Genomes and Genes
Summary: The visual display of data in a man-machine system. An example is a cathode ray tube display in which certain data can be called for from the computer and presented on the screen.
Publications245 found, 100 shown here
- JAtlasView: a Java atlas-viewer for browsing biomedical 3D images and atlasesGuangjie Feng
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, EH4 2XU, Edinburgh, UK
BMC Bioinformatics 6:47. 2005..Here we discuss an atlas viewer implemented to run on any workstation using the architecture neutral Java programming language...
- Emergency CT brain: preliminary interpretation with a tablet device: image quality and diagnostic performance of the Apple iPadPatrick Mc Laughlin
Department of Radiology, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland
Emerg Radiol 19:127-33. 2012..The tablet allowed satisfactory identification of acute CT brain findings, but additional research will be required to examine the cause of "understandable" reporting discrepancies that occur when using tablet devices...
- Formatting modifications in GRADE evidence profiles improved guideline panelists comprehension and accessibility to information. A randomized trialPer Olav Vandvik
Norwegian Knowledge Centre for the Health Services, Oslo, Norway
J Clin Epidemiol 65:748-55. 2012..To determine the effects of formatting alternatives in Grading of Recommendations Assessment, Development, and Evaluation (GRADE) evidence profiles on guideline panelists' preferences, comprehension, and accessibility...
- Comparison of color LCD and medical-grade monochrome LCD displays in diagnostic radiologyHåkan Geijer
Department of Radiology, Orebro University Hospital, SE 701 85, Orebro, Sweden
J Digit Imaging 20:114-21. 2007..The VGA scores were -0.28 for the color and -0.25 for the monochrome display (p = 0.24; NS). It thus seems possible to use color displays in diagnostic radiology provided that grayscale adjustment is used...
- Perception of quantitative information for treatment decisionsD Feldman-Stewart
Department of Oncology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Med Decis Making 20:228-38. 2000..For estimating, numbers led to the most accurate estimates, followed by systematic ovals. The other four formats led to the least accurate estimates. Color and context did not alter which formats were best...
- Flexible image evaluation: iPad versus secondary-class monitors for review of MR spinal emergency cases, a comparative studyJonathan P McNulty
Diagnostic Imaging, School of Medicine and Medical Science, Health Science Centre, University College Dublin, Belfield, Ireland
Acad Radiol 19:1023-8. 2012....
- Noise in flat-panel displays with subpixel structureAldo Badano
Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Food and Drug Administration, 12720 Twinbrook Parkway, Rockville, Maryland 20857, USA
Med Phys 31:715-23. 2004....
- Detection of subtle pulmonary disease on CR chest images: monochromatic CRT monitor vs color CRT monitorS Iwano
Department of Radiology, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Eur Radiol 11:59-64. 2001..Color CRT monitors can replace monochromatic CRT monitors without any loss in the ability to detect subtle interstitial lung disease...
- Analysis method of noise power spectrum for medical monochrome liquid crystal displaysKatsuhiro Ichikawa
Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Radiol Phys Technol 1:201-7. 2008..Sufficient frequency resolution was obtained by the 2D FFT method with the 1024 x 1024 pixels segments and the 1D method. The method which provided the most reliable NPSs was the 1D method, with which the BTC was achieved successfully...
- The influence of liquid crystal display (LCD) monitors on observer performance for the detection of nodular lesions on chest radiographsH Usami
Department of Radiology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya, 466 8560, Japan
Eur Radiol 16:726-32. 2006..To access the influence of liquid crystal display (LCD) monitors on the detectability of nodular lesions depicted on chest radiographs by comparing them with a high-resolution cathode ray tube (CRT) monitor...
- Data display format and hospital ward reports: effects of different presentations on data interpretationAlessandro Agostinelli
Institute of Hygiene Catholic University of Sacred Heart, L go S Vito 1, Rome, Italy
Eur J Public Health 23:82-6. 2013..The aim of the survey is to study the graphical perception of the data at the management level and its possible effects, showing how some criteria of appraisal of a phenomenon are influenced by the graphical format...
- Resolution and noise measurements of five CRT and LCD medical displaysRobert S Saunders
Duke Advanced Imaging Laboratories, Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Med Phys 33:308-19. 2006..01% (accounting for blurring only) and 0.40 +/- 0.01% (accounting for blurring and prewhitening) for CRTs, and 1.02% +/- 0.22% (accounting for blurring only) and 0.36% +/- 0.08% (accounting for blurring and prewhitening) for LCDs...
- Projector-based augmented reality for intuitive intraoperative guidance in image-guided 3D interstitial brachytherapyRobert Krempien
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:944-52. 2008..The aim of this study is to implement augmented reality in real-time image-guided interstitial brachytherapy to allow an intuitive real-time intraoperative orientation...
- A demonstration of ''less can be more'' in risk graphicsBrian J Zikmund-Fisher
VA Health Services Research and Development Center for Clinical Management Research, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Med Decis Making 30:661-71. 2010..The graphical format typically displays 4 outcomes simultaneously: survival, mortality due to cancer, other-cause mortality, and incremental survival due to adjuvant treatment...
- E-Cell 2: multi-platform E-Cell simulation systemK Takahashi
Institute for Advanced Biosciences, Keio University, Fujisawa 252 8520, Japan
Bioinformatics 19:1727-9. 2003..A new version of the E-Cell simulation system,which runs on Windows as well as Linux, has been released as free software under the terms of the GNU General Public License...
