Summary: The storing of visual and usually sound signals on discs for later reproduction on a television screen or monitor.
Publications113 found, 100 shown here
- Demonstration of nasogastric intubation using video compact disc as an adjunct to the teaching processesPaiboon Sookpotarom
Department of Surgery, Buddhachinaraj Hospital, Phitsanulok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 90:468-72. 2007..An in-house produced video compact disc (VCD) demonstrating nasogastric intubation was introduced to the medical curriculum at Buddhachinaraj Hospital, Clinical Teaching Centre, Phitsanulok in 2005...
- Randomized controlled trial of an instructional DVD for clinical skills teachingJoon C Lee
Department of Emergency Medicine, Lyell McEwin Health Service, Elizabethvale, South Australia, Australia
Emerg Med Australas 19:241-5. 2007..The clinical skill selected for the study was that of paediatric intraosseous (IO) needle insertion...
- Effectiveness of video-based patient information before percutaneous cardiac interventionsGiuseppe Steffenino
Struttura Semplice di Emodinamica, Dipartimento Cardiovascolare, Azienda Ospedaliera S Croce e Carle, Cuneo, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 8:348-53. 2007..A video-based presentation was conducted to improve patient information in our centre. The effectiveness of this new instrument, in addition to the standard information sheet, was assessed...
- Propagation of tonic posturing in supplementary motor area (SMA) seizuresShinji Ohara
Human Brain Research Center, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Shogoin, Sakyo, Kyoto 606-8507, Japan
Epilepsy Res 62:179-87. 2004..The sequential propagation of tonic posturing may represent the somatotopic organization within the SMA proper...
- Differentiating between benign and less benign: epilepsy surgery in symptomatic frontal lobe epilepsy associated with benign focal epileptiform discharges of childhoodDirk Matthias Altenmüller
Epilepsy Center, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Child Neurol 22:456-61. 2007..In symptomatic frontal lobe epilepsy, epilepsy surgery may yield an excellent outcome despite the presence of concurrent benign focal epileptiform discharges of childhood...
- Estimation of the longitudinal axis of line symmetrical soft bodies by stereophotogrammetryJurriaan H de Groot
Evolutionary Morphology Group, Institute of Evolutionary and Ecological Sciences, Leiden University, Kaiserstraat 63, 2311 GP, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Biomech 35:823-7. 2002..The result is an optimally estimated finite spatial curve defined by the polynomial parameters. The method is applicable for all line symmetrical organs or segments...
- The effect of intra-operative video on patient anxietyA K Y Man
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care and Operating Service, Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Hospital, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong
Anaesthesia 58:64-8. 2003..5 (70 to 60) mm]. Watching video intra-operatively reduces patient anxiety as measured by the STAI...
- Asymmetric localization of LGN but not AGS3, two homologs of Drosophila pins, in dividing human neural progenitor cellsTannin J Fuja
Developmental Biology Center, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Neurosci Res 75:782-93. 2004..The results suggest that hNPCs undergo ACD and that similar molecular pathways may underlie these divisions in Drosophila and human cells...
- Television and DVD/video viewing in children younger than 2 yearsFrederick J Zimmerman
Child Health Institute, and Department of Health Services, University of Washington, and the Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle 98115, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:473-9. 2007..To determine the television-, DVD-, and video-viewing habits of children younger than 2 years...
- Associations between media viewing and language development in children under age 2 yearsFrederick J Zimmerman
Child Health Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98115, USA
J Pediatr 151:364-8. 2007..To test the association of media exposure with language development in children under age 2 years...
- What effect does isoflurane have upon ciliary beat pattern: an in vivo studyA Robertson
ENT Department, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, UK
Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci 29:157-60. 2004..We found that ciliary beat frequency decreased significantly (P < 0.01) after exposure to isoflurane (10.24 Hz compared to 9.20 Hz). However, isoflurane did not alter the ciliary beat pattern or the proportion of immotile cilia...
- Rotational stability of toric soft contact lenses during natural viewing conditionsGeorge A Zikos
Manhattan Vision Associates Institute for Vision Research, New York, New York, USA
Optom Vis Sci 84:1039-45. 2007..To compare objectively the rotational stability of two differently designed toric soft contact lenses over a range of natural viewing conditions using a novel infrared, video-based technique...
