Summary: The field of knowledge, theory, and technology dealing with the collection of facts and figures, and the processes and methods involved in their manipulation, storage, dissemination, publication, and retrieval. It includes the fields of COMMUNICATION; PUBLISHING; LIBRARY SCIENCE; and informatics.
- Haque S, Gibson D. Information technology education for health professionals: opportunities and challenges. J Allied Health. 1998;27:167-72 pubmed..It also provides results of two separate needs assessment surveys, and presents curriculum design strategies and competencies to meet health care's present and emerging information technology needs. ..
- Maserat E, Rahimi M, Maserat E, Zali M. Standard pediatric oncology data and information technology: necessities for cancer care management. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2011;12:323-5 pubmed..Our aim in this papers is to stress the need for standard pediatric oncology data and information technology as an approach to cancer care management. ..
- Arhem P. Vertical information flow in the brain: on neuronal micro events and consciousness. Biosystems. 1996;38:191-8 pubmed..The findings highlight the importance of understanding the stochastic nature of channel gating. ..
- Quinn M. On teaching computer ethics within a computer science department. Sci Eng Ethics. 2006;12:335-43 pubmed..The paper lists topics that can be covered in a computer ethics course and offers some practical suggestions for making the course successful. ..
- Lanza V, Huang C. Advanced course for doctors as Departmental IT Network Administrators in anesthesia and intensive care units. J Clin Monit Comput. 2006;20:333-9 pubmed..This paper illustrates the structure of a course to train a medical network administrator in anesthesiology and critical care. ..
- Tanner A, Pierce S, Pravikoff D. Readiness for evidence-based practice: information literacy needs of nurses in the United States. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2004;107:936-40 pubmed
- Olden K, Call N, Sobral B, Oakes R. Toxicogenomics through the eyes of informatics: conference overview and recommendations. Environ Health Perspect. 2004;112:805-7 pubmed..In conclusion this report discusses toxicogenomics as related to environmental agents, cell-chemical reactions, and gene-environment interactions. ..
- Capozzi D, Lanzola G. Utilizing information technologies for lifelong monitoring in diabetes patients. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2011;5:55-62 pubmed..Furthermore, the modularity of services allows for more complex scenarios encompassing data analysis or even involving actors at multiple institutions in order to better support the overall health care organization. ..
- Antonarakis G. The European computer driving licence and the use of computers by dental students. Eur J Dent Educ. 2009;13:66-7 pubmed publisher..Opinions about the ECDL course varied, many dental students finding the course easy, enjoying it only a little, but admitting that it improved their computer skills. ..
- Zhang L, Li S, Ran S, Xu W, Xu Q. [Utilizing modern technology to promote spread and development of acu-moxibustion learning]. Zhen Ci Yan Jiu. 2008;33:194-6 pubmed
- Filker P, Muckey E, Kelner S, Kodish Stav J. Taking a quality assurance program from paper to electronic health records: one dental school's experience. J Dent Educ. 2009;73:1095-101 pubmed
- Frame J, Watson J, Thomson K. Deploying a culture change programme management approach in support of information and communication technology developments in Greater Glasgow NHS Board. Health Informatics J. 2008;14:125-39 pubmed publisher..In this article we describe the key components of this approach, outline the benefits we believe have accrued, and describe the steps being taken to build upon lessons learned. ..
- Logan R, Tse T. A multidiscipline conceptual framework for consumer health informatics. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2007;129:1169-73 pubmed..conceptual framework for consumer health informatics research drawing from complementary disciplines: information science and health campaign research...
- Idowu B, Adagunodo R, Adedoyin R. Information technology infusion model for health sector in a developing country: Nigeria as a case. Technol Health Care. 2006;14:69-77 pubmed..Finally in this research, IT infusion models were developed for health sector in Nigeria from the data gathered through the questionnaire and oral interview. ..
- Lounnas V, Vriend G. AsteriX: a Web server to automatically extract ligand coordinates from figures in PDF articles. J Chem Inf Model. 2012;52:568-76 pubmed publisher..The coordinates of the reconstructed ligands are made available in a series of formats commonly used in drug design research. The AsteriX Web server is freely available at http://swift.cmbi.ru.nl/bitmapb/. ..
