Genomes and Genes
three dimensional imaging
Summary: The process of generating three-dimensional images by electronic, photographic, or other methods. For example, three-dimensional images can be generated by assembling multiple tomographic images with the aid of a computer, while photographic 3-D images (HOLOGRAPHY) can be made by exposing film to the interference pattern created when two laser light sources shine on an object.
Publications298 found, 100 shown here
- Automated manifold surgery: constructing geometrically accurate and topologically correct models of the human cerebral cortexB Fischl
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown 02129, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 20:70-80. 2001....
- New techniques for imaging, digitization and analysis of three-dimensional neural morphology on multiple scalesS L Wearne
Computational Neurobiology and Imaging Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Neuroscience 136:661-80. 2005....
- Sparse MRI: The application of compressed sensing for rapid MR imagingMichael Lustig
Magnetic Resonance Systems Research Laboratory, Department of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 9510, USA
Magn Reson Med 58:1182-95. 2007..Examples demonstrate improved spatial resolution and accelerated acquisition for multislice fast spin-echo brain imaging and 3D contrast enhanced angiography...
- MicroCT for developmental biology: a versatile tool for high-contrast 3D imaging at histological resolutionsBrian D Metscher
Department of Theoretical Biology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Dev Dyn 238:632-40. 2009..These methods establish microCT imaging as a useful tool for comparative developmental studies, embryo phenotyping, and quantitative modeling of development...
- Tumor volume in pharyngolaryngeal squamous cell carcinoma: comparison at CT, MR imaging, and FDG PET and validation with surgical specimenJean François Daisne
Head and Neck Oncology Program, St Luc University Hospital, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 10 Ave Hippocrate, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Radiology 233:93-100. 2004....
- Tomographic molecular imaging and 3D quantification within adult mouse organsTomas Alanentalo
Umeå Center for Molecular Medicine, Umea University, S 901 87, Umea, Sweden
Nat Methods 4:31-3. 2007..Using the nonobese diabetic (NOD) mouse model, we demonstrate a correlation between total islet beta-cell volume and the onset of type-1 diabetes...
- MicroCT for comparative morphology: simple staining methods allow high-contrast 3D imaging of diverse non-mineralized animal tissuesBrian D Metscher
Department of Theoretical Biology, Gerd Müller, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, 1090 Austria
BMC Physiol 9:11. 2009..Although osmium staining and a few other techniques have been used for contrast enhancement, generally useful methods for microCT imaging for comparative morphology are still lacking...
- User-guided 3D active contour segmentation of anatomical structures: significantly improved efficiency and reliabilityPaul A Yushkevich
Penn Image Computing and Science Laboratory, Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, PA 19104 6274, USA
Neuroimage 31:1116-28. 2006..Analogous results for lateral ventricle segmentation are provided...
- Texture analysis of medical imagesG Castellano
Neuroimage Laboratory, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas, Brazil
Clin Radiol 59:1061-9. 2004..In this article we clarify the principles of texture analysis and give examples of its applications, reviewing studies of the technique...
- Assessment of airways with three-dimensional quantitative thin-section CT: in vitro and in vivo validationMichel Montaudon
Laboratory of Cellular Respiratory Physiology, Universite Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Radiology 242:563-72. 2007....
- High-throughput morphologic phenotyping of the mouse brain with magnetic resonance histologyG Allan Johnson
Center for In Vivo Microscopy, Box 3302, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Neuroimage 37:82-9. 2007..These collection and acquisition methods are now available to the neuroscience community as a standard web-deliverable service...
- Rapid automated three-dimensional tracing of neurons from confocal image stacksKhalid A Al-Kofahi
Electrical, Computer, and Systems Engineering Department, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY 12180 3590, USA
IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 6:171-87. 2002..These properties make it attractive for large-scale automated tissue studies that require rapid on-line image analysis, such as high-throughput neurobiology/angiogenesis assays, and initiatives such as the Human Brain Project...
- Fast isotropic volumetric coronary MR angiography using free-breathing 3D radial balanced FFE acquisitionC Stehning
Institute of Biomedical Engineering IBT, Karlsruhe, Germany
Magn Reson Med 52:197-203. 2004..The scan time ranged from 10 to 14 min during free breathing at a heart rate of 60 bpm, which is comparable to that of a thin-slab protocol comprising multiple scans for each coronary artery...
- Evaluation of deformable registration of patient lung 4DCT with subanatomical region segmentationsZiji Wu
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Med Phys 35:775-81. 2008..Statistical analyses of the mismatch of the homologous points before and after registration demonstrated improved overall accuracy for both algorithms...
- Focused-ion-beam thinning of frozen-hydrated biological specimens for cryo-electron microscopyMichael Marko
Resource for Visualization of Biological Complexity, Wadsworth Center, Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York 12201, USA
Nat Methods 4:215-7. 2007..We demonstrate, by cryo-electron tomography of Escherichia coli cells, that a focused ion beam (FIB) can be used to thin whole frozen-hydrated cells in a convenient and essentially artifact-free way...
- New methods of MR image intensity standardization via generalized scaleAnant Madabhushi
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, 617 Bowser Road, Room 101, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Med Phys 33:3426-34. 2006..The new scale-based methods were found to be better than the existing methods, with a significant improvement observed for severely diseased and abnormal patient studies...
- New views of cells in 3D: an introduction to electron tomographyRichard McIntosh
Laboratory for 3D Electron Microscopy of Cells, Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0347, USA
Trends Cell Biol 15:43-51. 2005..Electron tomography can provide such information about many kinds of cells and organelles...
- Advances in 4D medical imaging and 4D radiation therapyG Li
Radiation Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, NIH, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 7:67-81. 2008..Most of the work on 4DRT can be regarded as a proof-of-principle and 4DRT is still in its early stage of development...
- A constrained modulus reconstruction technique for breast cancer assessmentA Samani
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 20:877-85. 2001..Breast tissue modulus reconstruction using simulated data and phantom modulus reconstruction using experimental data indicate that the technique is robust...
