drug information services
Summary: Services providing pharmaceutic and therapeutic drug information and consultation.
Publications216 found, 100 shown here
- Ask the pharmacist: an analysis of online drug information servicesErin R Holmes
School of Pharmacy, University of Mississippi, University, MS 38677 1848, USA
Ann Pharmacother 39:662-7. 2005..Given the growing number of patients seeking consultation on the Internet and the difficulty in regulating online pharmacy providers, an analysis of drug information provided by Internet pharmacies is warranted...
- Influence of commercial information on prescription quantity in primary careFrancisco Caamano
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Eur J Public Health 12:187-91. 2002..The objective of this study is to identify the effect of the perceived quality stated in commercial information, its uses, and how physicians perceive the influence it has on prescription amounts...
- Physicians' reported needs of drug information at point of care in SwedenPia Bastholm Rahmner
Centre of Medical Knowledge, Stockholm County Council, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Clin Pharmacol 73:115-25. 2012..The aim of the study was to evaluate the perceived needs for drug information among physicians in Sweden...
- Sources of information for new drugs among physicians in ThailandManeerat R Layton
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, 40002, Thailand
Pharm World Sci 29:619-27. 2007..To determine the sources and the types of information about new drugs that Thai doctors at a teaching hospital perceived as important before prescribing and to assess their views on their preferred sources of drug information...
- Quality and impact of problem-oriented drug information: a method to change clinical practice among physicians?Jan Schjøtt
Regional Drug Information Centre RELIS Vest, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 57:897-902. 2002..In this study our objective was to determine the quality and impact of problem-oriented drug information among physicians...
- GPs' opinions of public and industrial information regarding drugs: a cross-sectional studyIngmarie Skoglund
Primary Care Unit, Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Health Serv Res 11:204. 2011..Such knowledge could be valuable when designing evidence-based drug information to GPs. GPs' opinions on public- and industry-provided drug information are presented in this article...
- Promotional methods used by representatives of drug companies: a prospective survey in general practiceJesper Schramm
Research Unit for General Practice, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Scand J Prim Health Care 25:93-7. 2007..To examine the extent and composition of pharmaceutical industry representatives' marketing techniques with a particular focus on drug sampling in relation to drug age...
- GPs' thoughts on prescribing medication and evidence-based knowledge: the benefit aspect is a strong motivator. A descriptive focus group studyIngmarie Skoglund
Department of Primary Health Care, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 25:98-104. 2007..To describe GPs' thoughts of prescribing medication and evidence-based knowledge (EBM) concerning drug therapy...
- Informational content of official pharmaceutical industry web sites about treatments for erectile dysfunctionKatherine E Waack
College of Pharmacy, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 38:2029-34. 2004..In traditional direct-to-consumer advertisements, viewers are often referred to a pharmaceutical company Web site for further information...
- Lactation safety recommendations and reliability compared in 10 medication resourcesMonica Akus
Department of Pharmacy, Cambridge Health Alliance, Somerville, MA 02143, USA
Ann Pharmacother 41:1352-60. 2007..Mothers and physicians often depend on pharmacists for accurate drug information. Their information is only as good as the sources available to them...
- Do themes in consumer medicines information literature reviews reflect those important to stakeholders?Donald J Nicolson
School of Healthcare, Baines Wing University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9UT, UK
Patient Educ Couns 64:112-8. 2006..To compare the themes emerging from a stakeholder workshop on consumers' medicines information with themes in relevant published reviews...
- [Evaluation of Brazilian online pharmacies]Ana Paula Soares Gondim
Curso de Farmácia, Universidade de Fortaleza, Av Washington Soares 1321, 60811 905 Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
Rev Saude Publica 41:297-300. 2007..Since health control and drug commerce in Brazilian online pharmacies have not been yet regulated by proper government agencies, these gaps found in the sites can pose risk to the users' health...
- Pharmacokinetic studies in pregnant womenG J Anger
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Pharmacol Ther 83:184-7. 2008..The purpose of this report is to highlight this issue and illustrate how current methods used to obtain PK data in pregnancy are insufficient. The steps that are being taken to address this issue will also be discussed...