- Active matrix liquid crystal displays for clinical imaging: comparison with cathode ray tube displaysW Pavlicek
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
J Digit Imaging 13:155-61. 2000..Our questionnaire showed active matrix liquid crystal displays (AMLCD) to be fully acceptable for clinical image viewing. Furthermore, the statistical results show that further testing for new AMLCDs of this type is unwarranted...
- Quality control of a laser camera with the SMPTE test pattern: optical density variations with printing format and frame positionI A Tsalafoutas
Medical Physics Unit, Konstantopoulio Agia Olga Hospital, 3 5 Agias Olgas, Nea Ionia, 142 33, Athens, Greece
Br J Radiol 77:52-6. 2004..The OD variations observed with printing format and frame position can not be explained with certainty. They may indicate a laser camera malfunction and, if this is the case, limits to the maximum variation allowed should be set...
- Missing value estimation methods for DNA microarraysO Troyanskaya
Stanford Medical Informatics Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Bioinformatics 17:520-5. 2001..We report results of the comparative experiments and provide recommendations and tools for accurate estimation of missing microarray data under a variety of conditions...
- Testing consumers' comprehension of quality measures using alternative reporting formatsMargaret Gerteis
Mathematica Policy Research, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 28:31-45. 2007..Respondents made fewest errors on templates using words to characterize performance as better, average, or worse...
- RNA movies: visualizing RNA secondary structure spacesD Evers
Technische Fakultat, Universitat Bielefeld, Postfach 100 131, 33501 Bielefeld
Bioinformatics 15:32-7. 1999..From this script, the system fully automatically generates animated graphical structure representations. In this way, it creates the impression of an RNA molecule exploring its own two-dimensional structure space...
- E-CELL: software environment for whole-cell simulationM Tomita
Laboratory for Bioinformatics, Keio University, 5322 Endo, Fujisawa, 252
Bioinformatics 15:72-84. 1999..We, therefore, were motivated to develop a software environment for building such integrative models based on gene sets, and running simulations to conduct experiments in silico...
- Chemical genomic profiling of biological networks using graph theory and combinations of small molecule perturbationsStephen J Haggarty
Departments of Chemistry and Chemical Biology and of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Institute of Chemistry and Cell Biology, Harvard University, 12 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:10543-5. 2003..This application of small molecules could be useful for discerning the molecular basis of highly complex biological phenotypes, including those involved in the susceptibility to or etiology of human disease...
- Viewing angle performance of medical liquid crystal displaysEhsan Samei
Duke Advanced Imaging Laboratories, Department of Radiology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Med Phys 33:645-54. 2006..3 and beta175 quantities for defining the viewing angle cones within which a medical LCD device can be effectively utilized...
- Comparison of 3MP medical-grade to 1MP office-grade LCD monitors in mammographic diagnostic and perceptual performanceAaron H J Ong
University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol 55:153-62. 2011..This study aimed to determine whether a statistically significant difference in diagnostic (cancer detection) and perceptual (microcalcification detection) performance exists between 3MP grade and 1MP office-grade monitors...
- ePlant and the 3D data display initiative: integrative systems biology on the world wide webGeoffrey Fucile
Department of Cell and Systems Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e15237. 2011..It can be applied to any model organism. To facilitate the development of three-dimensional displays of biological data on the world wide web we have established the "3D Data Display Initiative" (http://3ddi.org).
- Proposal of a quality-index or metric for soft copy display systems: contrast sensitivity studyJihong Wang
Department of Radiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9071, USA
J Digit Imaging 16:185-202. 2003..Based on this correlation, it is proposed to use the gradient of luminance response curve as a quality-index or metric for SD devices...
- What cognitive science tells us about the design of reports for consumersMary E Vaiana
Med Care Res Rev 59:3-35. 2002..Based on their review, the authors develop some general principles for presenting information and demonstrate their utility by assessing three Web sites that report performance data...
- Assessment of monitor conditions for the display of radiological diagnostic images and ambient lightingC Wade
University College Dublin, School of Diagnostic Imaging, Herbert Avenue, Dublin 4, Ireland
Br J Radiol 77:465-71. 2004....
- Assessment of PACS display systemsJohn E Aldrich
Department of Radiology, Vancouver Hospital, 899 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 1M9, Canada
J Digit Imaging 18:287-95. 2005..None of the systems met the contrast ratio criteria in ambient light. The challenges in improving the performance and calibrating displays are discussed...
- Diagnostic efficacy of handheld devices for emergency radiologic consultationRachel J Toomey
University College Dublin School of Medicine and Medical Science, Health Science Centre, Belfield, Dublin, Ireland
AJR Am J Roentgenol 194:469-74. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine whether the diagnostic accuracy of handheld computing devices is comparable to that of monitors that might be used in emergency teleconsultation...
- Use of super-concepts to customize electronic medical records data displayP Massari
CISMeF, Rouen University Hospital and GCSIS, LITIS EA 4108, Institute of Biomedical Research, University of Rouen, France
Stud Health Technol Inform 136:845-50. 2008..This work shows that these terminological tools are able to facilitate information retrieval...
- Psychophysical analysis of monitor display functions affecting observer diagnostic performance of CT image on liquid crystal display monitorsM Yamaguchi
Department of Radiology, Osaka Prefectural Medical Center for Respiratory and Allergic Diseases, 3 7 1 Habikino, Habikino City, Osaka, 583 8588, Japan
Eur Radiol 15:2487-96. 2005..The GSDF was suitable for observation of abdominal and lung CT images; however, the display function combined the Exponential gamma 2.2 and the GSDF functions and was ideal for observation of brain CT images by psychophysical analysis...
