Summary: Lists of material available in a library arranged in order with bibliographical METADATA for the purpose of identification and retrieval.
- MacCall S. Online medical books: their availability and an assessment of how health sciences libraries provide access on their public Websites. J Med Libr Assoc. 2006;94:75-80 pubmed
- Eldredge L. A locator list of some medieval ophthalmological texts. Can Bull Med Hist. 2007;24:467-77 pubmed..The editions are often difficult to find, and I have listed them along with at least one library location. ..
- Plaza J. What happened to our free bioethics search service? The terrible and premature death of BIOETHICSLINE. Am J Bioeth. 2001;1:W8 pubmed..There are good reasons to integrate BIOETHICSLINE into these other databases on the NLM Gateway, but I argue that, in addition this integration, BIOETHICSLINE should be continued as a distinct database. ..
- Crawford S, Halbrook B, Kelly E, Stucki L. Beyond the online catalog: developing an academic information system in the sciences. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1987;75:202-8 pubmed..Ongoing research and development and the future of the online catalog are also discussed. ..
- Malfatto L. [The library of an early 17th century physician: the Canevari collection of the Berio Library in Genoa]. Med Secoli. 2005;17:397-420 pubmed..The manuscript catalogue of the library, written by Canevari himself is kept within the Opera Pia "Sussidio Canevari Demetrio" which was founded by Canevari to benefit his descendants. ..
- John J, Wright H. Creation and development of an All-Wales Health Library Catalogue. Health Info Libr J. 2004;21 Suppl 1:33-8 pubmed..It reviews the establishment and operations of the Welsh Health Voyager User Group (WHVUG) created to involve all contributing members in the running and future development of the library catalogue. ..
- Foust J, Bergen P, Maxeiner G, Pawlowski P. Improving e-book access via a library-developed full-text search tool. J Med Libr Assoc. 2007;95:40-5 pubmed
- Anes E. [Addenda to the list of manuscripts of the Circa Instans preserved in British libraries]. Cronos. 2005;8:139-46 pubmed..In a previous essay, I supplied an initial list of manuscripts, which is here updated with further texts identified as versions of this work attributed to the Salernitan physician Matthaeus Platearius. ..
- Goss D. Rare book library catalogs with significant eye and vision content. Hindsight. 2008;39:91-4 pubmedRare book library catalogs can serve as useful historical reference works. This paper discusses the content and format of seven rare book library catalogs with significant information relating to the eye and vision...
- Patrick T, Springer G, Mitchell J, Sievert M. Virtual shelves in a digital library: a framework for access to networked information sources. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 1995;2:383-90 pubmed
- Rankin J, McInnis K, Rosner A. Implementing hospital library automation: the GaIN project. Georgia Interactive Network for Medical Information. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1995;83:286-93 pubmed
- McKinin E. A CATLINE SDI for the reference department: collection development and current awareness tool. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1987;75:362-5 pubmed
- Hill D, Stickell H. Brandon/Hill selected list of print books and journals for the small medical library. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 2001;89:131-53 pubmed..The cost of only the asterisked items, books and journals, totals $55,000. The "minimal core list" book collection costs approximately $14,300. ..
- Potts H. Searching the databases: a quick look at Amazon and two other online catalogues. J Homosex. 2003;45:161-70 pubmed..g., there may be an inverse relationship between concern about child sex abuse and homophobia, more noticeable in U.S. because of the activities of the religious right. ..
- Stec E. Through the looking glass: finding Internet sites to mirror your collection. Med Ref Serv Q. 2000;19:9-17 pubmed..Readers are encouraged to make links from the catalog to any original material produced in Web-readable form by the university, including dissertations and conference proceedings. ..
- Névéol A, Soualmia L, Douyere M, Rogozan A, Thirion B, Darmoni S. Using CISMeF MeSH "Encapsulated" terminology and a categorization algorithm for health resources. Int J Med Inform. 2004;73:57-64 pubmed..A thorough analysis of the results has enabled us to find gaps in the knowledge modeling of the CISMeF terminology. The necessary adjustments having been made, the algorithm is currently used in CISMeF for resource categorization. ..
- Morris R. Online tables of contents for books: effect on usage. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 2001;89:29-36 pubmed..The study also provides information professionals with some guidance on when enhancement of TOC is likely to be most effective in increasing the use of existing collections. ..
- Wallace M, Shorten A, Crookes P. Teaching information literacy skills: an evaluation. Nurse Educ Today. 2000;20:485-9 pubmed
- Modrcin McCarthy M, McGuire S, King A. Perioperative nurses' guide to the library. AORN J. 1997;65:605-10, 613 pubmed..Nurses need to be familiar with library resources, so go to the library. Share your findings with colleagues and students. Acquire the information-seeking skills that will best serve you and your patients in the twenty-first century. ..
- Colglazier M. Prologue for a synoptic catalog: combining a hospital library catalog and a bookseller's catalog. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1996;84:41-51 pubmed..This report discusses user convenience, budget requirements, publisher advertising, collection development, productivity, and library-bookseller relations. User response to the catalog has been favorable, but improvements are needed. ..
- Bunting A. From Index Catalogue to Gopher space: changes in our profession as reflected in the Handbook and CPHSL. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1994;82:1-11 pubmed..And, the means by which assistance is provided to library users, through the use of computer and telecommunications technology, has changed dramatically. ..
- Accart J. The Medical Library and Media Center of Keio University in Tokyo: report on a visit. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1995;83:91-2 pubmed..This article is a report of a professional visit to the library on September 30, 1993. ..
- Lynch F, Lasater M. Government documents and the online catalog. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1990;78:23-8 pubmed..Since their addition to the online catalog, documents are used more and the library has better control. ..