Summary: The storing of visual and usually sound signals on discs for later reproduction on a television screen or monitor.
Publications147 found, 100 shown here
- Demonstration of nasogastric intubation using video compact disc as an adjunct to the teaching processesPaiboon Sookpotarom
Department of Surgery, Buddhachinaraj Hospital, Phitsanulok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 90:468-72. 2007..An in-house produced video compact disc (VCD) demonstrating nasogastric intubation was introduced to the medical curriculum at Buddhachinaraj Hospital, Clinical Teaching Centre, Phitsanulok in 2005...
- Randomized controlled trial of an instructional DVD for clinical skills teachingJoon C Lee
Department of Emergency Medicine, Lyell McEwin Health Service, Elizabethvale, South Australia, Australia
Emerg Med Australas 19:241-5. 2007..The clinical skill selected for the study was that of paediatric intraosseous (IO) needle insertion...
- Effectiveness of video-based patient information before percutaneous cardiac interventionsGiuseppe Steffenino
Struttura Semplice di Emodinamica, Dipartimento Cardiovascolare, Azienda Ospedaliera S Croce e Carle, Cuneo, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 8:348-53. 2007..A video-based presentation was conducted to improve patient information in our centre. The effectiveness of this new instrument, in addition to the standard information sheet, was assessed...
- Differentiating between benign and less benign: epilepsy surgery in symptomatic frontal lobe epilepsy associated with benign focal epileptiform discharges of childhoodDirk Matthias Altenmüller
Epilepsy Center, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Child Neurol 22:456-61. 2007..In symptomatic frontal lobe epilepsy, epilepsy surgery may yield an excellent outcome despite the presence of concurrent benign focal epileptiform discharges of childhood...
- Estimation of the longitudinal axis of line symmetrical soft bodies by stereophotogrammetryJurriaan H de Groot
Evolutionary Morphology Group, Institute of Evolutionary and Ecological Sciences, Leiden University, Kaiserstraat 63, 2311 GP, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Biomech 35:823-7. 2002..The result is an optimally estimated finite spatial curve defined by the polynomial parameters. The method is applicable for all line symmetrical organs or segments...
- The effect of intra-operative video on patient anxietyA K Y Man
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care and Operating Service, Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Hospital, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong
Anaesthesia 58:64-8. 2003..5 (70 to 60) mm]. Watching video intra-operatively reduces patient anxiety as measured by the STAI...
- Asymmetric localization of LGN but not AGS3, two homologs of Drosophila pins, in dividing human neural progenitor cellsTannin J Fuja
Developmental Biology Center, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Neurosci Res 75:782-93. 2004..The results suggest that hNPCs undergo ACD and that similar molecular pathways may underlie these divisions in Drosophila and human cells...
- Television and DVD/video viewing in children younger than 2 yearsFrederick J Zimmerman
Child Health Institute, and Department of Health Services, University of Washington, and the Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle 98115, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:473-9. 2007..To determine the television-, DVD-, and video-viewing habits of children younger than 2 years...
- Associations between media viewing and language development in children under age 2 yearsFrederick J Zimmerman
Child Health Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98115, USA
J Pediatr 151:364-8. 2007..To test the association of media exposure with language development in children under age 2 years...
- What effect does isoflurane have upon ciliary beat pattern: an in vivo studyA Robertson
ENT Department, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, UK
Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci 29:157-60. 2004..We found that ciliary beat frequency decreased significantly (P < 0.01) after exposure to isoflurane (10.24 Hz compared to 9.20 Hz). However, isoflurane did not alter the ciliary beat pattern or the proportion of immotile cilia...
- Rotational stability of toric soft contact lenses during natural viewing conditionsGeorge A Zikos
Manhattan Vision Associates Institute for Vision Research, New York, New York, USA
Optom Vis Sci 84:1039-45. 2007..To compare objectively the rotational stability of two differently designed toric soft contact lenses over a range of natural viewing conditions using a novel infrared, video-based technique...
- Learning through laughterAlicia Priest
Nurs BC 39:8-11. 2007
- Pacemaker troubleshooting: improved efficacy using a new diagnostic digital Holter recording systemJ P Moak
Department of Cardiology, Children s National Medical Centre, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Europace 4:55-9. 2002..This new recording system has the advantage of significantly improving diagnostic sensitivity and resulting in cost savings...
