Summary: Collections of systematically acquired and organized information resources, and usually providing assistance to users. (ERIC Thesaurus, http://www.eric.ed.gov/ accessed 2/1/2008)
- Anandan S. In search of a journal. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006;118:1278 pubmed
- Ryder H, Faloon K, Lévesque L, McDonald D. Partnering with libraries to promote walking among community-dwelling adults: a Kingston gets active pilot pedometer-lending project. Health Promot Pract. 2009;10:588-96 pubmed publisher..Pedometers have been successfully utilized to motivate and increase walking. Given that libraries are a place where community members seek health resources, they are a logical setting for increasing community ..
- Kiselyov A. Drug Discovery Technology and Development 2005 - IBC's Tenth World Congress. Filling the gaps in compound libraries and enhancing compound collections. IDrugs. 2005;8:802-4 pubmed
- Elhadi A, Kalb S, Perez Orribo L, Little A, Spetzler R, Preul M. The journey of discovering skull base anatomy in ancient Egypt and the special influence of Alexandria. Neurosurg Focus. 2012;33:E2 pubmed publisher..In this article the authors consider the beginning of this journey, from the earliest descriptions of skull base anatomy to the establishment of basic skull base anatomy in ancient Egypt. ..
- Ellis B, Roberts J, Cooper H. Establishing a national resource: a health informatics collection to maintain the legacy of health informatics development. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2007;129:1419-23 pubmed..The issues raised about the National Health Informatics Collection as established in the UK have resonance with the challenges of capturing the overall historic development of an emerging discipline in any country. ..
- Pitt W, Williams M, Steven M, Sweeney B, Bleasby A, Moss D. The Bioinformatics Template Library--generic components for biocomputing. Bioinformatics. 2001;17:729-37 pubmed..in a generic form that allows them to be flexibly combined with application specific object-oriented class libraries. The BTL is available free of charge from our web site http://www.cryst.bbk.ac...
- Lee J, Kim D, Liu K, Oh T, Lee C. Identification of flavonoids using liquid chromatography with electrospray ionization and ion trap tandem mass spectrometry with an MS/MS library. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2005;19:3539-48 pubmedSearchable MS/MS spectra libraries, constructed using the results of liquid chromatography coupled with electrospray ionization (ESI) tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) with data-dependent acquisition on an ion trap mass spectrometer, ..
- Dubois A. [Analysis of frontispieces in seventeenth-century books from the Rouen libraries collections]. Rev Hist Pharm (Paris). 2004;52:559-74 pubmed..After a short review of the Rouen libraries collections on which this study is based, five frontispieces with different set of themes are analysed: the ..
- Druin A. Children as codesigners of new technologies: valuing the imagination to transform what is possible. New Dir Youth Dev. 2010;2010:35-43 pubmed publisher..This article describes low-tech methods for brainstorming, offering feedback, and supporting creative change in technology prototype designs. Examples of technologies are discussed and insights from children shared. ..
- Nomura M. Development of Library Services for disadvantaged people: a Japanese perspective. Health Info Libr J. 2004;21 Suppl 2:69-71 pubmed
- Wilson D, Boyle G, McIntyre L, Nolan M, Parsons P, Smith J, et al. The Aromatic Head Group of Spider Toxin Polyamines Influences Toxicity to Cancer Cells. Toxins (Basel). 2017;9: pubmed publisherSpider venoms constitute incredibly diverse libraries of compounds, many of which are involved in prey capture and defence. Polyamines are often prevalent in the venom and target ionotropic glutamate receptors...
- Maas S. Translations extend reach of HCMC's books for babies program. Hospital targets East African, Hmong, Hispanic families. Minn Med. 2004;87:10 pubmed
- Fisher M. Future of the RCVS library. Vet Rec. 2002;150:491-2 pubmed
- Santos V. [Researching documents on the history of hansen's disease in Brazil]. Hist Cienc Saude Manguinhos. 2003;10:415-26 pubmed..This research is part of the International Leprosy Association Global Project on the History of Leprosy. Its results can be accessed at the site http://www.leprosyhistory.org ..
- Ewing J. 'Open access' will not be open to everyone. Nature. 2003;425:559 pubmed
- D Alessandro D, Kingsley P. Creating a pediatric digital library for pediatric health care providers and families: using literature and data to define common pediatric problems. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2002;9:161-70 pubmed..This pediatric digital library provides current, authoritative, easily accessed pediatric information whenever and wherever the PHCPs and families want assistance. ..
