Genomes and Genes
Summary: Inosine 5'-Monophosphate. A purine nucleotide which has hypoxanthine as the base and one phosphate group esterified to the sugar moiety.
- Dobie F, Berg A, Boitz J, Jardim A. Kinetic characterization of inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase of Leishmania donovani. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2007;152:11-21 pubmedTrypanosomatid protozoan pathogens are purine auxotrophs that are highly dependent on the enzyme inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH) for the synthesis of guanylate nucleotides...
- Gan L, Petsko G, Hedstrom L. Crystal structure of a ternary complex of Tritrichomonas foetus inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase: NAD+ orients the active site loop for catalysis. Biochemistry. 2002;41:13309-17 pubmed..This site is adjacent to beta-Me-TAD, consistent with the link between the K(+) activation and NAD(+). However, contrary to the coupling model, the flap does not cover the adenosine subsite and remains largely disordered. ..
- Mori H, Iida A, Fujio T, Teshiba S. A novel process of inosine 5'-monophosphate production using overexpressed guanosine/inosine kinase. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 1997;48:693-8 pubmed..Inosine in the reaction mixture was stoichiometrically phosphorylated, and 91 mM 5'-IMP accumulated in a 12-h reaction. This new biological process has advantages over traditional methods for producing 5'-IMP. ..
- Almaraz L, Garcia Sancho J, Lew V. Calcium-induced conversion of adenine nucleotides to inosine monophosphate in human red cells. J Physiol. 1988;407:557-67 pubmed..2. The inosine monophosphate (IMP) content of cells after 30 min of calcium permeabilization increased with the magnitude of the ..
- Abbouni B, Elhariry H, Auling G. Overproduction of NAD+ and 5'-inosine monophosphate in the presence of 10 microM Mn2+ by a mutant of Corynebacterium ammoniagenes with thermosensitive nucleotide reduction (nrd(ts)) after temperature shift. Arch Microbiol. 2004;182:119-25 pubmed..Concomitant with a dramatic loss of viability, the thermosensitive mutant CH31 accumulated 5.3 g 5'-inosine monophosphate per liter following the addition of hypoxanthine as precursor for the salvage pathway.
- Sintchak M, Fleming M, Futer O, Raybuck S, Chambers S, Caron P, et al. Structure and mechanism of inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase in complex with the immunosuppressant mycophenolic acid. Cell. 1996;85:921-30 pubmed
- Li P, Ogino K, Hoshikawa Y, Morisaki H, Cheng J, Toyama K, et al. Remote reperfusion lung injury is associated with AMP deaminase 3 activation and attenuated by inosine monophosphate. Circ J. 2007;71:591-6 pubmedRemote reperfusion lung injury occurs in patients with vascular occlusion and surgical procedures. Inosine monophosphate (IMP) produced by adenosine monophosphate deaminase (AMPD) 3 is involved in the remote reperfusion injury...
- Murata Y, Beauchamp G, Bachmanov A. Taste perception of monosodium glutamate and inosine monophosphate by 129P3/J and C57BL/6ByJ mice. Physiol Behav. 2009;98:481-8 pubmed publisher..preference tests, mice from the C57BL/6ByJ (B6) inbred strain drink more monosodium glutamate (MSG) and inosine monophosphate (IMP) than mice from the 129P3/J (129) inbred strain...
- He B, Shiau A, Choi K, Zalkin H, Smith J. Genes of the Escherichia coli pur regulon are negatively controlled by a repressor-operator interaction. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:4555-62 pubmed..The purR product, purine repressor, was shown to bind specifically to each operator. Thus, binding of repressor to each operator of pur regulon genes negatively coregulates expression. ..
- Dong Q, Liu F, Myers A, Fromm H. Evidence for an arginine residue at the substrate binding site of Escherichia coli adenylosuccinate synthetase as studied by chemical modification and site-directed mutagenesis. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:12228-33 pubmed..In addition, kcat of the R147L mutant decreased by a factor of 1.3 x 10(4). On the bases of these observations, it is suggested that Arg147 is critical for enzyme catalysis...
