Genomes and Genes
Summary: The visual display of data in a man-machine system. An example is a cathode ray tube display in which certain data can be called for from the computer and presented on the screen.
Publications194 found, 100 shown here
- JAtlasView: a Java atlas-viewer for browsing biomedical 3D images and atlasesGuangjie Feng
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, EH4 2XU, Edinburgh, UK
BMC Bioinformatics 6:47. 2005..Here we discuss an atlas viewer implemented to run on any workstation using the architecture neutral Java programming language...
- Active matrix liquid crystal displays for clinical imaging: comparison with cathode ray tube displaysW Pavlicek
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
J Digit Imaging 13:155-61. 2000..Our questionnaire showed active matrix liquid crystal displays (AMLCD) to be fully acceptable for clinical image viewing. Furthermore, the statistical results show that further testing for new AMLCDs of this type is unwarranted...
- ePlant and the 3D data display initiative: integrative systems biology on the world wide webGeoffrey Fucile
Department of Cell and Systems Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e15237. 2011..It can be applied to any model organism. To facilitate the development of three-dimensional displays of biological data on the world wide web we have established the "3D Data Display Initiative" (http://3ddi.org).
- Chemical genomic profiling of biological networks using graph theory and combinations of small molecule perturbationsStephen J Haggarty
Departments of Chemistry and Chemical Biology and of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Institute of Chemistry and Cell Biology, Harvard University, 12 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:10543-5. 2003..This application of small molecules could be useful for discerning the molecular basis of highly complex biological phenotypes, including those involved in the susceptibility to or etiology of human disease...
- Testing consumers' comprehension of quality measures using alternative reporting formatsMargaret Gerteis
Mathematica Policy Research, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 28:31-45. 2007..Respondents made fewest errors on templates using words to characterize performance as better, average, or worse...
- What cognitive science tells us about the design of reports for consumersMary E Vaiana
Med Care Res Rev 59:3-35. 2002..Based on their review, the authors develop some general principles for presenting information and demonstrate their utility by assessing three Web sites that report performance data...
- E-CELL: software environment for whole-cell simulationM Tomita
Laboratory for Bioinformatics, Keio University, 5322 Endo, Fujisawa, 252
Bioinformatics 15:72-84. 1999..We, therefore, were motivated to develop a software environment for building such integrative models based on gene sets, and running simulations to conduct experiments in silico...
- RNA movies: visualizing RNA secondary structure spacesD Evers
Technische Fakultat, Universitat Bielefeld, Postfach 100 131, 33501 Bielefeld
Bioinformatics 15:32-7. 1999..From this script, the system fully automatically generates animated graphical structure representations. In this way, it creates the impression of an RNA molecule exploring its own two-dimensional structure space...
- O3-DPACS Open-Source Image-Data Manager/Archiver and HDW2 Image-Data Display: an IHE-compliant project pushing the e-health integration in the worldPaolo Inchingolo
Health Telematics Lab, Open Source Lab and Neuromodelling Lab, DEEI, University of Trieste, Italy
Comput Med Imaging Graph 30:391-406. 2006..In this paper an original Image-Data Manager/Archiver (O3-DPACS) and a universal Image-Data Display (HDW2) are described...
- Considerations for the representation of meta-data for the support of structured data entryA M van Ginneken
Department of Medical Informatics, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Methods Inf Med 42:226-35. 2003..e. the definition of what is relevant to say in a specific context. The objective of this paper is to provide considerations for an intuitive conceptual representation of such meta-data for domain experts...
- E-Cell 2: multi-platform E-Cell simulation systemK Takahashi
Institute for Advanced Biosciences, Keio University, Fujisawa 252-8520, Japan
Bioinformatics 19:1727-9. 2003..A new version of the E-Cell simulation system,which runs on Windows as well as Linux, has been released as free software under the terms of the GNU General Public License...
- Hand-held computers in healthcare: what software programs are available?Wayne Gillingham
Health Informatics Group, University of Otago, Dunedin
N Z Med J 115:U185. 2002..Current PDA healthcare software is categorised and discussed in the following five groups: 1) reference/text book; 2) calculator; 3) patient management/logbook; 4) personal clinical/study notebook; 5) utility software...
- Missing value estimation methods for DNA microarraysO Troyanskaya
Stanford Medical Informatics Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Bioinformatics 17:520-5. 2001..We report results of the comparative experiments and provide recommendations and tools for accurate estimation of missing microarray data under a variety of conditions...