- Outcomes of an educational-outreach service for community medical practitioners: non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugsF W May
Pharmacy Department, Repatriation General Hospital, Daw Park, SA
Med J Aust 170:471-4. 1999..Exploration of longer-term outcomes of an ongoing educational-outreach service for community doctors...
- Personal digital assistant-based drug information sources: potential to improve medication safetyKimberly A Galt
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, Creighton University, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 93:229-36. 2005..This study compared the potential for personal digital assistant (PDA)-based drug information sources to minimize potential medication errors dependent on accurate and complete drug information at the point of care...
- Influence of an e-mail with a drug information attachment on sales of prescribed drugs: a randomized controlled studyChristina Edward
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
BMC Clin Pharmacol 7:12. 2007..The objective of the present study was to evaluate if an e-mail with a drug information attachment has effects on sales of prescribed drugs and if the design of the attachment is of importance...
- Evaluation of five full-text drug databases by pharmacy students, faculty, and librarians: do the groups agree?Natalie Kupferberg
Biological Sciences Pharmacy Library, The Ohio State University, 102 Riffe Building, 496 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 92:66-71. 2004..Study findings and recommendations are offered as guidance to librarians responsible for purchasing decisions...
- What information do physicians receive from pharmaceutical representatives?J Lexchin
Can Fam Physician 43:941-5. 1997..To assess the information pharmaceutical sales representatives provide to physicians...
- Evaluation of drug information databases for personal digital assistantsKevin A Clauson
Nova Southeastern University Drug Information Center, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 61:1015-24. 2004..Core and supplemental drug information databases available for use with personal digital assistants (PDAs) were evaluated...
- Advice on drug safety in pregnancy: are there differences between commonly used sources of information?Sofia K Frost Widnes
Regional Drug Information Centre RELIS Vest, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Drug Saf 31:799-806. 2008....
- Evaluation of electronic databases used to identify solid oral dosage formsCarol G Raschke
Westside Regional Medical Center, Plantation, FL, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 60:1735-40. 2003..A combination of electronic drug identification databases provides the best method of drug identification in an institutional setting...
- Drug-information software for Palm operating system personal digital assistants: breadth, clinical dependability, and ease of useShelly J Enders
Pharmacy Practice Division, St Louis College of Pharmacy, Missouri 63110, USA
Pharmacotherapy 22:1036-40. 2002..To examine the breadth, clinical dependability, and ease of use of drug-information software programs for personal digital assistants that incorporate the Palm operating system...
- Evaluation of online drug references for identifying over-the-counter solid oral dosage formsS Jay Weaver
ACS State Healthcare Atlanta, GA, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 44:694-9. 2004..To evaluate six drug references for their usefulness in identifying over-the-counter (OTC) solid oral dosage forms (SODFs)...
- [It's possible to influence prescriptions patterns by producer-independent information]Sigurd Vitols
Avdelningen för klinisk farmakologi, Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Lakartidningen 101:2573-5. 2004..The finding underlines the need for repeated information when effects on prescription habits are wanted...
- [Public health research with statutory health insurance drug data]K Janhsen
Bremer Institut für Präventionsforschung und Sozialmedizin, Bremen
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 47:521-5. 2004..This article describes the background and development of using routine data from health insurance companies for scientific purposes and discusses potentials and limitations of such data for public health research...
- Findings from the ISMP Medication Safety Self-Assessment for hospitalsJudy L Smetzer
Institute for Safe Medication Practices ISMP, Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Saf 29:586-97. 2003..Hospital medication practices should be assessed, awareness of the characteristics of a safe medication system heightened, and baseline data to identify national priorities established...
- Institutionwide medication safety programMarjorie A Phillips
Pharmacy Department, Medical College of Georgia Health System, Augusta, GA, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 60:2198-200. 2003
- The economics of direct-to-consumer advertising of prescription-only drugs: prescribed to improve consumer welfare?Steven Morgan
Centre for Health Services and Policy Research, University of British Columbia, 429 2194 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Health Serv Res Policy 8:237-44. 2003....