- Pacemaker troubleshooting: improved efficacy using a new diagnostic digital Holter recording systemJ P Moak
Department of Cardiology, Children s National Medical Centre, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Europace 4:55-9. 2002..This new recording system has the advantage of significantly improving diagnostic sensitivity and resulting in cost savings...
- Learning through laughterAlicia Priest
Nurs BC 39:8-11. 2007
- Video physiotherapy for hand surgerySaiidy Hasham
Plast Reconstr Surg 114:1351-2. 2004
- Podcasting in nursingPatricia R McCartney
School of Nursing, The State University of New York, University at Buffalo, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 31:270. 2006
- Can an educational DVD improve the acceptability of elective single embryo transfer? A randomized controlled studyNicole Hope
Monash IVF, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Fertil Steril 94:489-95. 2010..To assess whether provision of an educational DVD was more effective in increasing the uptake of elective single embryo transfers (eSET) than an educational brochure in an IVF population...
- Can DVD simulations provide an effective alternative for paramedic clinical placement education?B Williams
Department of Community Emergency Health and Paramedic Practice, School of Primary Health Care, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
Emerg Med J 26:377-81. 2009..Qualitative data assessing if and how the DVD simulations had influenced paramedic students' clinical placement learning experiences were also collected via two focus groups (n = 6)...
- The complexity of fetal imaging: reconciling clinical care with patient entertainmentSara Ellis Simonsen
University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:1351-4. 2008....
- Population of follicles and luteal structures during the oestrous cycle of mares detected by three-dimensional internal structure microscopyY Hirano
Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, The United Graduate School of Veterinary Sciences, Gifu University, Gifu, Japan
Anat Histol Embryol 38:214-8. 2009..The findings by 3D-ISM provide basic information for clinical applications...
- An evaluation of a DVD trigger based assessment of communication and care delivery skillsPaul Crawford
School of Nursing, The University of Nottingham, Derby Education Centre, Derbyshire Royal Infirmary, Derby DE1 2QY, United Kingdom
Nurse Educ Today 29:456-63. 2009....
- Everybody loves me: self-evaluations and metaperceptions of dating popularityGregory S Preuss
Department of Psychology, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 35:937-50. 2009..Despite the presence of an external reality check, participants in all three studies evinced strong self-enhancement tendencies as measured in self-rankings and metaperception judgments that exceeded those provided by observers...
- High definition in minimally invasive surgery: a review of methods for recording, editing, and distributing videoChristopher R Kelly
College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, USA
Surg Innov 15:188-93. 2008..This article discusses the essential technical concepts of high-definition video, reviews the different kinds of equipment and methods most often used for recording, and describes several options for video distribution...
- Object recognition analysis in mice using nose-point digital video trackingT S Benice
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Neurosci Methods 168:422-30. 2008..Video tracking with nose-point detection generates useful analyses of rodent object recognition task performance and possibly for other behavioral tests...
- The human genome: Mutating from science fiction to realityWarren R Heymann
J Am Acad Dermatol 58:168-9. 2008..Commentaries from Dialogues Editor-in-Chief Warren R. Heymann, MD, are provided after each discussion as a topic summary and are provided here as a special service to readers of the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology...
- Portable MP3 players: innovative devices for recording qualitative interviewsRitin S Fernandez
South Western Sydney Centre for Applied Nursing Research, Australia
Nurse Res 15:7-15. 2007..Ritin Fernandez and Rhonda Griffiths examine a technological resource that pervades modern social life and which can be used effectively for digitally recording interviews for qualitative research...
- Preparing practicing dentists to engage in practice-based researchTimothy A DeRouen
Department of Dental Public Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7480, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 139:339-45. 2008....
- An audiovisual information resource to assist in the transition from completion of potentially curative treatment for cancer through to survivorship: a systematic development processA Karahalios
Supportive Care Research Group, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag 1, A Beckett Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 8006, Australia
J Cancer Surviv 1:226-36. 2007..There are few information resources for people at this juncture. An evidence-based DVD was developed for individuals at this stage with information about experiences encountered as a cancer survivor (CS)...