- Comparison of a cathode-ray-tube and film for display of computed radiographic imagesL T Cook
Department of Radiology, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City 66160 7234, USA
Med Phys 25:1132-8. 1998..These observations suggest that standard window settings should be reviewed from time to time to ensure that the display is used optimally. No special look-up table setup such as perceptual linearization was used...
- Full-screen magnification for windows using DirectX OverlaysPaul Blenkhorn
Department of Computation, University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology UMIST, Manchester M60 IQD, U K
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 10:225-31. 2002..The paper presents two further strategies for full screen magnification, namely, using multimonitor support and true type fonts for text enlargement...
- Tools and applications for large-scale display wallsGrant Wallace
Princeton University, Department of Computer Science, USA
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 25:24-33. 2005
- Informatics in radiology (infoRAD): A complete continuous-availability PACS archive serverBrent J Liu
Department of Radiology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Radiographics 24:1203-9. 2004..As hospital PACS become more widespread, the need for CA PACS solutions will increase. A TMR CA PACS archive server can reliably help achieve CA in this setting...
- View and space management on large displaysAnastasia Bezerianos
Dynamic Graphic Project, University of Toronto
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 25:34-43. 2005
- The large-display user experienceGeorge Robertson
Visualization and Interaction Research Group, Microsoft Research, USA
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 25:44-51. 2005
- Storage bins: mobile storage for collaborative tabletop displaysStacey D Scott
University of Calgary, Canada
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 25:58-65. 2005
- DynGO: a tool for visualizing and mining of Gene Ontology and its associationsHongfang Liu
Department of Information Systems, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, 1000 Hilltop Circle, MD 21050, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 6:201. 2005..e., genes and gene products annotated with GO terms). Tools that allow users to directly search and inspect relations among all GO terms and their associated genes and gene products from multiple databases are needed...
- Visualization of geologic stress perturbations using Mohr diagramsPatricia Crossno
Sandia National Laboratories, PO Box 5800, Albuquerque, NM 87185, USA
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 11:508-18. 2005..This interactive glyph can be used as either a probe or a filter through brushing and linking...
- Subsampling models and anti-alias filters for 3-D automultiscopic displaysJanusz Konrad
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
IEEE Trans Image Process 15:128-40. 2006..We also describe a practical method to design finite-precision, low-complexity filters that can be implemented using modern graphics cards...
- Ramachandran plot on the webS S Sheik
Bioinformatics Centre, Supercomputer Education and Research Centre, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India
Bioinformatics 18:1548-9. 2002..The package displays the Ramachandran angles along with a detailed analysis output. This software is incorporated with all the protein structures available in the Protein Databank...
- VIZARD: analysis of Affymetrix Arabidopsis GeneChip dataNick Moseyko
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California at Berkeley, 111 Koshland Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 3102, USA
Bioinformatics 18:1264-5. 2002..AVAILABILITY: VIZARD is available free of charge for educational, research, and not-for-profit purposes, and can be downloaded at http://www.anm.f2s.com/research/vizard/ CONTACT: email@example.com..
- Children using cellular phones: the effects of shortcomings in user interface designSusanne Bay
RWTH Aachen University, Jaegerstrasse 17-19, 52056 Aachen, Germany
Hum Factors 47:158-68. 2005..Actual or potential applications of this research include guidelines to improve the usability of all devices with small displays and hierarchical menu structures, such as cellular phones...
- A strategy to qualify the performance of radiographic monitorsD Gutierrez
University Institute for Applied Radiophysics, , CH-1007 Lausanne, Switzerland
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 114:192-7. 2005..The results clearly demonstrate the inadequacy of standard desktop display systems in the framework of diagnostic radiology. Moreover, a good correlation between the subjective and objective assessment methods was obtained...
- DICOM structured reporting: Part 2. Problems and challenges in implementation for PACS workstationsRada Hussein
Division of Medical and Biological Informatics, H0100, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Radiographics 24:897-909. 2004..To evaluate and demonstrate the effectiveness of the SR toolkit in a pragmatic setting, the toolkit was integrated into PACS workstations...
- The immersive visualization probe for exploring n-dimensional spacesJames R Miller
Department of Computer Science, University of Kansas, Lawrence 66045, USA
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 24:76-85. 2004
- Medical Image Resource Center--making electronic teaching files from PACSC C Tchoyoson Lim
Department of Neuroradiology, National Neuroscience Institute, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433
J Digit Imaging 16:331-6. 2003..We test-populated our ETF server with illustrative images from the clinical case load of the National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore. Together, PACS and MIRC have the potential to benefit radiology teaching and research...