- Angular dependence of the luminance and contrast in medical monochrome liquid crystal displaysAldo Badano
Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Food and Drug Administration, 12720 Twinbrook Parkway, Rockville, Maryland 20857, USA
Med Phys 30:2602-13. 2003..The changes due to off-normal viewing are substantial at large angles in the horizontal and vertical directions, and much worse in the diagonal viewing directions...
- Considerations for the representation of meta-data for the support of structured data entryA M van Ginneken
Department of Medical Informatics, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Methods Inf Med 42:226-35. 2003..e. the definition of what is relevant to say in a specific context. The objective of this paper is to provide considerations for an intuitive conceptual representation of such meta-data for domain experts...
- Hand-held computers in healthcare: what software programs are available?Wayne Gillingham
Health Informatics Group, University of Otago, Dunedin
N Z Med J 115:U185. 2002..Current PDA healthcare software is categorised and discussed in the following five groups: 1) reference/text book; 2) calculator; 3) patient management/logbook; 4) personal clinical/study notebook; 5) utility software...
- Presenting directions with a vibrotactile torso displayJan Van Erp
TNO Human Factors, PO Box 23, NL 3769 ZG, Soesterberg, The Netherlands
Ergonomics 48:302-13. 2005..The present results are relevant for tactile navigation displays for visually handicapped individuals or for jet pilots...
- O3-DPACS Open-Source Image-Data Manager/Archiver and HDW2 Image-Data Display: an IHE-compliant project pushing the e-health integration in the worldPaolo Inchingolo
Health Telematics Lab, Open Source Lab and Neuromodelling Lab, DEEI, University of Trieste, Italy
Comput Med Imaging Graph 30:391-406. 2006..In this paper an original Image-Data Manager/Archiver (O3-DPACS) and a universal Image-Data Display (HDW2) are described...
- Comparison of a cathode-ray-tube and film for display of computed radiographic imagesL T Cook
Department of Radiology, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City 66160 7234, USA
Med Phys 25:1132-8. 1998..These observations suggest that standard window settings should be reviewed from time to time to ensure that the display is used optimally. No special look-up table setup such as perceptual linearization was used...
- Visualization of geologic stress perturbations using Mohr diagramsPatricia Crossno
Sandia National Laboratories, PO Box 5800, Albuquerque, NM 87185, USA
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 11:508-18. 2005..This interactive glyph can be used as either a probe or a filter through brushing and linking...
- The immersive visualization probe for exploring n-dimensional spacesJames R Miller
Department of Computer Science, University of Kansas, Lawrence 66045, USA
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 24:76-85. 2004
- Seeing data: new methods for understanding informationKirk L Kroeker
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 24:6-12. 2004
- Visualization's role in analyzing computational fluid dynamics dataKelly Gaither
The University of Texas at Austin, Texas Advanced Computing Center, 78758, USA
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 24:13-5. 2004
- DynGO: a tool for visualizing and mining of Gene Ontology and its associationsHongfang Liu
Department of Information Systems, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, 1000 Hilltop Circle, MD 21050, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 6:201. 2005..e., genes and gene products annotated with GO terms). Tools that allow users to directly search and inspect relations among all GO terms and their associated genes and gene products from multiple databases are needed...
- Developing killer apps for industrial augmented realityNassir A Navab
Computer Science Dept, Technical University of Munich, Germany
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 24:16-20. 2004
- Storage bins: mobile storage for collaborative tabletop displaysStacey D Scott
University of Calgary, Canada
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 25:58-65. 2005
- The large-display user experienceGeorge Robertson
Visualization and Interaction Research Group, Microsoft Research, USA
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 25:44-51. 2005
- Children using cellular phones: the effects of shortcomings in user interface designSusanne Bay
RWTH Aachen University, Jaegerstrasse 17 19, 52056 Aachen, Germany
Hum Factors 47:158-68. 2005..Actual or potential applications of this research include guidelines to improve the usability of all devices with small displays and hierarchical menu structures, such as cellular phones...
- View and space management on large displaysAnastasia Bezerianos
Dynamic Graphic Project, University of Toronto
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 25:34-43. 2005
- Tools and applications for large-scale display wallsGrant Wallace
Princeton University, Department of Computer Science, USA
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 25:24-33. 2005
- Top scientific visualization research problemsChris Johnson
Scientific Computing and Imaging Inst, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112, USA
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 24:13-7. 2004
- General consumer communication tools for improved image management and communication in medicineChantal Rosset
Service of General Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Geneva University Hospital and Geneva Faculty of Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland
J Digit Imaging 18:270-9. 2005..The added features such as teleradiology, secure and convenient image and data communication, and the use of external data storage services open the gate to a much broader extension of our imaging infrastructure to the outside world...
- Dynamic range reduction inspired by photoreceptor physiologyErik Reinhard
School of Computer Science, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL 32816 2362, USA
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 11:13-24. 2005..The result is a fast and practical algorithm for general use with intuitive user parameters that control intensity, contrast, and level of chromatic adaptation, respectively...
