Genomes and Genes
high pressure liquid chromatography
Summary: Liquid chromatographic techniques which feature high inlet pressures, high sensitivity, and high speed.
- Okamoto Y, Tazumi K, Sanada Y, Tsugane M, Uejima E. Light-induced deterioration test of carboplatin under clinical settings. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2010;130:1369-74 pubmed..2% at 2 hours and 78.6% at 4 hours. Thus carboplatin dosing solution should be completely shielded from light until infusion is completed. ..
- Fang L, Bykowski Jurkiewicz C, Sarver J, Erhardt P. Determination of esmolol and metabolite enantiomers within human plasma using chiral column chromatography. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2010;878:2449-52 pubmed publisher..5% for the esmolol metabolite enantiomers. These values should be suitable for performing thorough pharmacokinetic studies for all of the stereoisomers of this prototypical soft drug and its corresponding metabolite. ..
- Campos Giménez E, Trisconi M, Kilinc T, Andrieux P. Optimization and validation of an LC-fLD method for biotin in infant formula, infant cereals, cocoa-malt beverages, and clinical nutrition products. J AOAC Int. 2010;93:1494-502 pubmed..It can be used as a faster, more selective, and precise alternative to the classical microbiological determination, and is easily transferable among laboratories. ..
- Shalliker R, Stevenson P, Shock D, Mnatsakanyan M, Dasgupta P, Guiochon G. Application of power functions to chromatographic data for the enhancement of signal to noise ratios and separation resolution. J Chromatogr A. 2010;1217:5693-9 pubmed publisher..In this work power functions applied to chromatographic data are discussed in the context of (a) complex separation problems, (b) 2D-HPLC separations, and (c) post-column reaction detectors. ..
- Zhang Q, Yang G, Liu H, Yang J, Yan Y, Bai L. Preparation of a novel glycidyl methacrylate-based monolith and its application for the determination of m-nisoldipine in human plasma. J Chromatogr Sci. 2010;48:517-22 pubmed..The results indicate that the method could be used for monitoring of m-nisoldipine and enabled simple and rapid assay of the drugs in human plasma. ..
- Alvarado R, Tran D, Ching B, Phinney B. A comparative study of in-gel digestions using microwave and pressure-accelerated technologies. J Biomol Tech. 2010;21:148-55 pubmed..Several variables were tested for increased digestion efficiency and decreased keratin contamination. Statistical analysis was performed on replicate samples to determine significant differences between protocols...
- Gordon R, Cooperman T, Obermeyer W, Becker D. Marked variability of monacolin levels in commercial red yeast rice products: buyer beware!. Arch Intern Med. 2010;170:1722-7 pubmed publisher..Until this occurs, physicians should be cautious in recommending RYR to their patients for the treatment of hyperlipidemia and primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease. ..
- Cannazza G, Carrozzo M, Battisti U, Braghiroli D, Parenti C, Troisi A, et al. Determination of kinetic parameters of enantiomerization of benzothiadiazines by DCXplorer. Chirality. 2010;22:789-97 pubmed publisher..However, methylation on N(4) position increases the enantiomerization rates significantly. The results obtained have been employed to postulate an enantiomerization mechanism for chiral benzothiadiazine type compounds. ..
- Uchôa F, Palma E, Souza N, Lima M, Galdino S, Pitta I, et al. Development and validation of an HPLC/MS/MS method for determining the thiazolidinone PG15 in rat plasma. J AOAC Int. 2010;93:1215-21 pubmed....
- Kocsis A, Kekesi K, Szasz R, Végh B, Balczer J, Dobó J, et al. Selective inhibition of the lectin pathway of complement with phage display selected peptides against mannose-binding lectin-associated serine protease (MASP)-1 and -2: significant contribution of MASP-1 to lectin pathway activation. J Immunol. 2010;185:4169-78 pubmed publisher..Because the lectin pathway has been implicated in several life-threatening pathological states, these inhibitors should be considered as lead compounds toward developing lectin pathway blocking therapeutics. ..
- Sui Z, Li C, Huang G, Kwon Y, Kim K, Lee K, et al. Age-specific effects of 6-hydroxydopamine lesions of the rat medial prefrontal cortex on stress-induced c-fos expression in subcortical areas. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2010;34:1054-9 pubmed..Further research is warranted to investigate the mechanism of the age-specific effect of 6-OHDA lesions of the mPFC. ..