- PET/CT image navigation and communicationOsman Ratib
Department of Radiology and Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, Ahmanson Biological Imaging Center, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1721, USA
J Nucl Med 45:46S-55S. 2004....
- Radiology on handheld devices: image display, manipulation, and PACS integration issuesBhargav Raman
Department of Radiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, CA 94305-5105, USA
Radiographics 24:299-310. 2004..Although some limitations remain, PDA-based teleradiology has the potential to increase the efficiency of the radiologic work flow, increasing productivity and improving communication with referring physicians and patients...
- Seeing data: new methods for understanding informationKirk L Kroeker
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 24:6-12. 2004
- Visualization's role in analyzing computational fluid dynamics dataKelly Gaither
The University of Texas at Austin, Texas Advanced Computing Center, 78758, USA
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 24:13-5. 2004
- Developing killer apps for industrial augmented realityNassir A Navab
Computer Science Dept, Technical University of Munich, Germany
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 24:16-20. 2004
- Top scientific visualization research problemsChris Johnson
Scientific Computing and Imaging Inst, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112, USA
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 24:13-7. 2004
- [Spatial and temporal characteristic of eye movement in human-computer interface design]Mo wei Shen
Department of Psychology and Behavioral Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Space Med Med Eng (Beijing) 16:304-6. 2003..To examine the related spatial and temporal characteristics of eye movement in HCI design and to provide ergonomic parameters to optimize the HCI design based on eye tracking...
- Dynamic range reduction inspired by photoreceptor physiologyErik Reinhard
School of Computer Science, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL 32816 2362, USA
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 11:13-24. 2005..The result is a fast and practical algorithm for general use with intuitive user parameters that control intensity, contrast, and level of chromatic adaptation, respectively...
- Software-based compensation of visual refractive errors of computer usersMiguel Alonso
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Florida International University, Miami, FL 33174, USA
Biomed Sci Instrum 41:229-34. 2005..The difficulties, as well as the proposed solutions, are described theoretically and followed by examples using a lens system showing the improvement over previous methods...
- Secrets to success and fatal flaws: the design of large-display groupwareElaine M Huang
Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 26:37-45. 2006
- Fast and reliable collision culling using graphics hardwareNaga K Govindaraju
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:143-54. 2006..We integrate our culling algorithm with CULLIDE  and use it to perform reliable GPU-based collision queries at interactive rates on all types of models, including nonmanifold geometry, deformable models, and breaking objects...
- A screen magnifier using "high level" implementation techniquesPaul Blenkhorn
School of Informatics, University of Manchester, Manchester M60 1QD, UK
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 14:501-4. 2006..The only known problem of the magnifier is that it fails to suppress the original, unmagnified cursor of the few applications that use custom cursors...
- GridIMAGE: a novel use of grid computing to support interactive human and computer-assisted detection decision supportMetin N Gurcan
Department of Biomedical Informatics, The Ohio State University, 3190 Graves Hall, 333 W 10th Ave, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Digit Imaging 20:160-71. 2007..It also provides a mechanism to allow cooperative imaging groups to systematically perform image interpretation tasks associated with research protocols...
- DicomWorks: software for reviewing DICOM studies and promoting low-cost teleradiologyPhilippe A Puech
Department of Medical Informatics and Biostatistics, CERIM, Faculte de Medecine, 1 place de Verdun, 59045 Lille Cedex, France
J Digit Imaging 20:122-30. 2007....
- A quantitative evaluation of human coordination interfaces for computer assisted surgeryM A Cardin
Imaging Research Department, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Comput Aided Surg 12:71-81. 2007..Our findings suggest that care is needed when using expensive and sometimes cumbersome virtual visualization technologies for CAS, and that simpler, non-stereo presentation may be sufficient for specific surgical tasks...
- Using applet-servlet communication for optimizing window, level and crop for DICOM to JPEG conversionAaron W C Kamauu
RemedyMD Inc, 9350 South 150 East, Sandy, UT 84070, USA
J Digit Imaging 21:348-54. 2008..Optimized images are created, as user-defined parameters are passed between the applet and a servlet on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act-compliant teaching file server...