- Nelson G, Chandrashekar J, Hoon M, Feng L, Zhao G, Ryba N, et al. An amino-acid taste receptor. Nature. 2002;416:199-202 pubmed..We also show that sequence differences in T1R receptors within and between species (human and mouse) can significantly influence the selectivity and specificity of taste responses. ..
- McConell G, Shinewell J, Stephens T, Stathis C, Canny B, Snow R. Creatine supplementation reduces muscle inosine monophosphate during endurance exercise in humans. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2005;37:2054-61 pubmed..We hypothesized that Cr supplementation would improve muscle energy balance (as assessed by muscle inosine monophosphate (IMP) accumulation) during intense endurance exercise...
- Li D, Qin N, Zhang L, Lv J, Li Q, Luo Y. Effects of different concentrations of metal ions on degradation of adenosine triphosphate in common carp (Cyprinus carpio) fillets stored at 4°C: An in vivo study. Food Chem. 2016;211:812-8 pubmed publisher..The content of ATP, inosine monophosphate (IMP), and hypoxanthine (Hx), and the activity of AMP-deaminase and ACP were determined...
- Castro Elizalde K, Hernández Contreras P, Ramírez Flores C, Gonzalez Pozos S, Gómez de León C, Mondragón Castelán M, et al. Mycophenolic acid induces differentiation of Toxoplasma gondii RH strain tachyzoites into bradyzoites and formation of cyst-like structure in vitro. Parasitol Res. 2018;117:547-563 pubmed publisher..from tachyzoites of the type I RH strain by treating with mycophenolic acid, an inhibitor of the inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase...
- Barsotti C, Ipata P. Metabolic regulation of ATP breakdown and of adenosine production in rat brain extracts. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2004;36:2214-25 pubmed..These results considerably extend our knowledge on the long debated question of the extra or intracellular origin of adenosine in CNS, suggesting that at least in normoxic conditions, intracellular adenosine is of extracellular origin. ..
- Rolfes R, Zalkin H. Regulation of Escherichia coli purF. Mutations that define the promoter, operator, and purine repressor gene. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:19649-52 pubmed..Two independent purR mutations were isolated which abolished repression of purF and purF-lacZ. We conclude that there is a single repressor protein-operator regulatory system to sense purine or purine nucleotide pools. ..
- Schrift G, Waldron T, Timmons M, Ramaswamy S, Kearney W, Murphy K. Molecular basis for nucleotide-binding specificity: role of the exocyclic amino group "N2" in recognition by a guanylyl-ribonuclease. J Mol Biol. 2006;355:72-84 pubmed..Thus, combined, the data demonstrate how a long-range interaction can have a significant impact on nucleotide binding affinity and energetics. ..
- Bessho T, Morii S, Kusumoto T, Shinohara T, Noda M, Uchiyama S, et al. Characterization of the novel Trypanosoma brucei inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase. Parasitology. 2013;140:735-45 pubmed publisher..Our results show that TbIMPDH is different from its mammalian counterpart and thus may be a good target for further studies on anti-trypanosomal drugs. ..
- Straadt I, Aaslyng M, Bertram H. An NMR-based metabolomics study of pork from different crossbreeds and relation to sensory perception. Meat Sci. 2014;96:719-28 pubmed publisher..acids including alanine, carnosine, isoleucine, methionine, phenylalanine, and valine, as well as lactate, inosine monophosphate (IMP), inosine, glycerol and choline-containing compounds were found to be significantly affected by ..
- Tabucchi A, Vannoni D, Porcelli B, Di Stefano A, Pizzichini M, Leoncini R, et al. [Enzymes of the inosinic crossing point in human lymphocytes]. Boll Soc Ital Biol Sper. 1990;66:449-55 pubmed..The results open the possibility of using the inosinic branch point enzymes as tumor markers. ..
- Sherley J. Guanine nucleotide biosynthesis is regulated by the cellular p53 concentration. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:24815-28 pubmed..Moreover, observations of the growth behavior of p53-inducible cells suggest that by regulating the production of GTP, p53 can control cellular quiescence. ..
