Genomes and Genes
karnofsky performance status
Summary: A performance measure for rating the ability of a person to perform usual activities, evaluating a patient's progress after a therapeutic procedure, and determining a patient's suitability for therapy. It is used most commonly in the prognosis of cancer therapy, usually after chemotherapy and customarily administered before and after therapy. It was named for Dr. David A. Karnofsky, an American specialist in cancer chemotherapy.
Publications186 found, 100 shown here
- Initial chemotherapy in gliomatosis cerebriM Sanson
Fédération de Neurologie Mazarin, Groupe hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Neurology 63:270-5. 2004..Because of the diffuse nature of gliomatosis cerebri (GC), surgery is not suitable, and large field radiotherapy carries the risk of severe toxicity. In this setting, initial chemotherapy warrants further investigation...
- Surgical patterns of care in operable lung carcinoma treated with radiationJoe Y Chang
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:526-31. 2006..To determine the national surgical practice patterns of care for operable lung cancer patients treated with radiation...
- Symptom monitoring and dependent care during cancer treatment in children: pilot studyPhoebe D Williams
University of Kansas School of Nursing, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Cancer Nurs 29:188-97. 2006..The first 2 categories were the most used. Systematic assessment with a self-report checklist enables the provider to identify and prioritize (according to reported severity) those symptoms needing intervention...
- Quality of life following allogeneic stem cell transplantation, comparing parents' and children's perspectiveUlla Forinder
Department of Paediatrics, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Pediatr Transplant 10:491-6. 2006....
- Comorbidity and KPS are independent prognostic factors in stage I non-small-cell lung cancerSelim Firat
Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 52:1047-57. 2002..To determine the prognostic role of comorbidity in Stage I non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) treated with surgery or radiotherapy (RT)...
- Prognostic factors for survival of patients with glioblastoma: recursive partitioning analysisKathleen R Lamborn
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0112, USA
Neuro Oncol 6:227-35. 2004..An intermediate-risk group included patients with Karnofsky performance status (KPS) >70, subtotal or total resection, and age between 40 and 65...
- Assessing cancer symptoms in adolescents with cancer using the Taiwanese version of the M. D. Anderson Symptom InventoryTsui Hwa Tseng
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Cancer Nurs 31:E9-16. 2008..adolescent cancer patients with a low functional status and those with a high functional status (Karnofsky Performance Status scores <or= 80 and >80, respectively)...
- Prediction of survival for advanced cancer patients by recursive partitioning analysis: role of Karnofsky performance status, quality of life, and symptom distressShirley S Hwang
Section of Hematology Oncology, VA New Jersey Health Care System, East Orange, New Jersey 07018, USA
Cancer Invest 22:678-87. 2004..The Cox model analysis also was performed. Both RPA and Cox models included Karnofsky performance status (KPS), age, FACT-G subscales, and MSAS-SF subscales as survival predictors...
- Safety and efficacy of permanent iodine-125 seed implants and carmustine wafers in patients with recurrent glioblastoma multiformeBorimir J Darakchiev
Department of Neurosurgery, The Neuroscience Institute, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0515, USA
J Neurosurg 108:236-42. 2008..This study assessed the efficacy and safety of these therapies in combination following tumor resection...
- Symptom clusters in cancer patients with brain metastasesE Chow
Rapid Response Radiotherapy Program, Odette Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 20:76-82. 2008..To explore the presence of symptom clusters in patients with brain metastases...
- Results of whole brain radiotherapy and recursive partitioning analysis in patients with brain metastases from renal cell carcinoma: a retrospective studySteven B Cannady
Department of Otolaryngology, Brain Tumor Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 58:253-8. 2004..5 months vs. 2.7 months vs. 0.4 months, p = 0.0289). However, the Karnofsky performance status and RPA class were confounding factors in these data...
- Neurobehavioral status and health-related quality of life in newly diagnosed high-grade glioma patientsM Klein
Department of Medical Psychology, Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 19:4037-47. 2001..To evaluate the health-related quality of life (HRQOL) and cognitive functioning of high-grade glioma patients in the postneurosurgical period...
- Testing psychometric properties of the standard Chinese version of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Quality of Life Core Questionnaire 30 (EORTC QLQ-C30)Hong Zhao
SSchool of Nursing, Peking Union Medical College, Badachulu, Shijingshan District, Bejling 100041, China
J Epidemiol 14:193-203. 2004..Score changes were also observed in the appetite loss item. CONCLUSION: The standard Chinese version of the EORTC QLQ-C30 is overall a valid instrument to assess the quality of life of Chinese cancer patients...
- Neoplastic meningitis-related prognostic significance of the Karnofsky performance statusMarc C Chamberlain
University of Washington, Department of Neurology and Neurological Surgery, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, 825 Eastlake Ave E, Mail Stop G 4940, Seattle, WA 98109 1023, USA
Arch Neurol 66:74-8. 2009The prognostic significance of Karnofsky performance status in neoplastic meningitis (NM) has not been demonstrated in patient groups similarly matched for known prognostic variables.
- Symptom clusters in patients with cancer with metastatic bone painStephanie Hadi
Department of Radiation Oncology, Odette Cancer Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Palliat Med 11:591-600. 2008..Secondary objectives were to determine whether symptom clusters change with palliative radiotherapy (RT) and to compare the difference between responders and nonresponders to radiation...
- A prognostic index that predicts outcome following palliative whole brain radiotherapy for patients with metastatic malignant melanomaS L Morris
Melanoma Unit, The Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Trust, 203 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JJ, UK
Br J Cancer 91:829-33. 2004..We identified that patients with RPA class 3, leptomeningeal involvement or RPA class 2 with poor prognostic index are unlikely to benefit from palliative WBRT...