- [Prescription medicines information: Spanish general population survey]X Badia Llach
Grupo Health Outcomes Research Europe, Barcelona, Spain
Aten Primaria 36:93-9. 2005..Design. Cross-sectional descriptive study through telephone interviews. Setting. Spanish general population. February-March 2003...
- Optimizing information on drug exposure by collection of package code information in questionnaire surveysR Quinzler
Department of Internal Medicine VI, Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacoepidemiology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:1024-30. 2007..We aimed to assess the benefit and quality of PZN information collected in self-completed questionnaires...
- The information sources used by community nurse prescribersJason Hall
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Br J Nurs 12:810-8. 2003..Organizations seeking to influence evidence-based practice should consider the method of communication in addition to the message...
- Community pharmacy in AustraliaShalom I Benrimoj
Faculty of Pharmacy, The University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Aust Health Rev 28:238-46. 2004....
- Producing an information leaflet to help patients access high quality drug information on the Internet: a local studyBridget Coleman
Pharmacy Department, Whittington Hospital, Highgate Hill, London, UK
Health Info Libr J 20:160-71. 2003..To develop a patient information leaflet (PIL) to help local patients meet their drug information needs using the Internet, and to perform a preliminary evaluation of this tool...
- Drug recalls and notification of practitionersMary Faut Rodts
Orthop Nurs 23:353-4. 2004
- Strategies for acquiring affordable medications for seniorsKathy J Morris
Council Bluffs Community Health Center, 300 West Broadway, Suite 6, Council Bluffs, IA, 51503, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 40:51-62, vi. 2005..Some community healthcenters offer access to prescriptions at decreased costs through fed-eral programs. This article explores the various options availableto senior citizens so that nurses may act as advocates for thesepatients...
- Analysis of German package insertsJ Fuchs
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 44:8-13. 2006..Despite efforts of the European or national regulatory authorities and manufacturers to improve the readability and comprehensiveness of package inserts, they are still the subject of critical discussion...
- Development of a pharmacy-managed medication dictionary in a newly implemented computerized prescriber order-entry systemDiane Soulliard
Department of Pharmacy, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 1 Deaconess Road, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 61:617-22. 2004
- Clinical pharmacists save thousands of lives: big decrease in dose-related adverse effectsJ Robert Powell
Food and Drug Administration, Office of Clinical Pharmacology and Biopharmaceutics, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Pharmacotherapy 24:422-5. 2004
- Patient counseling provided in community pharmacies: effects of state regulation, pharmacist age, and busynessBonnie L Svarstad
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison 53705, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 44:22-9. 2004....
- Do pharmacists' reports of adverse drug reactions reflect patients' concerns?Kees van Grootheest
Netherlands Pharmacovigilance Centre Lareb, Goudsbloemvallei 7, 5237 MH s Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Pharm World Sci 26:155-9. 2004....
- [Clinical pharmacist improves the use of drugs in hospital]Piia Pretsch
Sykehusapotekene ANS, Sykehusapoteket Aker, Trondheimsveien 235, 0514 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 124:1923-5. 2004..We investigated how a clinical pharmacist can contribute to quality assurance of the use of drugs for inpatients in a respiratory ward...
- Drug information in Zimbabwe: 1990-1999Douglas E Ball
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Faculty of Pharmacy, Health Sciences Center, University of Kuwait, 24923, Safat, 13110, Kuwait
Pharm World Sci 29:131-6. 2007..To assess the utilisation and development of the Zimbabwe Drug And Toxicology Information Service (DATIS) SETTING: The national drug and poisons information centre in Harare, Zimbabwe...
- Is the information "fair and balanced" in direct-to-consumer prescription drug websites?Jisu Huh
School of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Health Commun 9:529-40. 2004..This study suggests directions for regulators to consider in writing a more specific rule to ensure that information on prescription drug websites is balanced...
