Summary: Computer disks storing data with a maximum reduction of space and bandwidth. The compact size reduces cost of transmission and storage.
- Turner P, Weerakone S. What, when and how to back up your data. Dent Update. 2001;28:351-6, 358 pubmed..The important points to be considered when developing a backup strategy are explained and a résumé given of the backup devices currently available. ..
- Jerger J. From laboratory to practice. J Am Acad Audiol. 2003;14:preceding 1 pubmed
- Wilson R, Moncrieff D, Townsend E, Pillion A. Development of a 500-Hz masking-level difference protocol for clinic use. J Am Acad Audiol. 2003;14:1-8 pubmed..8-dB SPL and a 10.0-dB MLD. The mean test, retest of the SoNo and SpiNo thresholds on 15 listeners was < 0.5 dB. Over the three experiments, 95% of the listeners had SpiNo MLDs that were > or = 10 dB. ..
- Cyna A, Crowther C, Robinson J, Andrew M, Antoniou G, Baghurst P. Hypnosis antenatal training for childbirth: a randomised controlled trial. BJOG. 2013;120:1248-59; discussion 1256-7 pubmed publisher..2%, RR 1.01, 95% CI 0.89-1.15). Antenatal group hypnosis using the Hypnosis Antenatal Training for Childbirth (HATCh) intervention in late pregnancy does not reduce the use of pharmacological analgesia during labour and childbirth. ..
- Rasmussen L, Justice D, Chang K, Nelson V, Yang L. Home exercise DVD promotes exercise accuracy by caregivers of children and adolescents with brachial plexus palsy. PM R. 2013;5:924-30 pubmed publisher..However, the home exercise DVD may benefit patients with NBPP and their caregivers and may provide an adjunct to formal therapy sessions. ..
- McCombs B. Microsoft Vista: who needs it?. Can J Rural Med. 2007;12:111-2 pubmed
- Finlayson A, Baraco A, Cronin N, Johnson O, Little S, Nuur A, et al. An international, case-based, distance-learning collaboration between the UK and Somaliland using a real-time clinical education website. J Telemed Telecare. 2010;16:181-4 pubmed publisher..Feedback from those involved has demonstrated that a collaboration in which both north-south and south-north teaching occurs can strengthen partnerships in which both parties contribute and benefit. ..
- Chung C, Siu A, Po L, Lam C, Wong P. Comparing the effectiveness of video self-instruction versus traditional classroom instruction targeted at cardiopulmonary resuscitation skills for laypersons: a prospective randomised controlled trial. Hong Kong Med J. 2010;16:165-70 pubmed..Video self-learning resulted in cardiopulmonary resuscitation performance as good as traditional classroom training. ..
- Wen Y, Lin A, Chen H, Jiao Y, Yang H. From DVD to dendritic nanostructure silver electrode for hydrogen peroxide detection. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013;41:857-61 pubmed publisher..88×10(-7) to 6.73×10(-5) mol L(-1) and the detection limit is 2×10(-7) mol L(-1) (S/N=3). The as-developed method has been employed to determine H(2)O(2) concentration in real samples. ..
- Santiago Felipe S, Tortajada Genaro L, Carrascosa J, Puchades R, Maquieira Ã. Real-time loop-mediated isothermal DNA amplification in compact disc micro-reactors. Biosens Bioelectron. 2016;79:300-6 pubmed publisher..The developed device allows low sample and reagent consumption (3 ÂµL of reaction), portability, ease-of-use, and rapid low-cost high-throughput analyses. ..
- Subhani M, Kanwal I. Digital scrapbooking as a standard of care in neonatal intensive care units: initial experience. Neonatal Netw. 2012;31:162-8 pubmed publisher..Digital photo journaling could be implemented as a standard of care at other institutions with a commitment from the nursing and ancillary staff of the NICU and labor and delivery department, with possible support from volunteers. ..
- Dopson L. Soul music. Nurs Older People. 2005;17:39 pubmed
- Munoz R, Matos R, Angnes L. Amperometric determination of dipyrone in pharmaceutical formulations with a flow cell containing gold electrodes from recordable compact discs. J Pharm Sci. 2001;90:1972-7 pubmed..This new procedure was applied to commercial pharmaceutical tablets, and the results obtained were in excellent agreement with the ones obtained by the classical iodometric method. ..
- Tabuchi M, Kobayashi K, Fujimoto M, Baba Y. Bio-sensing on a chip with compact discs and nanofibers. Lab Chip. 2005;5:1412-5 pubmed..A maximum of six times higher sensitivity to detect DNA was obtained with this CD and BC system compared to a conventional method. We also demonstrate an effective light-confining effect for biological application with the new method. ..
