Summary: The use of statistical methods in the analysis of a body of literature to reveal the historical development of subject fields and patterns of authorship, publication, and use. Formerly called statistical bibliography. (from The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983)
Publications283 found, 100 shown here
- National representation in the anaesthesia literature: a bibliometric analysis of highly cited anaesthesia journalsM D Bould
Department of Anesthesiology, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Canada
Anaesthesia 65:799-804. 2010..3%. There were more articles published by middle-income countries during the study period than a decade earlier, notably from Turkey, China and India. We discuss barriers to publications from low-income countries...
- The misused impact factorKai Simons
Science 322:165. 2008
- Comparison of SCImago journal rank indicator with journal impact factorMatthew E Falagas
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Athens, Greece
FASEB J 22:2623-8. 2008....
- Interfield dysbalances in research input and output benchmarking: visualisation by density equalizing proceduresBeatrix Groneberg-Kloft
Otto Heubner Centre, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Free University Berlin and Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Int J Health Geogr 7:48. 2008..Germany was used as a high income model country. For the areas of cardiovascular and respiratory medicine density equalizing mapping procedures visualized major geographical differences in both input and output markers...
- A bibliometric analysis by geographic area of published research in several biomedical fields, 1995-2003Matthew E Falagas
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Athens, Greece
CMAJ 175:1389-90. 2006..However, after adjustments for GDP, Canada ranked first, with the United States and Oceania following closely behind. All of the developing regions had only small research contributions in all of the biomedical fields examined...
- Critical appraisal of qualitative research in clinical journals challengedJoanna E M Sale
Arthritis Rheum 53:314-6. 2005
- Systematic reviews and original articles differ in relevance, novelty, and use in an evidence-based service for physicians: PLUS projectR James McKinlay
Health Information Research Unit, Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 61:449-54. 2008..To describe the ratings from physicians, and use by physicians, of high quality, clinically pertinent original articles and systematic reviews from over 110 clinical journals and the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSRs)...
- The publication echo: effects of retrieving literature in PubMed by year of publicationCord Spreckelsen
Institut for Medical Informatics, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Int J Med Inform 79:297-303. 2010..The Technical Note aims at systematically investing the effect (referred to as the publication echo), clarifying onset and extent of the publication echo, and comments on its impact...
- The scientific impact of nationsDavid A King
Office of Science and Technology, 1 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0ET, UK
Nature 430:311-6. 2004
- Design and analysis of group-randomized trials: a review of recent practicesSherri P Varnell
NorthropGrumman Mission Systems, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Public Health 94:393-9. 2004..Hence increased vigilance is needed to ensure that appropriate methods for GRTs are employed and that results based on inappropriate methods are not published...
- Reliability of disclosure forms of authors' contributionsVesna Ilakovac
Department of Medical Statistics and Medical Informatics, School of Medicine, Josip Juraj Strossmayer University, Osijek, Croatia
CMAJ 176:41-6. 2007..We sought to analyze how autobiographical memory, defined as memory for events and issues related to oneself, affected the reliability of contribution forms for the judging of authorship of research articles...
- A MEDLINE categorization algorithmStefan J Darmoni
CISMeF, Rouen University Hospital, 76031 Rouen, France
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 6:7. 2006..The categorization refines the retrieval of indexed material. In the CISMeF terminology, metaterms can be considered as super-concepts. They were primarily conceived to improve recall in the CISMeF quality-controlled health gateway...
- Research articles published in clinical radiology journals: trend of contribution from different countriesMahbubur Rahman
Clinical Practice Evaluation and Research Center, St Luke s Life Science Institute and Department of Radiology, St Luke s International Hospital, Akashi cho 9 1, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 8560, Japan
Acad Radiol 12:825-9. 2005..To determine different countries' trend of contribution to clinical radiology journals and its relationship with impact factor...
- The lack of public health research output from IndiaLalit Dandona
Centre for Public Health Research, Administrative Staff College of India, Raj Bhavan Road, Hyderabad 500 082, India
BMC Public Health 4:55. 2004..This information would help understand the areas in health research that need improvement in India to enhance the health of India's population...
- A quantitative analysis of medical publications from Arab countriesSami F Shaban
Department of Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, UAE University, Al-Ain, United Arab Emirates
Saudi Med J 24:294-6. 2003..3 per one billion average yearly GDP. CONCLUSION: Normalizing publications by different indicators is important as results may vary when using different normalizing indicators or no normalization at all...
