Genomes and Genes
Summary: Records of nutrient intake over a specific period of time, usually kept by the patient.
Publications278 found, 100 shown here
- Measurement of dietary intake in childrenM B Livingstone
Northern Ireland Centre for Diet and Health, University of Ulster, Coleraine, Co Londonderry, UK
Proc Nutr Soc 59:279-93. 2000..The development of improved techniques for identification of mis-reporters and investigation of the issue of differential reporting of foods should also be given priority...
- The validity of self-reported energy intake as determined using the doubly labelled water techniqueR J Hill
School of Human Movement Studies, Faculty of Health, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Br J Nutr 85:415-30. 2001..Awareness of these characteristics and mechanisms will enable researchers to obtain more accurate self-reports of EI using all dietary recording techniques...
- Development, validation and utilisation of food-frequency questionnaires - a reviewJanet Cade
Nutrition Epidemiology Group, Division of Public Health, Nuffield Institute for Health, 71 75 Clarendon Road, University of Leeds, UK
Public Health Nutr 5:567-87. 2002..It does not include any recommendations about the most appropriate method for dietary assessment (e.g. food-frequency questionnaire versus weighed record)...
- Longitudinal changes in dietary patterns during adult lifeG D Mishra
MRC Human Nutrition Research, Elsie Widdowson Laboratory, Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NL, UK
Br J Nutr 96:735-44. 2006....
- Self-reported dietary supplement use is confirmed by biological markers in the Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort Study (MoBa)Anne Lise Brantsaeter
Division of Environmental Medicine, Department of Food Toxicology, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Oslo, Norway
Ann Nutr Metab 51:146-54. 2007..The aim of the present study was to investigate the relation between reported use and biomarkers in supplement and non-supplement users and to validate self-reported intake of dietary supplements in mid pregnancy...
- Nutritional methods in the European Prospective Investigation of Cancer in NorfolkS A Bingham
EPIC, Institute of Public Health and Strangeways Research Laboratories, Worts Causeway, Cambridge CB1 4RN, UK
Public Health Nutr 4:847-58. 2001..To describe methods and dietary habits of a large population cohort...
- Estimating under-reporting of energy intake in dietary surveys using an individualised methodKirsten L Rennie
Unilever Corporate Research, Colworth Park, Sharnbrook, Bedford MK44 1LQ, UK
Br J Nutr 97:1169-76. 2007..The EER method allows UR to be quantified and takes into account an individual's activity level. Measures of physical activity and questions to identify under-eating during dietary recording may help to evaluate secular trends in UR...
- Nutritional status of Flemish vegetarians compared with non-vegetarians: a matched samples studyPeter Deriemaeker
Department of Human Biometry and Biomechanics, Faculty of Physical Education and Physical Therapy, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Pleinlaan 2, B 1050 Brussel, Belgium Email K A M H P C
Nutrients 2:770-80. 2010..The intakes of the V subjects were closer to the recommendations for a healthy diet when compared to a group of well matched NV subjects...
- Misreporting of energy and micronutrient intake estimated by food records and 24 hour recalls, control and adjustment methods in practiceKamila Poslusna
Department of Food Safety and Nutrition, NIPH National Institute of Public Health in Prague, Palackeho 3a, Brno 61242, Czech Republic
Br J Nutr 101:S73-85. 2009..Residual method of energy adjustment seems to be a good tool for practice to decrease an influence of misreporting when interpreting results of studies based on food records and 24 hour recalls...
- Comparison of an Australian food-frequency questionnaire with diet records: implications for nutrition surveillanceG L Ambrosini
School of Population Health, University of Western Australia, Crawley, Western Australia 6009, Australia
Public Health Nutr 6:415-22. 2003To compare a widely used Australian food-frequency questionnaire (FFQ) with diet records and consider the results in relation to its use in nutrition surveillance.
- Undereating and underrecording of habitual food intake in obese men: selective underreporting of fat intakeA H Goris
Department of Human Biology, Maastricht University, Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 71:130-4. 2000..Underreporting of food intake is common in obese subjects...
- Genetic variation in TAS1R2 (Ile191Val) is associated with consumption of sugars in overweight and obese individuals in 2 distinct populationsKaren M Eny
Department of Nutritional Sciences and the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Am J Clin Nutr 92:1501-10. 2010..Taste is an important determinant of food consumption, and genetic variations in the sweet taste receptor subunit TAS1R2 may contribute to interindividual variations in sugar consumption...
- Familial correlates of adolescent girls' physical activity, television use, dietary intake, weight, and body compositionKatherine W Bauer
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 8:25. 2011....
- A comparison of self-reported energy intake with total energy expenditure estimated by accelerometer and basal metabolic rate in African-American women with type 2 diabetesCarmen D Samuel-Hodge
Department of Nutrition, Schools of Public Health and Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 8140, USA
Diabetes Care 27:663-9. 2004..This study assesses the validity of dietary data from African-American women with type 2 diabetes by comparing reported energy intake (EI) with total energy expenditure (TEE) estimated by an accelerometer and basal metabolic rate (BMR)...
- Healthy diets and the subsequent prevalence of nuclear cataract in womenJulie A Mares
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53726 2336, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 128:738-49. 2010..To assess the association between healthy diet scores and prevalence of nuclear cataract in women...
- Multiple indicators of poor diet quality in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes are associated with higher body mass index percentile but not glycemic controlTonja R Nansel
Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Division of Epidemiology, Statistics, and Prevention Research, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892 7510, USA
J Acad Nutr Diet 112:1728-35. 2012..Diet is a cornerstone of type 1 diabetes treatment, and poor diet quality may affect glycemic control and other health outcomes. Yet diet quality in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes remains understudied...