- Chen Q, Alarcon S, Tharp A, Ahmed O, Estrella N, Greene T, et al. Perceptual variation in umami taste and polymorphisms in TAS1R taste receptor genes. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;90:770S-779S pubmed publisher..The putative human taste receptor TAS1R1-TAS1R3 responds specifically to l-glutamate mixed with the ribonucleotide IMP. Thus, this receptor likely contributes to human umami taste perception. ..
- Tozzi M, Camici M, Pesi R, Allegrini S, Sgarrella F, Ipata P. Nucleoside phosphotransferase activity of human colon carcinoma cytosolic 5'-nucleotidase. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1991;291:212-7 pubmed..e., the nucleoside phosphotransferase activity). This finding is in accordance with previous suggestions that cytosolic 5'-nucleotidase cannot be considered a pure catabolic enzyme. ..
- Gorselink M, Drost M, Van der Vusse G. Murine muscles deficient in creatine kinase tolerate repeated series of high-intensity contractions. Pflugers Arch. 2001;443:274-9 pubmed..These findings indicate that CK-/- tolerate repeated series of high-intensity contractions better than WT, while in CK-/- muscle an additional source of energy is mobilised to regenerate ATP during the second series. ..
- Mikami T, Yoshino Y, Ito A. Does a relationship exist between the urate pool in the body and lipid peroxidation during exercise?. Free Radic Res. 2000;32:31-9 pubmed..Furthermore, these findings support the view that urate may serve as an important freeradical scavenger in vivo. ..
- Chang C, Lin W, Pai L, Lee H, Wu S, Ding S, et al. Cytoophidium assembly reflects upregulation of IMPDH activity. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:3550-5 pubmed publisherCytidine triphosphate synthase (CTPS) and inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH) (both of which have two isoforms) can form fiber-like subcellular structures termed 'cytoophidia' under certain circumstances in mammalian cells...
- Drake S, Carunchia Whetstine M, Drake M, Courtney P, Fligner K, Jenkins J, et al. Sources of umami taste in Cheddar and Swiss cheeses. J Food Sci. 2007;72:S360-6 pubmed..Monosodium glutamate (MSG), disodium 5'-inosine monophosphate (IMP), disodium 5'-guanosine monophosphate (GMP), sodium chloride, lactic acid, propionic acid, and ..
- Chen J, Wen J, Zhao G, Zheng M, Yang N. [Genetic parameter estimation for inosine-5-monophosphate and intramuscular fat contents and other meat quality traits in chicken muscle]. Yi Chuan. 2005;27:898-902 pubmed..32, 0.40). A low level of positive correlation was observed between IMP and IMF (rA =0.27). We propose that IMP and IMF contents in chicken meat could be increased with selection through line-breeding. ..
- Signorelli K, Hadden J. T cell immunostimulation by methyl inosine 5'-monophosphate: application to infectious diseases. Int Immunopharmacol. 2003;3:1177-86 pubmed
- Babusis D, Curry M, Kirby B, Park Y, Murakami E, Wang T, et al. Sofosbuvir and Ribavirin Liver Pharmacokinetics in Patients Infected with Hepatitis C Virus. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2018;62: pubmed publisher..This study has been registered at ClinicalTrials.gov under identifier NCT01559844.). ..
- Narukawa M, Morita K, Uemura M, Kitada R, Oh S, Hayashi Y. Nerve and behavioral responses of mice to various umami substances. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2011;75:2125-31 pubmed..L-theanine showed synergy with IMP but did not have an umami taste without IMP. In contrast, betaine did not have an umami taste or synergy with IMP. D-MSG might have weak synergy with IMP. ..
- Nakagawara J, Takeda R, Suematsu K, Nakamura J. Quantification of regional cerebral blood flow and vascular reserve in childhood moyamoya disease using [123I]IMP-ARG method. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 1997;99 Suppl 2:S96-9 pubmed..Quantification of both resting rCBF and rVR using IMP-ARG method could provide reliable information concerning on surgical indication and its effectiveness in childhood Moyamoya disease. ..
- Kawai M, Okiyama A, Ueda Y. Taste enhancements between various amino acids and IMP. Chem Senses. 2002;27:739-45 pubmed..Thus the umami taste enhancement of several sweet L-alpha-amino acids by IMP was synergistic rather than additive as that of acidic amino acids. ..
