solid phase extraction
Summary: An extraction method that separates analytes using a solid phase and a liquid phase. It is used for preparative sample cleanup before analysis by CHROMATOGRAPHY and other analytical methods.
- MÄ™czykowska H, Kobylis P, Stepnowski P, Caban M. Ionic liquids for the passive sampling of sulfonamides from water-applicability and selectivity study. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2017;409:3951-3958 pubmed publisher..Once again, selectivity was observed in passive sampling using [P666-14][N(CN)2]. Therefore, PASSIL is seen as a very promising method for pharmaceutical monitoring in water. ..
- Senta I, Krizman Matasic I, Terzic S, Ahel M. Comprehensive determination of macrolide antibiotics, their synthesis intermediates and transformation products in wastewater effluents and ambient waters by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1509:60-68 pubmed publisher..The results revealed a significant contribution of synthesis intermediates and transformation products to the overall mass balance of macrolides in the aquatic environment. ..
- Soares K, Cerqueira M, Caldas S, Primel E. Evaluation of alternative environmentally friendly matrix solid phase dispersion solid supports for the simultaneous extraction of 15 pesticides of different chemical classes from drinking water treatment sludge. Chemosphere. 2017;182:547-554 pubmed publisher..It has advantages, such as speed, simplicity and low cost material, over other methods. When the method was applied, 4 out of 15 pesticides were detected in the DWTS samples in concentrations below the LOQ. ..
- Ji W, Wang T, Liu W, Liu F, Guo L, Geng Y, et al. Water-compatible micron-sized monodisperse molecularly imprinted beads for selective extraction of five iridoid glycosides from Cornus officinalis fructus. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1504:1-8 pubmed publisher..determination of five iridoid glycosides (IGs) in Cornus officinalis fructus using molecularly imprinted solid phase extraction (MISPE) coupled with high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) has been developed...
- Aparicio I, Martin J, Santos J, Malvar J, Alonso E. Stir bar sorptive extraction and liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry determination of polar and non-polar emerging and priority pollutants in environmental waters. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1500:43-52 pubmed publisher..Accuracy, expressed as relative recovery values, was in the range from 61 to 130%. The method was applied for the determination of the 48 target compounds in surface and tap water samples. ..
- LING J, Yu Y, Feng J, Xu C, Jiang J, Wang L, et al. Restricted access magnetic core-mesoporous shell microspheres with C8-modified interior pore walls for the identification of 20(S)-protopanaxadiol metabolites in rat plasma using UPLC-Q-TOF-MS/MS. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1054:73-79 pubmed publisher..present method was compared with two conventional sample preparation methods: protein precipitation and C8 solid phase extraction (C8-SPE). Our method provided higher UPLC intensity of result than protein precipitation method...
- Huang S, Gan N, Liu H, Zhou Y, Chen Y, Cao Y. Simultaneous and specific enrichment of several amphenicol antibiotics residues in food based on novel aptamer functionalized magnetic adsorbents using HPLC-DAD. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1060:247-254 pubmed publisher..a novel aptamer functionalized magnetic adsorbent was developed and combined with magnetic dispersive solid phase extraction (MDSPE) for selective enrichment of several amphenicol antibiotics residues (chloramphenicol(CAP), ..
- Pashaei Y, Ghorbani Bidkorbeh F, Shekarchi M. Superparamagnetic graphene oxide-based dispersive-solid phase extraction for preconcentration and determination of tamsulosin hydrochloride in human plasma by high performance liquid chromatography-ultraviolet detection. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1499:21-29 pubmed publisher..impregnation method (MGOmi) and their application as a sorbent in the magnetic-dispersive solid phase extraction (M-dSPE) mode to the preconcentration and determination of tamsulosin hydrochloride (TMS) in human plasma ..
- Fernández Peralbo M, Priego Capote F, Galache Osuna J, Luque de Castro M. Targeted analysis of omega-6-derived eicosanoids in human serum by SPE-LC-MS/MS for evaluation of coronary artery disease. Electrophoresis. 2013;34:2901-9 pubmed
- Górka B, Wieczorek P. Simultaneous determination of nine phytohormones in seaweed and algae extracts by HPLC-PDA. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1057:32-39 pubmed publisher..The differences in the hormones levels may occur due to the different scale of extract preparation (laboratory or industrial) and other factors like the place of algae collection, year of collection or the way of biomass preparation. ..