- Video physiotherapy for hand surgerySaiidy Hasham
Plast Reconstr Surg 114:1351-2. 2004
- Application of intraoperative indocyanine green angiography for CNS tumors: results on the first 100 casesP Ferroli
Department of Neurosurgery, Fondazione Istituto Neurologico Carlo Besta, Via Celoria 11, 20133 Milano, Italy
Acta Neurochir Suppl 109:251-7. 2011..To investigate the application of indocyanine green (ICG) videoangiography during microsurgery for central nervous system (CNS) tumors...
- Kidney transplant and the digital divide: is information and communication technology a barrier or a bridge to transplant for African Americans?Mark B Lockwood
Oregon Health and Science, University School of Nursing, Portland, Oregon
Prog Transplant 23:302-9. 2013..Barriers to kidney transplant for African Americans are well documented in the literature. Little information on ownership of information and communication technology and use of such technology in transplant populations has been published...
- Filmed v. live social contact interventions to reduce stigma: randomised controlled trialSarah Clement
Section of Community Mental Health, Box PO29, Health Service and Population Research Department, King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 201:57-64. 2012..Direct social contact interventions are known to reduce mental health stigma. Filmed social contact may be equally effective and have practical and cost advantages...
- Adherence to use of a home-based exercise DVD in people with Huntington disease: participants' perspectivesHanan Khalil
Department of Physiotherapy and Research Centre of Clinical Kinaesiology, School of Healthcare Studies, Cardiff University, Cardiff, South Glamorgan, United Kingdom
Phys Ther 92:69-82. 2012..The capabilities of DVD technology can make the DVD a useful format to facilitate engagement for people with HD who have motivational and cognitive problems...
- Feasibility and clinical value of "intelligent" compression and digital storage of transthoracic echocardiograms in day-to-day practiceL P Badano
Cardiovascular Science Department, S Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Udine, Italy
Ital Heart J 2:782-8. 2001....
- Effect of a preoperative instructional digital video disc on patient knowledge and preparedness for engaging in postoperative care activitiesJoe Ong
Department of Nursing, Ronald Reagan University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 44:103-15, xii. 2009..Nurses reported higher levels of knowledge and engagement among patients and their families related to postoperative activities...
- Training mothers in infant cardiopulmonary resuscitation with an instructional DVD and manikinGavin C Barr
Department of Emergency Medicine, Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network, 1240 S Cedar Crest Blvd, Allentown, PA 18103 6218, USA
J Am Osteopath Assoc 113:538-45. 2013..Classes in infant cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) can be time consuming and costly...
- Improving awareness of cancer clinical trials among Hispanic patients and families: audience segmentation decisions for a media interventionGwendolyn P Quinn
Health Outcomes and Behavior Program, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL, USA
J Health Commun 18:1131-47. 2013..The DVD is complete with companion booklet and currently undergoing a randomized control trial. ..
- High school students as ambassadors of CPR--a model for reaching the most appropriate target population?Tonje Lorem
Department of Research and Development, Norwegian Air Ambulance Foundation, Drobak, Norway
Resuscitation 81:78-81. 2010..Two tier mass CPR self-training with manikin-DVD sets using school children has been reported. We have studied high school students as first tier and encouraged them to train older people...
- Effects of a DVD-delivered exercise intervention on physical function in older adultsEdward McAuley
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 906 S Goodwin Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 68:1076-82. 2013..The current trial tested the efficacy of a novel, 6-month, home-based, DVD-delivered exercise program focusing on flexibility, balance, and toning on the physical function of older adults...
- Extended preoperative patient education using a multimedia DVD-impact on patients receiving a laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a randomised controlled trialD Wilhelm
Department of Surgery, Klinikum r d Isar, Technische Universitat, Munich, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 394:227-33. 2009..Multimedia productions can therefore be utilised as supporting tool. In a prospective randomised trial, we evaluated the impact of an extended education on patients undergoing cholecystectomy...
- Maintenance Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST) in practice: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialAmy Streater
Unit of Mental Health Sciences, University College London, Charles Bell House, 67 73 Riding House Street, London, UK
Trials 13:91. 2012..A recent pilot study found that a third of people who attend CST training go on to run CST in practice, but staff identified a lack of support as a key reason for the lack of implementation...