- Short communication: a study on the packaging information of essential drug products used at Union and Thana health complex level in BangladeshShah Amran
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science, Rajshahi University, Rajshahi 6205, Bangladesh
Pak J Pharm Sci 20:327-32. 2007..This study was aimed at examining the extent of the packaging information provided in the secondary packaging items...
- German national drug information service: user satisfaction and potential positive patient outcomesThilo Bertsche
Centre for Drug Information and Pharmacy Practice ZAPP, ABDA Federal Union of German Associations of Pharmacists, Jaegerstrasse 49 50, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Pharm World Sci 29:167-72. 2007..Our objectives were to assess user's satisfaction with the DIS and to identify any patient-related benefits based on the user's judgment...
- Electronic prescribing reduces errors and improves patient safetyRebel Ward-McKnight
Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care, USA
J Ark Med Soc 104:60-1. 2007
- Drug promotional practices in Mumbai: a qualitative studyNobhojit Roy
Forum for Medical Ethics, Mumbai, India
Indian J Med Ethics 4:57-61. 2007..The study also reinforced our impression that medical representatives are the least powerful of the four groups...
- [Survival skills in the flood of pharmaceutical information]Arja Helin-Salmivaara
Suomalainen Lääkäriseura Duodecim, ROHTO PL 713, 00101 Helsinki
Duodecim 118:41-6. 2002
- Infovigilance: reporting errors in official drug information sourcesIsabelle Fusier
Centre National Hospitalier d Information sur le Medicament, CNHIM, Hopital Bicetre, 78, rue du General Leclerc, BP 11, 94272, Le Kremlin Bicetre Cedex, France
Pharm World Sci 27:166-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact of CNHIM infovigilance on the contents of the Summary of Product Characteristics (SPCs)...
- Adverse drug reactions in patients older than 70 years during the heat wave occurred in France in summer 2003: A study from the French PharmacoVigilance DatabaseF Michenot
Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, centre Midi Pyrénées de pharmacovigilance, de Pharmacoepidemiologie et d Informations sur le Medicament, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse, France
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:735-40. 2006....
- Pharmaceutical company internet sites as sources of information about antidepressant medicationsMark A Graber
Department of Family Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52246, USA
CNS Drugs 16:419-23. 2002..To determine the informational content of nine pharmaceutical company websites about the antidepressant medication marketed by the company...
- [Written drug information: do patients benefit?]Rasmus Rabøl
H S Bispebjerg Hospital, Klinik I, medicinsk center og klinisk farmakologisk enhed
Ugeskr Laeger 164:2509-13. 2002..The impact on patient knowledge, satisfaction, and attitude towards taking medicine was examined, as was the patients' evaluation of the information material...
- Critical evaluation of the claims made by pharmaceutical companies in drug promotional material in PakistanDileep Kumar Rohra
Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, The Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
J Pharm Pharm Sci 9:50-9. 2006..Objectives. To audit the drug promotional claims made by the pharmaceutical companies in Pakistan...
- An algorithm to derive a numerical daily dose from unstructured text dosage instructionsAnoop D Shah
General Practice Research Database Division, Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, London, UK
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:161-6. 2006..The objective was to develop and assess the validity of an automated algorithm to derive the daily dose from text dosage instructions...
- Medication error in the care of HIV/AIDS patients: electronic surveillance, confirmation, and adverse eventsGerald N DeLorenze
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, California 94602, USA
Med Care 43:III63-8. 2005..Medication error occurring during the care of HIV-infected patients may lead to treatment failure, drug toxicity, or even death...
- Direct-to-consumer advertising of COX-2 inhibitors: effect on appropriateness of prescribingMichele M Spence
Kaiser Permanente, USA
Med Care Res Rev 62:544-59. 2005..Findings also suggest that some patients may benefit from DTCA. The authors discuss the need for balanced drug information for consumers, increased physician vigilance in prescribing appropriately, and further study of DTCA...