- Sense and nonsense about the impact factorT Opthof
Department of Clinical and Experimental Cardiology, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 33:1-7. 1997..For the latter a scientific basis is lacking, as we will demonstrate in this contribution...
- Comparisons of citations in Web of Science, Scopus, and Google Scholar for articles published in general medical journalsAbhaya V Kulkarni
Hospital for Sick Children, Room 1503, 555 University Ave, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1X8
JAMA 302:1092-6. 2009..Until recently, Web of Science was the only database available to track citation counts for published articles. Other databases are now available, but their relative performance has not been established...
- The e-index, complementing the h-index for excess citationsChun Ting Zhang
Department of Physics, Tianjin University, Tianjin, China
PLoS ONE 4:e5429. 2009....
- News media tracking of tobacco control: a review of sampling methodologiesW Douglas Evans
RTI International, Washington, DC 20036, USA
J Health Commun 10:403-17. 2005..None of these strategies showed a substantial deviation from the 2000 census of articles. We conclude that sampling coverage can produce estimates statistically equivalent to a census. Researchers should utilize coverage sampling...
- Evaluating "payback" on biomedical research from papers cited in clinical guidelines: applied bibliometric studyJ Grant
Policy Unit, Wellcome Trust, London NW1 2BE
BMJ 320:1107-11. 2000..To develop a methodology for evaluating the impact of research on health care, and to characterise the papers cited on clinical guidelines...
- Contradicted and initially stronger effects in highly cited clinical researchJohn P A Ioannidis
Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, University of Ioannina School of Medicine, Ioannina, Greece
JAMA 294:218-28. 2005..Controversy and uncertainty ensue when the results of clinical research on the effectiveness of interventions are subsequently contradicted. Controversies are most prominent when high-impact research is involved...
- Challenging the tyranny of impact factorsDavid Colquhoun
Nature 423:479; discussion 480. 2003
- The association between impact factors and language of general internal medicine journalsPaul S Mueller
Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Swiss Med Wkly 136:441-3. 2006..The mean log impact factors of the journals by language, country of origin, and a combination of country of origin and language were compared...
- Who publishes in leading general surgical journals? The divide between the developed and developing worldsKamal Kumar Mahawar
Department of Surgery, Darlington Memorial Hospital, Darlington, UK
Asian J Surg 29:140-4. 2006..Most articles in top general surgical journals seem to originate from a limited few developed countries. The purpose of this study was to establish which countries publish the most in leading general surgical journals...
- Statistical methods in the journalNicholas J Horton
N Engl J Med 353:1977-9. 2005
- An editor's view of telemedicineRichard Wootton
Centre for Online Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Telemed Telecare 10:311-7. 2004..However, there have been remarkably few studies of telemedicine's cost-effectiveness, which must represent a sign of its immaturity. On balance, the evidence seems to indicate that telemedicine research is in a healthy state...
- An analysis of the specialized literature in the field of telemedicineGeorge Demiris
Department of Health Management and Informatics, University of Missouri Columbia, 324 Clark Hall, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Telemed Telecare 11:316-9. 2005..The present study shows that publications in telemedicine cover a wide range, both geographically and in terms of clinical disciplines. This suggests that the field of telemedicine is maturing...
- Publication output in telemedicine during the period January 1964 to July 2003Patrizia L Moser
Department of Pathology, University of Innsbruck, Austria
J Telemed Telecare 10:72-7. 2004..There were significant correlations between telemedicine publications per capita and HDI (r = -0.60), number of PCs per 1000 inhabitants (r = 0.73) and gross national product per capita (r = 0.69), but not population density (r = -0.12)...
- Publication output in telemedicine in SpainFrancisco Gonzalez
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine and Catedra de Telemedicina de Telefonica, University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
J Telemed Telecare 11:23-8. 2005..There is an unequal geographical and institutional distribution of publications. The highest production is concentrated in a few institutions and only a small number of authors show steady research activity...
- Total research productivity in a pathology disciplineA S Wierzbicki
St Thomas s Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London SE1 7EH, UK
J Clin Pathol 55:495-8. 2002..To investigate the research productivity of all staff in chemical pathology...