- Reproducibility and validity of a Chinese food frequency questionnaire used in TaiwanMeei Shyuan Lee
School of Public Health, National Defense Medical Center, 161 Sec 6, MinChuan East Road, Taipei 114, Taiwan, ROC
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 15:161-9. 2006..They also completed five-day (includes both weekends) diet records (DR) after each interview...
- Explaining variability in sodium intake through oral sensory phenotype, salt sensation and likingJohn E Hayes
Department of Food Science, College of Agricultural Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Physiol Behav 100:369-80. 2010..Despite adding less salt, PROP supertasters consumed more sodium through food, as salt was more important to preference, both for its salty taste and masking of bitterness...
- Dealing with dietary measurement error in nutritional cohort studiesLaurence S Freedman
Gertner Institute for Epidemiology and Health Policy Research, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:1086-92. 2011..Future work should be devoted to alleviating the problem of signal attenuation, possibly through the use of improved self-report instruments or by combining dietary biomarkers with self-report instruments...
- Evaluation of dietary assessment tools used to assess the diet of adults participating in the Communities Advancing the Studies of Tribal Nations Across the Lifespan cohortMarie K Fialkowski
Department of Health and Kinesiology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 110:65-73. 2010..This is especially important in Native Americans who display disease prevalence rates that are dramatically higher than the general US population...
- A review of the use of information and communication technologies for dietary assessmentJoy Ngo
Community Nutrition Research Centre of Nutrition Research Foundation, University of Barcelona Science Park, Baldiri Reixac 4, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Br J Nutr 101:S102-12. 2009..Both still need comprehensive evaluation for micronutrient intake assessment. Further work is necessary for improving ICT tools in established and new methods and for their rigorous evaluation...
- A Belgian study on the reliability and relative validity of the Health Behaviour in School-Aged Children food-frequency questionnaireCarine A Vereecken
Department of Public Health, Ghent University, University Hospital, Bloc A, 2nd Floor, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Public Health Nutr 6:581-8. 2003..The present study was conducted to assess the reliability and relative validity of the HBSC FFQ among school pupils in Belgium...
- Tracking of eating patterns and overweight - a follow-up study of Norwegian schoolchildren from middle childhood to early adolescenceInger M Oellingrath
Faculty of Health and Social Sciences, Department of Health Studies, Telemark University College, Porsgrunn, Norway
Nutr J 10:106. 2011....
- Comparison of techniques for self-monitoring eating and exercise behaviors on weight loss in a correspondence-based interventionDiane L Helsel
Department of Sports Medicine and Nutrition, Physical Activity and Weight Management Research Center, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 107:1807-10. 2007..These results may have implications for improving self-monitoring in overweight adults during periods of weight loss...
- Under-reporting of energy intake in the Canadian Community Health SurveyDidier Garriguet
Health Information and Research Division, Statistics Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0T6
Health Rep 19:37-45. 2008..Under-reporting of food consumption is a recurrent challenge for nutrition surveys. Past research suggests that under-reporting tends to be most pronounced among overweight and obese people...
- Can a low-glycemic index diet reduce the need for insulin in gestational diabetes mellitus? A randomized trialRobert G Moses
Illawarra Diabetes Service, South Eastern Sydney and Illawarra Area Health Service, Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Diabetes Care 32:996-1000. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine whether prescribing a low-glycemic index diet for women with GDM could reduce the number of women requiring insulin without compromise of pregnancy outcomes...
- Long-term nutrient intake and early age-related nuclear lens opacitiesP F Jacques
Laboratory for Nutrition and Vision, Jean Mayer US Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University, 711 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 119:1009-19. 2001..CONCLUSION: These results provide additional evidence that antioxidant nutrients play a role in the prevention of age-related nuclear lens opacities...
- Design characteristics of food frequency questionnaires in relation to their validityMarja L Molag
Department of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Am J Epidemiol 166:1468-78. 2007..The authors concluded that FFQs with more items are better able to rank people according to their intake and that they are able to distinguish between subpopulations, even though they underestimated the magnitude of these differences...
- A low-fat vegan diet and a conventional diabetes diet in the treatment of type 2 diabetes: a randomized, controlled, 74-wk clinical trialNeal D Barnard
Department of Medicine, George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 89:1588S-1596S. 2009..Low-fat vegetarian and vegan diets are associated with weight loss, increased insulin sensitivity, and improved cardiovascular health...
- Dietary quality indices and human health: a reviewGeorgia Kourlaba
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Harokopio University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Maturitas 62:1-8. 2009..Nevertheless, dietary indices are important tools to evaluate not only the diet quality, but also the relationship between dietary habits and several health outcomes...
- Use of recovery biomarkers to calibrate nutrient consumption self-reports in the Women's Health InitiativeMarian L Neuhouser
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Am J Epidemiol 167:1247-59. 2008..The authors confirm the existence of systematic bias in dietary self-reports and provide methods of correcting for measurement error...
- Daily, weekly, seasonal, within- and between-individual variation in nutrient intake according to four season consecutive 7 day weighed diet records in Japanese female dietitiansYuko Tokudome
Nagoya Bunri College, Japan
J Epidemiol 12:85-92. 2002..seasonal, within- and between-individual variance in intake of selected nutrients and minimal days necessary for assessing true intake with a specified degree of error based on four season consecutive 7 day weighed diet records (WDRs).
- Development and evaluation of a self-administered computerized 24-h dietary recall method for adolescents in EuropeC A Vereecken
Department of Public Health, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Int J Obes (Lond) 32:S26-34. 2008..To describe the development of a European computerized 24-h dietary recall method for adolescents, and to investigate the feasibility of self-administration (self report) by comparison with administration by a dietician (interview)...
- Dietary glycemic index and glycemic load are associated with metabolic control in type 2 diabetes: The CAPRI experienceKatherine Esposito
Department of Geriatrics and Metabolic Diseases, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 8:255-61. 2010..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the association between the dietary glycemic index (GI) and glycemic load (GL) with metabolic control in type 2 diabetic patients...