- Atypical AAA+ subunit packing creates an expanded cavity for disaggregation by the protein-remodeling factor Hsp104Petra Wendler
Department of Crystallography, Birkbeck College, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX, UK
Cell 131:1366-77. 2007..The large cavity could enable the uptake of polypeptide loops without a requirement for exposed N or C termini...
- Diffusion anisotropy measurement of brain white matter is affected by voxel size: underestimation occurs in areas with crossing fibersH Oouchi
Department of Radiology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto City, Kyoto, Japan
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 28:1102-6. 2007..The purpose of this article was to investigate the effect of voxel size/shape on measured FA by using isotropic and nonisotropic voxels...
- Aneurysm growth occurs at region of low wall shear stress: patient-specific correlation of hemodynamics and growth in a longitudinal studyLoic Boussel
Department of Radiology, VA Medical Center, San Francisco, USA 94121, USA
Stroke 39:2997-3002. 2008..Low wall shear stress (WSS) has been reported to have a negative effect on endothelial cells normal physiology and may be an important contributor to local remodeling of the arterial wall and to aneurysm growth and rupture...
- Fourier shell correlation threshold criteriaMarin Van Heel
Imperial College London, Department of Biological Sciences, London SW7 2AY, UK
J Struct Biol 151:250-62. 2005....
- An improved segmentation method for in vivo microCT imagingJan H Waarsing
Department of Orthopaedics, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Bone Miner Res 19:1640-50. 2004..The new method can improve the results of in vivo microCT, where the need to keep radiation dose low limits scan quality...
- Volumetric texture analysis of breast lesions on contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imagesWeijie Chen
Department of Radiology, Committee on Medical Physics, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Magn Reson Med 58:562-71. 2007..Our investigations of the effects of various of parameters on the diagnostic accuracy provided means for the optimal use of the approach...
- Anterior cingulate, gyrus rectus, and orbitofrontal abnormalities in elderly depressed patients: an MRI-based parcellation of the prefrontal cortexMartina Ballmaier
Department of Neurology, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:99-108. 2004....
- Effect of endothelial shear stress on the progression of coronary artery disease, vascular remodeling, and in-stent restenosis in humans: in vivo 6-month follow-up studyPeter H Stone
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Circulation 108:438-44. 2003..The endothelium controls local arterial responses by transduction of shear stress. Characterization of endothelial shear stress (ESS) may allow for prediction of progression of atherosclerosis and in-stent restenosis...
- The Mouse Limb Anatomy Atlas: an interactive 3D tool for studying embryonic limb patterningApril DeLaurier
Division of Developmental Biology, National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London, UK
BMC Dev Biol 8:83. 2008..Existing textual references consist of two-dimensional (2D) illustrations of the adult rat or mouse limb that can be difficult to apply when attempting to describe the complex three-dimensional (3D) relationship between tissues...
- Anatomically constrained region deformation for the automated segmentation of the hippocampus and the amygdala: Method and validation on controls and patients with Alzheimer's diseaseMarie Chupin
Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, Institute of Neurology, UCL, UK
Neuroimage 34:996-1019. 2007..The proposed approach provides a new framework for further developments in quantitative analyses of the pathological hippocampus and amygdala in MRI scans...
- Automated three-dimensional tracing of neurons in confocal and brightfield imagesWenyun He
Electrical Computer and Systems Engineering Department, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY 12180 3590, USA
Microsc Microanal 9:296-310. 2003..A semiautomatic method was developed for reconnection of dendritic fragments that are disconnected due to insufficient dye penetration, an imaging deficiency, or skeletonization errors...
- Linear accuracy and reliability of cone beam CT derived 3-dimensional images constructed using an orthodontic volumetric rendering programDanielle R Periago
Department of Orthodontic and Pediatric Dentistry, University of Louisville School of Dentistry, Louisville, KY, USA
Angle Orthod 78:387-95. 2008..To compare accuracy of linear measurements made on cone beam computed tomographic (CBCT) derived 3-dimensional (3D) surface rendered volumetric images to direct measurements made on human skulls...
- A brief update on lung stereologyMatthias Ochs
Institute of Anatomy, Experimental Morphology Unit, University of Bern, Switzerland
J Microsc 222:188-200. 2006....
- The molecular architecture of axonemes revealed by cryoelectron tomographyDaniela Nicastro
Laboratory for 3D Electron Microscopy of Cells, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, CB 347, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0347, USA
Science 313:944-8. 2006..Periodic densities were also observed inside doublet microtubules; these may contribute to doublet stability...
- Accuracy of three-dimensional measurements obtained from cone beam computed tomography surface-rendered images for cephalometric analysis: influence of patient scanning positionBassam Hassan
Department of Oral Radiology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, The Netherlands
Eur J Orthod 31:129-34. 2009..The findings indicate that measurements based on 3D CBCT surface images are accurate and that small variations in the patient's head position do not influence measurement accuracy...
- Visualizing and clustering high throughput sub-cellular localization imagingNicholas A Hamilton
ARC Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
BMC Bioinformatics 9:81. 2008..The result is images that are statistically similar are spatially close in the visualization allowing for easy comparison of images that are similar and distinguishment of dissimilar images into distinct clusters...
- Multicell simulations of development and disease using the CompuCell3D simulation environmentMaciej H Swat
Biocomplexity Institute and Department of Physics, Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
Methods Mol Biol 500:361-428. 2009..This tutorial introduces Glazier-Graner-Hogeweg (GGH) multicell simulations and CompuCell3D, a simulation framework that allows users to build, test, and run GGH simulations...
- High-resolution three-dimensional imaging of islet-infiltrate interactions based on optical projection tomography assessments of the intact adult mouse pancreasTomas Alanentalo
Umea University, Umeå Centre for Molecular Medicine, S 901 87, Umea, Sweden
J Biomed Opt 13:054070. 2008..It is anticipated that the same approach could be applied to other areas of research where 3-D molecular distributions of both global and regional character is required...
