Summary: Techniques using energy such as radio frequency, infrared light, laser light, visible light, or acoustic energy to transfer information without the use of wires, over both short and long distances.
- O Connor T, Fach M, Miller R, Root S, Mercier P, Lipomi D. The Language of Glove: Wireless gesture decoder with low-power and stretchable hybrid electronics. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179766 pubmed publisher..It can thus be used as a test bed for materials scientists to evaluate the performance of new materials and flexible and stretchable hybrid electronics. ..
- Wu Y, Chen Y, Yao L, Wang W, Liu Y. An independently reconfigurable dual-mode dual-band substrate integrated waveguide filter. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179816 pubmed publisher..72 dB to -37.17 dB and -3.67 dB to -7.22 dB in the operating dual bands, respectively. All the simulated and measured results show an acceptable agreement with the predicted data. ..
- Minami C, Shimizu T, Mitani A. Neural activity in the prelimbic and infralimbic cortices of freely moving rats during social interaction: Effect of isolation rearing. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176740 pubmed publisher..The differential influence of isolation rearing on neural activity in the PL and IL may be one of the neural bases of isolation rearing-induced behavior...
- Gul N, Qureshi I, Omar A, Elahi A, Khan S. History based forward and feedback mechanism in cooperative spectrum sensing including malicious users in cognitive radio network. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183387 pubmed publisher..Simulation results show that the proposed KL divergence method has performed better than the existing equal gain combination (EGC), maximum gain combination (MGC) and simple KL divergence schemes in the presence of MUs. ..
- Choi Y, Lee Y, Moon J, Won D. Security enhanced multi-factor biometric authentication scheme using bio-hash function. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176250 pubmed publisher..Finally, the efficiency analysis reveals that the proposed scheme can protect against several possible types of attacks with only a slightly high computational cost. ..
- Park S. Index extraction for electromagnetic field evaluation of high power wireless charging system. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180019 pubmed publisher..Coupling factors derived from the dosimetry results are presented. In this calculation, the external magnetic field from the HR-WPT system can be relaxed by approximately four times using coupling factor in the worst exposure scenario. ..
- Shinmoto Torres R, Visvanathan R, Abbott D, Hill K, Ranasinghe D. A battery-less and wireless wearable sensor system for identifying bed and chair exits in a pilot trial in hospitalized older people. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185670 pubmed publisher..8 to 9.0 and high acceptance of the system with score ? 6.7 for all acceptance factors. The present pilot study suggests the use of wireless wearable sensors is feasible for detecting bed and chair exits in a hospital environment...
- Wu Y, Guan Y, Zhuang Z, Wang W, Liu Y. A novel tri-band T-junction impedance-transforming power divider with independent power division ratios. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178956 pubmed publisher..6 GHz, and 2.35 GHz with the independent power division ratios of 0.5, 0.7, and 0.9. The measured results show that the fabricated prototype is consistent with the simulation, which demonstrates the effectiveness of this proposed design. ..
- Smulyan H, Pinals R, Pinals L, Villarreal D. Wireless: The Life and Death of Guglielmo Marconi. Am J Med Sci. 2017;353:511-515 pubmed publisher..When he died of an acute coronary syndrome, heart failure and dysrhythmias, he was attended only by medical staff, but by none of his large family. ..
- Bulea T, Jonghyun Kim -, Damiano D, Stanley C, Hyung Soon Park -. User-driven control increases cortical activity during treadmill walking: an EEG study. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2014;2014:2111-4 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that user-driven treadmills more fully engage the motor cortex and therefore could facilitate better training outcomes than a traditional treadmill. ..
- Sabry A, Hasan W, Ab Kadir M, Radzi M, Shafie S. DC-based smart PV-powered home energy management system based on voltage matching and RF module. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185012 pubmed publisher..The performance shows that the developed prototype proves the DC voltage matching concept and is able to provide accurate and precise results...
- Lee B, Rim Y, Noh W. A combination of selected mapping and clipping to increase energy efficiency of OFDM systems. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185965 pubmed publisher..Our analysis show that the combined technique increases the EE by 69% compared to no PAPR reduction, and by 19.34% compared to only using SLM technique...
- Alagarsamy S, Rajagopalan S. Complex Conjugated certificateless-based signcryption with differential integrated factor for secured message communication in mobile network. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186207 pubmed publisher..In addition, compared with the three other existing schemes, the CC-DIF scheme has the least computational cost and communication overhead for secured message communication in mobile network...
- Pol M, Poerbodipoero S, Robben S, Daams J, van Hartingsveldt M, de Vos R, et al. Sensor monitoring to measure and support daily functioning for independently living older people: a systematic review and road map for further development. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2013;61:2219-27 pubmed..Studies on the effectiveness of sensor monitoring to support people in daily functioning remain scarce. A road map for further development is proposed. ..
- Beccani M, Di Natali C, Sliker L, Schoen J, Rentschler M, Valdastri P. Wireless tissue palpation for intraoperative detection of lumps in the soft tissue. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2014;61:353-61 pubmed..The stiffness map created intraoperatively by the WPP was compared with a map generated ex vivo by a standard uniaxial material tester, showing less than 8% local stiffness error at the site of the lump. ..
- Tanabe Y, Ho J, Liu J, Liao S, Zhen Z, Hsu S, et al. High-performance wireless powering for peripheral nerve neuromodulation systems. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186698 pubmed publisher..These performance characteristics establish the clinical potential of wireless powering for emerging therapies based on neuromodulation...