- Use of biological markers to validate self-reported dietary intake in a random sample of the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer United Kingdom Norfolk cohortN M McKeown
Medical Research Council, Dunn Human Nutrition Unit, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 74:188-96. 2001..However, with respect to plasma ascorbic acid, both the FFQ and 7-d food diary provided a similar ranking of subjects according to vitamin C intake...
- Comparison of a short food-frequency questionnaire and derived indices with a seven-day diet record in Belgian and Italian childrenCarine Anna Vereecken
Department of Public Health, Ghent University, UH, Bloc A, 2nd Floor, De Pintelaan 185, 9000, Ghent, Belgium
Int J Public Health 53:297-305. 2008..To compare food group intakes and dietary indices estimated from a 14-item food frequency questionnaire (FFQ) with a seven day diet record...
- The effect of personal characteristics on the validity of nutrient intake estimates using a food-frequency questionnaireGeoffrey C Marks
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Queensland 4029, Australia
Public Health Nutr 9:394-402. 2006....
- Evaluation and comparison of food records, recalls, and frequencies for energy and protein assessment by using recovery biomarkersRoss L Prentice
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, P O Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Am J Epidemiol 174:591-603. 2011..1% for energy; 20.3%, 32.7%, and 28.4% for protein; and 8.7%, 14.4%, and 10.4% for protein density. Calibration equations using any of the assessment procedures may yield suitable consumption estimates for epidemiologic study purposes...
- Validation of food diaries as measures of dietary behaviour changeSally L Pears
School of Psychology, Bangor University, Brigantia Building, Penrallt Rd, Bangor, Gwynedd LL57 2AS, United Kingdom
Appetite 58:1164-8. 2012..This issue is important for the establishment of a reliable evidence-base for healthy eating interventions...
- Statistical approaches for assessing the relative validity of a food-frequency questionnaire: use of correlation coefficients and the kappa statisticL F Masson
Department of Public Health, University of Aberdeen, Polwarth Building, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, Scotland, UK
Public Health Nutr 6:313-21. 2003To compare different statistical methods for assessing the relative validity of a self-administered, 150-item, semi-quantitative food-frequency questionnaire (FFQ) with 4-day weighed diet records (WR).
- Dietary assessment methods for micronutrient intake: a systematic review on vitaminsPatricia Henríquez-Sánchez
Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Br J Nutr 102:S10-37. 2009..26 to 0.38. The FFQ is an acceptable method of assessing vitamin intake. The present review provides new insights regarding the characteristics that assessment methods for dietary intake should fulfil...
- Comparison of digital photography to weighed and visual estimation of portion sizesDonald A Williamson
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 103:1139-45. 2003..The primary goal was to test the validity of digital photography for measuring food portion sizes compared with weighed foods and with direct visual estimation...
- Food intake of European adolescents in the light of different food-based dietary guidelines: results of the HELENA (Healthy Lifestyle in Europe by Nutrition in Adolescence) StudyKatharina Diethelm
Research Institute of Child Nutrition, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms University Bonn, Heinstueck 11, D 44225 Dortmund, Germany
Public Health Nutr 15:386-98. 2012..Therefore, the aim of the present study was to describe and evaluate the food consumption of a well-characterized sample of European adolescents against food-based dietary guidelines for the first time...
- Validity and reproducibility of the self-administered food frequency questionnaire in the JPHC Study Cohort I: study design, conduct and participant profilesShoichiro Tsugane
Epidemiology and Biostatistics Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute East, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
J Epidemiol 13:S2-12. 2003..The data from these surveys have been used to measure the validity and reproducibility of the estimated food groups and nutrient intake by each FFQ...
- Validation of photographic food records in children: are pictures really worth a thousand words?J A Higgins
Center for Human Nutrition, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 63:1025-33. 2009..We hypothesize that photographic food records to assess dietary intake will be as accurate as a standard food diary and will decrease participant/family burden...
- Milk, dairy fat, dietary calcium, and weight gain: a longitudinal study of adolescentsCatherine S Berkey
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:543-50. 2005..Milk is promoted as a healthy beverage for children, but some researchers believe that estrone and whey protein in dairy products may cause weight gain. Others claim that dairy calcium promotes weight loss...
- Relative validity of adolescent dietary patterns: a comparison of a FFQ and 3 d food recordGina L Ambrosini
Telethon Institute for Child Health Research, Centre for Child Health Research, University of Western Australia, Perth, WA, Australia
Br J Nutr 105:625-33. 2011..Comparable dietary patterns may be obtained from the FFQ and FR using exploratory factor analysis. This supports the use of major dietary patterns identified using the FFQ in this adolescent cohort...
- Changes in intake of key nutrients over 17 years during adult life of a British birth cohortC J Prynne
MRC Human Nutrition Research, Elsie Widdowson Laboratory, Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NL, UK
Br J Nutr 94:368-76. 2005..Most of these trends are in line with accepted nutritional guidelines. How far these changes are due to consumer choice and real changes in food composition or are due to artefacts inherent in the methodology is discussed...
- Unique dietary patterns and chronic disease risk profiles of adult men: the Framingham nutrition studiesBarbara E Millen
Graduate Programs in Medical Nutrition Sciences, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 105:1723-34. 2005..To identify the dietary patterns of adult men and examine their relationships with nutrient intake and chronic disease risk over long-term follow-up...
- Are dietary patterns stable throughout early and mid-childhood? A birth cohort studyKate Northstone
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, 24 Tyndall Avenue, Bristol BS8 1TQ, UK
Br J Nutr 100:1069-76. 2008..It is important to make regular dietary assessments during childhood in order to assess accurately the effects of diet on future health outcomes...