- [Drugs for children--when temporary solutions become routine]Betty Kalikstad
Universitetet i Oslo, Barneklinikken, Rikshospitalet, 0027 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 126:930-2. 2006
- 2004 AANP National Nurse Practitioner Sample Survey, Part II: nurse practitioner prescribingMary Jo Goolsby
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, Austin, TX, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 17:506-11. 2005
- Influencing prescribing through effective communication skillsShaun F Young
Harvard Business School, 607 HBS Student Mail Center, Boston, MA 02163, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:2528-30. 2005
- Innovative solutions: pharmacy and nursing collaboration on a high-risk medication projectMary Martin
Pharmacy Services, Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ 85006, USA
Dimens Crit Care Nurs 25:29-32. 2006..The project encompassed policy creation, nursing education, identification and evaluation of HRHA medications, and facility-wide distribution of information related to high-risk and high-alert medications...
- [Attitudes of general practitioners to pharmaceutical sales representatives in Sousse]A Ben Abdelaziz
Department of Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Ibn El Jazzar, Sousse, Tunisia
East Mediterr Health J 9:1075-83. 2003..Controlling the validity of the therapeutic information imparted by the pharmaceutical industry is thus a fundamental component of the programme for the rational use of medicines...
- A defense of the learned intermediary doctrineRichard B Goetz
O Melveny and Myers L L P, Los Angeles, California, USA
Food Drug Law J 63:421-38. 2008
- [An examination in comparison Web site with other root on the revised information of drug package insert]Kiyoshi Okuyama
Hachioji Medical Center, Tokyo Medical University, Hachioji, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 125:639-42. 2005..From these results, it is suggested that there are variations in the information from each pharmaceutical company on the PMDA site although the site is excellent in terms of comprehensibility...
- Paediatric medicines research in the UK: how to move forward?Ian Wong
The School of Pharmacy, University of London, London, United Kingdom
Drug Saf 26:529-37. 2003..Finally, regulatory authorities, healthcare professionals and academics need to rethink the research strategy in order to provide better medicines for children...
- Contraindication labelling changes in the United States and GermanyEdeltraut Garbe
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 63:87-93. 2007..Contraindication labelling provides the strongest safety-based guidance for the health care practitioner. In this study, the labelling of new contraindications between the United States (US) and Germany was compared...
- Implementation of a professional program in Finnish community pharmacies in 2000-2002Heli Kansanaho
Division of Social Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Helsinki, P O Box 56 Viikinkaari 5 E, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Patient Educ Couns 57:272-9. 2005..Future challenges in implementation will be a better commitment of the pharmacy owners to the goals of the national professional strategy and a better access to Internet-based drug information sources while counselling patients...
- Using the ISMP Medication Safety Self-Assessment to improve medication use processesTimothy Lesar
Albany Medical Center, Albany, New York, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Saf 29:211-26. 2003....
- [Basic study to establish medication safety culture with patient-commitment style in community pharmacy: An examination from meeting reports]Mitsuko Onda
Clinical Laboratory of Practical Pharmacy, Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 4 20 1 Nasahara, Takatsuki City 569 1094, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 127:2075-8. 2007....
- [Computerized decision support in drug prescribing II: A national database to provide up-to-date and unbiased information]Lars L Gustafsson
Avdelningen för klinisk farmakologi, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge Universitetssjukhus
Lakartidningen 100:1338-40, 1343-4. 2003....
- Effects of a national medication education program in Taiwan to change the public's perceptions of the roles and functions of pharmacistsMing Fang Wen
National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Patient Educ Couns 65:303-10. 2007..To evaluate the effect of a national medication education program on public's perceptions of the roles and functions of pharmacists in Taiwan...
- [What doctors expect of a pharmacist's work--how a pharmacist is evaluated by doctors]Yoshiaki Matsumoto
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Showa Pharmaceutical University, 3 3165 Higashitamagawagakuen, Machida, Tokyo 194 8543, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 123:173-8. 2003..In addition, doctors want pharmacists to have more knowledge on pharmacotherapy. These results clearly show what doctors expect of a pharmacist's work...
