Summary: Communication services provided by a person or a machine to record and relay the message from the caller.
- Question popularity analysis and prediction in community question answering servicesTing Liu
Research Center for Social Computing and Information Retrieval, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin City, Heilongjiang, China
PLoS ONE 9:e85236. 2014..The experimental results show that our proposed approach can effectively distinguish the popular questions from unpopular ones in the Yahoo! Answers question and answer repository. ..
- In need of psychiatric help--leave a message after the beepRené Bridler
Psychiatrische Privatklinik Sanatorium Kilchberg, Kilchberg, Switzerland
Psychopathology 46:201-5. 2013..This study aimed at quantifying the time delay involved in seeking medical attendance when psychiatric disorders begin to develop...
- Calling for automation. Computerized call center helps school of medicine and a teaching affiliate hospital improve switchboard, information directory and after-hours answering servicesKarin Lillis
Health Manag Technol 25:30, 33. 2004
- HIPAA guides answering servicesBarbara Harty-Golder
MLO Med Lab Obs 40:52. 2008
- Smart query answering for marine sensor dataMd Sumon Shahriar
Tasmanian ICT Centre, CSIRO, Hobart, Tasmania 7001, Australia
Sensors (Basel) 11:2885-97. 2011..The smart query also uses query relaxation technique and semantics from domain knowledge as a recommender system. The proposed smart query benefits in building data and information systems for marine sensor networks...
- Veteran satisfaction with RN voice-mail greetingJosephine M Mancuso
Clement J Zablocki VA Medical Center, Milwaukee, WI 53295, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 27:325-32. 2012..Veterans were more satisfied and there was a significant decrease in RN voice-mail messages post-implementation. This study highlights effects of the voice-mail greeting and has implications for other health care settings...
- Role of telephone triage in obstetricsNirvana Afsordeh Manning
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Women s Health Center, University of Arkansas for Medical Services, Little Rock, AR, USA
Obstet Gynecol Surv 67:810-6. 2012..Current methods of telephone triage include personal at the physicians' office, telephone answering services, labor and delivery nurses, and a dedicated telephone triage system using algorithms...
- Satisfaction and public health cost of a statewide influenza nurse triage line in response to pandemic H1N1 influenzaAlicen B Spaulding
School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e50492. 2013..Callers were evaluated for symptoms of influenza-like illness (ILI) and were prescribed an antiviral if indicated, using nurse administered protocols...
- After-hours answering servicesDavid Karp
Med Econ 83:76. 2006
- The power of a telephoneHoward J Anderson
Health Data Manag 16:53-4. 2008
- Your obligation to provide emergency coverageSteven I Kern
Kern Augustine Conroy and Schoppmann, Bridgewater, New Jersey, USA
Med Econ 85:44. 2008
- [Working conditions and health problems among call-centre operators: a study on self-reported data in the Piedmont Region (Italy)]Luisella Gilardi
Centro di Documentazione per la Promozione della Salute, Regione Piemonte, Grugliasco
Med Lav 99:415-23. 2008..The nature and the organization of the work exposes workers to a variety of psychosocial and ergonomic hazards, with a potential impact on physical and psychological health...
- Evaluation of an asynchronous physician voicemail sign-out for emergency department admissionsLeora I Horwitz
Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation, Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT 06520 8093, USA
Ann Emerg Med 54:368-78. 2009..Taped (asynchronous) communication may be more reliable and efficient but lacks interaction. We evaluate a new asynchronous physician-physician sign-out compared with the traditional synchronous sign-out...
- Call centre employees and tobacco dependence: making a differenceG A Mishra
Department of Preventive Oncology, 3rd Floor, Service Block, Tata Memorial Hospital, E Borges Marg, Parel, Mumbai 400 012, Maharashtra, India
Indian J Cancer 47:43-52. 2010..India is known as the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) capital of the world. Safeguarding health of millions of youngsters employed in this new growing economy is an occupational health challenge...
- The SPECTRAL project: a training needs analysis for providers of clinical question answering servicesAndrew Booth
School of Health and Related Research ScHARR, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Health Info Libr J 27:198-207. 2010To characterise the training needs of those providing clinical question answering services (CQAS).
- Development of short message service application for patient-provider communication in clinical psychiatryKari Mäkelä
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Tampere University of Technology, Seinajoki, Finland
Telemed J E Health 16:827-9. 2010..The success or failure of the new innovative healthcare solution may, therefore, depend on both technological aspects and legal factors...