- Puvathingal B, Hantula D. Revisiting the psychology of intelligence analysis: from rational actors to adaptive thinkers. Am Psychol. 2012;67:199-210 pubmed publisher..A potential research agenda and recommendations to optimize intelligence community effectiveness are offered. ..
- Lett M. A case for chaos theory in nursing. Aust J Adv Nurs. 2001;18:14-9 pubmed..The appropriateness of the application of chaos theory as a framework for knowledge generation is also discussed. ..
- Kury L. [Men of science in Brazil: colonial empires and the circulation of information (1780-1810)]. Hist Cienc Saude Manguinhos. 2004;11 Suppl 1:109-29 pubmed..Policies to foster scientific activities in Brazil did not occur in tandem with broad, deep transformations in the spheres of administration, sociability, institutions, economics, or culture. ..
- Powell C, Case Smith J. Information literacy skills of occupational therapy graduates: a survey of learning outcomes. J Med Libr Assoc. 2003;91:468-77 pubmed..Other findings suggest that occupational therapy practitioners need access to information systems in the clinical setting that synthesize the research in a way that is readily applicable to patient-care issues. ..
- Huang C, Huang H. Interactive instruction of cellular physiology for remote learning. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2003;49:1377-84 pubmed..This learning media strategically merges IT innovations with pedagogy to produce user-driven animations of processes and engaging interactive simulations. ..
- Schlobach S, Cornet R. Logical support for terminological modeling. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2004;107:439-43 pubmed..This modeling support is logical as it is based on reasoning services with respect to formally defined semantics. Practical results of this systematic discussion are formal definitions of several new reasoning tasks. ..
- Tintino G. From Darwinian to technological evolution: forgetting the human lottery. Cuad Bioet. 2014;25:387-95 pubmed..But, is this right? ..
- Vassilev V, Fogarty T, Miller J. Information characteristics and the structure of landscapes. Evol Comput. 2000;8:31-60 pubmed..We show that the proposed analysis is an appropriate tool for investigating the structure of fitness landscapes. ..
- Bayer T. Grand challenge commentary: Transforming biosynthesis into an information science. Nat Chem Biol. 2010;6:859-61 pubmed publisher..Information-guided design strategies and tools could unlock the creativity of a wide spectrum of scientists and engineers by decoupling expertise from implementation. ..
- Kenward M, Morris R, Tarassenko L. Neural connections that compute. Trends Neurosci. 2003;26:393-4 pubmed..Through a series of research reviews, the project has created 'snap shots' of research in cognitive systems. A major conference in Bristol in September will consider series of research manifestos created by interdisciplinary groups. ..
- Jabbour S, Nishtar S, Prabhakaran D, Chockalingam A, Achutti A, Agrawal A, et al. Information and communication technology in cardiovascular disease prevention in developing countries: hype and hope. Report of the International Collaboration on Information Use in Cardiovascular Health Promotion in Developing Countries. Int J Cardiol. 2003;92:105-11 pubmed..Enlightened policies can exploit the energies of the recent information boom for promoting cardiovascular prevention, taking into account the considered limitations. ..
- Fink S. The science of doing good. Sci Am. 2007;297:98-104, 106 pubmed
- Tominaga M, Asakura T, Akiyama T. The effect of micro and macro stressors in the work environment on computer professionals' subjective health status and productive behavior in Japan. Ind Health. 2007;45:474-86 pubmed..These findings suggest that improving not only micro stressors but also macro stressors will enhance the subjective health status and increase the productive behavior of computer professionals in Japan. ..
- Gunji Y, Toyoda S, Migita M. Tree and loop as moments for measurement. Biosystems. 1996;38:127-33 pubmed
- Stormshak F. Impact of modern technology on graduate education in animal sciences. J Anim Sci. 2004;82:2815-7 pubmed
- Rosenthal M. Response to "Research culture, environment, and infrastructure". Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2005;84:988-90 pubmed
- Jacobs C, Pfaff H, Lehner B, Driller E, Nitzsche A, Stieler Lorenz B, et al. The influence of transformational leadership on employee well-being: results from a survey of companies in the information and communication technology sector in Germany. J Occup Environ Med. 2013;55:772-8 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest that a transformational leadership style, which both conveys a sense of trust and meaningfulness and individually challenges and develops employees, also has a positive effect on employee well-being. ..