- Free journal-ranking tool enters citation marketDeclan Butler
Nature 451:6. 2008
- Mapping the domain of medical informaticsM J Schuemie
Department of Medical Informatics, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Methods Inf Med 48:76-83. 2009..The domain of medical informatics (MI) is not well defined. It covers a wide range of research topics. Our objective is to characterize the field of MI by means of the scientific literature in this domain...
- How to use bibliometric methods in evaluation of scientific research? An example from Finnish schizophrenia researchJohanna Koskinen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oulu and Oulu University Hospital, Finland
Nord J Psychiatry 62:136-43. 2008..According to our experience, these methods can be used as an evaluation instrument in research together with other methods, such as expert opinions and panels...
- Bibliometrics: a potential decision making aid in hiring, reappointment, tenure and promotion decisionsGary Holden
DSW, Room 407, MC 6112, New York University, School of Social Work, 1 Washington Square North, New York, NY 10003, USA
Soc Work Health Care 41:67-92. 2005..The primary goal of this paper is to stimulate discussion regarding scholarship assessment in hiring, reappointment, tenure and promotion decisions...
- Rating Pakistani medical journals using the principles of citation analysisMidrar Ullah
Army Medical College, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Health Info Libr J 25:50-4. 2008..To quantify the impact of Pakistani Medical Journals using the principles of citation analysis...
- Rating health web sites using the principles of citation analysis: a bibliometric approachL Cui
Faculty of Medical Library and Information Sciences, China Medical University, Shenyang, 110001, P R China
J Med Internet Res 1:E4. 1999..The identification of the current, core section of health sciences related web sites with a bibliometric method gives librarians and information scientists another approach for evaluating web sites...
- European and US publications in the 50 highest ranking pathology journals from 2000 to 2006F R Fritzsche
Institute of Pathology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Pathol 61:474-81. 2008..To analyse the contributions of the 15 primary member states of the European Union and selected non-European countries to pathological research between 2000 and 2006...
- Publication trends in the medical informatics literature: 20 years of "Medical Informatics" in MeSHJonathan P Deshazo
Department of Medical Education and Biomedical Informatics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7240, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 9:7. 2009....
- Time-dependent bias was common in survival analyses published in leading clinical journalsCarl van Walraven
Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa Hospital, Civic Campus, 1053 Carling Avenue, F 660, Ottawa, ON K1Y 4E9, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 57:672-82. 2004..Time-dependent bias can occur if such variables are not analyzed appropriately. This study sought to determine the prevalence of such time-dependent bias in highly-cited medical journals...
- R.J. Reynolds' targeting of African Americans: 1988-2000Edith D Balbach
Community Health Program, Tufts University, 112 Packard Avenue, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Am J Public Health 93:822-7. 2003..The purpose of this study was to describe RJ Reynolds (RJR) Tobacco Company's strategy for targeting African Americans, as revealed in tobacco industry documents and magazine advertisements...
- Geography of Africa biomedical publications: an analysis of 1996-2005 PubMed papersOlalekan A Uthman
Center for Evidence Based Global Health, Save the Youth Initiative, Nigeria
Int J Health Geogr 6:46. 2007..We sought to examine trends and contribution of different Africa subregions and individual countries as represented by the articles indexed by PubMed between 1996 and 2005...
- Electronic publication and the narrowing of science and scholarshipJames A Evans
Department of Sociology, University of Chicago, 1126 East 59th Street, Chicago, IL60615, USA
Science 321:395-9. 2008..Searching online is more efficient and following hyperlinks quickly puts researchers in touch with prevailing opinion, but this may accelerate consensus and narrow the range of findings and ideas built upon...
- Contribution of low- and middle-income countries to research published in leading general psychiatry journals, 2002-2004Vikram Patel
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 190:77-8. 2007..Strengthening the research capacity of these countries and reviewing the editorial policies of leading journals can help increase the international representation of LAMI countries in psychiatric research...
- The relationship between quality of research and citation frequencyPentti Nieminen
Medical Informatics Group, University of Oulu, P O Box 5000, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
BMC Med Res Methodol 6:42. 2006..The objective of this study is to assess whether statistical reporting and statistical errors in the analysis of the primary outcome are associated with the number of citations received...