- Effects of an educational audiovisual videodisc on patients' pre-operative expectations with total knee arthroplasty: a prospective randomized comparative studyJoan Leal-Blanquet
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital del Mar i l Esperança Parc de Salut Mar, Carrer Sant Josep de la Muntanya 12, 08024, Barcelona, Spain
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 21:2595-602. 2013....
- Cartoon distraction alleviates anxiety in children during induction of anesthesiaJeongwoo Lee
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Chonbuk National University
Anesth Analg 115:1168-73. 2012..We performed this study to determine the beneficial effects of viewing an animated cartoon and playing with a favorite toy on preoperative anxiety in children aged 3 to 7 years in the operating room before anesthesia induction...
- Determination of microcystins in river waters using microsensor arrays on diskSergi Morais
Instituto Universitario de Reconocimiento Molecular y Desarrollo Tecnológico, Departamento de Química, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, camino de vera s n E46022, Valencia, Spain
Environ Sci Technol 44:9024-9. 2010....
- Use of dermatoscopy and videodermatoscopy in therapeutic follow-up: a reviewFrancesco Lacarrubba
Dermatology Clinic, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Int J Dermatol 49:866-73. 2010....
- The "Pseudocommando" mass murderer: part II, the language of revengeJames L Knoll
IV, Division of Forensic Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 38:263-72. 2010..Although both men committed offenses that qualify them as pseudocommandos, their final communications reveal striking differences in their psychopathology...
- What information should we give to our orthognathic patients?Tania Murphy
Montagu Hospital, Adwick Rd, Mexborough, South Yorkshire S640AZ, UK
J Orthod 37:293-6. 2010..This therefore gives her a unique perspective into the information she believes prospective patients undergoing similar procedures would find helpful and the choices of format to deliver that advice...
- Podcasting in nursingPatricia R McCartney
School of Nursing, The State University of New York, University at Buffalo, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 31:270. 2006
- Randomized trial of a DVD intervention to improve readiness to self-manage joint painJames Elander
Centre for Psychological Research, University of Derby, Derby, UK
Pain 152:2333-41. 2011..The findings are consistent with a 2-phase, motivational-volitional model of pain self-management, and provide the first insights to our knowledge of readiness to self-manage pain in hemophilia...
- Knowledge of HPV in West Virginia high school health students and the effects of an educational toolMaria D Merzouk
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 24:278-81. 2011....
- Operative notes do not reflect reality in laparoscopic cholecystectomyL S G L Wauben
Department of Surgery, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 98:1431-6. 2011..This comparative study examined whether operative notes accurately represented the laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) as performed...
- Pathways in heart failure disease management across socioeconomic spectraKathy Hebert
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Crit Pathw Cardiol 10:169-72. 2011..Finally, connecting inpatient visits to outpatient visits through the use of electronic medical records systems can facilitate avoidance of unnecessary repeat lab and diagnostic testing...
- Explanatory digital video disc with patients undergoing diagnostic cardiac catheterizationSabrina Koehler Torrano
Instituto de Cardiologia, Fundação Universitária de Cardiologia, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Rev Lat Am Enfermagem 19:888-93. 2011..6 ± 17.1) compared to the CG (31.6 ± 18.8), P=.000. The results demonstrated the efficacy of the presentation of a guidance video for patients undergoing a hemodynamic procedure...
- Propagation of tonic posturing in supplementary motor area (SMA) seizuresShinji Ohara
Human Brain Research Center, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Shogoin, Sakyo, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Epilepsy Res 62:179-87. 2004..The sequential propagation of tonic posturing may represent the somatotopic organization within the SMA proper...
- Effect of a DVD intervention on therapists' mental health practices with older adultsCathy Lysack
Gerontology and Occupational Therapy, Institute of Gerontology, Wayne State University, Room 231, Knapp Building, 87 East Ferry Street, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Am J Occup Ther 65:297-305. 2011..We tested the effectiveness of an educational intervention in DVD format aimed at strengthening the mental health practices of occupational therapists working with older adults...