- Latest technologic and surgical developments in using InterStim Therapy for sacral neuromodulation: impact on treatment success and safetyMichele Spinelli
Unità Spinale Unipolare, Azienda Ospedale Niguarda Cà Granda, Milan, Italy
Eur Urol 54:1287-96. 2008..The article describes the technical and surgical developments of SNM and their impact on treatment success, safety, and patient's quality of life (QoL)...
- Observation of meaningful activities: a case study of a personalized intervention on poststroke functional stateHilary Chatterton
Research Institute for Health and Social Change, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester, UK
J Neurol Phys Ther 32:97-102. 2008..This case study aimed to investigate the effect of an individualized program of observation for functional status after stroke...
- The impact of thin models in music videos on adolescent girls' body dissatisfactionBeth T Bell
University of Leeds, UK
Body Image 4:137-45. 2007..Self-esteem was not found to be a significant moderator of this relationship. Implications and future research are discussed...
- A randomized trial comparing digital video disc with written delivery of falls prevention education for older patients in hospitalAnne Marie Hill
School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:1458-63. 2009..To compare the effect of receiving either education approach versus no education on patients' perception of falls epidemiology...
- Juveniles' knowledge of the court process: results from instruction from an electronic sourceChristine Driver
University of Nebraska, Department of Psychology, Law Psychology Program, PO Box 880308, Lincoln, NE 68588 3328, USA
Behav Sci Law 27:627-42. 2009..Age and race were found to be significantly related to pretest scores, and race was significantly related to improvement scores...
- Mechanisms and feasibility of prey capture in ambush-feeding zooplanktonThomas Kiørboe
National Institute for Aquatic Resources, Technical University of Denmark, Kavalergården 6, DK 2920 Charlottenlund, Denmark
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:12394-9. 2009..The special requirements to ambush feeders with such attacks may explain why this strategy has evolved to perfection only a few times among planktonic suspension feeders (few copepod families and chaetognaths)...
- Do babies learn from baby media?Judy S DeLoache
Department of Psychology, University of Virginia, P O Box 400400, Charlottesville, VA 22904, USA
Psychol Sci 21:1570-4. 2010..We conclude that infants learn relatively little from infant media and that their parents sometimes overestimate what they do learn...
- A novel approach to diabetes prevention: evaluation of the Group Lifestyle Balance program delivered via DVDM Kaye Kramer
University of Pittsburgh, Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 90:e60-3. 2010..Results suggest that GLB-DVD with remote support may provide an effective alternative for GLB delivery...
- Training in placement of the left-sided double-lumen tube among non-thoracic anaesthesiologists: intubation model simulator versus computer-based digital video disc, a randomised controlled trialJavier H Campos
Department of Anesthesia, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1079, USA
Eur J Anaesthesiol 28:169-74. 2011..To compare the effectiveness of training with an airway model simulator versus digital video disc (DVD)-based instruction in placement of double-lumen endotracheal (DLT) tubes by anaesthesiologists with limited thoracic experience...
- Intraoperative indocyanine green videoangiography for spinal vascular lesions: case reportTomohiro Murakami
Department of Neurosurgery, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Neurosurgery 68:241-5; discussion 245. 2011..We present our experience with intraoperative ICG videoangiography in 3 cases of spinal vascular lesions...
- Policies and procedures for reviewing medical images from portable media: survey of radiology departmentsVivek Kalia
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 8:39-48. 2011..The purpose of this study was to survey current practices for portable media (CDs and DVDs) use for medical imaging in both academic and nonacademic radiology departments in the United States...
- Culturally appropriate storytelling to improve blood pressure: a randomized trialThomas K Houston
Bedford Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Massachusetts, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:77-84. 2011..Storytelling is emerging as a powerful tool for health promotion in vulnerable populations. However, these interventions remain largely untested in rigorous studies...
- Videoendoscopic measurement of food bolus formation for quantitative evaluation of masticatory functionRisako Abe
Division of Removable Prosthodontics, Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Iwate Medical University, 1 3 27 Chuodori, Morioka, Iwate 020 8505, Japan
J Prosthodont Res 55:171-8. 2011..The present study aimed to quantitatively evaluate masticatory functions during a series of masticatory and swallowing movements by using videoendoscopy...
- Media and young children's learningHeather L Kirkorian
University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA
Future Child 18:39-61. 2008....