- RadMonitor: radiology operations data mining in real timeRichard Chen
Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2343 Quarry Valley Road, Columbus, OH 43204, USA
J Digit Imaging 21:257-68. 2008..While RadMonitor has been implemented for the purpose of analyzing radiology operations, its XML backend allows it to be reused for virtually any other hierarchical data set...
- Virtual surgery simulation for medical training using multi-resolution organ modelsJung Kim
School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Systems Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, Korea
Int J Med Robot 3:149-58. 2007..In this paper we propose a method to overcome this challenge by introducing a multi-resolution modelling technique...
- Garuda: a scalable tiled display wall using commodity PCs- Nirnimesh
Center for Visual Information Technology, International Institute of Information Technology, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, India
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 13:864-77. 2007..We also show that the server and network loads grow sublinearly with the increase in the number of tiles, which makes our scheme suitable to construct very large displays...
- An alternative for presenting interactive dynamic data sets in electronic presentations: a scrollable flash movie loopChun Shan Yam
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, WCC, Room 306, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 189:W295-300. 2007..Users can simply download the template and follow the step-by-step demonstration to create scrollable movie loops. No previous ActionScript programming knowledge is necessary...
- Visual methods for analyzing time-oriented dataWolfgang Aigner
Department of Information and Knowledge Engineering, Danube University Krems, Krems, Austria
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 14:47-60. 2008..The third main aspect we discuss is supporting user-centered visual analysis. We describe event-based visualization as a promising means to adapt the visualization pipeline to needs and tasks of users...
- A customizable mobile tool for supporting health behavior interventionsEsa Koskinen
Nokia Research Center, Helsinki, Finland
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:5908-11. 2007..We'll also present shortly a counterpart for the mobile application, a web service that should bring some added value for the end user...
- Real-time stereographic rendering and display of medical images with programmable GPUsXiao Hui Wang
University of Pittsburgh, 3362 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, United States
Comput Med Imaging Graph 32:118-23. 2008..The results indicate that GPU-based programming was capable of rendering large 3D datasets at real-time interactive rates with stereographic displays...
- Celestial3D: a novel method for 3D visualization of familial dataAngeline M Loh
Laboratory for Genetic Epidemiology, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research and UWA Centre for Medical Research, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Bioinformatics 24:1210-1. 2008..We have made freely available a software tool--'Celestial3D'--that implements these novel techniques. AVAILABILITY: Freely available to non-commercial users...
- Advances in the Dynallax solid-state dynamic parallax barrier autostereoscopic visualization display systemTom Peterka
MCS Radix Group, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL 60439, USA
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 14:487-99. 2008..Dynallax was recently demonstrated in a small-scale head-tracked prototype system. This paper summarizes the concepts presented earlier, extends the discussion of various topics, and presents recent improvements to the system...
- Design and evaluation of tiled parallel coordinate visualization of multichannel EEG dataMichael ten Caat
Department of Mathematics and Computing Science, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 13:70-9. 2007..The generality of the TPC method makes it widely applicable to other time-varying multivariate data types...
- Usability of multiviewpoint images for spatial interaction in projection-based display systemsAndreas Simon
Academy of Art and Design, University of Applied Sciences, Northwestern Switzerland, FHNW Art and Design, Aarau, Switzerland
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 13:26-33. 2007..For in-hand object manipulation in a simple docking task, multiviewpoint interaction performs only about 6 percent slower than fully head-tracked interaction...
- Transpost: a novel approach to the display and transmission of 360 degrees-viewable 3D solid imagesRieko Otsuka
Advanced Research Laboratory, Hitachi Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:178-85. 2006..We have developed prototypes of a 3D display and a 3D human-image transmission system. Our preliminary working prototypes demonstrate new possibilities of expression and forms of communication...
- Data-fusion display system with volume rendering of intraoperatively scanned CT imagesMitsuhiro Hayashibe
Institute for High Dimensional Medical Imaging, Jikei Univ School of Medicine, 4 11 1, Izumihoncho, Komae shi, Tokyo 201 8601, Japan
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 8:559-66. 2005..The system performance was validated in an experiment carried out in the operating room...
- Views on visualizationJarke J van Wijk
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, The Netherlands
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:421-32. 2006..However, such an economic view is too restrictive. Alternative views on visualization are presented and discussed: visualization as an art, visualization as design and, finally, visualization as a scientific discipline...