- Examining parents' behaviors and supervision of their children in the presence of an unfamiliar dog: does The Blue Dog intervention improve parent practices?Barbara A Morrongiello
University of Guelph, Canada
Accid Anal Prev 54:108-13. 2013..Young children are at particular risk for dog bite injuries. This study examined parents' supervision of and reactions to their children in the vicinity of an unfamiliar dog...
- Dysphagia in Lewy body dementia - a clinical observational study of swallowing function by videofluoroscopic examinationElisabet Londos
Clinical Memory Research Unit, Dept of Clinical Sciences Malmö, Lund University, Sweden
BMC Neurol 13:140. 2013..The aim of this study was therefore to investigate the prevalence, and define the actual swallowing dysfunction according to a videofluoroscopic swallowing examination (VFSE) in patients with DLB and PDD...
- Tailored DVDs: a novel strategy for educating racially and ethnically diverse older adults about their medicinesKate L Lapane
Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, United States
Int J Med Inform 81:852-60. 2012....
- Ethics of clear health communication: applying the CLEAN Look approach to communicate biobanking information for cancer researchAlexis Koskan
Department of Health Outcomes and Behavior, Moffitt Cancer Center, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:58-66. 2012....
- A DVD program on fall prevention skills training for cancer family caregiversPatricia Potter
Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, MO, USA
J Cancer Educ 27:83-90. 2012..Educators must develop programs for preparing family caregivers to perform nursing skills within the home...
- Evaluation and development of a novel binocular treatment (I-BiT™) system using video clips and interactive games to improve vision in children with amblyopia ('lazy eye'): study protocol for a randomised controlled trialAlexander J Foss
Human Factors Research Group, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
Trials 14:145. 2013..The system is therefore now being examined in a randomised clinical trial...
- Process outcomes from a randomized controlled trial comparing tailored mammography interventions delivered via telephone vs. DVDCelette Sugg Skinner
Department of Clinical Sciences, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9066, USA
Patient Educ Couns 85:308-12. 2011..Tailored, interactive mammography-promotion interventions can increase adherence if women are exposed to and find them usable. We compare exposure to and usability of interventions delivered via telephone vs. DVD...
- Developing theory-informed behaviour change interventions to implement evidence into practice: a systematic approach using the Theoretical Domains FrameworkSimon D French
School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Level 6, The Alfred Centre, 99 Commercial Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
Implement Sci 7:38. 2012..This article is one in a Series of articles documenting the development and use of the Theoretical Domains Framework (TDF) to advance the science of implementation research...
- Digital video recording in the inpatient setting: a tool for improving care experiences and efficiency while decreasing waste and costAnthony M DiGioia
The Bone and Joint Center at Magee Women s Hospital of UPMC, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 21:269-77. 2012..The use of digital video recording eliminated the impracticality of real-time observation in the inpatient setting and should be considered as a tool for helping to achieve necessary transformation in care delivery...
- Examining the orthopaedic examiners: reliability of the Part 2 Orthopaedic Clinical Fellowship Examination in AustraliaPeter Cundy
Specialty Court of Orthopaedic Surgery, Court of Examiners, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Australia
ANZ J Surg 82:607-11. 2012..The Final Examination for Orthopaedic Surgeons in Australia comprises seven components of which two are written responses and five are oral examinations involving separate pairs of examiners...
- Application of microscope integrated indocyanine green video-angiography during microneurosurgical treatment of intracranial aneurysms: a reviewReza Dashti
Department of Neurosurgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, 00260, Finland
Acta Neurochir Suppl 107:107-9. 2010..In this article, a review of the literature and our experience with ICG-VA during microneurosurgery of intracranial aneurysms is presented...
- Effectiveness of an instructional DVD on third- and fourth-degree laceration repair for obstetrics and gynecology postgraduate traineesTamara T Chao
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dallas, Texas 75390 9032, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 109:16-9. 2010..To assess the effectiveness of an instructional DVD on the anatomy and repair of anal sphincter lacerations to improve postgraduate trainees' understanding...
- Transition of a dental histology course from light to virtual microscopyFrank J Weaker
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, Dental School, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
J Dent Educ 73:1213-21. 2009..As a result of the surveys, light microscopes have been totally eliminated, and microscope exams have been replaced with project slide examinations. In the future, we plan to expand our virtual slides and incorporate computer testing...