- [The expected role of community pharmacist in society]Sei ichiro Hayashi
Central Pharmaceutical Information Center, Japan Pharmaceutical Association, Nagai Memorial Building 4F, 2 12 15 Shibuya, Shibuya ku, Tokyo 150 8389, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 123:163-71. 2003..In addition, counseling on anxiety and worries about health may be necessary. Bungyo has also affected drug distribution. In this field, the role of community pharmacists in providing drug information may markedly change in the future...
- [Information regarding adverse drug effects and treatment indications ("package inserts") exemplified by cervistatin (Lipobay)]Robert N Braun
Arbeitsgemeinschaft zur Erforschung der Allgemeinmedizin, Lüt zowgasse 6 3 21, A 1140 Wien
Wien Med Wochenschr 153:80-2. 2003..Thus they have to rely on their doctors choice regarding the danger outlined in the inserts. In that respect packing inserts could be improved...
- [Home visits by a pharmacist after discharge from hospital]Synnøve Bergheim
Sykehusapoteket Lørenskog 1474 Nordbyhagen
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 128:567-9. 2008..This pilot study aims at investigating the feasibility and acceptance of improved written discharge information and home visits (by a pharmacist) to elderly patients who have newly been discharged from a medical department in a hospital...
- Patient information leaflets--helpful guidance or a source of confusion?Lars Bjerrum
Research Unit of General Practice, University of Southern Denmark, DK 5000 Odense, Denmark
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 12:55-9. 2003..Patients may therefore receive different drug information when they renew prescriptions for the same generic drug...
- Adverse-drug-event data provided by pharmaceutical companiesMagdalena E Cudny
Stanford Hospital and Clinics, Stanford, CA 94304, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 65:1071-5. 2008....
- Introduction to medication errors and the error prevention initiatives in a teaching hospital in Western NepalArun Kumar Dubey
Department of Pharmacology, Manipal Teaching Hospital, Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara, Nepal
Pak J Pharm Sci 19:244-51. 2006....
- Generics market in Greece: the pharmaceutical industry's beliefsMary Geitona
Department of Economics, University of Thessaly, 43 Korai Str, Volos 38 221, Greece
Health Policy 79:35-48. 2006..Finally, the respondents expressed their preference for the introduction of pharmacoeconomic submissions for drugs' reimbursement by social insurance funds...
- [Prescription errors--dimension and measures]Svein Haavik
Institutt for apotekforskning AS, Kalfarveien 31, 5018 Bergen
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 126:296-8. 2006..The information given on the prescription also forms the basis for reimbursement of drug expenses. Knowledge of prescription errors may improve the procedures of the prescribing physician and the pharmacy...
- Clinical pharmacy services, hospital pharmacy staffing, and medication errors in United States hospitalsC A Bond
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Amarillo, 79106, USA
Pharmacotherapy 22:134-47. 2002..pharmacy services in the 1081 study hospitals were drug-use evaluation (21,372 more medication errors), drug information services (26,738 fewer medication errors), adverse drug reaction management (44,803 fewer medication errors), ..
- Improving access to computer-based library and drug information services in patient-care areasR C Tobia
Public Services, Briscoe Library, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78284
Am J Hosp Pharm 47:137-42. 1990..Although it is difficult to replace the convenience of an onsite library, at least some drug and biomedical information needs in the clinical setting can be met through computer networking...
- ASHP national survey of pharmacy practice in hospital settings: prescribing and transcribing--2004Craig A Pedersen
Division of Pharmacy Practice and Administration, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, 500 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210 1291, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:378-90. 2005..Results of the 2004 ASHP national survey of pharmacy practice in hospital settings that pertain to prescribing and transcribing are presented...
- Providing nighttime pharmaceutical services through telepharmacyChristopher A Keeys
MedNovations, Inc, 7245 Hanover Parkway, Suite C, Greenbelt, MD 20770, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 59:716-21. 2002..Prospective order review, drug information services, and clinical pharmacy consultations were all provided under the new model...