- High intra/interindividual variance ratios for energy and nutrient intakes of pregnant women in rural Malawi show that many days are required to estimate usual intakeJoshua Nyambose
School of Nutrition Science and Policy, the Jean Mayer U S Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging HNRCA, Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Nutr 132:1313-8. 2002....
- Long-term protein intake and dietary potential renal acid load are associated with bone modeling and remodeling at the proximal radius in healthy childrenUte Alexy
Research Institute of Child Nutrition, Dortmund, Germany
Am J Clin Nutr 82:1107-14. 2005..Protein and alkalizing minerals are increasingly described as playing a major role in influencing bone status, not only in the elderly but also in children and adolescents...
- Longitudinal changes in the accuracy of reported energy intake in girls 10-15 y of ageLinda G Bandini
General Clinical Research Center, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 78:480-4. 2003..However, significant underreporting of total energy intake (EI) has been found when EI is compared with total energy expenditure (EE) measured by doubly labeled water...
- Potential renal acid load in the diet of children and adolescents: impact of food groups, age and time trendsUte Alexy
Research Institute of Child Nutrition Dortmund FKE, Heinstueck 11, D 44225 Dortmund, Germany
Public Health Nutr 11:300-6. 2008..The impact of acid-base balance on health is widely accepted. Here, we describe the potential renal acid load (PRAL) in the diet of healthy German children and adolescents...
- The effect of maternal smoking status, educational level and age on food and nutrient intakes in preschool children: results from the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and ChildrenI Rogers
Unit of Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology, Division of Child Health, University of Bristol, 24 Tyndall Avenue, Bristol, UK
Eur J Clin Nutr 57:854-64. 2003..The objective of this study was to investigate the relation between maternal smoking status and nutrient intake in preschool children, allowing for the possible confounding effects of maternal educational level and age at delivery...
- Validity of a self-administered food frequency questionnaire used in the 5-year follow-up survey of the JPHC Study Cohort I: comparison with dietary records for food groupsSatoshi Sasaki
Epidemiology and Biostatistics Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute East, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
J Epidemiol 13:S57-63. 2003..But intake levels both at population and individual levels were difficult to estimate...
- Performance of a food-frequency questionnaire in the US NIH-AARP (National Institutes of Health-American Association of Retired Persons) Diet and Health StudyFrances E Thompson
US National Cancer Institute, EPN 4016, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20893 7344, USA
Public Health Nutr 11:183-95. 2008....
- The reliability of a food frequency questionnaire for use among adolescentsG L Ambrosini
Telethon Institute for Child Health Research, Centre for Developmental Health, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Eur J Clin Nutr 63:1251-9. 2009..Therefore, food frequency questionnaires (FFQs) deemed appropriate for use among adults may not be suitable for adolescents...
- Assessment of usual dietary intake in population studies of gene-diet interactionKatherine L Tucker
Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University, 711 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 17:74-81. 2007..Dietary intake is a critical environmental exposure when considering the effect of many genetic factors on disease risk. However, dietary intake is a complex and changing measure that requires particular care in assessment...
- Relative validity and reproducibility of a food-frequency questionnaire for estimating food intakes among Flemish preschoolersInge Huybrechts
Department of Public Health, Ghent University, University Hospital 2BlokA, Gent, Belgium
Int J Environ Res Public Health 6:382-99. 2009..5-6.5 year-old children for estimating food group intakes. Parents/guardians were used as a proxy. Estimated diet records (3d) were used as reference method and reproducibility was measured by repeated FFQ administrations five weeks ..
- Comparison of a food frequency questionnaire with an online dietary assessment tool for assessing preschool children's dietary intakeC Vereecken
Research Foundation Flanders, Department of Public Health, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
J Hum Nutr Diet 23:502-10. 2010..The present study aimed to investigate the relative validity of a food frequency questionnaire (FFQ) developed for use in a biennial longitudinal study...
- Modeling data with excess zeros and measurement error: application to evaluating relationships between episodically consumed foods and health outcomesVictor Kipnis
Biometry, Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, 6130 Executive Boulevard, EPN 3131, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7354, USA
Biometrics 65:1003-10. 2009..Finally, we present simulation results evaluating the performance of the proposed method in this context...
- Use of a mobile phone diary for observing weight management and related behavioursElina Mattila
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Tekniikankatu 1, Tampere, Finland
J Telemed Telecare 16:260-4. 2010..These preliminary results suggest that the mobile phone diary is a valid tool for observing weight management and related behaviours...
- Development and evaluation of cultural food frequency questionnaires for South Asians, Chinese, and Europeans in North AmericaLinda E Kelemen
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 103:1178-84. 2003..FFQs were developed from foods reported in the diet records and recalls of 29 South Asians, 25 Chinese, and 20 Europeans participating in a pilot study from 1995-1996 in ..
- Dietary potential renal acid load and renal net acid excretion in healthy, free-living children and adolescentsThomas Remer
Department of Nutrition and Health, the Research Institute of Child Nutrition, Dortmund, Germany
Am J Clin Nutr 77:1255-60. 2003..Experimental studies in adults showed that renal net acid excretion (NAE) can be reliably estimated from the composition of diets...
- Does energy intake underreporting involve all kinds of food or only specific food items? Results from the Fleurbaix Laventie Ville Santé (FLVS) studyL Lafay
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 258, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Villejuif, France
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 24:1500-6. 2000..To determine if energy intake underreporting concerns all major food groups or if it occurs for specific food groups only...
- Reproducibility and relative validity of a food-frequency questionnaire among French adults and adolescentsV Deschamps
INSERM, Unit 780, Villejuif, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 63:282-91. 2009..Our aim was to evaluate the reproducibility of a food-frequency questionnaire (FFQ) developed in a French population, and its validity against four 24-h dietary recalls (24-HRs)...
- Use of technology in children's dietary assessmentC J Boushey
Department of Foods and Nutrition, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2059, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 63:S50-7. 2009..Assessment among adolescents is problematic as this group has irregular eating patterns and they have less enthusiasm for recording food intake...