- Kim J, Raushel F. Allosteric control of the oligomerization of carbamoyl phosphate synthetase from Escherichia coli. Biochemistry. 2001;40:11030-6 pubmed
- Turriani M, Pesi R, Nardone A, Turchi G, Sgarrella F, Ipata P, et al. Cytosolic 5'-nucleotidase/nucleoside phosphotransferase: a nucleoside analog activating enzyme?. J Biochem Toxicol. 1994;9:51-7 pubmed..Despite this observation, both mutants displayed 8-azaguanosine resistance, thus indicating that cytosolic 5'-nucleotidase is not essential for the activation of this nucleoside analog...
- Braxton B, Mullins L, Raushel F, Reinhart G. Allosteric effects of carbamoyl phosphate synthetase from Escherichia coli are entropy-driven. Biochemistry. 1996;35:11918-24 pubmed..With this model, one can also rationalize the failure of these allosteric ligands to substantially influence kcat. ..
- Westra H, Berden J, Jetten I. The effect of temperature and pH on the co-operative behavior of Mg2+ -stimulated acto-myosin-ATPase and the inhibition by IMP. Arch Physiol Biochem. 2003;111:467-73 pubmed
- Li S, Chen L, Hu Y, Fang G, Zhao M, Guo Y, et al. Enzymatic production of 5'-inosinic acid by AMP deaminase from a newly isolated Aspergillus oryzae. Food Chem. 2017;216:275-81 pubmed publisher..enzyme for the food industry, can catalyze the irreversible hydrolysis of adenosine monophosphate (AMP) to inosine monophosphate (IMP) and ammonia. In this study, a new strain was screened that efficiently produces 3191...
- Pell R, Schramm V, Parkin D. Molecular cloning and expression of a purine-specific N-ribohydrolase from Trypanosoma brucei brucei. Sequence, expression, and molecular analysis. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:2118-26 pubmed..The kinetic parameters of the recombinant IAG-nucleoside hydrolase are experimentally identical to the native IAG-nucleoside hydrolase...
- Adams K, Marzilli L. fac-[Re(CO)3(H2O)3]+ nucleoside monophosphate adducts investigated in aqueous solution by multinuclear NMR spectroscopy. Inorg Chem. 2007;46:4926-36 pubmed
- Tsunemori H, Araki K, Uezu K, Goto M, Furusaki S. Surface imprinting polymers for the recognition of nucleotides. Bioseparation. 2001;10:315-21 pubmed..The adsorption behavior was quantitatively evaluated by the binding constants for the IMP-imprinted polymer. The imprinting polymer was found to recognize a small structural difference in nucleotides. ..
- Svensson M, Ekblom B, Cotgreave I, Norman B, Sjoberg B, Ekblom O, et al. Adaptive stress response of glutathione and uric acid metabolism in man following controlled exercise and diet. Acta Physiol Scand. 2002;176:43-56 pubmed
- Fiol J, Terron A, Calafat A, Moreno V, Aguiló M, Solans X. Crystal structures and spectroscopic studies of ternary compounds of Ni(II) with ethylenediamine and 5'GMP and 5'IMP. J Inorg Biochem. 1989;35:191-214 pubmed..6H2O similar to the 5'GMP complex has been obtained in the form of blue crystals, but unfortunately its crystal structure failed to be refined. This complex is isostructural with the monoclinic one. ..
- Mitsui T, Kira S, Ihara T, Sawada N, Nakagomi H, Miyamoto T, et al. Metabolomics Approach to Male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms: Identification of Possible Biomarkers and Potential Targets for New Treatments. J Urol. 2018;199:1312-1318 pubmed publisher..Multivariate analysis revealed that increased glutamate and decreased arginine, asparagine and inosine monophosphate were significantly associated with lower urinary tract symptoms in males...
- Fukui H, Taniguchi S, Ueta Y, Yoshida A, Ohtahara A, Hisatome I, et al. Enhanced activity of the purine nucleotide cycle of the exercising muscle in patients with hyperthyroidism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:2205-10 pubmed..Such acceleration of the purine nucleotide cycle is thought to be in part a protective mechanism against a rapid collapse of the ATP energy balance in exercising muscles of patients with hyperthyroidism. ..