- Mechanisms and feasibility of prey capture in ambush-feeding zooplanktonThomas Kiørboe
National Institute for Aquatic Resources, Technical University of Denmark, Kavalergården 6, DK 2920 Charlottenlund, Denmark
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:12394-9. 2009..The special requirements to ambush feeders with such attacks may explain why this strategy has evolved to perfection only a few times among planktonic suspension feeders (few copepod families and chaetognaths)...
- Juveniles' knowledge of the court process: results from instruction from an electronic sourceChristine Driver
University of Nebraska, Department of Psychology, Law Psychology Program, PO Box 880308, Lincoln, NE 68588 3328, USA
Behav Sci Law 27:627-42. 2009..Age and race were found to be significantly related to pretest scores, and race was significantly related to improvement scores...
- A randomized trial comparing digital video disc with written delivery of falls prevention education for older patients in hospitalAnne Marie Hill
School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:1458-63. 2009..To compare the effect of receiving either education approach versus no education on patients' perception of falls epidemiology...
- Everybody loves me: self-evaluations and metaperceptions of dating popularityGregory S Preuss
Department of Psychology, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 35:937-50. 2009..Despite the presence of an external reality check, participants in all three studies evinced strong self-enhancement tendencies as measured in self-rankings and metaperception judgments that exceeded those provided by observers...
- Population of follicles and luteal structures during the oestrous cycle of mares detected by three-dimensional internal structure microscopyY Hirano
Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, The United Graduate School of Veterinary Sciences, Gifu University, Gifu, Japan
Anat Histol Embryol 38:214-8. 2009..The findings by 3D-ISM provide basic information for clinical applications...
- Can an educational DVD improve the acceptability of elective single embryo transfer? A randomized controlled studyNicole Hope
Monash IVF, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Fertil Steril 94:489-95. 2010..To assess whether provision of an educational DVD was more effective in increasing the uptake of elective single embryo transfers (eSET) than an educational brochure in an IVF population...
- Can DVD simulations provide an effective alternative for paramedic clinical placement education?B Williams
Department of Community Emergency Health and Paramedic Practice, School of Primary Health Care, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
Emerg Med J 26:377-81. 2009..The clinical DVD simulations were underpinned by interprofessional educational principles that supported clinical placements for paramedic students...
- Effectiveness of a video-based exercise programme to reduce falls and improve health-related quality of life among older adults discharged from hospital: a pilot randomized controlled trialTerry P Haines
Physiotherapy Department, Allied Health Research Unit, Southern Physiotherapy School, Monash University, Cnr Warrigal and Kingston Roads, Cheltenham, Victoria 3192, Australia
Clin Rehabil 23:973-85. 2009..A low-cost video based exercise programme may address this...
- Development of a formative assessment tool for measurement of performance in multi-professional resuscitation teamsPeter Oluf Andersen
Danish Institute for Medical Simulation, Herlev Hospital, Capital Region of Denmark, Denmark
Resuscitation 81:703-11. 2010....
- An observation-based intervention for stroke rehabilitation: experiences of eight individuals affected by strokeLouise M Ewan
Section of Psychological Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Disabil Rehabil 32:2097-106. 2010..To explore eight individuals' experiences and responses to taking part in a personalised observation-based intervention for stroke rehabilitation...
- Comparison of instructor-led automated external defibrillation training and three alternative DVD-based training methodsWiebe de Vries
Department of Education and Development Doczero, Rondweg 29, NL 5406 NK Uden, The Netherlands
Resuscitation 81:1004-9. 2010..Self-directed BLS-training, using a personal training manikin with video has been shown to be as effective as instructor-led training. This has not previously been investigated for AED-training...
- Videoendoscopic measurement of food bolus formation for quantitative evaluation of masticatory functionRisako Abe
Division of Removable Prosthodontics, Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Iwate Medical University, 1 3 27 Chuodori, Morioka, Iwate 020 8505, Japan
J Prosthodont Res 55:171-8. 2011..The present study aimed to quantitatively evaluate masticatory functions during a series of masticatory and swallowing movements by using videoendoscopy...