- Software-based compensation of visual refractive errors of computer usersMiguel Alonso
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Florida International University, Miami, FL 33174, USA
Biomed Sci Instrum 41:229-34. 2005..The difficulties, as well as the proposed solutions, are described theoretically and followed by examples using a lens system showing the improvement over previous methods...
- A strategy to qualify the performance of radiographic monitorsD Gutierrez
University Institute for Applied Radiophysics, Grand pré 1, CH 1007 Lausanne, Switzerland
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 114:192-7. 2005..The results clearly demonstrate the inadequacy of standard desktop display systems in the framework of diagnostic radiology. Moreover, a good correlation between the subjective and objective assessment methods was obtained...
- Informatics in radiology (infoRAD): A complete continuous-availability PACS archive serverBrent J Liu
Department of Radiology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Radiographics 24:1203-9. 2004..As hospital PACS become more widespread, the need for CA PACS solutions will increase. A TMR CA PACS archive server can reliably help achieve CA in this setting...
- Subsampling models and anti-alias filters for 3-D automultiscopic displaysJanusz Konrad
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
IEEE Trans Image Process 15:128-40. 2006..We also describe a practical method to design finite-precision, low-complexity filters that can be implemented using modern graphics cards...
- Secrets to success and fatal flaws: the design of large-display groupwareElaine M Huang
Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 26:37-45. 2006
- A screen magnifier using "high level" implementation techniquesPaul Blenkhorn
School of Informatics, University of Manchester, Manchester M60 1QD, UK
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 14:501-4. 2006..The only known problem of the magnifier is that it fails to suppress the original, unmagnified cursor of the few applications that use custom cursors...
- GridIMAGE: a novel use of grid computing to support interactive human and computer-assisted detection decision supportMetin N Gurcan
Department of Biomedical Informatics, The Ohio State University, 3190 Graves Hall, 333 W 10th Ave, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Digit Imaging 20:160-71. 2007..It also provides a mechanism to allow cooperative imaging groups to systematically perform image interpretation tasks associated with research protocols...
- DicomWorks: software for reviewing DICOM studies and promoting low-cost teleradiologyPhilippe A Puech
Department of Medical Informatics and Biostatistics, CERIM, Faculte de Medecine, 1 place de Verdun, 59045 Lille Cedex, France
J Digit Imaging 20:122-30. 2007....
- A quantitative evaluation of human coordination interfaces for computer assisted surgeryM A Cardin
Imaging Research Department, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Comput Aided Surg 12:71-81. 2007..Our findings suggest that care is needed when using expensive and sometimes cumbersome virtual visualization technologies for CAS, and that simpler, non-stereo presentation may be sufficient for specific surgical tasks...
- Using applet-servlet communication for optimizing window, level and crop for DICOM to JPEG conversionAaron W C Kamauu
RemedyMD Inc, 9350 South 150 East, Sandy, UT 84070, USA
J Digit Imaging 21:348-54. 2008..Optimized images are created, as user-defined parameters are passed between the applet and a servlet on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act-compliant teaching file server...
- RadMonitor: radiology operations data mining in real timeRichard Chen
Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2343 Quarry Valley Road, Columbus, OH 43204, USA
J Digit Imaging 21:257-68. 2008..While RadMonitor has been implemented for the purpose of analyzing radiology operations, its XML backend allows it to be reused for virtually any other hierarchical data set...
- Garuda: a scalable tiled display wall using commodity PCs- Nirnimesh
Center for Visual Information Technology, International Institute of Information Technology, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, India
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 13:864-77. 2007..We also show that the server and network loads grow sublinearly with the increase in the number of tiles, which makes our scheme suitable to construct very large displays...
- An alternative for presenting interactive dynamic data sets in electronic presentations: a scrollable flash movie loopChun Shan Yam
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, WCC, Room 306, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 189:W295-300. 2007..The purpose of this article is to describe an alternative for creating scrollable movie loops for electronic presentations including PowerPoint...
- Visual methods for analyzing time-oriented dataWolfgang Aigner
Department of Information and Knowledge Engineering, Danube University Krems, Krems, Austria
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 14:47-60. 2008..The third main aspect we discuss is supporting user-centered visual analysis. We describe event-based visualization as a promising means to adapt the visualization pipeline to needs and tasks of users...
- A customizable mobile tool for supporting health behavior interventionsEsa Koskinen
Nokia Research Center, Helsinki, Finland
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:5908-11. 2007..We'll also present shortly a counterpart for the mobile application, a web service that should bring some added value for the end user...
- Real-time stereographic rendering and display of medical images with programmable GPUsXiao Hui Wang
University of Pittsburgh, 3362 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, United States
Comput Med Imaging Graph 32:118-23. 2008..The results indicate that GPU-based programming was capable of rendering large 3D datasets at real-time interactive rates with stereographic displays...
- Celestial3D: a novel method for 3D visualization of familial dataAngeline M Loh
Laboratory for Genetic Epidemiology, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research and UWA Centre for Medical Research, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Bioinformatics 24:1210-1. 2008..Currently no other methods are available for displaying extended pedigrees in 3Ds. We have made freely available a software tool--'Celestial3D'--that implements these novel techniques...
- Advances in the Dynallax solid-state dynamic parallax barrier autostereoscopic visualization display systemTom Peterka
MCS Radix Group, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL 60439, USA
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 14:487-99. 2008..Dynallax was recently demonstrated in a small-scale head-tracked prototype system. This paper summarizes the concepts presented earlier, extends the discussion of various topics, and presents recent improvements to the system...