- The use of hypofractionated intensity-modulated irradiation in the treatment of glioblastoma multiforme: preliminary results of a prospective trialKhalil Sultanem
Department of Oncology, Division of Radiation Oncology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 58:247-52. 2004..We report our preliminary results using hypofractionated intensity-modulated accelerated radiotherapy regimen in the treatment of patients with GBM...
- A multivariate analysis of 416 patients with glioblastoma multiforme: prognosis, extent of resection, and survivalM Lacroix
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
J Neurosurg 95:190-8. 2001..Gross-total tumor resection is associated with longer survival in patients with GBM, especially when other predictive variables are favorable...
- Recursive partitioning analysis (RPA) of prognostic factors in three Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) brain metastases trialsL Gaspar
Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 37:745-51. 1997....
- Salvage therapy in patients with glioblastoma: is there any benefit?Peter Hau
Klinik und Poliklinik für Neurologie der Universität Regensburg im Bezirksklinikum, Regensburg, Germany
Cancer 98:2678-86. 2003..Their objectives were to improve patients' overall survival with sustained quality of life and to make comparisons with overall survival in unselected patients...
- The use of recursive partitioning analysis grouping in patients with brain metastases from non-small-cell lung cancerHülya Gülbaş
MD, Department of Radiation Oncology, Inonu University Faculty of Medicine, Malatya, TR 44280, Turkey
Jpn J Clin Oncol 36:193-6. 2006..This study evaluates the use of recursive partitioning analysis (RPA) grouping in an attempt to predict the survival probabilities in patients with brain metastases from non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Hypofractionated radiotherapy for poor prognosis malignant glioma: matched pair survival analysis with MRC controlsJ J McAleese
Neuro-oncology Unit and Academic Unit of Radiotherapy and Oncology, The Institute of Cancer Research and The Royal Marsden NHS Trust, London, UK
Radiother Oncol 67:177-82. 2003..It is postulated that there may not be a significant difference in good quality survival or 'quality adjusted survival' between the two regimens and this requires testing in prospective trials...
- Surgical and palliative management and outcome in 184 patients with hilar cholangiocarcinoma: palliative photodynamic therapy plus stenting is comparable to r1/r2 resectionHelmut Witzigmann
Department of Surgery II, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Ann Surg 244:230-9. 2006..Second, to compare long-term outcome in patients undergoing surgical or palliative treatment, and third to evaluate the role of photodynamic therapy in this concept...
- Prognostic relevance of p53 protein expression in glioblastomaPeter Birner
Institute of Clinical Pathology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Oncol Rep 9:703-7. 2002..0399, log-rank test). In multivariate analysis of overall survival (Cox regression) only postoperative Karnofsky performance status remained as independent prognostic factor...
- Patients with brain metastases: hope for recursive partitioning analysis (RPA) class 3Johannes Lutterbach
, Abteilung Strahlenheilkunde, Hugstetter Strasse 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Radiother Oncol 63:339-45. 2002..The variables age, status of the primary, and number of brain metastases allow the division of class 3 into prognostic subgroups. Even class 3 patients may benefit from more aggressive treatment strategies...
- Validation of the RTOG recursive partitioning analysis (RPA) classification for small-cell lung cancer-only brain metastasesGregory M M Videtic
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 67:240-3. 2007..Clinical trials for patients with brain metastases generally exclude small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) cases. We hypothesize that the RPA classes are valid in the setting of SCLC brain metastases...
- Intensified local treatment and systemic therapy significantly increase survival in patients with brain metastases from advanced breast cancer - a retrospective analysisRupert Bartsch
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiobiology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Radiother Oncol 80:313-7. 2006..In other individuals however, intensified local treatment and systemic treatment appear to influence cerebral time to progression and overall survival...
- Health status measurements at diagnosis as predictors of survival among adults with brain tumorsHelen McCarter
The Juravinski Cancer Centre, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 24:3636-43. 2006..022), 26% (P = .015), 36% (P = .021), and 18% (P = .035), respectively. CONCLUSION: Scores derived from the measurement of HRQL following diagnosis can predict survival in adults with brain tumors...
- Recursive partitioning analysis (RPA) class does not predict survival in patients with four or more brain metastasesCarsten Nieder
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiologic Oncology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 179:16-20. 2003..If up to three brain metastases are present, surgical resection or radiosurgery are currently being considered in case of favorable prognostic factors...
- Prognostic factor analysis in advanced gastric cancer patients treated with hydroxyurea, leucovorin, 5-fluorouracil, and cisplatin (HLFP regimen)Christophe Louvet
Service de médecine interne oncologie, Hopital St Antoine, 184 rue du fbg St Antonie, 75012, Paris, France
Cancer Invest 21:14-20. 2003..Response rate and survival in patients with gastric linitis or diffuse forms were in the same range as in patients with intestinal forms of gastric adenocarcinoma...
- Pathologic N1 non-small cell lung cancer: correlation between pattern of lymphatic spread and prognosisAlessandro Marra
Department of Thoracic Surgery and Endoscopy, Ruhrlandklinik, Essen, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 125:543-53. 2003..Patients with N1 non-small cell lung cancer represent a heterogeneous population with varying long-term survivals. Prognosis and pattern of recurrence seem to be particularly affected by the level of lymph node involvement...