- Culturally appropriate storytelling to improve blood pressure: a randomized trialThomas K Houston
Bedford Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Massachusetts, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:77-84. 2011..Storytelling is emerging as a powerful tool for health promotion in vulnerable populations. However, these interventions remain largely untested in rigorous studies...
- Policies and procedures for reviewing medical images from portable media: survey of radiology departmentsVivek Kalia
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 8:39-48. 2011..The purpose of this study was to survey current practices for portable media (CDs and DVDs) use for medical imaging in both academic and nonacademic radiology departments in the United States...
- Training in placement of the left-sided double-lumen tube among non-thoracic anaesthesiologists: intubation model simulator versus computer-based digital video disc, a randomised controlled trialJavier H Campos
Department of Anesthesia, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1079, USA
Eur J Anaesthesiol 28:169-74. 2011..To compare the effectiveness of training with an airway model simulator versus digital video disc (DVD)-based instruction in placement of double-lumen endotracheal (DLT) tubes by anaesthesiologists with limited thoracic experience...
- E-learning used in a training course on atraumatic restorative treatment (ART) for Brazilian dentistsLucila Basto Camargo
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculdade de Odontologia da Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
J Dent Educ 75:1396-401. 2011..010). In conclusion, e-learning has the potential of improving the knowledge that dentists working in the public health system have about ART, especially those with less clinical experience and less knowledge about the subject...
- Descriptive analysis of YouTube music therapy videosLori F Gooding
University of Kentucky, USA
J Music Ther 48:357-69. 2011....
- Intraoperative indocyanine green videoangiography for spinal vascular lesions: case reportTomohiro Murakami
Department of Neurosurgery, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Neurosurgery 68:241-5; discussion 245. 2011..We present our experience with intraoperative ICG videoangiography in 3 cases of spinal vascular lesions...
- A novel approach to diabetes prevention: evaluation of the Group Lifestyle Balance program delivered via DVDM Kaye Kramer
University of Pittsburgh, Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 90:e60-3. 2010..Results suggest that GLB-DVD with remote support may provide an effective alternative for GLB delivery...
- Do babies learn from baby media?Judy S DeLoache
Department of Psychology, University of Virginia, P O Box 400400, Charlottesville, VA 22904, USA
Psychol Sci 21:1570-4. 2010..We conclude that infants learn relatively little from infant media and that their parents sometimes overestimate what they do learn...
- Marketing of rural and remote pharmacy practice via the digital mediumG M Peterson
Unit for Medication Outcomes Research and Education, School of Pharmacy, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Australia
J Clin Pharm Ther 35:409-14. 2010..This DVD will complement current rural practical placements, which have been incorporated into the curriculum of Australian schools of pharmacy...
- Description of a media campaign about alcohol use during pregnancyJohn B Lowe
School of Health and Sport Sciences, Faculty of Science, Health and Education, University of the Sunshine Coast, Maroochydore DC, Queensland, 4558, Australia
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 71:739-41. 2010..This study describes the development and testing of a multicomponent media campaign aimed at increasing discussions of alcohol use during pregnancy...
- Effects of the use of theoretical versus theoretical-practical training on CPRHeberth César Miotto
Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brasil
Arq Bras Cardiol 95:328-31. 2010..Theoretical knowledge and skill to perform good quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) are essential for the survival of patients with sudden death...
- Canal versus cysts of the penile median raphe: advancing diagnostic methods using videodermatoscopyFrancesco Lacarrubba
Dermatology Clinic, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Pediatr Dermatol 27:667-9. 2010..Videodermatoscopy is a noninvasive technique that may be helpful in the differentiation between cysts and canals of the median raphe of the penis, thus helping to establish the most appropriate therapeutic approach...
- Arteriovenous micromalformation of the trigeminal root: intraoperative diagnosis with indocyanine green videoangiography: case reportPaolo Ferroli
Department of Neurosurgery, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Neurologico C Besta, Milan, Italy
Neurosurgery 67:onsE309-10; discussion onsE310. 2010..To report on a single case of arteriovenous micromalformation (micro-AVM) of the trigeminal root that was diagnosed during microvascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia with the use of indocyanine green (ICG) videoangiography...
- Media and young children's learningHeather L Kirkorian
University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA
Future Child 18:39-61. 2008....