- Zhang S, Lin Y, Zhou H, Wei S, Lin G, Ye G. Antioxidant tannins from stem bark and fine root of Casuarina equisetifolia. Molecules. 2010;15:5658-70 pubmed publisher..equisetifolia showed very good DPPH radical scavenging activity and ferric reducing/ antioxidant power, suggesting that these extracts may be considered as new sources of natural antioxidants for food and nutraceutical products. ..
- Marsh D, Howell V. The use of denaturing high performance liquid chromatography (DHPLC) for mutation scanning of hereditary cancer genes. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;653:133-45 pubmed publisher..Omaha, NE, USA) and highlights the use of Navigator software (Transgenomic Inc.), including data analysis with scatter graphs. ..
- Tong C, Guo Y, Liu W. Simultaneous determination of five nitroaniline and dinitroaniline isomers in wastewaters by solid-phase extraction and high-performance liquid chromatography with ultraviolet detection. Chemosphere. 2010;81:430-5 pubmed publisher..5 x 10(-9)M for 4-nitroaniline and 2,4-dinitroaniline. The proposed method was applied to determine the five isomers in real samples of acidic wastewater and printing and dyeing wastewater. ..
- Koulich E, Roland P, Pawlowski K. Comparison of systemic and otic administration of ofloxacin. Laryngoscope. 2010;120:2083-8 pubmed publisher..The accumulation of ofloxacin in other tissues suggests applications designed to be ototopical may also result in systemic absorption. ..
- Javors M, Sanchez J, McMahon L. Quantification of rimonabant (SR 141716A) in monkey plasma using HPLC with UV detection. J Chromatogr Sci. 2010;48:491-5 pubmed..Rimonabant levels ranged from 175 to 1290 ng/mL. The analytical assay described here provides a simple and accurate procedure for multiple within-subject measurements of the CB(1) antagonist rimonabant. ..
- Zhang W, Huang Z. Synthesis of a 2-selenothymidine phosphoramidite and its incorporation into oligodeoxyribonucleotides. Curr Protoc Nucleic Acid Chem. 2010;Chapter 1:Unit 1.23. pubmed publisher..The coupling reaction yield of the 2-selenothymidine phosphoramidite during solid-phase synthesis is high (>95%), and the oligonucleotides containing the 2-selenothymidine derivatization are stable. ..
- Zhang Z, Zhang Y, Tan W, Li G, Hu Y. Preparation of styrene-co-4-vinylpyridine magnetic polymer beads by microwave irradiation for analysis of trace 24-epibrassinolide in plant samples using high performance liquid chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 2010;1217:6455-61 pubmed publisher....
- Roman J, Malesuik M, Jablonski A, Steppe M. Stability indicating method for sodium montelukast in pharmaceutical preparations by micellar electrokinetic capillary chromatography. Pharmazie. 2010;65:645-9 pubmed..67% (RSD = 1.11%). The limits of detection and quantitation were 0.75 and 2.00 microg mL(-1) respectively. The method demonstrated robustness and showed to be viable for the sodium montelukast determination in pharmaceutical dosage form. ..
- Kalogria E, Koupparis M, Panderi I. A porous graphitized carbon column HPLC method for the quantification of paracetamol, pseudoephedrine, and chlorpheniramine in a pharmaceutical formulation. J AOAC Int. 2010;93:1093-101 pubmed..9%. Accelerated stability studies performed under various stress conditions proved the selectivity of the method. The developed method was applied successfully to QC and content uniformity tests of commercial tablets. ..
- Upton R, Somogyi A, Martinez A, Colvill J, Grant C. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the short-acting sedative CNS 7056 in sheep. Br J Anaesth. 2010;105:798-809 pubmed publisher..The t(1/2,)(k)(e0) for sedation was 1.78 min, and the EC(50) was 0.10 µg ml(-1). CNS 7056 has PK-PD properties compatible with its potential human use as a short-acting i.v. sedative. ..
- Wang S, Sun B, Yue D, Jing L, He R, Ren T, et al. Surface modification induced shielding effects on electron orbital coupling in metallofullerene. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2010;10:8625-31 pubmed....
- Smoum R, Bar A, Tan B, Milman G, Attar Namdar M, Ofek O, et al. Oleoyl serine, an endogenous N-acyl amide, modulates bone remodeling and mass. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17710-5 pubmed publisher..It represents a lead to antiosteoporotic drug discovery, advantageous to currently available therapies, which are essentially either proformative or antiresorptive. ..
- Davis L, Kumar N, Nijm L, Ulanski L, Tu E, Fiscella R, et al. An adaptable HPLC method for the analysis of frequently used antibiotics in ocular samples. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2010;878:2421-6 pubmed publisher..With minor modifications, the method was optimized for each of the agents, and the resulting analytical sensitivity made the method suitable for clinical investigations of the ocular penetration of these drugs. ..