- Makarov S, Bodner M, Reineke D, Vujisić L, Todosijević M, Antić D, et al. Chemical Ecology of Cave-Dwelling Millipedes: Defensive Secretions of the Typhloiulini (Diplopoda, Julida, Julidae). J Chem Ecol. 2017;43:317-326 pubmed publisher..Ethyl-benzoquinones are proposed as novel and valuable chemical characters for julid systematics. ..
- Sun G, Liu Y, Ahat H, Shen A, Liang X, Xue X, et al. "Two-dimensional" molecularly imprinted solid-phase extraction coupled with crystallization and high performance liquid chromatography for fast semi-preparative purification of tannins from pomegranate husk extract. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1505:35-42 pubmed publisher..8%. All above indicated that 2D-MIP-SPE was highly efficient in natural product purification. The concept of "functional complementation" was expected to be a useful tool in the construction of 2D-MIP-SPE. ..
- Wang L, Shangguan Y, Hou X, Jia Y, Liu S, Sun Y, et al. Zinc oxide crystal whiskers as a novel sorbent for solid-phase extraction of flavonoids. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1060:91-96 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the zinc oxide crystal whiskers showed good stability and could be reused more than 50 times under the operation conditions. This work proves that the zinc oxide crystal whiskers are a good candidate for flavonoids enrichment. ..
- Archana G, Dhodapkar R, Kumar A. Ecotoxicological risk assessment and seasonal variation of some pharmaceuticals and personal care products in the sewage treatment plant and surface water bodies (lakes). Environ Monit Assess. 2017;189:446 pubmed publisher..Ecotoxicological risk assessment was done to appraise the degree of toxicity of the targeted compounds. Hazard quotient (HQ) values were found to be < 1 indicating no adverse effect on the targeted organism. ..
- Ozer E, Osman B, Yazıcı T. Dummy molecularly imprinted microbeads as solid-phase extraction material for selective determination of phthalate esters in water. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1500:53-60 pubmed publisher..was to investigate the usability of newly synthesized dummy molecularly imprinted microbeads (DMIMs) as a solid phase extraction (SPE) material to determine six phthalate esters (PEs) in water by GC-MS analysis...
- Lehmann S, Kieliba T, Beike J, Thevis M, Mercer Chalmers Bender K. Determination of 74 new psychoactive substances in serum using automated in-line solid-phase extraction-liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1064:124-138 pubmed publisher..The method was subsequently successfully applied to 28 specimens from routine forensic case work, of which 7 samples were determined to be positive for NPS consumption. ..
- Zhang R, Su D, Hou F, Liu L, Huang F, Dong L, et al. Optimized ultra-high-pressure-assisted extraction of procyanidins from lychee pericarp improves the antioxidant activity of extracts. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2017;81:1576-1585 pubmed publisher..This UHP-assisted extraction process is thus a practical method for the extraction of procyanidins from lychee pericarp. ..
- Li X, Liu L, Wang H, Chen J, Zhu B, Chen H, et al. Simultaneous analysis of six aldehyde-DNA adducts in salivary DNA of nonsmokers and smokers using stable isotope dilution liquid chromatography electrospray ionization-tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1060:451-459 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a rapid and selective method to simultaneously detect six aldehyde-DNA adducts and to assess potential DNA damage induced by aldehydes. ..
- Franquet Griell H, Pueyo V, Silva J, Orera V, Lacorte S. Development of a macroporous ceramic passive sampler for the monitoring of cytostatic drugs in water. Chemosphere. 2017;182:681-690 pubmed publisher..waters of a WWTP for a period of 6 d and results were compared to grab sampling and extraction with Solid Phase Extraction (SPE). In influent waters, MCPS were clogged due to the high amount of suspended solids in these waters...
- Wang H, Liu Y, Yao S, Zhu P. Selective recognization of dicyandiamide in bovine milk by mesoporous silica SBA-15 supported dicyandiamide imprinted polymer based on surface molecularly imprinting technique. Food Chem. 2018;240:1262-1267 pubmed publisher..08?g/mL (bovine milk) and 0.10?g/mL (milk powder). These results indicated that SBA-15@MIP could be used as an efficient SPE adsorbent for enrichment of DCD in bovine milk and milk powder. ..