- Brandhorst G, Marquet P, Shaw L, Liebisch G, Schmitz G, Coffing M, et al. Multicenter evaluation of a new inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase inhibition assay for quantification of total mycophenolic acid in plasma. Ther Drug Monit. 2008;30:428-33 pubmed publisherThe performance characteristics of a new inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase inhibition assay for the quantification of total mycophenolic acid (MPA) in plasma (Roche Diagnostics) were assessed in a multicenter evaluation...
- Zhang Y, Morar M, Ealick S. Structural biology of the purine biosynthetic pathway. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2008;65:3699-724 pubmed publisherPurine biosynthesis requires ten enzymatic transformations to generate inosine monophosphate. PurF, PurD, PurL, PurM, PurC, and PurB are common to all pathways, while PurN or PurT, PurK/PurE-I or PurE-II, PurH or PurP, and PurJ or PurO ..
- Hamano Y, Kurimoto Y. Effects of acetylated wood powder on growth performance, hepatic and muscular free amino acid profiles, and inosine 5'-monophosphate concentration of breast meat in broiler chickens. Br Poult Sci. 2016;57:643-654 pubmed
- Xu Y, Grubmeyer C. Catalysis in human hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase: Asp 137 acts as a general acid/base. Biochemistry. 1998;37:4114-24 pubmed..In conclusion, Asp137 acts as a general catalytic acid/base for HGPRTase and Lys165 makes ground-state interactions with substrates. ..
- Czerwinski R, Mareya S, Raushel F. Regulatory changes in the control of carbamoyl phosphate synthetase induced by truncation and mutagenesis of the allosteric binding domain. Biochemistry. 1995;34:13920-7 pubmed..Six conserved amino acids within the allosteric domain were mutated.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Kanamaru K, Araki T, Kawakita F, Hamada K, Kanamaru H, Matsuura K, et al. STA-MCA bypass for the treatment of ischemic stroke. Acta Neurochir Suppl. 2011;112:55-7 pubmed publisher..STA-MCA bypass still plays a limited role in the treatment of ischemic stroke, but may become a bright hope in depressed patients after cerebral ischemia. ..
- Lennard L, Singleton H. High-performance liquid chromatographic assay of the methyl and nucleotide metabolites of 6-mercaptopurine: quantitation of red blood cell 6-thioguanine nucleotide, 6-thioinosinic acid and 6-methylmercaptopurine metabolites in a single sample. J Chromatogr. 1992;583:83-90 pubmed..The limit of quantitation of the assay is 0.03, 0.03 and 0.12 nmol per 8 x 10(8) red blood cells for the 6-thioguanine nucleotides, 6-thioinosinic acid and the 6-methylmercaptopurine metabolites, respectively. ..
- Delay E, Beaver A, Wagner K, Stapleton J, Harbaugh J, Catron K, et al. Taste preference synergy between glutamate receptor agonists and inosine monophosphate in rats. Chem Senses. 2000;25:507-15 pubmed..MSG) elicits a taste called umami and interacts synergistically with nucleotide monophosphates such as 5'-inosine monophosphate (IMP) to potentiate this taste intensity...
- Mertens J, Vanryckeghem W, Gysemans M, Eersels J, Finda Panek E, Carlsen L. New fast preparation of 123I labelled radiopharmaceuticals. Eur J Nucl Med. 1987;13:380-1 pubmed..The proposed method is also compared with earlier described methods which, yielding labelled side products and 123I2, do not fulfill the requirements for kit labelling. ..
- Itoh R, Kimura K. Occurrence of IMP-GMP 5'-nucleotidase in three fish species: a comparative study on Trachurus japonicus, Oncorhynchus masou masou and Triakis scyllium. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2002;132:401-8 pubmed..1-0.3 micromol of Pi released from IMP/min/mg of protein), while the activity in red skeletal muscle was sixfold to 10-fold higher than that in white muscle. ..
- Vogt M, Stet E, de Abreu R, Bokkerink J, Lambooy L, Trijbels F. The importance of methylthio-IMP for methylmercaptopurine ribonucleoside (Me-MPR) cytotoxicity in Molt F4 human malignant T-lymphoblasts. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1181:189-94 pubmed..So, in Molt F4 cells, formation of Me-tIMP from Me-MPR results in cytotoxicity by inhibition of purine de novo synthesis. ..