- Hoffmann Sommergruber K, Mills E, Vieths S. Coordinated and standardized production, purification and characterization of natural and recombinant food allergens to establish a food allergen library. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2008;52 Suppl 2:S159-65 pubmed publisher..The application of these methods and impact on the quality and performance of the final purified food allergens included in the EuroPrevall allergen library is discussed. ..
- Comben N, Windsor R. Future of the RCVS library. Vet Rec. 2002;151:219-20 pubmed
- Mauch U. [Initial reflections on the organization of knowledge in Kodex Ms. 8769 of the Biblioteca nacional in Madrid with an edition of the compendium about 'critical days', as well as comments on the structural organization of Melleus liquor physicae artis . Sudhoffs Arch. 2007;91:190-216 pubmed..The late medieval writer probably used much older scripts, that don't exsist any longer. But so they were copied and came down to us fortunately. ..
- Brown L. RCVS Library and Information Service charges. Vet Rec. 2002;151:427-8 pubmed
- Anes E. [Addenda to the list of manuscripts of the Circa Instans preserved in British libraries]. Cronos. 2005;8:139-46 pubmed..of the Latin and Middle English exemplars of the Liber de simplici medicina known to be preserved in the British Libraries. In a previous essay, I supplied an initial list of manuscripts, which is here updated with further texts ..
- Weston W. Access to scientific literature. Nature. 2002;420:19 pubmed
- Leopardi G. [In memoriam Mario Santoro]. Med Secoli. 2005;17:269-73 pubmed
- Berendsen H. Inter-union bioinformatics group report. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2003;59:777-82 pubmed
- Jiang S, Liu Y, Wang A, Qin Y, Luo M, Wu Q, et al. Construction of Comprehensive Dosage-Matching Core Histone Mutant Libraries for Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2017;207:1263-1273 pubmed publisher..Here, we present the design and construction of three additional libraries covering HTA1-HTB1, HTA2-HTB2, and HHT1-HHF1 respectively...
- Rakotonirainy M, Héraud C, Lavédrine B. Detection of viable fungal spores contaminant on documents and rapid control of the effectiveness of an ethylene oxide disinfection using ATP assay. Luminescence. 2003;18:113-21 pubmed..We showed that EC determination could be used for a rapid control of the effectiveness of a disinfection process performed with ethylene oxide. ..
- Li X, Sou C, Jun S. Protocol for Construction of a Tunable CRISPR Interference (tCRISPRi) Strain for Escherichia coli. Bio Protoc. 2017;7: pubmed publisher..most of the known problems of plasmid-based expression methods, and can be immediately used to construct libraries of sgRNAs that can complement the Keio collection by targeting both essential and nonessential genes...
- Sztuchlik J, Picha J. [Medical literature in the collections of 18th-19th century doctors and pharmacists in Cieszyn, on the basis of records kept at the Leopold Jan Szersznik Library in Cieszyn]. Med Nowozytna. 2002;9:165-76 pubmed..In this way it provides information on the medical knowledge of Cieszyn doctors on the threshold of the 18th and 19th centuries. ..
- Osterbur D, Alpi K, Canevari C, Corley P, Devare M, Gaedeke N, et al. Vignettes: Diverse library staff offering diverse bioinformatics services. J Med Libr Assoc. 2006;94:306, E188-91 pubmedThe paper gives examples of the bioinformatics services provided in a variety of different libraries by librarians with a broad range of educational background and training...
- Ortholand J, Ganesan A. Natural products and combinatorial chemistry: back to the future. Curr Opin Chem Biol. 2004;8:271-80 pubmed
- LaPelle N, Dahlen K, Gabella B, Juhl A, Martin E. Overcoming inertia: increasing public health departments' access to evidence-based information and promoting usage to inform practice. Am J Public Health. 2014;104:77-80 pubmed publisherIn 2010, the New England Region-National Network of Libraries of Medicine at University of Massachusetts Medical School received funding to improve information access for public health departments in 6 New England states and Colorado...
- Pounds K, Murphy S, Von Koss Krowchuk H. Children, libraries, and filtering software: should we regulate the internet?. MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs. 2004;29:346-7 pubmed
- Damore D. Preschool and school age activities: comparison of urban and suburban populations. J Community Health. 2002;27:203-11 pubmed..Pediatricians caring for urban children may have an important opportunity to promote participation in sports and educational activities. ..