- Evidence for abnormalities of cortical development in adolescent-onset schizophreniaNatalie L Voets
FMRIB Centre, Department of Clinical Neurology, University of Oxford, UK
Neuroimage 43:665-75. 2008..Evidence for changes in local surface area (as opposed to simply cortical thinning) is consistent with a neurodevelopmental contribution to the underlying neuropathology of the disease...
- Accuracy of ultrasound-based (BAT) prostate-repositioning: a three-dimensional on-line fiducial-based assessment with cone-beam computed tomographyJudit Boda-Heggemann
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:1247-55. 2008..To assess the accuracy of ultrasound-based repositioning (BAT) before prostate radiation with fiducial-based three-dimensional matching with cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT)...
- Three-dimensional ultrasound imagingA Fenster
The John P Robarts Research Institute, London, Canada
Phys Med Biol 46:R67-99. 2001..Finally, methods to measure organ volume from the 3D ultrasound images and sources of errors are described...
- Characterizing of tissue microstructure with single-detector polarization-sensitive optical coherence tomographyBin Liu
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Massachusetts, USA
Appl Opt 45:4464-79. 2006..This study, along with the data in part I, advance the insights gained from PS-OCT images beyond simply determining the presence or absence of birefringence...
- Conical tomography of freeze-fracture replicas: a method for the study of integral membrane proteins inserted in phospholipid bilayersS Lanzavecchia
Dipartimento di Chimica Strutturale, Universita di Milano, Italy
J Struct Biol 149:87-98. 2005..In conclusion, the reconstruction of freeze-fracture replicas with electron tomography has provided a novel experimental approach for the study of integral proteins inserted in phospholipid bilayers...
- 3-D ultrastructure of O. tauri: electron cryotomography of an entire eukaryotic cellGregory P Henderson
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e749. 2007....
- Development of long-term dendritic spine stability in diverse regions of cerebral cortexYi Zuo
Molecular Neurobiology Program, Skirball Institute, Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, New York University School of Medicine, NY 10016, USA
Neuron 46:181-9. 2005..Thus, after a concurrent loss of spines and spine precursors in diverse regions of young adolescent cortex, spines become stable and a majority of them can last throughout life...
- Discriminating power of localized three-dimensional facial morphologyPeter Hammond
Eastman Dental Institute, University College London, London, WC1X 8LD, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 77:999-1010. 2005....
- Three-dimensional chemoarchitecture of the basal forebrain: spatially specific association of cholinergic and calcium binding protein-containing neuronsL Zaborszky
Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 197 University Avenue, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
Neuroscience 136:697-713. 2005..The proposed scheme of basal forebrain organization, using cell density or density relations as criteria, offers a new perspective on structure-function relationship, unconstrained by traditional region boundaries...
- Optical projection tomography as a new tool for studying embryo anatomyJames Sharpe
Developmental Genetics, MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
J Anat 202:175-81. 2003..This becomes particularly important for the visualization of the 3D shapes of specific organs and tissues as it allows the computer to automatically determine the outline of the desired structure...
- Gastric cancer: preoperative local staging with 3D multi-detector row CT--correlation with surgical and histopathologic resultsChiao Yun Chen
Department of Medical Imaging, Kaohsiung Medical University, Chung Ho Memorial Hospital, 100 Tz You 1st Road, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Radiology 242:472-82. 2007..To prospectively evaluate accuracy of multi-detector row computed tomographic (CT) images for preoperative staging of gastric cancer by using surgical and histopathologic results as reference standards...
- A study of the motion and deformation of the heart due to respirationKate McLeish
Division of Imaging Sciences, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas School of Medicine, Thomas Guy House Guy s Hospital, SE1 9RT London, UK
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 21:1142-50. 2002..Principal component analysis produced a statistical model of the motion and deformation of the heart. We discuss how this model could be used to assist motion correction...
- Can PET provide the 3D extent of tumor motion for individualized internal target volumes? A phantom study of the limitations of CT and the promise of PETCurtis B Caldwell
Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:1381-93. 2003....
- Ultrahigh-resolution full-field optical coherence tomographyArnaud Dubois
Laboratoire d Optique Physique, Ecole Superieure de Physique et Chimie Industrielles, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Propre de Recherche A0005, 10 rue Vauquelin, F 75231 Paris Cedex 5, France
Appl Opt 43:2874-83. 2004..A shot-noise-limited detection sensitivity of 90 dB is obtained in an acquisition time per image of 4 s. Subcellular-level images of plant, animal, and human tissues are presented...
- New magnetic resonance imaging-based method for defining the extent of left atrial wall injury after the ablation of atrial fibrillationChristopher J McGann
Radiology Department, University of Utah School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:1263-71. 2008..Using a 3-dimensional (3D) delayed-enhancement magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) sequence and novel processing methods, LA wall scarring is visualized at high resolution after radiofrequency ablation (RFA)...
- Direct three-dimensional myocardial strain tensor quantification and tracking using zHARPKhaled Z Abd-Elmoniem
Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Med Image Anal 12:778-86. 2008..The performance and accuracy of the method is demonstrated in vitro on a phantom and in vivo in four healthy adult human subjects...
- Nodavirus coat protein imposes dodecahedral RNA structure independent of nucleotide sequence and lengthMariana Tihova
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Virol 78:2897-905. 2004..We propose that the capsid protein is able to exploit the plasticity of the RNA secondary structures, capturing those that are compatible with the geometry of the dodecahedral cage...
- Image-based computational fluid dynamics modeling in realistic arterial geometriesDavid A Steinman
Imaging Research Laboratories, The John P Robarts Research Institute, The University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Ann Biomed Eng 30:483-97. 2002..Issues related to accuracy, precision, and modeling assumptions are also discussed...
- Recommendations from Gynaecological (GYN) GEC-ESTRO Working Group (I): concepts and terms in 3D image based 3D treatment planning in cervix cancer brachytherapy with emphasis on MRI assessment of GTV and CTVChristine Haie-Meder
Department of Radiotherapy, Brachytherapy Unit, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Radiother Oncol 74:235-45. 2005..When introducing a 3D image based approach for GTV and CTV assessment, there is a need for a common language to describe the concepts and to define the terms which are to be used...