- Canal versus cysts of the penile median raphe: advancing diagnostic methods using videodermatoscopyFrancesco Lacarrubba
Dermatology Clinic, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Pediatr Dermatol 27:667-9. 2010..Videodermatoscopy is a noninvasive technique that may be helpful in the differentiation between cysts and canals of the median raphe of the penis, thus helping to establish the most appropriate therapeutic approach...
- E-learning used in a training course on atraumatic restorative treatment (ART) for Brazilian dentistsLucila Basto Camargo
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculdade de Odontologia da Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
J Dent Educ 75:1396-401. 2011..010). In conclusion, e-learning has the potential of improving the knowledge that dentists working in the public health system have about ART, especially those with less clinical experience and less knowledge about the subject...
- Marketing of rural and remote pharmacy practice via the digital mediumG M Peterson
Unit for Medication Outcomes Research and Education, School of Pharmacy, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Australia
J Clin Pharm Ther 35:409-14. 2010..This DVD will complement current rural practical placements, which have been incorporated into the curriculum of Australian schools of pharmacy...
- Description of a media campaign about alcohol use during pregnancyJohn B Lowe
School of Health and Sport Sciences, Faculty of Science, Health and Education, University of the Sunshine Coast, Maroochydore DC, Queensland, 4558, Australia
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 71:739-41. 2010..This study describes the development and testing of a multicomponent media campaign aimed at increasing discussions of alcohol use during pregnancy...
- Effectiveness of a video-based exercise programme to reduce falls and improve health-related quality of life among older adults discharged from hospital: a pilot randomized controlled trialTerry P Haines
Physiotherapy Department, Allied Health Research Unit, Southern Physiotherapy School, Monash University, Cnr Warrigal and Kingston Roads, Cheltenham, Victoria 3192, Australia
Clin Rehabil 23:973-85. 2009..A low-cost video based exercise programme may address this...
- Transition of a dental histology course from light to virtual microscopyFrank J Weaker
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, Dental School, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
J Dent Educ 73:1213-21. 2009..As a result of the surveys, light microscopes have been totally eliminated, and microscope exams have been replaced with project slide examinations. In the future, we plan to expand our virtual slides and incorporate computer testing...
- Reach and effectiveness of DVD and in-person diabetes self-management educationRussell E Glasgow
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, PO Box 378066, Denver, Colorado 80237 8066, USA
Chronic Illn 5:243-9. 2009..To evaluate the reach and effectiveness of a diabetes self-management DVD compared to classroom-based instruction...
- Application of microscope integrated indocyanine green video-angiography during microneurosurgical treatment of intracranial aneurysms: a reviewReza Dashti
Department of Neurosurgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, 00260, Finland
Acta Neurochir Suppl 107:107-9. 2010..In this article, a review of the literature and our experience with ICG-VA during microneurosurgery of intracranial aneurysms is presented...
- Effectiveness of an instructional DVD on third- and fourth-degree laceration repair for obstetrics and gynecology postgraduate traineesTamara T Chao
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dallas, Texas 75390 9032, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 109:16-9. 2010..To assess the effectiveness of an instructional DVD on the anatomy and repair of anal sphincter lacerations to improve postgraduate trainees' understanding...
- Development of a formative assessment tool for measurement of performance in multi-professional resuscitation teamsPeter Oluf Andersen
Danish Institute for Medical Simulation, Herlev Hospital, Capital Region of Denmark, Denmark
Resuscitation 81:703-11. 2010....
- An observation-based intervention for stroke rehabilitation: experiences of eight individuals affected by strokeLouise M Ewan
Section of Psychological Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Disabil Rehabil 32:2097-106. 2010..To explore eight individuals' experiences and responses to taking part in a personalised observation-based intervention for stroke rehabilitation...
- Comparison of instructor-led automated external defibrillation training and three alternative DVD-based training methodsWiebe de Vries
Department of Education and Development Doczero, Rondweg 29, NL 5406 NK Uden, The Netherlands
Resuscitation 81:1004-9. 2010..Self-directed BLS-training, using a personal training manikin with video has been shown to be as effective as instructor-led training. This has not previously been investigated for AED-training...