- Sun V, Dumitra S, Ruel N, Lee B, Melstrom L, Melstrom K, et al. Wireless Monitoring Program of Patient-Centered Outcomes and Recovery Before and After Major Abdominal Cancer Surgery. JAMA Surg. 2017;152:852-859 pubmed publisher..Preoperative and postoperative patient-centered outcomes have the potential of identifying high-risk populations who may need additional interventions to support postoperative functional and symptom recovery. ..
- Hussein A, Leow C, Rahman T. Robust multiple frequency multiple power localization schemes in the presence of multiple jamming attacks. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177326 pubmed publisher..The main contribution of this paper is to achieve robust localization performance in the presence of multiple jamming attacks under log normal shadow fading environment with a different simulation conditions and scenarios. ..
- Mjøsund H, Boyle E, Kjaer P, Mieritz R, Skallgård T, Kent P. Clinically acceptable agreement between the ViMove wireless motion sensor system and the Vicon motion capture system when measuring lumbar region inclination motion in the sagittal and coronal planes. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2017;18:124 pubmed publisher..Further research should investigate the ViMove system's ability to measure lumbar motion in more complex 3D functional movements and to measure changes of movement patterns related to treatment effects. ..
- Chen Z, Chen Y, Huang Q. Development of a Wireless and Near Real-Time 3D Ultrasound Strain Imaging System. IEEE Trans Biomed Circuits Syst. 2016;10:394-403 pubmed publisher..Phantom and in vivo experimental results demonstrate that our system can generate strain volumes with good quality and display an incrementally reconstructed volume image in near real-time. ..
- Eagle B, Williams D, Dingley J. Investigation of Two Prototypes of Novel Noncontact Technologies for Automated Real-Time Capture of Incremental Drug Administration Data From Syringes. Anesth Analg. 2017;125:458-466 pubmed publisher..The laser device showed high accuracy and precision over all syringe sizes and contained volumes, and was considered potentially accurate enough for clinical use with suitable development. ..
- Li D, Zhang C, Gault J, Wang W, Liu J, Shao M, et al. Remotely Programmed Deep Brain Stimulation of the Bilateral Subthalamic Nucleus for the Treatment of Primary Parkinson Disease: A Randomized Controlled Trial Investigating the Safety and Efficacy of a Novel Deep Brain Stimulation System. Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2017;95:174-182 pubmed publisher..08 ± 1.00) versus the control group (4.20 ± 1.99). Bilateral wireless programming STN-DBS is safe and effective for patients with primary PD in whom medical management has failed to restore motor function. ..
- Rana M. Least mean square fourth based microgrid state estimation algorithm using the internet of things technology. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176099 pubmed publisher..Finally, the least mean square fourth algorithm is explored for estimating the system states. The effectiveness of the developed approach is verified through numerical simulations. ..
- Kiani M, Ghovanloo M. A 13.56-mbps pulse delay modulation based transceiver for simultaneous near-field data and power transmission. IEEE Trans Biomed Circuits Syst. 2015;9:1-11 pubmed publisher..56 MHz, delivered 42 mW of regulated power across a separate pair of high-Q power coils, aligned with the data coils. The PDM data Tx and Rx power consumptions were 960 pJ/bit and 162 pJ/bit, respectively, at 1.8 V supply voltage. ..
- Lai C, Chen M, Pan J, Youn C, Chao H. A collaborative computing framework of cloud network and WBSN applied to fall detection and 3-D motion reconstruction. IEEE J Biomed Health Inform. 2014;18:457-66 pubmed publisher..Through this framework, the transmissions and computing time of sensing data are reduced to enhance overall performance for the services of fall events detection and 3-D motion reconstruction. ..
- Baj Rossi C, De Micheli G, Carrara S. Electrochemical biochip for applications to wireless and batteryless monitoring of free-moving mice. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2014;2014:2020-3 pubmed publisher..108±0.001 k?/°c. ..
- Orphanidou C, Bonnici T, Charlton P, Clifton D, Vallance D, Tarassenko L. Signal-quality indices for the electrocardiogram and photoplethysmogram: derivation and applications to wireless monitoring. IEEE J Biomed Health Inform. 2015;19:832-8 pubmed publisher..The performance of the two applications was assessed on data collected from a clinical study on hospital patients who were able to walk unassisted. ..
- Salman K, Ismail A, Raja Abdullah R, Saeedi T. Coplanar UHF RFID tag antenna with U-shaped inductively coupled feed for metallic applications. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178388 pubmed publisher..The read range is measured to be 4.2 m, which is very close to simulated values. This antenna measurement shows very good agreement with simulations. ..
- Dao N, Park M, Kim J, Cho S. Adaptive MCS selection and resource planning for energy-efficient communication in LTE-M based IoT sensing platform. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182527 pubmed publisher..The simulation results reveal that the proposed approach significantly reduces the energy consumption of IoT sensing nodes and #PRBs up to 23.09% and 25.98%, respectively. ..
- Kang B, Anh K, Choo H. Implementation of fast handover for proxy mobile IPv6: Resolving out-of-order packets. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182375 pubmed publisher..A performance evaluation reveals that the proposed scheme can handle the OoOP problem efficiently...
- Byun G, Choo H. New perspective on single-radiator multiple-port antennas for adaptive beamforming applications. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186099 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that the new perspective of the SRMP antenna allows for improved beamforming performances with the ability of maintaining consistently smaller aperture sizes compared to the traditional multiple-antenna arrays...