- Kerr K, Digits J, Kuperwasser N, Hedstrom L. Asp338 controls hydride transfer in Escherichia coli IMP dehydrogenase. Biochemistry. 2000;39:9804-10 pubmed..D., Vanderveen, K., Strickler, M. D., Markham, G. D., and Goldstein, B. M. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 96, 3531-3536]. ..
- Guddat L, Vos S, Martin J, Keough D, de Jersey J. Crystal structures of free, IMP-, and GMP-bound Escherichia coli hypoxanthine phosphoribosyltransferase. Protein Sci. 2002;11:1626-38 pubmed..However, hypoxanthine does not have a 2-exocyclic atom and the HPRT-IMP structure suggests that hypoxanthine is likely to occupy a different position in the purine-binding pocket. ..
- Carlone M, Marzilli L, Natile G. Platinum complexes with NH groups on the carrier ligand and with only one guanine or hypoxanthine derivative. Informative models for assessing relative nucleobase and nucleotide hydrogen-bond interactions with amine ligands in solution. Inorg Chem. 2004;43:584-92 pubmed..For L = 3'-GMP and 3'-IMP, stabilization of the endo form upon phosphate deprotonation at neutral pH was observed. This result is attributed to an H-bonding network involving water, the 3'-phosphate, and the Me(3)dien NH groups. ..
- Mito Y, Yoshida K, Yabe I, Makino K, Tashiro K, Kikuchi S, et al. Brain SPECT analysis by 3D-SSP and phenotype of Parkinson's disease. J Neurol Sci. 2006;241:67-72 pubmed..We therefore investigated the association of phenotypes in untreated PD with brain perfusion on SPECT using three-dimensional stereotactic surface projection (3D-SSP) technique...
- Sollitti P, Merkler D, Estupiñán B, Schramm V. Yeast AMP deaminase. Catalytic activity in Schizosaccharomyces pombe and chromosomal location in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:4549-55 pubmed..1971) Genet. Res. 18, 33-44) had indicated the absence of AMP deaminase. The presence of a regulated AMP deaminase in S. pombe supports the hypothesis that eukaryotes regulate adenine nucleotide pools by the activity of AMP deaminase. ..
- Ren J, Broberg S, Sahlin K, Hultman E. Influence of reduced glycogen level on glycogenolysis during short-term stimulation in man. Acta Physiol Scand. 1990;139:467-74 pubmed..The decrease in ATP was accompanied by a stoichiometric increase in inosine monophosphate. Phosphocreatine decreased during stimulation and was almost depleted at the end of stimulation...
- Mosharov E, Vitvitsky V, Ataullakhanov F. Product activation of human erythrocyte AMP deaminase. FEBS Lett. 1998;440:64-6 pubmed..Activation of the enzyme by IMP is due to prevention of the inhibitory effect of inorganic phosphate. At 1 mM AMP and 2-3 mM phosphate the addition of 2-5 mM IMP accelerates the AMP deamination two to three times. ..
- Saparbaev M, Mani J, Laval J. Interactions of the human, rat, Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Escherichia coli 3-methyladenine-DNA glycosylases with DNA containing dIMP residues. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:1332-9 pubmed..coli (AlkA) proteins. At variance, the yeast MAG protein removed more efficiently HX from a dI:dG over dI:dC, dI:T and dI:dA mismatches. ..
- Hohl C, Wimsatt D, Brierley G, Altschuld R. IMP production by ATP-depleted adult rat heart cells. Effects of glycolysis and alpha 1-adrenergic stimulation. Circ Res. 1989;65:754-60 pubmed..The production of intracellular adenosine in cells without ATP, on the other hand, is governed primarily by the concentration of AMP and appears to be catalyzed by the cytosolic type I 5'-nucleotidase. ..
- Nair V, Kamboj R. Inhibition of inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH) by 2-[2-(Z)-fluorovinyl]inosine 5'-monophosphate. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2003;13:645-7 pubmed..Inhibition of IMPDH appears to be irreversible with k(inact) and K(i) values of 0.0269 s(-1) and 1.11 microM, respectively. ..
