Summary: An optical disk storage system used on specialized players that combine the functions of computer and CD player in a self-contained box, designed to be connected to a television set and a home stereo for video and sound output. The player is controlled with a hand-held remote unit resembling a television remote control. (J Allied Health 1993 Winter;22(1):131-8)
- Kluge M, Glick L. Teaching therapeutic communication VIA camera cues and clues: the video inter-active (VIA) method. J Nurs Educ. 2006;45:463-8 pubmed..In a relatively short period (5 weeks), their learning from this method far ..
- Nivet J. [Elaboration of an interactive educational CD-R on good laboratory practices for manufacturing and quality control]. Ann Pharm Fr. 2005;63:429-32 pubmed..Building up a ten-module teaching program entitled "Le médicament en toute confiance", the development of this CD-R was supervised by an European team of experienced industrial pharmacists. ..
- Manganas A, Tsiknakis M, Leisch E, Karefilaki L, Monsieurs K, Bossaert L, et al. JUST in time health emergency interventions: an innovative approach to training the citizen for emergency situations using virtual reality techniques and advanced IT tools (the Web-CD). Stud Health Technol Inform. 2004;103:315-26 pubmed..This was achieved with the use of advanced information technology techniques, which provide adequate support and can help to overcome the present weaknesses of the existing training mechanisms. ..
- Yeh M, Chen H. Effects of an educational program with interactive videodisc systems in improving critical thinking dispositions for RN-BSN students in Taiwan. Int J Nurs Stud. 2005;42:333-40 pubmed
- Skalla K, Bakitas M, Furstenberg C, Ahles T, Henderson J. Patients' need for information about cancer therapy. Oncol Nurs Forum. 2004;31:313-9 pubmed..New approaches to patient education that will meet the needs of patients as well as clinicians and educators need to be developed. ..
- Neafsey P. Interactive personal technology education program decreases adverse medication events. Home Healthc Nurse. 2003;21:697-8 pubmed
- Janda L, Janda M, Tedford E. IVR Test & Survey: a computer program to collect data via computerized telephonic applications. Behav Res Methods Instrum Comput. 2001;33:513-6 pubmed..This article describes IVR Test & Survey, a program to facilitate the administration, scoring, and analysis of information collected with the use of IVR technology. ..
- Shepperd S, Coulter A, Farmer A. Using interactive videos in general practice to inform patients about treatment choices: a pilot study. Fam Pract. 1995;12:443-7 pubmed
- Choi J, Sullivan J, Pankaskie M, Brufsky J. Evaluation of consumer drug information databases. J Am Pharm Assoc (Wash). 1999;39:683-7 pubmed..The Mayo Clinic Family Pharmacist was the most accurate and complete source of prescription drug information based on the USP DI Volume II and would be an appropriate database for health care professionals to recommend to patients. ..
- Heller M, Stoy W, Shuman L, Wolfe H, Zavada C. Effectiveness of interactive videodisc instruction for the continuing education of paramedics. Prehosp Disaster Med. 1994;9:165-70; discussion 171 pubmed..This study had an observed power of .94 to detect a difference in compliance as small as 0.030. Eight hours of IVD instruction did not result in improved paramedic performance as judged by computer analysis of trip sheets. ..
- Klatt E, Dennis S. Web-based pathology education. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1998;122:475-9 pubmed..Teaching faculty can easily generate and edit web-based materials for efficient resource management. Student performance has been enhanced. ..
- Goran M, Reynolds K. Interactive multimedia for promoting physical activity (IMPACT) in children. Obes Res. 2005;13:762-71 pubmed..The interactive multimedia curriculum favored an improvement in obesity indices in girls and was associated with subtle changes in physical activity in girls and general improvement in psychosocial outcomes related to physical activity. ..
- Demirjian A, David B. Using interactive multi-media to teach the anatomy and pathology of the temporo-mandibular joint. Medinfo. 1995;8 Pt 2:1291-3 pubmed..The courseware is intended for continuing education in dentistry and medicine. ..
- Heller L, Parker P, Youssef A, Miller M. Interactive digital education aid in breast reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008;122:717-24 pubmed publisher..The benefit of an interactive digital education aid is expected to be higher in a broad-based practice setting outside of a comprehensive cancer center. ..
- Mank A, Molenaar S. An interactive CD-ROM to inform patients about stem cell transplantation. Patient Educ Couns. 2008;73:121-6 pubmed publisher..Moreover, plans have been developed to disseminate the information on SCT over the Internet. Future development of comparable programs and their evaluation should be encouraged to promote the well-being of cancer patients. ..
- Marsch L, Bickel W, Grabinski M. Application of interactive, computer technology to adolescent substance abuse prevention and treatment. Adolesc Med State Art Rev. 2007;18:342-56, xii pubmed
- Demirjian A, David B. Learning medical and dental sciences through interactive multi-media. Medinfo. 1995;8 Pt 2:1705 pubmed..The CD-ROMs were recorded in our premises. During the presentation, the technical aspects of the development and production of a Multi-media document will be discussed along with the scientific content of the CD-ROM. ..
- Biermann E, Barkhausen K, Standl E. How would patients behave if they were continually informed of their blood glucose levels? A simulation study using a "virtual" patient. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2008;10:178-87 pubmed publisher..A simulation program such as DIABLOG could be valuable for education in order to more rapidly and reliably recognize impending hypo- and hyperglycemia episodes. ..