- Tang X, Li F, Jia J, Yang C, Liu W, Jin B, et al. Synthesis of magnetic molecularly imprinted polymers with excellent biocompatibility for the selective separation and inhibition of testosterone in prostate cancer cells. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:2979-2993 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the MMIPs can freely enter prostate cancer cells and block the activation of testosterone-AR pathway. Thus, the MMIPs may be a new option for antiandrogen therapy in prostate cancer. ..
- Chen G, Jin M, Du P, Zhang C, Cui X, Zhang Y, et al. A sensitive chemiluminescence enzyme immunoassay based on molecularly imprinted polymers solid-phase extraction of parathion. Anal Biochem. 2017;530:87-93 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the CLEIA method have successfully applied MIPs in sample pretreatment to eliminate matrix interference effects and provided a new sensitive assay for agro-products. ..
- Fontana A, Rodríguez I, Cela R. Accurate determination of 3-alkyl-2-methoxypyrazines in wines by gas chromatography quadrupole time-of-flight tandem mass spectrometry following solid-phase extraction and dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1515:30-36 pubmed publisher..The 2-isobutyl-3-methoxypyrazine (IBMP) was determined at levels above the LOQs of the method in half of the samples. ..
- Barua S, Rahman I, Alam I, Miyaguchi M, Sawai H, Maki T, et al. Liquid electrode plasma-optical emission spectrometry combined with solid-phase preconcentration for on-site analysis of lead. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1060:190-199 pubmed publisher..The application of the method is rapid (?5min, without preconcentration) with a reliable detection limit at trace levels. ..
- Hamidi F, Hadjmohammadi M, Aghaie A. Ultrasound-assisted dispersive magnetic solid phase extraction based on amino-functionalized Fe3O4 adsorbent for recovery of clomipramine from human plasma and its determination by high performance liquid chromatography: Optimization by experimental . J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1063:18-24 pubmed publisher..and determination of clomipramine (CLP) in plasma sample by ultrasound-assisted dispersive magnetic solid phase extraction (UADM-SPE) and high-performance liquid chromatography-ultraviolet (HPLC-UV) detection...
- Ensminger M, Vasquez M, Tsai H, Mohammed S, Van Scoy A, Goodell K, et al. Continuous low-level aquatic monitoring (CLAM) samplers for pesticide contaminant screening in urban runoff: Analytical approach and a field test case. Chemosphere. 2017;184:1028-1035 pubmed publisher..Solutions) continually extract and concentrate organic contaminants in surface water onto a solid phase extraction disk...
- Zheng S, Wang Y, Liu P, Zhang Z, Yu L, Yuan B, et al. Stable isotope labeling-solid phase extraction-mass spectrometry analysis for profiling of thiols and aldehydes in beer. Food Chem. 2017;237:399-407 pubmed publisher..we developed a strategy for profiling of thiols and aldehydes in beer samples by stable isotope labeling-solid phase extraction-liquid chromatography-double precursor ion scan/double neutral loss scan-mass spectrometry analysis (SIL-..
- Haque F, Banayan S, Yee J, Chiang Y. Extraction and applications of cyanotoxins and other cyanobacterial secondary metabolites. Chemosphere. 2017;183:164-175 pubmed publisher..It becomes evident that the potential for their use as biocides, chelators, biofuels, biofertilizers, pharmaceuticals, food and feed, and cosmetics has not yet been comprehensively studied or extensively implemented. ..
- da Silva A, de Oliveira H, Silva C, Fonseca M, Pereira T, Nascimento C, et al. Efficient molecularly imprinted polymer as a pipette-tip solid-phase sorbent for determination of carvedilol enantiomers in human urine. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1061-1062:399-410 pubmed publisher..99 for both enantiomers. The method was applied successfully in a preliminary study of urinary excretion after administration of CAR racemate to a healthy volunteer. ..
- Kazemi E, Dadfarnia S, Haji Shabani A, Ranjbar M. Synthesis, characterization, and application of a Zn (II)-imprinted polymer grafted on graphene oxide/magnetic chitosan nanocomposite for selective extraction of zinc ions from different food samples. Food Chem. 2017;237:921-928 pubmed publisher..spectrometry (FTIR) and scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and applied as a sorbent for selective magnetic solid phase extraction of zinc followed by its determination by flame atomic absorption spectrometry...