- Mnatsakanyan M, Stevenson P, Shock D, Conlan X, Goodie T, Spencer K, et al. The assessment of pi-pi selective stationary phases for two-dimensional HPLC analysis of foods: application to the analysis of coffee. Talanta. 2010;82:1349-57 pubmed publisher..The results illustrate that because of the complexity of the 'real' sample obtaining a truly orthogonal two-dimensional system for complex samples of natural origin may be practically impossible. ..
- Kim J, Jung H, Choi J, Min B, Lee N. Comparative analysis of the anti-inflammatory activity of Huang-lian extracts in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW264.7 murine macrophage-like cells using oligonucleotide microarrays. Arch Pharm Res. 2010;33:1149-57 pubmed publisher..These data also suggest that gene expression profiles may serve as a good indicator for the pharmacological activities of medicinal plants arising from diverse origins. ..
- Rać M, Suchy J, Kurzawski G, Safranow K, Jakubowska K, Olszewska M, et al. Analysis of human CD36 gene sequence alterations in the oxidized low-density lipoprotein-binding region using denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2010;14:551-7 pubmed publisher..DHPLC is a specific and cost-effective technique that may prove to be particularly useful for the identification of polymorphisms and mutations in the CD36 gene. ..
- Hsuchou H, Kastin A, Tu H, Joan Abbott N, Couraud P, Pan W. Role of astrocytic leptin receptor subtypes on leptin permeation across hCMEC/D3 human brain endothelial cells. J Neurochem. 2010;115:1288-98 pubmed publisher....
- Ide T. Enzymatic-HPLC method to analyze D-3-hydroxybutyric acid in rat serum. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:1578-82 pubmed..This method can be easily conducted in many laboratories because it is highly sensitive and only requires HPLC apparatus equipped with a UV meter. ..
- Pertry I, Václavíková K, Gemrotová M, Spíchal L, Galuszka P, Depuydt S, et al. Rhodococcus fascians impacts plant development through the dynamic fas-mediated production of a cytokinin mix. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2010;23:1164-74 pubmed publisher....
- Laursen K, Frederiksen S, Leuenhagen C, Bro R. Chemometric quality control of chromatographic purity. J Chromatogr A. 2010;1217:6503-10 pubmed publisher..The procedure described in this study can be implemented and operated as the HPLC analysis runs according to the process analytical technology (PAT) concept aiming for real-time release. ..
- Varghese S, Ravi T. Determination of rosuvastatin and ezetimibe in a combined tablet dosage form using high-performance column liquid chromatography and high-performance thin-layer chromatography. J AOAC Int. 2010;93:1222-7 pubmed..No chromatographic interference from the tablet excipients was found. These methods are simple, precise, and sensitive, and are applicable for simultaneous determination of ROS and EZE in pure powder and tablets. ..
- Huang L, Lu X, Gough P, De Felippis M. Identification of racemization sites using deuterium labeling and tandem mass spectrometry. Anal Chem. 2010;82:6363-9 pubmed publisher..Although the IgG subclasses have very similar primary protein sequences, our results interestingly indicated different racemization rates for specific amino acid residues. ..
- Regos I, Treutter D. Optimization of a high-performance liquid chromatography method for the analysis of complex polyphenol mixtures and application for sainfoin extracts (Onobrychis viciifolia). J Chromatogr A. 2010;1217:6169-77 pubmed publisher..viciifolia). ..
- Xu H, Park N, Li X, Kim Y, Lee S, Park S. Molecular cloning and characterization of phenylalanine ammonia-lyase, cinnamate 4-hydroxylase and genes involved in flavone biosynthesis in Scutellaria baicalensis. Bioresour Technol. 2010;101:9715-22 pubmed publisher..baicalensis. Cumulatively, the results of this study should advance ability to biosynthesize important and useful medicinal compounds from a variety of plant species...
- Briel D, Rudolph I, Unverferth K, Mann S. Synthesis of disubstituted 1,4-diazepines with affinity to GABAA-receptor subtypes. Pharmazie. 2010;65:641-4 pubmed..Compounds 4b and 5 were investigated concerning their affinity to different benzodiazepine receptor subtypes. The determined IC50 values for 5 are 1.5 microM and 1.1 microM at 10 microM respectively. ..
- Sarrats A, Saldova R, Comet J, O Donoghue N, de Llorens R, Rudd P, et al. Glycan characterization of PSA 2-DE subforms from serum and seminal plasma. OMICS. 2010;14:465-74 pubmed publisher..These N-glycan changes in PCa PSA subforms highlight the importance of glycosylation as an indicator of PCa disease. ..