- Magnitude and role of wall shear stress on cerebral aneurysm: computational fluid dynamic study of 20 middle cerebral artery aneurysmsMasaaki Shojima
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Stroke 35:2500-5. 2004..The magnitude and distribution of the WSS in and around human middle cerebral artery (MCA) aneurysms were analyzed using the method of computed fluid dynamics (CFD)...
- Measurement of myocardial mechanics in mice before and after infarction using multislice displacement-encoded MRI with 3D motion encodingWesley D Gilson
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H1491-7. 2005..07 +/- 0.54 degrees /mm (R = 0.96, P < 0.05). DENSE MRI can assess the 3D myocardial mechanics of the murine heart in <1 h of scan time at 4.7 T and may be applied to studies of myocardial mechanics in genetically engineered mice...
- Detection and quantification of left atrial structural remodeling with delayed-enhancement magnetic resonance imaging in patients with atrial fibrillationRobert S Oakes
Atrial Fibrillation Program, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 2400, USA
Circulation 119:1758-67. 2009..In this study, we report the utility of delayed-enhancement magnetic resonance imaging (DE-MRI) in detecting abnormal atrial tissue before radiofrequency ablation and in predicting procedural outcome...
- False discovery rate revisited: FDR and topological inference using Gaussian random fieldsJustin R Chumbley
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, University College London, London, UK
Neuroimage 44:62-70. 2009..We describe the nature of the problem, illustrate it with some examples and suggest a simple solution based on controlling the false discovery rate of connected excursion sets within an SPM, characterised by their volume...
- Automatic lung segmentation for accurate quantitation of volumetric X-ray CT imagesS Hu
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 20:490-8. 2001..8 pixels (0.54 mm). The mean intrasubject change in tissue content over the three scans was 2.75% +/- 2.29% (mean +/- standard deviation)...
- An Eulerian PDE approach for computing tissue thicknessAnthony J Yezzi
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 22:1332-9. 2003..These experiments reveal very good performance and show strong potential for application in tissue thickness visualization and quantification...
- Imaging cortical association tracts in the human brain using diffusion-tensor-based axonal trackingSusumu Mori
Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Magn Reson Med 47:215-23. 2002..As a first illustration of this technical capability, a reduction in brain connectivity in a patient with a childhood neurodegenerative disease (X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy) was demonstrated...
- Wall shear stress on ruptured and unruptured intracranial aneurysms at the internal carotid arteryL D Jou
Department of Radiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:1761-7. 2008..Flow impingement, greater pressure, and abnormal wall shear stress are all indications for aneurysm rupture. Characterizing wall shear stress for intracranial aneurysms at similar anatomic locations may help in understanding its role...
- Three-dimensional imaging of Drosophila melanogasterLeeanne McGurk
Medical Research Council Human Genetics Unit, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 2:e834. 2007..The data is displayed as 2D optical sections and also in 3D to provide detail on the shape and structure of the adult anatomy...
- Three-dimensional surface acquisition systems for the study of facial morphology and their application to maxillofacial surgeryChung How Kau
Department of Orthodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Med Robot 3:97-110. 2007..There has been a growing interest in three-dimensional (3D) surface imaging devices over the last few years...
- Locally advanced breast cancer: comparison of mammography, sonography and MR imaging in evaluation of residual disease in women receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapyViviana Londero
Institute of Radiology, University of Udine, Via Colugna 50, 33100 Udine, Italy
Eur Radiol 14:1371-9. 2004..5%. MRI assesses response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy better than traditional methods of physical examination and mammography...
- Correlations of interictal FDG-PET metabolism and ictal SPECT perfusion changes in human temporal lobe epilepsy with hippocampal sclerosisN Nelissen
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, 49 Herestraat, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Neuroimage 32:684-95. 2006..Our aim was to study ictal-interictal SPECT perfusion versus interictal fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG)-PET metabolic patterns...
- Prediction of rupture risk in abdominal aortic aneurysm during observation: wall stress versus diameterMark F Fillinger
Section of Vascular Surgery, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03750, USA
J Vasc Surg 37:724-32. 2003..The purpose of this study was to analyze rupture risk over time in patients under observation...
- Time-resolved contrast-enhanced three-dimensional magnetic resonance angiography of the chest: combination of parallel imaging with view sharing (TREAT)Christian Fink
Abteilung Radiologie, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum DKFZ, Innovative Krebsdiagnostik und Therapie, Heidelberg, Germany
Invest Radiol 40:40-8. 2005....
- Global brain atrophy and corticospinal tract alterations in ALS, as investigated by voxel-based morphometry of 3-D MRIJan Kassubek
Department of Neurology, University of Ulm, Germany
Amyotroph Lateral Scler Other Motor Neuron Disord 6:213-20. 2005..VBM might be a potential tool to visualize disease progression in future longitudinal studies...
- A new technique for the creation of a computerized composite skull modelJaime Gateno
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:222-7. 2003..The computerized composite skull model is the combination of a 3-dimensional (3D) computed tomography (CT) bone model with digital dental models...
- Quantitative comparison of algorithms for inter-subject registration of 3D volumetric brain MRI scansBabak A Ardekani
Center for Advanced Brain Imaging, Nathan Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, 140 Old Orangeburg Road, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
J Neurosci Methods 142:67-76. 2005..The spatial dispersion measure was found to be more sensitive when the landmarks were placed after image registration. The standard deviation measure was found sensitive to intensity normalization or the method of image interpolation...
- Evaluation of lung volumetry using dynamic three-dimensional magnetic resonance imagingChristian Plathow
Department of Radiology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Invest Radiol 40:173-9. 2005..We sought to investigate lung volume and surface measurements during the breathing cycle using dynamic three-dimensional magnetic resonance imaging (3D MRI)...