- Design and evaluation of tiled parallel coordinate visualization of multichannel EEG dataMichael ten Caat
Department of Mathematics and Computing Science, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 13:70-9. 2007..The generality of the TPC method makes it widely applicable to other time-varying multivariate data types...
- Usability of multiviewpoint images for spatial interaction in projection-based display systemsAndreas Simon
Academy of Art and Design, University of Applied Sciences, Northwestern Switzerland, FHNW Art and Design, Aarau, Switzerland
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 13:26-33. 2007..For in-hand object manipulation in a simple docking task, multiviewpoint interaction performs only about 6 percent slower than fully head-tracked interaction...
- Fast and reliable collision culling using graphics hardwareNaga K Govindaraju
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:143-54. 2006..We integrate our culling algorithm with CULLIDE  and use it to perform reliable GPU-based collision queries at interactive rates on all types of models, including nonmanifold geometry, deformable models, and breaking objects...
- Transpost: a novel approach to the display and transmission of 360 degrees-viewable 3D solid imagesRieko Otsuka
Advanced Research Laboratory, Hitachi Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:178-85. 2006..We have developed prototypes of a 3D display and a 3D human-image transmission system. Our preliminary working prototypes demonstrate new possibilities of expression and forms of communication...
- Data-fusion display system with volume rendering of intraoperatively scanned CT imagesMitsuhiro Hayashibe
Institute for High Dimensional Medical Imaging, Jikei Univ School of Medicine, 4 11 1, Izumihoncho, Komae shi, Tokyo 201 8601, Japan
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 8:559-66. 2005..The system performance was validated in an experiment carried out in the operating room...
- Views on visualizationJarke J van Wijk
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, The Netherlands
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:421-32. 2006..However, such an economic view is too restrictive. Alternative views on visualization are presented and discussed: visualization as an art, visualization as design and, finally, visualization as a scientific discipline...
- HDR VolVis: high dynamic range volume visualizationXiaoru Yuan
Department of Computer Science and Engineering and Digital Technology Center, University of Minnesota at Twin Cities, Minneapolis 55455, USA
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:433-45. 2006..By leveraging modern commodity graphics hardware, multiresolution rendering techniques and out-of-core acceleration, our system can effectively produce an interactive visualization of large volume data, such as 2,048(3)...
- Methods and framework for visualizing higher-order finite elementsWilliam J Schroeder
Kitware Inc, Clifton Park, NY 12065, USA
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:446-60. 2006..We demonstrate our method on several examples, and have implemented the framework in the open-source visualization system VTK...
- Drawing directed graphs using quadratic programmingTim Dwyer
Clayton School of Information Technology, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:536-48. 2006..DMDS deals with low-dimensional embedding of multivariate data where we want to emphasize the overall flow in the data (e.g., chronological progress) along one of the axes...
- Designing for social data analysisMartin Wattenberg
IBM Research, Visual Communication Lab, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:549-57. 2006..We end by discussing the design of an extension of the NameVoyager to a more complex data set, in which the principles of social data analysis played a guiding role...
- Parallel sets: interactive exploration and visual analysis of categorical dataRobert Kosara
Computer Science Department, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, NC 28223 0001, USA
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:558-68. 2006..We demonstrate Parallel Sets by analyzing a large CRM data set, as well as investigating housing data from two US states...
- Multifocal projection: a multiprojector technique for increasing focal depthOliver Bimber
Bauhaus University Weimar, Germany
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:658-67. 2006..Our technique is independent of the surfaces' geometry, color and texture, the environment light, as well as of the projectors' position, orientation, luminance, and chrominance...
- Computer graphics visions and challenges: a European perspectiveJosé L Encarnação
Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 26:83-9. 2006....
- CreateTarget and Analyze This!: new software assisting imaging mass spectrometry on Bruker Reflex IV and Ultraflex II instrumentsStefan Clerens
Laboratory of Neuroplasticity and Neuroproteomics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Naamsestraat 59, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 20:3061-6. 2006..5 image format that can be read by image analysis software. These two tools are sufficient to allow IMS, and offer a valid alternative to commercially available software. CreateTarget and Analyze This! are available free of charge...
- Presentation of 3D isotropic imaging data for optimal viewingR Mark Henkelman
Mouse Imaging Centre, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Magn Reson Med 56:1371-4. 2006..A robust preference for a 5:1 ratio in through-plane to in-plane was found for a typical SNR of 11...
- Interactive view-dependent rendering over networksZhi Zheng
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 14:576-89. 2008....
- Medical Image Resource Center--making electronic teaching files from PACSC C Tchoyoson Lim
Department of Neuroradiology, National Neuroscience Institute, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433
J Digit Imaging 16:331-6. 2003..We test-populated our ETF server with illustrative images from the clinical case load of the National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore. Together, PACS and MIRC have the potential to benefit radiology teaching and research...
- PET/CT image navigation and communicationOsman Ratib
Department of Radiology and Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, Ahmanson Biological Imaging Center, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1721, USA
J Nucl Med 45:46S-55S. 2004..This is accomplished by combining functional and anatomic data into multidimensional views using color-encoding techniques that provide visual clues on the spatial distribution of image data...
- Virtual surgery simulation for medical training using multi-resolution organ modelsJung Kim
School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Systems Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, Korea
Int J Med Robot 3:149-58. 2007..In this paper we propose a method to overcome this challenge by introducing a multi-resolution modelling technique...
