Summary: The field of information science concerned with the analysis and dissemination of data through the application of computers.
- Guha R, Howard M, Hutchison G, Murray Rust P, Rzepa H, Steinbeck C, et al. The Blue Obelisk-interoperability in chemical informatics. J Chem Inf Model. 2006;46:991-8 pubmed
- Nakayama H, Takahashi N, Isobe T. Informatics for mass spectrometry-based RNA analysis. Mass Spectrom Rev. 2011;30:1000-12 pubmed publisher..Software for the processing of raw mass spectra, the identification and characterization of RNAs by mass mapping, de novo sequencing, and tandem MS-based database searching are available. ..
- Ebalunode J, Jagun C, Zheng W. Informatics approach to the rational design of siRNA libraries. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;672:341-58 pubmed publisher..Together with novel delivery technologies and chemical modification techniques, rational siRNA design algorithms will ultimately contribute to chemical biology research and the efficient development of siRNA therapeutics. ..
- Rigby M, Hill P, Koch S, Keeling D. Social care informatics as an essential part of holistic health care: a call for action. Int J Med Inform. 2011;80:544-54 pubmed publisher..citizen-centric support to achieve optimal health of individual citizens and, in particular, the role of informatics to inform and coordinate support towards integrated and holistic care...
- Hambly K, Danzer J, Muskal S, Debe D. Interrogating the druggable genome with structural informatics. Mol Divers. 2006;10:273-81 pubmed..In this paper, we present the Target Informatics Platform (TIP), a novel structural informatics approach for amplifying the rapidly expanding body of ..
- Topaloglou T. Informatics solutions for high-throughput proteomics. Drug Discov Today. 2006;11:509-16 pubmed..b>Informatics aims to provide answers to these challenges by transferring existing solutions from information management to ..
- Wang Y, Lu J, Wang F, Shen Q, Zheng M, Luo X, et al. Estimation of carcinogenicity using molecular fragments tree. J Chem Inf Model. 2012;52:1994-2003 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our method is convenient to users in that it can extract SAs from a database using an automated and unbiased manner that does not rely on a priori knowledge of mechanism of action. ..
- Brandt C, Argraves S, Money R, Ananth G, Trocky N, Nadkarni P. Informatics tools to improve clinical research study implementation. Contemp Clin Trials. 2006;27:112-22 pubmed..We describe an approach that emphasizes the use of a variety of informatics tools that can facilitate study coordination, training, data checks and early identification and correction of ..
- Dinov I, Torri F, Macciardi F, Petrosyan P, Liu Z, Zamanyan A, et al. Applications of the pipeline environment for visual informatics and genomics computations. BMC Bioinformatics. 2011;12:304 pubmed publisherContemporary informatics and genomics research require efficient, flexible and robust management of large heterogeneous data, advanced computational tools, powerful visualization, reliable hardware infrastructure, interoperability of ..
- Niland J, Rouse L, Stahl D. An informatics blueprint for healthcare quality information systems. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2006;13:402-17 pubmed..HQIS (the National Comprehensive Cancer Network Outcomes Research Database system), we have formulated an "informatics blueprint" to guide the development of such systems...
- Moen A, Brennan P. Health@Home: the work of health information management in the household (HIMH): implications for consumer health informatics (CHI) innovations. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2005;12:648-56 pubmed..Capitalizing on these strategies will complement and extend current consumer health innovations to provide functional support to people who face increasing demands to manage personal health information. ..
- de Lusignan S, Teasdale S. Achieving benefit for patients in primary care informatics: the report of a international consensus workshop at Medinfo 2007. Inform Prim Care. 2007;15:255-61 pubmed..Enhancing the use of informatics in primary care is usually a key part of these strategies...
- Akune Y, Hosoda M, Kaiya S, Shinmachi D, Aoki Kinoshita K. The RINGS resource for glycome informatics analysis and data mining on the Web. OMICS. 2010;14:475-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have developed RINGS (Resource for INformatics of Glycomes at Soka) as a freely available Web resource for glycobiologists to analyze their data using the ..
- Yap K, Chan A, Chui W, Chen Y. Cancer informatics for the clinician: an interaction database for chemotherapy regimens and antiepileptic drugs. Seizure. 2010;19:59-67 pubmed publisher..This tool will assist clinicians in improving clinical response and reducing adverse effects based on the therapeutic and toxicity profiles of the drugs. ..
- Appels R, Barrero R, Bellgard M. Advances in biotechnology and informatics to link variation in the genome to phenotypes in plants and animals. Funct Integr Genomics. 2013;13:1-9 pubmed publisher..The translation of the advances in the structure/function analysis of the genome to industry is facilitated through the capture of research outputs in "toolboxes" that remain accessible in the public domain. ..
- Patterson D, Cooper J, Kirk P, Pyle R, Remsen D. Names are key to the big new biology. Trends Ecol Evol. 2010;25:686-91 pubmed publisher..b>Informatics devices will exploit this 'big new biology', revitalizing comparative biology with a broad perspective to ..
- Ghavami G, Kazemali M, Sardari S. Informatics of drug synergism in naturally occurring anticancer agents. Recent Pat Anticancer Drug Discov. 2011;6:26-44 pubmed..This review is focused on informatics applications in cancer combination drug therapy...