- The use of a new 3D splint and double CT scan procedure to obtain an accurate anatomic virtual augmented model of the skullG R J Swennen
Division of Maxillo Facial Surgery, Department of Surgery, General Hospital St Jan Bruges, Rudershove 10, 8000 Bruges, Belgium
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 36:146-52. 2007..0491-0.0622). The combination of the newly designed 3D splint with the double CT scan procedure allowed accurate registration and the set-up of an accurate anatomic 3D virtual augmented model of the skull with detailed dental surface...
- Fluid-structure interaction within realistic three-dimensional models of the aneurysmatic aorta as a guidance to assess the risk of rupture of the aneurysmE S Di Martino
Department of Bioengineering, Politecnico of Milano, Milan, Italy
Med Eng Phys 23:647-55. 2001..A proven clinical efficacy may promote the method as a tool to determine factual aneurysm risk of rupture and aid the surgeon to refer elective surgery patients...
- What is cone-beam CT and how does it work?William C Scarfe
Department of Surgical Hospital Dentistry, University of Louisville School of Dentistry, 501 South Preston Street, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Dent Clin North Am 52:707-30, v. 2008..Future enhancements most likely will be directed toward reducing scan time; providing multimodal imaging; improving image fidelity, including soft tissue contrast; and incorporating task-specific protocols to minimize patient dose...
- Accelerating molecular modeling applications with graphics processorsJOHN E STONE
Beckman Institute, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Comput Chem 28:2618-40. 2007..In light of the performance obtained for this set of calculations, future applications of graphics processors to molecular dynamics simulations are discussed...
- Sources and effects of electrode impedance during deep brain stimulationChristopher R Butson
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave ND 20, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 117:447-54. 2006....
- Second-harmonic imaging microscopy of normal human and keratoconus corneaNaoyuki Morishige
The Eye Institute, School of Medicine, University of California Irvine Medical Center, Orange, California
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:1087-94. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the ability of second-harmonic imaging to identify differences in corneal stromal collagen organization between normal human and keratoconus corneas...
- Automatic segmentation of cortical and trabecular compartments based on a dual threshold technique for in vivo micro-CT bone analysisHelen R Buie
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Schulich School of Engineering, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive N W, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4
Bone 41:505-15. 2007..Using the same input thresholds for similar datasets assures maximal consistency while alleviating time consuming semi-automated contouring...
- A layer-specific three-dimensional model for the simulation of balloon angioplasty using magnetic resonance imaging and mechanical testingGerhard A Holzapfel
Institute for Structural Analysis Computational Biomechanics, Graz University of Technology, Austria
Ann Biomed Eng 30:753-67. 2002....
- 3D MRI-based multicomponent FSI models for atherosclerotic plaquesDalin Tang
Mathematical Sciences Department, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA 01609, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 32:947-60. 2004..Large-scale patient studies are needed to validate the computational findings for possible plaque vulnerability assessment and rupture predictions...
- Globally optimal stitching of tiled 3D microscopic image acquisitionsStephan Preibisch
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Dresden, Germany
Bioinformatics 25:1463-5. 2009..The physical coordinates provided by the microscope stage are not precise enough to allow direct reconstruction (Stitching) of the whole image from individual image stacks...
- Hippocampal head size associated with verbal memory performance in nondemented elderlyV H Hackert
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neuroimage 17:1365-72. 2002..06, 0.59)). Our data suggest selective involvement of the hippocampal head in verbal memory, and add to recent findings of functional segregation along the longitudinal axis of the hippocampus...
- Estimating linear cortical magnification in human primary visual cortex via dynamic programmingAnqi Qiu
Center for Imaging Science, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Neuroimage 31:125-38. 2006..The reliability of these estimates was assessed by comparing results based on data from one quadrant to those based on data from the full hemifield along with a split-half reliability analysis...
- Whole-heart steady-state free precession coronary artery magnetic resonance angiographyOliver M Weber
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Magn Reson Med 50:1223-8. 2003..It is concluded that the whole-heart coronary MRA technique improves visible vessel length and facilitates high-quality coronary MRA of the complete coronary artery tree in a single measurement...
- Database of normal human cerebral blood flow measured by SPECT: I. Comparison between I-123-IMP, Tc-99m-HMPAO, and Tc-99m-ECD as referred with O-15 labeled water PET and voxel-based morphometryHiroshi Ito
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Radiology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 20:131-8. 2006..The regional distribution of tissue fractions of gray matter determined by voxel-based morphometry was also compared with SPECT and PET CBF distributions...
- Navigator-gated free-breathing three-dimensional balanced fast field echo (TrueFISP) coronary magnetic resonance angiographyElmar Spuentrup
Department of Medicine Cardiovascular Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Invest Radiol 37:637-42. 2002..It is hypothesized that Balanced-FFE may be valuable for contrast enhancement in 3D free-breathing coronary MRA...
- Atlas renormalization for improved brain MR image segmentation across scanner platformsXiao Han
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 26:479-86. 2007....
- 3D analysis of facial morphologyPeter Hammond
Eastman Dental Institute, UCL, London, United Kingdom
Am J Med Genet A 126:339-48. 2004..This article contains supplementary material, which may be viewed at the American Journal of Medical Genetics website at http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0148-7299/suppmat/index.html...
- Ventricular volume and mass by CMRDudley J Pennell
Centre for Advanced Magnetic Resonance in Cardiology CAMRIC, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London SW3 6NP, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 4:507-13. 2002
- Regional deficits in brain volume in schizophrenia: a meta-analysis of voxel-based morphometry studiesRobyn Honea
Prince of Wales International Centre for SANE Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford, Warneford Hospital, Headington, Oxford, UK OX3 7JX
Am J Psychiatry 162:2233-45. 2005....
- Rigid registration of 3-D ultrasound with MR images: a new approach combining intensity and gradient informationA Roche
INRIA Projet Epidaure, Sophia Antipolis, France
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 20:1038-49. 2001..A cross-validation study has been carried out using a number of phantom and clinical data. This indicates that the method is quite robust and that the worst registration errors are of the order of the MR image resolution...