- What do evidence-based secondary journals tell us about the publication of clinically important articles in primary healthcare journals?Kathleen Ann McKibbon
Health Information Research Unit, Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University Faculty of Health Sciences, Room 3H6 Health Sciences Center, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8N 3Z5
BMC Med 2:33. 2004....
- Share of research output in dermatology: a quantitative rankingM Rahman
Br J Dermatol 149:218-20. 2003
- BioRAT: extracting biological information from full-length papersDavid P A Corney
Bioinformatics Unit, Department of Computer Science, University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, UK
Bioinformatics 20:3206-13. 2004..BioRAT is a Biological Research Assistant for Text mining, and incorporates a document search ability with domain-specific IE...
- Oncological research overview in the European Union. A 5-year surveyD Ugolini
CilNews Group, Italy
Eur J Cancer 39:1888-94. 2003..Variety in the use of keywords should be avoided, and journal editors should encourage their standardisation...
- Japan's contribution to clinical research in gastroenterology and hepatologyKenji Maeda
Department of General Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Kawara-cho, Shogoin, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8507, Japan
J Gastroenterol 38:816-9. 2003..57) during this period of time. CONCLUSIONS; Japan's contribution to the field of gastroenterology and hepatology is, in general, acceptable compared with that of other counties, but the contribution for RCTs not satisfactory...
- The level of non-citation of articles within a journal as a measure of quality: a comparison to the impact factorAndy R Weale
Molecular and Cellular Biology, Division of Veterinary Pathology Infection and Immunity, University of Bristol, Langford House, Langford BS40 5DU, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 4:14. 2004..This ranking method is compared with the impact factor, as calculated by ISI(R)...
- Mapping the field: a bibliometric analysis of the research utilization literature in nursingCarole A Estabrooks
Knowledge Utilization Studies Program, Centre for Knowledge Transfer, and Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Nurs Res 53:293-303. 2004..This article addresses the knowledge gap in this field of study by bibliometrically analyzing the research utilization literature in nursing...
- How can impact factors be improved?E Garfield
Institute for Scientific Information, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
BMJ 313:411-3. 1996..In the final analysis, impact simply reflects the ability of journals and editors to attract the best papers available...
- A bibliometric analysis of research productivity in Parasitology by different world regions during a 9-year period (1995-2003)Matthew E Falagas
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences AIBS, Athens, Greece
BMC Infect Dis 6:56. 2006..The objective of this study was to estimate the research productivity of different world regions in the field of Parasitology...
- [Quantitative parameters to evaluate the publication of scientific papers]Andy Petroianu
Departamento de Cirugia da Faculdade de Medicina da UFMG, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brasil
Rev Assoc Med Bras 49:173-6. 2003..Most of time, the evaluation is based on personal feelings and experience, without established standard pattern...
- Evaluating the surgery literature: can standardizing peer-review today predict manuscript impact tomorrow?Julie A Sosa
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Ann Surg 250:152-8. 2009..Evidence-based surgery is predicated on the quality of published literature. We measured the quality of surgery manuscripts selected by peer review and identified predictors of excellence...
- The increasing dominance of teams in production of knowledgeStefan Wuchty
Northwestern Institute on Complexity NICO, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Science 316:1036-9. 2007..These results are detailed for sciences and engineering, social sciences, arts and humanities, and patents, suggesting that the process of knowledge creation has fundamentally changed...
- Refining dermatology journal impact factors using PageRankRobert P Dellavalle
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:116-9. 2007..This study examines how accounting for citation origin affects the impact factor ranking of dermatology journals...
- Reading factor: a new bibliometric criterion for managing digital librariesStefan J Darmoni
Computer and Networks Department, Rouen Medical School, France
J Med Libr Assoc 90:323-7. 2002
- Health informatics research in Australia: retrospective analysis using PubMedKumara Mendis
School of Rural Health, University of Sydney, Australia
Inform Prim Care 15:17-23. 2007..To obtain an overview of Australian health informatics (HI) research through a bibliometric analysis using PubMed...
- A bibliometric overview of public health research in EuropeAileen Clarke
University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Eur J Public Health 17:43-9. 2007..Our aim, within the collaborative study SPHERE (Strengthening Public Health Research in Europe), was to produce a bibliometric overview of public health research literature for Europe...