- Singh N, Guha R, Giulianotti M, Pinilla C, Houghten R, Medina Franco J. Chemoinformatic analysis of combinatorial libraries, drugs, natural products, and molecular libraries small molecule repository. J Chem Inf Model. 2009;49:1010-24 pubmed publisher..However, the R-NN analysis also showed that there are a significant number of molecules in several combinatorial libraries that are located in sparse regions of the drug space. ..
- Zhang X, Shedden K, Rosania G. A cell-based molecular transport simulator for pharmacokinetic prediction and cheminformatic exploration. Mol Pharm. 2006;3:704-16 pubmed..Therefore, cell-based molecular transport simulators could be useful in silico screening tools for chemical genomics and drug discovery. ..
- Lukas T, Luo W, Mao H, Cole N, Siddique T. Informatics-assisted protein profiling in a transgenic mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2006;5:1233-44 pubmed..An integrated proteomics-informatics platform was used to identify relevant differences in protein expression based upon the abundance of peptides ..
- Boustani M, Munger S, Beck R, Campbell N, Weiner M. A gero-informatics tool to enhance the care of hospitalized older adults with cognitive impairment. Clin Interv Aging. 2007;2:247-53 pubmed..Integrating information technology into geriatric services (gero-informatics) might allow reduction of the time to implementation of geriatric recommendations and prevent the initiation of ..
- Berner E, Moss J. Informatics challenges for the impending patient information explosion. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2005;12:614-7 pubmed..The authors discuss the issues and offer suggestions for addressing them. ..
- Sykora V, Leahy D. Chemical Descriptors Library (CDL): a generic, open source software library for chemical informatics. J Chem Inf Model. 2008;48:1931-42 pubmed publisherIn this article the Chemical Descriptors Library (CDL), a generic, open source software library for chemical informatics is introduced. The library is written using standard-compliant C++ programming language...
- An J, Hayman L, Panniers T, Carty B. Theory development in nursing and healthcare informatics: a model explaining and predicting information and communication technology acceptance by healthcare consumers. ANS Adv Nurs Sci. 2007;30:E37-49 pubmed
- Reichenbach S, Tian X, Tao Q, Ledford E, Wu Z, Fiehn O. Informatics for cross-sample analysis with comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography and high-resolution mass spectrometry (GCxGC-HRMS). Talanta. 2011;83:1279-88 pubmed publisherThis paper describes informatics for cross-sample analysis with comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography (GCxGC) and high-resolution mass spectrometry (HRMS)...
- Ammenwerth E, de Keizer N. A viewpoint on evidence-based health informatics, based on a pilot survey on evaluation studies in health care informatics. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2007;14:368-71 pubmedConcerned about evidence-based health informatics, the authors conducted a limited pilot survey attempting to determine how many IT evaluation studies in health care are never published, and why...
- Madi A, Hecht I, Bransburg Zabary S, Merbl Y, Pick A, Zucker Toledano M, et al. Organization of the autoantibody repertoire in healthy newborns and adults revealed by system level informatics of antigen microarray data. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14484-9 pubmed publisher..These features revealed by antigen microarrays can be used to define personal states of autoantibody organizational motifs. ..
- Yong M, Begent R. Best use of experimental data in cancer informatics. Future Oncol. 2010;6:1551-62 pubmed publisher..Finally, we introduce a new guideline that encompasses the diverse data types in therapeutic experiments, which is intended to be of use to the cancer therapeutics community. ..
- Hilty D, Hales D, Briscoe G, Benjamin S, Boland R, Luo J, et al. APA Summit on Medical Student Education Task Force on Informatics and Technology: learning about computers and applying computer technology to education and practice. Acad Psychiatry. 2006;30:29-35 pubmed..Knowledge of, skills in, and attitudes toward medical informatics are important to life-long learning and modern medical practice...
- Dunlay R, Czekalski W, Collins M. Overview of informatics for high content screening. Methods Mol Biol. 2007;356:269-80 pubmedWith the growing use of high content screening (HCS) and analysis in drug discovery and systems biology, informatics has come to the forefront as a critical technology to effectively utilize the massive volumes of high content data and ..
- Johnson N. Biodiversity informatics. Annu Rev Entomol. 2007;52:421-38 pubmedBiodiversity informatics is an emerging field that applies information management tools to the management and analysis of species-occurrence, taxonomic character, and image data...
- Pedersen C, Gumpper K. ASHP national survey on informatics: assessment of the adoption and use of pharmacy informatics in U.S. hospitals--2007. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2008;65:2244-64 pubmed publisherResults of the 2007 ASHP national survey on informatics are presented. All types and sizes of hospitals in the United States were included in the sample of 4112 pharmacy directors surveyed using an online data collection tool...
- Paton A. Biodiversity informatics and the plant conservation baseline. Trends Plant Sci. 2009;14:629-37 pubmed publisher..The importance of primary baseline data and the role of biodiversity informatics in linking these data to other environmental variables are discussed...