- Flinn E. In space, CDs play a new tune. Aerosp Am. 2004;42:26-7 pubmed..The instrument will employ specially formatted glass and plastic compact disks to conduct tests on biological samples...
- Lang R, Nanda N, Franke A, Collins K. Live three-dimensional transthoracic echocardiography: case study world atlas. Echocardiography. 2005;22:95-8 pubmed
- Isbye D, Rasmussen L, Ringsted C, Lippert F. Disseminating cardiopulmonary resuscitation training by distributing 35,000 personal manikins among school children. Circulation. 2007;116:1380-5 pubmed..The teachers felt able to easily facilitate CPR training. The incidence of bystander CPR did not increase significantly in the months following the project. ..
- Patel H, Mirsadraee S, Emberton M. The patient's dilemma: prostate cancer treatment choices. J Urol. 2003;169:828-33 pubmed..The physician, as principal caregiver, still appears to have the most direct influence on patient choice. Just how long this status will continue is uncertain. ..
- Nanney M, Haire Joshu D, Brownson R, Kostelc J, Stephen M, Elliott M. Awareness and adoption of a nationally disseminated dietary curriculum. Am J Health Behav. 2007;31:64-73 pubmed..Although regional and organizational characteristics are predictors of awareness, these variables were less likely to predict adoption of such programs. ..
- Lowes R. Backing up data is forward-thinking. Med Econ. 2003;80:TCP15-6 pubmed
- Madou M, Zoval J, Jia G, Kido H, Kim J, Kim N. Lab on a CD. Annu Rev Biomed Eng. 2006;8:601-28 pubmed..The latter poses less challenges and explains why HTS products based on a CD fluidic platform are already commercially available, whereas we might have to wait longer to see commercial CD-based diagnostics. ..
- Botvin J. Alegent's new Internet News Center. Reporters receive CD by way of introduction. Profiles Healthc Mark. 2004;20:9-13, 3 pubmed..com, last September, with the idea of making information easy to find, easy to use, and available 24-7. The hospital then promoted the news center by means of an attractive direct mail piece containing an introductory CD. ..
- Huth M, Daraiseh N, Henson M, McLeod S. Evaluation of the Magic Island: Relaxation for Kids, compact disc. Pediatr Nurs. 2009;35:290-5 pubmed..Findings support that school-age children are capable of using guided imagery, and relaxation may not be necessary to achieve pain reduction. ..
- Vengasandra S, Cai Y, Grewell D, Shinar J, Shinar R. Polypropylene CD-organic light-emitting diode biosensing platform. Lab Chip. 2010;10:1051-6 pubmed publisher..The attributes and utility of the compact OLED-bio-CD-PD platform for sensitive and accurate monitoring of multiple analytes, and its potential field-deployability, are discussed. ..
- Shaw P. Diversity training: a DVD resource showcasing BME role models. Community Pract. 2010;83:30-3 pubmed..Overall, most of the interviewees felt that they had achieved their aims and recognised that their success was due more to inner qualities than external factors. ..
- Mendel L, Owen S. A study of recorded versus live voice word recognition. Int J Audiol. 2011;50:688-93 pubmed publisher..Because the majority of our patients are hearing impaired, the difference of 49 seconds is not clinically significant. This difference is even less when 25-item word lists are used. ..
- Nugent Z. BASCD surveys and computer communication. British Association for the Study of Community Dentistry. Int J Med Inform. 1997;47:35-7 pubmed..Four operating systems and at least eight software packages are used to produce and distribute the survey results. ..
- Tibbe A, de Grooth B, Greve J, Dolan G, Terstappen L. Imaging technique implemented in CellTracks system. Cytometry. 2002;47:248-55 pubmed..An imaging technique implemented in the CellTracks system provides high-resolution fluorescent images of events previously identified by the system. The images of the fluorescent cells enhance the ability to classify rare events. ..
- Danzi G, Capuano C, Zapparoli L, Sesana M, Fiocca L. [New coronary imaging modality. I. Digital angiography (cineless) and low-energy digital fluoroangioscopy systems]. Ital Heart J Suppl. 2001;2:118-24 pubmed
- Rudy S. The sounds of handheld audio players. ORL Head Neck Nurs. 2007;25:21-2 pubmed..It further reviews device factors that influence the sound levels produced by these audio devices and ways to reduce the risk to hearing during their use. ..