- Prognostic factors affecting the outcome of brain metastases from breast cancerMu Tai Liu
Department of Radiation Oncology, Changhua Christian Hospital, Changhua, Taiwan, Republic of China
Support Care Cancer 14:936-42. 2006..The purpose of this study is to analyze the overall survival rate of patients with brain metastases from breast cancer and to determine prognostic factors affecting outcomes of these patients...
- [Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of brain metastases]Elona Juozaityte
Clinic of Oncology, Kaunas University of Medicine, 3007 Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 39:804-11. 2003..Chemotherapy is not the primary therapy for these patients. The overall prognosis for patients with brain metastases remains poor...
- Indicators of functional status for primary malignant brain tumour patientsMiguel Bussière
Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, London Health Sciences of Western Ontario, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 32:50-6. 2005..We compared the functional status and survival time of patients with malignant gliomas...
- Gamma knife surgery for brain metastases: indications for and limitations of a local treatment protocolT Serizawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Chiba Cardiovascular Center, Ichihara, Japan
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 147:721-6; discussion 726. 2005..The purpose of this retrospective study was to evaluate results of a local treatment protocol using gamma knife surgery (GKS) for brain metastases without upfront whole brain radiation therapy (WBRT)...
- The role of surgery in the treatment of brain metastasis: a retrospective reviewS Yoshida
Department of Neurosurgery, Niigata Cancer Center Hospital, Niigata, Japan
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 146:767-70. 2004..To determine if this summary reflects the critical prognostic imbalance of population, further studies with randomized comparison are required...
- Stereotactic radiosurgical treatment in 103 patients for 153 cerebral melanoma metastasesUgur Selek
Department of Radiation Oncology, Brain Tumor Center, The University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 59:1097-106. 2004..RESULTS: Median age was 51 years (range, 18-93 years). Median Karnofsky performance status was 90. Sixty-one patients (59%) had single brain metastasis at presentation...
- Self-expandable metallic stents for palliation of malignant esophageal obstruction: special reference to quality of life and survival of patientsK Yajima
Division of Digestive and General Surgery, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Dis Esophagus 17:71-5. 2004..One-third of the patients are incapable of obtaining the benefits of the palliative therapy. EMS deployment should be prudently selected for patients exhibiting low performance status...
- Prognostication in hospice care: can the palliative performance scale help?Barbara Head
Program for Advanced Chronic Illness and End of Life Care, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
J Palliat Med 8:492-502. 2005..Prognostic information facilitates more realistic decision making regarding ongoing treatment, fosters risk-benefit considerations of specific interventions, and contributes to appropriate utilization of health care services...
- Lymphopenia: a new independent prognostic factor for survival in patients treated with whole brain radiotherapy for brain metastases from breast carcinomaLine Claude
Department of Radiation Oncology, , Lyon, France
Radiother Oncol 76:334-9. 2005..If confirmed in predictive models, the identification of prognostic subgroups, based on KPS and lymphopenia, among patients with BM from breast cancer would help physicians select patients for future clinical trials...
- Treatment of solitary brain metastasis. Resection followed by whole brain radiation therapy (WBRT) and a radiation boost to the metastatic siteDirk Rades
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiooncology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 180:144-7. 2004..The optimum radiation schedule has yet to be defined. The authors' experience with a postoperative approach including WBRT and a radiation boost to the metastatic site is presented...
- Role of stereotactic radiosurgery as a primary treatment option in the management of newly diagnosed multiple (3-6) intracranial metastasesAjay Jawahar
Department of Neurosurgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, Shreveport, LA 71130, USA
Surg Neurol 64:207-12. 2005..The objective of this study was to assess the role of stereotactic radiosurgery in the management of newly diagnosed multiple intracranial metastases from known primary cancer locations...
- Hematologic counts and clinical correlates in 1201 newly diagnosed lung cancer patientsD Ferrigno
Azienda Ospedaliera S Croce e Carle, Cuneo and Cuneo Lung Cancer Study Group, Cuneo, I 12100, Italy
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 59:193-8. 2003..Many factors have prognostic significance in lung cancer. However, their practical value remains controversial except for stage of disease, performance status, and, perhaps, weight loss...
- Results of the whole-brain radiotherapy for patients with brain metastases from lung cancer: the RTOG RPA intra-classes analysisLucyna Kepka
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial M Sklodowska Curie Cancer Center and Institute, Warsaw, Poland
Acta Oncol 44:389-98. 2005..RTOG RPA classes maintain their prognostic significance for patients with BM from lung cancer not participating in clinical trials...
- Investigating the palliative efficacy of whole-brain radiotherapy for patients with multiple-brain metastases and poor prognostic featuresG E Gerrard
Cookridge Hospital, Cancer Research, Leeds, UK
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 15:422-8. 2003..They had at least two of three poor prognostic features, such as Karnofsky performance status (KPS) < 70, over 60 years of age, and primary other than breast cancer...
- Gamma knife surgery for the treatment of intracranial metastases from breast cancerSharad Goyal
Department of Radiation Oncology, Howard University Hospital, Washington, DC, USA
J Neurosurg 103:218-23. 2005..The contribution of whole-brain radiation therapy to GKS with regard to local tumor control or survival could not be identified...
- Gliomatosis cerebri: a review of 296 cases from the ANOCEF database and the literatureSophie Taillibert
, , , 75651, Paris, Cedex 13, France
J Neurooncol 76:201-5. 2006..Up-front chemotherapy benefit to some patients and may be preferred to whole brain radiotherapy. However, the many bias of such retrospective heterogeneous data claim for multicentric clinical trials in this rare disease...