- Linné A, Liedholm H. Effects of an interactive CD-program on 6 months readmission rate in patients with heart failure - a randomised, controlled trial [NCT00311194]. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2006;6:30 pubmed..As there was some indication that patients who knew more about their condition might fare better, the place for intensive education and support of heart failure patients has yet to be determined. ..
- Ickenstein G, Horn M, Schenkel J, Vatankhah B, Bogdahn U, Haberl R, et al. The use of telemedicine in combination with a new stroke-code-box significantly increases t-PA use in rural communities. Neurocrit Care. 2005;3:27-32 pubmed
- Yoo S, Lee C, Choi B, Saiviroonporn P. Interactive 3-dimensional segmentation of MRI data in personal computer environment. J Neurosci Methods. 2001;112:75-82 pubmed..Our results suggest that 3-D volume segmentation with semi real-time visual feedback could be effectively implemented in a PC environment without the need for dedicated graphics processing hardware. ..
- Wautier J, Vileyn F, Lefrere J. [Electronic learning: interactive learning in medicine or Socrates in electronic guise]. Transfus Clin Biol. 2005;12:150-2 pubmed..Several electronic companies have given a free access to the programmes and sites. The use of electronic media leads to an adaptation of teaching methods making them more interactive. ..
- Sultana C, Levy J, Rogers R. Video vs. CD-ROM for teaching pelvic anatomy to third-year medical students. A comparison. J Reprod Med. 2001;46:675-7 pubmed..Student comments favored the CD-ROM. Use of video review resulted in short-term significantly higher test scores, but students preferred an interactive CD-ROM. This method should be made available to all students during the rotation. ..
- Marsan C, Coleman D, Branca M, Cochand Priollet B, Molinie V. CD-ROM transnational training program in cervical cytology (CYTOTRAIN). Diagn Cytopathol. 2001;24:71-5 pubmed
- Calhoun B, Hume R. Integrated Obstetric Curriculum for Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency, Radiology Residency and Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellowship program at an accredited American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine Diagnostic Ultrasound Center. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2000;16:68-71 pubmed
- Rubens A, Stoy W, Piane G. Using interactive videodisc to test advanced airway management skills. Prehosp Disaster Med. 1995;10:251-8 pubmed..This study highlights the role of IVD in teaching the complex skills of advanced airway management. ..
- Chew F, Lanier L. Learning radiology from interactive videodiscs: bar-code book versus computer-assisted instruction. Acad Radiol. 1995;2:1016-20 pubmed..When videodisc is being integrated into the curriculum, the choice between bar-code book and computer-assisted instruction can be made on the basis of noneducational factors such as cost and availability. ..
- Nayak K, Pauly J, Yang P, Hu B, Meyer C, Nishimura D. Real-time interactive coronary MRA. Magn Reson Med. 2001;46:430-5 pubmed..Initial results indicate this technique can perform as a high-quality 2D coronary localizer and with SNR improvement may enable rapid screening of the coronary tree. ..
- Lehmann E. Further user comments regarding usage of an interactive educational diabetes simulator (AIDA). Diabetes Technol Ther. 2002;4:121-35 pubmed..Comments posted to diabetes newsgroups and diabetes email lists, as well as a selection of those which have been found at other, linked, diabetes Websites are also highlighted. ..
- Rothe C, Gersting J. Cardiovascular interactions: an interactive tutorial and mathematical model. Adv Physiol Educ. 2002;26:98-109 pubmed..Hypertext tags embedded in the Lab Book are used to access the Information File. The Cardiovascular Interactions learning package was designed to run from its CD and so does not need to be installed...
- Doyle D. CD-ROM Review: ACLS HeartCode. Can J Anaesth. 2002;49:997-9 pubmed
- Whittle S. E-novation. The telly vision. Health Serv J. 2003;113:suppl 10-1 pubmed
- McPherson A, Glazebrook C, Forster D, James C, Smyth A. A randomized, controlled trial of an interactive educational computer package for children with asthma. Pediatrics. 2006;117:1046-54 pubmed..The Asthma Files was found to be an effective and popular health education tool for promoting asthma self-management skills within pediatric care. ..
- Harvey C. Electronic programs and information on veterinary dentistry. Special report. J Vet Dent. 1996;13:111-6 pubmed..These include materials available on the Internet or via commercial on-line services such as AOL-VIN and Compuserve-NOAH, and off-line materials such as CD-i, CD-ROM and floppy disk programs. ..
- Plasschaert A, Cailleteau J, Verdonschot E. The effect of a multimedia interactive tutorial on learning endodontic problem-solving. Eur J Dent Educ. 1997;1:66-9 pubmed
- Bloom K, Hough M. Student satisfaction with technology-enhanced learning. Comput Inform Nurs. 2003;21:241-6; quiz 247-8 pubmed..Faculty expertise in the creation, selection, and use of the technology is a major factor influencing student satisfaction. ..
- Greene J. Interactive program aids informed consent. OR Manager. 2005;21:18 pubmed
- Walther J, Pingree S, Hawkins R, Buller D. Attributes of interactive online health information systems. J Med Internet Res. 2005;7:e33 pubmed..The effects of a subset of these attributes are connected to learning, social influence, and coping, as illustrated in evaluations of an interactive smoking prevention site and a cancer advice/support discussion system. ..
- Litchfield R, Oakland M, Anderson J. Improving dietetics education with interactive communication technology. J Am Diet Assoc. 2000;100:1191-4 pubmed..Use of interactive communication technology in dietetics education has the potential to improve competency, technological aptitude, professional partnering skills, and lifelong learning skills. ..