- Westra H, Berden J, Pasman W, Pool I, van Doorn J. A model for regulation of the Mg(2+)-stimulated acto-myosin-ATPase activity: inhibition of the formation of actin-myosin complex and the Mg( 2+)-stimulated acto-myosin-ATPase activity by IMP and AMP. Arch Physiol Biochem. 2001;109:316-22 pubmed..Our results suggest that IMP and AMP can prevent an 'energy crisis' during exhaustive exercise of short duration by down-regulating the contractile machinery. ..
- Matsumoto R, Kitabayashi Y, Narumoto J, Wada Y, Okamoto A, Ushijima Y, et al. Regional cerebral blood flow changes associated with interoceptive awareness in the recovery process of anorexia nervosa. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2006;30:1265-70 pubmed..Changes of rCBF in right DLPFC, ACC, MPFC, PCC and precuneus were related to the AN recovery process and might be associated with improvement of IA following treatment. ..
- Fujimoto S, Hasegawa Y, Yokota C, Tagaya M, Hayashida K, Yamaguchi T, et al. Acetazolamide challenge test using semiquantitative 123 I-IMP SPECT for detection of cerebral misery perfusion. J Neurol Sci. 2002;205:21-7 pubmed..An improvement in reduced vasodilatory capacity as determined by SPECT coincides with a reduction in OEF values. ..
- Toda Y, Nakagita T, Hayakawa T, Okada S, Narukawa M, Imai H, et al. Two distinct determinants of ligand specificity in T1R1/T1R3 (the umami taste receptor). J Biol Chem. 2013;288:36863-77 pubmed publisher..A complex molecular mechanism involving changes in the properties of both the orthosteric and non-orthosteric sites of T1R1 underlies the determination of ligand specificity in mammalian T1R1/T1R3. ..
- Meghji P, Tuttle J, Rubio R. Adenosine formation and release by embryonic chick neurons and glia in cell culture. J Neurochem. 1989;53:1852-60 pubmed..The results demonstrate that adenosine is formed intracellularly and exported out of the cell via the nucleoside transporter. The participation of ecto-5'-nucleotidase was excluded. ..
- Iancu C, Zhou Y, Borza T, Fromm H, Honzatko R. Cavitation as a mechanism of substrate discrimination by adenylosuccinate synthetases. Biochemistry. 2006;45:11703-11 pubmed..At an approximate energy cost of 2.2 kcal/mol, the unfavorable thermodynamics of cavity formation may be the major factor in destabilizing ligands at the L-aspartate pocket. ..
- Scott G, Spitsin S, Kean R, Mikheeva T, Koprowski H, Hooper D. Therapeutic intervention in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis by administration of uric acid precursors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:16303-8 pubmed..We, therefore, conclude that the mode of action of inosine and inosinic acid in EAE is via their metabolism to UA. ..
- He B, Zalkin H. Regulation of Escherichia coli purA by purine repressor, one component of a dual control mechanism. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:1009-13 pubmed..It is now established that all transcription units involved in de novo synthesis of purine nucleotides, nine pur operons, as well as purR itself and guaBA, are subject to purR control. ..
- Bundy J, Lenz E, Bailey N, Gavaghan C, Svendsen C, Spurgeon D, et al. Metabonomic assessment of toxicity of 4-fluoroaniline, 3,5-difluoroaniline and 2-fluoro-4-methylaniline to the earthworm Eisenia veneta (Rosa): identification of new endogenous biomarkers. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2002;21:1966-72 pubmed..An increase in inosine monophosphate was also observed...
- Collart F, Osipiuk J, Trent J, Olsen G, Huberman E. Cloning, characterization and sequence comparison of the gene coding for IMP dehydrogenase from Pyrococcus furiosus. Gene. 1996;174:209-16 pubmedWe have cloned and characterized the gene encoding inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH) from Pyrococcus furiosus (Pf), a hyperthermophillic archeon...
- Hellsten Y, Skadhauge L, Bangsbo J. Effect of ribose supplementation on resynthesis of adenine nucleotides after intense intermittent training in humans. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2004;286:R182-8 pubmed..Furthermore, the reduction in muscle ATP observed after intense training does not appear to be limiting for high-intensity exercise performance. ..