- The counting houseDavid Adam
Nature 415:726-9. 2002
- Does the H index have predictive power?J E Hirsch
Department of Physics, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0319, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:19193-8. 2007..We discuss reasons for the superiority of the h index...
- International gastroenterology research: subject areas, impact, and fundingG Lewison
Policy Unit, The Wellcome Trust, 210 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, UK
Gut 49:295-302. 2001..To determine if countries' research outputs correlated with their burden of corresponding diseases and inputs to their research...
- Journal impact factors: a 'bioequivalence' issue?A Rostami-Hodjegan
University of Sheffield, Section of Molecular Pharmacology and Pharmacogenetics, Clinical Sciences Division, The Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield S102JF, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 51:111-7. 2001..We therefore investigated citation profiles for three clinical pharmacology journals to assess the validity of using IMF as a measure of 'individual research'...
- How to select publications on occupational health: the usefulness of Medline and the impact factorJ F Gehanno
Head Office of the Occupational Health Departments of Paris University Hospitals, Paris, France
Occup Environ Med 57:706-9. 2000..On the basis of Medline and the impact factor, this diversity was assessed, and a cost effective method for selecting the most pertinent journals in the practice of occupational health was proposed...
- The medical review article revisited: has the science improved?F A McAlister
University of Oxford, United Kingdom
Ann Intern Med 131:947-51. 1999..The validity of a review depends on its methodologic quality...
- Framing pub smoking bans: an analysis of Australian print news media coverage, March 1996-March 2003David Champion
School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Australia
J Epidemiol Community Health 59:679-84. 2005..Australia's recent success in securing dates for the implementation of smoke free pubs is likely to have owed much to the enduring media advocacy by health groups...
- Scope and geographical distribution of African medical journals active in 2005Nandi Siegfried
Clinical Trials Service Unit, Oxford University and United Kingdom Cochrane Centre, Oxford, UK
S Afr Med J 96:533-8. 2006..To identify all African medical journals actively publishing in 2005, and to create a geodatabase of these to evaluate and monitor future journal activity...
- International collaboration of clinical medicine research in Taiwan, 1990-2004: a bibliometric analysisTzeng Ji Chen
Department of Family Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, and National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
J Chin Med Assoc 70:110-6. 2007..Special attention was paid to internationally collaborated works that were identified based on the countries of co-authors' affiliations...
- Balance between education- and research-oriented publications from a Brazilian University HospitalK Mendonça de Araujo
Instituto de Bioquimica Medica, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Braz J Med Biol Res 38:1285-91. 2005....
- Radiological research in Europe: a bibliometric studyG S Mela
Department of Internal Medicine, DIMI, University of Genoa, Largo R Benzi, 8, 16132 Genova, Italy
Eur Radiol 13:657-62. 2003..The development of research programs within the framework of the European Union specifically aimed to radiology could lead to further advancement of our discipline...
- Bibliometric analysis of global trends for research productivity in microbiologyP I Vergidis
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences (AIBS, 9 Neapoleos Street, Marousi, 15123 Athens, Greece
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 24:342-6. 2005..The three regions in which research productivity increased the most were Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe...
- [ SciELO (Scientific Electronic Library Online) statistical data interpretation.]Saul Goldenberg
, Sociedade Brasileira para o Desenvolvimento da Pesquisa em Cirurgia, Alameda Rio Claro 179, , Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 22:1-7. 2007
- Graduate education at the faculty of medicine of the University of Sao Paulo: quo vadis?Riad N Younes
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 60:6-8. 2005
- Reporting of non-communicable disease research in low- and middle-income countries: a pilot bibliometric analysisKaren Hofman
National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 94:415-20. 2006..The paper identifies the relative amount of research devoted to non-communicable disease in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs)...
- Geography of clinical cancer research publications from 1995 to 1999F Grossi
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Udine, Pz le S M Misericordia, 33100 Udine, Italy
Eur J Cancer 39:106-11. 2003..These results provide information on the geography of clinical cancer research worldwide, which may reflect the human and economic resources involved in this field...
- Ethics and dementia: mapping the literature by bibliometric analysisClive Baldwin
Ethox, Institute of Health Sciences, Oxford, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:41-54. 2003..This paper reports on a bibliometric analysis of keywords in the literature on ethics and dementia during the period 1980-2000...
- Women authors of surgical researchJibby E Kurichi
Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia 19104-4283, USA
Arch Surg 140:1074-7. 2005....