- Moskovitch R, Martins S, Behiri E, Weiss A, Shahar Y. A comparative evaluation of full-text, concept-based, and context-sensitive search. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2007;14:164-74 pubmed..Concept-based searches outperformed free-text queries, especially when baseline precision was low. In general, the more ontological elements used in the query, the greater the resulting precision. ..
- Bessos H, Fraser R, Seghatchian J. What's happening - Scotblood 2006 advances in immunetolerance, information technology, microarrays and pathogen inactivation in transfusion medicine. Transfus Apher Sci. 2006;35:173-7 pubmed..Robin Fraser, Chairman of the Scotblood Organising Committee, and Dr. Hagop Bessos, chairman of the Scotblood Programme Sub-Committee, for inviting him to attend this event and providing him with the essential material for this report. ..
- Gore S, Nordberg J, Palmer L, Piorun M. Trends in health sciences library and information science research: an analysis of research publications in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association and Journal of the Medical Library Association from 1991 to 2007. J Med Libr Assoc. 2009;97:203-11 pubmed publisher..There is, however, room for improvement in terms of research methodologies used, proportion of applied versus theoretical research, and elimination of barriers to conducting research for practicing librarians. ..
- Ormandy P. Defining information need in health - assimilating complex theories derived from information science. Health Expect. 2011;14:92-104 pubmed publisher..The assimilation of complex theories originating from information science has much to offer considerations of patient information need within the context of health care...
- Anton B. Issues and impacts of the changing nature of scientific communication. Optom Vis Sci. 2003;80:403-10 pubmed
- Zagórski Ostoja W, Sarnowska Temeriusz E, Przegalinski E. [Letter to Minister of Science and Information Technology]. Postepy Biochem. 2005;51:239-40 pubmed
- Moulin A, Baulieu J. [Imaging and the new fabric of the human body]. Med Sci (Paris). 2010;26:993-8 pubmed publisher..The images, reminiscent of Vesalius' De humani corporis fabrica, crosslink art, science and society in a specific way: which role will they play in the "empowerment" of the tomorrow patient? ..
- Brown F. Editorial opinion: chemoinformatics - a ten year update. Curr Opin Drug Discov Devel. 2005;8:298-302 pubmed..Several excellent papers that highlight the use of chemoinformatics are cited. This article, similarly to the first publication, will attempt to project a vision for this field. ..
- Ellis L. Environmental biotechnology informatics. Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2000;11:232-5 pubmedEnvironmental biotechnology informatics is in its infancy and is growing fast. Computer and information science can assist environmental biotechnology by developing biological databases and building mathematical models of biological ..
- Mattheos N, Nattestad A, Schittek M, Attstrom R. Computer literacy and attitudes among students in 16 European dental schools: current aspects, regional differences and future trends. Eur J Dent Educ. 2002;6:30-5 pubmed..To minimize this potential problem, closer cooperation between academic institutions, with sharing of resources and expertise, is recommended. ..
- Ruggieri A, Pakhomov S, Chute C. A corpus driven approach applying the "frame semantic" method for modeling functional status terminology. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2004;107:434-8 pubmed
- Hökerberg Y, Duchiade M, Barcellos C. [Organization and quality of health care for Kaingáng Indians in Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil]. Cad Saude Publica. 2001;17:261-72 pubmed
- Gräßler J, Koschützki D, Schreiber F. CentiLib: comprehensive analysis and exploration of network centralities. Bioinformatics. 2012;28:1178-9 pubmed publisher..Software with manual and tutorials is freely available at http://centilib.ipk-gatersleben.de/. ..
- Rosen J, Grigg E, Lanier J, McGrath S, Lillibridge S, Sargent D, et al. The future of command and control for disaster response. Utilizing information and virtual reality technology, the Cybercare system can link resources throughout the country for distributed yet coordinated command and control. IEEE Eng Med Biol Mag. 2002;21:56-68 pubmed
- Beale T, Heard S. An ontology-based model of clinical information. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2007;129:760-4 pubmed..From this approach we develop a classification of types of clinical information called the Clinical Investigator Record (CIR) ontology. ..
- Hollander S. Assessing and enhancing medical students' computer skills: a two-year experience. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1999;87:67-73 pubmed..Results contributed to an increased effort to integrate computer applications into the medical curriculum and to use computers as a means of communicating with students. ..