- Resection of brain metastases previously treated with stereotactic radiosurgeryGiacomo G Vecil
Department of Neurosurgery, Brain and Spine Tumor Center, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030-4009, USA
J Neurosurg 102:209-15. 2005..Our results indicate that in selected patients with a favorable RPA class in whom nonindex lesions are treated with focal modalities, surgery can provide long-term control of SRS-treated lesions and positively affect overall survival...
- A new scoring system to predicting the survival of patients treated with whole-brain radiotherapy for brain metastasesDirk Rades
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Luebeck, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 184:251-5. 2008..To create a scoring system to estimate survival of patients who received whole-brain radiotherapy (WBRT) for brain metastases...
- [Palliative treatment of brain metastases with gamma knife]J Siegfried
Ther Umsch 58:413-8. 2001....
- A boost in addition to whole-brain radiotherapy improves patient outcome after resection of 1 or 2 brain metastases in recursive partitioning analysis class 1 and 2 patientsDirk Rades
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Germany
Cancer 110:1551-9. 2007..The current study was conducted to compare 2 treatment regimens including surgical resection and whole-brain radiotherapy (WBRT) for patients with 1 to 2 brain metastases...
- Validity, reliability and clinical relevance of EORTC QLQ-C30 and LC13 in patients with chest malignancies in a palliative settingMercedes Nicklasson
Department of Respiratory Medicine and Allergology, Goteborg University, Gothenburg 413 45, Sweden
Qual Life Res 16:1019-28. 2007..To evaluate the reliability and validity of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) QLQ-C30 and LC13 questionnaire in a palliative setting, and to undertake a broad clinical evaluation of the questionnaire...
- Radiosurgery for brain metastases from primary lung carcinomaR Hoffman
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, San Francisco 94143-0226, USA
Cancer J 7:121-31. 2001..Prospective, randomized trials are needed to further investigate the role of radiosurgery with and without whole-brain radiotherapy for brain metastases...
- Recursive partitioning analysis of prognostic factors for patients with four or more intracranial metastases treated with radiosurgeryA K Bhatnagar
Deptartments of Radiation Oncology, Neurological Surgery, Center for Image Guided Neurosurgery, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 6:153-60. 2007....
- Brain metastases from breast carcinoma: validation of the radiation therapy oncology group recursive partitioning analysis classification and proposition of a new prognostic scoreRomuald Le Scodan
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Rene Huguenin, Saint Cloud, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:839-45. 2007....
- The palliative prognostic score and survival in patients with advanced solid tumors receiving chemotherapyDavide Tassinari
Department of Oncology, City Hospital, Rimini, Italy
Support Care Cancer 16:359-70. 2008..To evaluate the accuracy of the Palliative Prognostic Score (PaP score) in selecting metastatic gastrointestinal or nonsmall-cell lung cancer patients candidate to palliative chemotherapy...
- Risk of isolated nodal failure for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) treated with the elective nodal irradiation (ENI) using 3D-conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT) techniques--a retrospective analysisLucyna Kepka
Department of Radiation Oncology, M Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, Warsaw, Poland
Acta Oncol 47:95-103. 2008..To estimate retrospectively the rate of isolated nodal failures (INF) in NSCLC patients treated with the elective nodal irradiation (ENI) using 3D-conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT)...
- Outcome of whole-brain irradiation for breast cancer patientsRoar Johansen
Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Acta Oncol 47:261-6. 2008..To determine the overall survival (OS) of breast cancer patients treated by Whole Brain Radiation Therapy (WBRT) and possible important prognostic factors for OS...
- Factors predicting survival in patients with advanced oesophageal cancer: a prospective multicentre evaluationH Bergquist
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 27:385-95. 2008..Oesophageal cancer is often diagnosed at an advanced stage, with poor prognosis and severe morbidity. In majority of cases, palliative treatment is the only option available...
- Changes in patterns of care for limited-stage small-cell lung cancer: results of the 99-01 patterns of care study-a nationwide survey in JapanTakashi Uno
Department of Radiology, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 71:414-9. 2008..This study was undertaken to analyze the practice process of thoracic radiotherapy (TRT) and evaluate changes in patterns of care for patients with limited-stage small-cell lung cancer (LS-SCLC) in Japan...
- Comparison of short-course versus long-course whole-brain radiotherapy in the treatment of brain metastasesDirk Rades
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Luebeck, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 184:30-5. 2008..This study compares 20 Gy in five fractions (treatment time: 1 week) to longer programs, with higher doses including 30 Gy in ten fractions (2 weeks) and 40 Gy in 20 fractions (4 weeks)...
- Randomized phase II study of two gemcitabine schedules for patients with impaired performance status (Karnofsky performance status </= 70) and advanced non-small-cell lung cancerS Baka
Christie Hospital, Wilmslow Rd, Withington, Manchester M20 4BX, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 23:2136-44. 2005..two treatment schedules of gemcitabine in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and impaired Karnofsky performance status (KP). Primary objectives were to record changes from baseline KP and to assess symptom palliation...
- Pronostic factors of synchronous brain metastases from lung cancerN Penel
Oscar Lambret Cancer Center, rue Frederic Combemale, B.P. 307, 59020 Lille, France
Lung Cancer 33:143-54. 2001..However, further studies are necessary to evaluate quality of life with or without carcinologic treatment...
- Sequential vinorelbine and docetaxel in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients age 70 and older and/or with a performance status of 2: a phase II trial of the Southwest Oncology Group (S0027)Paul J Hesketh
Caritas St. Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston, Boston, MA, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:537-44. 2006..CONCLUSION: Sequential vinorelbine and docetaxel is a well-tolerated and effective regimen in comparison with reports of other treatments tested in patients with advanced NSCLC age 70 and older and/or with a PS of 2...