- Tamarit López J, Morais S, Puchades R, Maquieira A. Use of polystyrene spin-coated compact discs for microimmunoassaying. Anal Chim Acta. 2008;609:120-30 pubmed publisher..These figures demonstrate the enormous potential of using PS spin-coated compact discs in combination with CD players as an easy-to-operate and portable device to develop lab-on-a-disc analytical applications. ..
- Bañuls M, García Piñón F, Puchades R, Maquieira A. Chemical derivatization of compact disc polycarbonate surfaces for SNPs detection. Bioconjug Chem. 2008;19:665-72 pubmed publisher..A demonstration of the applicability to the compact disc audio/video technology for its use as analytical system is performed, including the employment of a commercial CD player to read the results on disc. ..
- Kong S, Sahakian A, Taflove A, Backman V. Photonic nanojet-enabled optical data storage. Opt Express. 2008;16:13713-9 pubmed
- Helion A, Reddy D, Kies A, Morris D, Wilson C. Influence of communicator's race on efficacy of an HIV/STD prevention intervention among African American and Caucasian college students. Public Health Nurs. 2008;25:440-50 pubmed publisher..Future studies should use multiple Black and White communicators to isolate the role of race and should be conducted where larger samples of African American college students can be recruited. ..
- Varma M, Nolte D, Inerowicz H, Regnier F. Spinning-disk self-referencing interferometry of antigen-antibody recognition. Opt Lett. 2004;29:950-2 pubmed..This BioCD has the potential to be applied as a spinning-disk interferometric immunoassay and biosensor. ..
- Austin S, Flach S, Gaines C. Atrial flutter simulated by a portable compact disk player. Mayo Clin Proc. 2007;82:383-4 pubmed
- Nischelsky J. [Loaning digitally processed roentgen images in "diagnostic quality"]. Chirurg. 2006;Suppl:292 pubmed
- Johnson S. My dog ate it! Protecting your work. Nurse Author Ed. 2003;13:1-4 pubmed
- Chang B, Dusek J, Benson H. Psychobiological changes from relaxation response elicitation: long-term practitioners vs. novices. Psychosomatics. 2011;52:550-9 pubmed publisher..While our data indicate that even a short-term 8-week RR-eliciting practice can decrease psychological distress levels, only after years of RR practice does psychological distress reduction coincide with biological change. ..
- Rieger U, Pierer K, Farhadi J, Lehmann T, Roers B, Pierer G. [Effective acquisition of basic surgical techniques through blended learning]. Chirurg. 2009;80:537-43 pubmed publisher..Blended learning can improve cognition and performance as well as the training efficiency and duration required for mentoring. Thus human resources can be saved indirectly. Surgical procedures may be presented more clearly. ..
- Khocht A. Computerized image capture, storage, retrieval, and enhancement in digital radiography. Pract Proced Aesthet Dent. 2004;16:477-8 pubmed
- Potyrailo R, Morris W, Leach A, Sivavec T, Wisnudel M, Boyette S. Analog signal acquisition from computer optical disk drives for quantitative chemical sensing. Anal Chem. 2006;78:5893-9 pubmed..Determinations of Ca2+ unknowns using the lab-on-DVD system demonstrated +/-5 ppm accuracy and 2-5% relative standard deviation precision in predicting 100 ppm Ca2+. ..
- Abi Samra K, Hanson R, Madou M, Gorkin R. Infrared controlled waxes for liquid handling and storage on a CD-microfluidic platform. Lab Chip. 2011;11:723-6 pubmed publisher..Overall, the techniques presented in this report offer novel methods for liquid handling, separation, and storage on the centrifugal microfluidic disc platform. ..
- Moore B, Glasberg B, Stone M. New version of the TEN test with calibrations in dB HL. Ear Hear. 2004;25:478-87 pubmed..3) The noise bandwidth is restricted, and the noise has a low crest factor. This allows the noise level/ERBN to be increased while avoiding distortion, excessive loudness, and possible further damage to hearing. ..
- Di Berardino F, Tognola G, Paglialonga A, Alpini D, Grandori F, Cesarani A. Influence of compact disk recording protocols on reliability and comparability of speech audiometry outcomes: acoustic analysis. J Laryngol Otol. 2010;124:859-63 pubmed publisher..We conducted acoustic analysis of compact disks used in clinical practice, to determine whether speech material had been recorded using similar procedures...
- Honeyman Buck J. Best of the hotline. J Digit Imaging. 2004;17:145-6 pubmed