- HDR VolVis: high dynamic range volume visualizationXiaoru Yuan
Department of Computer Science and Engineering and Digital Technology Center, University of Minnesota at Twin Cities, Minneapolis 55455, USA
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:433-45. 2006..By leveraging modern commodity graphics hardware, multiresolution rendering techniques and out-of-core acceleration, our system can effectively produce an interactive visualization of large volume data, such as 2,048(3)...
- Methods and framework for visualizing higher-order finite elementsWilliam J Schroeder
Kitware Inc, Clifton Park, NY 12065, USA
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:446-60. 2006..We demonstrate our method on several examples, and have implemented the framework in the open-source visualization system VTK...
- Drawing directed graphs using quadratic programmingTim Dwyer
Clayton School of Information Technology, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:536-48. 2006..DMDS deals with low-dimensional embedding of multivariate data where we want to emphasize the overall flow in the data (e.g., chronological progress) along one of the axes...
- Designing for social data analysisMartin Wattenberg
IBM Research, Visual Communication Lab, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:549-57. 2006..We end by discussing the design of an extension of the NameVoyager to a more complex data set, in which the principles of social data analysis played a guiding role...
- Parallel sets: interactive exploration and visual analysis of categorical dataRobert Kosara
Computer Science Department, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, NC 28223 0001, USA
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:558-68. 2006..We demonstrate Parallel Sets by analyzing a large CRM data set, as well as investigating housing data from two US states...
- Multifocal projection: a multiprojector technique for increasing focal depthOliver Bimber
Bauhaus University Weimar, Germany
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:658-67. 2006..Our technique is independent of the surfaces' geometry, color and texture, the environment light, as well as of the projectors' position, orientation, luminance, and chrominance...
- Computer graphics visions and challenges: a European perspectiveJosé L Encarnação
Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 26:83-9. 2006....
- CreateTarget and Analyze This!: new software assisting imaging mass spectrometry on Bruker Reflex IV and Ultraflex II instrumentsStefan Clerens
Laboratory of Neuroplasticity and Neuroproteomics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Naamsestraat 59, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 20:3061-6. 2006..5 image format that can be read by image analysis software. These two tools are sufficient to allow IMS, and offer a valid alternative to commercially available software. CreateTarget and Analyze This! are available free of charge...
- Presentation of 3D isotropic imaging data for optimal viewingR Mark Henkelman
Mouse Imaging Centre, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Magn Reson Med 56:1371-4. 2006..A robust preference for a 5:1 ratio in through-plane to in-plane was found for a typical SNR of 11...
- General consumer communication tools for improved image management and communication in medicineChantal Rosset
Service of General Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Geneva University Hospital and Geneva Faculty of Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland
J Digit Imaging 18:270-9. 2005..The added features such as teleradiology, secure and convenient image and data communication, and the use of external data storage services open the gate to a much broader extension of our imaging infrastructure to the outside world...
- Interactive view-dependent rendering over networksZhi Zheng
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 14:576-89. 2008....
- Long-term forecasting of anesthesia workload in operating rooms from changes in a hospital's local population can be inaccurateDanielle Masursky
Department of Anesthesiology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, USA
Anesth Analg 106:1223-31, table of contents. 2008..Anesthesia department planning depends on forecasting future demand for perioperative services. Little is known about long-range forecasting of anesthesia workload...
- Nuclear cardiology patient tracking using a palm-based device: methods and clinician satisfactionKhan M Siddiqui
Divisions of Radiology and Cardiovascular Medicine, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA 17822 2007, USA
J Digit Imaging 15:242-5. 2002..They were satisfied with ease of data input, sharing, retrieval, and clarity of data display. The cardiologist with the least experience in using the software took longer to input data and thought that it ..
- Decoupling mutations in the D-channel of the aa(3)-type cytochrome c oxidase from Rhodobacter sphaeroides suggest that a continuous hydrogen-bonded chain of waters is essential for proton pumpingJiapeng Zhu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Biochemistry 49:4476-82. 2010..Whereas N207D was previously shown to be decoupled, N207A and N207T exhibit nearly wild-type behavior. The new data display a pattern...
- The oxygen status algorithm: a computer program for calculating and displaying pH and blood gas dataO Siggaard-Andersen
University of Copenhagen, Dept of Clinical Chemistry, Herlev Hospital, Denmark
Scand J Clin Lab Invest Suppl 203:29-45. 1990..The results are presented in a data display screen comprising all quantities together with age, sex, and temperature adjusted reference values...