- Comparison between plasma and erythrocyte fatty acid content as biomarkers of fatty acid intake in US womenQi Sun
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 86:74-81. 2007..Erythrocyte fatty acids may be superior to plasma fatty acids for reflecting long-term fatty acid intake because of less sensitivity to recent intake and a slower turnover rate...
- Variation in intakes of calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron and potassium in 10 countries in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition studyA A Welch
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, MRC Centre for Nutritional Epidemiology in Cancer Prevention and Survival, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Eur J Clin Nutr 63:S101-21. 2009..This study aimed at investigating variation in intakes of selected minerals across 10 European countries participating in the EPIC (European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition) study...
- Short-term repeatability of a food frequency questionnaire in New Zealand children aged 1-14 yP A Metcalf
Division of Community Health, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Eur J Clin Nutr 57:1498-503. 2003..To evaluate the repeatability of a children's food frequency questionnaire (FFQ) by gender, ethnicity, and age group...
- Validity and reproducibility of an adolescent web-based food frequency questionnaireChristophe Matthys
Department of Public Health, Ghent University, UZ 2 Blok A, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Am Diet Assoc 107:605-10. 2007..To assess the validity and reproducibility of a newly developed, cost-effective, and easy to administer, Web-based food frequency questionnaire (FFQ) for the dietary assessment of adolescents...
- Reproducibility of a food frequency questionnaire for adolescentsDirce Maria Lobo Marchioni
Faculdade de Saude Publica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 23:2187-96. 2007..2%. By conclusion, the Adolescent Food Frequency Questionnaire showed reasonable reproducibility and can be used in studies that aim to classify groups into intake categories...
- Validation of a short food frequency questionnaire to assess folate intakeMaria Pufulete
Nutrition, Food and Health Research Centre, King s College London, UK
Br J Nutr 87:383-90. 2002..Overall, these results suggest that this short FFQ is a useful method for assessing folate intake, particularly in men...
- Risk factors for low iron intake and poor iron status in a national sample of British young people aged 4-18 yearsC W Thane
MRC Human Nutrition Research, Elsie Widdowson Laboratory, Fulbourn Road, CB1 9NL, UK
Public Health Nutr 6:485-96. 2003..To examine the prevalence and dietary, sociodemographic and lifestyle risk factors of low iron intake and poor iron status in British young people...
- Validity and reliability of a dietary assessment method: the application of a digital camera with a mobile phone card attachmentDa Hong Wang
Department of Public Health, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 48:498-504. 2002..92 for vitamin B12 (median r = 0.78). In conclusion, the results indicate this dietary assessment instrument can usefully measure individual dietary intakes for a variety of nutrients in an epidemiologic study...
- Validation and reproducibility of food frequency questionnaire for Korean genome epidemiologic studyY Ahn
Center for Genomic Science, National Institute of Health, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Seoul, Korea
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:1435-41. 2007..To evaluate validity and reliability of the food-frequency questionnaire (FFQ) developed for the Korean Genome Epidemiologic Study (KoGES)...
- Dietary intake measurementsIngrid H E Rutishauser
School of Health Sciences, Deakin University Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Public Health Nutr 8:1100-7. 2005....
- The effect of including a conventional snack (cereal bar) and a nonconventional snack (almonds) on hunger, eating frequency, dietary intake and body weightS Zaveri
The State Hospital, Carstairs, Lanark, ML11 8RP, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 22:461-8. 2009..The present study aimed to assess the impact of providing either a conventional snack (cereal bar) or a nonconventional snack (almonds) on eating frequency, hunger rating, dietary intake, body weight and blood lipids...
- Evidence-based development of a mobile telephone food recordBethany L Six
Department of Foods and Nutrition, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2059, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 110:74-9. 2010..Further, these results suggest that additional training in using a new technology may improve the accuracy among users...
- Evaluation of a mobile phone-based diet game for weight controlWonbok Lee
U healthcare Team, LG CNS, Seoul, Korea
J Telemed Telecare 16:270-5. 2010..The SmartDiet mobile weight management application appears to contribute to weight loss in obese adults...
- Validity of the self-administered food frequency questionnaire used in the 5-year follow-up survey of the JPHC Study Cohort I: comparison with dietary records for main nutrientsShoichiro Tsugane
Epidemiology and Biostatistics Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute East, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
J Epidemiol 13:S51-6. 2003..In conclusion, the results suggest that the FFQ can be used in the JPHC Study Cohort I to rank individuals according to the intakes for most of the nutrients examined...
- Validity and reproducibility of a self-administered food frequency questionnaire in the JPHC Study Cohort II: study design, participant profile and results in comparison with Cohort IJunko Ishihara
Cancer Information and Epidemiology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute
J Epidemiol 13:S134-47. 2003..Correlation coefficients for reproducibility ranged from 0.42 to 0.82, similar to those of Cohort I...
- The time of day and the proportions of macronutrients eaten are related to total daily food intakeJohn M De Castro
College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX 77341, USA
Br J Nutr 98:1077-83. 2007....
- A review of food frequency questionnaires developed and validated in JapanKenji Wakai
Department of Preventive Medicine Biostatistics and Medical Decision Making, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Showa Ku, Nagoya, Japan
J Epidemiol 19:1-11. 2009..Because dietary habits vary greatly, the FFQ must be tailored for use with specific populations. The usefulness of FFQs in Japan was assessed by reviewing questionnaires developed and validated in that country...
- Food and nutrient intakes of a population sample of 3-year-old children in the south west of England in 1996Pauline Emmett
Unit of Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology, University of Bristol, UK
Public Health Nutr 5:55-64. 2002..To investigate food and nutrient intakes in 3-year-old children...