- Validity and reliability of craniofacial anthropometric measurement of 3D digital photogrammetric imagesJulielynn Y Wong
Craniofacial Centre, Division of Plastic Surgery, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 45:232-9. 2008..Before morphometry using digital photogrammetry can be applied in clinical and research practice, it must be assessed against direct anthropometry...
- Cryo-electron tomography reveals the cytoskeletal structure of Spiroplasma melliferumJulia Kürner
Department of Structural Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Am Klopferspitz 18, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Science 307:436-8. 2005..On the basis of our structural data, we could model the motility modes of these cells and explain how helical Mollicutes can propel themselves by means of coordinated length changes of their cytoskeletal ribbons...
- Ambient occlusion and edge cueing to enhance real time molecular visualizationMarco Tarini
Universita dell Insubria, Varese, Italy
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:1237-44. 2006..As a result, the user's understanding of the three-dimensional structure under inspection is strongly increased (even for still images), while the rendering still occurs in real time...
- Myocardial viability: assessment with three-dimensional MR imaging in pigs and patientsMarc Dewey
Department of Radiology, Charite, Medical School, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Radiology 239:703-9. 2006....
- A novel method for the 3-dimensional simulation of orthognathic surgery by using a multimodal image-fusion techniqueJun Uechi
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, Ishikari Tobetsu, Japan
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 130:786-98. 2006..The aim of this study was to establish a novel method for simulating orthognathic surgery in 3-dimensional (3D) space...
- Sex-based differences in the anthropometric characteristics of the anterior cruciate ligament and its relation to intercondylar notch geometry: a cadaveric studyNaveen Chandrashekar
Mechanical Engineering Department, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX 79409, USA
Am J Sports Med 33:1492-8. 2005..Reasons for this disparity are not well understood; however, sex-based differences in the geometry of the anterior cruciate ligament, its morphologic characteristics, and the intercondylar notch size have been cited as possible factors...
- Fast high-resolution T1 mapping of the human brainRalf Deichmann
Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience, Institute of Neurology, London, UK
Magn Reson Med 54:20-7. 2005..In addition, an improved fitting algorithm based on smoothed flip angle maps is presented and tested successfully...
- Partnership for Primary Care ImagingStephen A Boppart; Fiscal Year: 2013..This Primary Care Imaging system addresses this critical need, and for the first time, brings advanced diagnostic imaging technology to the primary care office. ..
- Structural Studies of Alphavirus Membrane Fusion In SituWei Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Knowledge gained from such studies provides potential targets for anti-viral reagents. ..
- Office based real-time high speed 3D-OCT system for diagnosis of early laryngealTIRUNELVELI RAMALINGAM; Fiscal Year: 2013..to develop this technology since its founders and collaborators have developed several office-based real-time 3D-OCT systems and were first to conduct large scale clinical trials on laryngeal cancer to the best of our knowledge ..
- Characterization of Exudative Macular Degeneration and Diabetic Retinopathy UsingScott E Fraser; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research plan improves the capabilities of PC-OCT and then does a head-to-head comparison with fluorescein angiography in evaluation of patients with wet macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. ..
- Multiphoton Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging of Solid Tumors InvivoV Krishnan Ramanujan; Fiscal Year: 2010..These findings will pave a way for monitoring the real-time effects of pharmacological intervention on reducing tumor burden in vivo. ..
- Human Myocardium Engineered Using Developmentally-Inspired Protein ScaffoldsADAM WALTER FEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 2012..This will enable us to tissue engineering 3-D human cardiac tissues, which will have future application in heart repair. ..
- STRUCTURE AND ASSEMBLY OF VIRUSESSTEPHEN COPLAN HARRISON; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Ear Canal Optical Coherent Tomography SystemPAUL SHNITSER; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ECOCT technology will reduce the hearing aid cost (by decreasing the rework to get a better fit), and improve the sound quality, convenience, and comfort of hearing aid use. ..
- Comprehensive Mapping and Annotation of the E. coli TranscriptomeBarry L Wanner; Fiscal Year: 2010..A comprehensive whole transcriptome map of E. coli K-12 will provide the groundwork for predicting the behavior of other cells, including disease-causing microbes. ..
- Single Cell/RNA-Seq dissection of Human iPS cell development into intestineJames M Wells; Fiscal Year: 2013..Novel molecular markers for these cells will be identified and complete molecular differentiation programs characterized. Genes will be functionally analyzed and genetic regulatory networks better defined. ..
- Ophthalmic Imaging Using Adaptive Optics and OCTJohn S Werner; Fiscal Year: 2012..These advanced imaging techniques will be deployed for evaluating the changes in the retina and optic nerve resulting from novel therapies for rescuing retinal layers from the leading causes of blindness. ..
- Automatic Quantitative Analysis of MR Images of the Knee in OsteoarthritisMarc Niethammer; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will use the developed methods to analyze cartilage thickness and to perform correlations with clinical variables. Developed software tools will be distributed in open-source form. ..
- Stanford Neuroscience Research Cores for Gene Vectors, Microscopy, and BehaviorGary K Steinberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..Moreover, the resulting formal and informal collaborations will provide the foundation for a richer, stronger, and more vibrant research community. ..
- High Resolution Multiplexed Fluorescence TomographyMARK JONATHAN NIEDRE; Fiscal Year: 2013..We anticipate that the scanner will have many applications in biomedical research including studying disease development and response to novel therapeutics in vivo. ..
- Imaging the struggle for nutrient metal between host and pathogenEric P Skaar; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, the technologies developed as a result of these experiments will be applicable to all physiologically relevant processes that can be studied using animal models. ..
- C-Arm CT for Guidence of Cardiac InterventionsRebecca Fahrig; Fiscal Year: 2010..Access to such images, during an interventional procedure, could also enable new, directed treatments for myocardial infarction by allowing accurate guidance of therapy (cell, drug etc.) directly to the affected tissue. ..