- A graphical object display improves anesthesiologists' performance on a simulated diagnostic taskG T Blike
Department of Anesthesiology, Dartmouth Hithcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756 0001, USA
J Clin Monit Comput 15:37-44. 1999This study tests the hypothesis that a graphical object display (a data display consisting of meaningful shapes) will affect the ability of anesthesiologists to perform a diagnostic task rapidly and correctly...
- Feasibility of collecting diary data from asthma patients through mobile phones and SMS (short message service): response rate analysis and focus group evaluation from a pilot studyJacob Anhøj
H S Unit for Patient Safety, Hvidovre, Denmark
J Med Internet Res 6:e42. 2004..The Internet has been suggested as a tool for the monitoring and self-management of asthma. However, in a recent study we found that a Web interface had some disadvantages and that users stopped using the application after a short while...
- A client/server system for Internet access to biomedical text/image databanksG R Thoma
National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD 20894, USA
Comput Med Imaging Graph 20:259-68. 1996....
- Testing normality of fetal DNA concentration in maternal plasma at 10-12 completed weeks' gestation: a preliminary approach to a new marker for genetic screeningAntonio Farina
Institute of Histology and General Embryology, University of Bologna, Italy
Prenat Diagn 22:148-52. 2002..To test the distribution of fetal DNA in maternal plasma expressed as gen/eq in a population of normal pregnancies...
- Atlas-assisted localization analysis of functional imagesW L Nowinski
Biomedical Laboratory, Kent Ridge Digital Laboratories, 21 Heng Mui Keng Terrace, Singapore 119613, Singapore
Med Image Anal 5:207-20. 2001..This paper introduces a method for localization analysis of functional images assisted by a brain atlas. The usefulness of the system developed, based on this method, is analyzed for human brain mapping and neuroradiology...
- Fatigue in people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: development of an assessment toolJudith Trendall
St Bartholomew School of Nursing and Midwifery, City University, 20 Bartholomew Close, London, UK
J Clin Nurs 16:116-22. 2007..To develop a tool that would allow a fatigue assessment for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients that nurses could use irrespective of the level of response available from the patient...
- The Hawaiian Algal Database: a laboratory LIMS and online resource for biodiversity dataNorman Wang
Department of Molecular Biosciences and Bioengineering, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822, USA
BMC Plant Biol 9:117. 2009..data is greatly facilitated by databases that are specially designed to allow easy data entry and organized data display. Such databases also have the capacity to serve as Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)...
- Live streaming video for medical education: a laboratory modelAlejandro Gandsas
Department of Surgery, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 12:377-82. 2002..7 kbps was used, and although a 15-second delay was experienced from the time of data request to data display, the surgical film streamed continuously from beginning to end at a mean rate of 14.4 frames per second (fps)...
- Telemedicine: the new must for surgeryP M Schlag
Klinik fur Chirurgie und Chirurgische Onkologie, Robert Rössle Klinik am Max Delbrück Centrum für molekulare Medizin, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Medizinische Fakultat der Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
Arch Surg 134:1216-21. 1999..fusion, registering, contour matching, and, once the data are integrated, all the aspects of surgery-suitable data display and interaction...
- [Unnecessary test repeats in viral hepatitis serology]Ozgen Alpay Ozbek
Mikrobiyol Bul 41:279-83. 2007..000 US Dollars. Our data display that considerable amount of unnecessary testing takes place in serological testing of viral hepatitis...
- Stable isotope ratios indicate diet and habitat use in New World monkeysM J Schoeninger
Department of Anthropology, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol 103:69-83. 1997..The delta 15N data display three significantly different modes...
- The spatial association between community air pollution and mortality: a new method of analyzing correlated geographic cohort dataR Burnett
Healthy Environments and Consumer Safety Branch, Health Canada, 200 Environmental Health Centre, Tunney s Pasture, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1A 0L2
Environ Health Perspect 109:375-80. 2001..055-1.035. We conclude that these data display both extravariation and spatial autocorrelation, characteristics not captured by the Cox survival model...
- Ultrastructural qualitative and quantitative data on the sporogenesis of the protozoan Abelspora portucalensis (Microspora, Abelsporidae): a different approach to the study of microsporidiaE Rocha
Laboratory of Histology and Embryology, University of Oporto, Portugal
J Morphol 213:295-303. 1992..The most relevant quantitative data display that the amount of rough endoplasmic reticulum (either in relative or absolute terms) presents significant ..
