Summary: The measurement and recording of MOTOR ACTIVITY to assess rest/activity cycles.
- Bernert R, Hom M, Iwata N, Joiner T. Objectively Assessed Sleep Variability as an Acute Warning Sign of Suicidal Ideation in a Longitudinal Evaluation of Young Adults at High Suicide Risk. J Clin Psychiatry. 2017;78:e678-e687 pubmed publisher..Ninety-six percent of participants (n = 48) endorsed a suicide attempt history. Mean actigraphy values revealed objectively disturbed sleep parameters; 78% (n = 39) and 36% (n = 18) endorsed clinically ..
- Walaszek R, Chwała W, Walaszek K, Burdacki M, Błaszczuk J. Evaluation of the accuracy of the postural stability measurement with the Y-Balance Test based on the levels of the biomechanical parameters. Acta Bioeng Biomech. 2017;19:121-128 pubmed..The extracted factor structure points to a hybrid structure of the Y-Balance Test and shows its accuracy in the measurements of the lower limb joint mobility and strength performance of knee joint extensors. ..
- Lawlor D, Peters T, Howe L, Noble S, Kipping R, Jago R. The Active for Life Year 5 (AFLY5) school-based cluster randomised controlled trial protocol: detailed statistical analysis plan. Trials. 2013;14:234 pubmed publisher..Its publication will ensure that analyses are in accordance with an a priori plan related to the trial objectives and not driven by knowledge of the data. ISRCTN50133740. ..
- Shum H, Ho E, Jiang Y, Takagi S. Real-time posture reconstruction for Microsoft Kinect. IEEE Trans Cybern. 2013;43:1357-69 pubmed publisher..Experimental results show that our method can significantly improve the quality of the recognized posture under severely occluded environments, such as a person exercising with a basketball or moving in a small room. ..
- Han J, Shao L, Xu D, Shotton J. Enhanced computer vision with Microsoft Kinect sensor: a review. IEEE Trans Cybern. 2013;43:1318-34 pubmed publisher..Finally, we give an overview of the challenges in this field and future research trends. This paper is expected to serve as a tutorial and source of references for Kinect-based computer vision researchers. ..
- Han K, Wang P. Validity of Research-Grade Actigraphy Unit for Measuring Exercise Intensity. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..Hence, the actigraph validity for measuring PA intensity while strolling and jogging remains debatable. ..
- Grunerbl A, Muaremi A, Osmani V, Bahle G, Ohler S, Troster G, et al. Smartphone-based recognition of states and state changes in bipolar disorder patients. IEEE J Biomed Health Inform. 2015;19:140-8 pubmed publisher..This paper furthermore outlines the applicability of this system in the physician-patient relations in order to facilitate the life and treatment of bipolar patients. ..
- Spira A, Stone K, Redline S, Ensrud K, Ancoli Israel S, Cauley J, et al. Actigraphic Sleep Duration and Fragmentation in Older Women: Associations With Performance Across Cognitive Domains. Sleep. 2017;40: pubmed publisher..4) of varied cognitive status from the Study of Osteoporotic Fractures who completed wrist actigraphy and the Modified Mini-Mental State Examination (3MS), California Verbal Learning Test-II-Short Form, digit span, ..
- Zuurbier L, Luik A, Hofman A, Franco O, Van Someren E, Tiemeier H. Fragmentation and stability of circadian activity rhythms predict mortality: the Rotterdam study. Am J Epidemiol. 2015;181:54-63 pubmed publisher..We investigated whether 24-hour activity rhythms and sleep characteristics independently predicted mortality. Actigraphy was used to determine the stability and fragmentation of the 24-hour activity rhythm in 1,734 persons (aged 45-..
- Domingues A, Paiva T, Sanches J. Hypnogram and sleep parameter computation from activity and cardiovascular data. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2014;61:1711-9 pubmed publisher..NREM) sleep percentages are automatically estimated from physiological (ECG and respiration) and behavioral (Actigraphy) nocturnal data...
- Keawutan P, Bell K, Oftedal S, Ware R, Stevenson R, Davies P, et al. Longitudinal physical activity and sedentary behaviour in preschool-aged children with cerebral palsy across all functional levels. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2017;59:852-857 pubmed publisher..To investigate longitudinal changes of habitual physical activity (HPA) and sedentary time in children with cerebral palsy (CP) aged 1 year 6 months to 5 years across all functional abilities...