- Edberg S. Global Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology Network (GIDEON): a world wide Web-based program for diagnosis and informatics in infectious diseases. Clin Infect Dis. 2005;40:123-6 pubmed..The program performs well and serves as a useful paradigm for World Wide Web-based informatics. GIDEON is an eclectic program that can serve the needs of clinicians, epidemiologists, and microbiologists ..
- Smedsgaard J, Nielsen J. Metabolite profiling of fungi and yeast: from phenotype to metabolome by MS and informatics. J Exp Bot. 2005;56:273-86 pubmed..One very efficient approach is direct infusion Mass Spectrometry (diMS) integrated with automated data handling, but a full metabolic picture requires the combination of several different analytical techniques. ..
- Barnes M, Harland L, Foord S, Hall M, Dix I, Thomas S, et al. Lowering industry firewalls: pre-competitive informatics initiatives in drug discovery. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2009;8:701-8 pubmed publisher..In this article, we discuss the background to these changes and propose new areas of collaboration in computational biology and chemistry between the public domain and the pharmaceutical industry. ..
- Guralnick R, Hill A. Biodiversity informatics: automated approaches for documenting global biodiversity patterns and processes. Bioinformatics. 2009;25:421-8 pubmed publisher..A central challenge for the biodiversity informatics community is to provide the means to share and rapidly synthesize these data and the knowledge they provide us ..
- Rosenheim J, Parsa S, Forbes A, Krimmel W, Law Y, Segoli M, et al. Ecoinformatics for integrated pest management: expanding the applied insect ecologist's tool-kit. J Econ Entomol. 2011;104:331-42 pubmed..Experimental, observational, and ecoinformatics-based approaches may, if used together, provide more efficient solutions to problems in pest management than can any single approach, used in isolation. ..
- Logan R. Evaluating consumer informatics: learning from health campaign research. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2004;107:1147-51 pubmed..quot;uses and gratifications" approach might be successfully integrated into the evaluation of consumer informatics. These models and tools are especially pertinent when the desired outcomes of media health interventions are ..
- Burren O, Healy B, Lam A, Schuilenburg H, Dolman G, Everett V, et al. Development of an integrated genome informatics, data management and workflow infrastructure: a toolbox for the study of complex disease genetics. Hum Genomics. 2004;1:98-109 pubmed..storage of high-throughput laboratory data with public domain data, require integration of databases, genome informatics and genetic analyses in an easily updated and scaleable format...
- Eysenbach G. Tackling publication bias and selective reporting in health informatics research: register your eHealth trials in the International eHealth Studies Registry. J Med Internet Res. 2004;6:e35 pubmed..has been set up, allowing registration of trials (including non-randomized studies) in the field of health informatics and assigning an International eHealth Study Number (IESN)...
- Mbananga N, Mniki S, Oelofse A, Makapan S, Lubisi M. A model of developing medical terms in indigenous languages: a step towards consumer health informatics in South Africa. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2004;107:1216-8 pubmed..Development of medical terms in indigenous languages is the primary step towards Consumer Health Informatics in the country...
- Ilyin S, Bernal A, Horowitz D, Derian C, Xin H. Functional informatics: convergence and integration of automation and bioinformatics. Pharmacogenomics. 2004;5:721-30 pubmed
- Rigby M, Hill P, Koch S, Kärki J. Social care informatics - the missing partner in ehealth. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2009;150:277-81 pubmed..However, health informatics currently narrowly restricts itself to health organizations' activities...
- Fay N. The role of the informatics framework in early lead discovery. Drug Discov Today. 2006;11:1075-84 pubmed..In particular, high-content technologies represent a new force in challenging established informatics frameworks; largely because of their data volume, variety of assay parameters and increased scientific ..
- Urbaczek S, Kolodzik A, Fischer J, Lippert T, Heuser S, Groth I, et al. NAOMI: on the almost trivial task of reading molecules from different file formats. J Chem Inf Model. 2011;51:3199-207 pubmed publisher..NAOMI's functionality is tested by round robin file IO exercises with public data sets, which we believe should become a standard test for every cheminformatics tool. ..
- Huang Y, Yu X, Mao Y, Costello C, Zaia J, Lin C. De novo sequencing of heparan sulfate oligosaccharides by electron-activated dissociation. Anal Chem. 2013;85:11979-86 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the potential of EDD and NETD as sensitive analytical tools for detailed, high-throughput, de novo structural analyses of highly sulfated GAGs. ..
- Schim S, Raspa R. Crossing disciplinary boundaries in end-of-life education. J Prof Nurs. 2007;23:201-7 pubmed..The effects of 5 years of experience with the course on students, faculty, and the university community are described, and future directions are suggested. ..
- Naps T. JHAVE: supporting algorithm visualization. IEEE Comput Graph Appl. 2005;25:49-55 pubmed
- Paillard G, Cochrane P, Jones P, van Hoorn W, Caracoti A, Van Vlijmen H, et al. The ELF Honest Data Broker: informatics enabling public-private collaboration in a precompetitive arena. Drug Discov Today. 2016;21:97-102 pubmed publisherNew precompetitive ways of working in the pharmaceutical industry are driving the development of new informatics systems to enable their execution and management...