- Song J, Lim S, Lee K. Effects of dietary supplementation of inosine monophosphate on growth performance, innate immunity and disease resistance of olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;33:1050-4 pubmed publisherThis study was investigated to examine the effects of dietary inosine monophosphate (IMP) supplementation on growth performance, feed utilization, innate immunity, hematological parameters and disease resistance of juvenile olive ..
- Wada K, Qiu F, Stahl G, Serhan C. Inosine monophosphate and aspirin-triggered 15-epi-lipoxin A4 act in concert to regulate neutrophil trafficking: additive actions of two new endogenous anti-inflammatory mediators. J Hematother Stem Cell Res. 2001;10:75-9 pubmed..To this end, we recently uncovered two new classes of mediators: inosine monophosphate (IMP) and aspirin-triggered 15(R)-epimers of native lipoxin A(4)...
- Kopff M, Zakrzewska I, Klem J, Strzelczyk M. Relationship between adenosine deaminase activity (ADA) and inosinemonophosphate (IMP) accumulation in fresh erythrocytes incubated with adenosine and dipyridamole. Haematologia (Budap). 1989;22:161-7 pubmed..A highly significant correlation between the accumulation of IMP and the activity of ADA in fresh erythrocytes (r = 0.93; p = less than 0.001) and in erythrocytes incubated in APPD medium (r = 0.97; p = less than 0.001) was found. ..
- Dong M, Kirchberger T, Huang X, Yang Z, Zhang L, Guse A, et al. Trifluoromethylated cyclic-ADP-ribose mimic: synthesis of 8-trifluoromethyl-N(1)-[(5''-O-phosphorylethoxy)methyl]-5'-O-phosphorylinosine-5',5''-cyclic pyrophosphate (8-CF(3)-cIDPRE) and its calcium release activity in T cells. Org Biomol Chem. 2010;8:4705-15 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge 8-CF(3)-cIDPRE 1 is the first reported fluoro substituted cADPR mimic and 8-CF(3)-cIDPRE 1 and compound 14 are promising molecular probes for elucidating the mode of action of cADPR. ..
- Futer O, Sintchak M, Caron P, Nimmesgern E, DeCenzo M, Livingston D, et al. A mutational analysis of the active site of human type II inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1594:27-39 pubmed..This NAD-dependent reaction is catalyzed by the enzyme inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH)...
- Usha V, Gurcha S, Lovering A, Lloyd A, Papaemmanouil A, Reynolds R, et al. Identification of novel diphenyl urea inhibitors of Mt-GuaB2 active against Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Microbiology. 2011;157:290-9 pubmed publisherIn contrast with most bacteria, which harbour a single inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH) gene, the genomic sequence of Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv predicts three genes encoding IMPDH: guaB1, guaB2 and guaB3...
- Firpi R, Nelson D, Davis G. Lack of antiviral effect of a short course of mycophenolate mofetil in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection. Liver Transpl. 2003;9:57-61 pubmed..MMF inhibits the inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase that has been shown to have in vitro antiviral properties against flaviviruses, suggesting ..
- Franchetti P, Cappellacci L, Sheikha G, Jayaram H, Gurudutt V, Sint T, et al. Synthesis, structure, and antiproliferative activity of selenophenfurin, an inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase inhibitor analogue of selenazofurin. J Med Chem. 1997;40:1731-7 pubmed
- Eroglu B, Powers Lee S. Unmasking a functional allosteric domain in an allosterically nonresponsive carbamoyl-phosphate synthetase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:45466-72 pubmed..These findings strongly suggest that the nonresponsive sCPS is not able to communicate occupancy of the allosteric site to the active site but does contain a latent allosteric interaction domain. ..
- Wen X, Perrett D, Jones N, Tozer A, Docherty S, Iles R. High follicular fluid adenosine levels may be pivotal in the metabolism and recycling of adenosine nucleotides in the human follicle. Metabolism. 2010;59:1145-55 pubmed publisher..Such optimized recovery may be necessary to build a store of salvaged adenosine phosphate for oocyte survival...