- Arteriovenous micromalformation of the trigeminal root: intraoperative diagnosis with indocyanine green videoangiography: case reportPaolo Ferroli
Department of Neurosurgery, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Neurologico C Besta, Milan, Italy
Neurosurgery 67:onsE309-10; discussion onsE310. 2010..To report on a single case of arteriovenous micromalformation (micro-AVM) of the trigeminal root that was diagnosed during microvascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia with the use of indocyanine green (ICG) videoangiography...
- Effects of the use of theoretical versus theoretical-practical training on CPRHeberth César Miotto
Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brasil
Arq Bras Cardiol 95:328-31. 2010..Theoretical knowledge and skill to perform good quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) are essential for the survival of patients with sudden death...
- Descriptive analysis of YouTube music therapy videosLori F Gooding
University of Kentucky, USA
J Music Ther 48:357-69. 2011....
- Beta- and gamma-frequency coupling between olfactory and motor brain regions prior to skilled, olfactory-driven reachingRaymond Hermer-Vazquez
Behavioral Neuroscience Program, Department of Psychology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Exp Brain Res 180:217-35. 2007..These results indicate that transient, multispectral coherence across cortical and subcortical brain sites is part of the coordination process prior to sensory-guided movement initiation...
- Teaching therapeutic communication VIA camera cues and clues: the video inter-active (VIA) methodMary Ann Kluge
Beth El College of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80933 7150, USA
J Nurs Educ 45:463-8. 2006..In a relatively short period (5 weeks), their learning from this method far..
- Development of activity monitoring for determining load carriage patterns in school studentsHamish W Mackie
School of Sport, Unitech New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand
Work 22:231-7. 2004..These preliminary results suggest that activity monitoring may enable valid analysis of the temporal patterns of backpacking with little disruption to the user, although more work is required to verify this...
- An investigation of a video-based patient repositioning techniqueYulong Yan
Radiation Oncology Department, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305-5304, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 54:606-14. 2002..2 degrees. CONCLUSION: A personal computer-based video system is suitable for routine patient setup of fractionated conformal radiotherapy. It is expected to achieve high-precision repositioning of the skin surface with high efficiency...
- Feasibility of using a video-based motion analysis system for measuring thumb kinematicsLi-Chieh Kuo
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
J Biomech 35:1499-506. 2002..The differences between the two methods were also within clinically allowable range of +/-5 degrees. It is concluded that the application of the video-based motion analysis system with surface markers to thumb kinematics is warranted...
- Re: Anatomical radical retropubic prostatectomy: detailed description of the surgical techniqueP C Walsh
J Urol 173:324. 2005
- Advances in pediatric gastroenterology: introducing video camera capsule endoscopyEmmanuel O Siaw
UAMS, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, USA
J Ark Med Soc 102:271-3. 2006..The instrument is used with minimal risk to the patient while offering a high degree of accuracy in diagnosing small intestine disorders...
- Tackling children's road safety through edutainment: an evaluation of effectivenessM S Zeedyk
Department of Psychology, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 4HN, UK
Health Educ Res 18:493-505. 2003..Crucially, however, parents strongly believed that it had. The discussion explores the implications of such a mismatch and highlights similarities with outcomes of other health education interventions...
- Botulinum toxin therapy for abductor spasmodic dysphoniaGayle Woodson
Division of Otolaryngology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, St Johns SIU Voice Center, Springfield, Illinois 62794 9662, USA
J Voice 20:137-43. 2006..Asymmetric botulinum toxin injection into PCA muscles can suppress abductor spasm in patients with ABSD, but breathiness may persist, because of inadequate glottal closure...
- Postictal laughter following absence status epilepticusLaura S Boylan
Department of Neurology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Epilepsy Behav 4:773-5. 2003..We propose that diffuse cortical inhibition led to release of subcortical structures involved in emotional expression. Possible neural substrates of laughter are discussed...
- Optical technology: making the simulator portableM J Ackerman
Educational Technology Branch, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, Maryland
J Biocommun 19:22-4. 1992..The formats differ in the amount of information they can accommodate and their practical use in the health professions curriculum...
- An easy-to-use intraoperative digital videography, still photography, and X-ray-capture systemNicola Di Lorenzo
Neurosurgery 55:258-9; author reply 259-60. 2004
- [Effects of endothelin-1 on choroidal vessels--2. Study using indocyanine green videoangiography]H Nakagawa
Department of Ophthalmology, Okayama University Medical School, 2-5-1 Shikata-cho, Okayama 700-8558, Japan
Nippon Ganka Gakkai Zasshi 105:301-7. 2001..CONCLUSION: This study demonstrates that intravenous administration of ET-1 induces long-lasting constriction of choroidal arteries. This suggests that ET-1 may participate in the regulation of choroidal artery tone...