- Underreporting of energy intake in repeated 24-hour recalls related to gender, age, weight status, day of interview, educational level, reported food intake, smoking habits and area of livingG Johansson
Department of Food and Nutrition, University of Umea, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Public Health Nutr 4:919-27. 2001....
- Protein intake estimated by weighed diet records in patients with type 2 diabetes: misreporting and intra-individual variability using 24-hour nitrogen output as criterion standardJuliana Dos Santos Vaz
Department of Internal Medicine, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Am Diet Assoc 108:867-72. 2008..with under- or overreporting of protein intake in nutrition assessment tools, as well as the variability of diet records, have not been fully established...
- Heritability of hunger relationships with food intake in free-living humansJ M de Castro
Neuropsychology and Behavioral Neuroscience Program, Department of Psychology, Georgia State University, Atlanta 30303 3083, USA
Physiol Behav 67:249-58. 1999....
- Effects of a low-fat vegan diet and a Step II diet on macro- and micronutrient intakes in overweight postmenopausal womenGabrielle M Turner-McGrievy
Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, Department of Medicine, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Science, Washington, DC, USA
Nutrition 20:738-46. 2004..This study investigated the nutrient intake of overweight postmenopausal women assigned to a low-fat vegan diet or a Step II diet...
- Standardization of the 24-hour diet recall calibration method used in the european prospective investigation into cancer and nutrition (EPIC): general concepts and preliminary resultsN Slimani
Unit of Nutrition and Cancer, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 54:900-17. 2000..In addition, an analysis of variance was performed to examine the level of standardization of EPIC-SOFT across the 90 interviewers involved in the study...
- Sucrose compared with artificial sweeteners: different effects on ad libitum food intake and body weight after 10 wk of supplementation in overweight subjectsAnne Raben
Research Department of Human Nutrition, Centre for Advanced Food Studies, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Am J Clin Nutr 76:721-9. 2002..The role of artificial sweeteners in body-weight regulation is still unclear...
- Dietary assessment methods on n-3 fatty acid intake: a systematic reviewNina C Øverby
Department of Nutrition, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Oslo, Blindern, Oslo, Norway
Br J Nutr 102:S56-63. 2009..The literature describes subcutaneous fat as the best reference method, and the studies where this was used had moderate correlation coefficients and no dietary intake method was superior to any other...
- Relative validity of a short food frequency questionnaire for assessing nutrient intake versus three-day weighed diet records in middle-aged JapaneseYuko Tokudome
Department of Health and Nutrition, School of Health and Human Life, Nagoya Bunri University, Aichi, Japan
J Epidemiol 15:135-45. 2005..Validation studies on brief food frequency questionnaires (FFQs) for measuring consumption of macro- and micro-nutrients for the general populace are not fully executed in Japan...
- Effects of long-term intervention with low- and high-glycaemic-index breakfasts on food intake in children aged 8-11 yearsC Jeya K Henry
Nutrition and Food Science Group, School of Life Sciences, Oxford Brookes University, Gipsy Lane Campus, Headington, Oxford, OX3 0BP, UK
Br J Nutr 98:636-40. 2007..Both dietary fibre and carbohydrate type may affect GI, thus their potential and relative modulating effect on appetite requires further investigation...
- Changes in the intake of vitamins and minerals by men and women with hyperlipidemia and overweight during dietetic treatmentA Grzybek
Outpatient Clinic of Metabolic Diseases, National Food and Nutrition Institute, Warsaw, Poland
Eur J Clin Nutr 56:1162-8. 2002..To assess the influence of a low-fat, low-energy diet on the intake of vitamins and minerals in patients with overweight and hyperlipidemia...
- Reliability and validity of Web-SPAN, a web-based method for assessing weight status, diet and physical activity in youthK E Storey
School of Public Health, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Hum Nutr Diet 25:59-68. 2012..The present study aimed to assess the reliability and validity of the Web-Survey of Physical Activity and Nutrition (Web-SPAN) for self-report of height and weight, diet and physical activity by youth...
- Disaggregating composite food codes in the UK National Diet and Nutrition Survey food composition databankE Fitt
Population Nutrition Research, MRC Human Nutrition Research, Cambridge, UK
Eur J Clin Nutr 64:S32-6. 2010..To disaggregate composite food codes used in the UK National Diet and Nutrition Survey (NDNS) into their individual food components in order to provide a more complete estimate of intake at the individual food level...
- Validity and reproducibility of a food frequency questionnaire for pregnant Finnish womenM Erkkola
Tampere School of Public Health, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Am J Epidemiol 154:466-76. 2001..44 (ice cream) to 0.91 (coffee). The authors conclude that the FFQ has an acceptable reproducibility and represents a useful tool for categorizing pregnant women according to their dietary intake...
- Convergent validity of a digital image-based food record to assess food group intake in youthTimothy B Matthiessen
Department of Nutrition Services, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 111:756-61. 2011..001). These results show great potential for use of DIFR to assess 1 day's intake of food groups, but more research is needed to determine how well the method performs in capturing usual intake and changes in intake...
- Validation of personal digital photography to assess dietary quality among people with intellectual disabilitiesL S Elinder
Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Intellect Disabil Res 56:221-6. 2012..This study aimed to evaluate personal digital photography as a method of assessing different aspects of dietary quality in this target group...
- Prenatal diet, PM2.5 and programming of the infant autonomic responseRosalind J Wright; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Validity of Diet and Activity Measures in MenMeir Stampfer; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Protein intake, nutrition and cardiovascular disease in stage V CKDSrinivasan Beddhu; Fiscal Year: 2011..Relevance to public health: This study will examine in HD patients the role of protein intake in malnutrition and cardiovascular disease, two of the most important problems in these patients. ..