- Evidence-based medicine: is the evidence out there for primary care clinicians?Karen Davies
School of Information Studies, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee UW M, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Health Info Libr J 28:285-93. 2011..However, practising EBM in primary care is thought to be problematic because of concerns about whether evidence exists to answer specific questions...
- Typology of after-hours care instructions for patients: telephone survey and multivariate analysisRisa Bordman
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario
Can Fam Physician 53:451-6, 450. 2007..To develop a typology of after-hours care (AHC) instructions and to examine physician and practice characteristics associated with each type of instruction...
- Put that phone to work. An advanced communication management system can enhance service to your patientsArthur W Lane
NotifyMD, Franklin, Tenn, USA
MGMA Connex 7:23-5. 2007
- Is this an emergency? Don't askScott D Smith
Minn Med 90:24-5. 2007
- After-hours telephone triage affects patient safetyDavid E Hildebrandt
Rose Family Medicine Residency, Denver, CO 80222, USA
J Fam Pract 52:222-7. 2003..To describe the management of after-hours calls to primary care physicians and identify potential errors that might delay evaluation and treatment...
- Patient safety after hours: time for actionJohn Hickner
Department of Family Practice, Michigan State University, East Lansing 44824 1315, USA
J Fam Pract 52:227-8. 2003
- Voice mail, e-mail--do not delete me!Louis Feuer
Dynamic Seminars and Consulting, Inc
Case Manager 14:24-5. 2003
- Patience on holdWendy Brown
Applied Media Technologies Corporation, AMTC, Clearwater, FL, USA
CDS Rev 96:20-2. 2003
- The emotional quality of speech in voice servicesV Maffiolo
Human Interactions Direction, France Telecom R and D, 2 Avenue Pierre Marzin, 22307 Lannion Cedex, France
Ergonomics 46:1375-85. 2003..The results can be applied to the design of voice services, as was done for the voicemail of France Telecom Orange...
- On-hold time. Taking a look at an often-overlooked marketing opportunityGrace Desnoes
Applied Media Technologies Corporation AMTC, Clearwater, Fla, USA
Dent Today 22:146-7. 2003
- Children referred to an emergency department by an after-hours call center: complaint-specific analysisRichard J Scarfone
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 20:507-13. 2004....
- [Control mechanisms in a telemarketing call center and workers' complaints of fatigue and exhaustion]Lailah Vasconcelos de Oliveira Vilela
Programa de Pós Graduação em Saúde Pública, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Cad Saude Publica 20:1069-78. 2004....
- After-hours emergency coverage by private practitioners in MassachusettsBernard Friedland
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, USA
J Mass Dent Soc 54:22-5. 2005
- Impressions of people with gender-ambiguous male or female first namesStuart J McKelvie
Department of Psychology, Bishop s University, Lennoxville, Quebec, J1M 1Z7, Canada
Percept Mot Skills 101:339-44. 2005..These results are consistent with the idea that there is a bias towards assuming that a person of unspecified sex is a male...
- After-hours answering machinesDavid Karp
Med Econ 83:71. 2006
- Harm resulting from inappropriate telephone triage in primary careDavid E Hildebrandt
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center at Fitzsimons, Aurora, CO, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 19:437-42. 2006..Our objective was to assess and categorize harm occurring to patients who called their physicians' office after-hours but did not have their call forwarded to the physician because they stated that their call was not an emergency...
- An internet-based method of selecting control populations for epidemiologic studiesMary Bishop Stone
Public Health Program, Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Am J Epidemiol 165:109-12. 2007..epidemiologic studies continues to increase in difficulty because of changes in telephone technology such as answering services and machines, caller identification, and cell phones...
- [Conflicting situations in the reception of oral health teams from the Family Health Program in Alagoinhas, Bahia, Brazil]Adriano Maia Dos Santos
Núcleo de Pesquisa Integrada em Saúde Coletiva Docentes, Universidade Estadual de Feira de Santana, Feira de Santana, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 23:75-85. 2007..However, oral health teams conduct the reception process in different ways, depending on the practitioners' commitment and unique characteristics...
- The role of e-commerce in health careEllen Hope Kearns
Division of Health Sciences, California State University, Dominguez Hills, 1000 E Victoria St, Carson, CA 90747 0005, USA
Am Clin Lab 21:16-9. 2002