- Helping patients decide about back surgery: a randomized trial of an interactive video programE A Phelan
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:206-11;discussion 212. 2001..A randomized trial of 100 patients with low back pain who were potential surgical candidates...
- Is baby DVD research Mickey Mouse science?Daniel Cressey
Nature 448:848-9. 2007
- A question of choiceAlison Wall
Community Pract 80:37. 2007
- Preparing patients for threatening medical treatments: effects of a chemotherapy educational DVD on anxiety, unmet needs, and self-efficacyPenelope Schofield
Supportive Care Research Group, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag 1, A Beckett Street, Melbourne, Victoria 8006, Australia
Support Care Cancer 16:37-45. 2008..It was further hypothesized that these effects would be stronger in those perceiving their treatment intent to be curative rather than palliative...
- CD Plus: MEDLINE on CD-ROMF A Brahmi
Indiana University School of Medicine Library, Indianapolis 46202
Med Ref Serv Q 9:29-41. 1990..The system is designed for the novice as well as the professional searcher. The article takes a descriptive look at MEDLINE on CD Plus, its software, searching capabilities, limitations, special features, and system requirements...
- Analysis of simulated angiographic procedures. Part 2: extracting efficiency data from audio and video recordingsJames R Duncan
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 510 S Kingshighway Blvd, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:535-44. 2007..To create and test methods of extracting efficiency data from recordings of simulated renal stent procedures...
- The effect of a skiing/snowboarding safety video on the increase of safety knowledge in Canadian youths--a pilot studyJonathan Michael Josse
St. Michael's Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Circumpolar Health 65:385-8. 2006
- MEDLINE and PsycLIT on CD-ROM: a survey of users in an academic medical libraryN S King
Taubman Medical Library, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109
Med Ref Serv Q 9:43-58. 1990..Most searches were performed to obtain information on a subject. The results were remarkably similar for both databases...
- Exchanging digital video of laryngeal examinationsJohn M Crump
Kay Elemetrics Corporation, Lincoln Park, New Jersey 07035, USA
J Voice 18:13-23. 2004..If digital video is sent to a colleague, some guidance on playing files and using a PC media player is helpful...
- CD-ROM MEDLINE use and users: information transfer in the clinical settingP W Dalrymple
Graduate School of Library and Information Science, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801
Bull Med Libr Assoc 78:224-32. 1990..Key issues in the design and development of information technologies in the clinical setting are also articulated...
- Traditional versus three-dimensional teaching of peritoneal embryogenesis: a comparative prospective studyBassem Abid
URDIA Anatomie, Faculté de Médecine Paris Descartes, Universite Paris V, Paris, France
Surg Radiol Anat 32:647-52. 2010..Nevertheless, their superiority as teaching aids has never been demonstrated. The aim of this study was to compare 3D and traditional chalk teaching efficiency in terms of student memorization concerning peritoneal embryogenesis...
- The application of three-dimensional internal structure microscopy in the observation of mare ovaryJ Kimur
College of Bioresource Sciences, Nihon University, Kanagawa, Japan
Anat Histol Embryol 30:309-12. 2001..In this study, it has been clarified that application or this novel computerized technique can clarify the anatomical arrangements of the equine ovary and the complex mechanism of equine follicular development...
- CD/DVD technologyGregory L Katzman
Department of Neuroradiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 1140, USA
Semin Ultrasound CT MR 24:410-9. 2003..These technologies can most assuredly be of great benefit to both our professional and personal lives...
- Benefits of using a digital video disk for providing information about abortion to women requesting termination of pregnancyRebecca Powell-Jackson
College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Contraception 81:537-41. 2010..A patient information digital video disk (DVD) on abortion was produced for use in a hospital abortion service (Scotland) for women requesting termination of pregnancy...
- Randomized, controlled trial of an interactive videodisc decision aid for patients with ischemic heart diseaseM W Morgan
The Toronto Hospital and Sunnybrook Health Science Centre Units, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Gen Intern Med 15:685-93. 2000....