- [Stereotactic radiation therapy with a modified linear accelerator in patients with brain metastases]A L Grosu
, Klinikum rechts der Isar, , Ismaninger Str. 22,
Nervenarzt 72:770-81. 2001..In comparison to surgery, stereotactic radiotherapy has the advantages of shorter treatment time and lower treatment-related morbidity and mortality...
- Quality of life: Gamma Knife surgery and whole brain radiation therapyJanice Nesbitt
Gamma Knife Program, Health Sciences Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Axone 28:36-41. 2007..Both WBRT and GKS are reviewed and discussed in terms of quality of life and health outcomes. The case studies of two individuals who underwent Gamma Knife surgery are presented...
- Quality of life in patients with brain metastases treated with a palliative course of whole-brain radiotherapyMegan Doyle
Department of Radiation Oncology, Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Palliat Med 10:367-74. 2007..The secondary objective was to assess the level of agreement between patient and proxy quality of life scores...
- Multiple myeloma: surgery of the spine: retrospective analysis of 27 patientsHans Roland Dürr
Department of Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:320-4; discussion 325-6. 2002..The authors report on the clinical course of 27 consecutive patients surgically treated for solitary or multiple myeloma of the spine...
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for brain metastases from colorectal cancerA Schoeggl
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Vienna, Austria
Int J Colorectal Dis 17:150-5. 2002..We evaluated results following stereotactic radiosurgery (SR) for patients with metastatic colorectal cancer to identify efficacy of SR and prognostic factors for survival...
- Multicentric French study on adult intracranial ependymomas: prognostic factors analysis and therapeutic considerations from a cohort of 152 patientsPhilippe Metellus
Department of Neurosurgery, Timone Hospital, Marseille, France
Brain 130:1338-49. 2007..The role of adjuvant radiotherapy for patients with incompletely resected low-grade ependymomas seems to be beneficial but remains to be addressed for high-grade tumours...
- Intra-arterial infusion of 5-fluorouracil plus granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and chemoembolization with melphalan in the treatment of disseminated colorectal liver metastasesH Muller
Department of Surgical Oncology, Carl von Hess Hospital, D 97762 Hammelburg, Germany
Eur J Surg Oncol 27:652-61. 2001..We compared two prospective trials of intra-arterial cytokine/chemotherapeutic infusion plus chemoembolization in the treatment of inoperable colorectal liver metastases...
- Cytokine gene polymorphisms in hemodialysis patients: association with comorbidity, functionality, and serum albuminVaidyanathapuram S Balakrishnan
Division of Nephrology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Kidney Int 65:1449-60. 2004....
- Phase I study and pharmacokinetics of menogaril (NSC 269148) in patients with hepatic dysfunctionM J Egorin
Division of Developmental Therapeutics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore
Cancer Res 47:6104-10. 1987..Patient characteristics were median age, 63 years (range, 28-80 years), 14 male/4 female, and median Karnofsky performance status 80% (range, 60-100%)...
- Procarbazine, lomustine, and vincristine (PCV) chemotherapy for anaplastic astrocytoma: A retrospective review of radiation therapy oncology group protocols comparing survival with carmustine or PCV adjuvant chemotherapyM D Prados
Department of Neurosurgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0372, USA
J Clin Oncol 17:3389-95. 1999..To determine any differences in outcome for patients with anaplastic astrocytoma (AA) treated with adjuvant carmustine (BCNU) versus procarbazine, lomustine, and vincristine (PCV) chemotherapy...
- Fast-track rehabilitation for lung cancer lobectomy: a five-year experienceJoão Carlos Das-Neves-Pereira
Thoracic Surgery Department of Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 36:383-91; discussion 391-2. 2009..Our objective is to describe a five-year experience with fast-track rehabilitation for lung cancer lobectomy...
- Is the therapeutic index better with gemcitabine-based chemoradiation than with 5-fluorouracil-based chemoradiation in locally advanced pancreatic cancer?Christopher H Crane
Pancreatic Tumor Study Group, Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 52:1293-302. 2002..To retrospectively compare the toxicity and efficacy of concurrent gemcitabine-based chemoradiation with that of concurrent 5-fluorouracil (5-FU)-based chemoradiation in patients with unresectable pancreatic cancer...
- Acute effects of combined photodynamic therapy and hyperbaric oxygenation in lung cancer--a clinical pilot studyF Tomaselli
Department of Surgery, Division of Thoracic and Hyperbaric Surgery, University Medical School, Graz, Austria
Lasers Surg Med 28:399-403. 2001..The use of hyperbaric oxygenation (HBO) increases the amount of oxygen available for the process may thereby enhance the efficacy of PDT. We investigated the acute effects on tumor stenosis after combined PDT/HBO...
- A phase III comparison of radiation therapy with or without recombinant beta-interferon for poor-risk patients with locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (RTOG 93-04)Jeffrey D Bradley
Radiation Oncology Center, Washington University Medical Center, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 52:1173-9. 2002..Based on these data, the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) initiated a Phase III trial to test the efficacy of beta-interferon in poor-risk patients with Stages IIIA and IIIB non-small-cell lung carcinoma...
- The effects of Chinese calligraphy handwriting and relaxation training in Chinese Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma patients: a randomized controlled trialXue Ling Yang
Department of Psychology, Sun Yat Sen University, Xin Gang Xi Road 135, Guangzhou 510275, Guangdong, China
Int J Nurs Stud 47:550-9. 2010..Chinese calligraphy handwriting is the practice of traditional Chinese brush writing, researches found calligraphy had therapeutic effects on certain diseases, some authors argued that calligraphy might have relaxation effect...