- DICOM structured reporting: Part 2. Problems and challenges in implementation for PACS workstationsRada Hussein
Division of Medical and Biological Informatics, H0100, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Radiographics 24:897-909. 2004..To evaluate and demonstrate the effectiveness of the SR toolkit in a pragmatic setting, the toolkit was integrated into PACS workstations...
- Radiology on handheld devices: image display, manipulation, and PACS integration issuesBhargav Raman
Department of Radiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, CA 94305 5105, USA
Radiographics 24:299-310. 2004..Although some limitations remain, PDA-based teleradiology has the potential to increase the efficiency of the radiologic work flow, increasing productivity and improving communication with referring physicians and patients...
- VIZARD: analysis of Affymetrix Arabidopsis GeneChip dataNick Moseyko
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California at Berkeley, 111 Koshland Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 3102, USA
Bioinformatics 18:1264-5. 2002..VIZARD also includes annotation and upstream sequence databases for the majority of genes represented on the Affymetrix Arabidopsis GeneChip array...
- Full-screen magnification for windows using DirectX OverlaysPaul Blenkhorn
Department of Computation, University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology UMIST, Manchester M60 IQD, U K
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 10:225-31. 2002..The paper presents two further strategies for full screen magnification, namely, using multimonitor support and true type fonts for text enlargement...
- [Spatial and temporal characteristic of eye movement in human-computer interface design]Mo wei Shen
Department of Psychology and Behavioral Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Space Med Med Eng (Beijing) 16:304-6. 2003..To examine the related spatial and temporal characteristics of eye movement in HCI design and to provide ergonomic parameters to optimize the HCI design based on eye tracking...
- Ramachandran plot on the webS S Sheik
Bioinformatics Centre, Supercomputer Education and Research Centre, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India
Bioinformatics 18:1548-9. 2002..The package displays the Ramachandran angles along with a detailed analysis output. This software is incorporated with all the protein structures available in the Protein Databank...
- Long-term forecasting of anesthesia workload in operating rooms from changes in a hospital's local population can be inaccurateDanielle Masursky
Department of Anesthesiology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, USA
Anesth Analg 106:1223-31, table of contents. 2008..Anesthesia department planning depends on forecasting future demand for perioperative services. Little is known about long-range forecasting of anesthesia workload...
- Decoupling mutations in the D-channel of the aa(3)-type cytochrome c oxidase from Rhodobacter sphaeroides suggest that a continuous hydrogen-bonded chain of waters is essential for proton pumpingJiapeng Zhu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Biochemistry 49:4476-82. 2010..Whereas N207D was previously shown to be decoupled, N207A and N207T exhibit nearly wild-type behavior. The new data display a pattern...
- Nuclear cardiology patient tracking using a palm-based device: methods and clinician satisfactionKhan M Siddiqui
Divisions of Radiology and Cardiovascular Medicine, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA 17822 2007, USA
J Digit Imaging 15:242-5. 2002..They were satisfied with ease of data input, sharing, retrieval, and clarity of data display. The cardiologist with the least experience in using the software took longer to input data and thought that it ..
- The oxygen status algorithm: a computer program for calculating and displaying pH and blood gas dataO Siggaard-Andersen
University of Copenhagen, Dept of Clinical Chemistry, Herlev Hospital, Denmark
Scand J Clin Lab Invest Suppl 203:29-45. 1990..The results are presented in a data display screen comprising all quantities together with age, sex, and temperature adjusted reference values...
- A graphical object display improves anesthesiologists' performance on a simulated diagnostic taskG T Blike
Department of Anesthesiology, Dartmouth Hithcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756 0001, USA
J Clin Monit Comput 15:37-44. 1999This study tests the hypothesis that a graphical object display (a data display consisting of meaningful shapes) will affect the ability of anesthesiologists to perform a diagnostic task rapidly and correctly...
- Feasibility of collecting diary data from asthma patients through mobile phones and SMS (short message service): response rate analysis and focus group evaluation from a pilot studyJacob Anhøj
H S Unit for Patient Safety, Hvidovre, Denmark
J Med Internet Res 6:e42. 2004..The Internet has been suggested as a tool for the monitoring and self-management of asthma. However, in a recent study we found that a Web interface had some disadvantages and that users stopped using the application after a short while...
- Continuous Monitoring of Advanced Reading Skills (CMARS)WILLIAM A FAHLE; Fiscal Year: 2013..the psychometric qualities of our computer- administered measures by comparing them to already establish examiner-administered measures, (c) completed programming for data display and reporting information back to teachers and schools.
- A High Throughput System for Multichannel NeurophysiologyTIMOTHY TUCKER; Fiscal Year: 2007..analysis of these very large data sets by allowing for efficient real-time signal conditioning, spike sorting, data display, and analysis on a novel new dedicated digital signal processing (DSP) platform...
- RAPID, ROBUST AND AUTOMATED CONTINUOUS CARDIAC OUTPUTGregory Martin; Fiscal Year: 2000..will also be developed, as will the necessary software and algorithms for the collection, analysis and data display. The entire system will be extensively tested in a series of porcine experiments for accuracy, update speed and ..
- Time Domain Description of Polysomnography DataJack Smith; Fiscal Year: 2005..While providing advantages in terms of the ease and flexibility of data display, monitoring, and reporting of polysomnography data, digital polysomnography provides a decreased accuracy of ..