- Validity of the impact factor of journals as a measure of randomized controlled trial qualityCorrado Barbui
Department of Medicine and Public Health, Section of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, University of Verona, Policlinico G B Rossi, 37134 Verona, Italy
J Clin Psychiatry 67:37-40. 2006..To assess whether the impact factor, a measure of the frequency with which journal articles are cited in the scientific literature, is a proxy measure of the quality of articles reporting the results of randomized controlled trials...
- Impact of SciELO and MEDLINE indexing on submissions to Jornal de PediatriaDanilo Blank
Jornal de Pediatria JPED, Brazilian Society of Pediatrics, Rua Gen Jacinto Osorio 150 201, CEP 90040 290, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Pediatr (Rio J) 81:431-4. 2005..To evaluate the impact of SciELO and MEDLINE indexing on the number of articles submitted to Jornal de Pediatria...
- The effect of online status on the impact factors of general internal medicine journalsP S Mueller
Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Neth J Med 64:39-44. 2006..CONCLUSION: Becoming available online as FUTON is associated with a significant increase in journal impact factor...
- Tobacco document research reportingS M Carter
The University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Tob Control 14:368-76. 2005..To understand the use of internal tobacco industry documents in the peer reviewed health literature...
- Locating the evidence base for musculoskeletal nursing: an overview of the rheumatology nursing literatureClaire Hale
Academic and Clinical Unit for Musculoskeletal Nursing, School of Healthcare, University of Leeds, Baines Wing, P O Box 214, Leeds LS2 9 UT, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 43:507-18. 2006..The main limitations was the difficulty in accurately identifying nursing publications because of inadequate details of authorship...
- [Presence of the biomedical periodicals of Hungarian editions in international databases]Lívia Vasas
Semmelweis Egyetem, Központi Könyvtár
Orv Hetil 147:73-81. 2006....
- Frequency and determinants of nonpublication of research in the stroke literatureNerses Sanossian
University of California at Los Angeles Stroke Center, Calif, USA
Stroke 37:2588-92. 2006....
- Publishing HIV/AIDS behavioural science reports: An author's guideK S Ingersoll
Department of Psychiatry, Virginia Commonwealth University, VA, USA
AIDS Care 18:674-80. 2006..The variety of publication outlets available to authors of HIV/AIDS behavioral science studies creates ample opportunity for dissemination, as well as challenge for readers in discerning the quality of published work...
- Nursing research in IrelandGeraldine McCarthy
Catherine McAuley School of Nursing and Midwifery, Brookfield Health Sciences Complex, National University of Ireland (University Collge Cork, Cork, Ireland
Annu Rev Nurs Res 24:295-331. 2006..g., medical surgical, mental health, intellectual disability, and maternal and child), nursing management and professional issues (19%), and nursing education (25%)...
- Reporting of study design in titles and abstracts of articles published in clinically oriented dermatology journalsR Ubriani
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Br J Dermatol 156:557-9. 2007..Dermatologists may have difficulty in identifying the types of study design used in published articles, hindering their ability to appraise the literature critically...
- Where should family medicine papers be published - following the impact factor?Roni Peleg
Department of Family Medicine, Sial Family Medicine and Primary Care Research Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Am Board Fam Med 19:633-6. 2006..On the other hand, publication in journals with higher IF that are not necessarily widely read by primary care physicians could result in a small impact of their findings on direct patient care...
- The journal impact factor: too much of an impact?Tam Cam Ha
Clinical Trials and Epidemiological Sciences, National Cancer Centre, Singapore
Ann Acad Med Singapore 35:911-6. 2006..The aim of this review is to highlight the major issues involved with using the journal impact factor as a measure of research quality...
- The outcome of manuscripts submitted to the American Journal of Ophthalmology between 2002 and 2003Thomas J Liesegang
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 143:551-60. 2007..To investigate the outcome of manuscripts submitted to the American Journal of Ophthalmology (AJO) between July 23, 2002 and December 31, 2003...
- [The Small Worlds and Floyd's algorithms: a way to study scientific collaboration]Maria Penaranda Ortega
Facultad de Psicologia, Universidad de Murcia, Spain
Psicothema 18:78-83. 2006..To study how a small community is formed and, as a research of one case, we observe the invisible college which is formed when connecting the fifteen most productive authors of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology ...