- Botulinum toxin therapy for abductor spasmodic dysphoniaGayle Woodson
Division of Otolaryngology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, St Johns SIU Voice Center, Springfield, Illinois 62794 9662, USA
J Voice 20:137-43. 2006..Asymmetric botulinum toxin injection into PCA muscles can suppress abductor spasm in patients with ABSD, but breathiness may persist, because of inadequate glottal closure...
- The impact of thin models in music videos on adolescent girls' body dissatisfactionBeth T Bell
University of Leeds, UK
Body Image 4:137-45. 2007..Self-esteem was not found to be a significant moderator of this relationship. Implications and future research are discussed...
- An investigation of a video-based patient repositioning techniqueYulong Yan
Radiation Oncology Department, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5304, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 54:606-14. 2002..We investigated the feasibility of the clinical application of this system by quantitative evaluation of performance characteristics of the methodology...
- Feasibility of using a video-based motion analysis system for measuring thumb kinematicsLi Chieh Kuo
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
J Biomech 35:1499-506. 2002..The differences between the two methods were also within clinically allowable range of +/-5 degrees. It is concluded that the application of the video-based motion analysis system with surface markers to thumb kinematics is warranted...
- Portable MP3 players: innovative devices for recording qualitative interviewsRitin S Fernandez
South Western Sydney Centre for Applied Nursing Research, Australia
Nurse Res 15:7-15. 2007..Ritin Fernandez and Rhonda Griffiths examine a technological resource that pervades modern social life and which can be used effectively for digitally recording interviews for qualitative research...
- Reach and effectiveness of DVD and in-person diabetes self-management educationRussell E Glasgow
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, PO Box 378066, Denver, Colorado 80237 8066, USA
Chronic Illn 5:243-9. 2009..To evaluate the reach and effectiveness of a diabetes self-management DVD compared to classroom-based instruction...
- A question of choiceAlison Wall
Community Pract 80:37. 2007
- Preparing patients for threatening medical treatments: effects of a chemotherapy educational DVD on anxiety, unmet needs, and self-efficacyPenelope Schofield
Supportive Care Research Group, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag 1, A Beckett Street, Melbourne, Victoria 8006, Australia
Support Care Cancer 16:37-45. 2008..It was further hypothesized that these effects would be stronger in those perceiving their treatment intent to be curative rather than palliative...
- Analysis of simulated angiographic procedures. Part 2: extracting efficiency data from audio and video recordingsJames R Duncan
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 510 S Kingshighway Blvd, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:535-44. 2007..To create and test methods of extracting efficiency data from recordings of simulated renal stent procedures...
- The effect of a skiing/snowboarding safety video on the increase of safety knowledge in Canadian youths--a pilot studyJonathan Michael Josse
St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Circumpolar Health 65:385-8. 2006
- Tackling children's road safety through edutainment: an evaluation of effectivenessM S Zeedyk
Department of Psychology, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 4HN, UK
Health Educ Res 18:493-505. 2003..Crucially, however, parents strongly believed that it had. The discussion explores the implications of such a mismatch and highlights similarities with outcomes of other health education interventions...
- Teaching therapeutic communication VIA camera cues and clues: the video inter-active (VIA) methodMary Ann Kluge
Beth El College of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80933 7150, USA
J Nurs Educ 45:463-8. 2006..In a relatively short period (5 weeks), their learning from this method far..
- Postictal laughter following absence status epilepticusLaura S Boylan
Department of Neurology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Epilepsy Behav 4:773-5. 2003..We propose that diffuse cortical inhibition led to release of subcortical structures involved in emotional expression. Possible neural substrates of laughter are discussed...
- Optical technology: making the simulator portableM J Ackerman
Educational Technology Branch, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, Maryland
J Biocommun 19:22-4. 1992..The formats differ in the amount of information they can accommodate and their practical use in the health professions curriculum...
- Development of activity monitoring for determining load carriage patterns in school studentsHamish W Mackie
School of Sport, Unitech New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand
Work 22:231-7. 2004..These preliminary results suggest that activity monitoring may enable valid analysis of the temporal patterns of backpacking with little disruption to the user, although more work is required to verify this...