- A systematic review of the clinical and economic impact of drug information services on patient outcomeDavid Hands
South and West Drug Information Centre, Southampton, UK
Pharm World Sci 24:132-8. 2002..To establish what is known about the clinical and economic impact of drug information (DI) services on patient outcome...
- Drug information resources in the Veterans Affairs healthcare systemL M Haynes
School of Pharmacy, University of Illinois, Chicago, USA
Hosp Pharm 30:297-301. 1995Results of a survey characterizing drug information services and resources from a defined practice area are presented. At the end of 1992, a questionnaire was mailed to 167 Veterans Affairs Medical Centers and Outpatient Clinics...
- [Consultation activity of two Slovak centres for pharmacotherapy during pregnancy and lactation]J Tisonova
Farmakologický ústav LF UK, Bratislava
Cas Lek Cesk 145:154-7; discussion 158-9. 2006....
- Pharmacy interns on the ward--a pilot studyAndrea Gerdemann
Center for Drug Information and Pharmacy Practice ZAPP, ABDA Federal Union of German Associations of Pharmacists, Jaegerstrasse 49 50, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Pharm World Sci 29:34-8. 2007..To assess the feasibility and impact of the activities of pharmacy interns on German hospital wards as well as the acceptance of their activities by medical and pharmaceutical staff...
- Addiction research centres and the nurturing of creativity. Monitoring the European drug situation: the ongoing challenge for the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA)Paul Griffiths
European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction, Lisbon, Portugal
Addiction 107:254-8. 2012....
- Patient education: the cornerstone of successful oral chemotherapy treatmentKristine Hartigan
Redwood Regional Oncology Center, Santa Rosa, CA, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 7:21-4. 2003..This article reviews the process of teaching patients about oral chemotherapy and discusses the unique patient education challenges associated with orally administered chemotherapy...
- Problems in distribution of scientific knowledge: intrauterine contraceptive devices and drug catalogsK Makkonen
Department of Public Health, University of Helsinki, Finland
Int J Health Serv 23:173-83. 1993..The results of this study demonstrate (1) that more attention should be paid to the contents of these catalogs, and (2) the continuous need for up-to-date, unbiased drug information...
- The launch of the British National Formulary for ChildrenA Elias-Jones
Department of Paediatrics, Leicester Royal Infirmary, UK
Arch Dis Child 90:997-8. 2005
- Physician preferences for continuing medical education with a focus on the topic of antimicrobial resistance: Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of AmericaT T Brown
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, United States Department of Health and Human Services, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 22:656-60. 2001..99, df=4, P=.0982). CONCLUSIONS: This study provides an understanding of how physicians learn, prefer to learn, and implement best practices for optimal patient outcomes in decreasing the spread of antimicrobial resistance...
- Computerized prescribing: building the electronic infrastructure for better medication usageG D Schiff
Department of Medicine, Cook County Hospital, Chicago, Ill 60612, USA
JAMA 279:1024-9. 1998..Development of this tool has been impeded by a number of conceptual, implementation, and policy barriers. Overcoming these constraints will require clinically and professionally guided vision and leadership...
- Evaluating the impact of public health notification: Duke clopidogrel experienceEric L Eisenstein
Duke Clinical Research Institute and Duke Translational Medicine Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 5:767-74. 2012..We evaluated whether public health interventions were associated with changes in patient-reported clopidogrel use among DES patients...
- [Communication and transparency concerning risk-benefit analysis in public health: the example of medication]J P Lehner
, , BP 82, 92355 Le Plessis Robinson, France
Therapie 56:335-9. 2001..This report summarizes the discussion between the authorities and pharmaceutical companies and reports the different concrete proposals that emerged...
- [Compassionate use mechanisms in Europe]Naoyuki Sugimura
Regulatory Affairs Department, Nihon Schering K K
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 34:287-9. 2007..The current Japanese "Private Import System" has caused some problems. I think that we need an appropriate "Compassionate Use system" in Japan...