- Pediatric PolysomnographyJack Smith; Fiscal Year: 2006..cPSG has offered indubitable advantages over its analog predecessor in terms of the flexibility and ease of data display and editing, as well as in space requirements and cost of data archival, cPSG provides a decreased accuracy of ..
- INEXPENSIVE, BROAD COMMUNICATION NETWORK FOR THE DEAFGEORGE HOVORKA; Fiscal Year: 1999..innovation is an inexpensive, visible light information transfer system (VLITS) to transmit data to a personal data display (PDD) that can be used to convey information to deaf and hard of hearing users...
- QUANTIFICATION OF PERCEPTUAL INFORMATION IN VISUAL DATAGALE RAMSBY; Fiscal Year: 2000..This extension of data analysis to visual tasks requires data display technologies that can present to visual perception the undistorted and complete data information content...
- REHABILITATION OUTCOMES, COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION AND ICFDavid Gray; Fiscal Year: 2006..The research data combined with input from experts will be used to develop a user-friendly data display for individual and aggregated data that allows users to examine where they fit with regards to participation in ..
- AMBULATORY AIRFLOW-PRESSURE MONITOR FOR SLEEP MEDICINEDAVID KRAUSMAN; Fiscal Year: 2001..The AirTrac will detect apneas, hypopneas and flow-limited breaths and provide basic event rates and visual data display on the PC. The system will be compared to a full polysomnogram...
- IN-DEPTH LONGITUDINAL STUDY OF HIV-INFECTED WOMENPatricia Stevens; Fiscal Year: 2003..A multi-stage narrative analysis will be the primary analytic approach. A variety of data reduction, data display, and interactive techniques will be applied to the data...
- AMBULATORY AIRFLOW-PRESSURE MONITOR FOR SLEEP MEDICINEDAVID KRAUSMAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..The AirTrac will detect apneas, hypopneas and flow-limited breaths and provide basic event rates and visual data display on the PC...
- True Three Dimensional Display For Medical TelepresenceC E Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2005..demonstrate the feasibility of a high-resolution truly three-dimensional (3D) color display for use in Medical data display applications...
- OPTIMIZING SOFTCOPY DISPLAYS FOR DIGITAL MAMMOGRAPHYElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2003..The JND metrix model will then be used to systematically explore and optimize CRT design tradeoffs for current and future digital-mammography display systems. ..
- Conference--Medical Image PerceptionElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2003..This grant will be used to provide financial support for about 12 graduate students and residents, as well as logistic support for publicity and program printing. ..
- OPTIMIZING SOFTCOPY DISPLAYS FOR DIGITAL MAMMOGRAPHYElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2002..The JND metrix model will then be used to systematically explore and optimize CRT design tradeoffs for current and future digital-mammography display systems. ..
- Medical Image Perception Society Confrence XIElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Optimized Compression for Telepathology Virtual SlidesElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MIPS XII ConferenceElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DATABASE DEVELOPMENT AND ANALYTICAL SUPPORT FOR THEGEORGE NOZICKA; Fiscal Year: 1992..Analytical work may include study design, data preparation and refinement, data analysis, graphic data display, report outlining, and report drafts.
- Bi-Plane Correlation Imaging: Detection of Lung CancerEhsan Samei; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings will be used to substantiate the capability of BCI for improving the early detection of lung nodules and to optimize its performance on actual clinical cases. ..
- Resolution requirements for mammographic displaysEhsan Samei; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results will be used to formulate recommendations to the breast imaging community concerning display resolution criteria for safe and optimized soft-copy display of digital mammograms. ..
- Early Detection of Lung Cancer via Bi Plane CorrelationEhsan Samei; Fiscal Year: 2002..The findings will be used to demonstrate the capability of the approach for improving the detection of lung nodules, and thus the prognosis of lung cancer. ..
- ROC Analysis of Imaging System EvaluationsDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- The Laboratory Effect in Breast Cancer Detection StudiesDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2007..The comparison we are attempting to do is at the very core of our ability (or not) to generalize laboratory observer performance data to the general clinical environment in a valid manner. ..
- PREVALENCE EFFECT IN IMAGING SYSTEMS EVALUATIONSDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- OBSERVER PERFORMANCE STUDIES-READER SELECTION & TRAININGDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2002..While they proposed to continue to investigate several aspects in this regard, the current proposal would focus on the possible effects of observer (reader) selection and training on study design and results. ..
- Comparing Performance Under FROC Paradigm - A Non Parametirc ApproachDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ROC Analysis of Imaging System EvaluationsDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will develop closed-form solutions for the ANOVA procedure conducted on all possible bootstrap values. ..
- Assessment of Variance Structure in ROC StudiesDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., those that are the less demanding of the expensive resources of gathering patient cases and expanding radiologists reading time. ..
- DyNADS: A Dynamic Network Analysis Decision Support Tool for Nurse ManagersJoyce A Verran; Fiscal Year: 2010..3. Evaluate DyNADS'validity, scalability, and usefulness through a field test. 4. Evaluate the feasibility of implementing DyNADS or nursing units. ..
- Microinfusion Pump For Animal Functional Brain MappingDANIEL HOLSCHNEIDER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Simultaneous fMRI and Electrophysiology in Visual SystemGiorgio Bonmassar; Fiscal Year: 2007..The final system for general electrophysiology during MRI will become a high impact tool for vision research, given the worldwide lack of commercially available MR-compatible systems for electrophysiological recording. ..