- Microscopy &Image Analysis of Unstained MacromoleculesTimothy S Baker; Fiscal Year: 2013..representatives of several different virus families, all of which are excellent model systems for studying form and function: Parvoviridae, Partitiviridae, Phycodnaviridae, Podoviridae, Reoviridae, and Iridoviridae ..
- IVIS Spectrum CT Imaging System in BSL-3 ContainmentKATHERINE D RYMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The diversity of pathogens and animal models available in the University of Pittsburgh RBL and the plan to integrate this IVIS Spectrum CT with existing micro PET/CT imaging capabilities provides a truly unique resource. ..
- EM STUDIES ON MUSCLEKENNETH ALLEN TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- A New Integrated Endoscope SystemLih Y Lin; Fiscal Year: 2012..PHS 398/2590 (Rev. 09/04, Reissued 4/2006) Page 1 Continuation Format Page ..
- Vaginal Tactile Imager for Pelvic Floor Biomechanical AssessmentVladimir Egorov; Fiscal Year: 2013..The VTI commercialization will follow the FDA approval. The completion of proposed project promises to gain scientific knowledge, provide new technical capability and improve clinical practice in gynecology. ..
- Guiding the Treatment of Anterior Eye Disease with Optical Coherence TomographyDavid Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pilot clinical trials of these techniques are proposed. The goal is to develop surgeries that reliably improve the vision in patients with keratoconus, corneal dystrophies, and deep scars. ..
- Development of an Intraoral Optical Probe for the Microscopic Evaluation of DentaADAM MICHAEL ZYSK; Fiscal Year: 2013..This track record, when combined with the enabling technology of ISAM, yields a significant new opportunity to improve dental care through technical innovation. ..
- Image mapped spectroscopy for snapshot 3-D biomedical imagingTomasz S Tkaczyk; Fiscal Year: 2012..We anticipate that this capability will improve the yield of biopsy collection in screening situations, and provide diagnostic information at locations where tissue could not otherwise be removed. ..
- High Resolution 3D Optics Coherence Phase MicroscopyJohannes F de Boer; Fiscal Year: 2011..OCPM will serve as a powerful imaging tool for processes in cell biology and will enhance the understanding of the structure, function, and the behavior of living cells. ..
- In vivo characterization of RNA virus assembly lines with EM tomographyJASON KENNETH LANMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Investigating virus assembly and genome packaging will help researchers develop novel anti-viral targets. ..
- Scalable Software for Reverse Engineering Neural Circuits from HistologyCHRISTOPHER CHARLES LAW; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will also implement fusion methods that will take as input the segmentation results from different algorithms and that will generate the tracings of neural processes by linking segmentation results from one section to the next. ..
- A SonoKnife for Advanced CancersEduardo G Moros; Fiscal Year: 2010..We called this new technology the SonoKnife, a scanned, line-focused ultrasound thermal therapy system specifically designed for non-invasive thermal ablation. ..
- Probing optical property changes in photonic materials for faster timing in PETCraig S Levin; Fiscal Year: 2013..The following contains confidential information that should not be used except for purpose of review and evaluation of this proposal. ..
- Quantitative breast cancer risk index from routine 3-D imagingSrinivasan Vedantham; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Spatial Analysis of Molecules in Tissue using MALDI-MSRichard M Caprioli; Fiscal Year: 2013..In one aim, it is planned to combine microscopy and IHC measurements, MRI and IMS as part of a single 3-D volume that is easily interrogated using standard internet tools. ..
- Low-Dose Tomosynthetic Interventional System For Quantitative Cardiac ImagingMichael A Speidel; Fiscal Year: 2013..The successful conclusion of this research will be a low dose x-ray fluoroscopic system which provides clinical image quality, novel therapeutic tools, and 3D imaging capability in a single interventional laboratory. ..
- Quasi-rigid image registration for DCE-MRIABHIJIT JAYAWANT CHAUDHARI; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- A population-bases atlas of the zebrafish brain for quantitative phenotypic compaSteven Yang; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Development of a preclinical optical frequency domain angiography instrumentBENJAMIN JAMES VAKOC; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our goal is to move OFDA technology from the engineering to the biological laboratory, which may catalyze research into basic cancer biology and cancer therapeutics. ..
- A quantative understanding of the regulation of actin dynamics in live T cellsChristoph Wuelfing; Fiscal Year: 2010..Here we combine biochemical information and information contained in spatiotemporal patterns of actin regulators to elucidate how actin dynamics are regulated inside a live primary T cells upon activation. ..
- A MULTI-SCALE APPROACH TO CELL STRUCTURE &FUNCTIONAndreas Hoenger; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- P30 - CORE GRANT FOR VISION RESEARCHSamuel M Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..7) To provide a supportive environment to attract and retain outstanding vision research faculty, students and postdoctoral fellows;and facilitate new vision research projects. ..
- The Interactive Metabolome of Polymicrobial BiofilmsVanessa V Phelan; Fiscal Year: 2013..This research will form the basis for a multiplexed study of microbial biofilms includig proteomic, transcriptomic and metabolomic interactions to be proposed in an R01 grant application before the end of the K award. ..
- Aneurysm Sac Growth as the Etiology of Recurrence in Coiled Cerebral AneurysmsDavid M Hasan; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed project therefore can significantly impact clinical management of aneurysm patients. ..
- In vivo characterization of RNA virus assembly lines with EM tomographyJASON KENNETH LANMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Virus particles missing a vRNA will be analyzed with EMT to determine the number of segments and which segments are packaged in each virus particle. ..
- Lung nodule detection using 3D "visual palpation" via standard thoracoscopesJason D Harry; Fiscal Year: 2011..This project strives to develop and test a practical, intuitive, and low-cost 3D image acquisition and analysis solution to the problem of locating hidden lung nodules. ..
- Subcellular Mechanisms in Pathogenesis of Pulmonary Arterial HypertensionJASON EDWARD LEE; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Three-Dimensional Imaging of Whole Cells by Using X-ray Diffraction MicroscopyJianwei Miao; Fiscal Year: 2010..This novel imaging technique will be applied to the localization of multiprotein complexes inside whole cells. ..