- Objective Monitoring of Energy Intake and Ingestive Behavior in a Free Living PopEDWARD S SAZONOV; Fiscal Year: 2011..Using cameras to assess food intake appears to be comparable to diet but even when multimedia diet records that include tape recorders and cameras are used, it appears that people still underreport their food intake...
- iDATA/MEASURETerisa Davis; Fiscal Year: 2013..Common data elements across the three studies include food frequency questionnaires, diet records, 24-hour dietary recalls, accelerometers, anthropometry, demographics resting metabolic rate, physical activity ..
- MEGESTROL ACETATE FOR TREATMENT OF CANCER CACHEXIADavid Heber; Fiscal Year: 1992..These studies should provide critical information in understanding the action of this promising new approach to this important clinical problem...
- REPRODUCTIVE DEVELOPMENT & BONE ACCRETION IN YOUNG WOMENThomas Lloyd; Fiscal Year: 1999..measurements, reproductive hormone measurement from serum samples, nutrient analyses from three day diet records, physical activity assessed by questionnaire, physical fitness measured by cycle ergometry, and bone-specific ..
- BONE ESTROGEN STRENGTH TRAININGTimothy Lohman; Fiscal Year: 2000..Extensive dietary intake data are collected using diet records and food frequency questionnaires...
- THE MODIFICATION OF DIET IN RENAL DISEASE (MDRD) STUDYLawrence Hunsicker; Fiscal Year: 1993..In addition six regional nephrologists, 5 HMOs, and a clinic caring for low income patients have agreed to refer patients...
- DIET AND CANCER IN CHINAColin Campbell; Fiscal Year: 1993..and store remaining individual samples) and calculate the intakes of nutrients and other dietary constituents from 8280 diet records. (Another 1800 comparable questionnaires and biological specimens will be similarly processed in Taiwan.)
- EXERCISE AND CALCIUM EFFECT ON THE GROWING BONECharlotte Sanborn; Fiscal Year: 2001..A secondary objective is to compare the bone mineral accretion of U.S. children to Canadian children undergoing a similar skeletal loading protocol. ..
- Validation of Preschool and High School Diet RecallKARIN MICHELS; Fiscal Year: 2006..The Fels Longitudinal Study provides a unique opportunity to validate instruments of dietary recall. Seven-day diet records from birth until age 18 years are available for the study participants and most of the participants and their ..
- A new Device for Dietary AssessmentB Parker; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Predicting Energy Balance in Midlife WomenMarla Reicks; Fiscal Year: 2005..driven by the rational and situational/emotional needs that underlie food choices, 3) measure energy balance (diet records, activity monitor and indirect calorimetry), and 4) use multiple regression analyses to determine whether ..
- FOOD AND EXERCISE HABITS IN FRAMINGHAM STUDY DESCENDENTSCURTIS ELLISON; Fiscal Year: 2000..The investigators have collected extensive dietary data with an average of 32 days of diet records and almost 50 days of electronically monitored physical activity data for each subject...
- LAYPERSON'S DIETARY DATA COLLECTION/ANALYSIS SYSTEMPeter Berger; Fiscal Year: 1991..This will allow dietary studies to collect more records at lower cost...
- WEIGHT LOSS IN OBESE BREAST CANCER SURVIVORSZora Djuric; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study should be useful to determine certain psychosocial are associated with extent of weight loss, and in turn whether weight loss is associated with changes in selected markers of breast cancer risk. ..
- Dietary Patterns, Obesity and Associated Metabolic Outcomes in Adolescent GirlsLYNN MOORE; Fiscal Year: 2008..The specific aims of the proposal include the following: 1) to create a food-based data set from diet records collected over nine years in the NGHS by linking NDS data with Pyramid Serving Database for USDA Survey Food ..
- DIETARY INTERVENTION--WOMEN HIGH RISK FOR BREAST CANCERZora Djuric; Fiscal Year: 2002..The use of biomarkers will allow to evaluate the cancer-protective effects of dietary modulation over a relatively short period of time. ..
- Effectiveness of Guided Self-Help for Binge EatingRuth Striegel Moore; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed study will answer the question whether CBT- GSH is an effective early step intervention for the treatment of binge eating disorders. ..
- Exploring strategies to increase school breakfast consumption in middle schoolsKaren Cullen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Improving SB participation may be an important public health environmental intervention with both significant health and academic outcomes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TREATMENT PREFERENCE AND VEGETARIAN DIET IN WEIGHT LOSSLora Burke; Fiscal Year: 2005..Additionally, the study will provide information on the role of treatment preference, its effect on behavioral and clinical outcomes, and participants' characteristics by treatment preference. ..
- Familys' Web: Cancer Prevention for DaughtersKaren Cullen; Fiscal Year: 2003..This feasibility or pilot study will provide the foundation for a full scale intervention focused on dietary change. ..
- INCREASING SCHOOL SNACK BAR FRUIT AND VEGETABLE INTAKEKaren Cullen; Fiscal Year: 2001..Positive findings from this study should be applicable to middle schools where snack bars are available. ..
- Psychosocial Determinants of Nutrient Intake in GirlsRuth Striegel Moore; Fiscal Year: 2004..Adult weight was also measured. Results from our secondary analyses will be useful for interventions aimed at improving nutritional health. ..
- Improving Self-Monitoring in Weight Loss with TechnologyLora E Burke; Fiscal Year: 2010..Subjects will complete assessments at baseline, 6, 12, 18, and 24 months. This innovative study will provide information on the efficacy of combining technological advances with proven behavioral strategies. ..
- Long-term changes in weight and adipokines and the associations with genetic variLora E Burke; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study and mentoring strategies will be placed in the context of an area of NINR emphasis - promoting health and preventing disease as it addresses a highly prevalent chronic disorder - overweight and obesity. ..