- Gupta H, Aqil M, Khar R, Ali A, Chander P. A single reversed-phase UPLC method for quantification of levofloxacin in aqueous humour and pharmaceutical dosage forms. J Chromatogr Sci. 2010;48:484-90 pubmed..The developed method was then successfully applied for the ocular pharmacokinetic study of levofloxacin eye formulations and assay of levofloxacin pharmaceutical dosage form. ..
- Jiang H, Liu N. Self-assembled beta-lactoglobulin-conjugated linoleic acid complex for colon cancer-targeted substance. J Dairy Sci. 2010;93:3931-9 pubmed publisher..The study revealed that bovine beta-LG as a carrier binding with CLA can potentially be used for colon cancer therapy. ..
- Im A, Park Y, Kim Y. Isolation and characterization of chondroitin sulfates from sturgeon (Acipenser sinensis) and their effects on growth of fibroblasts. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33:1268-73 pubmed..Our results showed that both CSs are able to increase cell adhesion, induce proliferation and migration on fibroblasts and may accelerate wound healing by inducing MAPK signaling pathways. ..
- Baloch I, Baloch M. Isolation and characterization of cytotoxic compounds from Euphorbia cornigera Boiss. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2010;12:985-91 pubmed publisher..Compound 1 displayed IC(50) as 5.0 and 2.9 μM against RAW and HT-29 cell lines, respectively, which is 5- and 1.5-folds stronger than the control with IC(50) values of 25 and 4.36 μM, respectively. ..
- Ebuehi O, Okorie N. Phytochemical screening and quantification of flavonoids from leaf extract of Jatropha curcas Linn. Nig Q J Hosp Med. 2009;19:200-5 pubmed..In addition, a combination of TLC, IRS and HPLC can be used to analyse and quantify the flavonoids present in the leaves of Jatropha curcas L. ..
- Jandera P, Krupczynska K, Vynuchalová K, Buszewski B. Combined effects of mobile phase composition and temperature on the retention of homologous and polar test compounds on polydentate C8 column. J Chromatogr A. 2010;1217:6052-60 pubmed publisher....
- Guillard E, Jaisson S, Gillery P. [Importance of the characteristics of the chromatographic separation in HPLC for the interpretation of HbA1c assay in the presence of a variant hemoglobin]. Ann Biol Clin (Paris). 2010;68:598-602 pubmed publisherThe methods of HbA1c assay using ion exchange high pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC) allow the detection of the most common hemoglobin variants...
- Djukovic D, Baniasadi H, Kc R, Hammoud Z, Raftery D. Targeted serum metabolite profiling of nucleosides in esophageal adenocarcinoma. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2010;24:3057-62 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that nucleosides could potentially serve as useful biomarkers to identify esophageal adenocarcinoma. ..
- Barile D, Marotta M, Chu C, Mehra R, Grimm R, Lebrilla C, et al. Neutral and acidic oligosaccharides in Holstein-Friesian colostrum during the first 3 days of lactation measured by high performance liquid chromatography on a microfluidic chip and time-of-flight mass spectrometry. J Dairy Sci. 2010;93:3940-9 pubmed publisher..This investigation revealed that colostrum milk from Holstein-Friesian cows is a rich source of neutral and acidic OS for the food and pharmaceutical industries...
- Dailey R, Siemion R, Raisbeck M, Jesse C. Analysis of salazinic, norstictic, and usnic acids in Xanthoparmelia chlorochroa by ultra-performance liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry. J AOAC Int. 2010;93:1137-42 pubmed..The precision of the method was confirmed by an SD below 0.4% (n=9) for triplicate samples. LOD values were 200, 100, and 50 ng/mL for salazinic, norstictic, and usnic acids, respectively. ..
- Zanchetta G, Giavazzi F, Nakata M, Buscaglia M, Cerbino R, Clark N, et al. Right-handed double-helix ultrashort DNA yields chiral nematic phases with both right- and left-handed director twist. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17497-502 pubmed publisher....
- Yao Z, Lu Y, Du S, Chen X, Wang Y. [Study on pharmacokinetics of jasminoidin in rabbits administered xingnaojing naristillae by nasal medication]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:1871-3 pubmed..447 +/- 19.420) min. The method can be used to determine the concentration and to investigate the pharmacokinetics of jasminoidin in rabbits. Jasminoidin was absorbed rapidly by nasal medication and has a good perspective. ..