- Outcomes of teaching baccalaureate nursing students about mastitis utilizing a multimodal teaching toolDenise A Smart
Washington State University, USA
Int J Nurs Educ Scholarsh 7:Article 19. 2010..These results emphasize the significance of lactation curricula in undergraduate nursing programs and the importance of utilizing multimodal delivery methods...
- Development and evaluation of a sexual decision-making and social skills program: "the choice is yours--preventing HIV/STDs"J Noell
Oregon Center for Applied Science, Inc, Eugene 97403, USA
Health Educ Behav 24:87-101. 1997..e., avoiding sex). At 30-day follow-up, three of the four measures remained significant...
- Dynamic in vitro quantification of bioprosthetic heart valve leaflet motion using structured light projectionH Sugimoto
Cardiac Dynamics Laboratory, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 29:963-73. 2001..Because it is completely noncontacting, this approach is applicable to studies of fatigue and bioreactor technology for tissue engineered heart valves...
- Why bad projects are so hard to killIsabelle Royer
DMSP Research Center, University of Paris, Dauphine
Harv Bus Rev 81:48-56, 123. 2003....
- Cartoon therapy. Not-so-loony tunesDave Carpenter
Hosp Health Netw 77:24, 26. 2003
- Movement quantification in epileptic seizures: a new approach to video-EEG analysisZhanjian Li
Department of Electronics and Telecommunication IEETA, University of Aveiro, Portugal
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 49:565-73. 2002..This result represents an enhanced value to clinicians in studying seizures for reaching a diagnosis...
- Preliminary personal experiences with the application of near-infrared indocyanine green videoangiography in extracranial vertebral artery surgeryMichael Bruneau
Department of Neurosurgery, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Neurosurgery 66:305-11; discussion 311. 2010..We evaluated the feasibility, usefulness, and limitations of near-infrared indocyanine green (ICG) videoangiography during procedures involving the extracranial vertebral artery (VA)...
- Part seven: The role of narrative in the everyday practice of medicine developing narrative competenceJerry Vannatta
University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, WP 1160 P O Box 26901, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73190, USA
J Okla State Med Assoc 102:328-32. 2009....
- Impact of a self-instruction CPR kit on 7th graders' and adults' skills and CPR performanceTonje Lorem
Department of Research and Development, Norwegian Air Ambulance Foundation, Drobak, Norway
Resuscitation 79:103-8. 2008..They were instructed to take the kit home and expose as many family members and friends (adults) as possible to the training. We wanted to document the number of lay rescuers trained by this distribution model and CPR skills achieved...
- PMMA isocyanate-modified digital discs as a support for oligonucleotide-based assaysMaría José Bañuls
Instituto de Quimica Molecular Aplicada, Departamento de Quimica, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Camino de Vera s n, Valencia, Spain
Bioconjug Chem 18:1408-14. 2007..This new approach, being a competitive technique, opens a broad horizon of applications for point of care or in situ needs...
- Centralize your training systemMarc Jorrens
Outbound Software, Cape Hatteras, NC, USA
Occup Health Saf 77:67-9. 2008
- The art of coping with a craniofacial difference: helping others through "Positive Exposure"Johanna Loewenstein
National Human Genome Research Institute NIH, Social and Behavioral Research Branch, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:1547-57. 2008..Health care providers can collaborate with PE, advocacy groups and other community or support groups to identify additional ways individuals with craniofacial differences can help themselves by reaching out to others...
- Variability in velocity profiles during free-air whisking behavior of unrestrained ratsR Blythe Towal
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Northwestern University, 2145 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60208 3107, USA
J Neurophysiol 100:740-52. 2008..We discuss the implications of these results for the control of whisker motion, horizontal object localization, and processing in the thalamus and cortex of the rat vibrissal system...
- Testing the connection of the mirror system and speech: how articulation affects imitation in a simple response taskSimone Kühn
Department of Cognitive Neurology, Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Stephanstr 1a, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Neuropsychologia 46:1513-21. 2008..These findings provide strong experimental support for the assumption that language production and imitation share common functional mechanisms...