- Fowler P, Paul D, Tomazoli G, Farooq A, Akenhead R, Taylor L. Evidence of sub-optimal sleep in adolescent Middle Eastern academy soccer players which is exacerbated by sleep intermission proximal to dawn. Eur J Sport Sci. 2017;17:1110-1118 pubmed publisher..west of home) including three discrete matches, sleep was assessed pre- (PRE) and post-match (POST) via wrist actigraphy. Retrospective actigraphy analysis identified sleep characteristics, including if players experienced a sleep ..
- Patel S, Miller B, Kosiorek H, Parish J, Lyng P, Krahn L. The Effect of Dogs on Human Sleep in the Home Sleep Environment. Mayo Clin Proc. 2017;92:1368-1372 pubmed publisher..The mean ± SD age of the dogs was 5±3 years and weight was 15±13 kg. Mean ± SD actigraphy data showed 475±101 minutes in bed, 404±99 minutes total sleep time, 81%±7% sleep efficiency, and 71±35 ..
- Fernandez Luque L, Singh M, Ofli F, Mejova Y, Weber I, Aupetit M, et al. Implementing 360Â° Quantified Self for childhood obesity: feasibility study and experiences from a weight loss camp in Qatar. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2017;17:37 pubmed publisher..Over 50 children (9-12 years old) and parents used a wide range of technologies, including wearable sensors (actigraphy), mobile and social media (WhatsApp and Instagram) to collect data related to physical activity and food, that ..
- Bourelle S, Dey N, Sifaki Pistolla D, Berge B, Gautheron V, Cottalorda J, et al. Computerized static posturography and laterality in children. Influence of age. Acta Bioeng Biomech. 2017;19:129-139 pubmed..Age seemed to be a determinant for these outcomes. Maturation of the vestibular at the ages of 6 or 7 years might explain the observed differences between the youngest children and olderchildren. ..
- Hanish A, Lin Dyken D, Han J. PROMIS Sleep Disturbance and Sleep-Related Impairment in Adolescents: Examining Psychometrics Using Self-Report and Actigraphy. Nurs Res. 2017;66:246-251 pubmed publisher..1.0; 8b) questionnaires were completed, and sleep patterns were assessed using actigraphy. Total scores on the three sleep questionnaires were correlated (all Spearman's r > .70, p < .001)...
- Ong J, Manber R, Segal Z, Xia Y, Shapiro S, Wyatt J. A randomized controlled trial of mindfulness meditation for chronic insomnia. Sleep. 2014;37:1553-63 pubmed publisher..Objective sleep measures were derived from laboratory polysomnography and wrist actigraphy. Linear mixed models showed that those receiving a meditation-based intervention (MBSR or MBTI) had ..
- Carvalhaes M, Martiniano A, Malta M, Takito M, Benício M. [Physical activity in pregnant women receiving care in primary health care units]. Rev Saude Publica. 2013;47:958-67 pubmed..Less frequent intake of healthy foods was found to be a risk factor, therefore suggesting a cluster of health risk factors. ..
- Stone E, Skubic M. Unobtrusive, continuous, in-home gait measurement using the Microsoft Kinect. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2013;60:2925-32 pubmed publisher..Potential applications and future work are discussed. ..
- Gavrila A, Hood S, Robinson B, Amir S. Effects of bilateral anterior agranular insula lesions on food anticipatory activity in rats. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179370 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that the AICa contributes to the network of brain regions involved in FAA...
- Grima N, Rajaratnam S, Mansfield D, Sletten T, Spitz G, Ponsford J. Efficacy of melatonin for sleep disturbance following traumatic brain injury: a randomised controlled trial. BMC Med. 2018;16:8 pubmed publisher..23). With respect to the secondary outcomes, melatonin supplementation increased sleep efficiency on actigraphy, and vitality and mental health on the SF-36 v1 questionnaire (pâ€‰â‰¤â€‰0.05 for each)...
- Doering J, Szabo A, Goyal D, Babler E. Sleep Quality and Quantity in Low-Income Postpartum Women. MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs. 2017;42:166-172 pubmed publisher..Objective sleep/wake patterns were measured by 72-hour wrist actigraphy at 4 and 8 weeks. Mean sample age was 25 years, high school educated with 3.1 children...