- Development and Maintenance of IMOD SoftwareDavid N Mastronarde; Fiscal Year: 2013..Some of the research is on organisms or cellular structures involved in specific diseases. ..
- The CryoEM Motility AssayKENNETH ALLEN TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2013..The CryoEM Motility Assay seeks to address this deficiency. The enhanced basic understanding of the structure of active motors may lead to therapeutic advances. ..
- In vivo characterization of RNA virus assembly lines with EM tomographyJASON KENNETH LANMAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..Virus particles missing a vRNA will be analyzed with EMT to determine the number of segments and which segments are packaged in each virus particle. ..
- TOPIC 305 PHASE II;NOVEL DIGITAL X-RAY SOURCES FOR CANCER IMAGINING APPLICATIONSBo Gao; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- LUNG TRAJECTORY MAPPING FOR RADIATION THERAPYDaniel A Low; Fiscal Year: 2012..If the motion model is found to be accurate, it may have applications outside of radiation therapy. ..
- A new paradigm for quantifying animal behavior in a model genetic systemJoshua W Shaevitz; Fiscal Year: 2013..The ability to measure subtle changes in behavior in a model genetic organism will bring us closer than we have ever been to understanding neurological diseases and behavioral disorders at the genetic and molecular level. ..
- FULLY THREE-DIMENSIONAL TOMOGRAPHY MEETINGGRANT GULLBERG; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- 3D Facial Imaging in FASDPeter Hammond; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will use facial images to improve the diagnosis of fetal alcohol spectrum disorders and also develop methods to identify these children at very early ages - so as to allow early intervention to improve outcome. ..
- Improved Prostate Cancer Detection Using Combined Ultrasound and Photoacoustic ImSanjiv S Gambhir; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Fourier Domain Functional OCTZhongping Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Acoustic Radiation Force Imaging of ArteriesGregg E Trahey; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will then test whether it can, by classifying plaques in the carotid artery as either soft or hard, predict which patients will have strokes over a two year period. ..
- Role of 3D Tomography in Breast CancerANDREW contact KARELLAS; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Development of a Low Cost High Performance Animal PETWAI HOI WONG; Fiscal Year: 2010..This method may further improve image quality and the 3-D image reconstruction process. ..
- THE PURPOSE OF THIS CONTRACT IS TO DEVELOP A NOVEL STATIONARY DBT(S-DBT) SYSTEM HUAIZHI JANE GENG; Fiscal Year: 2011..The system utilizes the carbon nanotube multi-beam field emission x-ray technology (MBFEX) to collect all the projection images without any mechanical motion. ..
- Anti-counterfeit edible integral lens array for pharmaceuticalsJAY E STOCKLEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- CENTER FOR BIOMEDICAL OCT RESEARCH AND TRANSLATIONBrett E Bouma; Fiscal Year: 2011..The selected projects naturally fall into three core thematic areas: advanced structural imaging, functional and compositional contrast, and hybrid imaging modalities. ..
- Cluster Ion Sources for ToF-SIMSDavid G Castner; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed cluster ion beam sources will provide new information about the surface properties of biomedical devices, as well as the biomolecules and cells interacting with those devises, that is needed to achieve this objective. ..
- Cluster Ion Source for ESCA InstrumentDavid G Castner; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed cluster ion beam source will provide new information about the surface properties of biomedical devices that is needed to achieve this objective. ..
- THREE DIMENSIONAL STRUCTURE OF ALPHA ACTININKenneth Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2000..5) Determine conditions that will both produce crystals of one or more alpha-actinin isoforms of a size suitable for an atomic structure analysis and preserve their crystalline order in the electron microscope. ..
- STRUCTURAL STUDIES OF BACTERIAL FLAGELLADavid Derosier; Fiscal Year: 1999..It has been suggested that this structure is an important element of the motor. Freeze-fracture, deep-etch, shadowed replicas of Aquaspirillum serpens and Salmonella typhimurium will be used to visualize the structure. ..
- 3-D Imaging Technique for Applications in AnthropomePEISEN HUANG; Fiscal Year: 2002..The effectiveness of lung volume reduction surgery (LVRS) will be evaluated. The technique developed in this research should have numerous other medical as well as engineering applications. ..
- Biomechanics of Spine FractureTONY KEAVENY; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Image Reconstruction Algorithms for Optical TomographyJOHN SCHOTLAND; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will utilize the parallel plate imaging geometry which is often employed in optical mammography. The results of this research are expected to impact the design of clinically useful instruments for noncontact optical tomography. ..
- 3-D ANALYSIS OF LEFT VENTRIULAR REGIONAL WALL MOTIONR Clark; Fiscal Year: 1990....
- BIO-RAD CONFOCAL MICROSCOPE & 3-D ANALYSIS WORK STATIONTheresa Harrison; Fiscal Year: 1991..Thomas Rosenquist, who is conducting research at a confocal facility at Univ. of South Carolina, will provide expertise and assistance to the other users and technical support in setting up the facility...
- VIRUS ASSEMBLY AND PROTEIN ADAPTABILITYDONALD CASPAR; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- An Electron Microscope for the study of Complex Biological AssembliesMICHAEL ROSSMANN; Fiscal Year: 2006..The instrument would also allow us to perform tomographic studies at about 50 A resolution on pleomorphic viruses and cell organelles that lack structural homogeneity. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LOW-MOLECULAR WEIGHT LIGANDS FOR PROSTATE CANCERJOHN FRANGIONI; Fiscal Year: 2003..We believe that prostate- specific, low-molecular weight ligands will someday be clinically useful reagents for improved prostate cancer detection and guided therapy. ..
- Intra-operative specimen tomosynthesis for margin assessment in breast surgeryEMRE TOKER; Fiscal Year: 2009..system could also serve as a realistic test bed for assessing the clinical efficacy of tomosynthesis in three dimensional imaging of breast tissue, in anticipation of full-breast screening tomosynthesis systems currently under ..