- An improved thin-layer chromatography/mass spectrometry coupling using a surface sampling probe electrospray ion trap systemMichael J Ford
Organic and Biological Mass Spectrometry Group, Chemical Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831 6131, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18:1303-9. 2004..system, benefits of analyzing a developed lane in both positive ion and negative ion modes, levels of detection while surface scanning, surface scan speed effects, and the utility of three-dimensional data display, are also discussed.
- Concerted electron and proton transfer in ionic crystals mapped by femtosecond x-ray powder diffractionMichael Woerner
Max Born Institut fur Nichtlineare Optik und Kurzzeitspektroskopie, 12489 Berlin, Germany
J Chem Phys 133:064509. 2010..Time-dependent charge density maps derived from the diffraction data display a periodic modulation of the channel's charge density by low-frequency lattice motions with a concerted ..
- Global monitoring of influenza: potential contribution of national networks from a French perspectiveAntoine Flahault
WHO Collaborating Center for Electronic Disease Surveillance, Inserm Unit 707, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 27 rue Chaligny, F 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 4:387-93. 2006..functionalities, for example, maps (animated or static), charts and raw data are embedded in the system for data display. Thus far, FluNet has collected weekly influenza surveillance data from up to 1997...
- Spiritual needs of patients with cancer and family caregiversElizabeth Johnston Taylor
School of Nursing, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA, USA
Cancer Nurs 26:260-6. 2003..In-depth, tape-recorded, semistructured interviews were analyzed using the process of data reduction, data display, and verification...
- Effect of a multiple-site intensive care unit telemedicine program on clinical and economic outcomes: an alternative paradigm for intensivist staffingMichael J Breslow
VISICU, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Crit Care Med 32:31-8. 2004....
- DISPLAY-2: a two-dimensional shallow layer model for dense gas dispersion including complex featuresA G Venetsanos
National Center for Scientific Research Demokritos, Environmental Research Laboratory, Institute of Nuclear Technology and Radiation Protection, 15310 Aghia Paraskevi, Attiki, Greece
J Hazard Mater 99:111-44. 2003....
- Nursing diagnoses: factors affecting their use in charting standardized care plansTing Ting Lee
Nursing Department, National Taipei College of Nursing, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Nurs 14:640-7. 2005..The purpose of this study was to explore factors that may affect nurses' use of nursing diagnoses in charting standardized nursing care plans in their daily practice...
- [Neuroimaging data of ADHD, tic-disorder and obsessive-compulsive-disorder in children and adolescents]Timo D Vloet
Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum Aachen, Neuenhofer Weg 21, DE 52074 Aachen
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 34:343-55. 2006..To summarise, the data display an impairment of cortico-striato-thalamic circuits which appears to be associated with dysfunctioning motor ..
- Nurses' perceptions of their documentation experiences in a computerized nursing care planning systemTing Ting Lee
National Taipei College of Nursing, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Nurs 15:1376-82. 2006..To explore how the content design of a computerized nursing care plan affects nurses' perceptions of their documentation experience, specifically in making care plans...
- Evanescent wave excited luminescence from levitated quantum dot modified colloidsW Neil Everett
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, and Department of Biomedical Engineering, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
Langmuir 23:8950-6. 2007..Colloid-surface potential energy profiles constructed from scattering and luminescence intensity data display excellent agreement with each other, theoretical predictions, and independently measured parameters...
- Periodicity in extinction and the problem of catastrophism in the history of lifeJ J Sepkoski
Department of the Geophysical Sciences, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Geol Soc London 146:7-19. 1989..Extinction time series computed from the generic data display nine strong peaks that are nearly uniformly spaced at 26 Ma intervals over the last 270 Ma...
- Application of a computerized nursing care plan system in one hospital: experiences of ICU nurses in TaiwanTing Ting Lee
Nursing School, Chang Gung University, Kwei Shan, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Adv Nurs 39:61-7. 2002..The purpose of this paper is to present ICU nurses' experiences with a computerized nursing care plan system at a medical centre in Taiwan...
- Molecular phylogenies support multiple morphological reductions in the liverwort subclass Marchantiidae (Bryophyta)Marie Catherine Boisselier-Dubayle
CNRS FR 1541 Systématique moléculaire, MNHN, 43 rue Cuvier, F 75005 Paris, France
Mol Phylogenet Evol 24:66-77. 2002..Molecular and morphological data display high degrees of incongruence. The molecular tree topology predominates in the combined analysis...