- Advancing the science of nursing education: rethinking the meaning and significance of impact factorsPamela M Ironside
J Nurs Educ 46:99-100. 2007....
- [Medical scientific Romania in the European context]D S Rădut
Departamentul de Medicină Preventivă si Sănătate Publică, Universitatea Din Alicante, Spania
Oftalmologia 50:10-7. 2006..A national and international publications bibliometric analysis was assessed to evaluate the scientific research situation about Romania and the relation with the European Parliament Health objectives for 2003-2008...
- [Revista de Saúde Pública: forty years of Brazilian scientific production]Julio Cesar Rodrigues Pereira
Departamento de Epidemiologia, Faculdade de Saude Publica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Saude Publica 40:148-59. 2006..To recognize the characteristics and path taken by the through analysis of the scientific production it has published over the period from 1967 to 2005...
- Brazilian knowledge production in the field of child and adolescent healthDanilo Blank
Departamento de Pediatria, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Pediatr (Rio J) 82:97-102. 2006..CONCLUSION: Brazilian research activities in pediatrics have had a steady upward trend, which relates to the proportional growth of the Brazilian scientific production as a whole...
- [Brazilian scientific journals in speech-language and hearing science: impact indicator]Heliane Campanatti-Ostiz
Pró Fono Produtos Especializados para Fonoaudiologia
Pro Fono 18:99-110. 2006..Global value of scientific papers published in national journals of the Brazilian Speech-language and Hearing Science analyzed through the Impact Factor (IF)...
- [Scientific production in health science in Colombia, 1993-2003]Alvis Guzmán Nelson
Universidad de Cartagena, Departmento de Investigaciones Económiccas y Sociales, Facultad de Ciencias Economicas
Rev Salud Publica (Bogota) 8:25-37. 2006..Analysing scientific production related to health research between 1993 to 2003 in Colombia to generate information allowing a more focused investment in public health research...
- [Fifty years of impact factor: pros and cons]N Magnavita
Istituto di Medicina del Lavoro, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Roma
Med Lav 96:383-90. 2005..Despite its shortcomings, the IF is widely used and offers, at present, the best simple tool to help libraries decide which journals to purchase...
- Journals in surgery and gastroenterology: indexing in databases and bibliometric indicatorsRegina C Figueiredo Castro
BIREME, PAHO, WHO, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 21:122-32. 2006..To select where to publish, authors must know how to identify the most recognized journals in each field, adopting quality criteria...
- Assessing the evidence submitted in the development of a workplace smoking regulation: the case of MarylandTheresa Montini
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences and Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Public Health Rep 117:291-8. 2002....
Research Grants130 found, 100 shown here
- Assisting Systematic Review Preparation Using Automated Document ClassificationAaron Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Since up-to-date systematic reviews are essential for establishing widespread high quality practice standards and guidelines, the overall public health will benefit from this work. ..
- Correcting the Literature After Scienctific MisconductANNE NEALE; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Assisting Systematic Review Preparation Using Automated Document ClassificationAaron Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2009..Since up-to-date systematic reviews are essential for establishing widespread high quality practice standards and guidelines, the overall public health will benefit from this work. ..
- Research Culture of Practice-Based Research NetworksANNE NEALE; Fiscal Year: 2007..A team of investigators from the PBRN Resource Center at Indiana University, and the Wayne State University Division of Practice-based Research will collaborate to ensure the success of the project. ..
- Understanding Disparities in Obesity and its Comorbidities in the USYoufa Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..S. using an interdisciplinary approach. ..
- Conference and Gender in Physiology / Pathophysiology of the CV-Renal SystemsMartin Frank; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Dizziness in the Emergency Department: A Population-Based ProjectKevin Kerber; Fiscal Year: 2007..Relevance: Identifying deficiencies in care is critical to improving quality of care, reducing healthcare expenditures, and decreasing ED overcrowding. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGIC SEQUELAE OF SUICIDE IN SCHOOLSMadelyn Gould; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our ultimate goal is to utilize the information generated from the present study to develop a school based suicide postvention program and to prepare a controlled clinical trial to examine the efficacy of the postvention. ..