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR OPHTHALMOLOGIC AND CLUSTER DATABernard Rosner; Fiscal Year: 2008..qeocities.com/bernardrosner/channina.html). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Children's Dietary Recalls: Methodology and AccuracySUZANNE BAXTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results from this methodological project could have major implications for how 24hDRs are obtained from children in future national surveys, NIH-funded studies, and other studies. ..
- Metabolic and Epidemiologic Evaluation of Choline and Betaine IntakeEunyoung Cho; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Reducing snack food variety during obesity treatmentHollie Raynor; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will be the first investigation to examine methods of manipulating dietary variety that can be adhered to over time and that influence intake, weight loss, and weight loss maintenance. ..
- Predictors of Dietary Quality in Low-Income Pregnant WomenEileen R Fowles; Fiscal Year: 2010..More effective targeted strategies initiated within this narrow window of time may reduce the number of low birth weight infants and improve obstetrical outcomes. ..
- Diet and Genetic Risks for Prostate CancerMarian Neuhouser; Fiscal Year: 2005..To date, there are 718 confirmed cases of primary prostatic carcinoma. This proposed study will provide important information about prostate cancer etiology and suggest new strategies for prevention and control. ..
- MEASUREMENT ERROR, NUTRITION AND BREAST/COLON CANCERRaymond Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2004..An important application of this extension will be to nonparametric calibration in dietary intake studies. ..
- Evaluation of Biological Relevance of Choline IntakeEunyoung Cho; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results from the proposed grant will enhance understanding of the role of choline intake in humans and lay the groundwork for future studies on choline intake and overall methyl-group-deficient diet and cancer. ..
- Memory Errors in Children's Dietary RecallsSUZANNE BAXTER; Fiscal Year: 2004..Healthful dietary habits will decrease the risk of such chronic diseases as cardiovascular diseases. ..
- An Exploratory Center for Obesity Research (RMI)Adam Drewnowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..By promoting interagency collaborations, these efforts will help the NIH develop a roadmap on how to effectively translate research findings into national, state, and local health policy. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CLINICAL RESEARCH CURRICULA FOR PHYSICIANS/MED STUDENTSThomas Lloyd; Fiscal Year: 2004..A major goal of The Penn State Program is to prepare physicians to conduct clinical research and to become successful in applying for external funding. ..
- Postprandial glycemic response to 4-week low and high glycemic load dietsMarian Neuhouser; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- USE OF ANTIOXIDANT SUPPLEMENTS AND OXIDATIVE DNA DAMAGEMarian Neuhouser; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HIV Prevention Among Adolescent WomenJennifer Di Noia; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Abdominal Symptom Phenotypes: Pathways to New BiomarkersRobert Shulman; Fiscal Year: 2010..New biomarkers (video capsule endoscopy, lymphocyte activation/cytokine diffuse noxious inhibitory control testing) will be used with newly recruited IBS and control subjects. ..
- National Nutrient Databank ConferencePhyllis Stumbo; Fiscal Year: 2004..Scholarships are requested to increase participation by minority and disadvantaged students. ..
- FOUR-CORNERS BREAST AND ENDOMETRIAL CANCER STUDYMaria Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2003..C-peptide, glycosylated hemoglobin, IGF-1, and IGFBP3 will be evaluated with respect to breast and endometrial cancer in a subset of women. ..
- Development of Diet Methodology for N-nitroso CompoundsJANICE STUFF; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Cognitive Remediation Therapy for Anorexia NervosaJames Lock; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- LA Health:Primary and Secondary Obesity PreventionDonald Williamson; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of this investigation will significantly impact public health policy related to obesity prevention in rural communities, minority communities, and in children from families that are economically disadvantaged. ..
- Developing Educational Approaches for Mexican-AmericansJulio Licinio; Fiscal Year: 2005..Their input will also be incorporated into the article that will be submitted to a peer-reviewed journal. ..
- Bone-Sparing by Ca Salts With & Without Extra PhosphorusRobert Heaney; Fiscal Year: 2008..1 Description, ..
- A Cafeteria-Based Study of Weight Gain PreventionMichael Lowe; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Nutritional/Inflammatory Evaluation of Dialysis PatientsKamyar Kalantar Zadeh; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Language/theory/food conception and eating behaviorJULIE LUMENG; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results of the proposed experiments will lead to the development of an intervention program to alter children's food preferences and eating behavior that will be tested in subsequent studies. ..
- Development of Objective Methods for Fluorosis DiagnosisESPERANZA MARTINEZ MIER; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PRIDE: Program to Reduce Incontinence by Diet & ExerciseRena Wing; Fiscal Year: 2007..If effective in womenwith incontinence, the methods and strategies of this innovative motivationally-focusedmaintenance intervention can beexamined n other obese populations. ..
- Weight Management Skills--African American OutpatientsShiriki Kumanyika; Fiscal Year: 2005..Group 0. Secondary analyses will compare the respective treatment and control groups on diet, physical activity, and clinical CVD risk factor changes and will assess predictors of outcomes and cost-effectiveness. ..
- Nutritional and Hormonal Determinants of Peak Bone MassMadhusmita Misra; Fiscal Year: 2008..The effects of estrogen in weight recovered vs. non-weight recovered AN will also be studied. ..
- Long-term follow-up of postobese black and white womenBarbara Gower; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Women's Health Complementary and Alternative TherapiesMargaret Heitkemper; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Metabolic Consequences of Low & High Carbohydrate DietsNjeri Karanja; Fiscal Year: 2008..The primary outcome is a change in weight between the beginning of the study and the end of 30 months of follow-up. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Cancer, Benign Breast Disease, and Isoflavone Metabolism in Chinese WomenJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CONSEQUENCES AND CORRELATES OF WEIGHT FLUCTUATIONSAlison Field; Fiscal Year: 2002..Conversely, if only unintentional weight loss is associated with increased risk, then the current recommendations for overweight people to lose weight or at least not gain weight would be appropriate. ..