- An easy-to-use intraoperative digital videography, still photography, and X-ray-capture systemNicola Di Lorenzo
Neurosurgery 55:258-9; author reply 259-60. 2004
- Re: Anatomical radical retropubic prostatectomy: detailed description of the surgical techniqueP C Walsh
J Urol 173:324. 2005
- Object recognition analysis in mice using nose-point digital video trackingT S Benice
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Neurosci Methods 168:422-30. 2008..Video tracking with nose-point detection generates useful analyses of rodent object recognition task performance and possibly for other behavioral tests...
- An audiovisual information resource to assist in the transition from completion of potentially curative treatment for cancer through to survivorship: a systematic development processA Karahalios
Supportive Care Research Group, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag 1, A Beckett Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 8006, Australia
J Cancer Surviv 1:226-36. 2007..There are few information resources for people at this juncture. An evidence-based DVD was developed for individuals at this stage with information about experiences encountered as a cancer survivor (CS)...
- Observation of meaningful activities: a case study of a personalized intervention on poststroke functional stateHilary Chatterton
Research Institute for Health and Social Change, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester, UK
J Neurol Phys Ther 32:97-102. 2008..This case study aimed to investigate the effect of an individualized program of observation for functional status after stroke...
- Advances in pediatric gastroenterology: introducing video camera capsule endoscopyEmmanuel O Siaw
UAMS, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, USA
J Ark Med Soc 102:271-3. 2006..The instrument is used with minimal risk to the patient while offering a high degree of accuracy in diagnosing small intestine disorders...
- Beta- and gamma-frequency coupling between olfactory and motor brain regions prior to skilled, olfactory-driven reachingRaymond Hermer-Vazquez
Behavioral Neuroscience Program, Department of Psychology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Exp Brain Res 180:217-35. 2007..These results indicate that transient, multispectral coherence across cortical and subcortical brain sites is part of the coordination process prior to sensory-guided movement initiation...
- The Economics of Mental Health DispartiesFrederick Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, the last 18 months of the grant will be devoted to developing a new research protocol on the role of time preference (i.e., impatience or delay of gratification) in determining patient demand for mental health services. ..
- Facilitating Risk-Appropriate Colorectal Cancer TestingCelette Sugg Skinner; Fiscal Year: 2010..If found effective, it should be highly disseminable, with great potential for improving colorectal cancer outcomes in the population at large. ..
- Genetics of Anorexia NervosaManfred Fichter; Fiscal Year: 2005..The diagnostic and genetic data and lymphoblastoid cell lines (derived from blood samples) will become part of a national archival resource for genetic studies of AN through the NIMH Genetics Initiative. ..
- Excerise, Aging, and Psychological FunctionEdward McAuley; Fiscal Year: 2003..As such, the proposed study represents a unique attempt to further understand the role played by physical activity in the psychological health of older Americans. ..
- Partnerships to Eliminate Disparities in Cancer Outcome*Celette Skinner; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Internet Based Patient-Centered Asthma Management SystemDimitri Christakis; Fiscal Year: 2009..Children in AsthmaNet families will be more likely to report using written care plans. Aim 4: to decrease the number of symptom days for children with asthma H4. Children in AsthmaNet families will experience fewer symptom days. ..
- Delivering Effective Primary Care to Older AdultsElizabeth Phelan; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Dental Tobacco Control Net Improving PracticeThomas Houston; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Community Living After Spinal Cord InjuryCatherine Lysack; Fiscal Year: 2006..Findings will be directly relevant for advancing basic scientific knowledge, and after further studies, may assist clinicians, program staff, and persons with disabilities and their families. ..
- Parent Initiated Prevention ProgramDimitri Christakis; Fiscal Year: 2005..3) To improve parental perceptions of the quality of care provided.H3: Compared to controls, PIPP parents will report higher scores on selected Consumer Assessment of Health Plans (CAHPS) items. ..
- CASA PIA STUDY OF DENTAL AMALGAMS IN CHILDRENTimothy Derouen; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Genetics of Drosophila MAGUK'sPeter Bryant; Fiscal Year: 2005..The work will provide a genetic approach to understanding the functions of Dlg and its mammalian homologs, some of which are strongly implicated in a variety of human cancers. ..
- SPECTRAL CONFOCAL MICROSCOPEPeter Bryant; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..