- Examination of the effectiveness of DVD decision support tools for patients with unruptured cerebral aneurysmsKazuhiko Nozaki
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Sokyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 47:531-6; discussion 536. 2007..The DVD was favorably accepted as a decision support tool by patients with unruptured cerebral aneurysm and effectively increased patients' knowledge...
- Outcomes of continuing education in the care of children with asthma for pediatric healthcare providersYu Fen Cheng
Department of Nursing, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kohsiung, Taiwan
J Contin Educ Nurs 38:122-31. 2007..Results from this study suggest that continuing education can improve the knowledge of asthma care among pediatric healthcare providers...
- The Economics of Mental Health DispartiesFrederick Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, the last 18 months of the grant will be devoted to developing a new research protocol on the role of time preference (i.e., impatience or delay of gratification) in determining patient demand for mental health services. ..
- Network Chair for the Pacific Northwest DPBRNTimothy Derouen; Fiscal Year: 2006..D. as P.I. and other members of the Biometry Core as co-investigators. Given Dr. DeRouen's previous history in developing the Biometry Core, close collaboration and coordination between Network Chair and Coordinating Center is.assured. ..
- Dental Tobacco Control Net Improving PracticeThomas Houston; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Delivering Effective Primary Care to Older AdultsElizabeth Phelan; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Internet Based Patient-Centered Asthma Management SystemDimitri Christakis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Children in AsthmaNet families will be more likely to report using written care plans. Aim 4: to decrease the number of symptom days for children with asthma H4. Children in AsthmaNet families will experience fewer symptom days. ..
- Comprehensive Training in Inter-Disciplinary Oral Health ResearchTimothy Derouen; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- QUIT-PRIMO:Web-delivered Clinical Microsystem Intervention for Tobacco ControlThomas Houston; Fiscal Year: 2009..gov) and offline resources (1-800-QUIT-NOW), and secure messaging patients can use. ..
- Internet Based Patient-Centered Asthma Management SystemDimitri Christakis; Fiscal Year: 2009..Children in AsthmaNet families will be more likely to report using written care plans. Aim 4: to decrease the number of symptom days for children with asthma H4. Children in AsthmaNet families will experience fewer symptom days. ..
- Media Impact on Preschool BehaviorDimitri Christakis; Fiscal Year: 2009..The goal will be to determine if this makes a positive difference in their behavior. ..
- QUIT-PRIMO:Web-delivered Clinical Microsystem Intervention for Tobacco ControlThomas K Houston; Fiscal Year: 2010..QUIT-PRIMO builds upon our previous NCI-funded R21 (Ford, PI), where we our control self-management system for this study. ..
- Media Impact on Preschool BehaviorDimitri A Christakis; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal will be to determine if this makes a positive difference in their behavior. ..
- QUIT-PRIMO:Web-delivered Clinical Microsystem Intervention for Tobacco ControlThomas Houston; Fiscal Year: 2009..gov) and offline resources (1-800-QUIT-NOW), and secure messaging patients can use. ..
- Community Living After Spinal Cord InjuryCatherine Lysack; Fiscal Year: 2006..Findings will be directly relevant for advancing basic scientific knowledge, and after further studies, may assist clinicians, program staff, and persons with disabilities and their families. ..
- Parent Initiated Prevention ProgramDimitri Christakis; Fiscal Year: 2005..3) To improve parental perceptions of the quality of care provided.H3: Compared to controls, PIPP parents will report higher scores on selected Consumer Assessment of Health Plans (CAHPS) items. ..
- SPECTRAL CONFOCAL MICROSCOPEPeter Bryant; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Neuronal Transplants as an Organotypic Brain Tumor ModelPeter Bryant; Fiscal Year: 2002..Eventually it may be possible to use it to explore the effectiveness of therapeutic strategies including gene therapy and drug treatments. ..
- Molecular Genetics of Drosophila MAGUK'sPeter Bryant; Fiscal Year: 2005..The work will provide a genetic approach to understanding the functions of Dlg and its mammalian homologs, some of which are strongly implicated in a variety of human cancers. ..
- CASA PIA STUDY OF DENTAL AMALGAMS IN CHILDRENTimothy Derouen; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- QUIT-PRIMO:Web-delivered Clinical Microsystem Intervention for Tobacco ControlThomas Houston; Fiscal Year: 2009..gov) and offline resources (1-800-QUIT-NOW), and secure messaging patients can use. ..