- TENDON FORCE DURING OCCUPATIONAL HAND ACTIVITIESDavid Rempel; Fiscal Year: 2001..The proposed study is a collaborative effort between the University of California Ergonomics Program (UCSF), Hand and Microsurgery (UCSP), Mechanical Engineering (UC Berkeley), and the Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute. ..
- Automating FACS data analysis for HIV studiesLeonore Herzenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DATA PROCESSING FOR MR SPECTROSCOPIC IMAGINGANDREW MAUDSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..This development will support ongoing clinical studies investigating changes of brain metabolites associated with Alzheimer's disease and aging, epilepsy, and multiple sclerosis. ..
- Commercialization of an Online Training Protocol for Moderate Sedation EducationRobert Albert; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results will be compared between those who have received the web-based course and those who receive standard didactic course material. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AN IMPLANTABLE BOLUS INFUSION PUMP FOR THE NEUROSCIENCESDANIEL HOLSCHNEIDER; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Change Detection in Serial MRIs of Patients with Brain GliomasBradley Erickson; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is our hope that in the future, a measurement method superior to or as an adjunct to human observation will become available, though this study will not attempt to go that far. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- VOLUMETRIC PROTON MR SPECTROSCOPIC IMAGINGANDREW MAUDSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2001..As techniques are developed, they will support ongoing clinical studies investigating changes of brain metabolites associated with Alzheimer's disease and aging, epilepsy, substance abuse, and schizophrenia. ..
- Re-engineering the MEGA software packageSudhir Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2009..These core software enhancements will contribute to the longevity of MEGA for use in molecular evolution, bioinformatics, functional genomics, computational biology, and basic biomedicine applications. ..
- Data Processing for Clinical MR Spectroscopy and ImagingANDREW MAUDSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2006..Grant support will be directed towards providing awards for student- and postdoctoral- level attendees to attend the meeting. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Combined Ultrasound and Electrical Impedance TomographyJONATHAN NEWELL; Fiscal Year: 2006..This would reduce morbidity and mortality. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Using CAD As A Surrogate Reader In Observer StudiesRobert Nishikawa; Fiscal Year: 2006..This should reduce the cost and the time it takes new technologies or techniques to gain clinical acceptance. ..
- Human Lymphocyte Function in Air or at Physiologic O2Leonore Herzenberg; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- A model for wrist and elbow musculoskeletal disordersDavid Rempel; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- TASK STRATEGIES, AGING AND SKILL ACQUISITIONWendy Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Brain Imaging-Acupuncture and OsteoarthritisJohn Farrar; Fiscal Year: 2004..Defining the areas of interest and the techniques to use, will allow a comprehensive study of the effect on CBF of acupuncture therapy. ..
- SCAR TRIP Conference: Transforming Medical ImagingKatherine Andriole; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Quantitative Assessment of Murine Tumors with MicroPET.Craig Abbey; Fiscal Year: 2004..The third study proposes a study in which a well-known therapeutic agent, tamoxifen, is introduced. The data from this study will allow evaluation of the magnitude and statistical significance of a therapeutic effect. ..
- EFFECTS OF AN ERGONOMIC INTERVENTION FOR COMPUTER WORKDavid Rempel; Fiscal Year: 2002..5SD) of the pain severity-week score. The total cost of implementing the intervention will be estimated. The findings and recommendations will be disseminated statewide in cooperation with the California Department of Health Services. ..
- Response Selection as a Function of AgeRobert Proctor; Fiscal Year: 2002..These guidelines will lead to development of products and environments that allow elderly adults to remain more independent and to engage safely in more activities in their daily lives. ..
- INHIBITION OF DEHYDROGENASES FOR GLAUCOMA TREATMENTHugo Villar; Fiscal Year: 2005..The second phase of these studies will evaluate the compounds in ex-vivo and in-vivo studies, with the ultimate purpose of identifying candidates for drug development. ..
- Tomographic Reflection for Image Guided InterventionGeorge Stetten; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, at the completion of the proposed four years of research the sonic flashlight will be ready for testing in humans to guide invasive procedures. ..
- IN VIVO IMAGING OF FORMATION OF HEPATIC METASTASESJonathan Kruskal; Fiscal Year: 2002..This project will allow identification of a series of in vivo steps that can be used to explore novel diagnostic and therapeutic probes in animal studies. ..
- Tools & Data Resources in Support of Structural GenomicsPHILIP BOURNE; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed public resource will complement the private software and data resulting from the individual structural genomics centers as they undertake competitive high throughput structure determination. ..
- Collaborative Study:Workplace Musculoskeletal DisordersDavid Rempel; Fiscal Year: 2006..Study methods, instruments, and data format will be coordinated with the NIOSH Work-related Musculoskeletal Disorders Consortium. ..
- Dose and image quality in adult and pediatric CTWalter Huda; Fiscal Year: 2006..Determine the choice of kVp/mAs and PR/mAs that minimize patient doses with no loss of diagnostic performance. 3. Help the Radiology community to balance the confliciting requirements of image quality and patient doses in clinical CT. ..
- Bioluminescence imaging to monitor T cell localizationLeonore Herzenberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..Development of these transgenic mice enables the biological studies defined in this project and biological studies other laboratories. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dietary Adherence Enhancement in Peritoneal DialysisMARY SEVICK; Fiscal Year: 2007..Measurements will occur as baseline, 4 months, and 8 months for both groups. [unreadable] [unreadable]..