- Mayor S. US universities review subscriptions to journal "package deals" as costs rise. BMJ. 2004;328:68 pubmed
- Conforti M, Fiorilla M. [The Lancisiana library as a resource for the transmission of medical culture]. Med Secoli. 2002;14:499-513 pubmed
- Yan G, Zhang G, Huang J, Lan Y, Sun J, Zeng C, et al. Comparative Transcriptomic Analysis Reveals Candidate Genes and Pathways Involved in Larval Settlement of the Barnacle Megabalanus volcano. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..In the present study, cDNA libraries were constructed for cyprids, the key stage for larval settlement, and adults of Megabalanus volcano...
- Chu W, Edge P, Lee H, Bansal V, Bafna V, Huang X, et al. Ultraaccurate genome sequencing and haplotyping of single human cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:12512-12517 pubmed publisher..megabase-size DNA strands into multiple nanoliter compartments for amplification and construction of barcoded libraries for sequencing...
- Lorenz S. Germany. Publishers and universities wrestle over rights. Science. 2003;299:1959 pubmed
- Ohry A. [Dr. Joseph Chazanowicz (1844-1919) and the National Library in Jerusalem]. Harefuah. 2014;153:56-7, 63 pubmed..The enlargement of this library and the collection of funds to erect a special building for it became the life-work of Chazanowicz. ..
- Humphries A, Kochi J. Providing consumer health information through institutional collaboration. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1994;82:52-6 pubmed..and obtaining a grant to offer a networked health information system to local public and community college libraries. Consumers of health information benefit from the enhanced services that result from combining the expertise of ..
- Sun X, Liu D, Tian D, Zhang X, Wu W, Wan W. The introduction of the Barbier reaction into polymer chemistry. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1210 pubmed publisher..This significantly expands the libraries of monomer and polymer, and opens up an avenue for the design and application of functional polymer materials.
- Hardwick K, Fiedler P, Lee L, Pavlik B, Hobbs R, Aronson J, et al. The role of botanic gardens in the science and practice of ecological restoration. Conserv Biol. 2011;25:265-75 pubmed publisher..We recommend botanic gardens widen research to include ecosystems as well as species, increase involvement in practical restoration projects and training practitioners, and serve as information hubs for data archiving and exchange. ..
- Datta A. Alwyne (Wyn) Cooper Wheeler (1929-2005) and the libraries of the Natural History Museum, London. Arch Nat Hist. 2009;36:70-6 pubmed..He also published catalogues of some of the library's most important art collections. This paper celebrates the collaboration between Museum scientist Wyn Wheeler and librarians at the National History Museum. ..
- Wlazło A, Górny R, Złotkowska R, Lawniczek A, Ludzeń Izbińska B, Harkawy A, et al. [Workers' exposure to selected biological agents in libraries of Upper Silesia]. Med Pr. 2008;59:159-70 pubmed..The presence of air-conditioning or ventilating system resulted in the decreased biological contamination in libraries. The identification ofmicroorganisms in bioaerosol and settled dust samples revealed the presence of strains ..
- Odling Smee L. Online resources threaten livelihood of libraries. Nature. 2007;446:958-9 pubmed
- Ainsbury E, Henshaw D. Observations on the relationship between magnetic field characteristics and exposure conditions. Phys Med Biol. 2006;51:6113-23 pubmed..We conclude that there are key differences between each of these fields. This suggests that there may be a characterizable pattern for magnetic fields in different situations. ..
- Messersmith D, Benson D, Geer R. A Web-based assessment of bioinformatics end-user support services at US universities. J Med Libr Assoc. 2006;94:299-305, E156-87 pubmed..These workshops were located at libraries (N = 15), bioinformatics centers (N = 38), or other facilities (N = 35)...
- Whitsed N. Learning and teaching. Health Info Libr J. 2006;23:73-5 pubmed
- Sathe N, Lee P, Giuse N. A power information user (PIU) model to promote information integration in Tennessee's public health community. J Med Libr Assoc. 2004;92:459-64 pubmed..b>Libraries can adapt these strategies to developing instruction and outreach...
- Playforth S. Inclusive library services for deaf people: an overview from the social model perspective. Health Info Libr J. 2004;21 Suppl 2:54-7 pubmed
- Magee M, Bowling A, COPELAND J, Fokar A, Pasquale P, Youssef G. The ABCs of diabetes: diabetes self-management education program for African Americans affects A1C, lipid-lowering agent prescriptions, and emergency department visits. Diabetes Educ. 2011;37:95-103 pubmed publisher..Observed results suggest that partnering with community-based organizations such as public libraries offers an accessible and well-received location for offering DSME programs.