- Ghoraba Z, Aibaghi B, Soleymanpour A. Application of cation-modified sulfur nanoparticles as an efficient sorbent for separation and preconcentration of carbamazepine in biological and pharmaceutical samples prior to its determination by high-performance liquid chromatography. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1063:245-252 pubmed publisherA simple and rapid solid phase extraction procedure using a mini-column packed with modified sulfur nanoparticles as a new, efficient and reusable sorbent has been developed for the preconcentration of carbamazepine prior to its ..
- Li H, Ai L, Fan S, Wang Y, Sun D. Rapid determination of 18 glucocorticoids in serum using reusable on-line SPE polymeric monolithic column coupled with LC-quadrupole/orbitrap high-resolution mass spectrometer. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1065-1066:79-86 pubmed publisher..The method was used to analyze the dynamic contents variation of cortisone and hydrocortisone in serum before and after the surgery. ..
- Wu Z, Li L, Li N, Zhang T, Pu Y, Zhang X, et al. Optimization of Ultrasonic-assisted Extraction of Fatty Acids in Seeds of Brucea Javanica (L.) Merr. from Different Sources and Simultaneous Analysis Using High-Performance Liquid Chromatography with Charged Aerosol Detection. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..991. HPLC analysis represents a specialized and rational approach for the quality identification and comprehensive evaluation of B. javanica (L.) Merr. seed oils. ..
- Corazza G, Merib J, Magosso H, Bittencourt O, Carasek E. A hybrid material as a sorbent phase for the disposable pipette extraction technique enhances efficiency in the determination of phenolic endocrine-disrupting compounds. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1513:42-50 pubmed publisher..Based on these satisfactory results, this sorbent phase represents a valuable alternative for the extraction of compounds with polar moieties in their structure. ..
- Ao J, Yuan T, Ma Y, Gao L, Ni N, Li D. Identification, characteristics and human exposure assessments of triclosan, bisphenol-A, and four commonly used organic UV filters in indoor dust collected from Shanghai, China. Chemosphere. 2017;184:575-583 pubmed publisher..85 to 6.18 ng kg-1 -bw day-1 and 0.07-0.49 ng kg-1 -bw day-1 for adults, respectively. This is the first study to report the doses of human exposure to UV filters in China. ..
- Wen Y, Zhang J, Li Y, Chen L, Zhao W, Zhou J, et al. Characterization of Chinese Unifloral Honeys Based on Proline and Phenolic Content as Markers of Botanical Origin, Using Multivariate Analysis. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..The results indicated that phenolic compounds and proline were useful for the identification of the floral origin of the four type honeys. ..
- Matsumoto A, Shimanoe C, Tanaka K, Ichiba M, Hara M. Development of suitable method for large-scale urinary glucocorticoid analysis by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1057:62-69 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, an analytical method for urinary glucocorticoids was established, which is fast, sensitive, and well suited for practical application to large-scale study. ..
- Van Toi P, Pouplin T, Tho N, Phuong P, Chau T, Thuong Thuong N, et al. High-performance liquid chromatography with time-programmed fluorescence detection for the quantification of Levofloxacin in human plasma and cerebrospinal fluid in adults with tuberculous meningitis. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1061-1062:256-262 pubmed publisher..After solid phase extraction process using Evolute® ABN 96 fixed well plate; levofloxacin and internal standard-enoxacin ..
- Moldovan R, Bodoki E, Servais A, Crommen J, Oprean R, Fillet M. (+) or (-)-1-(9-fluorenyl)ethyl chloroformate as chiral derivatizing agent: A review. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1513:1-17 pubmed publisher..This comprehensive review aims to present all the significant aspects related to the state of the art in FLEC labeling and subsequent chiral separation of the resulting diastereomers using LC, SFC and CE techniques. ..
- Song Y, Li N, Zhang H, Wang G, Liu J, Liu J, et al. Dummy template molecularly imprinted polymer for solid phase extraction of phenothiazines in meat based on computational simulation. Food Chem. 2017;233:422-428 pubmed publisher..Then a solid phase extraction column was developed for extraction of the four phenothiazines in meat (pork, chicken) followed by ..
- Ares A, Valverde S, Bernal J, Toribio L, Nozal M, Bernal J. Determination of flubendiamide in honey at trace levels by using solid phase extraction and liquid chromatography coupled to quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Food Chem. 2017;232:169-176 pubmed publisher..An efficient sample treatment involving a solid phase extraction with a C18 sorbent was proposed (average analyte recoveries were between 94 and 104%)...