- Prevalence of 25(OH) vitamin D insufficiency and deficiency in chronic kidney disease stage 5 patients on hemodialysisElisa Del Valle
Fresenius Medical Care, Quilmes, Argentina
Hemodial Int 11:315-21. 2007..1%) at the end of winter, in stage 5 CKD patients on HD, and lower values seem to be related to decreased sunlight exposure, female gender, increased BMI, and worse functional class...
- Two different schedules of irinotecan (CPT-11) in patients with advanced colorectal carcinoma relapsing after a 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin combination. A randomized studyN Tsavaris
Oncology Unit, Department of Pathophysiology, Laikon General Hospital, University of Athens School of Medicine, 11527 Athens, Greece
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 52:514-9. 2003..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of irinotecan as second-line treatment in patients with advanced colorectal cancer (ACC) failing or relapsing after 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) plus leucovorin (LV) standard chemotherapy...
- Modifying radical radiotherapy in high grade gliomas; shortening the treatment time through accelerationM Brada
Neuro Oncology Unit, The Royal Marsden NHS Trust and The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, UK
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 43:287-92. 1999..To evaluate the efficacy and toxicity of accelerated radiotherapy in patients with primary high grade glioma, where acceleration is used as a means of delivering a shortened course of radical radiotherapy...
- [Comparison of rhenium-188, rhenium-186-HEDP and strontium-89 in palliation of painful bone metastases]K Liepe
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Nuklearmedizin, Universitätsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus der technischen Universität Dresden, Deutschland
Nuklearmedizin 39:146-51. 2000..Furthermore, first results were reported on the suitability for such kind of therapy of the generator produced radionuclide rhenium-188...
- [Comparative study of video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery vs thoracic tube drainage in synthetic therapy for malignant pleural effusion secondary to non-small cell lung cancer]Li jia Gu
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Nanfang Hosital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 26:1023-6. 2006..To study the value of video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) and identify its indications in synthetic therapy for malignant pleural effusion secondary to non-small cell lung cancer...
- Role of pituitary radiosurgery for the management of intractable pain and potential future applicationsMotohiro Hayashi
Department of Neurosurgery, Neurological Institute, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 81:75-83. 2003..In the majority of patients, marked pain relief was achieved, surprisingly without any of the complications mentioned above...
- Oral vinorelbine and cisplatin as induction chemotherapy and concomitant chemo-radiotherapy in stage III non-small cell lung cancer: final results of an international phase II trialMaciej Krzakowski
Institut de Recherche Pierre Fabre, Boulogne Billancourt, France
J Thorac Oncol 3:994-1002. 2008....
- A pilot study of topical intrarectal application of amifostine for prevention of late radiation rectal injuryEdgar Ben-Josef
Department of Radiation Oncology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 53:1160-4. 2002....
- Photodynamic therapy enhanced by hyperbaric oxygen in acute endoluminal palliation of malignant bronchial stenosis (clinical pilot study in 40 patients)F Tomaselli
Department of Surgery, Division of Thoracic and Hyperbaric Surgery, University Medical School, Auenbruggerplatz 29A 8036, Graz, Austria
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 19:549-54. 2001..We proved in a prospective, non-randomized clinical pilot study the acute effects on malignant bronchial stenosis and the technical feasibility of combined PDT/HBO...
- Health-related quality of life after different types of solid organ transplantationC W Pinson
Vanderbilt University Transplant Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 4753, USA
Ann Surg 232:597-607. 2000....
- Pemetrexed disodium for the treatment of malignant pleural mesothelioma: a systematic review and economic evaluationY Dundar
Liverpool Reviews and Implementation Group, University of Liverpool, UK
Health Technol Assess 11:1-90. 2007..To assess the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of pemetrexed disodium in combination with cisplatin for the treatment of unresectable pleural mesothelioma in chemotherapy-naive patients...
- Survival is better predicted with a new classification of stage III unresectable non-small cell lung carcinoma treated by chemotherapy and radiotherapyT Berghmans
Department of Internal Medicine, Institut Jules Bordet, Rue Heger Bordet, 1 Bruxelles 1000, Belgium
Lung Cancer 45:339-48. 2004..11-1.99; P = 0.007) were found significant. In model 2, including ELCWP staging, two variables were associated with survival: ELCWP staging (HR 1.68; 95% CI 1.20-2.35; P = 0.002) and haemoglobin (HR 1.54; 95% CI 1.15-2.07; P = 0.01)...
- Safety, tolerability and symptom outcomes associated with L-carnitine supplementation in patients with cancer, fatigue, and carnitine deficiency: a phase I/II studyRicardo A Cruciani
Department of Pain Medicine and Palliative Care, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York 10003, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 32:551-9. 2006..4), moderate to severe fatigue, and a Karnofsky Performance Status (KPS) score > or =50 were entered by groups of at least three into a standard maximum tolerated dose ..
- Randomised phase III study of intravenous vinorelbine plus hormone therapy versus hormone therapy alone in hormone-refractory prostate cancerR P Abratt
University of Cape Town, South Africa
Ann Oncol 15:1613-21. 2004..Vinorelbine (VRL) has been shown to be active in hormone-refractory prostate cancer (HRPC) in phase II studies, alone or in combination. Its moderate toxicity profile is well tolerated in elderly patients...