- MECHANISMS OF ENZYMIC AND HYDRIDE TRANSFERSGregory Petsko; Fiscal Year: 2002..IMPDH catalyzes the rate-determining step in GMT biosynthesis and is a target for immunosuppressive, anticancer, antiviral and antimicrobial drugs. ..
- Targeting AKT as a novel therapy in pancreatic cancerRichard Bold; Fiscal Year: 2007..These results will provide mechanistic as well as pre-clinical data in support of our hypothesis and will allow for the development of novel therapy of human pancreatic cancer. ..
- Zinc Protoporphyrin and the Cell Cycle in Neonatal MicePhyllis Dennery; Fiscal Year: 2007..This may also lead to therapeutic strategies to modify ZnPP so as to prevent abnormal proliferation in cells. ..
- Infection Risk of Urinary Collection StrategiesSanjay Saint; Fiscal Year: 2006..Since approximately 40% of elderly Americans will enter a nursing home at some point, identification of those at risk of infection could have considerable health, quality of life, and economic consequences. ..
- Help Seeking by At-Risk Youth After Suicide ScreeningsMadelyn Gould; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Training in Epidemiology and Clinical Trials (TECT)David Grimes; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- News and ad effects on alcohol risk perceptionMichael D Slater; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CONFERENCE--ALDOSTERONE AND ENaC:GENETICS TO PHYSIOLOGYMartin Frank; Fiscal Year: 2003..There will be a strong student awards program (12 awardees to be selected on the basis of merit). The success of three preceding meetings attests to its need and value to the scientific community. ..
- Effectiveness of Suicide Hotline TrainingMadelyn S Gould; Fiscal Year: 2010..Few such opportunities arise for research studies to have such policy relevance, in other words, to have a direct impact on existing and future policy decisions. ..
- Evaluation of a Natural Experiment to Improve Statewide Depression Care in MNLeif Solberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, by conducting the study in cooperation with those who pay for and deliver the care, the project will demonstrate a new approach to research-practice partnerships. ..
- ACCISS: Activating Collaborative CIS Support ServicesBonnie Spring; Fiscal Year: 2007..The study examines the impact on medical follow-up and provider-patient communication. ..
- SITE-SPECIFIC MUTAGENESIS OF ISOMERASESGregory Petsko; Fiscal Year: 1990..Finally, mutations will be made at several other positions where the crystallographic results and sequence conservation imply a possible role in either active site architecture or catalysis: Ser 96, Cys 126, Glu 97, and Asn 10...
- A Comprehensive Database of Cost-Effectiveness AnalysesPeter Neumann; Fiscal Year: 2003..The web-based data should also understand the needs of different scientists to be understood and policymakers, and bridges to be built across disparate communities. ..
- Racial Disparities in Diabetes in the US and the UKArch Mainous; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Training of the Pediatric Emergency Physician-ScientistDavid Jaffe; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term goals will be realized as its trainees contribute to the development of and leadership as pediatric physician-scientists during the next two or more decades. ..
- Waterpipe Tobacco Smoking among U.S. Adolescents and Young AdultsBrian A Primack; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, it will include a nationally-representative, longitudinal data collection investigating the trajectories and consequences of waterpipe tobacco smoking. ..
- MECHANISMS OF ENZYMIC AND HYDRIDE TRANSFERSGregory Petsko; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- An Outcome Study of Rheumatoid Hand ArthroplastyKevin Chung; Fiscal Year: 2007..Most importantly, this project will combine the experiences of both surgery and rheumatology services to jointly evaluate this surgical procedure. ..
- Media Literacy to Prevent Adolescent Smoking InitiationBRIAN PRIMACK; Fiscal Year: 2007..The candidate will emerge in five years with the skills and background necessary to implement and evaluate the intervention on a large scale via an R01 (to be secured in year 4). ..
- Neural blockade with vanilloidsIgor Kissin; Fiscal Year: 2007..To study the specific aims of the project the effects of RTX will be examined in rats by behavioral methods; and whole cell voltage-clamp technique will be used to identify a mechanism for impulse failure induced by RTX. ..
- SITE-SPECIFIC MUTAGENESIS OF ISOMERASESGregory Petsko; Fiscal Year: 1993..Every mutant will also be examined crystallographically, in complex with the actual substrate glucose...
- ACUTE TOLERANCE IN ANESTHETIC ACTIONS AND INTERACTIONSIgor Kissin; Fiscal Year: 2001....