- Wang Z, Wang H, Hu P, Jiang J, Zhao Q. A UPLC-MS/MS method for quantification of 5?-androst-3?,5,6?-triol in human plasma: development, validation and its application in clinical pharmacokinetic study. Bioanalysis. 2017;9:873-885 pubmed publisher..A simple method was successfully validated over a concentration range of 2.00-500 ng/ml for 5?-androst-3?,5,6?-triol and applied to investigate its plasma pharmacokinetic profiles in healthy Chinese subjects. ..
- Zhao F, Wang S, She Y, Zhang C, Zheng L, Jin M, et al. Subcritical water extraction combined with molecular imprinting technology for sample preparation in the detection of triazine herbicides. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1515:17-22 pubmed publisher..7-9.8%), and low enough detection limits (0.4-3.3?gkg-1). This combination of SWE and MIP technology is a simple, effective and promising method to selectively extract class-specific compounds in complex samples. ..
- Sethi S, Chen X, Kass P, Puschner B. Polychlorinated biphenyl and polybrominated diphenyl ether profiles in serum from cattle, sheep, and goats across California. Chemosphere. 2017;181:63-73 pubmed publisher..Congeners were extracted from serum using solid phase extraction (SPE), cleaned up by silica cartridge and quantified using gas chromatography-triple quadruple mass ..
- Li C, Zhang Z, Liu X, Shen K, Gu P, Kang X. Simultaneous quantification of cortisol and cortisone in urines from infants with packed-fiber solid-phase extraction coupled to HPLC-MS/MS. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1061-1062:163-168 pubmed publisher..8±4.6% for cortisol and 98.9±4.4% for cortisone. The established method is simple and efficient for the quantification of urinary cortisol and cortisone and for indirectly assessing the activity of 11?-hydroxy steroid dehydrogenase. ..
- Qiang Y, Wang W, Dhodary B, Yang J. Zeolitic imidazolate framework 8 (ZIF-8) reinforced macroporous resin D101 for selective solid-phase extraction of 1-naphthol and 2-naphthol from phenol compounds. Electrophoresis. 2017;38:1685-1692 pubmed publisher..2-106.9%. This study indicated that D101@ZIF-8 (where ZIF is zeolitic imidazolate framework) is a promising selective adsorbent for the analysis of 1-naphthol and 2-naphthol in urine samples. ..
- Azimi S, Es haghi Z. A Magnetized Nanoparticle Based Solid-Phase Extraction Procedure Followed by Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectrometry to Determine Arsenic, Lead and Cadmium in Water, Milk, Indian Rice and Red Tea. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2017;98:830-836 pubmed publisher..The experimental data was analyzed and obeyed Langmuir and Freundlich adsorption models. The kinetic data was fitted to the pseudo-second-order model. Thermodynamic studies revealed the feasibility and exothermic nature of the system. ..
- Zhang W, Lin M, Wang M, Tong P, Lu Q, Zhang L. Magnetic porous ?-cyclodextrin polymer for magnetic solid-phase extraction of microcystins from environmental water samples. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1503:1-11 pubmed publisher..Typical water samples were analyzed by the developed method, and trace levels of MC-LR and MC-RR were detected. The results demonstrate that the developed method has great potential for the determination of MCs in complicated matrix. ..
- Fotouhi M, Seidi S, Shanehsaz M, Naseri M. Magnetically assisted matrix solid phase dispersion for extraction of parabens from breast milks. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1504:17-26 pubmed publisherIn the present work, magnetically assisted matrix solid phase dispersion (MA-MSPD) was used as an efficient solid phase extraction method...
- Madikizela L, Chimuka L. Occurrence of naproxen, ibuprofen, and diclofenac residues in wastewater and river water of KwaZulu-Natal Province in South Africa. Environ Monit Assess. 2017;189:348 pubmed publisher..The analytical method employed in this work is fast, selective, sensitive, and affordable; therefore, it can be used routinely to evaluate the occurrence of acidic pharmaceuticals in South African water resources. ..
- Yari A, Rashnoo S. Optimization of a new method for extraction of cyanidin chloride and pelargonidin chloride anthocyanins with magnetic solid phase extraction and determination in fruit samples by HPLC with central composite design. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1067:38-44 pubmed publisher..Clean-up of the extract from fruits was conducted by magnetic solid phase extraction using salicylic acid functionalized silica-coated magnetite nanoparticles (SCMNPs) as the adsorbent...