- The contribution of integrated PET/CT to the evolving definition of treatment volumes in radiation treatment planning in lung cancerHani Ashamalla
Department of Radiation Oncology, New York Methodist Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Brooklyn, NY 11215, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:1016-23. 2005....
- Phase II trial of uracil/tegafur (UFT) plus leucovorin in patients with advanced biliary carcinomaS Mani
Hematology Oncology, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, IL, USA
Invest New Drugs 17:97-101. 1999..UFT 300 mg/m2/day and leucovorin 90 mg/day could be administered safely to patients with advanced biliary cancer with good performance status; however, this combination and schedule of 28-day administration has no activity in this disease...
- Effects of nutritional support in patients with colorectal cancer during chemotherapyRenata Dobrila Dintinjana
Gastroenterology Department, University Hospital Center Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia
Coll Antropol 32:737-40. 2008..After evaluation Nottingham Screening Tool Score, Appetite Loss Scale and Karnofsky Performance Status) all patients in the group I received nutritional counseling, 153 of them (72%) were taking form of ..
- Phase II trial of gemcitabine, epirubicin and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in patients with advanced pancreatic adenocarcinomaW Scheithauer
Department of Internal Medicine I, Vienna University Medical School, Austria
Br J Cancer 80:1797-802. 1999..gt; or = 50% reduction in daily analgesic consumption, and/or > or = 20-point improvement in Karnofsky performance status that was sustained for > or = 4 consecutive weeks)...
- Establishing the dosage equivalency of oxymorphone extended release and oxycodone controlled release in patients with cancer pain: a randomized controlled studyNashat Y Gabrail
Curr Med Res Opin 20:911-8. 2004..MAIN OUTCOMES AND MEASURES: Assessments included the Brief Pain Inventory, global evaluations, Karnofsky performance status, and clinical laboratory evaluations (serum chemistry profile, complete blood count, urinalysis)...
- Phase I/II study of oral etoposide plus GM-CSF as second-line chemotherapy in platinum-pretreated patients with advanced ovarian cancerM Baur
Applied Cancer Research Institute for Translational Research VIEnna, Vienna, Austria
Br J Cancer 92:1019-25. 2005..c. GM-CSF in platinum-pretreated patients with advanced ovarian cancer. Our data demonstrate encouraging activity of this regimen and strongly support its further investigation in a phase II study...
- Health-related quality of life in patients treated for incisional hernia with an onlay techniqueM M Poelman
Department of Surgery, Medisch Centrum Alkmaar, Wilhelminalaan 12, 1815 JD, Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Hernia 14:237-42. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the long-term health-related quality of life (HRQL) of patients who were treated for incisional hernias using an onlay technique...
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging-integrated neuronavigation: correlation between lesion-to-motor cortex distance and outcomeRene Krishnan
Department of Neurosurgery, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Neurosurgery 55:904-14; discusssion 914-5. 2004..However, the clinical value remains to be defined. In this study, we investigated the correlation between the lesion-to-fMRI activation distance and the occurrence of a new postoperative deficit...
Research Grants110 found, 100 shown here
- Prolong the Survival of NSCL Patients by a PhytomixHenry Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2006..5 month and to 33.5 month respectively. SV was shown to be non-toxic, improved the Karnofsky Performance Status (KPS) and better maintained the patients' body weight...
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN NEURO-ONCOLOGYStuart Grossman; Fiscal Year: 2007..This program is designed to provide well-rounded research training to trainees and to develop them as the next generation of investigators in neuro-oncology. ..
- NABTC CENTRAL OPERATION GRANT (UCSF PROJECT LEADER)Michael Prados; Fiscal Year: 2007..The NABTC will treat patients using novel therapeutic agents with the ultimate goal to increase quality, and hopefully, overall survival in this patient population. ..
- NABTT-Consortium Therapeutic Studies of CNS MalignanciesStuart Grossman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- NABTC Member Intitution Grant (UCSF Project Leader)Susan Chang; Fiscal Year: 2007..The overall goal of this program is to more effectively treat patients with primary brain tumors, especially malignant glioma, with the purpose of increasing the duration and quality of survival. ..
- Molecular Basis Of Renal Cell Carcinoma Response to SU11428Robert Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2007..These tumor and cell line-based studies lay a foundation for further molecular studies aimed at understanding the sensitivity/resistance of RCC to SU11248. ..
- CLINICAL TRIALS AND MENTORING IN ONCOLOGY RESEARCHRobert Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2003..One recently joined staff at MSKCC in the Genito-urinary Section. Mentoring of clinical trials is extended beyond fellowship to junior faculty members. ..
- PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOR CLINICAL TRIAL CONSORTIUMMichael Prados; Fiscal Year: 2003..The aim of these treatment approaches is to increase disease-free and overall survival in children with brain tumors. ..
- Molecular Basis Of Renal Cell Carcinoma Response to SU11428Robert J Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2011..These tumor and cell line-based studies lay a foundation for further molecular studies aimed at understanding the sensitivity/resistance of RCC to SU11248. ..
- Randomized Trial of Optimal Type of Aerobic Training in Breast CancerLee W Jones; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, the mechanistic findings will provide insight into how to refine exercise training interventions to maximize improvements in VO2peak and associated outcomes. ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BRichard Schilsky; Fiscal Year: 2007..A new activity in Cancer Imaging will be initiated during the coming grant period in an effort to better integrate novel imaging science into cancer treatment studies. ..
- Mycophenylate mofetil for treatment of chronic GVHDPaul Martin; Fiscal Year: 2007..05. Health-related quality of life assessment from four well-validated instruments will be used to test the hypotheses that treatment with MMF leads to a decrease in symptom severity and an improvement in physical function. ..