- Portable Pesticide MonitorTONY RAGUCCI; Fiscal Year: 2007..design, assembly and testing of the first-generation wearable sensor with automated sampling, processing and data display. The research team consisting of a group of research engineers and scientists with backgrounds in sensor design ..
- A High Throughput System for Multichannel NeurophysiologyTIMOTHY TUCKER; Fiscal Year: 2007..analysis of these very large data sets by allowing for efficient real-time signal conditioning, spike sorting, data display, and analysis on a novel new dedicated digital signal processing (DSP) platform...
- Time Domain Description of Polysomnography DataJack Smith; Fiscal Year: 2005..While providing advantages in terms of the ease and flexibility of data display, monitoring, and reporting of polysomnography data, digital polysomnography provides a decreased accuracy of ..
- Pediatric PolysomnographyJack Smith; Fiscal Year: 2006..cPSG has offered indubitable advantages over its analog predecessor in terms of the flexibility and ease of data display and editing, as well as in space requirements and cost of data archival, cPSG provides a decreased accuracy of ..
- IN-DEPTH LONGITUDINAL STUDY OF HIV-INFECTED WOMENPatricia Stevens; Fiscal Year: 2003..A multi-stage narrative analysis will be the primary analytic approach. A variety of data reduction, data display, and interactive techniques will be applied to the data...
- REHABILITATION OUTCOMES, COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION AND ICFDavid Gray; Fiscal Year: 2006..The research data combined with input from experts will be used to develop a user-friendly data display for individual and aggregated data that allows users to examine where they fit with regards to participation in ..
- AMBULATORY AIRFLOW-PRESSURE MONITOR FOR SLEEP MEDICINEDAVID KRAUSMAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..The AirTrac will detect apneas, hypopneas and flow-limited breaths and provide basic event rates and visual data display on the PC...
- True Three Dimensional Display For Medical TelepresenceC E Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2005..demonstrate the feasibility of a high-resolution truly three-dimensional (3D) color display for use in Medical data display applications...
- Medical Image Perception Society Confrence XIElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Optimized Compression for Telepathology Virtual SlidesElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Optimized Compression for Telepathology Virtual SlidesElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Conference--Medical Image PerceptionElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2003..This grant will be used to provide financial support for about 12 graduate students and residents, as well as logistic support for publicity and program printing. ..
- OPTIMIZING SOFTCOPY DISPLAYS FOR DIGITAL MAMMOGRAPHYElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2003..The JND metrix model will then be used to systematically explore and optimize CRT design tradeoffs for current and future digital-mammography display systems. ..
- MIPS XII ConferenceElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Eyestrain in RadiologistsElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2007..Only by developing a better understanding of the nature of observer error, may we discover effective approaches to reducing the errors. ..
- Eyestrain in RadiologistsElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2009..Only by developing a better understanding of the nature of observer error, may we discover effective approaches to reducing the errors. ..
- Core-Instrumentation/Data Manipulation CoreRichard Laforest; Fiscal Year: 2007..A Data Management and Archival System (DMAS) will be deployed to provide database functionalities, data display and analysis, and a centralized on-line storage and archival for all studies performed under this program...
- GENE EXPRESSION IN CANCER BY MICROARRAY HYBRIDIZATIONDavid Botstein; Fiscal Year: 2002..infrastructure, including further development of analytical algorithms as well as improved database, data archiving and data display systems. Finally, further technology development of the cDNA microarray technology is proposed.
- GENE EXPRESSION IN CANCER BY MICROARRAY HYBRIDIZATIONPatrick Brown; Fiscal Year: 2005..infrastructure, including further development of analytical algorithms as well as improved database, data archiving and data display systems. Finally, further technology development of the cDNA microarray technology is proposed.
- Early Detection of Lung Cancer via Bi Plane CorrelationEhsan Samei; Fiscal Year: 2002..The findings will be used to demonstrate the capability of the approach for improving the detection of lung nodules, and thus the prognosis of lung cancer. ..
- Bi-Plane Correlation Imaging: Detection of Lung CancerEhsan Samei; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings will be used to substantiate the capability of BCI for improving the early detection of lung nodules and to optimize its performance on actual clinical cases. ..
- Resolution requirements for mammographic displaysEhsan Samei; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results will be used to formulate recommendations to the breast imaging community concerning display resolution criteria for safe and optimized soft-copy display of digital mammograms. ..