- Abildsnes E, Rohde G, Berntsen S, Stea T. Fun, influence and competence-a mixed methods study of prerequisites for high school students' participation in physical education. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:241 pubmed publisher..Program evaluation revealed that both groups of students valued competent PE teachers and having influence on the content of the PE program. ..
- Moy M, Collins R, Martinez C, Kadri R, Roman P, Holleman R, et al. An Internet-Mediated Pedometer-Based Program Improves Health-Related Quality-of-Life Domains and Daily Step Counts in COPD: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Chest. 2015;148:128-137 pubmed publisher..005). An Internet-mediated, pedometer-based walking program can improve domains of HRQL and daily step counts at 4 months in people with COPD. Clinical Trials.gov; No.: NCT01102777; URL: www.clinicaltrials.gov. ..
- Martin J, Song Y, Hughes J, Jouldjian S, Dzierzewski J, Fung C, et al. A Four-Session Sleep Intervention Program Improves Sleep for Older Adult Day Health Care Participants: Results of a Randomized Controlled Trial. Sleep. 2017;40: pubmed publisher..and health assessments at baseline, post-treatment and 4-months follow-up that included 3 days/nights of wrist actigraphy, the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index (PSQI), and the Insomnia Severity Index (ISI)...
- Trivedi M, Holger D, Bui A, Craddock T, Tartar J. Short-term sleep deprivation leads to decreased systemic redox metabolites and altered epigenetic status. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181978 pubmed publisher..There were no significant correlations between self-reported or actigraphy-measured sleep and the biochemical measurements, strongly indicating that prior sleep behavior did not have any ..
- Smith McLallen A, Heller D, Vernisi K, Gulick D, Cruz S, Snyder R. Comparative Effectiveness of Two Walking Interventions on Participation, Step Counts, and Health. Am J Health Promot. 2017;31:119-127 pubmed publisher..An enhanced walking program significantly increases participation rates and daily step counts, which were associated with weight loss and reductions in body mass index. ..
- RÃ©mond M, Stewart S, Carrington M, Marwick T, Kingwell B, Meikle P, et al. Better Indigenous Risk stratification for Cardiac Health study (BIRCH) protocol: rationale and design of a cross-sectional and prospective cohort study to identify novel cardiovascular risk indicators in Aboriginal Australian and Torres Strait Island. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2017;17:228 pubmed publisher..mass and strain via echocardiography, sleep disordered breathing and quality via home-based polysomnography or actigraphy respectively, and plasma lipidomic profiles via mass spectrometry...
- Fonseca P, Weysen T, Goelema M, Møst E, Radha M, Lunsingh Scheurleer C, et al. Validation of Photoplethysmography-Based Sleep Staging Compared With Polysomnography in Healthy Middle-Aged Adults. Sleep. 2017;40: pubmed publisher..PPG) combined with body movements measured with an accelerometer, with polysomnography (PSG) and actigraphy. Using wrist-worn PPG to analyze heart rate variability and an accelerometer to measure body movements, sleep ..
- Hall W, Moynihan M, Bhagat R, Wooldridge J. Relationships between parental sleep quality, fatigue, cognitions about infant sleep, and parental depression pre and post-intervention for infant behavioral sleep problems. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2017;17:104 pubmed publisher..Parental doubts about managing infant sleep and difficulties with setting sleep limits require attention in interventions. ..
- Duclos C, Dumont M, Blais H, Paquet J, Laflamme E, De Beaumont L, et al. Rest-Activity Cycle Disturbances in the Acute Phase of Moderate to Severe Traumatic Brain Injury. Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2014;28:472-82 pubmed publisher..aim of the present study was to document rest-activity cycle consolidation in acute moderate/severe TBI using actigraphy and to assess its association with injury severity and outcome. In all, 16 hospitalized patients (27.1 ± 11...
- Videnovic A, Klerman E, Wang W, Marconi A, Kuhta T, Zee P. Timed Light Therapy for Sleep and Daytime Sleepiness Associated With Parkinson Disease: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Neurol. 2017;74:411-418 pubmed publisher..Light therapy (LT), a widely available treatment modality in sleep medicine, has not been systematically studied in the PD population...