- Walash M, Metwally M, Eid M, El Shaheny R. Development and validation of a micellar high-performance liquid chromatographic method for determination of risedronate in raw material and in a pharmaceutical formulation: application to stability studies. J AOAC Int. 2010;93:1228-35 pubmed..30%, respectively. The stability-indicating capability of the proposed method was proved using forced degradation. By changing the pH of the mobile phase to 4.0, the oxidative degradation product could be separated from risedronate. ..
- Dotsikas Y, Apostolou C, Soumelas S, Kolocouri F, Ziaka A, Kousoulos C, et al. Validation of a novel, fully automated high throughput high-performance liquid chromatographic/tandem mass Spectrometric method for quantification of pantoprazole in human plasma. J AOAC Int. 2010;93:1129-36 pubmed..The method was applied to a bioequivalence study after per os administration of a 40 mg pantoprazole gastric retentive tablet. ..
- Bellac C, Coimbra R, Christen S, Leib S. Inhibition of the kynurenine-NAD+ pathway leads to energy failure and exacerbates apoptosis in pneumococcal meningitis. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2010;69:1096-104 pubmed publisher....
- Dixit S, Khanna S, Das M. Simultaneous determination of eight synthetic permitted and five commonly encountered nonpermitted food colors in various food matrixes by high-performance liquid chromatography. J AOAC Int. 2010;93:1503-14 pubmed..Two nonpermitted colors, orange II and metanil yellow, were found. Also, a number of samples contained permitted colors at levels two- to seven-fold higher than those prescribed. ..
- Mulugeta M, Wibetoe G, Engelsen C, Lund W. Optimization of an anion-exchange high performance liquid chromatography-inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometric method for the speciation analysis of oxyanion-forming metals and metalloids in leachates from cement-based materials. J Chromatogr A. 2010;1217:6186-94 pubmed publisher..The method was used to determine the target oxyanionic species in leachates generated from a concrete material in the pH range 3.5-12.4; CrO(4)(2-), MoO(4)(2-) and VO(4)(3-) were detected in most of the leachates...
- Oro N, Lucy C. Comparison of hypercrosslinked polystyrene columns for the separation of nitrogen group-types in petroleum using High Performance Liquid Chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 2010;1217:6178-85 pubmed publisher..The silica particle column derived with toluene (HC-Tol) was found to have the best selectivity for nitrogen group-types and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), attaining a separation under gradient conditions in less than 30 min. ..
- Carputo D, Savarese S, Andolfi A, Aversano R, Cimmino A, Frusciante L, et al. Glycoalkaloid profile in potato haploids derived from solanum tuberosum-S. bulbocastanum somatic hybrids. Chem Biodivers. 2010;7:1885-92 pubmed publisher..The nature of the newly formed GAs will be further investigated, because they may represent new metabolites that can be used against pest and diseases, or are useful for human health. ..
- Neffling M, Spoof L, Quilliam M, Meriluoto J. LC-ESI-Q-TOF-MS for faster and accurate determination of microcystins and nodularins in serum. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2010;878:2433-41 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a LC-ESI-Q-TOF-MS instrumentation is a powerful tool for identification and quantitation of cyanobacterial peptide toxins in a biological matrix. ..
- Fang M, Langman B, Palmer D. A stable analog of isochorismate for the study of MenD and other isochorismate-utilizing enzymes. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2010;20:5019-22 pubmed publisher..This analog will be useful in the study of any isochorismate-utilizing enzyme. ..
- Jun D, Stodulka P, Kuca K, Dolezal B. High-performance liquid chromatography analysis of by-products and intermediates arising during the synthesis of the acetylcholinesterase reactivator HI-6. J Chromatogr Sci. 2010;48:694-6 pubmed..An HPLC method for quaternary compounds without using common ion-pairing reagents was developed, too. ..
- Fernandez Orozco R, Li L, Harflett C, Shewry P, Ward J. Effects of environment and genotype on phenolic acids in wheat in the HEALTHGRAIN diversity screen. J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:9341-52 pubmed publisher....
- Heien M, Piehowski P, Winograd N, Ewing A. Lipid detection, identification, and imaging single cells with SIMS. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;656:85-97 pubmed publisher..SIMS spectra yield information regarding lipid identity and concentration across cell surface. ..
- Ma C, Bi K, Su D, Ji W, Zhang M, Fan X, et al. Serum and kidney metabolic changes of rat nephrotoxicity induced by Morning Glory Seed. Food Chem Toxicol. 2010;48:2988-93 pubmed publisher..We believe that metabonomic approach is helpful to further understanding and clinical diagnosis of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) induced nephrotoxicity. ..