- [Non-information from a drug industry]Paul Møller
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 124:1829-30; author reply 1830. 2004
- Directory of pharmacist-operated drug information centers in the United States--2003Tina Koumis
International Drug Information Center, Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Long Island University, 75 DeKalb Avenue, Room HS 509, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 61:2033-42. 2004
- Drug policy: an oxymoron?Jean Gray
Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Healthc Pap 3:56-62; discussion 87-94. 2002..quot; It is time to re-examine the current approach to decision-making about pharmaceuticals and to identify a process that allows all Canadians to receive the care that was promised with the passage of the Canada Health Act...
- Clinical decision support tools: performance of personal digital assistant versus online drug information databasesKevin A Clauson
College of Pharmacy West Palm Beach, Nova Southeastern University, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 33410, USA
Pharmacotherapy 27:1651-8. 2007..To evaluate personal digital assistant (PDA) drug information databases used to support clinical decision-making, and to compare the performance of PDA databases with their online versions...
- [Weak report about antidepressive agents from the Knowledge Center]Jørgen G Bramness
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 127:3236-7. 2007
- Colorectal Cancer Screening in Primary Care PracticeSteven Ornstein; Fiscal Year: 2009..A mixed-method process evaluation will also be conducted to assess the adoption of PPRNet-TRIP within participating practices. ..
- A Team Model of Hypertension Care in African AmericansBonnie Svarstad; Fiscal Year: 2008..The study is unique because it tests relatively simple and low cost interventions in the community pharmacy, an environment which is one of the most readily accessible components of the health care system. ..
- DRUG RESISTANCE IN MALARIACAROL SIBLEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..When completed their experiments will provide a detailed understanding of the mutations that modify function of the Pf-DHFR and Pf-DHPS enzymes or sensitivity of the enzymes to antifolate drugs. ..
- Comparative Safety and Effectiveness of Stimulants in Medicaid Youth with ADHDAlmut G Winterstein; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- RESEARCH ETHICS IN SCHIZOPHRENIAWilliam Carpenter; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neurocognitive Consequences of Long-Term Ecstasy UseJohn Halpern; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of this study will improve our understanding of the nature, extent, and correlates of ecstasy-associated residual cognitive deficits. ..
- Optimizing NNRTI Doses in Patients with HIV and TBTerrence Blaschke; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of beta-blocker induced improvements in asthmaRICHARD AGUSTIN BOND; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using a murine antigen driven 3=(n' 0 moo +L' 0p., >_E Off' :.(n ECM (II :.. O-0 o-- (Q' 6C' 0-: ..
- Antifolates as Antimalarial DrugsCAROL SIBLEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..We think that this in depth understanding of antifolate action in the parasites will ensure that WR99210 will be developed as a useful drug for the long haul against P. falciparum and P. vivax. ..
- RISK FACTORS FOR PHENYTOIN TOXICITYSean Hennessy; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Consumer Influences of Treatment of DepressionRichard Kravitz; Fiscal Year: 2004..e., should DTCA be further regulated?) while also contributing to our understanding of the social influences on diagnosis and treatment of depression in primary care settings. ..
- COGNITIVE EFFECTS OF SUBSTANCE USE IN NATIVE AMERICANSJohn Halpern; Fiscal Year: 2003..Pope and other investigators at the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Research Center. This program will enable Dr. Halpern to become an experienced investigator, capable of designing and performing future studies independently. ..
- TREATMENT OF NEGATIVE SYMPTOMS & COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENTSWilliam Carpenter; Fiscal Year: 2003..The study will provide new information on the efficacy of d- cyclosporine and glycine for both persistent primary and secondary negative symptoms and its effect on cognitive functioning. ..
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionRobert Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- Enhanced Prescription Drug Label Design to Improve Patient Understanding and UseMichael S Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will advance the science related to Rx labeling practices. Findings will directly inform clinical practice and state and federal policies for improving patient medication information and safety. ..
- Creighton Health Services Research Development ProjectKimberly Galt; Fiscal Year: 2007..Funding of this BRIC will facilitate the capacity needed to advance the Creighton University's health services research mission in a more rapid and sustainable fashion. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..