- Modafinil Treatment for Fatigue in HIV+ PatientsJudith Rabkin; Fiscal Year: 2007..The major aims concern modafinil efficacy for fatigue compared to placebo, safety in terms of effects on immunologic/virologic measures, and impact on depressive symptoms when present at baseline. ..
- Efficacy and toxicity of TRAIL against gliomasVINAY PUDUVALLI; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this study could also potentially provide a basis for clinical trials using TRAIL or analogues against gliomas and allow rational selection of agents to modulate the tumor resistance to TRAIL. ..
- Phase I trial of PHP with high-dose IL-2Wolfram Samlowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Phase III Trial of Exercise Training in Postsurgical Lung CancerLee Jones; Fiscal Year: 2009..Despite its importance, effective interventions to improve exercise capacity among lung cancer patients are not available. ..
- Phase I trial of PHP with high-dose IL-2Wolfram Samlowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Efficacy and toxicity of TRAIL against gliomasVINAY PUDUVALLI; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of this study could also potentially provide a basis for clinical trials using TRAIL or analogues against gliomas and allow rational selection of agents to modulate the tumor resistance to TRAIL. ..
- NATIONAL GENE VECTOR LABORATORY AT INDIANA UNIVERSITYKenneth Cornetta; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- NGVL: GENE THERAPY STUDY IN HIV INDIVIDUALSKenneth Cornetta; Fiscal Year: 2007..The institution listed is for the Center, which is not necessarily the institution for the investigator. Support for Dr. Zaia in an experimental gene therapy study in HIV-infected individuals. ..
- Real-time Minimal Residual Disease assay of Pediatric B-Cell Non-Hodgkin LymphomaBruce Shiramizu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The assay developed by this exploratory proposal could be incorporated into pediatric B-cell NHL studies to assess MRD on therapy or to assess the efficacy of innovative therapies. ..
- Phase II Study of 44Gy from 131I-81C6 for CNS TumorsDavid Reardon; Fiscal Year: 2004..To further define the toxicity of this approach and Specific Aim 3.To determine the impact of this therapy on quality of life. ..
- Correlative trial of fenretinide against GlioblastomasVINAY PUDUVALLI; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such data could be relevant not only to future trials of retinoids in gliomas but also for ongoing trials of fenretinide in other malignancies. ..
- DYING AT HOME OF AIDS & CANCER: PREFERENCES & OUTCOMESJudith Rabkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..The data collected in the preliminary study will be used in the full-scale study. ..
- Cardiovascular Risk in Testicular Cancer SurvivorsDavid Vaughn; Fiscal Year: 2004..However, prior to initiating an intervention study, these parameters need to be explicated. ..
- HIV-1 Proviral DNA and Monocyte Phenotype in Relation to Neurocognitive FunctionBruce T Shiramizu; Fiscal Year: 2010..This resource-rich team is well-positioned to conduct this investigation into the pathogenesis of HAD. ..
- Function & Fate of Alloantigen-specific CD8 Cell in GVHDPaul Martin; Fiscal Year: 2005..The studies proposed in this application will help clarify the critical functions and fate of specific donor CD8 cell population that cause GVHD. ..
- Phase III Trial of Exercise Training in Postsurgical Lung CancerLee W Jones; Fiscal Year: 2010..Despite its importance, effective interventions to improve exercise capacity among lung cancer patients are not available. ..
- EXERCISE--AN INTERVENTION FOR FATIGUE IN CANCER PATIENTSMarylin Dodd; Fiscal Year: 2003..The findings of this study will greatly assist in building this knowledge base. ..
- Can Geriatric Assessment Predict Oncology Outcomes?Arti Hurria; Fiscal Year: 2006..Through the support of this grant, the candidate aims to further knowledge about geriatric oncology, and thus enhance the health and independence as well as the quality of life of older Americans with cancer. ..
- HIV-1 Proviral DNA and Monocyte Phenotype in Relation to Neurocognitive FunctionBruce Shiramizu; Fiscal Year: 2007..This resource-rich team is well-positioned to conduct this investigation into the pathogenesis of HAD. ..
- Impact of Comorbidities on Outcomes of Allogeneic TransplantationMohamed Sorror; Fiscal Year: 2007..End of Abstract) ..
- Research Training Program in Neuro-OncologyBRIAN O NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2007..Qualified candidates from underrepresented populations will be actively recruited to this Program. Application, selection, and trainee progress will be administered through a Training Program Steering Committee. ..
- Vitamins, Breast Milk HIV Shedding and Child HealthEduardo Villamor; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Management of Mucositis with GM-CSFMarylin Dodd; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract not provided ..
- HIV-1 Proviral DNA and Monocyte Phenotype in Relation to Neurocognitive FunctionBruce Shiramizu; Fiscal Year: 2009..This resource-rich team is well-positioned to conduct this investigation into the pathogenesis of HAD. ..
- TEMPORALLY CONTROLLED DEPLETION OF ALLOREACTIVE T CELLSPaul Martin; Fiscal Year: 2002..Results of these preclinical studies will help to assess the potential risks and benefits of using similar approaches to prevent GVHD in human marrow transplantation. ..
- The Impact of Lymphedema on Overall and Local FunctioningMarylin Dodd; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Changes in Functional Status Across Therapy for Primary GliomaLee Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Predictive Markers of Glioblastoma Response to VEGF TrapJohn de Groot; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies are critical for establishing which biomarkers are useful in predicting patient response and monitoring treatment progress, as well as forming a baseline for biomarker studies for future trials with anti-VEGF therapies. ..