Summary: Activities performed in the preparation of bibliographic records for CATALOGS. It is carried out according to a set of rules and contains information enabling the user to know what is available and where items can be found.
- van Beek V. ["Let these things speak for themselves". Experiment kits, instruction manuals, and narratives between 1870 and 1930]. NTM. 2009;17:387-414 pubmed
- Toms A, Kasmai B, Williams S, Wilson P. Building an anonymized catalogued radiology museum in PACS: a feasibility study. Br J Radiol. 2006;79:666-71 pubmed..Museum Builder represents a working prototype that demonstrates some of the archiving functions that are expected by teaching institutions from PACS. ..
- Touwaide A. Byzantine medical manuscripts: towards a new catalogue, with a specimen for an annotated checklist of manuscripts based on an index of Diels' Catalogue. Byzantion. 2009;79:453-595 pubmed
- Carmichael J. Effects of the gay publishing boom on classes of titles retrieved under the subject headings "Homosexuality," "Gay Men," and "Gays" in the OCLC WorldCat database. J Homosex. 2002;42:65-88 pubmed..growth in terms of the quantity of gay literature produced since 1969, such gains may be offset by the deteriorating quality of cataloging copy, which makes the experience of browsing records a discouraging and confusing one.
- Tseng S, Arcand J, Brugger J, Finn M, Olson A, Somers S. Serials standards work: the next frontier. Libr Resour Tech Serv. 1990;34:139-57 pubmed
- Allen C. Cross-cutting categorization schemes in the digital humanities. Isis. 2013;104:573-83 pubmed..It describes the goals and methods of the Indiana Philosophy Ontology (InPhO) project and provides an example of the kind of analysis that is made possible by powerful modeling methods. ..
- Verslyppe B, Kottmann R, De Smet W, De Baets B, De Vos P, Dawyndt P. Microbiological Common Language (MCL): a standard for electronic information exchange in the Microbial Commons. Res Microbiol. 2010;161:439-45 pubmed publisher..Currently, XML and RDF/XML implementations are readily available. MCL is an open standard, and therefore greatly encourages input from the microbiological community. ..
- Matters M, Lekiachvili A, Savel T, Zheng Z. Developing metadata to organize public health datasets. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2005;:1047 pubmed..It also explored the need to involve stakeholders and users in the project. The resulting metadata and system are available only to CDC researchers on the CDC intranet. ..
- Bhatti M. Union catalogues of health-sciences journals in the Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR) of the World Health Organization (WHO). Health Info Libr J. 2005;22:215-9 pubmed
- Clausen C. The pamphlet collection at NLM. Watermark (Arch Libr Hist Health Sci). 2004;28:1-2 pubmed
- Dyer B, LeBlanc M, Benz S, Cahalan P, Donorfio B, Sagui P, et al. A DNA Motif Lexicon: cataloguing and annotating sequences. In Silico Biol. 2004;4:471-8 pubmed..A software framework facilitates the continual development of new annotation modules. The tool is located at: http://genomics.wheatoncollege.edu/cgi-bin/lexicon.exe. ..
- Fleiszer D, Posel N, Steacy S. New directions in medical e-curricula and the use of digital repositories. Acad Med. 2004;79:229-35 pubmed..Outcomes of these decisions can have long-term consequences and as such, should involve faculty at the highest levels including the dean. ..
- Bedini R, Belardinelli A, Giansanti D, Guerriero L, Macellari V, Morelli S. Quality assessment and cataloguing of telemedicine applications. J Telemed Telecare. 2006;12:189-93 pubmed
- Tindall C, Moore R, Bosley J, Swetnam R, Bowie R, De Rudder A. Creating and using the urgent metadata catalogue and thesaurus. Sci Total Environ. 2006;360:223-32 pubmed
- Badman S. A librarians' perspective on nursing practices. Baby organizing. AWHONN Lifelines. 2004;8:299-302 pubmed
- Masic I, Koprivica J, Gerc A. [Cataloging of medical publications today]. Med Arh. 2004;58:135-6 pubmed
- Mitchell A, Reich J, Attwood T. PRECIS: protein reports engineered from concise information in SWISS-PROT. Bioinformatics. 2003;19:1664-71 pubmed
- Weldon S. Organizing knowledge in the Isis bibliography from Sarton to the early twenty-first century. Isis. 2013;104:540-50 pubmed..field, this essay explains how different Isis classification systems have been tied to major twentieth-century cataloging efforts...
- Bunting A. From Index Catalogue to Gopher space: changes in our profession as reflected in the Handbook and CPHSL. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1994;82:1-11 pubmed..And, the means by which assistance is provided to library users, through the use of computer and telecommunications technology, has changed dramatically. ..
- Anderson R. The organization and description of science archives in America. Isis. 2013;104:561-72 pubmed..This essay describes the development of modern archival principles and practices and discusses the impact they are having on science collections. ..
- Lynch F, Lasater M. Government documents and the online catalog. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1990;78:23-8 pubmed..Working with these publications has taught the library much about the advantages and disadvantages of cataloging government documents in an online environment...