HIV-1 reverse transcriptase with an IC50 of 83 nM. ..
- Cohen S, Agmon N, Yacobi K, Mislovati M, Segal D. Evidence for rolling circle replication of tandem genes in Drosophila. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:4519-26 pubmed..RCIs are detected throughout the life cycle of Drosophila and in cultured fly cells. These structures are found regardless of the expression of the replicated gene or of its chromosomal copy number. ..
- Lalezari P, Murphy G, Allen F. NB1, a new neutrophil-specific antigen involved in the pathogenesis of neonatal neutropenia. J Clin Invest. 1971;50:1108-15 pubmed..The NB locus is shown to be independent from those of HL-A and other known leukocyte antigens. No evidence for linkage between NA, NB, and red cell antigens was obtained. ..
- Fenton W, Hack A, Willard H, Gertler A, Rosenberg L. Purification and properties of methylmalonyl coenzyme A mutase from human liver. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1982;214:815-23 pubmed
- Cordenunsi B, Oliveira do Nascimento J, Vieira da Mota R, Lajolo F. Phosphoglucose isomerase from bananas: partial characterization and relation to main changes in carbohydrate composition during ripening. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2001;65:2174-80 pubmed..PGI activity and changes in carbohydrate composition suggests the existence of some control to fit the requirements of the intense carbon flow from starch to sucrose. ..
- Bermejo Román R, Alvárez Pez J, Acién Fernández F, Molina Grima E. Recovery of pure B-phycoerythrin from the microalga Porphyridium cruentum. J Biotechnol. 2002;93:73-85 pubmed..Finally, a preliminary cost analysis of the recovery process is presented. ..
- Hutchison K, Dittmar K, Czar M, Pratt W. Proof that hsp70 is required for assembly of the glucocorticoid receptor into a heterocomplex with hsp90. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:5043-9 pubmed..In addition to hsp70, other as yet unidentified factors in reticulocyte lysate are required for receptor heterocomplex assembly. ..
- Abramic M, Zubanović M, Vitale L. Dipeptidyl peptidase III from human erythrocytes. Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler. 1988;369:29-38 pubmed..A hydrophobic residue at P'1 was preferred. Among substrates were angiotensins and Leu-enkephalin. The enzyme showed particularly high affinity for angiotensin III. ..
- Daikoku T, Shibata S, Goshima F, Oshima S, Tsurumi T, Yamada H, et al. Purification and characterization of the protein kinase encoded by the UL13 gene of herpes simplex virus type 2. Virology. 1997;235:82-93 pubmed..We have also determined the complete nucleotide sequence of the HSV-2 UL13 gene. The overall amino acid homology between the HSV-2 and HSV-1 UL13 PKs was 85.9% and the homology was highly conserved in the C-terminal region. ..
- Solodovnikova A, Merkulova N, Perova A, Sedova V. [Subunits of human holoenzyme of DNA dependent RNA polymerase III phosphorylated in vivo]. Tsitologiia. 2005;47:1082-7 pubmed..The subunit with molecular mass 52 kDa is phosphorylated on serine/threonine residues and may be related to some basal transcription factors of RNA polymerase III. ..
- Thyer J, Unal A, Hartel G, Middleton D, Bingham J, Braun M, et al. Investigation of prion removal/inactivation from chromatographic gel. Vox Sang. 2006;91:301-8 pubmed..Spiked prion infectivity does bind to DEAE Sepharose gel; however, the cleaning cycle removed infectivity to levels below that detectable by bioassay. ..
- Frenkel G, Richardson C. The deoxyribonuclease induced after infection of Escherichia coli by bacteriophage T5. I. Characterization of the enzyme as a 5'-exonuclease. J Biol Chem. 1971;246:4839-47 pubmed
- Tavares N, Hasson Voloch A. Choline Acetyltransferase from the electric organ of Electrophorus electricus (L.)--physicochemical characterization and immunochemical identification. Z Naturforsch C. 1998;53:407-15 pubmed..Employing an antibody, the presence of ChAT was confirmed with the Western blotting technique. Isoelectrofocusing analysis demonstrated two isoforms with pI of 6,49 and 6,56, respectively...